PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn's Comments on Tim Tebow and The Season

BORDERLINE
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
The Tim Tebow debate has raged into the off-season, and by now we know the usual detractors: guys like Terrell Suggs, Nick Barnett, Shawne Merriman, Brady Quinn ...

Wait. What?

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201202/gq-brady-quinn-debunks-year-tebow-weve-had-lot-luck

We need something to talk about so let's have at it!!!!:elefant:

BORDERLINE
02-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Brady comes off as a jealous ugly sister. Tebow IMO can't escape the cameras, They find him, HE doesn't go looking for it.

And then to chalk everything up to LUCK? Is really LAME. Quinn's words hold no weight when he did absolutely nothing in CLE.

UnderArmour
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
He must have been told he wasn't going to be re-signed. Otherwise, he would have said something like "Yeah, it was great playing with Tim Tebow. That guy really knows how to lead a football team." or something else to compliment him. Based on that, it seems more and more like we're going to be all-in with Tebow next year (Which all of us already knew, no matter how much ESPN blows every Elway remark out of proportion).

Superchop 7
02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Well......thats going to be the problem.......if you bring in a QB veteran to compete......imo......you are better off bringing in a mentor type veteran qb. Then you draft the competition to keep heads on straight.

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I see Jake Delhomme in our future...

As for Brady Quinn... It's hard to argue much of what he says though I agree, he wouldn't be saying it if he didn't know that he was gone already.

I would say there is a 0% chance we will see Brady Quinn as a Denver Bronco in 2012, and he must know that.

Northman
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Brady comes off as a jealous ugly sister. Tebow IMO can't escape the cameras, They find him, HE doesn't go looking for it.

And then to chalk everything up to LUCK? Is really LAME. Quinn's words hold no weight when he did absolutely nothing in CLE.

He isnt totally wrong though, we did have LUCK play in a few games. And the fan pressure most certainly played a part in Tim getting the nod. Now what Brady fails to mention is how he didnt manage to separate himself from Tebow or Orton in camp and in preseason. Had he done that it probably would of been a non issue unless he started out 1-4 like the bearded clam.

rjent
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
It strikes me that BQ is just trying to get traded. He knows there is no future in Denver for him, he knows that TT will improve this offseason (he has probably seen it in person) and he is just creating fodder for the organization to trade him.

Just a thought :coffee:

UnderArmour
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
It strikes me that BQ is just trying to get traded. He knows there is no future in Denver for him, he knows that TT will improve this offseason (he has probably seen it in person) and he is just creating fodder for the organization to trade him.

Just a thought :coffee:

He's a free agent so he's basically just trying to phrase things like "Yeah, I'm a great football player but those rotten fans in Denver ruined my chance by chanting for this player who isn't as good as me" to raise his stock. The reality is though that Tebow was Orton's primary backup for his rookie year and there was nothing substantial to refute the depth chart's claim of the second string QB being "Tebow or Quinn." Maybe all of those reports of Quinn being the "second string" QB ahead of Tebow were coming from Quinn?

Joel
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Quinn is hard to take seriously when he begins with "I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice." Is that about Tebows play, or Quinns ambition? ;)

That said, I actually agree with his comment that, "If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?" Of course, Warner said much the same far better, and was probably more objective since he wasn't bitter over Tebow stealing "his" job. The "when I get that opportunity" line is very telling; anyone asked Jake the Snake what he thinks of Cutlers play? :tongue:

Just the opinion of one guy (who started a thread a month into the season to say we should replace Orton with Quinn and keep Tebow as far from the field as possible.)

Northman
02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
anyone asked Jake the Snake what he thinks of Cutlers play? :tongue:

Doubt it, Jake has more of an axe to grind with Shanny than Jay.

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 12:02 PM

I guess we won't see Jake coming out of retirement to play for the Redskins any time soon...

Nomad
02-21-2012, 12:08 PM
He isnt totally wrong though, we did have LUCK play in a few games. And the fan pressure most certainly played a part in Tim getting the nod. Now what Brady fails to mention is how he didnt manage to separate himself from Tebow or Orton in camp and in preseason. Had he done that it probably would of been a non issue unless he started out 1-4 like the bearded clam.

Yeah.....Quinn should just go quietly because he couldn't beat out Orton or Tebow:lol:

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

Shazam!
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
He should ****. It's telling that Denver's FO dont want him back, and no team will ne banging down his door to get him.

dogfish
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
brady quinn. . . . :lol::lol:

go die in a fire you useless nancyboi. . . .

pnbronco
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
It was quotes from through out the season. He was frustrated, I can understand that. Would you want someone on your team that didn't think they had what it took to start? No big deal.....it's the off season.

BigDaddyBronco
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
LOL. Quinn sounds like a jilted lover. Or maybe a refused lover.

Eff you Brandy Quinn, good riddance.

weazel
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Well... is he wrong? no... but then again, if Tebow is so horrible, why wasnt Quinn able to beat him out for the job?

catfish
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
just to be clear if you read the original article you will see that these quotes were said as the year progressed over a span of 8-10 weeks. The original author did a quick synopsis of each game and had quotes from people after each game. That is where these quotes came from. This article takes them pretty much completely out of context and makes it sound like it was all from a recent interview

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with what Quinn says. it seems like TT did pull some games out of his ass. i think the word lucky is used appropriately here.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM

Yes. Actually, IIRC, Jake has been complimentary of Jay. As you said, it's Shanny . . .

-----

broncobryce
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
silver is trying to save face. Didn't work

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

topscribe
02-21-2012, 01:29 PM
And so we now have another unpopular QB, although this one never had
much of a chance to prove anything. Sometimes, I just can't believe
football fans. And, frankly, I don't blame Brady for how he feels. It seems
this organization has a history of jilting QBs . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
And so we now have another unpopular QB, although this one never had
much of a chance to prove anything. Sometimes, I just can't believe
football fans. And, frankly, I don't blame Brady for how he feels. It seems
this organization has a history of jilting QBs . . .

-----

I was just thnking that too Top. I think people are so damn enamored with Tim Tebow that they can't even see the trees for the forsest.

Northman
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I was just thnking that too Top. I think people are so damn enamored with Tim Tebow that they can't even see the trees for the forsest.

You are now guilty of copyright infringement Nut, Lonestar will have your ass for that comment.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
You are now guilty of copyright infringement Nut, Lonestar will have your ass for that comment.

Lonestar=JRwiz=Reverend?

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Brady Quinn has done nothing to deserve negative reaction from the fans. He's been completely professional in the way he's handled the circus that has been Orton-Tebow. I feel bad for him in a way. He seems like a really good guy who just didn't have a place here in Denver.

I was rooting for him in Preseason but I just don't see him as a starter in the NFL. He looks scared when he plays. But overall I think he has been a good representation of the Denver Broncos. I think he has been put in 2 very poor situations between Cleveland and here.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Brady Quinn has done nothing to deserve negative reaction from the fans. He's been completely professional in the way he's handled the circus that has been Orton-Tebow. I feel bad for him in a way. He seems like a really good guy who just didn't have a place here in Denver.

I was rooting for him in Preseason but I just don't see him as a starter in the NFL. He looks scared when he plays. But overall I think he has been a good representation of the Denver Broncos. I think he has been put in 2 very poor situations between Cleveland and here.

pretty much agree with all that. alot of it is situation and luck, whatever.

Slick
02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
bovine excrement.

Love,
Jr.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Lonestar=JRwiz=Reverend?

Oh man, thats a low blow to Rev mate. :tsk:

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM

I'm all confused on this issue. why have you been recently mentioning Jr? I am so damn tired of reading minds.

Mike
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Meh. Quinn is just butthurt.

Nobody had a problem with the guy and would have been fine if he just would have sailed off quietly into the night to conclude the final chapter of his sub-mediocre career. But is it a surprise that fans have a negative reaction to this article? Not really.

claymore
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Well... is he wrong? no... but then again, if Tebow is so horrible, why wasnt Quinn able to beat him out for the job?

Tebow didnt earn the start. Quin beat him out in TC and practice. It was because we used a #1 on Tebow, and his fanbase.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
everyone's writing quinn off like his career is over already. he hasn't been in the league that long has he? 4/5 years?

topscribe
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM

Nut's wrong, of course. We knew Rev on the Mane. But I think it is a low
blow to JR to call it a low blow to Rev. I know JR personally. Not sure
what happened to him online, but he is a quality person, IMO . . .

-----

Ziggy
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm all confused on this issue. why have you been recently mentioning Jr? I am so damn tired of reading minds.

Rev isn't JR (Lonestar). He's a long time poster from the Mane, and a good one mostly.

Northman
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM

-----

Meh, i think the ship sailed on Jr and I a while ago. I know he hangs at Popps forum a little bit but havent been over there in quite some time. Pretty dead anyway. At one time Jr was a pretty cool guy and then just lost it and became a troll. And despite whatever issues you and i had it was always about just one particular topic and nothing more. But with Jr became much deeper than that sadly. But it seems he had that effect on quite a few people outside of myself.

Ziggy
02-21-2012, 02:10 PM

-----

JR was fine. He just got a little too emotional and went crusading on certain topics. Once he made up his mind, he put blinders on and injected his point into every thread whether it had something to do with it or not. He seemed like a decent fellow who just didn't know when to quit.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Meh, i think the ship sailed on Jr and I a while ago. I know he hangs at Popps forum a little bit but havent been over there in quite some time. Pretty dead anyway. At one time Jr was a pretty cool guy and then just lost it and became a troll. And despite whatever issues you and i had it was always about just one particular topic and nothing more. But with Jr became much deeper than that sadly. But it seems he had that effect on quite a few people outside of myself.

Whatever issues we had was largely because I was thinking of myself and
how I was offended. I was not thinking of you. And I apologize.

If you offend another, you are often wrong. If you become offended, you are always wrong. - my daddy

-----

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM

-----

I always flat out hated you TOP. I think I've always been pretty straight with you on that.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I always flat out hated you TOP. I think I've always been pretty straight with you on that.

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, Nut. :love:

-----

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
He must have been told he wasn't going to be re-signed. Otherwise, he would have said something like "Yeah, it was great playing with Tim Tebow. That guy really knows how to lead a football team." or something else to compliment him. Based on that, it seems more and more like we're going to be all-in with Tebow next year (Which all of us already knew, no matter how much ESPN blows every Elway remark out of proportion).I dont know about the all in with tebow, but they must definately be all OUT with QUINN.

Northman
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM

-----

No need. I knew it would blow over sooner or later. We were both wrong in certain situations and how we handled it. It happens.

BroncoNut
wha i ayour take on Quinn Zambini?

bcbronc
Everyone that said something crirical of BQ (or Jr for that matter) is just hating because of his (their) faith.

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
everyone's writing quinn off like his career is over already. he hasn't been in the league that long has he? 4/5 years?he could be the new jim plunkett 1
Do his parents have a back story ?

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Everyone that said something crirical of BQ (or Jr for that matter) is just hating because of his (their) faith.

what do you mean? I dont' know if Quinn's all that Catholic. I don't know either if Tim Tebow looks for the cameras's when praying either. Only Brady 'Quinn, Tim Tebow, and God know that when it gets right down to it. .

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
he could be the new jim plunkett 1
Do his parents have a back story ?

serioulsy ZAm

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
No need. I knew it would blow over sooner or later. We were both wrong in certain situations and how we handled it. It happens.Can you two get a room while the rest of us talk football?

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
no kidding and great call Zam. Top and North should do just that and see what else they can blow over

topscribe
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
what do you mean? I dont' know if Quinn's all that Catholic. I don't know either if Tim Tebow looks for the cameras's when praying either. Only Brady 'Quinn, Tim Tebow, and God know that when it gets right down to it. .

Brady's very religious. Others on the team are, too -- Dawkins, for instance.
And Spencer Larsen is very devout in this Mormon faith. I think they just
do their personal praying privately, as their Bibles instruct them . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM

-----

but one is also instruceted to spread the message.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM

-----

I ddni't know BQ was that religious. I would assume he's a catholic fellow

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
QUIN was used to being the glamor boy, most popular young QB on the bench. enter the game, no pressure, be a hero.
he got none of that once tebow hit town.
he went to work on his craft. most observers said favorable things and he was by all accounts the #2 QB.
He had a bad game, playing with a hodge podge of offense, against the Cards.
He never got another chance, the ENTIRE SEASON !
I am only surprized that his dissapointment has not surfaced sooner.
He only speaks now because he must feel certain that he will no longer wear a bronco uniform.
... and per FOX, 'getting 2 QBs "
it would appear that QUINNS prognostication is well founded.

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
How the hell does everything I don't even post in have pages long discussions about me?

topscribe
but one is also instruceted to spread the message.

I would be surprised if they don't all feel that way. Whether or not it is
intentional (probably not), praying out on the football field just seems like
a form of grandstanding to me . . . and this, it seems, is what Brady's
getting at . . .

-----

BroncoNut
QUIN was used to being the glamor boy, most popular young QB on the bench. enter the game, no pressure, be a hero.
he got none of that once tebow hit town.
he went to work on his craft. most observers said favorable things and he was by all accounts the #2 QB.
He had a bad game, playing with a hodge podge of offense, against the Cards.
He never got another chance, the ENTIRE SEASON !
I am only surprized that his dissapointment has not surfaced sooner.
He only speaks now because he must feel certain that he will no longer wear a bronco uniform.
... and per FOX, 'getting 2 QBs "
it would appear that QUINNS prognostication is well founded.

that is my take too. just seems like he never got a chance. I hate TimTebow

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 02:39 PM
getting at . . .

-----

he made it sound like Tim chases the cameras down after games.

topscribe
How the hell does everything I don't even post in have pages long discussions about me?

To get you to come and join us, Rev! :beer:

-----

BroncoNut

what in the blank are you talking about? dang man, catch up

topscribe
he made it sound like Tim chases the cameras down after games.

I know . . . there was probably a bit of hyperbole there . . .

-----

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
but one is also instruceted to spread the message.I go to a SPA where they spread the massage.

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 02:51 PM
How the hell does everything I don't even post in have pages long discussions about me?..., said TEBOW ?

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
quinn defionatly took a shot at tebow for his now iconic pose.
We first noticed it when he struck that pose while everyone else was celebrating like wild dogs emmediately after a miraculous win.
Tebow cant direct or reduce the # of cameras that follow him around.
In those comments, quinn showed bitter jealousy and resentment,
and he definatly took a shot at tebows knees regarding his sincerety.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I go to a SPA where they spread the massage.

i wish I was Jewish sometimes..

topscribe
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
We first noticed it when he struck that pose while everyone else was celebrating like wild dogs emmediately after a miraculous win.

I'm not sure Brady meant any thing about Tebow's sincerity. He just
expressed his opinion about public praying -- an opinion I share with him. I
didn't detect any bitterness toward Tebow there. I do think Brady has
some resentment, but it seems directed more toward the FO than at
Tebow. I think we all need some perspective here . . .

-----

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
..., said TEBOW ?

That might be one of the best posts I've ever read.

I applaud you sir.

I applaud you.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM

-----

I dont' necessarily disagree, but once again, I believe your perspective to be for shit

topscribe
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I dont' necessarily disagree, but once again, I believe your perspective to be for shit

'ppreciate that. :D

-----

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Brady Quinns comments about Tebow, insinuating that he's not humble and the prayers are just for the camera and not genuine was busch league IMO.

If those are Brady's true thoughts, that's fine, but it says something about the lack of professionalism and classlessness of a guy who takes unprovoked jabs at someone on the way out.

Quinn was arguably the biggest waste of a roster spot the last two years (perhaps with the exception of Knowshow).

claymore
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM

Lets not forget that Quin was told by McD he was coming here to compete with Norton. Then McD drafts Tebow... Quin has beaten Tebow every chance he has got, and Tebow is still the starter.

Quin is trying to resurect his career. He wasnt told the truth, or given the honest chance that he earned in TC.

You cant blame the dude for being bitter. He just wasted 3 years of his life.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Lets not forget that Quin was told by McD he was coming here to compete with Norton. Then McD drafts Tebow... Quin has beaten Tebow every chance he has got, and Tebow is still the starter.

Quin is trying to resurect his career. He wasnt told the truth, or given the honest chance that he earned in TC.

You cant blame the dude for being bitter. He just wasted 3 years of his life.

who is Norton?

claymore
02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
who is Norton?

Kyle Norton. The noodle armed Chief. :D

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM

-----

Top, your discontent with our current QB has blinded you...

"If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

^^^How can you not detect any resentment in the above quote? "don't seem very humble"...."not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera"...clearly those are some not so subtle jabs at Tebow.

Makes me wonder how someone so experienced in life could fail to detect that...:coffee:

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Kyle Norton. The noodle armed Chief. :D

well people get lied to in careers all the time Bill. I suppose one could say Ive wasted years of my life with the times I've been effed over with that kinda thing. I don't blame quinn if he is a bit miffed. just his insight. maybe not the classiest way in some regard. but I think it was more at his situration (directed frustration) than with the Golden boy directly.

claymore
02-21-2012, 03:46 PM
well people get lied to in careers all the time Bill. I suppose one could say Ive wasted years of my life with the times I've been effed over with that kinda thing. I don't blame quinn if he is a bit miffed. just his insight. maybe not the classiest way in some regard. but I think it was more at his situration (directed frustration) than with the Golden boy directly.

I dont like Quin, I just think that he has a very good reason to be bitter.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM

Why?...because when he had a chance to solidify his hold on the backup position in the final preseason game he shit the bed?

Quinn had his chance and he blew it...he has no one to blame but himself.

claymore
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Why?...because when he had a chance to solidify his hold on the backup position in the final preseason game he shit the bed?

Tebow started ahead of Quin for 2 reasons.

1. We used a first to draft him.
2. Fanbase crying bloody murder for him to start.

At no point did Tebow ever look better than Quin in any practice or training camp.

Quin earned the start. He has a right to be bitter.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM

see, I just don't see that . look how many times Tebow's crapped the bed. I mean he has played just awful at times.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 04:09 PM

At no point did Tebow ever look better than Quin in any practice or training camp.

If good practices translated to automatic success then Kyle Orton would still be here.

Practice is important, but how do you react when the real bullets start flying and you aren't wearing the security blanket known as the red jersey?

Quinn has proven in his time in Cleveland and in that last preseason game that he just doesn't have the fortitude to perform under pressure.

Tebow wasn't great, but he was able to help turn our season around after this very same team had the worst record in the league over the previous 2 seasons. The guy was a playmaker in the clutch.

Sure, the fan pressure played a role in the decision, but ultimately it was the right one, because we needed to see what the kid could do in a season that was already all but lost...The fact that we ended up making the playoffs with him was amazing. Funny how short memories can be.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
see, I just don't see that . look how many times Tebow's crapped the bed. I mean he has played just awful at times.

What was our record with Tebow again?? Hard to say he was shitting the bed when we won 7 of 8.

How did he look when the game was on the line?..You know, when it matters?

Mike
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM

If Quinn were better he'd be the starter. He was a poorer version of Orton and the offense sucked under Orton. Denver had the unknown in Tebow and had the investment in him to see what he could do. If Quinn were that much better then he would have been the starter though. But he wasn't and isn't and his life will go on being a pretty boy maybe backup QB.

And will make a crapload of money doing it. Plenty reason to be bitter, I guess.

GEM
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
And do you know why the fans called for Tebow, pretty boy?

Because you ******* suck so bad Cleveland got rid of your ass.

GEM
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM

:listen:Clay......Quinn ******* sucks worse than Tebow. Just sayin. But, if you like watching paint dry, it is comparative to watching Quinn as a QB.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
And do you know why the fans called for Tebow, pretty boy?

Because you ******* suck so bad Cleveland got rid of your ass.

You ever heard of Jim Plunkett, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner?
They were QBs who did not fare so well untill they joined another team --
in fact, I see some Super Bowls in there, don't you?

How Brady did in Cleveland is neither here nor there. If his apparentl lack
of opportunity was based on that, then the injustice just got worse . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Brady Quinn @BQ9

The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos. Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate. That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our Team's or Tim's success this season.

http://twitter.com/#!/BQ9

In my opinion - just another case where you can't always believe what is written

Mike
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
:lol:

"If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

Yeah, easy to take that out of context. Gimme a break. At least be man enough to stick to your guns.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Yeah, easy to take that out of context. Gimme a break. At least be man enough to stick to your guns.

That's the part I agree wtih. But the truth is somewhere in the middle, it
would seem. This is the stage where the cited person is trying to soften
the blow. Brady certainly doesn't want a negative image in this respect,
and the publication of this story must have been a shock to him.

-----

dogfish
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM

please!

allen iverson just called-- he wanted to remind you that we talkin' about practice. . .

:wave:

quinn never "earned" squat, doesn't deserve squat, and frankly should be grateful that his useless ass has gotten paid like a pro for as long as he has. . .

vandammage13
http://twitter.com/#!/BQ9

In my opinion - just another case where you can't always believe what is written

Just noticed that the piece was written by Mike Silver...So it makes sense to me considering he's the one who reported the "4th string" story...

This guy is a washed up has-been journalist who's best days are behind him and is looking to bash Tebow to garner attention and ressurect his career.

Similar to how Merril Hoge had faded into obscurity until his Twitter remarks on Tebow made him a feature analyst on ESPN again.

TheReverend

Yup. Either the writer's FOS or Brady is.

catfish
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Yup. Either the writer's FOS or Brady is.

Ehhh...the GQ article wasn't nearly as bad as the yahoo article made it out to be. It's hard to get context from the types of quotes they were throwing around. The author basically combed the last 6 months of quotes for things that people said that reflected negatively on Tebow. Managed to get himself some more views for doing so.

GEM
02-21-2012, 04:52 PM
You ever heard of Jim Plunkett, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner?
They were QBs who did not fare so well untill they joined another team --
in fact, I see some Super Bowls in there, don't you?

How Brady did in Cleveland is neither here nor there. If his apparentl lack
of opportunity was based on that, then the injustice just got worse . . .

-----

Yea....and then he had that 4th game in the preseason...a first rounder who couldn't move the ball against 4th stringers. If he lit shit up, Elway would be ignoring the fans and going with what would turn the franchise around. Let's not forget....Quinn was a 1st rounder, the same as Tebow...I think within a couple picks of each other, different years. He could have easily kept Tebow in the background, put Quinn on the front line when Tebow took over for Orton.

You might see Quinn in that crowd of faces....I don't. :shrugs: No biggie. I'll just be happy when we don't have to pay the pretty boy for riding the pine anymore.

Though this years scrimmage is going to be iffy. Can't look at Hillis' calves, can't look at pretty boy's forearms, I guess I'm stuck with Decker! :D

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Ehhh...the GQ article wasn't nearly as bad as the yahoo article made it out to be. It's hard to get context from the types of quotes they were throwing around. The author basically combed the last 6 months of quotes for things that people said that reflected negatively on Tebow. Managed to get himself some more views for doing so.

So be it. But that specific quote is damn near impossible to be taken out of context, don't you think?

bcbronc
02-21-2012, 04:57 PM
getting at . . .

-----

I don't agree top. When a group of players from both teams meet on the 50 after the game to pray, I don't see that as grandstanding. Or when someone goes to a knee or looks to the sky after scoring a TD.

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM

Ya and if we start Quinn over Tebow we likely win maybe 4-5 games...

Let him be bitter. He blew it when he looked awful against the Cards.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM

Yea....and then he had that 4th game in the preseason...a first rounder who couldn't move the ball against 4th stringers. If he lit shit up, Elway would be ignoring the fans and going with what would turn the franchise around. Let's not forget....Quinn was a 1st rounder, the same as Tebow...I think within a couple picks of each other, different years. He could have easily kept Tebow in the background, put Quinn on the front line when Tebow took over for Orton.

You might see Quinn in that crowd of faces....I don't. :shrugs: No biggie. I'll just be happy when we don't have to pay the pretty boy for riding the pine anymore.

Though this years scrimmage is going to be iffy. Can't look at Hillis' calves, can't look at pretty boy's forearms, I guess I'm stuck with Decker! :D

Regarding that one preseason game, which is being brought up with
frequency now, I give you Nut's quote here just above yours.

And now we're going clear back to the draft order? Wow. Did you know
Johnny Unitas was selected in the 9th round and Bart Starr in the 17th?
More recently, have you heard of Tom Brady? You know, 6th round?

Anyway, they could have busted Jim Plunkett clear out of football -- after
all, he was a first-round "bust" at one time. As I alluded, all he did, once
the Raiders gave him a chance, was to quarterback them to the Super
Bowl.

Once again, it is what he does here, not there. And if that one game is
such a determinant, then why is Tebow still the starter -- other than
there is no one else now?

-----

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't agree top. When a group of players from both teams meet on the 50 after the game to pray, I don't see that as grandstanding. Or when someone goes to a knee or looks to the sky after scoring a TD.

I have avoided doing this because of the nature of this forum, but:

And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly (Matthew 6:5-6, NKJV).

This is from the Book where Tebow gets his scriptural references . . .

-----

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
TOP at it again...

"I just want the QB that leads Denver to wins"...

Yet I will defend Orton to the end and now Quinn, who basically soiled his pants in Preseason against 4th stringers while nitpicking one of two QBs that has won a playoff game for the Broncos since Elway retired.

TOP, you're clearly biased here. Regardless of the highs and lows of 2011 it ended the Orton Era in Denver and that's a GREAT thing.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Once again, it is what he does here, not there. And if that one game is such a determinant, then why is Tebow still the starter -- other than there is no one else now?

-----

And what did Quinn do here again??

Nothing to separate himself enough to ward off fan pressure. Politics aside, if Quinn was good enough, he would have played, no matter what the fans said.

BTW, Tebow is still the starter because he took over a terrible 1-4 team and helped get them to the playoffs. He was lacking in certain traditional areas that are used to judge QB's but the end result was what mattered.

As the old adage goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat...We got to the divisional round...That is why Tebow is the starter. But then again, you thought Orton was the better option, so I understand why you think the way you do.

If a guy can play that "awful" and still manage to pull out victories, then there is the hope that he can improve and really be something special.

dogfish
02-21-2012, 05:15 PM

-----

probably because john ****ing elway says he's the starter. . . .

:salute:

oh yea, john fox agrees. . . .

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
probably because john ****ing elway says he's the starter. . . .

:salute:

oh yea, john fox agrees. . . .

Right. Otherwise, Tebow would be backup to . . . whom?

-----

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
TOP at it again...

"I just want the QB that leads Denver to wins"...

Yet I will defend Orton to the end and now Quinn, who basically soiled his pants in Preseason against 4th stringers while nitpicking one of two QBs that has won a playoff game for the Broncos since Elway retired.

TOP, you're clearly biased here. Regardless of the highs and lows of 2011 it ended the Orton Era in Denver and that's a GREAT thing.

Now that you have so graciously provided your opinion of me, would you
care to join us in an intelligent discussion regarding the issues?

-----

Mike

-----

This isn't the place for the discussion. But that verse wasn't what Jesus meant and it does not fit what Tebow does.

catfish
So be it. But that specific quote is damn near impossible to be taken out of context, don't you think?

it just sounded to me like he wasn't a fan of the public praying, if he is indeed Catholic that would be in line...if it helps the author of the article says that the comment was not meant to be bitter. The excerpt is from a much longer interview that happened over 3 months ago. Personally I think the truth is that Quinn has been publicly supportive of Tebow, but feels he could do better as the starter. Personally exactly the way I would want my backup to feel.

The fact that Quinn contacted the author regarding how he was portrayed means to me he feels he was taken out of context, so he may have said it, but most likely it wasn't presented the way he meant it

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Regarding that one preseason game, which is being brought up with
frequency now, I give you Nut's quote here just above yours.

And now we're going clear back to the draft order? Wow. Did you know
Johnny Unitas was selected in the 9th round and Bart Starr in the 17th?
More recently, have you heard of Tom Brady? You know, 6th round?

Anyway, they could have busted Jim Plunkett clear out of football -- after
all, he was a first-round "bust" at one time. As I alluded, all he did, once
the Raiders gave him a chance, was to quarterback them to the Super
Bowl.

-----

Difference....4th preseason game vs NFL starters.

I didn't say either deserved to be 1st rouneders, but if the excuse is going to be made that the only reason the Broncos went with Tebow is because he was picked in the 1st round...well so was Brady. Neither were deserving of where they were selected.

In the end, Quinn didn't do enough to get the starting job. Whining about it afterwards does a lot less than putting on the helmet and going out there and beating Tebow out of the spot. It shows a serious character flaw. You don't tear down someone else to make yourself look better. In the end, you just look worse.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
This isn't the place for the discussion. But that verse wasn't what Jesus meant and it does not fit what Tebow does.

That is your opinion. It says what it says, and it fits grandstanding in any case.
Again, whether or not it is intentional (and I have already stated that I don't
think it was), it is grandstanding, in my opinion.

So I have provided my opinion and the basis for it. From this point on, I would
think it is just agree to disagree. Don't you?

-----

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM

-----

Tebow usually prays in the north endzone, by himself. Yes, he does join in the prayer at the middle of the field. But so does about 25 other players. Group prayer for the safety of the players who played the game. Group prayer for the blessing they have been given. I guess people shouldn't pray at a restaurant in front of a group of people, or for that matter at church. Pray behind closed doors in private.

catfish
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM

From what I recall from bible studies, that passage was actually referencing the hypocrisy of people using public prayer to gain status. Praying out loud while not walking the path in private

edit: and thus ends my willingness to talk religion in this thread

dogfish
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Right. Otherwise, Tebow would be backup to . . . whom?

-----

:rolleyes:

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM

I didn't say either deserved to be 1st rouneders, but if the excuse is going to be made that the only reason the Broncos went with Tebow is because he was picked in the 1st round...well so was Brady. Neither were deserving of where they were selected.

In the end, Quinn didn't do enough to get the starting job. Whining about it afterwards does a lot less than putting on the helmet and going out there and beating Tebow out of the spot. It shows a serious character flaw. You don't tear down someone else to make yourself look better. In the end, you just look worse.

Okay, I get you now. I agree: I don't believe that was the only reason, or
maybe not even a part of it, although I believe public pressure had to
have an effect.

And I think you are exaggerating a little bit: I don't see where Brady tore
down Tebow -- at least, not intentionally. It seemed to me that the gist
of those specific comments were toward the FO, not Tebow. The only
comment I saw directed specifically toward Tebow was about his "Tebowing."
To which, as I said, I agree . . .

-----

Buff
02-21-2012, 05:26 PM

I blame Mike Silver... All the guy does is write divisive hit pieces, usually with anonymous sources.

By all accounts, it sounds like Quinn is actually a gracious guy who never complained once during the season... It sounds like his quotes were taken a little out of context.

echobravo
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Read the article and fail to see what the fuss is about. OH WOW a backup who wants to start!! Gee that's like a guy who would like to get laid. Such a shocker. . .

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Tebow usually prays in the north endzone, by himself. Yes, he does join in the prayer at the middle of the field. But so does about 25 other players. Group prayer for the safety of the players who played the game. Group prayer for the blessing they have been given. I guess people shouldn't pray at a restaurant in front of a group of people, or for that matter at church. Pray behind closed doors in private.

Scripture says what it says. We can interpret and manipulate it all we
want but all we do is to make it say what we want it to, so we can futher
our own arguments. I provided it as it is written and then gave my opinion
as to why I don't agree with this "Tebowing" thing. So I gave my opinion
and my basis for it.

'Nuff said on this, at least from me . . . :nod:

-----

bcbronc
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM

-----

So the main dude from Tebow's spiritual reference book never prayed in public?

As for BQ and playing time, the politics of the situation obviously influenced the situation a little bit. That's including draft position, contract status, suppposedly deep QB draft, etc etc. But with that said, there was at least twice where there was speculation that Quinn was in the warm up circle, and both times Tebow's play improved, so full credit to Tebow for doing just enough at just the right time to stay on the field.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM

And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly (Matthew 6:5-6, NKJV).

-----

The verse you are referring to is talking about the motivation for one's prayer...You can't tell what Tebow's true motivations are, only God knows that.

Another verse to consider:

Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.....1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 (NIV)

Another discussion for another thread though...

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Scripture says what it says. We can interpret and manipulate it all we
want but all we do is to make it say what we want it to, so we can futher
our own arguments. I provided it as it is written and then gave my opinion
as to why I don't agree with this "Tebowing" thing. So I gave my opinion
and my basis for it.

'Nuff said on this, at least from me . . . :nod:

-----

You do know that Tebow didn't intentionally "Tebow" right?

He was on the sidelines praying and the camera caught him and it took off from there.

It's the fanatic's...the Tebow Freakshows...that you should be talking about. A man shouldn't be judged because in a private moment he is shown on national tv and a bunch of people turn it into some pop culture phenomenon.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:35 PM
You do know that Tebow didn't intentionally "Tebow" right?

He was on the sidelines praying and the camera caught him and it took off from there.

It's the fanatic's...the Tebow Freakshows...that you should be talking about. A man shouldn't be judged because in a private moment he is shown on national tv and a bunch of people turn it into some pop culture phenomenon.

I don't judge him. I'll let Someone else do that. I just don't agree with it. *shrugs*

And, as I recall, Tebow went right along with the flow, even teaching a
talk show host on TV how to "Tebow," if I read the story correctly . . .

-----

sneakers
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Brady quinn is my hero....even if he still looks like a 14 year old boy.

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't judge him. I'll let Someone else do that. I just don't agree with it. *shrugs*

And, as I recall, Tebow went right along with the flow, even teaching a
talk show host on TV how to "Tebow," if I read the story correctly . . .

-----

:laugh: And did he really get down on his knee and pray when he taught this host? Or did he just run with what was asked of him? Did he say while you are on a knee, you must pray? THAT would have been grandstanding.

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Brady quinn is my hero....even if he still looks like a 14 year old boy.

:lol: That's what we needed here, Sneaks . . . you.

-----

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
:laugh: And did he really get down on his knee and pray when he taught this host? Or did he just run with what was asked of him? Did he say while you are on a knee, you must pray? THAT would have been grandstanding.

Yes, the picture I saw was Tebow down on his knee.

Unless it was photoshopped or something . . .

But all I did was to give my opinon. Is that okay? :whoknows:

-----

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
I think this settles it...

Tebow definitely doesn't get enough attention.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Just noticed that the piece was written by Mike Silver...So it makes sense to me considering he's the one who reported the "4th string" story...

This guy is a washed up has-been journalist who's best days are behind him and is looking to bash Tebow to garner attention and ressurect his career.

Similar to how Merril Hoge had faded into obscurity until his Twitter remarks on Tebow made him a feature analyst on ESPN again.

Same thing that DMac and Al said a few minutes ago - they also mentioned that this is the same person who wrote that he was TOLD by someone within the Broncos' organization that TT was the 4th string QB, and also wrote about what some of the Detroit players "supposedly" said, after our game with them, which both DMac and Al stated they talked to someone in Detroit, who said that was not true.

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, the picture I saw was Tebow down on his knee.

Unless it was photoshopped or something . . .

But all I did was to give my opinon. Is that okay? :whoknows:

-----

Of course, silly! You need to find your wheelchair...I hid it from ya, old man! :D

Northman
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Of course, silly! You need to find your wheelchair...I hid it from ya, old man! :D

Dannnnnnnnng. You had to go there.

Oh well, at least he can put you on his lap and wheel you around like a princess........

*snicker*

:D

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM

:deadtome: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Demaryius Thomas @DemaryiusT

I'm tired of ppl talking about my QB.. If u ask me there's no such thing as luck.. It's hard work and determination.. That's all...

http://twitter.com/#!/demaryiust

GEM
02-21-2012, 05:54 PM
:deadtome: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

:shocked: :(

topscribe
02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
:shocked: :(

Gem, if I didn't already have a daughter, I would steal you and make you mine . . . :hug:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

So let me get this straight. Writer has alleged inflammatory quotes regarding Tim Tebow. And he doesn't use those quote for three months?

Just spoke to a member of the Quinn camp. He obviously never saw this coming. He's incredibly distraught and he'll leave it at that.

http://twitter.com/#!/viclombardi

GEM
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Gem, if I didn't already have a daughter, I would steal you and make you mine . . . :hug:

-----

I have a feeling, I would be in trouble a lot. :laugh:

"Now GEM, watch your mouth, that isn't polite for a lady to speak that way!"

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Michael Silver @MikeSilver

I plan to write a Yahoo! column this week that does justice to the original @BQ9 interview. But trust me--he is not bitter toward Tebow

http://twitter.com/#!/mikesilver

MOtorboat
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Silver is a slimeball.

MOtorboat
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
For what its worth. Hoge never received any sort of promotion to "feature analyst" because of his Tebow comments. He has remained in the same position he's had the entire time, as host of NFL Matchup, along with Jaworski.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM

What Silver really meant to say was:

I plan to write a Yahoo! column this week that does justice to the original @BQ9 interview (that states EXACTLY what Brady said - not how I twisted it around)

Simple Jaded
02-21-2012, 11:48 PM
It could be just me but l find it impossible to believe that Quinn isn't saying what a lot of other Broncos are thinking.

As for his motives, Quinn is another victim of Hurricane Josh, he never had a chance in Denver. It had to be sickening to watch Tebow and Orton stink up Mile High in week 17 knowing that this pathetic display of NFL QBing was as bad/worse than the play that got him benched and booted in Cleveland.......

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2012, 11:53 PM
from article:

Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn was not pleased with how his comments were portrayed in a GQ article on Tebowmania that was released today.

"I regret the comments as they appeared in the article and I apologize if the comments that were in the article upset anyone," Quinn said today. "I think they were taken in the wrong tone. Had I known at the time the direction the article was going to go I would not have participated in the interview at all. The interview took place three months ago.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20012043

BroncoStud
02-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Be a man Brady Quinn, if you were misquoted, that is one thing, but you aren't saying that... You are saying that your comments were taken in a negative tone...

Most of what I read in that interview can only be taken one way, regardless of context. At least have the balls to stand by your feelings and words.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
FROM ARTICLE:

Silver is also trying to clear the air, saying on Twitter that "the people ripping @BQ9 4 his comments in GQ have it wrong. He was honest & not bitter at all. We talked for 50 minutes & he was respectful." (Silver's Twitter profile photo is him with Tim Tebow, which is kind of strange.)

Honestly? That makes Silver's reporting look all the more suspect. If he and Quinn talked for 50 minutes, that's pages upon pages of notes, hundreds of quotes to choose from. Only three made it into the GQ piece, and they're all unfavorable to Tebow (though not really all that bad). It makes the piece juicier, of course, and as a narrative gives it a standard trope: the stock character of the jealous understudy. If indeed Quinn was "not bitter at all," Silver did a hell of a job making him seem like he was.

Quinn calls it a "completely inaccurate portrayal," but doesn't claim he was misquoted (Silver has a higher-than-average track record of interview subjects claiming they were misquoted). No one disputes that Quinn says what Silver writes he did. But you don't need to be misquoted to be manipulated. Selective quoting—say, taking the only three negative quotes amid 50 minutes of praise for Tebow—is just as misleading, and debatably ethical.

full article - http://deadspin.com/5887258/brady-quinn-got-kind-of-screwed-on-his-tebow-comments

topscribe
02-22-2012, 07:08 PM
FROM ARTICLE:

full article - http://deadspin.com/5887258/brady-quinn-got-kind-of-screwed-on-his-tebow-comments

It surely presents a great opportunity for some people to jump all over Brady, though, doesn't it? :nod:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
It surely presents a great opportunity for some people to jump all over Brady, though, doesn't it? :nod:

-----

I actually found the deadspin article thru Vic on twitter - Vic is totally upset about this whole thing.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

Please read the last three paragraphs of this story. This is why the reporter was wrong. deadsp.in/x0YYeL

topscribe
02-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I actually found the deadspin article thru Vic on twitter - Vic is totally upset about this whole thing.

Oh yes, I was reading the tweets, and Vic was really giving it to Silver.

He didn't mince many words in his editoral comment on Channel 4 (http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/6769502-brady-quinn-tim-tebow-gq-article/), either . . .

-----

buffsroam
02-22-2012, 07:48 PM
If I was a FA QB or a potential draft pick, I would hate to go to The Broncos. You will become the most hated person in Denver. The old saying is the most popular QB in town is the back up. Denver is trying to change that.

We will be lucky to get a FA QB to come to Denver. If we do, he will not be any competition for Tebow. How can this team improve without competition?

dogfish
02-22-2012, 07:58 PM
We will be lucky to get a FA QB to come to Denver. If we do, he will not be any competition for Tebow. How can this team improve without competition?

we're doomed, doooooooooomed i tell ya!

topscribe
02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
If I was a FA QB or a potential draft pick, I would hate to go to The Broncos. You will become the most hated person in Denver. The old saying is the most popular QB in town is the back up. Denver is trying to change that.

we're doomed, doooooooooomed i tell ya!

He has a point, I believe. There are two or three FAs out there of whom I
would love to see in Denver. But how many of them are going to want
anything to do with this circus?

-----

MOtorboat
02-22-2012, 08:10 PM

-----

It wouldn't surprise me at all if wide receivers don't want to go to Denver, too.

dogfish
02-22-2012, 08:13 PM

-----

if you mean guys like matt flynn, i'm sure they'll have as much interest in us as we will in them. . .

*shrugs*

you guys naturally aren't required to like it, but at some point you'll probably have to accept that tebow IS going to be the starter for the next year or two, and that we AREN'T bringing in somebody to be a serious contender to take the job away this off-season. . . denver has too many holes elsewhere to dedicate the required resources to finding another starting QB right now. . . tebow has earned the chance to play at least another year and see where his development goes. . .

maybe they'll draft a developmental QB in the middle rounds, but i think you guys are seriously wasting your time hoping for a first round QB or high-dollar free agent that's going to come in and be a serious threat to take tim's job this year. . . i think we're far likely to go after a mentor type as our backup QB, as teams frequently do when they're developing a young starter. . . JMO. . .

dogfish
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if wide receivers don't want to go to Denver, too.

does that mean we'll have our pick of running backs and offensive linemen?

fair trade. . .

topscribe
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM

It would seem to me that they view themselves as receivers who have to do
some blocking. What they seem in Denver are blockers who do some receiving.
They're going to look at 46.5% comp and 151 yds/game . . . not the easiest
way to the Pro Bowl . . or the Super Bowl, in my opinion, and possibly in theirs,
too.

-----

MOtorboat
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
does that mean we'll have our pick of running backs and offensive linemen?

fair trade. . .

Maybe.

But people shouldn't kid themselves about the top receivers this year.

dogfish
02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Maybe.

But people shouldn't kid themselves about the top receivers this year.

or top players at any other position, for that matter. . .

cool with me. . . they can sign somebody like devery henderson and i'm fine with it. . . i hope we sign a decent fullback, and a corner with some years left in the tank. . . dan connor or benjarvus green ellis would be my idea of impact signings, but we may well not aim that high. . .

MOtorboat
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
or top players at any other position, for that matter. . .

cool with me. . . they can sign somebody like devery henderson and i'm fine with it. . . i hope we sign a decent fullback, and a corner with some years left in the tank. . . dan connor or benjarvus green ellis would be my idea of impact signings, but we may well not aim that high. . .

Not necessarily, though I don't have my hopes up for high profile free agents. But the passing game is a circus and not very attractive for free agents.

topscribe
02-22-2012, 08:20 PM
if you mean guys like matt flynn, i'm sure they'll have as much interest in us as we will in them. . .

*shrugs*

you guys naturally aren't required to like it, but at some point you'll probably have to accept that tebow IS going to be the starter for the next year or two, and that we AREN'T bringing in somebody to be a serious contender to take the job away this off-season. . . denver has too many holes elsewhere to dedicate the required resources to finding another starting QB right now. . . tebow has earned the chance to play at least another year and see where his development goes. . .

maybe they'll draft a developmental QB in the middle rounds, but i think you guys are seriously wasting your time hoping for a first round QB or high-dollar free agent that's going to come in and be a serious threat to take tim's job this year. . . i think we're far likely to go after a mentor type as our backup QB, as teams frequently do when they're developing a young starter. . . JMO. . .

If it brings Flynn to Denver, that wouldn't hurt my feelings. And I'm not sure
he's going to command the price some think he will. I'm sure FOs around the
league are aware he has only one start under his belt.

But QB is where the process begins. Anyone who views the situation
objectively has to see that it is not a sure thing whether the Broncos have
a really good QB there yet. So I'm with Elway as he wastes his time saying
that he wants QBs who will compete for the job. I hope he means compete.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Before we get too amped up about a potential Tim Tebow-Brady Quinn throwdown, it's worth noting the two Broncos quarterbacks actually might like each other.

Quinn and Tebow dominated the news Tuesday after critical comments Quinn made about Tebow in a GQ magazine interview hit the Internet. Quinn later said he was misrepresented in the story.

Tyler Hansen was surprised to learn of the burgeoning controversy. After all, the former University of Colorado quarterback works out several times per week with Quinn and Tebow, who are helping him prepare for the Buffaloes' March 8 pro day.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8271ddd4/article/former-colorado-qb-says-tebow-quinn-get-along-well?module=HP11_headline_stack

BroncoStud
02-22-2012, 11:47 PM
It would seem to me that they view themselves as receivers who have to do
some blocking. What they seem in Denver are blockers who do some receiving.
They're going to look at 46.5% comp and 151 yds/game . . . not the easiest
way to the Pro Bowl . . or the Super Bowl, in my opinion, and possibly in theirs,
too.

-----

But for all his stats Tim Tebow took a 1-5 team and led them to a playoff victory. Denver was a lot closer to the Super Bowl than most teams in the NFL last year, including several with big name QBs on their roster.

In the end a lot of guys simply want to win. Hopefully that will bring in a few key additions this offseason. I hope Denver focuses on building the defense and running game some more. Depth is a necessity across the board.

MOtorboat
02-22-2012, 11:50 PM
But for all his stats Tim Tebow took a 1-5 team and led them to a playoff victory. Denver was a lot closer to the Super Bowl than most teams in the NFL last year, including several with big name QBs on their roster.

In the end a lot of guys simply want to win. Hopefully that will bring in a few key additions this offseason. I hope Denver focuses on building the defense and running game some more. Depth is a necessity across the board.

Personally, I think this makes the assumption that free agents are stupid.

And I disagree. I think they are fairly intelligent, especially their agents.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:00 AM

It also makes the assumption that Tebow was the hero of the season last
year. It is true he pulled a rabbit out of the proverbial hat a couple times,
but were it not for that defense making it possible for Tebow's offense,
which exceeded 20 points only four times in his 13 games, Tebow would
have been simply another losing QB, only accompanied by all his stats.

When one considers that the offense with 4 for 13 in 20 or more points in
those games and 4 for 5 before that, it becomes obvious that the real
heroes played for the defense.

It's no wonder why EFX aren't sold on whether they have a Franchise QB,
and why Elway implied he wouldn't be satisfied with a designated backup
at that position . . .

-----

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:23 AM
All I know is that when Tim Tebow becomes starter, Denver was sitting at 1-5 and Kyle Orton was pretty much horrible in every way, including leadership.

You want to give the defense all the credit? A unit that ranked 20th in total defense and got abused by many no-name RBs, feel free...

Last year was a total team effort unlike any I've seen in the NFL in a very long time. Prater was amazing, Tebow had his moments, the defense had great spurts, the running game played very well once Tebow took over, and our young WRs made just enough plays to keep defenses honest.

No matter how much you like Kyle Orton and dislike Tim Tebow (despite the fact you will claim that isn't the case) one FACT remains very crystal clear from 2011... Denver was absolutely dead in the water when Orton got benched and Tebow took over, and they then went on to win the division and win a playoff game.

The defense didn't suddenly get talented, the running game didn't suddenly find talent, and Tebow didn't have Brandon Lloyd to save him 4-5 times a game... Denver had actual LEADERSHIP for the first time in a very long time and it showed. It filtered down to every phase and aspect of the roster.

Since you're such a big Kyle Orton fan how is it SO easy for you to overlook just how bad Orton was in his first year as a starter?

Orton completed 50% of his passes - Tebow completed 46% of his passes

Orton threw 9 TDs - Tebow threw 12

Orton threw 13 Ints - Tebow only 6

Orton fumbled 6 times - Tebow 7 times

Orton rushed for 24 times for 44 yards for 0 TDs- Tebow rushed 124 times for 660 yards and 9 TDs

Orton had a 59 QBR - Tebow had a 72 QBR

The Bears didn't make the playoffs - The Broncos won a playoff game

So critical of Tebow yet always so defensive of Orton, but in the end through 1 season of starts Tebow pretty much blows Orton out of the water in performance... Not to mention the Broncos were 1-5 when Tebow became the starter and finished as Division Champs...

:laugh:

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
All I know is that when Tim Tebow becomes starter, Denver was sitting at 1-5 and Kyle Orton was pretty much horrible in every way, including leadership.

You want to give the defense all the credit? A unit that ranked 20th in total defense and got abused by many no-name RBs, feel free...

Last year was a total team effort unlike any I've seen in the NFL in a very long time. Prater was amazing, Tebow had his moments, the defense had great spurts, the running game played very well once Tebow took over, and our young WRs made just enough plays to keep defenses honest.

No matter how much you like Kyle Orton and dislike Tim Tebow (despite the fact you will claim that isn't the case) one FACT remains very crystal clear from 2011... Denver was absolutely dead in the water when Orton got benched and Tebow took over, and they then went on to win the division and win a playoff game.

The defense didn't suddenly get talented, the running game didn't suddenly find talent, and Tebow didn't have Brandon Lloyd to save him 4-5 times a game... Denver had actual LEADERSHIP for the first time in a very long time and it showed. It filtered down to every phase and aspect of the roster.

Since you're such a big Kyle Orton fan how is it SO easy for you to overlook just how bad Orton was in his first year as a starter?

Orton completed 50% of his passes - slightly better than Tebow

Orton threw 9 TDs - Tebow threw 12

Orton threw 13 Ints - Tebow only 6

Orton fumbled 6 times - Tebow 7 times

Orton rushed for 24 times for 44 yards for 0 TDs- Tebow rushed 124 times for 660 yards and 9 TDs

Orton had a 59 QBR - Tebow had a 72 QBR

The Bears didn't make the playoffs - The Broncos won a playoff game

So critical of Tebow yet always so defensive of Orton, but in the end through 1 season of starts Tebow pretty much blows Orton out of the water in performance... Not to mention the Broncos were 1-5 when Tebow became the starter and finished as Division Champs...

:laugh:

You can argue Orton all you want. I don't care if the QB was Barney Fife.

The fact is, the offense scored 20 or more points in 4 of the first 5 games
and went 1-4, then 20 or more points in 4 of the remainin 13 games and
went 8-5. Now, really, does that indicate that the improvment in the
record was because of a better offense? :laugh:

-----

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:32 AM
You can argue Orton all you want. I don't care if the QB was Barney Fife.

The fact is, the offense scored 20 or more points in 4 of the first 5 games
and went 1-4, then 20 or more points in 4 of the remainin 13 games and
went 8-5. Now, really, does that indicate that the improvment in the
record was because of a better offense? :laugh:

-----

And you don't think that having the #1 rushing attack in the NFL after Tebow became the starter didn't help out the #20 ranked defense in the NFL?
Or maybe having faith that if the game came down to the 4th quarter the QB might actually WIN the game for them? Last I checked the object of football was to score 1 more point than your opponent. That happened 8 times with Tebow, only 1 time with Orton.

Come on...

dogfish
02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
MO, i agree with you about the receivers. . .

but i absolutely think you're wrong IF you're implying some type of blanket statement about free agents across the board avoiding denver. . . not sure if you are, or not, just saying. . .

timmy tebow isn't the only guy that plays here, after all. . . having champ bailey (and even more significantly, possibly brian dawkins) in the secondary, along with a good pass rush/strong pair of OLBs, isn't a bad situation at all if you're a FA corner or MIKE. . . what we'll pay could be a different matter, but i definitely don't see defensive players not wanting to play here. . .

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I think playing for John Fox is probably attractive for free agents. He seems like a very laid back and fair coach to play for, and he did very good things with a makeshift roster last season.

dogfish
And you don't think that having the #1 rushing attack in the NFL after Tebow became the starter didn't help out the #20 ranked defense in the NFL?
Or maybe having faith that if the game came down to the 4th quarter the QB might actually WIN the game for them? Last I checked the object of football was to score 1 more point than your opponent. That happened 8 times with Tebow, only 1 time with Orton.

Come on...

or the fact that the offense played nearly turnover free during our best stretch of ball? and that we came back to earth when we started turning the ball over?

nah, no correlation to any of that stuff. . . ;)

topscribe
Amd you don't think that having the #1 rushing attack in the NFL after Tebow became the starter didn't help out the #20 ranked defense in the NFL?
Or maybe having faith that if the game came down to the 4th quarter the QB might actually WIN the game for them?

Come on...

Oh, so that's why the offense didn't score. They just laid back for 55
minutes because they had the faith the QB could win in the last 5. Gotcha.

"Let's have another round of Gatorade, boys. We're not up 'till 55:55." :lol:

-----

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I remember back-to-back weeks of Orton handing the game away with horrendous turnovers at critical times in the game...

Running, not turning the ball over, and an overall increase in confidence helped Denver come together as a team and make the amazing run...

Last year was a lot of fun to watch even if it was unconventional, maybe it was so much fun BECAUSE it was unconventional.

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh, so that's why the offense didn't score. They just laid back for 55
minutes because they had the faith the QB could win in the last 5. Gotcha.

"Let's have another round of Gatorade, boys. We're not up 'till 55:55." :lol:

-----

The offense chewed clock and kept the defense fresher, that is for certain. I think the lack of turnovers was probably more important to the winning streak than anything else. Orton was giving the ball away like it was Halloween candy until he finally got benched.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:41 AM
The fact of it is, they went 1-4 when the offense could score most of the time.

Then they went 8-5 when the offense could not score most of the time.

That hardly indicates heroism on the offensive side of the ball, to me, anyway . . .

-----

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:52 AM
The offense chewed clock and kept the defense fresher, that is for certain. I think the lack of turnovers was probably more important to the winning streak than anything else. Orton was giving the ball away like it was Halloween candy until he finally got benched.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Orton. I'm talking about the defense.

The fact is, had the defense not improved dramatically, we might have
been going into this next season with Brady Quinn as the starter. Because
the offense not only did not improve, it actually got worse.

-----

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:54 AM

That hardly indicates heroism on the offensive side of the ball, to me, anyway . . .

-----

1-4 when the offense could score most of the time...????

Week 1 against the Raiders, Orton loses Denver the game with a phantom fumble... How many times DID the offense score?

Prater hit 2 FGs and Orton threw a TD to Lance Ball, the offense scored 13 points. Eric Decker takes a punt back 90 yards. Denver scores 20 points, the offense scored 13. That's a serious shootout I tell ya!

Week 2 against the Benglas, Orton's best game, he is efficient and solid. Offense scores 24 points, 2 Orton throwing TDs, 1 McGahee rushing TD, and 1 Prater FG.

Week 3 against the Titans, Orton plays a bad game but manages 2 throwing TDs. Denver offense scores a whopping 14 points! Woohoo!

Week 4 against the Packers, Orton has 3 TDs and 3 INTs, and Prater hit a FG. Denver offense scores 24 but loses in blowout fashion. Green Bay has the ball 7 more minutes than Denver in TOP.

Week 5 against the Chargers, Cassius Vaughn returns an INT for a TD and Prater hits a FG. Orton is benched a halftime. The Denver offense scores 3 for Orton and 14 for Tebow.

So I am not sure where you are getting your numbers from, but let me help you out a bit here...

Denver offense under Orton through week 5 (1-4):

17.3 points per game and includes 9 Kyle Orton turnovers, and losing time of possession battle in all but 1 game (Bengals).

Nice try though. It kinda sucks when FACT gets in the way of all that opinion doesn't it... :coffee:

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:55 AM
1-4 when the offense could score most of the time...????

Week 1 against the Raiders, Orton loses Denver the game with a phantom fumble... How many times DID the offense score?

Prater hit 2 FGs and Orton threw a TD to Lance Ball, the offense scored 13 points. Eric Decker takes a punt back 90 yards. Denver scores 20 points, the offense scored 13. That's a serious shootout I tell ya!

Week 2 against the Benglas, Orton's best game, he is efficient and solid. Offense scores 24 points, 2 Orton throwing TDs, 1 McGahee rushing TD, and 1 Prater FG.

Week 3 against the Titans, Orton plays a bad game but manages 2 throwing TDs. Denver offense scores a whopping 14 points! Woohoo!

Week 4 against the Packers, Orton has 3 TDs and 3 INTs, and Prater hit a FG. Denver offense scores 24 but loses in blowout fashion. Green Bay has the ball 7 more minutes than Denver in TOP.

Week 5 against the Chargers, Cassius Vaughn returns an INT for a TD and Prater hits a FG. Orton is benched a halftime. The Denver offense scores 3 for Orton and 14 for Tebow.

So I am not sure where you are getting your numbers from, but let me help you out a bit here...

Denver offense under Orton through week 6 (1-5):

17.3 points per game and includes 9 Kyle Orton turnovers, and losing TOP in every single game.

Nice try though. :coffee:

There you go again. You've got this thing about Orton, don't you? :lol:

-----

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 01:02 AM
There you go again. You've got this thing about Orton, don't you? :lol:

-----

He is without a doubt my hero. I guess my point is that the change in system along with the lack of turnovers helped Denver win as much as anything else. :rockon:

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
If it brings Flynn to Denver, that wouldn't hurt my feelings. And I'm not sure
he's going to command the price some think he will. I'm sure FOs around the
league are aware he has only one start under his belt.

But QB is where the process begins. Anyone who views the situation
objectively has to see that it is not a sure thing whether the Broncos have
a really good QB there yet. So I'm with Elway as he wastes his time saying
that he wants QBs who will compete for the job. I hope he means compete.

-----flynn will be the consolation prize for the team that losses the manning bidding war. by comparison, flynn will come cheap, but he will most likely still be far too expensive for a team like the broncos !
the redskins and JETS will most likely up the $$$ for manning. either one of these teams will pursue FLYNN once manning is out of the picture! SHANNY has to have a ready made QB to make himself look smart. Shanny will end up with either manning or flynn.
luck
RGIII
Manning
flynn
these are the top QBs in this years market, and its unlikely the broncos will get ANY of them unless we pull off a daraft day trade for RGIII with the jags!

MOtorboat
02-23-2012, 08:20 AM
MO, i agree with you about the receivers. . .

but i absolutely think you're wrong IF you're implying some type of blanket statement about free agents across the board avoiding denver. . . not sure if you are, or not, just saying. . .

timmy tebow isn't the only guy that plays here, after all. . . having champ bailey (and even more significantly, possibly brian dawkins) in the secondary, along with a good pass rush/strong pair of OLBs, isn't a bad situation at all if you're a FA corner or MIKE. . . what we'll pay could be a different matter, but i definitely don't see defensive players not wanting to play here. . .

I was continuing to refer to top tier wide receiver free agents. Didn't someone in the FO say Hill would compete for a starting job last week?

I could see a few defensive free agents come in. That said, I don't think this front office is going to pursue any big money marquee names.

claymore
02-23-2012, 08:43 AM
I remember back-to-back weeks of Orton handing the game away with horrendous turnovers at critical times in the game...

Running, not turning the ball over, and an overall increase in confidence helped Denver come together as a team and make the amazing run...

Last year was a lot of fun to watch even if it was unconventional, maybe it was so much fun BECAUSE it was unconventional.

It was fun to watch the last 5 minutes of the game. THe first 55 minutes were absolutley brutal.

The miracle luck end to the majority of our wins was fun to watch though.

MOtorboat
02-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Because Orton was bad does not equal Tebow was good.

That's a non sequitor.

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:11 AM

That's a non sequitor.

latin for it does not follow

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:11 AM

That's a non sequitor.

just because its not an apple, that does not mean it is a pair.
and even if it was, you would still need TWO to make a pair.

that's a zam sequitor.

claymore
02-23-2012, 09:25 AM

-----

We averaged less points per game under Tebow than we did Orton. Both QB's are one dimensional guys.

We could have been 3-1 as easily as we were 1-4. The difference were a couple plays.

EVERYONE who likes Tebow should understand what one play in a game can do since 6 of Tebows wins came down to one lucky play at the end of the game.

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
"play me" Quinn is obviously just jealous

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:37 AM
We averaged less points per game under Tebow than we did Orton. Both QB's are one dimensional guys.

We could have been 3-1 as easily as we were 1-4. The difference were a couple plays.

EVERYONE who likes Tebow should understand what one play in a game can do since 6 of Tebows wins came down to one lucky play at the end of the game.
I think you are overlooking the obvious evidence that TEBOW is the Chosen one!
He doesnt need completions or stats or consistency,he aint no scrub but he's ridin shot-gun with the Holeys !
Wins are predetermined destiny !

claymore
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I think you are overlooking the obvious evidence that TEBOW is the Chosen one!
He doesnt need completions or stats or consistency,he aint no scrub but he's ridin shot-gun with the Holeys !
Wins are predetermined destiny !

Oh thats right. Even if it takes an onside kick, pick six, last second strip/fumble to win the game, thats normal and we can count on the team to repeat those highly improbable events every week.

I cant wait to see the 30 yard per completion average and onside kicks next year!

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Oh thats right. Even if it takes an onside kick, pick six, last second strip/fumble to win the game, thats normal and we can count on the team to repeat those highly improbable events every week.

I cant wait to see the 30 yard per completion average and onside kicks next year!what?
you think the "fans UPSTAIRS " are just gonna check out and say,
" sorry tim, your on your own this season" ?
heck no, he's their golden boy !
Miracles in prime time baby! lets try to remember the lord is competing with 4g in the hands of teen-agers.
God needs a headliner and TEBOW is it !
dont sweat the wins, we will get just as many as the lord wants us to have.

claymore
02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
what?
you think the "fans UPSTAIRS " are just gonna check out and say,
" sorry tim, your on your own this season" ?
heck no, he's their golden boy !
Miracles in prime time baby! lets try to remember the lord is competing with 4g in the hands of teen-agers.
God needs a headliner and TEBOW is it !
dont sweat the wins, we will get just as many as the lord wants us to have.

I dont think we can win with Tebow unless God is involved. If God is involved, Im all for it.

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Well, I was completely satisfied with the QB situation before Bowlen lost his mind and fired Shanahan and hired McDumbass. Cutler was set to be the QB for the next 10 or so years.

So this entire debate goes back to one simple decision by Pat Bowlen.

MOtorboat
02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Well, I was completely satisfied with the QB situation before Bowlen lost his mind and fired Shanahan and hired McDumbass. Cutler was set to be the QB for the next 10 or so years.

I can take it back to a dropped interception.

claymore
02-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Yeah, that rocked my world too. Probably the dumbest thing Bowlen has ever done. I would think he learned from the first time he had to make the decision Elway/Reeves.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
just because hiring JMCD was a huge mistake, that does not make the shanahan dismissal long overdue.
shanny is little more than a figure-head.
JMCD is just an F-head, go figure.

Lancane
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Amen to that...

Will go down as one of, if not the stupidest trade in franchise history in my honest opinion.

But this is also what confuses me about you BS, obviously you know what's required of a good quarterback at the next level and you support Tebow so painstankingly and yet he lacks some mechanical qualities that are essential to the position? I just don't get it...I really don't. I truly believe that his quality as a humanitarian and role model has blinded so many to the most mundane and simple facts...and it's infuriating.

I'm starting to get to the point to where (despite his character and few good qualities) that I hope Denver pulls a rabbit out of their *** and drafts Ryan Tannehill with the 25th overall pick and in doing so forces people to look at the cold hard facts of the situation.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah, that rocked my world too. Probably the dumbest thing Bowlen has ever done. I would think he learned from the first time he had to make the decision Elway/Reeves.CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

yuhateme80
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Y when athletes r honest people jump on them Brady apologized. But he did say he said a lot of good things bout Timmy but like any reporter only bad got published

claymore
Amen to that...

Will go down as one of, if not the stupidest trade in franchise history in my honest opinion.

But this is also what confuses me about you BS, obviously you know what's required of a good quarterback at the next level and you support Tebow so painstankingly and yet he lacks some essential mechanical qualities that are required? I just don't get it...I really don't. I truly believe that his quality as a humanitarian and role model has blinded so many to the most mundane and simple facts...and it's infuriating.

I'm starting to get to the point to where (despite his character and few good qualities) that I hope Denver pulls a rabbit out of their *** and drafts Ryan Tannehill with the 25th overall pick and in doing so forces people to look at the cold hard facts of the situation.

Great post. I am hopeful we find a way to trade him to Jacksonville for their 4th... I want out of the Tebow drama. I saw what I needed to see.

BroncoNut
CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

not necesarily. Who are you to say what will end a debate anyway?

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Great post. I am hopeful we find a way to trade him to Jacksonville for their 4th... I want out of the Tebow drama. I saw what I needed to see.

I would not be greatly disappointed. at all really

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Amen to that...

But this is also what confuses me about you BS, obviously you know what's required of a good quarterback at the next level and you support Tebow so painstankingly and yet he lacks some essential mechanical qualities that are required? I just don't get it...I really don't. I truly believe that his quality as a humanitarian and role model has blinded so many to the most mundane and simple facts...and it's infuriating.

I'm starting to get to the point to where (despite his character and few good qualities) that I hope Denver pulls a rabbit out of their *** and drafts Ryan Tannehill with the 25th overall pick and in doing so forces people to look at the cold hard facts of the situation.they sent tim out to fail last year, but he flipped the script!
Now they will do ,as was done with PLUMMER, since you mention cutler...
they will FORCE TT to operate from the pocket.
and unless there is a divine metamorphosis, he will inevitably FAIL.
... and the broncos better have 2 dudes capable of leading this team to victories.
a mentoring, capable vet.
a shadowboxing sparing partner,up and comer.

claymore
02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

There is only one Elway. That wasnt the point I was trying to make.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Great post. I am hopeful we find a way to trade him to Jacksonville for their 4th... I want out of the Tebow drama. I saw what I needed to see.on this we agree 100%
let florida have their golden child !
we can do without the distractions , we need to re-build a football franchise to greatness.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:32 AM
isnt the JAX pick at #7 ?

turftoad
02-23-2012, 10:33 AM
CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

And..... Tebow is no Cutler.

Lancane
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

This is true Chef, but there will never be another Elway (for Denver), Manning is no Unitas or vice versa. Most Broncos' fans didn't care about that, what we wanted was our own franchise quarterback that with the right team could be a continuous contender. I'd be happy with a top shelf quarterback even if he wasn't exactly great...like Roethlisberger, Flacco or Ryan. And we at least had that in Cutler, now we have Vince Young with a good attitude and far worse passing mechanics...oh, and a lot more media drama!

topscribe
02-23-2012, 10:41 AM
CUTLER is no ELWAY
so that ends the debate.

And McDaniels is no Reeves. I think Clay was referring to that dumb decision . . .

-----

claymore
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
And McDaniels is no Reeves. I think Clay was referring to that dumb decision . . .

-----

There will never be a coach like Mcd. Worst HC in the history of anything. What a doosh.

Lancane
02-23-2012, 10:49 AM
There will never be a coach like Mcd. Worst HC in the history of anything. What a doosh.

Bad thing is Clay is that his decisions are still hurting this franchise even with him out of the picture.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM

I may forgive and forget most of his stupidity over time.

But the incidents involving Cutler and Marshall burn deep. Very deep. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/zx11pissed.gif

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
I may forgive and forget most of his stupidity over time.

But the incidents involving Cutler and Marshall burn deep. Very deep. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/zx11pissed.gif

-----

I was most suspsect of the Cutler thing. they hate him in Chicago though. but I was also putting my trust into the young new coach. I had to. I had to. I still believe it was time for Shanny to go.

MOtorboat
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM

I love that man.

claymore
02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
I love that man.

You shut that pretty mouf of yours!

topscribe
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
I was most suspsect of the Cutler thing. they hate him in Chicago though. but I was also putting my trust into the young new coach. I had to. I had to. I still believe it was time for Shanny to go.

Phaw! You know, they hated Plummer here -- some still do. So what did he do?
Oh, just be the only QB since Elway -- and still the only one -- to lead the
Broncos to the playoffs three straight years.

Cutler led the Bears to the conference championship game. And some of the
fans hate him.

And that's what I hate about fans . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Well, my good friend, Michael “The Machete” Silver, is at it again. For the third time this year, the highly esteemed national NFL writer from Yahoo! Sports has eviscerated Tim Tebow.

This time, Silver set out to destroy Tebow in the pages of GQ. Somewhere between cologne and tight fitting pants, America needed a year in review about Tebow

Now remember, this is the same national writer who brought you such classics as “Tebow is the fourth-string QB” and “the Lions defense thinks Tebow is a joke.” Now, Silver wraps up his Tebow bashing trilogy with a GQ article titled “The Year of Magical Stinking: An Oral History of Tebow Time.” (Yes, that is the actual title.)

rest, and worth reading - http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=8882

MOtorboat
02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
You shut that pretty mouf of yours!

If Champ intercepts Roethlisberger's first quarter duck, Denver wins the Super Bowl and that douche Cutler is never drafted.

capt. Jack
02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
That guy is lame. :-)

turftoad
02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
I think I have a good idea on how Jax can fill the stadium. :listen:

"Presently, the Jaguars put tarps over almost 10,000 seats at EverBank Field and say the official capacity is about 67,000. Without the tarps, the capacity is nearly 77,000. And for major events like the annual Georgia-Florida game, EverBank Field uses additional bleachers and seats 84,000. The Jaguars have a long way to go before they’re drawing the kinds of crowds that Georgia and Florida draw, but Khan says that’s the goal".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/shad-khan-views-tarps-in-jacksonville-as-a-sign-of-failure/

Dreadnought
02-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Agreed. The best of all solutions is go back in time and unscrew that terrible error. On planet Earth, though, Tebow is now the future, come what may. I am pretty optimistic about that situation, now we have a real live coaching staff and front office on board.

NightTerror218
02-23-2012, 02:16 PM
aww poor BQ, someone one sad he rode pine behind TT?

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM

Amen to that...

But this is also what confuses me about you BS, obviously you know what's required of a good quarterback at the next level and you support Tebow so painstankingly and yet he lacks some mechanical qualities that are essential to the position? I just don't get it...I really don't. I truly believe that his quality as a humanitarian and role model has blinded so many to the most mundane and simple facts...and it's infuriating.

Tannehill would be another project. I don't support Tebow unflappably. He has a LONG way to go before he's a keeper, but I believe athletes like him will work as hard as necessary to improve and be "the guy"...

My stance is simple, Tebow has 2012 to prove he can be a legit QB. He already has qualities you simply cannot learn or coach.

But in the end I like Tebow because he ended the Orton Era in Denver.

Lancane
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Tannehill would be another project. I don't support Tebow unflappably. He has a LONG way to go before he's a keeper, but I believe athletes like him will work as hard as necessary to improve and be "the guy"...

My stance is simple, Tebow has 2012 to prove he can be a legit QB. He already has qualities you simply cannot learn or coach.

But in the end I like Tebow because he ended the Orton Era in Denver.

Is Tannehill really a project or just a better version of Tim Tebow? The two remind me of one another in a lot of ways...the biggest difference is that Tannehill has without question better passing mechanics. And anyone who watches the two on film and grades them through a unbiased breakdown that Tannehill is the better overall quarterback while Tebow edges Tannehill with his legs, Tebow falls far short regarding passing and I'd say that the arm is far more important at the next level. I'd rather we drafted either Foles, Osweiler or Coleman, but at least if we took Tannehill people would realize that maybe, just maybe that Tebow is not the answer and being that we had to take Tannehill early in the draft it would at least divide up some of the zealous like following Tebow has received within the fan base.

Can you seriously tell me BS that Tebow huge following has nothing to due with his character rather then his football ability? There is a reason that 'Nice guys finish last', as the saying goes...that's because it's not about character compared to talent - the league has long been talent driven. What Tebow has that can not be coached others do have, maybe not at the same level of Tim, but then they also have the mechanics to succeed and that's where I see Tebow falling short. You claim to believe, that an athlete like him will strive to improve, but I don't have such faith and personally have seen kids much like him fail far more often then succeed.

So you're saying that you support Tebow more because he ended Orton's career in Denver rather then because he was the right choice for the quarterback position? I've got another question then...what do you think about the chances that because of the faith in Tebow shown by his following and now the front office that the current regime and organization itself might be set back years? I know you might not see it, but let's say we go into 2012 with Tebow/Delhomme/Weber as our quarterbacks, and the whole thing flops as I suspect it will. The current regime under Coach Fox might not have the time frame to fix it, nor the ability depending on where we fall...so then we get another regime and have to rebuild again? And none of us want that - or at least I hope not.

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Lan,

I've seen Tannehill play in person twice and a lot on TV, he just isn't very good. Blaine Gabbert part 2. He completely falls apart in the 2nd half of games when the pressure is on and he is nowhere near ready to start a game in the NFL.

His mechanics may be better but that's where the comparison ends abruptly. Tebow is the better runner, leader, under pressure, and actually has starting NFL experience already, which gives him a huge advantage, plus he is already drafted and won't require a 1st round draft pick this season which could be used to build the defense more.

If we draft Ryan Tannehill I will throw up in my mouth. But in the end I know John Elway is much smarter than that. Tebow has proven he can lead an offense with limited knowledge of how to play NFL QB, I can imagine that with a full offseason and a working understanding of the playbook he can do really good things.

Ryan Tannehill just isn't a very good QB, some team is going to absolutely waste a draft pick on this guy much like the Jaguars did with Gabbert.

Npba900
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Quinn is hard to take seriously when he begins with "I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just ’cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice." Is that about Tebows play, or Quinns ambition? ;)

That said, I actually agree with his comment that, "If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?" Of course, Warner said much the same far better, and was probably more objective since he wasn't bitter over Tebow stealing "his" job. The "when I get that opportunity" line is very telling; anyone asked Jake the Snake what he thinks of Cutlers play? :tongue:

Just the opinion of one guy (who started a thread a month into the season to say we should replace Orton with Quinn and keep Tebow as far from the field as possible.)

I believe that Tebow was best suited to run the Read Option last season. However, Quinn would have been a much choice as the passing QB playing from within the pocket and from behind center.

BroncoWave
02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
I bet ESPN popped a massive boner when this story broke. Gave them more Tebow stuff to talk about during the offseason.

broncobryce
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I bet ESPN popped a massive boner when this story broke. Gave them more Tebow stuff to talk about during the offseason.

Plus they've got Jeremy Lin for the next few months

Lancane
02-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Lan,

I've seen Tannehill play in person twice and a lot on TV, he just isn't very good. Blaine Gabbert part 2. He completely falls apart in the 2nd half of games when the pressure is on and he is nowhere near ready to start a game in the NFL.

His mechanics may be better but that's where the comparison ends abruptly. Tebow is the better runner, leader, under pressure, and actually has starting NFL experience already, which gives him a huge advantage, plus he is already drafted and won't require a 1st round draft pick this season which could be used to build the defense more.

If we draft Ryan Tannehill I will throw up in my mouth. But in the end I know John Elway is much smarter than that. Tebow has proven he can lead an offense with limited knowledge of how to play NFL QB, I can imagine that with a full offseason and a working understanding of the playbook he can do really good things.

Ryan Tannehill just isn't a very good QB, some team is going to absolutely waste a draft pick on this guy much like the Jaguars did with Gabbert.

Where did I say that Tannehill is a pro-ready? He might be Blaine Gabbert part deux, but then again I like Blaine Gabbert and think he could be a solid quarterback with quality coaching. I'd trade Tebow for Gabbert in a second because Gabbert has solid understanding of the fundamentals and at least a good grasp of the basic mechanics.

I already said Tebow had better legs, and I'll admit he is a better leader and more clutch. But his NFL experience means squat if he continues to digress. And it's not a wasted draft pick if it improves the team, simply because McDaniels wasted a good number of picks to get back into the first and draft him doesn't mean he should be safe or that the team should not consider it.

Sort of moot, the point wasn't about Tannehill versus Tebow and so on, I'm simply tired of the Tebow Circus and get more tired of it by the day.

Northman
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Lan,

I would have to agree with some of this from what i saw of him this year too. He might turn out well but call me skeptical, i just dont think he is THAT good.

UnderArmour
02-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Where did I say that Tannehill is a pro-ready? He might be Blaine Gabbert part deux, but then again I like Blaine Gabbert and think he could be a solid quarterback with quality coaching. I'd trade Tebow for Gabbert in a second because Gabbert has solid understanding of the fundamentals and at least a good grasp of the basic mechanics.

I already said Tebow had better legs, and I'll admit he is a better leader and more clutch. But his NFL experience means squat if he continues to digress. And it's not a wasted draft pick if it improves the team, simply because McDaniels wasted a good number of picks to get back into the first and draft him doesn't mean he should be safe or that the team should not consider it.

Sort of moot, the point wasn't about Tannehill versus Tebow and so on, I'm simply tired of the Tebow Circus and get more tired of it by the day.

So because you're tired of the Tebow circus those 8 wins mean nothing? Winning a playoff game by carving up one of the top passing defenses in the league means nothing because you're tired of the Tebow circus? Who gives a **** how much the media talks about Tebow? It doesn't matter. What matters is that the Denver Broncos have the best chance to win football games.

Watching this team under Plummer, Cutler, and Orton was painful at times because you knew that in the second half of games we were going to melt down. We'd get off to great starts at both the start of games and the start of seasons but in the second halves of both games and seasons we were toast. Tebow gets better as the game goes on and steps up when he absolutely has to. We know Tebow is clutch. We don't know about Gabbert, we have a pretty good idea that Tannehill isn't based on his consistent choking in the second halves. To suggest that we should trade Tebow for Gabbert or draft Tannehill after not only making the playoffs, but winning is laughable. And we should do this or something along those lines because you're tired of the Tebow Circus? Are you kidding me? You want to talk about letting bias get in the way of the reality then take a look in the mirror.

For the record, Delhomme was always an average at-best quarterback in Carolina. Jake Plummer ALWAYS outclassed him. What Delhomme had was an elite defense, an offensive line, a running game, a stud #1 receiver(Steve Smith), and a solid #2(Mohammed). In other words, the same thing we are trying to build here. The EXACT type of quarterback this team needs is what Tebow is:
-Someone who doesn't turn the football over.
-Someone who can make plays and get it done in short windows of opportunity late in games.
It's the EXACT way regardless of who we have back there because of the scheme. You saw it with Orton against Tennessee and Oakland, the defense gave him a chance to come back late in those games. He fell short. Turned the football over. We couldn't run, we couldn't chew up the clock, we threw interceptions, and we could not come back late in games.

So.. Gabbert? Tannehill? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I do not want to go back to Plummer. I do not want to go back to Orton. I don't want to go back to Brian Griese. We have a good player who showed he can step up. Get over it.

Lancane
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
So because you're tired of the Tebow circus those 8 wins mean nothing? Winning a playoff game by carving up one of the top passing defenses in the league means nothing because you're tired of the Tebow circus? Who gives a **** how much the media talks about Tebow? It doesn't matter. What matters is that the Denver Broncos have the best chance to win football games.

I'm tired of the Tebow Circus, this is true...I'm also tired of his zealous fanatics (and that's what it is fanaticism) getting their panties in a twist anytime someone question his ability or lack there of, because he does lack and that's a fact, period. I never discounted the eight wins, but I also saw enough to know that what he brings compared to true quarterback talent can backfire or did you forget the last four games of the season? But I guess he holds no responsibility for that, does he?

Winning football games is great, but only if it leads somewhere. I'd rather be a continual threat to win the division every year and the same with the playoffs, I don't see that happening right now...if he shows that this year, then great...if not, then the team has to figure out the answer.

Watching this team under Plummer, Cutler, and Orton was painful at times because you knew that in the second half of games we were going to melt down. We'd get off to great starts at both the start of games and the start of seasons but in the second halves of both games and seasons we were toast. Tebow gets better as the game goes on and steps up when he absolutely has to. We know Tebow is clutch. We don't know about Gabbert, we have a pretty good idea that Tannehill isn't based on his consistent choking in the second halves. To suggest that we should trade Tebow for Gabbert or draft Tannehill after not only making the playoffs, but winning is laughable. And we should do this or something along those lines because you're tired of the Tebow Circus? Are you kidding me? You want to talk about letting bias get in the way of the reality then take a look in the mirror.

Actually the only thing painful under Cutler was the lack of defense, you may think otherwise but like I give a damn. I disliked Plummer, but he was a hell of a lot better then some we've had through the years, granted his play at times was costly...but the mere fact that you want to rant about Tebow, who had the worst completion percentage for a starting quarterback, the worst overall quarterback ranking for a starting quarterback and blast two who've led teams to victory at this level and without a gimmicky offense that played to his skill set shows who's bias. Orton, at least we agree about Orton, but then again at least he could complete more then half of his passes despite not being a leader and lacking any drive.

For the record, Delhomme was always an average at-best quarterback in Carolina. Jake Plummer ALWAYS outclassed him. What Delhomme had was an elite defense, an offensive line, a running game, a stud #1 receiver(Steve Smith), and a solid #2(Mohammed). In other words, the same thing we are trying to build here. The EXACT type of quarterback this team needs is what Tebow is:
-Someone who doesn't turn the football over.
-Someone who can make plays and get it done in short windows of opportunity late in games.
It's the EXACT way regardless of who we have back there because of the scheme. You saw it with Orton against Tennessee and Oakland, the defense gave him a chance to come back late in those games. He fell short. Turned the football over. We couldn't run, we couldn't chew up the clock, we threw interceptions, and we could not come back late in games.

Bull****, Delhomme may not have been elite but he was a capable quarterback nonetheless, the mere fact that you've stated two untruths in your little rant proves how little you know. For example 'calling Carolina's defense elite'? It was never elite, above average but he only fielded two units that were top five, four in the top ten. And if you look at the stats, the only time they succeeded was when their offense was as solid and one of the better units in the league, 15th in 2003 the year that brought in Jake Delhomme and he led the offense to the 15th overall after being next to dead last in the league the year before, 8th in 2005 and 7th in 2008 and everyone of those years Delhomme threw for Pro-Bowl numbers.

So keep on the wagon Armour, I don't have to believe and it doesn't make a **** of difference if you like it or agree. I've admitted that I want him to prove me wrong, but his numbers got worse...not better. Since he's graduated he's worked with four different quarterback coaches and shown little progress, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement to believe.

So.. Gabbert? Tannehill? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I do not want to go back to Plummer. I do not want to go back to Orton. I don't want to go back to Brian Griese. We have a good player who showed he can step up. Get over it.

Gabbert and Tannehill both have more pro-ready arms and a good grip of the fundamental mechanics, whereas even with all the coaching and playing time we've seen that Tebow doesn't and is just as likely to shoot himself in the foot as Plummer or Orton. But to each his own...I hope your faith in him pays off for all of us. We have a good athlete who showed his ability outside the mechanics of a specific, and the most important position in the sport. And Elway and Fox want him to change, they want him to play from a pro-style offense and in the pocket...per their own words and he has to prove he can...till then, you get over it!

:coffee:

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM

*shrugs*

There aren't going to be any quarterback worth pursuing that we look to as seriously someone who would start over Tebow. I could see us taking a quarterback as early as the second round. If that happens then there's at least the potential for serious competition for Tebow anyone beyond the second wouldn't be.

My contention is if Denver does draft a quarterback it would be because he's the bpa.

Lancane
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
There aren't going to be any quarterback worth pursuing that we look to as seriously someone who would start over Tebow. I could see us taking a quarterback as early as the second round. If that happens then there's at least the potential for serious competition for Tebow anyone beyond the second wouldn't be.

My contention is if Denver does draft a quarterback it would be because he's he's the bpa.

That's how I see it playing out, more then likely a quarterback they've rated high who falls into their laps. We'll have a more definitive idea after the combine, not just with invites but also looking at how the rankings stack up. There are a handful of quarterbacks in this draft that could compete with Tebow, and he is still likely to be the starter, but at least the rookie would have development time and the real competition would be the following off-season.

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM

Imo a bit hypocritical to say that if a free agent comes to Denver he and his agent are stupid.

vandammage13
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
For what its worth. Hoge never received any sort of promotion to "feature analyst" because of his Tebow comments. He has remained in the same position he's had the entire time, as host of NFL Matchup, along with Jaworski.

But he was featured as a guest analyst on ESPN much more frequently after the Tebow remarks.

ESPN has tons of guys to choose from to feature on their flagship program (Sportcenter), so there's no doubt that Hoge got more airtime because of his remarks.

While I like NFL Matchup because of the great insight it brings, its not exactly in a relevant timeslot as it comes on around 8:30 or 9:00 Sunday mornings...Hoge had been pretty much invisible at ESPN the last couple of years outside of early Sunday mornings when most people are either still sleeping off Saturday night or getting ready for church.

vandammage13
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't know why you keep bringing up Orton. I'm talking about the defense.

The fact is, had the defense not improved dramatically, we might have
been going into this next season with Brady Quinn as the starter. Because
the offense not only did not improve, it actually got worse.

-----

He's bringing up Orton because his performance directly corelates with the D's effectiveness.

Orton's TO's had a lot to do with putting the D in bad positions.

Tebow's ability to protect the football (during the streak) and the enhanced rushing game that came with him as QB helped the defense be able to have good field position.

If you'll notice, when Tebow started turning the ball over the last couple games of the regular season that the D wasn't nearly as effective...

The defense improved overall, but the fact that they weren't put in as many bad situations from a field position perspective with Tebow as they were with Orton had a lot to do with their success.

BroncoStud
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Bingo Vand, and I didn't think this concept would be so easily lost on such a tenured Broncos fan like that...

Having the #1 rushing game in the NFL sure was helpful to a defense that was used to no rushing support and Orton's critical turnovers.

UnderArmour
02-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm tired of the Tebow Circus, this is true...I'm also tired of his zealous fanatics (and that's what it is fanaticism) getting their panties in a twist anytime someone question his ability or lack there of, because he does lack and that's a fact, period. I never discounted the eight wins, but I also saw enough to know that what he brings compared to true quarterback talent can backfire or did you forget the last four games of the season? But I guess he holds no responsibility for that, does he?
Yes, I actually did forget the last four games of the season. In my opinion, winning a playoff game in the fashion that he did against the defense that he did erases those games. I feel that he deserves to be given the same benefit of the doubt that you apparently seem to give Gabbert, who looked like garbage during much of this season. Tebow is still raking up starts.

Winning football games is great, but only if it leads somewhere. I'd rather be a continual threat to win the division every year and the same with the playoffs, I don't see that happening right now...if he shows that this year, then great...if not, then the team has to figure out the answer.
Winning football games -IS- what leads you to be that continual threat. Winning football games IS what you need to get to a championship. Derp. Tebow can win football games, he showed that.

Actually the only thing painful under Cutler was the lack of defense, you may think otherwise but like I give a damn. I disliked Plummer, but he was a hell of a lot better then some we've had through the years, granted his play at times was costly...but the mere fact that you want to rant about Tebow, who had the worst completion percentage for a starting quarterback, the worst overall quarterback ranking for a starting quarterback and blast two who've led teams to victory at this level and without a gimmicky offense that played to his skill set shows who's bias. Orton, at least we agree about Orton, but then again at least he could complete more then half of his passes despite not being a leader and lacking any drive.
The reason I mentioned Cutler is because we never made the playoffs under him. We lost late in the season. We lost to inferior teams like Buffalo and San Fransisco to get knocked out of the playoffs. While Tebow did the same thing, this time we were that inferior team but we got in anyway after starting 1-4.

Bull****, Delhomme may not have been elite but he was a capable quarterback nonetheless, the mere fact that you've stated two untruths in your little rant proves how little you know. For example 'calling Carolina's defense elite'? It was never elite, above average but he only fielded two units that were top five, four in the top ten. And if you look at the stats, the only time they succeeded was when their offense was as solid and one of the better units in the league, 15th in 2003 the year that brought in Jake Delhomme and he led the offense to the 15th overall after being next to dead last in the league the year before, 8th in 2005 and 7th in 2008 and everyone of those years Delhomme threw for Pro-Bowl numbers.
Yeah sure... A capable quarterback who was prone to throwing 5 interceptions any Sunday. Delhomme was what we call a hand-off quarterback. The exact play calling people complained about last year was Fox's bread and butter in Carolina: run, run, run, deep to #1 receiver, give the defense a chance. And when I say Carolina's defense was elite, I'm referring to their good years. NFC South back then had a different team win every year with Michael Vick rising and falling and of course Gruden's Tampa teams.

So keep on the wagon Armour, I don't have to believe and it doesn't make a **** of difference if you like it or agree. I've admitted that I want him to prove me wrong, but his numbers got worse...not better. Since he's graduated he's worked with four different quarterback coaches and shown little progress, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement to believe.

Gabbert and Tannehill both have more pro-ready arms and a good grip of the fundamental mechanics, whereas even with all the coaching and playing time we've seen that Tebow doesn't and is just as likely to shoot himself in the foot as Plummer or Orton. But to each his own...I hope your faith in him pays off for all of us. We have a good athlete who showed his ability outside the mechanics of a specific, and the most important position in the sport. And Elway and Fox want him to change, they want him to play from a pro-style offense and in the pocket...per their own words and he has to prove he can...till then, you get over it!

:coffee:
Tebow doesn't shoot himself in the foot when the game is on the line. Tannehill and Orton do. Jury is out on Gabbert but I was not too impressed with him. Maybe getting him a legitimate receiver will help because overthrowing Mercedes Lewis won't make for a very long career. Plummer and Delhomme were virtually the same player. I'll keep taking Tebow's 4th quarter and shitty first 3 quarters as long as we win games. Winning is all that matters and Tebow's play last year with the chips on the table was off the hook. We'll be just fine putting all the chips on Tebow.

Lancane
02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Yes, I actually did forget the last four games of the season. In my opinion, winning a playoff game in the fashion that he did against the defense that he did erases those games. I feel that he deserves to be given the same benefit of the doubt that you apparently seem to give Gabbert, who looked like garbage during much of this season. Tebow is still raking up starts.

The problem Armour is I can't help feel that it was a fluke. Not to take away from the effort of Tebow and Thomas, that game was his best performance since the game in Houston in 2009. The problem is that the safeties were playing off, far more worried about the run and the defensive coordinator never adjusted correctly. It was an impressive victory and one that made NFL history, but a week later the Broncos got dominated by a defense that has struggled more then most this season. But let's backtrack, why couldn't he do the same against Oakland, Miami and Kansas City? He lacks consistency and a lot of times his throws are inaccurate. Tebow has everything you want in a franchise quarterback, the leadership, drive, charisma, mobility and so on, but he lacks the most basic need, the fundamental mechanics. I know some feel that can be coached, but that's not always the case...if it was, we'd have far fewer busts.

Winning football games -IS- what leads you to be that continual threat. Winning football games IS what you need to get to a championship. Derp. Tebow can win football games, he showed that.

That depends, 8-8 seasons are not considered losing, but not considered winning either. Yes, Tebow's immaculate drive and leadership, there is not a better term I can think of, did in fact help lead to wins. We also lost important games under him as well, and especially against playoff bound caliber teams - we had a chance to put away the division and went on a losing binge. He had horrible passing stats almost all season against even teams that were considered somewhat mediocre...he struggled. Now I admit that winning and continuously makes you a threat every season, but give some credit to the gimmicky offense we ran that did play a big factor in some of those contests.

How many really believe he can continue to play at the level he is at and win continuously? Not even Elway, who has said that Tim needs work and that they want him to be a more pro-style quarterback, to be able to win from the pocket. Despite Elway's ringing endorsement, let's remember he did say 'hope' to the press as well.

The reason I mentioned Cutler is because we never made the playoffs under him. We lost late in the season. We lost to inferior teams like Buffalo and San Fransisco to get knocked out of the playoffs. While Tebow did the same thing, this time we were that inferior team but we got in anyway after starting 1-4.

We never made the playoffs under Cutler who along with Brandon Marshall pretty much carried this team themselves to .500 records, with no defense worthy of note, so there is a difference...Cutler can shoulder a team, Tebow needs to prove he can and not with his legs but with his arm.

Yeah sure... A capable quarterback who was prone to throwing 5 interceptions any Sunday. Delhomme was what we call a hand-off quarterback. The exact play calling people complained about last year was Fox's bread and butter in Carolina: run, run, run, deep to #1 receiver, give the defense a chance. And when I say Carolina's defense was elite, I'm referring to their good years. NFC South back then had a different team win every year with Michael Vick rising and falling and of course Gruden's Tampa teams.

A capable quarterback can be a difference maker on a team with an elite defense, but most 'Bend don't Break' and 'Attacking' defenses, much like our own can not do it alone, they need a capable and high powered offense as the counterbalance for their shortcomings. I don't know if most fans realize but Denver has never had an elite defense, ever...not even the Orange Crush who was a terrific defense and probably the best 'Bend don't Break' defenses in league history, they gave up more yards then almost any team between the 20's, come the red zone teams were hard pressed to score against them, they'd shut them down. And that is how Fox won in Carolina, his defenses would give a little and then stuff em', give a little and stuff em', just enough that his offense could run and pass at will, even wear them down. He's always had good rushing offenses, but he needed the passing game to win. We need to be able to win from the air as much as with the ground game and defense, we have to become balanced. Even Baltimore, one of the Best Defense needed a franchise capable quarterback capable to win from the pocket to win more consistently.

Tebow doesn't shoot himself in the foot when the game is on the line.

Tebow has clutch ability, no one is arguing that, what he lacks is the sharpened mechanics and overall accuracy to do so through the air and that does mean he's shoots himself in the foot. One dimensional quarterback, particularly one dimensional mobile quarterbacks fail at this level more often then not because once a defense shuts down your strengths, then you have no choice but to beat them with your weaker abilities. Tebow needs to surpass his weakness and improve, I truly hope he can...but I need to see it.

Tannehill and Orton do. Jury is out on Gabbert but I was not too impressed with him. Maybe getting him a legitimate receiver will help because overthrowing Mercedes Lewis won't make for a very long career. Plummer and Delhomme were virtually the same player. I'll keep taking Tebow's 4th quarter and shitty first 3 quarters as long as we win games. Winning is all that matters and Tebow's play last year with the chips on the table was off the hook. We'll be just fine putting all the chips on Tebow.

Tannehill has the mechanics and physical tools to succeed, it's more of a coaching issue to help him surpass his issues outside those two areas, a lot of what's being said about Tannehill is what was said about Tom Brady, look how that turned out. Not saying he is the next Brady, just that we should judge these kids in accordance to the coaching they've received. Gabbert has all the tools, but he had some questionable coaches and lacked weapons, he'll be solid if he gets those two things, and I think Mularkey agrees.

And again, winning only matters if it leads somewhere, he's not going to be able to beat the teams that are worth a damn if he can not play the position as needed in order to do just that. Elway and Fox have both stated that they're going to go with a more pro-style offense, and Tebows going to have to conform if they are to win more then lose.

MOtorboat
02-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Imo a bit hypocritical to say that if a free agent comes to Denver he and his agent are stupid.

I clarified later, but I was continuing to talk about wide receivers in free agency. The argument was that winning only matters and that will attract free agents. But free agents, especially Vincent Jackson, are less likely to choose a team where his numbers, and chances of another contract at the end of the one he's about to sign, obviously matter to him, and he's most likely not going to get those numbers in Denver.

So, no, I don't think it was a hypocritical comment at all. It needed a little clarification, yes.

Simple Jaded
02-25-2012, 11:35 PM
If Champ intercepts Roethlisberger's first quarter duck, Denver wins the Super Bowl and that douche Cutler is never drafted.

And that would be just fine with me, considering where this franchise is now.......