PDA

View Full Version : Girl With Debilitating Disorder Gets Birthday Surprise From Tim Tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
PARKER, Colo. (CBS4) – A little girl from Parker with a debilitating disorder got a birthday surprise of a lifetime. She flew to California for a fabulous weekend and her date was Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

Presli Collins’ mother says it was divine intervention. It was actually set up by Wish 15 and the Tim Tebow Foundation. The third-grader is turning 10 years old on Tuesday. Her early birthday present was to be a princess for a day with a true Prince Charming.

Presli is a typical kid. She loves to be carried around, but this weekend she was shocked to be carried away and whisked off to Los Angeles for a big awards show.

rest & video on link - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/girl-with-debilitating-disorder-gets-birthday-surprise-from-tim-tebow/

MOtorboat
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
He is an amazing person.

Army Bronco
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Why do people want him to fail? Well, I hope those types get crotch boils.

MOtorboat
02-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Why do people want him to fail. Well, I hope those types get crotch boils.

Cite specific examples.

Lancane
02-20-2012, 10:38 PM

No one wants him to fail, some of us are just sick and tired of the Sainthood treatment he gets regarding his ability or lack thereof to play a specific position in the sport of football and because of his astounding character that, that fact should be overlooked. He's a terrific person and I respect him as a fellow man and human being. That said, those of us that are his detractors would like nothing more then for him to prove us wrong, but thus far he has not and it's not about him regarding that issue, it's about a sport.

Army Bronco
02-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Im not talking about anyone in this forum or any thing. I just run into everyday people that hate him from his days in college. I don't care what he did before, I don't care about his religious talk, I just care bout him playing good ball. Now when I hear how good of a person he is it bothers me how some people want him to fail just cause they don't like him. And seriously, people shouldn't take that to heart if they do hate him. As long as no one questions my parenting or my courage, I can take bad wishes all day.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Cite specific examples.

Just go check out national MB's (ESPN.com/NFL.com) that are not just pro Broncos...There are ton's of people out there that would like to see nothing more than for him to fail.

Of course, Tebow probably still has twice as many supporters as he does haters...

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 09:28 AM
I defer to my signature.

BroncoStud
02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
A weekend that little girl will never forget... Pretty cool stuff.

Northman
02-21-2012, 12:21 PM
He is an amazing person.

My thoughts exactly.

Not the greatest of QB's but as a person ive never seen anything quite like it. He's the one guy i see who backs up everything he talks about.

rjent
02-21-2012, 12:32 PM
He lifted this team to an AFC West Championship, and a win in the WC. Haven't seen that in a while, oh yeah, he also does stuff like this.

What is there not to like :lol:

weazel
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM

nobody wants him to fail, some just get tired of the constant nu-hugging, thats all.

The guy really does seem to be a class act though, and in professional sports, theres not many like that.

Lancane
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
He lifted this team to an AFC West Championship, and a win in the WC. Haven't seen that in a while, oh yeah, he also does stuff like this.

Yeah, the mere fact we had the DROY and Pro-Bowl running back Willis McGahee had nothing to do with it. This is exactly what I mean, we go from talking about his merits outside the realm of football and his zealous followers want to make it more, much, much more.

So on that note, all I have to say is he's a quality human being and in that aspect the closest thing to a saint I've seen in this day and age...regarding football, he still had the worst completion percentage and worst overall rating of all starting quarterbacks in the league.

And in the words of Tim himself, Deal With It and God Bless!

BroncoStud
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Willis McGahee a Pro Bowler lol...

Seems like he either fumbled or got hurt at the most vital juncture of every game we played this season...

turftoad
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Willis McGahee a Pro Bowler lol...

Seems like he either fumbled or got hurt at the most vital juncture of every game we played this season...

:tsk:

Chef Zambini
02-22-2012, 11:48 AM

his completion %
his lack of accuracy.
His decision making.
his lack of poise.
his haircut, should have stayed with the friar tuck look.

you see there is lots to dislike about double T,
all having nothing to do with his character,
which is nothing short of admirable.

...but ghandi could not hit a back shoulder fade either, and thank buddhah, he never wore a bronco uniform.

Mike
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Tebow is just doing this to be seen. The guy is a publicity hound. What would Jesus say about this kind of stuff? Doesn't he know that he should just close himself off from the world?

Dapper Dan
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Left for a few days..
..seems I haven't missed anything.

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
this is getting a bit phoney

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Just go check out national MB's (ESPN.com/NFL.com) that are not just pro Broncos...There are ton's of people out there that would like to see nothing more than for him to fail.Of course, Tebow probably still has twice as many supporters as he does haters...

yes, and they are followers of Satan

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Tebow is just doing this to be seen. The guy is a publicity hound. What would Jesus say about this kind of stuff? Doesn't he know that he should just close himself off from the world?

Did Jesus say to close off from the world?

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Not the greatest of QB's but as a person ive never seen anything quite like it. He's the one guy i see who backs up everything he talks about.

and makes damn good and sure that the whole world sees. I hate him

Mike
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Did Jesus say to close off from the world?

I was being sarcastic...referencing bs from another thread.

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I was being sarcastic...referencing bs from another thread.

I was kinda hoping you'd have a verse actually.

TT15Superman
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
this is getting a bit phoneyThe fact that the media is hugging his nut with stories like this is not Tebow's fault. He does what he does regardless of the media spotlight. He was doing this BEFORE he became the starter, and I don't recall the media doing stories about each and every one. No? When was the first time you heard of Tebow bringing people to games?

But now that he represents the Broncos and is the face of the Broncos, it is good to hear and see. Nothing less than when the media did stories of Brian Griese's establishment of Judi's House.

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
The fact that the media is hugging his nut with stories like this is not Tebow's fault. He does what he does regardless of the media spotlight. He was doing this BEFORE he became the starter, and I don't recall the media doing stories about each and every one. No? When was the first time you heard of Tebow bringing people to games?

But now that he represents the Broncos and is the face of the Broncos, it is good to hear and see. Nothing less than when the media did stories of Brian Griese's establishment of Judi's House.

well, let me ask you this. why is it that he's always visiting a disabled person? why doesn't he stop in Baltimore and take North, Missy and me to a fukin game?

Superchop 7
02-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Outstanding.

skins_fan82
02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Hate 'em or love 'em, Timothy Dick Tebow is a class act. Nobody can take that from him.

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Hate 'em or love 'em, Timothy Dick Tebow is a class act. Nobody can take that from him.

oh yeah? a real class act huh?

claymore
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
I think he's just trying to get a tax free vacation.

skins_fan82
02-22-2012, 03:15 PM
oh yeah? a real class act huh?

When Jesus returns, he'll probably "Tebow" when he hits the ground. :elefant:

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Jesus? are you kidding me? He's still in the picture?

Lancane
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM

Or fall on Roseanne Barr for padding purposes! :lol:

Army Bronco
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
well, let me ask you this. why is it that he's always visiting a disabled person? why doesn't he stop in Baltimore and take North, Missy and me to a fukin game?

I wanna go. Tim just has to say the word with a week in advance and Ill submit a pass to go.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
class act

skins_fan82
02-22-2012, 09:09 PM
LOL @ Jesus.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Did Jesus say to close off from the world?I think he said, "score a room at the waldorf"
but it was in hebrew when he said it so who knows what he really meant.

capt. Jack
02-23-2012, 08:31 AM
He is a really good guy, living his dream as an NFL QB! And he is so thankful for that he is giving back, he does not need to do this. He probably enjoys to see the happiness he brings to these sick kids! We could all learn from him! :-) "PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS"

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I wish I could follow in tims footsteps...
with MIllions at my disposal to provide random acts of kindness.
There is NOTHING random, about these activities, they take orchestration and execution.
wish 15 foundation

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
hey captn jack,
are you ready to take me to my special island ?
and can you tell me why the s in island is silent?

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I wish I could follow in tims footsteps...
with MIllions at my disposal to provide random acts of kindness.
There is NOTHING random, about these activities, they take orchestration and execution. wish 15 foundation

very true.

capt. Jack
02-23-2012, 09:38 AM
hey captn jack,
are you ready to take me to my special island ?
and can you tell me why the s in island is silent?

The same reason why Isle is the abbreviation!!! :-) And just because Tim is a phony in some peoples eyes, does not mean that we all cannot "PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS" !!!!

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:45 AM
The same reason why Isle is the abbreviation!!! :-) And just because Tim is a phony in some peoples eyes, does not mean that we all cannot "PRACTICE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS" !!!!

I really wonder how many people really consider TT a phoney?
even though they may despise him, the kid is as genuine as levis 501s !

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:47 AM

still though, the statement was pretty out of line and inappropriate

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:49 AM

i think he is genuine in what he does. and probably a real nice fellow to everyone. when it comes to charitable acts, I think it should be directed towards the human race in general, not just cripples and retards.

capt. Jack
02-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Excellent, then we agree he is not doing this to get on tv or something. He is doing it to help the kids period!

claymore
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Only God knows if he is genuine. I only care if he is a good QB. The rest is between him and God.

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Excellent, then we agree he is not doing this to get on tv or something. He is doing it to help the kids period!

what about the children that suffers silently? those are the real victims.

I'm not thinking on Tebow necessarily, but "do gooders" in general. donate to charity (and often mention that they do) but fuk his colleagues over consistently. those that wear the veneer of charity and "great guy" but are really selfserving egoists beneath. Basically the NTLs of the world

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumshe does not allow cameras of any kind during the vast majority of these visits.
anyone not beleiving in tebows sincerety as a philanthropist, humanitarian, doer of good deeds,

NEEDS to read the rick reily piece!

Because REILY is honest and forthright in admitting his desire to out TT as it is the desire of all other media barnicles that would like to attach themselves to the biggest story of this young millenium.
'it just aint there"
tebow does not suck, unless of course you are talking about some aspect of his football skills.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
what about the children that suffers silently?
he spends time with mutes too !
he learned to sign last summer instead of reading his play-book.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM
what about the children that suffers silently? those are the real victims.

I'm not thinking on Tebow necessarily, but "do gooders" in general. donate to charity (and often mention that they do) but fuk his colleagues over consistently. those that wear the veneer of charity and "great guy" but are really selfserving egoists beneath. Basically the NTLs of the world
the most obvious comparison, the tent evangelist.
No, that would be like comparing an olympic wrestler to one of those roid-ravaged stunt performers that call themselves "PRO" wrestlers.

claymore
02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
he spends time with mutes too !
he learned to sign last summer instead of reading his play-book.

Maybe he can use his skillz to intercept the defensive calls!

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
the most obvious comparison, the tent evangelist.
No, that would be like comparing an olympic wrestler to one of those roid-ravaged stunt performers that call themselves "PRO" wrestlers.

phonies Zam, the phoneys of the world. they're everywhere

claymore
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Only Tim Tebow CAN believe its not butter.

capt. Jack
02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Only Tim Tebow CAN believe its not butter.

Thats funny, you guys are great!!! :-)