PDA

View Full Version : The Rockies Are Onto The World Series!

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 12:40 AM
How amazing is THAT??????:first:

Kapaibro
10-16-2007, 01:08 AM
We knew they could do it!

Thank you to the whole team for some fantastic baseball!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-16-2007, 01:09 AM
YES :elefant: YES :elefant: YES :elefant:

Snapping Turtle
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
For the first time ever....I am speechless.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm still amazed. I haven't watched much baseball, but what is this, 22 out of their last 23? Amazing.

Poet
10-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Way to go Rockies. As a fan of the Cincinnati Reds I always like to root for the smaller franchises. I don't care who the Rockies play in the WS, I want them to win. I wonder what the odds where on the Rockies doing so well in Vegas at the start of the season?:elefant::elefant:

Kapaibro
10-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Way to go Rockies. As a fan of the Cincinnati Reds I always like to root for the smaller franchises. I don't care who the Rockies play in the WS, I want them to win. I wonder what the odds where on the Rockies doing so well in Vegas at the start of the season?:elefant::elefant:

I got them at 26-1 to win just before the Wildcard play-in game.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-16-2007, 01:28 AM

I am sure if someone bet on them to be in the World Series before the season started, they now have BIG BUCKS.

Snapping Turtle
10-16-2007, 01:33 AM
I am sure if someone bet on them to be in the World Series before the season started, they now have BIG BUCKS.

My friend Madison's mom did as a joke in Vegas. 2,000 bucks coming her way.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-16-2007, 01:42 AM
My friend Madison's mom did as a joke in Vegas. 2,000 bucks coming her way.

Congrats to her :elefant:

Snapping Turtle
10-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Congrats to her :elefant:

Yeah haha.

I'm not a betting person...but if I was...I would be a very rich girly.

Den21vsBal19
10-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I got them at 26-1 to win just before the Wildcard play-in game.
Damn, I wish you'd dropped that tip in here :laugh:

Not a baseball fan, but congrats to the Rockies :clap:

broncos9697
10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
How amazing is THAT??????:first:

I really think the rock will win it this year,the way they ended the season wow!! who expected that not me....but the momentem is on there side and they have not lost it,these players are so pumped up its amazing..GO ROCKIES...

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 10:34 PM
As game 4 of the American League Championship winds down, it is becoming increasingly clear that Cleveland is the superior team. Personally speaking, I was hoping for the Sox (nothwithstandingly, for sentimental reasons).

Well, the Bo Sox have done it in the past--came back from the dead--but...

This Cleveland team is GOOD. And, GOOD, on both defense and offense.

Should the Colorado Rockies prevail in their streak, to actually WIN the World Series, this will certainly not be attributed to "luck."

Was it last year that the city of Philadelphia rallied behind that race horse, Smarty Jones, to put their city on the map, after being a long time away?

Well, this year, it is the Rockies--our Smarty Jones. Will our little unknown go all the way--for the "Triple Crown?"

<God, you sure hafta love sports on this level... beats the HELL outta chess!>

:laugh:

lex
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
As game 4 of the American League Championship winds down, it is becoming increasingly clear that Cleveland is the superior team. Personally speaking, I was hoping for the Sox (nothwithstandingly, for sentimental reasons).

Well, the Bo Sox have done it in the past--came back from the dead--but...

This Cleveland team is GOOD. And, GOOD, on both defense and offense.

Should the Colorado Rockies prevail in their streak, to actually WIN the World Series, this will certainly not be attributed to "luck."

Was it last year that the city of Philadelphia rallied behind that race horse, Smarty Jones, to put their city on the map, after being a long time away?

Well, this year, it is the Rockies--our Smarty Jones. Will our little unknown go all the way--for the "Triple Crown?"

<God, you sure hafta love sports on this level... beats the HELL outta chess!>

:laugh:

Yeah, but look at Clevelands history against Denver. Actually, its probably worse for Boston. The Patriots went from 1980 to 2000 without beating the Broncos...and since then Denver is 5-1 against them in the era of their greatest level of success. Yeah, thats football and this is baseball but the cosmic forces sometimes work in strange ways. Still though, I think it would be more agonizing for Cleveland fans if/when Denver was to trot Elway out there for the first pitch.

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, but look at Clevelands history against Denver. Actually, its probably worse for Boston. The Patriots went from 1980 to 2000 without beating the Broncos...and since then Denver is 5-1 against them in the era of their greatest level of success. Yeah, thats football and this is baseball but the cosmic forces sometimes work in strange ways. Still though, I think it would be more agonizing for Cleveland fans if/when Denver was to trot Elway out there for the first pitch.

I'm taking note of this, Lex...the "cosmic forces" thing, especially. Now I'm REALLY wondering where Rebecca is at this point in time....

:confused:

lex
10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm taking note of this, Lex...the "cosmic forces" thing, especially. Now I'm REALLY wondering where Rebecca is at this point in time....

:confused:

Why is it significant enough to be worth noting? And who is Rebecca?

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Why is it significant enough to be worth noting? And who is Rebecca?

Rebecca is an alleged "ghost." It had not occured to me that there could be this "cosmic forces" effect until you posted what you did, so, naturally, I had to wonder about "Rebecca," and her potential for influence.

Now you are giving me cause to search back from the time I visted NM (the Cloudcroft incident), fearing that Rebecca followed me back to Colorado...

Searching back, that was on September 23. How were the Rockies doing on that date in time?

lex
10-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Rebecca is an alleged "ghost." It had not occured to me that there could be this "cosmic forces" effect until you posted what you did, so, naturally, I had to wonder about "Rebecca," and her potential for influence.

Now you are giving me cause to search back from the time I visted NM (the Cloudcroft incident), fearing that Rebecca followed me back to Colorado...

Searching back, that was on September 23. How were the Rockies doing on that date in time?

Whats weird is that my brother and I went to the last game before Colorado started this amazing run. Colorado got killed that day by Florida on a Saturday. We were actually in town for the Raiders-Broncos game.

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Whats weird is that my brother and I went to the last game before Colorado started this amazing run. Colorado got killed that day by Florida on a Saturday. We were actually in town for the Raiders-Broncos game.

I don't think the dates are meshing here, Lex. On the weekend I "met" Rebecca, the Broncos lost to the Jag-wires.

My question remains: where were the Rockies on September 23, 2007?

lex
10-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't think the dates are meshing here, Lex. On the weekend I "met" Rebecca, the Broncos lost to the Jag-wires.

My question remains: where were the Rockies on September 23, 2007?

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=col&m=9&y=2007

It looks like they were playing San Diego. BTW, is this the Rebecca you are talking about? http://farshores.org/pghost80.htm

Maybe its a different ghost?

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 11:51 PM
http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=col&m=9&y=2007

It looks like they were playing San Diego. BTW, is this the Rebecca you are talking about? http://farshores.org/pghost80.htm

Maybe its a different ghost?

The schedule you posted doesn't mesh, but that is the same Rebecca.