PDA

View Full Version : Flood the Broncos Inbox damnit

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 01:24 AM
This was fruitless I know but I do not care.

I just Emailed the Broncos at their website suggestions Email address to express my displeasure in all of this nonsense, and my thoughts on how to fix it... Give Cutler what he wants to move on for 2009.

It won't make a difference, but I think we should flood their Inbox at Broncos HQ!

Pat Bowlen must step in and force this **** to go away. Keep Cutler. Whatever the cost. Make McD appease him. He's young and everyone will be better for it and the Broncos will look like they did the right thing. They can restore some respect and credibility, otherwise they can quickly become the 2008-9 worst team of the offseason.

Everyone voice their opinion to our beloved team. Keep Cutler.

suggestions@broncos.nfl.net

topscribe
03-17-2009, 02:16 AM
I did it. My letter:

Pat Bowlen:

Please use your authority to force McDaniels and Cutler to make peace.

Head coaches are a dime a dozen. How common are quarterbacks of Cutler's caliber?
Don't let McDaniels' present lack of people skills tear apart our beloved Denver Broncos.

You want a Super Bowl. It begins and ends at quarterback. Think about 1997 and 1998.
Would either Super Bowl win have been achieved without John Elway? Would they
have even made it that far? If you let Cutler out the door, you will not see a Super
Bowl in the next 10 years . . . not with the Broncos in it.

Think about what you are allowing to slip through your fingers from you lack of action.
If one goes, think about who it should be. Nolan can be a head coach. Who can
quarterback the team as Cutler can? Who is out there as trade bait that is Cutler's
peer?

Think!! Please!!

Warm regards,

-----

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I did it. My letter:

-----

Can I just copy and send your letter top? :laugh: :laugh:

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Can I just copy and send your letter top? :laugh: :laugh:

lol

Even if everyone just sent something like this-

KEEP CUTLER.

would make some kind of statement.

sneakers
03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
I think this just overshadows some of the good moves they have made this offseason.

DenBronx
03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
as a fan i'm deeply dissapointed in our organization. we have been searching for a franchise quarterback since elway left and we finally have one. i keep thinking this is some wacky dream that i cant awake from. it boggles my mind how idiotic it was to even entertain the idea of trading cutler. we had the 2nd rated offense in the league yet mcliar comes in and dismantles it. great idea....awesome....high 5!!! ive been a fan forever and this has got to be one of the biggest bone headed decisions in history. im on board to see our head coach fired! all he needed to do was bring in a really good d cordinator and make good decisions in free agency and the draft. what else does he do? he cuts leach and brings in a 5mill long snapper. another great idea from mcfail. whens the last time we had a bad snap? 6 years ago? didnt leach lead the team in special teams tackles too? wasnt his contract half of this bloke from patsie land?

please man up and give cutler a new deal.

sincerely,

a really annoyed fan.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:20 AM
My Letter.. :D

Mr. Bowlen:

Will you please step in and help resolve this issue between Cutler and McDaniels.

I have been a loyal fan of this proud franchise for 23 years. I began cheering for the Broncos while John was under center. He was the face of the franchise and I admit, the main reason I became a fan of the Broncos. As most Broncos fans, it hurt when I finally realized I wouldn’t get to see him in a Broncos uniform again. We have suffered through 3 starting QB’s since John retired. None of the 3 could measure up and be the face of our beloved team. Despite that, I have always been a loyal fan and cheered for your organization. Without having a true leader at the QB position to be the face of the Broncos, it just wasn’t the same.

I truly believe you have found that with Cutler, do not let him get away.. I realize as a fan I don’t know everything that has happened but I believe there must be a way to mend this situation. We fans have accepted and committed to Jay Cutler. It bothers me that McDaniels didn’t seem to care about us fans and the negative outlook it shed on your organization when he attempted to trade Jay Cutler.

Josh had to know coming in where Cutler stood with this team and the fan base. If he couldn’t except everything that came with being a Bronco he shouldn’t have taken this job. Please don’t let him trade away Jay Cutler. Good coaches can find a way to work with almost anyone. Cutler feels betrayed by McDaniels and I have to say, I do as well.
If he isn’t capable of mending the situation with Cutler will you please take the lead and fix the mess he has created with our beloved team. If he isn’t willing to try and mend the fences with Cutler, please let him go. It takes a man to be the head coach of a professional football team. A man is willing to lay his pride aside and do what’s best for the organization. Trading Cutler is not in the best interests of your organization.

If need be, you can find another coach, replacing Cutler will not be so easy, more then even that, dimming the negative light that will be shed over the Broncos for years to come will be even harder. I have been around the net on many fan sites and even as you read this plea, the outlook on your storied franchise is diminishing. I have always been more then proud to be a Broncos fan. The Broncos have always treated their players with class and respect. If this Cutler situation is allowed to sour, that will no longer be able to be said about the Broncos.

Please do not allow McDaniels to tarnish the proud reputation of the Broncos. This franchise and everything it has stood for took years to build. McDaniels should have considered the backlash before he acted. If he can restore the situation with Cutler, it will go a long way in restoring the fans faith in him as the Broncos head coach. If he can’t or won’t repair his relationship with Cutler, he is not fit to be the Broncos head coach. The Broncos deserve better then that!

I supported and backed your decision when you fired Mike; I supported your choice of hiring McDaniels. Now he has came in and done the worst thing imaginable. I believe only by your intervention can there be a positive outcome in this situation. If McDaniels wasn’t the right guy for the job, the Broncos fans will forgive the hiring. We all make mistakes. The most imported thing is that we rectify them. If McDaniels can’t rectify his mistakes, you can still rectify the hiring. Please do right by Jay Cutler, please do right by the Storied franchise that is the Broncos.

Thank you for all the amazing years of excitement your franchise has brought me, I genuinely hope this situation can be corrected so I can look forward to many more..

Concerned Broncos fan,

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Where is G when you need him? :tsk: If anyone could write a meaningful and event changing letter it's G. :salute:

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Some folks from a Broncos forum are golf to flood your email demanding that Pat fire or force Josh M. To make peace with jay at any cost.

IMHO that is exactly the wrong thing to do. We all know this circus is being driven by bus cook and his desire for another cash cow now that Brett has retired.

Hold the line and do not give in to extortion that they are trying to do.

While jay has talent his immature actions have to make everyone wonder, how he will do under pressure in games. It seemed to lots of folks that Phillip Rivers has has number, perhaps that has a meaning.

You made a good hire and while "franchise" QB are hard to find NE seems to find them bettet than Mikey did.

You made a GREAT choice in Josh. Do not let nutjobs run him off.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Somehow I dont think that letters kissing Jay's ass and ripping up the head coach are going to make Pat take them seriously. I'm sure he knows and appreciates the love for Jay and his talent, but if someone sent me a letter basically calling me stupid for making a decision on a coach that HAS YET TO COACH A GAME...the letter goes straight to the trash.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Coach, I am like you... Cutler has helped deteriote the situation and I believe is largely at fault. He makes no bones about his resentment from the day Shanahan was dismissed. I am looking at the state of the team and this thing causing complete disarray. This **** has reached critical mass. The easiest thing for this to go away is to give Cutler whatever he wants so Denver can start thinking about maybe WINNING GAMES in 2009 as opposed to who is under Center.

Teams that have nothing to give are 'monitoring' the situation, like Chicago and the NYJ. Those are two potential 'suitors' that we as fans want the Broncos to do nothing with because they essentially have nothing. The Bears- Orton? Grossman? Yeah ok, the Broncos will take 4 steps back at QB. The NYJ- The 17th pick? Hell no, it is likely the two best QBs (theoretically the best) will be gone by then. Cleveland for Quinn and maybe their 1st Pick or Detroit for their #1 and #2 or BOTH #1s, or St' Loo for their 1st and 2nd.

This **** has spiraled out of control. It doesn't matter who is at fault anymore. The longer it goes on the worse it will be. Appease Cutler, make him happy and moving on is the easiest thing to do.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Coach, I am like you... Cutler has helped deteriote the situation and I believe is largely at fault. He makes no bones about his resentment from the day Shanahan was dismissed. I am looking at the state of the team and this thing causing complete disarray. This **** has reached critical mass. The easiest thing for this to go away is to give Cutler whatever he wants so Denver can start thinking about maybe WINNING GAMES in 2009 as opposed to who is under Center.

Teams that have nothing to give are 'monitoring' the situation, like Chicago and the NYJ. Those are two potential 'suitors' that we as fans want the Broncos to do nothing with because they essentially have nothing. The Bears- Orton? Grossman? Yeah ok, the Broncos will take 4 steps back at QB. The NYJ- The 17th pick? Hell no, it is likely the two best QBs (theoretically the best) will be gone by then. Cleveland for Quinn and maybe their 1st Pick or Detroit for their #1 and #2 or BOTH #1s, or St' Loo for their 1st and 2nd.

This **** has spiraled out of control. It doesn't matter who is at fault anymore. The longer it goes on the worse it will be. Appease Cutler, make him happy and moving on is the easiest thing to do.

That's the part I have a problem with. If both sides are at equal fault, how does appeasing the QB make things better and what message does it send to the team?

Bronco Bible
03-17-2009, 08:50 AM
It seems to me like a person could equate this to the T.O. situation if they try.:coffee:would everyone on this board appease him?

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 08:50 AM
It is the easiest way Chaz, that's why. It would make the problem go away and Denver not having to essentially start over at QB. That is the easiest way to forge ahead for 2009.

GOD I AM SO SICK IF THIS BRONCOS DRAMA AND ****...

chazoe60
03-17-2009, 09:06 AM
I can't send the letter now because I am at work, and I don't want to use company email for this, but here is what my letter will not look like at all, but if I was talking to the man face to face this is what I would say to him;

Dear Mr. Bowlen,
Please go to the closest Sports Authority store and purchase two sets of boxing gloves. Then drive to the nearest liquor store and buy a twelve pack of Coors light. Find the nearest High School and shove Jay and Josh into it's wrestling room and lock the door. Tell them they are not allowed to come out until they have resolved their differences and are done embarrassing this proud franchise. If they have any issues with this, ask them this rhetorical question; Who has made you both into millionaires?

BroncoJoe
03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I think I'll pass.

claymore
03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I think I'll pass.

Joe you better do your part. I cant lead a life where Obama is my president, and Chris simms is my starting QB.

chazoe60
03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Joe you better do your part. I cant lead a life where Obama is my president, and Chris simms is my starting QB.

Don't jump Clay. Someday we will have a libertarian president and Jack Elway will be our starting QB and we can all rejoice in how wonderful the world is.

Hey I can dream can't I

roomemp
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
This was fruitless I know but I do not care.

I just Emailed the Broncos at their website suggestions Email address to express my displeasure in all of this nonsense, and my thoughts on how to fix it... Give Cutler what he wants to move on for 2009.

It won't make a difference, but I think we should flood their Inbox at Broncos HQ!

Pat Bowlen must step in and force this **** to go away. Keep Cutler. Whatever the cost. Make McD appease him. He's young and everyone will be better for it and the Broncos will look like they did the right thing. They can restore some respect and credibility, otherwise they can quickly become the 2008-9 worst team of the offseason.

Everyone voice their opinion to our beloved team. Keep Cutler.

suggestions@broncos.nfl.net

I am a Denver Broncos fan. Not a Cutler fan. I stand by the Broncos 100%, even if the decision they make is questionable. Cutler has admitted he does not want to be a Bronco. Doesn't that make you mad being a Broncos fan?

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Yes it does. I want what is best for the team and this turmoil isn't helping anyone involved in the organization. I've said it before both sides are at fault, Jay's been a whining little bitch since Mike's departure and McDaniels mishandled the situation. The easiest thing to do to make it go away is appease Jay. The longer it goes on the more of a joke it is.

BroncoJoe
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes it does. I want what is best for the team and this turmoil isn't helping anyone involved in the organization. I've said it before both sides are at fault, Jay's been a whining little bitch since Mike's departure and McDaniels mishandled the situation. The easiest thing to do to make it go away is appease Jay. The longer it goes on the more of a joke it is.

If your child is kicking and screaming, throwing a temper tantrum in the grocery store because he wants a piece of candy, do you just buy it to "appease" them or take them to the car for a spanking?

I know what I'd do.

roomemp
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM

I say McDaniels makes a "Real" attempt to sit down with Jay alone. If Jay denies the request or is not pleased with what McDaniels tells him, start shopping him. Our organization and the fans don't need this BS.

claymore
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I say McDaniels makes a "Real" attempt to sit down with Jay alone. If Jay denies the request or is not pleased with what McDaniels tells him, start shopping him. Our organization and the fans don't need this BS.

I want Bowlen to sit with him. Obviously McD isnt playing the nice game right now.

roomemp
03-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I want Bowlen to sit with him. Obviously McD isnt playing the nice game right now.

Nah the resolution has to come between McDaniels and Cutler. They are the ones with the issues. If they can't communicate, then there can be no relationship.

claymore
03-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Nah the resolution has to come between McDaniels and Cutler. They are the ones with the issues. If they can't communicate, then there can be no relationship.

If you were Bowlen who would you keep?

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
If you were Bowlen who would you keep?

That has nothing to do with it. You can make a valid argument for both sides.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
All this will accomplish is filling an inbox with a 50/50 split of opinions. If this would help at all, a somewhat unified front would be needed, which fans clearly are not.
I don't understand why people support McDaniels as much or more than Cutler when he's done nothing here as of yet, but maybe people want to pay $100+ a ticket to watch a 4-12 team.

roomemp
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Probably McDaniels. The reason is because if he sides with Jay, McDaniels would lose all creditibility in the locker room.

I would know McDaniels started it but at least he is trying to now mend the fences. So I could live with that.

Bowlen was on Cutler's side, but when Cutler did not return Bowlen's phone call, he must have gotten really pissed. That's also probably why Bowlen did not show to the Cutler meeting on Saturday. It was his way of saying F you to Cutler.

roomemp
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
All this will accomplish is filling an inbox with a 50/50 split of opinions. If this would help at all, a somewhat unified front would be needed, which fans clearly are not.
I don't understand why people support McDaniels as much or more than Cutler when he's done nothing here as of yet, but maybe people want to pay $100+ a ticket to watch a 4-12 team.

Front Runner

claymore
03-17-2009, 10:04 AM
That has nothing to do with it. You can make a valid argument for both sides.

Its a valid question. He said that if him And McD cant work it out then it wont work.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
This thing is like Plummer/Cutler 2006... Or worse.

claymore
03-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Probably McDaniels. The reason is because if he sides with Jay, McDaniels would lose all creditibility in the locker room.

I would know McDaniels started it but at least he is trying to now mend the fences. So I could live with that.

Bowlen was on Cutler's side, but when Cutler did not return Bowlen's phone call, he must have gotten really pissed. That's also probably why Bowlen did not show to the Cutler meeting on Saturday. It was his way of saying F you to Cutler.

Maybe, and thats understandable. But.... All the scenarios that have Cutler leaving are based off of hope and Luck.

We have no idea what McDaniels is going to do or if he is even kept here for 3 years.

So in the end we might lose both. Shit needs to go PERFECT for McDaniels to stay IMO.

claymore
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
One more thing to consider from Bowlens perspective...... Who's jersey can the Broncos sell? If Cutler leaves there is going to be a major hit in the pocket as far as merchandising and ticket sales. I like Clady, and Royal, but can you trust they will be here? I think not, and on top of that...... And, the average fan doesnt want a O-lineman's jersey.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Bowlen mishandled this thing too.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 11:28 AM
From Tops leter:

"Pat Bowlen:

Head coaches are a dime a dozen. How common are quarterbacks of Cutler's caliber?
Don't let McDaniels' present lack of people skills tear apart our beloved Denver Broncos."

---------------------------

I totally agree. I also admit that both sides are to blame. However, a franchise QB is harder to find than a head coach. Head coach's come and go this day and age in the NFL.
Franchise QB's don't. I'd rather have a franchise QB be around for 10-12 years than a 32 yr old head coach.
Hell, with or without Cutler, who knows how long McDaniels is going to be around. The way he's managed this whole fiasco doesn't serve him well already. He's proven NOTHING as HC yet.

There are only about 5 teams in the NFL that wouldn't take a look at Cutler. That's gotta tell you something.

If McD's ego is so great that he thinks he can turn every QB that didn't even play a College game into a great QB he sure does think a lot of himself. Egomaniac IMO.

If he doesn't work this thing out, he's digging his own grave.

Sure Cutler has shown his immaturity, well, he is only 25yrs old. McD has shown his immaturity also by the way he's handles this sitch.
Which...................... still makes me think. Why the hell is our new GM not taking care of all personell decisions?? I mean, he is the GM right.
Bowlen is so used to letting the HC (Shanny) run the whole show that he's forgotten how the chain of command works.

McD has no history of handling personel decisions and has shown that here already.

He may be a great coach, i'll give him that. However, he not a great personel guy.

I also agree that Bowlen has dropped the ball here.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm getting the sense around here that I'm quickly moving up the waiting list for season tickets

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I am a Denver Broncos fan. Not a Cutler fan. I stand by the Broncos 100%, even if the decision they make is questionable. Cutler has admitted he does not want to be a Bronco. Doesn't that make you mad being a Broncos fan?

He said he wanted to be a Bronco many, many times.. It's taking the easy road to just say he asked out so he doesn't want us... F that! McDaniels tried to trade him way before there were any question about Jay not wanting to be a bronco. If anything as Woodson said, McDaniels was telling Jay he doesn't want him when he tried to trade him. What else is he to do bud ask to be traded to a team that does want him?

Do you really believe McDaniels is trying to work this out? Again as Woodson said, Cutler is the one making the effort by committing to come to the meeting. Don't you understand that? Cutler would have been to the meeting.
on Monday, he was coming. What ever McDaniels told him in the meeting on Saturday changed his mind. How did mcDaniels help the situation? If there would have been no meeting Jay would have been to the meeting on Monday.. If anything it should be said that McDaniels again made the situation worse..

You have a guy who wants to play, he is willing to put everything aside and come to the team meeting. Then mcDaniels calls another meeting and further pushes the guy away that he supposedly wants on the team? Can he really be that clueless when it comes to player relations? This would have been closer to being over if McDaniels had never even meet with Cutler on Saturday. The team would have been better off if he would have kept his mouth shut and let Cutler be the bigger man by coming on Monday..

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
He said he wanted to be a Bronco many, many times.. It's taking the easy road to just say he asked out so he doesn't want us... F that! McDaniels tried to trade him way before there were any question about Jay not wanting to be a bronco. If anything as Woodson said, McDaniels was telling Jay he doesn't want him when he tried to trade him. What else is he to do bud ask to be traded to a team that does want him?

Do you really believe McDaniels is trying to work this out? Again as Woodson said, Cutler is the one making the effort by committing to come to the meeting. Don't you understand that? Cutler would have been to the meeting.
on Monday, he was coming. What ever McDaniels told him in the meeting on Saturday changed his mind. How did mcDaniels help the situation? If there would have been no meeting Jay would have been to the meeting on Monday.. If anything it should be said that McDaniels again made the situation worse..

You have a guy who wants to play, he is willing to put everything aside and come to the team meeting. Then mcDaniels calls another meeting and further pushes the guy away that he supposedly wants on the team? Can he really be that clueless when it comes to player relations? This would have been closer to being over if McDaniels had never even meet with Cutler on Saturday. The team would have been better off if he would have kept his mouth shut and let Cutler be the bigger man by coming on Monday..

This is such a jaded assumption it borders on ridiculous

claymore
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm getting the sense around here that I'm quickly moving up the waiting list for season tickets

All the letters in the world dont matter, but enough people cancelling they're season tickets goes straight to bowlens desk.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
From Tops leter:

"Pat Bowlen:

Don't let McDaniels' present lack of people skills tear apart our beloved Denver Broncos."

---------------------------

I totally agree. I also admit that both sides are to blame. However, a franchise QB is harder to find than a head coach. Head coach's come and go this day and age in the NFL.
Franchise QB's don't. I'd rather have a franchise QB be around for 10-12 years than a 32 yr old head coach.
Hell, with or without Cutler, who knows how long McDaniels is going to be around. The way he's managed this whole fiasco doesn't serve him well already. He's proven NOTHING as HC yet.

There are only about 5 teams in the NFL that wouldn't take a look at Cutler. That's gotta tell you something.

If McD's ego is so great that he thinks he can turn every QB that didn't even play a College game into a great QB he sure does think a lot of himself. Egomaniac IMO.

If he doesn't work this thing out, he's digging his own grave.

Sure Cutler has shown his immaturity, well, he is only 25yrs old. McD has shown his immaturity also by the way he's handles this sitch.
Which...................... still makes me think. Why the hell is our new GM not taking care of all personell decisions?? I mean, he is the GM right.
Bowlen is so used to letting the HC (Shanny) run the whole show that he's forgotten how the chain of command works.

McD has no history of handling personel decisions and has shown that here already.

He may be a great coach, i'll give him that. However, he not a great personel guy.

I also agree that Bowlen has dropped the ball here.

Great post!

Everyone seems to forget McDaniels hasn't even coached a game yet. Imagine if a Rookie QB was preforming his job as bad as Mckid is?

With or without Cutler. There is a great chance McKid will never amount to anything as a coach.. Most who try fail. I just don't understand how people can blindly follow McKid and what ever he does. I thought it was bad with Shanahan but at least he had won something and proven he was a good coach.. All McKid has proven is that he could pick a fight with the best player on our team...

And seriously people, I don't care how immature Cutler seems. Are you really telling me you don't believe you could resolve this issue with him if you were in McDaniels shoes? I have dealt with Immature people in my life, I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with even more then I. So seriously, do you really believe you couldn't work this out with Cutler? Now ask yourself, why isn't McDaniels working it out if he really wants to?

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Great post!

Everyone seems to forget McDaniels hasn't even coached a game yet. Imagine if a Rookie QB was preforming his job as bad as Mckid is?

With or without Cutler. There is a great chance McKid will never amount to anything as a coach.. Most who try fail. I just don't understand how people can blindly follow McKid and what ever he does. I though it was bad with Shanahan but at least he had won something and proved he was a good coach.. All McKid proved was that he could pick a fight with the best player on our team...

And seriously people, I don't care how immature Cutler seems. Are you really telling me you don't believe you could resolve this issue with him if you were in McDaniels shoes? I have dealt with Immature people in my life, I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with a lot more then me. So seriously, do you really believe you couldn't work this out with Cutler? Now ask yourself, why isn't McDaniels working it out if he really wants to?

Kissing Cutler's ass is the only way to resolve this and I DO NOT want a coach that kisses a prima donna's ass.

claymore
03-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Kissing Cutler's ass is the only way to resolve this and I DO NOT want a coach that kisses a prima donna's ass.

I prefer to call it a sincere apology. At this rate multiple careers are going to get ruined.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I prefer to call it a sincere apology. At this rate multiple careers are going to get ruined.

Apologize for what? Listening to a trade offer? F that.

claymore
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Apologize for what? Listening to a trade offer? F that.

Yes.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes.

If McD apologizes for being a coach, I lose all respect for him

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
This is such a jaded assumption it borders on ridiculous

McDaniels said there has been a pattern with Cutler the last 2 weeks. Even from that we can see when the trouble started.. There was no problem with Cutler wanting to be a Bronco before McDaniels tried to trade him.

I really don't see how this is so hard for some to understand? Why would McDaniels want to work this out with Cutler if he doesn't really want or care if he's on the team? It is clear he didn't really care if Cutler was on the team when he tried to trade him.. He obviously felt/feels he can win without Cutler..

So why now would he go all out to mend the situation with a guy he doesn't really care about? Much like Leach, McKid has nothing invested in Cutler...

claymore
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM

Then you will be sitting next to me on the hater wagon. :D

turftoad
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM

Coach, you and a handful of other are the only ones that have any respect for McD anymore anyway.

I'd much rather have Cutler than McD for the next 10-12 years right now with the way McD has handled all this.

BTW, Skip said this morning that Cutler had the 2nd best 4th quarter stats in the league last year.
Just an FYI. :D

What has McD proven as a head coach thus far?

Besides pissing off our franchise QB that is.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM

I don't want him to kiss his ass coach. He could however assure Cutler he wants him on the team..

The problem here is that Cutler knows other teams want him. He knows his value. McKid clearly doesn't put the same value on Cutler as a lot of other teams do.. So Cutler is saying that's fine, I understand you don't want me, I'm not going to beg you for a job when I can easily get a job somewhere else.

Should Cutler have to kiss a head coaches ass who hasn't proven anything except he doesn't really care if Cutler is his QB? Why should he do that? So he can remain a Bronco and play for someone who doesn't appreciate what he has to offer?

topscribe
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Some folks from a Broncos forum are golf to flood your email demanding that Pat fire or force Josh M. To make peace with jay at any cost.

IMHO that is exactly the wrong thing to do. We all know this circus is being driven by bus cook and his desire for another cash cow now that Brett has retired.

Hold the line and do not give in to extortion that they are trying to do.

While jay has talent his immature actions have to make everyone wonder, how he will do under pressure in games. It seemed to lots of folks that Phillip Rivers has has number, perhaps that has a meaning.

You made a good hire and while "franchise" QB are hard to find NE seems to find them bettet than Mikey did.

You made a GREAT choice in Josh. Do not let nutjobs run him off.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/head-dpitp.jpg

-----

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Just curious what has Jay actually accomplished in his career todate???

turftoad
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM

Kept us in games with how shitty our defense is. Kept us in games with pretty much no RB's.

He's pretty much carried the offense.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Again as Woodson said, Cutler is the one making the effort by committing to come to the meeting. Don't you understand that? Cutler would have been to the meeting.

But he is not man enough to talk to the coach one on one has to have his agent present..

WHO ARE YOU Kidding..

he refused to talk to him one on one in the conference call..

he refused to call Pat back..

he had to have the the agent set in the face to face..

what does that tell any intelligent logical person..

It tells me jay can't either control his mouth and emotions to go one one one about coach player relations or this is a planned attack to get jay to be paid the highest contract in the league..

If you are not able to see and logically compute that then we will have to agree to disagree..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Coach, you and a handful of other are the only ones that have any respect for McD anymore anyway.

I'd much rather have Cutler than McD for the next 10-12 years right now with the way McD has handled all this.

BTW, Skip said this morning that Cutler had the 2nd best 4th quarter stats in the league last year.
Just an FYI. :D

What has McD proven as a head coach thus far?

Besides pissing off our franchise QB that is.

Cutler had the best stats in the 4th quarter on the road.. He threw 7 TD's and 0 INT's. Rivers was next with 7 TD's and 2 INT's.

That means Cutler was at his best in the worst environments when it mattered most.

I don't think this is even about Cutlers skill. They both said Mcdaniels hasn't said anything negative about Cutlers play. Much like with Leach, McDaniels just wanted his guy.. Now Cutler is saying, I get it, I'm not your guy..

All McDaniels has to do is prove to Cutler he wants to work this out with him and he understands where Cutler is coming from.. If Denver refuses to trade Cutler that in itself will go a long way in showing how much the Broncos actually want Cutler on this team.

If Denver doesn't trade Cutler this mess will go away... How many of us really believe McDaniels won't take this opportunity to dump Cutler?

turftoad
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
But he is not man enough to talk to the coach one on one has to have his agent present..

WHO ARE YOU Kidding..

It tells me jay can't either control his mouth and emotions to go one one one about coach player relations or this is a planned attack to get jay to be paid the highest contract in the league..

If you are not able to see and logically compute that then we will have to agree to disagree..

Playing the "highest player contract in the league" card was ALL speculation by ONE reporter by the name of Peter King.

Total speculation.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Kept us in games with how shitty our defense is. Kept us in games with pretty much no RB's.

He's pretty much carried the offense.

and there were at least one game that should have been loss had Hochulci made the right call on the "fumble" and the champ "pick" earlier in the game.. Highly unlikely we would have won that one..

If memory serves correct there was another game he screwed the pooch in also.. But frankly it does not matter..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM

WHO ARE YOU Kidding..

It tells me Jay wants a witness at the meeting to confirm what McDaniels is really telling him. It tells me Jay doesn't trust McDaniels.. Didn't take an IQ of 145 to figure that out either, Cutler came right out and said that...

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM

He has earned the respect of being called a franchise QB.. Cutler isn't over valueing himself. The league has set Cutlers value as one of the top QB's in the game..

The same draft guy who gets paid to evaluate prospects on NFLN said Cutler has all the skills you will ever need in a QB.. He said if he had to choose between Cutler and any QB in this draft he would take Cutler without even thinking about it.

These aren't homer Bronco fans or Cutler being arrogant.. You know as well as I do, there are a lot of teams that will be lining up to get a shot at Cutler if he officially hits the block

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
He has earned the respect of being called a franchise QB.. Cutler isn't over valueing himself. The league has set Cutlers value as one of the top QB's in the game..

The same draft guy who gets paid to evaluate prospects on NFLN said Cutler has all the skills you will ever need in a QB.. He said if he had to choose between Cutler and any QB in this draft he would take Cutler without even thinking about it.

These aren't homer Bronco fans or Cutler being arrogant.. You know as well as I do, there are a lot of teams that will be lining up to get a shot at Cutler if he officially hits the block

...and if any of the QB's in this draft are where Cutler is or further 3 years from now, he'll change his mind. impossible to predict the future

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Playing the "highest player contract in the league" card was ALL speculation by ONE reporter by the name of Peter King.

Total speculation.

just like everything you have heard from jay.. buss and the "Source"

What have YOU heard from JAYS mouth NADA..

Reporters have agendas all of them..

If the moron does not appears to the min camp let the fines begin..

let lets talk agent for a second here:

bus does not represent anyone in the up coming draft.. If reports are correct..

Buses cash cow just retired and move to Mississippi..

buses only other player is only making 1.035 mil this year..

bus has few/no prospects of signing anyone from the upcoming draft unless jay gets a huge contract......

bus will not allow his kid talk to anyone one on one..

what does this tell a logical human??

follow the money folks that is all this is about..

claymore
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Hot Rod, I feel your on the fence with this.

Cutler hasnt played long enough to have accomplished anything. He has shown flashes of absolute briallance to me. This is a kid that has started for 2.5 years.

Other teams are willing to trade multiple first round pics for him....

What does that say?

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
It tells me Jay wants a witness at the meeting to confirm what McDaniels is really telling him. It tells me Jay doesn't trust McDaniels.. Didn't take an IQ of 145 to figure that out either, Cutler came right out and said that...

take a recording device in and say they will not talk with out is being on.. that way there is NO debate on who is telling whom what..

having your agent there tells me and any logical person jay does not want to hear the facts of life or does not want to have a clean conversation or have the huevos to confront the coach one on one..

how can you not see this..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
...and if any of the QB's in this draft are where Cutler is or further 3 years from now, he'll change his mind. impossible to predict the future

That's why Cutler is so valuable. You have no idea what your going to get from a rookie QB or coach..

turftoad
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
That's why Cutler is so valuable. You have no idea what your going to get from a rookie QB or coach..

Exactly, both Leinert and Young were drafted ahead of Cutler. They're both warming the bench right now.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 02:58 PM

Cutler hasnt played long enough to have accomplished anything. He has shown flashes of absolute briallance to me. This is a kid that has started for 2.5 years.

What does that say?

they are willing to deal with a n immature QB who has a lot of potential.. that is all..

right now jays inability to deal one on one with his Head coach tell me there is more to this than trust..

if he can't do that then he is worthless as teats on a boar..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 02:58 PM

What does that say?

Honestly I think his skill set is off the charts but I worry ALOT about his mental makeup. I worry about his inflated ego, I worry about how the media nut sack swinging has affected his head. I worry that years of losing at Vandy have grown on him as normal. I dont see the fire in the gut that a real champion has.

I didnt see anything on the field this year especially in the last 3 game which were must win games. I saw his talent on the field but no burning desire to make something happen.

I hope I'm wrong and hope somehow we get to see just how wrong I am about Cutlers mental makeup for years and championships to come. Yet IMO his wiring is all ****** up. And that simply is the difference between the Elways and the Jeff Georges/Ryal Leafs of the world.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Exactly, both Leinert and Young were drafted ahead of Cutler. They're both warming the bench right now.

Leinert has a ring....

Yes I'm joking LMAO

claymore
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
they are willing to deal with a n immature QB who has a lot of potential.. that is all..

right now jays inability to deal one on one with his Head coach tell me there is more to this than trust..

He was a model citizen until McHitler came to town.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 03:00 PM

Sure he's immature, he's 25 freeking years old. I doubt he stays immature for much longer.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
just like everything you have heard from jay.. buss and the "Source"

What have YOU heard from JAYS mouth NADA..

Reporters have agendas all of them..

If the moron does not appears to the min camp let the fines begin..

let lets talk agent for a second here:

bus does not represent anyone in the up coming draft.. If reports are correct..

Buses cash cow just retired and move to Mississippi..

buses only other player is only making 1.035 mil this year..

bus has few/no prospects of signing anyone from the upcoming draft unless jay gets a huge contract......

bus will not allow his kid talk to anyone one on one..

what does this tell a logical human??

follow the money folks that is all this is about..

What agent wouldn't want to make as much money as they could? After all, It is his job.

That doesn't change anything Jr, If another team is willing to give Cutler a bigger contract, either the Broncos value Cutler the same or they don't..

Should Cutler want to play for the Broncos if they aren't willing to pay him what another team is? Why should he do that? This is after all just a business right? :confused:

yardog
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Jay's agent has turned this into something bigger than it should have been. It's all about money now. So do we pay him or trade him? :tsk:

claymore
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Honestly I think his skill set is off the charts but I worry ALOT about his mental makeup. I worry about his inflated ego, I worry about how the media nut sack swinging has affected his head. I worry that years of losing at Vandy have grown on him as normal. I dont see the fire in the gut that a real champion has.

I didnt see anything on the field this year especially in the last 3 game which were must win games. I saw his talent on the field but no burning desire to make something happen.

I hope I'm wrong and hope somehow we get to see just how wrong I am about Cutlers mental makeup for years and championships to come. Yet IMO his wiring is all ****** up. And that simply is the difference between the Elways and the Jeff Georges/Ryal Leafs of the world.

I saw frustration. No matter how many points we scored the defense would just let the other team march into the endzone.

The kid has been thru a shit ton of things the past three months. Cut him some slack.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I saw frustration. No matter how many points we scored the defense would just let the other team march into the endzone.

The kid has been thru a shit ton of things the past three months. Cut him some slack.

I see fault on both sides.

Young HC and young QB add in some drama and blam you have this shit sandwich we have today.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM

one as a potential HOF QB in front of him..

the other was moron a running QB that the owner fell in love with..

Remember minutes after we took cutler Adam Shefler came on and said that we had wanted leinert and when he was taken they decided that they had to step up for cutler..

now whether that was true there has been a lot of debate on but at the time he was not to far removed from being the main man with the press in DEN for the broncos.. and we all know that he usually has the right stuff.

Now was the pick a good one we will know for sure the evening of the first mini camp.. whether Chris or jay is taking snaps with the first team..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
What we need is Dr. Phil to show up at dove valley.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM

I hope I'm wrong and hope somehow we get to see just how wrong I am about Cutlers mental makeup for years and championships to come. Yet IMO his wiring is all ****** up. And that simply is the difference between the Elways and the Jeff Georges/Ryal Leafs of the world..

great post and that is how I see him

great QB with all the pieces but lacks something between the ears and maybe scrotum..

he has contributed to one dead coach..

claymore
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM

great post and that is how I see him

great QB with all the pieces but lacks something between the ears and maybe scrotum..

I think your love for Jake Plummer blinds you.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
take a recording device in and say they will not talk with out is being on.. that way there is NO debate on who is telling whom what..

having your agent there tells me and any logical person jay does not want to hear the facts of life or does not want to have a clean conversation or have the huevos to confront the coach one on one..

how can you not see this..

The recording device is a great idea rather Cook was there or not.. Do you honestly believe McDaniels would agree to that? Seriously? :laugh:

If Cutler released the recording of Saturdays meeting to the press do you think that would help solve this?

I'm willing to bet the employees of the team aren't allowed to record what is said behind closed doors.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
one as a potential HOF QB in front of him..

the other was moron a running QB that the owner fell in love with..

Remember minutes after we took cutler Adam Shefler came on and said that we had wanted leinert and when he was taken they decided that they had to step up for cutler..

now whether that was true there has been a lot of debate on but at the time he was not to far removed from being the main man with the press in DEN for the broncos.. and we all know that he usually has the right stuff.

Now was the pick a good one we will know for sure the evening of the first mini camp.. whether Chris or jay is taking snaps with the first team..

Leinert had the starting job and lost it because he sucked.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I think your love for Jake Plummer blinds you.

yes I liked Jake but that has nothing to do with this.. jay could be a HOF QB and the direction he is taking now could be a Jeff George..

how he deals with this over the next few weeks will show the direction he is going..

He has a chance to be with a great QB coach and OC, here in DEN and he can't get over the fact that mikey and bates are gone.. and his agent is whispering in his ear 1.05 mil this year your worth more than that..

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I liked Plummer too, but why does that instantly equate to hatred for Cutler?

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:17 PM

That analogy is worthless. I hated errr disliked Plummer so there is no connection.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Leinert had the starting job and lost it because he sucked.

yep he did but IIRC there have been a couple of OC changes since his rookie year and he is still there behind PHOF QB.. learning on how to play ball..

did not have the arrows in his quiver that Jake and Jay did.. and jay is a better QB at least physically..

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Sure he's immature, he's 25 freeking years old. I doubt he stays immature for much longer.

He's 25 years old, and has already dealt with much more than most:

Playing a year with diabetes - feeling like crap, losing weight, and not knowing why

Losing the only NFL head coach he ever had

Losing the offensive coordinator - his go between with him and the head coach

New head coach trying to trade him, and then lying to him about it.

claymore
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
yes I liked Jake but that has nothing to do with this.. jay could be a HOF QB and the direction he is taking now could be a Jeff George..

how he deals with this over the next few weeks will show the direction he is going..

He has a chance to be with a great QB coach and OC, here in DEN and he can't get over the fact that mikey and bates are gone.. and his agent is whispering in his ear 1.05 mil this year your worth more than that..

So a poor kid that is suddenly a millionaire, and is getting bad advice has head case issues? I dont think so. He lost a coach that loved him, respected him, and also told him how great he is. This coach is also a HOF coach.

His new coach hasnt done shit, and is telling him he wanted another QB, and if he wants to stay he had better work on some things....

I dont blame him for getting pissed. If he didnt, he wouldnt have any balls, heart or brains.

You man love affair for Plummer is disgusting BTW. Get a room.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM

That analogy is worthless. I hated errr disliked Plummer so there is no connection.

grasping at straws when there is NO LOGICAL response avaialable..:salute:

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
So a poor kid that is suddenly a millionaire, and is getting bad advice has head case issues? I dont think so. He lost a coach that loved him, respected him, and also told him how great he is. This coach is also a HOF coach.

His new coach hasnt done shit, and is telling him he wanted another QB, and if he wants to stay he had better work on some things....I dont blame him for getting pissed. If he didnt, he wouldnt have any balls, heart or brains.

You man love affair for Plummer is disgusting BTW. Get a room.

old and disproven comment..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Jay's agent has turned this into something bigger than it should have been. It's all about money now. So do we pay him or trade him? :tsk:

Pay him, We aren't ever going to get another top of the line QB without paying the price for one.

We might as well pay Cutler.. Look at the contract Garrard received last year... Cutler is worth at least as much as Garrard is..

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
He's 25 years old, and has already dealt with much more than most:

Playing a year with diabetes - feeling like crap, losing weight, and not knowing why

Losing the only NFL head coach he ever had

Losing the offensive coordinator - his go between with him and the head coach

New head coach trying to trade him, and then lying to him about it.

this has not been proven josh has said emphatically as has everyone from the broncs that the calls were made to them and they said NO..

no one has proved otherwise..

claymore
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
You are arguing just to argue.

hu uh.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Pay him, We aren't ever going to get another top of the line QB without paying the price for one.

We might as well pay Cutler.. Look at the contract Garrard received last year... Cutler is worth at least as much as Garrard is..

I have no issues in paying him signing him to a contract that has incentive built in and bones that are paid yearly not up front..

Till he can prove he can and WILL handle the new offense he should not be rewarded with a franchise cap/bank account killing contract.. until he earns it..

He has zero on the maturity scale in Dove valley right now.. with his actions over the past 3 months..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Cutler already said he would come to every mandatory practice...

You don't seem to get it, Mcdaniels wants to trade him.. Cutler will be traded by McDaniels well before he gets a chance to actually come to camp.. That is unless Bowlen or Xman steps in..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
IF it was just about the money I would say pay the man but I think its deeper then that.

First show the orgainization that you and coach McDoogie and play nice.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
You are arguing just to argue.

No, I'm just curious why some think that liking Plummer means you hate Cutler. Just a vibe I've picked up with a few comments.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM

You don't seem to get it, Mcdaniels wants to trade him.. Cutler will be traded by McDaniels well before he gets a chance to actually come to camp.. That is unless Bowlen or Xman steps in..

Unjustified and unwarranted comment. No proof

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Shannon talked about the Jay/McD situation on the Fan today - first entry on this link:

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/scottAndAl/podcasts.cfm

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM

I don't think Clay was talking about his play, McDaniels wants Cutler to work at learning how to better kiss his ass..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I have no issues in paying him signing him to a contract that has incentive built in and bones that are paid yearly not up front..

Till he can prove he can and WILL handle the new offense he should not be rewarded with a franchise cap/bank account killing contract.. until he earns it..

He has zero on the maturity scale in Dove valley right now.. with his actions over the past 3 months..

The Rookie we sign this year to the huge deal will not have proven a damn thing, so maybe we should forgo the draft?

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
He was a model citizen until McHitler came to town.

his antics on the sidelines...

only throwing to marshal even though other WR were open...

sulking on the bench...

throwing the defense under the bus...

the pissing contest with rivers..

his comments about hating the mikey firing..

wanting to be involved in the decision making on the new HC..

after Josh acme to town..

bitching about bates leaving ON HIS OWN Accord I might add..

and then everything over the past two Weeks .. well yeah I guess only a homer could see that as a model citizen..

Perhaps your hate for Jake is blinding you..:D

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't think Clay was talking about his play, McDaniels wants Cutler to work at learning how to better kiss his ass..

I imagine coach McDoogie is caught in a pretty bad spot. He has to show leadership and that he is in charge yet he really needs to figure out a way to solve the Jay issue.

He has to solve this issue without losing face in the locker room. Honestly I'm happy its him and not me right now.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
The Rookie we sign this year to the huge deal will not have proven a damn thing, so maybe we should forgo the draft?

which rookie QB is that?

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM
this has not been proven josh has said emphatically as has everyone from the broncs that the calls were made to them and they said NO..

Cutler said McDaniels admitted to him he wanted Cassel and wasn't sorry about it..

Also, on NFL Total access Paul Allan the voice of the Vikings said he was sure the Broncos already called the Vikings to trade Cutler when they were trying to get Cassel.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM

And no one has proved that McD or anyone else siding with him, is telling the truth

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
And no one has proved that McD or anyone else siding with him, is telling the truth

No...just the owner and the GM.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Shannon talked about the Jay/McD situation on the Fan today - first entry on this link:

I thought you said Shanahan.. :laugh:

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I imagine coach McDoogie is caught in a pretty bad spot. He has to show leadership and that he is in charge yet he really needs to figure out a way to solve the Jay issue.

He has to solve this issue without losing face in the locker room. Honestly I'm happy its him and not me right now.

There was a reason Simms signed here over Detroit, I don't believe for a minute McDaniels wants to work this out with Cutler..

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
No...just the owner and the GM.

Find any thing where either the GM or Bowlen has stated that McD only entertained trade talks - but never pursued anything, and then if you find that, also find where it can actually be confirmed, rather than just the top 3 in an organization, saying what needs to be said, to cover up what really happened.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
which rookie QB is that?

QB? As if only QB's are unproven coming out of the draft ;)

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:46 PM

Shanan seems to have his thinking cap on! :salute:

The only fault he put on Cutler is trying to work it out.. He said he should have demanded the trade as soon as he heard McDaniels tried to trade him..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
There was a reason Simms signed here over Detroit, I don't believe for a minute McDaniels wants to work this out with Cutler..

I dont think for a minute any of us know for sure WTH is going on behind closed doors but I'll say if coach McDoogies plan is to deal Cutler and go with Simms he damn well better produce results and fast.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Jay was meeting with Josh for over two weeks before the trade scandle, learning the offense. Josh told Jay that he was the man and was looking forward to working with him.
Jay started trusting Josh.
Then............... Josh tried to trade Jay and said he did. Then........... later, Josh admitted he did try to trade Jay.

He flat out lied to him. So much for the trust that Jay had started to feel with Josh.
If I were Jay I'd feel the same way. I don't blame him for being pissed of. Jay flat out does not trust the guy. Can you blame him?
Now Josh wants Jay back.

As TD says, Jay is now the QB in Denver by default.

Josh is an idiot for dealing with this the way he has. And then......... you want to talk about Jay being immature?
Josh needs to look in the mirror if he want to see immature.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Leinert has a ring....

Yes I'm joking LMAO

Could I have botched this any worse LMAO

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I dont think for a minute any of us know for sure WTH is going on behind closed doors but I'll say if coach McDoogies plan is to deal Cutler and go with Simms he damn well better produce results and fast.

I agree, there is no way any of us could know 100% what is going on..

So if and when McDaniels trades Cutler will you then believe He didn't want Cutler as the Broncos QB?

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
I agree, there is no way any of us could know 100% what is going on..

So if and when McDaniels trades Cutler will you then believe He didn't want Cutler as the Broncos QB?

Oh boy this is about to continue in a circle :)

No I would not belive it. I would think that McD has come to realize that Jay and himself are not going to be able to work together after casselgate.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh boy this is about to continue in a circle :)

No I would not belive it. I would think that McD has come to realize that Jay and himself are not going to be able to work together after casselgate.

Then your mind is made up.. There is nothing that will make you believe Cutler and his agent were right when they said McDaniels made it clear to us he doesn't want Cutler on this team..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Sharp doesn't think Cutler should even come to the mandatory meetings...

He also said he hasn't heard ONE SINGLE person from around the league take McDaniels side on this.

The entire league must be laughing at Bowlen for hiring this ass clown :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM

He also said he hasn't heard ONE SINGLE person from around the league take McDaniels side on this.

Sharp also said something like at first, he felt Jay was wrong, but now, he totally sides with Jay in this, and he was rather critical of Bowlen.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Then your mind is made up.. There is nothing that will make you believe Cutler and his agent were right when they said McDaniels made it clear to us he doesn't want Cutler on this team..

Then why would he and the FO say repeatedly that Jay will not be traded period after the casselgate incident?

Of course the more Cutler stays home and airs his opinons in the press the more McD has a duty to Pat to trade him and get as much loot as he can.

I cant say enough how much I want McD and Cutler to figure things out and Jay to stay here. Next season could be one of the longest in memory without Jay. Yet at some point the damage is too much and there is no way that Pat is going to can McD this offseason.

What I dont get is why both sides leave each meeting with such differnet opinons on how things went. That to me screams Jay has made up his mind he wants out of here.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Sharp also said something that at first, he felt Jay was wrong, but now, he totally sides with Jay in this, and he was rather critical of Bowlen.

I cant hear the clip from here but Sharp coming down on Bowlen and company gives me pause.

Then again as much as I love Sharp he is now in the business of stiring the pot and making stories.

GEM
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM

That was actually Alfred Williams who said he hasn't heard from ONE SINGLE person from around the league...

Just thought I would throw that in there.

I think it's hilarious that Shannon threw it out there that not one single asst from Bellicheat's tree has been successful. That portion was so true and hilarious. I agree....who the hell is this young kid to come in and cause these kind of ripples in an organization. He's never proven anything and for Bowlen to let the kid come in and do this is just nuts.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I cant hear the clip from here but Sharp coming down on Bowlen and company gives me pause.

Then again as much as I love Sharp he is now in the business of stiring the pot and making stories.

In this particular conversation, Sharp said something like he has been accused of being a homer when it comes to the Broncos, and he admitted he is. When you hear the conversation, it is not Shannon wanting to make a story. He told of things that happened to him, and what he said made a lot of sense - not just something he was saying to make a story.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
That was actually Alfred Williams who said he hasn't heard from ONE SINGLE person from around the league...

I think it's hilarious that Shannon threw it out there that not one single asst from Bellicheat's tree has been successful. That portion was so true and hilarious. I agree....who the hell is this young kid to come in and cause these kind of ripples in an organization. He's never proven anything and for Bowlen to let the kid come in and do this is just nuts.

I agree also Gem.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
The recording device is a great idea rather Cook was there or not.. Do you honestly believe McDaniels would agree to that? Seriously? :laugh:

If Cutler released the recording of Saturdays meeting to the press do you think that would help solve this?

I'm willing to bet the employees of the team aren't allowed to record what is said behind closed doors.

yes I do think that it would be allowed .. better to have a recording that both sides have a copy of than an agent that can/will be a "source" of half truths..

do you suppose that jay will insist on having third party present at all times meetings film studies also..

if jay had a recording of the meeting that said what he is asserting/confirming it then I guess any LOGICAL human would have to believe it..

I think that it would be allowed if everyone knows about it up front and it was a condition of the meeting.. with TWO copies made one for both parties..

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM

here we go with the unconfirmed bull shit again.. repeating it will not make it true..

everything I have heard was he is not up for trade nor will the agent be allowed to shop him he is Bronco property.. I believe that was in the Xander statement..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I guess some guy named Sandy Cough from the local denver sports radio just said. Anyone know if this dude has an credibility.

"Bowlen has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

GEM
03-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I guess some guy named Sandy Cough from the local denver sports radio just said. Anyone know if this dude has an credibility.

"Bowlen has the airlines on speed dial and is ready to ship him off to Siberia he is so disgusted with this."

Sandy Clough is the afternoon guy, has been in Denver 20 something years. He's decent enough, but it isn't past him to rumor monger. He's also holding a grudge as is a lot of the guys on 950TheFan that McDumbass has yet to do a local interview with them.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Sandy Clough is the afternoon guy, has been in Denver 20 something years. He's decent enough, but it isn't past him to rumor monger. He's also holding a grudge as is a lot of the guys on 950TheFan that McDumbass has yet to do a local interview with them.

He was talking about Jay Cutler I guess. Bowlin has had it with Jay

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Cutler said McDaniels admitted to him he wanted Cassel and wasn't sorry about it..

Also, on NFL Total access Paul Allan the voice of the Vikings said he was sure the Broncos already called the Vikings to trade Cutler when they were trying to get Cassel.

It is a starech tosay he is going to trade thim fromt eh comnet that they entertained calls about Cassell. and EVEN if he admited he would have like to have him is jay ego taht shattered that he can't understand it?

WHO would not want to have someone they know can do the job opposed to a snot nosed kid that is whinny about mikey getting fired and bates leaving on his own accord..

OK more BS on NFL total access. Were you/he there and did you or he hear this first hand or was it more some one thinking about it..

Or do we know that the viking did not call Xman?

Jesus man Thinka about the total lack of first hand knowledge here everything you see on the INTERNET you believe as Gospel..

step back and breath nothing is going to happen until either Jay whines some more, his agent tells more lies or he shows up at mini camp..

GEM
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
He was talking about Jay Cutler I guess. Bowlin has had it with Jay

He should have had it with his new HC. He started the bs. If Bowlen is too friggen blind to say....Look dumbass...the defense is the problem, get to work, I don't think he can be helped. Take control of your friggen franchise. :yardog:

turftoad

Ship who off? McD or Cutler?

Lonestar

well until you can prove it say it is speculation because that is all it is..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
So if this guy is legit then I would have to think Jay is done for here?

turftoad
03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
here we go with the unconfirmed bull shit again.. repeating it will not make it true..

everything I have heard was he is not up for trade nor will the agent be allowed to shop him he is Bronco property.. I believe that was in the Xander statement..

McD also said two before the trade scenerio that he wouldn't trade Jay. That Jay was the guy.
Then he tried to trade him, denied it, then turned around and admitted it to Jay later.

"Throw up arms".............. what the hell are supposed to believe from this guy?

turftoad
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=Jrwiz;590972]It is a starech tosay he is going to trade thim fromt eh comnet that they entertained calls about Cassell. and EVEN if he admited he would have like to have him is jay ego taht shattered that he can't understand it?

Jim, he did more than entertain calls. He admitted that he tried to trade for Cassel.
He admitted it after he denied it.

He's a lier. Plain and simple, there is no trust there.

GEM
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
So if this guy is legit then I would have to think Jay is done for here?

It would depend...where did he get the info. Because I listen to them all the time, and it seems that since McDumbass came on board, they get their material the same place we do. They don't have inside tracks.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Then why would he and the FO say repeatedly that Jay will not be traded period after the casselgate incident?

Of course the more Cutler stays home and airs his opinons in the press the more McD has a duty to Pat to trade him and get as much loot as he can.

I cant say enough how much I want McD and Cutler to figure things out and Jay to stay here. Next season could be one of the longest in memory without Jay. Yet at some point the damage is too much and there is no way that Pat is going to can McD this offseason.

What I dont get is why both sides leave each meeting with such differnet opinons on how things went. That to me screams Jay has made up his mind he wants out of here.

Then why would Jay have even came to the meeting Saturday night? Why was he in Denver planning on showing up Monday morning if he had already made up his mind he wants out?

It only makes since for McDaniels to try and make Cutler out the bad guy, The Broncos brass are trying to limit the PR hit from this..

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
It would depend...where did he get the info. Because I listen to them all the time, and it seems that since McDumbass came on board, they get their material the same place we do. They don't have inside tracks.

I have no clue. I dont live in Denver so I'm getting this second hand.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Jay was meeting with Josh for over two weeks before the trade scandle, learning the offense. Josh told Jay that he was the man and was looking forward to working with him.
Jay started trusting Josh.
Then............... Josh tried to trade Jay and said he did. Then........... later, Josh admitted he did try to trade Jay.

He flat out lied to him. So much for the trust that Jay had started to feel with Josh.
If I were Jay I'd feel the same way. I don't blame him for being pissed of. Jay flat out does not trust the guy. Can you blame him?
Now Josh wants Jay back.

As TD says, Jay is now the QB in Denver by default.

Josh is an idiot for dealing with this the way he has. And then......... you want to talk about Jay being immature?
Josh needs to look in the mirror if he want to see immature.

what have you disproved in my comment about the calls being made TO the Broncos??

NADA until any one can show me the money on Josh calling someone instead of the other way around.. it is all BS..

Your telling me you would not listen to the trade? Perhaps try to get it sweetened before saying NO?

If you say you would not listen then I'm glad we have Xman and Josh in charge instead of some of the folks on this forum..

Could it have been handled differently sure but that started with jay whining the the news papers instead of talking to the coach.. Does not sound like those two weeks you quotes above built up any trust in this immature twit..

GEM
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
He's on the afternoon show right after Scott Hastings/Alfred Williams show. The same Scott Hastings that went on the Dan Patrick show and called Cutler a crybaby a few days after the story broke. They are fun to listen to but I don't take any of their reports serious until reported on a national level.

The other day they rang in like they had a national headline saying that they had new info on Jay Cutler's situation, then came out with some bs crap as a joke.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Then why would Jay have even came to the meeting Saturday night? Why was he in Denver planning on showing up Monday morning if he had already made up his mind he wants out?

It only makes since for McDaniels to try and make Cutler out the bad guy, The Broncos brass are trying to limit the PR hit from this..

By ruining their trade baits value.

None of this makes sense. Maybe the truth is in the middle Hell I dont know what to think anymore.

I dont think McD has been completely truthful and I think Jay is being a child and getting advice for a blood sucking agent.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Thanks, for the correction.. :salute:

My feed wasn't great and it was a bit choppy. Cutting out from time to time.. I should have caught that it wasn't Sharps voice with his muffled sound.. :lol:

as for the rest. I couldn't agree more, what is Pat thinking?

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
He's on the afternoon show right after Scott Hastings/Alfred Williams show. The same Scott Hastings that went on the Dan Patrick show and called Cutler a crybaby a few days after the story broke. They are fun to listen to but I don't take any of their reports serious until reported on a national level.

The other day they rang in like they had a national headline saying that they had new info on Jay Cutler's situation, then came out with some bs crap as a joke.

Well then that is that we still dont know anything LMAO

Buff
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM

Sandy Clough has been the voice of reason throughout this whole ordeal...

Typically anything he says you can take to the bank.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
yes I do think that it would be allowed .. better to have a recording that both sides have a copy of than an agent that can/will be a "source" of half truths..

do you suppose that jay will insist on having third party present at all times meetings film studies also..

if jay had a recording of the meeting that said what he is asserting/confirming it then I guess any LOGICAL human would have to believe it..

I think that it would be allowed if everyone knows about it up front and it was a condition of the meeting.. with TWO copies made one for both parties..

As I said I like the idea Jr... However, if it has comes to that, is there really any point in having the meeting?

That would be awesome though, an anonymous "source" has released the tape of everything McDaniels actually told Jay Cutler.. Maybe he could have one of what Pat said over the phone as well?

Boy he could ruin the Broncos with something like that.. They would never allow it!

turftoad
03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
what have you disproved in my comment about the calls being made TO the Broncos??

NADA until any one can show me the money on Josh calling someone instead of the other way around.. it is all BS..

Your telling me you would not listen to the trade? Perhaps try to get it sweetened before saying NO?

If you say you would not listen then I'm glad we have Xman and Josh in charge instead of some of the folks on this forum..

Could it have been handled differently sure but that started with jay whining the the news papers instead of talking to the coach.. Does not sound like those two weeks you quotes above built up any trust in this immature twit..

Same exact thing can be said about our NEW coach.

The big thing is, McD tried to trade for Cassel. He admited it. From that point on, it really doesn't matter who made the calls. McD admitted trying to make a trade after denying it.
He's a lier and trying to cover his own ass.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:11 PM
He should have had it with his new HC. He started the bs. If Bowlen is too friggen blind to say....Look dumbass...the defense is the problem, get to work, I don't think he can be helped. Take control of your friggen franchise. :yardog:

just what more can he have done on Defense?

Hired just about eh best DC and coaches available..

He seems to have fixed the DB's...

not much worth having out there on the DLINE...

rookie linebackers can make a huge impact in one year..

he tried to get jay some decent RB's till the draft comes along..

Carol, not much more that he can buy on the open market.. until June and training camps happen.

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM

So when/if they trade Cutler are you going to believe McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler?

What exactly are you saying, are you saying McKid didn't want Cassel? Or maybe he wanted him as a 14 + mill backup :confused:

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:17 PM
It is a starech tosay he is going to trade thim fromt eh comnet that they entertained calls about Cassell. and EVEN if he admited he would have like to have him is jay ego taht shattered that he can't understand it?

WHO would not want to have someone they know can do the job opposed to a snot nosed kid that is whinny about mikey getting fired and bates leaving on his own accord..

OK more BS on NFL total access. Were you/he there and did you or he hear this first hand or was it more some one thinking about it..

Or do we know that the viking did not call Xman?

Jesus man Thinka about the total lack of first hand knowledge here everything you see on the INTERNET you believe as Gospel..

step back and breath nothing is going to happen until either Jay whines some more, his agent tells more lies or he shows up at mini camp..

They weren't talking about what McDaniels did when he said it. They were talking about if the Vikings want Cutler now.. The guy was simply saying the Broncos already called the Vikings about trading Cutler..

If McDaniels did make phone calls to other teams looking for a trade, that changes a lot don't you think? That goes against everything he has ben saying..

fcspikeit
03-17-2009, 05:19 PM
well until you can prove it say it is speculation because that is all it is..

So then, every comment McDaniels has made is also speculation..

I won't expect to see you use anymore speculative quotes from him... :coffee:

turftoad
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Carol, not much more that he can buy on the open market.. until June and training camps happen.
*Fix the DB's??? A bunch of guys on the decline of their careers. We'll have to wait and see on that one. Not impressed.

*We haven't drafted a LB yet. We just brought in an old declining guy.

* Decent RB's?? A broken down guy that hasn't played a full season since he was in high school and two guys that their old teams didn't see fit to sign for probably the vet minimum? Not impressed.

You sure are giving this new guy a lot of credit for doing nothing yet.

His FA's look about the same as Shanny would and could have done.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
So when/if they trade Cutler are you going to believe McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler?

What exactly are you saying, are you saying McKid didn't want Cassel? Or maybe he wanted him as a 14 + mill backup :confused:

if they trade him it is because they have determined that he will not fit into Joshes system.. or he has accrued more in fines than he will make this year for missing mandatory workouts..

OR even better yet they found some mullet out there willing to give them a starting QB and 15 drafts choices.. those are the only scenarios I see for them trading jay at this moment..

as far as wanting Cassell Unless the info I heard about the trades was Cassell for cutler and draft choice.. therefore jay is not the starter.. and Simms is the back up..

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:30 PM
As I said I like the idea Jr... However, if it has comes to that, is there really any point in having the meeting?

That would be awesome though, an anonymous "source" has released the tape of everything McDaniels actually told Jay Cutler.. Maybe he could have one of what Pat said over the phone as well?

Boy he could ruin the Broncos with something like that.. They would never allow it!

Why some time in the future they are going to have to meet.. and talk man to man.. if not then jays time in DEN is done..

the ball will be in his court in April..

I have no doubt in my mind that only one losing his cool in the meeting would be jay.. and if Josh did he would be reprimanded or gone..

Win win for one of our sides..

turftoad
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Why some time in the future they are going to have to meet.. and talk man to man.. if not then jays time in DEN is done..

the ball will be in his court in April..

I have no doubt in my mind that only one losing his cool in the meeting would be jay.. and if Josh did he would be reprimanded or gone..

Win win for one of our sides..

Why would you think Jay would lose his cool. I mean, he said that he wanted to come in and work it out so he could be with his teammates on Monday.

That didn't happen.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Just curious has anyone gotten a reply?

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
lol I didn't yet, but if everyone does and they get enough mail, they will HAVE to respond. The purpose of this thread was to get everyone to drop them a line to fix this ?!@# ASAP.

GEM
03-17-2009, 05:38 PM

If Mike Nolan is the best DC....god, that is pathetic. He's proven himself to be mediocre at best.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Mike Nolan isn't mediocre.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 05:44 PM
lol I didn't yet, but if everyone does and they get enough mail, they will HAVE to respond. The purpose of this thread was to get everyone to drop them a line to fix this ?!@# ASAP.

That would be the best case scenerio.

I sure would hate to trade Jay and watch him lighting it up for another team while we site here with a mediocre QB looking for another franchise QB for next 10 years AGAIN.

claymore
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
That would be the best case scenerio.

I sure would hate to trade Jay and watch him lighting it up for another team while we site here with a mediocre QB looking for another franchise QB for next 10 years AGAIN.

Turf youve been the best Mod during this crisis. I just wanted to throw it out there. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Just curious has anyone gotten a reply?

We have no idea which bucket these emails are even going into - i.e. - will they even reach Bowlen??????

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Same exact thing can be said about our NEW coach.

The big thing is, McD tried to trade for Cassel. He admited it. From that point on, it really doesn't matter who made the calls. McD admitted trying to make a trade after denying it.
He's a lier and trying to cover his own ass.

lets try this again he admitted to listing to a trade.. as far cry from making the call to do so..

I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree.. on Josh or Jay being right..

claymore
03-17-2009, 05:49 PM
We have no idea which bucket these emails are even going into - i.e. - will they even reach Bowlen??????

No. It would take allot.

claymore
03-17-2009, 05:49 PM
lets try this again he admitted to listing to a trade.. as far cry from making the call to do so..

I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree.. on Josh or Jay being right..

Jr... I would like to say that you've been the worst Mod durring this crisis. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Why would you think Jay would lose his cool. I mean, he said that he wanted to come in and work it out so he could be with his teammates on Monday.

That didn't happen.

I believe it was Alfred who said, that two weeks before McD started shopping Jay around, Jay was here - he and McD were doing great together, Jay was studying the playbook, etc. - and THEN the bomb was dropped, and Jay got wind of the bomb :tsk:

turftoad
03-17-2009, 05:53 PM

Here you go JR: He said he DID TRY to trade for Cassel.

This what Josh told Jay.

"Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

That, my friend is McDanials lying.

If you want me to post the whole article I can.

GEM
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Mike Nolan isn't mediocre.

In comparison to Slowik, I guess not. He's not someone to do cartwheels over either.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree GEM. He isn't someone to do cartwheels over. He is someone that is so damn good at what he does, you take a monster truck and attempt to backflip it over a swimming pool filled with people. Got that idea from a guy we like to call Bill "Devil Dog" Devaroe.

claymore
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Mike Nolan is a good insurance policy if your HC tries to trade your budding star QB.

turftoad
03-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Nolan is the ONLY good thing that McD has done thus far.

Oh, besides keeping Bobby Turner.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 06:43 PM

Being devoid of people skills is not being a coach.

But I do agree with a previous post of yours: I don't want a coach who has
so thoroughly painted himself in a corner that he will have to kiss Cutler's ass
to get himself out, either.

So fire the coach and get another one in there . . . :coffee:

-----

topscribe
03-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I think Nolan is the ONLY good thing that McD has done thus far.

Oh, besides keeping Bobby Turner.

You may be right.

So show McDaniels the door and make Nolan the head coach . . .

-----

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:46 PM
You may be right.

So show McDaniels the door and make Nolan the head coach . . .

-----

:rolleyes:

fcspikeit
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
if they trade him it is because they have determined that he will not fit into Joshes system.. or he has accrued more in fines than he will make this year for missing mandatory workouts..

OR even better yet they found some mullet out there willing to give them a starting QB and 15 drafts choices.. those are the only scenarios I see for them trading jay at this moment..

as far as wanting Cassell Unless the info I heard about the trades was Cassell for cutler and draft choice.. therefore jay is not the starter.. and Simms is the back up..

I'm not 100% sure what to make of that?

I'm assuming you mean Cutler would not have been the starter if Cassel were brought in. Is that what your saying?

So again, do you believe McDaniels wanted Cassel?

Cutler already said he was coming to the mandatory meeting Jr. There will be no fines! The only way Cutler wont come to those meetings/practices is if McDaniels wont let him come. McDaniels will not give Cutler the chance to come to any of the meetings or practices unless Pat steps in. McDaniels is going to trade Cutler as he has wanted to do all along...

Cutler is still upset that he could be traded when he left the last meeting. If Denver doesn't trade him he will have no problem playing for the Broncos.. Cutler wants to play for the Broncos! McDaniels is going to trade Cutler, unless someone stops him, make no mistake about it..

Lonestar
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not 100% sure what to make of that?

I'm assuming you mean Cutler would not have been the starter if Cassel were brought in. Is that what your saying?

So again, do you believe McDaniels wanted Cassel?

Cutler already said he was coming to the mandatory meeting Jr. There will be no fines! The only way Cutler wont come to those meetings/practices is if McDaniels wont let him come. McDaniels will not give Cutler the chance to come to any of the meetings or practices unless Pat steps in. McDaniels is going to trade Cutler as he has wanted to do all along...

Cutler is still upset that he could be traded when he left the last meeting. If Denver doesn't trade him he will have no problem playing for the Broncos.. Cutler wants to play for the Broncos! McDaniels is going to trade Cutler, unless someone stops him, make no mistake about it..

let me try it again ..

Originally Posted by Jrwiz

as far as wanting Cassell unless the info I heard about the trades was Cassell for cutler and draft choice.. therefore jay is not the starter.. and Simms is the back up..

if Cassell would have been brought in that means jay would not be here.. because we would have gotten Cassell and drafts choice how is that not clear?..

DO I believe that josh would have liked to have Cassell here sure who would not have wanted to have some they worked with before and would be able to handle the system since obviously he did very well last year..

If you really believe that jay wants to be in den knowing what you know now about his agent.. well then I have some ocean front property here in ELP for sale..

I also do not believe that jay will show up for mandatory practices.. regardless of what he said he has already said he'd have been there for this week for his teammates but we all know that did not happen..

So let agree to disagree on what you think of jay and his agent and how I feel about Josh and the Broncos.. Ok