PDA

View Full Version : Dont trade Cutler, let him sit.

weazel
03-17-2009, 12:07 AM
I say let the punk ass bitch sit and rot at home for 3 years. McDaniels made a huge mistake but Cutler is the one in the wrong now.

I dont care how much it hurts your feelings that a new coach thought about trading you, to sit at home and sulk and demand a trade is just like the little nerd that would take his ball and go home when he didnt get his way.

Don't give him the satisfaction of trading him. Let the child sit at home for the next 3 years and see what he can do after that. It's time to start treating these half-wit man-childs the same that way they act. you want to be a sniveling baby, well go to your room and have a time out.

Next season is an uncapped year, get a QB then and use Simms now. Cutler can rot.

I will put on my flame retardant suit now...

Davii
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
No need for a flame retardent suit. Let it happen i'm with you. If you want to play football you know where we'll be.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
I say let the punk ass bitch sit and rot at home for 3 years. McDaniels made a huge mistake but Cutler is the one in the wrong now.

I dont care how much it hurts your feelings that a new coach thought about trading you, to sit at home and sulk and demand a trade is just like the little nerd that would take his ball and go home when he didnt get his way.

Don't give him the satisfaction of trading him. Let the child sit at home for the next 3 years and see what he can do after that. It's time to start treating these half-wit man-childs the same that way they act. you want to be a sniveling baby, well go to your room and have a time out.

Next season is an uncapped year, get a QB then and use Simms now. Cutler can rot.

I will put on my flame retardant suit now...

as far as that goes suspend his ass with out pay or fine him for Real for every day he misses mini/training camps.. take no prisoners with this baby..

since he signed a contract till 2012 I think he is ours.. to do with as we please..

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
I'd rather have a hungry, eager guy who is still young, capable, wants to prove himself and be a part of the organization like Simms than a selfish whiny little ****. I don't care how much talent you have. The NFL is a business. Everyone forgets but it was Jay who threw fits when Shanahan was fired and he deserved it.

This thing has reached critical mass though. I hope they address this situation for better or worse soon.

Italianmobstr7
03-17-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm tired of all of the Cutler bashing. He's not the one in the wrong here. Mcd lied to him. Then when Cutler came in to talk things through Mcd, instead of giving a vote of confidence told Cutler that he's still tradeable and made Jay feel unwanted. Why try to play some where when the head coach doesn't want you? I'd be pissed too.

Kapaibro
03-17-2009, 12:13 AM
oooooooooooooooooo

controversial...but strangely not the dumbest thing that could happen

Kapaibro
03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm tired of all of the Cutler bashing. He's not the one in the wrong here. Mcd lied to him. Then when Cutler came in to talk things through Mcd, instead of giving a vote of confidence told Cutler that he's still tradeable and made Jay feel unwanted. Why try to play some where when the head coach doesn't want you? I'd be pissed too.

Please. Jay is not a victim.

He is PLAYING the victim very well.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 12:15 AM

One could argue that Jay besmirched McCoach before the trade thing didn't go down.

DenBronx
03-17-2009, 12:15 AM
yeah makes total sense for him to sit on a bench over someone else trying to deal him. in fact dont just let him rot on the bench why not just go ahead and wish that he rots in hell for eternity.

weazel
03-17-2009, 12:18 AM

I wasnt aware that they had released the minutes of the meeting(s). Can you please post what McDaniels said to Jay that made him throw such a tantrum?

You dont know anymore the the rest of us what was said. You dont know what McDaniels said to him, or his agent, rather.

weazel
03-17-2009, 12:21 AM
yeah makes total sense for him to sit on a bench over someone else trying to deal him. in fact dont just let him rot on the bench why not just go ahead and wish that he rots in hell for eternity.

Quebec (Colorado) did this with Lindros and it worked in their favor. They won the championship because of it. They let him rot and waited until they had the perfect offer, instead of just taking the initial offers that came their way. The players they got in return helped them win the cup.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 12:23 AM

there is nothing to prove that Josh Lied to him it is all in jays head..

all that was done was Dove valley fielded calls asking about a trade..

that is a stretch from Josh calling to start the deal..

no smoking anything, but what jay is hearing from his sack of crap agent..

poor jay unwanted because on ore than one occasion I have heard from them he is our QB..

Y'all need to see who is stirring crap and it is cook looking for another payday.. follow the money...

NickelTG
03-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Yea,that will teach him. I'm sure while denver musters 3-4 wins with Chris Sims,Jay Cutler will be sitting on the pine giving a shit and all..

weazel
03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Yea,that will teach him. I'm sure while denver musters 3-4 wins with Chris Sims,Jay Cutler will be sitting on the pine giving a shit and all..

If he didn't care if he was playing, that would make him Ryan Leaf. If you don't think he would hate sitting out 3 years, you have never played a sport. :welcome:

BroncoWave
03-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm for it.

Italianmobstr7
03-17-2009, 12:41 AM
"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," said Cutler. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday] but not now," said Cutler. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

Cutler said, "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because [it] was the second-ranked offense in football," said Cutler. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

Cutler feels like McDaniels lost his credibility with him when he initially denied to the quarterback that the Broncos tried to acquire Cassel only to admit it later.

"Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other," said Cutler. "He's never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?"

Sounds like he was lied to to me. Have none of you read that article? I'm not saying Jay is innocent here. Not returning Bowlens calls, and demanding a trade and all that isn't something I support. All I'm saying is that he has a legitimate reason to be upset. He does need to get over it because when all is said and done, he'll be a Denver Bronco this year. It's only March. They've got a while to work this out.

Especially since the Broncos are still adamant that they won't trade Jay.

"I would have bet my house going into Saturday's meeting that everyone would be shaking hands and smiling," said Cook. "I thought it was going to get worked out. But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

Yet Cook admitted that when he called Xanders to request a trade on Saturday night, the team's general manager said it wasn't going to happen

JKcatch724
03-17-2009, 12:43 AM
This is a MUCH better idea than trading him IMO.

If you think about it, the FO has all the leverage... Jay can kick and scream all he wants, but if we don't want to trade him, we don't have to. He's still under contract with the Denver Broncos, and if he doesn't want to be a Bronco, he can watch as a backup. Or at home.

If it comes down to trading him or doing this (which I'm still hoping it doesn't), screw trading him. I can't think of a time this has ever been done in sports. It would be pretty interesting.

NickelTG
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
If you sit him..His value decreases significantly,and there is no point in paying money for him. If you want what's best for the team,you either deal him or pat his ass.

NickelTG
03-17-2009, 12:52 AM
If he didn't care if he was playing, that would make him Ryan Leaf. If you don't think he would hate sitting out 3 years, you have never played a sport. :welcome:

He is a fierce competitor. Of course it would bother him,but to watch his team fall in agony to "show crybaby cutler" only is doing a "crybaby cutler" type action in itself.

I dunno I guess if I had the choice of smoothing things over and winning 8 games(possibly more with a HEALTHY team),or winning 3-5 tops,because I wanted to be a hardass I'd take the latter..Being a hardass is fine and dandy if you have the guns in the holster to do so..The only thing that is making Mc'D a hardass is he is now a head coach..That won't last forever at this rate.

Thanks for the welcome sign :D

JKcatch724
03-17-2009, 12:57 AM
If you sit him..His value decreases significantly,and there is no point in paying money for him. If you want what's best for the team,you either deal him or pat his ass.

Yeah, but we're more than likely not going to get equal value in a trade right now...

NickelTG
03-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah, but we're more than likely not going to get equal value in a trade right now...

I totally agree..It's not going to happen. Yet,keeping a Pro Bowl qb on the bench will only make Mc'ds look like a bigger idiot while losing. This whole "tough guy image" works fine,when you have a resume at hand..Mc'd doesn't..

It's funny how many posts I read about people saying "its a business jay,get over it..dont whine"...Well now at this point..It's a business get over it Mc'd..Your hand is out in the open,and the only way it's going to get fixed is if he personally decides to fix it..It's a business...You gambled and you lost..You can't get anything relevant for Cutler,and you can't play the hardass card,and still have him be your qb. If he wants to continue coaching in the NFL he doesn't have a lot of options. With Cutler gone the season will be a gaping wound,that didn't have to happen.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 01:27 AM
I just want this to go away for better or worse, with or without Jay, but the easiest thing to do is to just appease Cutler. A disaster like this can just sabotage the whole 2009 season. It's sickening.

dogfish
03-17-2009, 01:44 AM
LMFAO!

:rofl:

yea, bench him-- that'll really "show him". . . :rolleyes:

forget trying to make the most of your assets, it's VENGEANCE TIME, baby!

yea. . . there's some good thinking-- right out of the al davis playbook. . . maybe we can get mcdaniels a ten gallon hat and he can pretend he's john wayne. . . someone needs to tell jay "don't mess with the bull, mister, or you'll get the horns!"

:lol:

seriously, benching him is retarded, and no multi-million dollar business operates that way-- pay the guy to sit on the bench and give us nothing, just to prove a point?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5171/200pxguinessbrilliant.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200pxguinessbrilliant.jpg)

and FTR, you can't suspend a player for "conduct detrimental to the team" for more than four games, nor can you suspend a guy for longer than that even with pay-- so, effectively, the worst you can do is pay him most of his full salary to sit. . . excellent use of the team's cap space! but hey, it's worth millions of dollars to really "show him who's the boss," right? yea. . .

congrats to nickelTG for actually thinking rationally on the issue. . . i'm all for refusing to trade him, but only because he's the best quarterback we can get right now (and likely to be the best we can get for the long run, the guy is extremely productive and hasn't come close to fullfilling his full potential with only 2 1/2 years starting experience). . .

my full thoughts on how the situation should be handled are here:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=588252#post588252

it's lengthy, so i won't re-post it. . . .

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
REALITY TIME

McDaniels is here for 3 years unless he totally blows things up. Until he coaches a season or two...that cant be determined.

McD is in Dove Valley...he is meeting with his team...he is doing what he said he would do and at the very least making an attempt to be the coach regardless of this current mess that NO ONE can say is the fault of one side or another.

Jay has more to lose. His public outcry makes him look horrible to his team, the fans and the NFL in general. His refusal to show up cant possibly show any dedication to his team either...especially when he requests a trade away from the team he says he plays for.

Personally, I'd like to think Jay is above all this and maybe Cook is stirring this pot. Like EVERYONE else here...I dont know and cant possibly know. Th ONLY thing any of us have to go on is what we see. That is McDaniels running the show and Cutler staying home.

In a perfect world they'd sit down with a beer and talk about this and go from there. No feelings would be hurt and understandings could be made. But is it continues like this, Jay is eventually going to alienate himself from his team and decrease his value as a player. The only teams that can afford to offer a deal for his services are worse than us and life on the field will just be that much harder. Not to mention the fact that he'll have an uphill battle winning the respect of his new teammates who can all see how he is acting in the media.

The flip side is Denver's QB position. While it would certainly benefit from having Jay at the helm, it is a spread offense. The great thing about the spread is my 13 year old son could have success as a QB in it. not taking anything away from the skills of Brady or Cassell, but it is a system where almost any QB with a brain can strive. Yes...even Chris Simms could eclipse 3000 yards and 25 TD's.

So at the end of the day...using common sense...Cutler has alot more to lose than Denver does. Does this mean Cutler should get on his knees? No. But I would love to see him maybe try to initiate something instead of being the one waiting for the call.

claymore
03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
REALITY TIME

McDaniels is here for 3 years unless he totally blows things up. Until he coaches a season or two...that cant be determined.

McD is in Dove Valley...he is meeting with his team...he is doing what he said he would do and at the very least making an attempt to be the coach regardless of this current mess that NO ONE can say is the fault of one side or another.

Jay has more to lose. His public outcry makes him look horrible to his team, the fans and the NFL in general. His refusal to show up cant possibly show any dedication to his team either...especially when he requests a trade away from the team he says he plays for.

Personally, I'd like to think Jay is above all this and maybe Cook is stirring this pot. Like EVERYONE else here...I dont know and cant possibly know. Th ONLY thing any of us have to go on is what we see. That is McDaniels running the show and Cutler staying home.

In a perfect world they'd sit down with a beer and talk about this and go from there. No feelings would be hurt and understandings could be made. But is it continues like this, Jay is eventually going to alienate himself from his team and decrease his value as a player. The only teams that can afford to offer a deal for his services are worse than us and life on the field will just be that much harder. Not to mention the fact that he'll have an uphill battle winning the respect of his new teammates who can all see how he is acting in the media.

The flip side is Denver's QB position. While it would certainly benefit from having Jay at the helm, it is a spread offense. The great thing about the spread is my 13 year old son could have success as a QB in it. not taking anything away from the skills of Brady or Cassell, but it is a system where almost any QB with a brain can strive. Yes...even Chris Simms could eclipse 3000 yards and 25 TD's.

So at the end of the day...using common sense...Cutler has alot more to lose than Denver does. Does this mean Cutler should get on his knees? No. But I would love to see him maybe try to initiate something instead of being the one waiting for the call.

If McD starts losing bad with Simms he is toast. You dont alienate your franchise QB/Leader with Chris Simms as your back up plan.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 08:43 AM
If McD starts losing bad with Simms he is toast. You dont alienate your franchise QB/Leader with Chris Simms as your back up plan.

Dude, common sense has completely gone out the window. Are you really going to tell me that McDaniels had the intention of alienating Cutler so that he could start Simms? Hell, did he have the intention of alienating Cutler at all? Or, is it even remotely possible that based on how Jay acted after Shanny and Bates were gone that he merely just looked at an option and Jay took it from there.

This has been my argument from the beginning. I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHY THIS ALL HAPPENED. Niether do you or ANYONE else. To assume either side is at fault is ignorant because NO ONE knows ALL the facts.

BroncoJoe
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Sounds like he was lied to to me. Have none of you read that article? I'm not saying Jay is innocent here. Not returning Bowlens calls, and demanding a trade and all that isn't something I support. All I'm saying is that he has a legitimate reason to be upset. He does need to get over it because when all is said and done, he'll be a Denver Bronco this year. It's only March. They've got a while to work this out.

Especially since the Broncos are still adamant that they won't trade Jay.

Interesting how you conveniently left out everything that McDaniel's said.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
This has been my argument from the beginning. I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHY THIS ALL HAPPENED. Niether do you or ANYONE else. To assume either side is at fault is ignorant because NO ONE knows ALL the facts.

This says it all.

Mike
03-17-2009, 09:05 AM
The retardedness of all this is reaching epic proportions.

claymore
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Dude, common sense has completely gone out the window. Are you really going to tell me that McDaniels had the intention of alienating Cutler so that he could start Simms? Hell, did he have the intention of alienating Cutler at all? Or, is it even remotely possible that based on how Jay acted after Shanny and Bates were gone that he merely just looked at an option and Jay took it from there.

Your right. All we know is that trade discussions happened.

If McDaniels is as innocent as he says he is, then it shouldnt have even made the papers though.

I do not think this was the intended plan. But I want a coach with a little forsight. This is obviously a lack of planning, and a lack of mending.

weazel
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
He is a fierce competitor. Of course it would bother him,but to watch his team fall in agony to "show crybaby cutler" only is doing a "crybaby cutler" type action in itself.

I dunno I guess if I had the choice of smoothing things over and winning 8 games(possibly more with a HEALTHY team),or winning 3-5 tops,because I wanted to be a hardass I'd take the latter..Being a hardass is fine and dandy if you have the guns in the holster to do so..The only thing that is making Mc'D a hardass is he is now a head coach..That won't last forever at this rate.

Thanks for the welcome sign :D

actually, his value goes up. Other teams know that he wants out, they aren't offering up their best offer. If we wait, and I mean truly wait, his value increases as teams need QB's. It worked with Colorado, and Lindros was anequally coveted player as Cutler is in his sport.

If they waited, they would get alot more tools down the road.

weazel
03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
LMFAO!

:rofl:

yea, bench him-- that'll really "show him". . . :rolleyes:

forget trying to make the most of your assets, it's VENGEANCE TIME, baby!

yea. . . there's some good thinking-- right out of the al davis playbook. . . maybe we can get mcdaniels a ten gallon hat and he can pretend he's john wayne. . . someone needs to tell jay "don't mess with the bull, mister, or you'll get the horns!"

:lol:

seriously, benching him is retarded, and no multi-million dollar business operates that way-- pay the guy to sit on the bench and give us nothing, just to prove a point?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5171/200pxguinessbrilliant.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200pxguinessbrilliant.jpg)

and FTR, you can't suspend a player for "conduct detrimental to the team" for more than four games, nor can you suspend a guy for longer than that even with pay-- so, effectively, the worst you can do is pay him most of his full salary to sit. . . excellent use of the team's cap space! but hey, it's worth millions of dollars to really "show him who's the boss," right? yea. . .

congrats to nickelTG for actually thinking rationally on the issue. . . i'm all for refusing to trade him, but only because he's the best quarterback we can get right now (and likely to be the best we can get for the long run, the guy is extremely productive and hasn't come close to fullfilling his full potential with only 2 1/2 years starting experience). . .

my full thoughts on how the situation should be handled are here:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=588252#post588252

it's lengthy, so i won't re-post it. . . .

its not vengeance. Its about leverage. You want out, you sit and wait until we get the offer that we want. Were not trading you just to trade you.

Sorry you couldn't comprehend the post.

Man some guys on this board are so self absorbed, get over yourself

weazel
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM

really? Colorado did it, and won the cup because of it.

Northman
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM

Why play for a Coach who doesnt want you right?

On the flipside, why would Coach McD want Jay when he publically said he wasnt pleased at all about Shanahan being fired? Where's the vote of confidence in McD at that point? Jay hasnt even tried to give him a chance at to coaching him before crying and whining about Shanny and Bates. So if im McD i would be a little pissed that my QB doesnt have faith in me before i even take the field with him.

These were said December 30th by Cutler, long before the trade talks of Jay even began.

"I'm disappointed, I'm shocked, I'm not happy about it, I'm not pleased with it at all,"Regarding Shanahan.

"But to lose all of our offensive coaches, too, that would be a big thing. Guys like Jeremy (Bates), (receivers coach Jedd) Fisch, that would be a step back for us, in my mind."

At this point Jay has already gotten it in his head that Denver will fail before even allowing McD to work with him. I can see why McD might want to go another route when your star Qb doesnt even want to give you a chance off the bat.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
People forgot about that Northman... Maybe Rorshach can go kick some ass in Dove Valley.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM

On the flipside, why would Coach McD want Jay when he publically said he wasnt pleased at all about Shanahan being fired? Where's the vote of confidence in McD at that point? Jay hasnt even tried to give him a chance at to coaching him before crying and whining about Shanny and Bates. So if im McD i would be a little pissed that my QB doesnt have faith in me before i even take the field with him.

These were said December 30th by Cutler, long before the trade talks of Jay even began.

Regarding Shanahan.

At this point Jay has already gotten it in his head that Denver will fail before even allowing McD to work with him. I can see why McD might want to go another route when your star Qb doesnt even want to give you a chance off the bat.

Nice. I'm glad someone took the time to dig up those quotes and it does prove a BIG point in at least beginning to understand why McD would CONSIDER the Cassell trade.

Mike
03-17-2009, 09:36 AM

Regarding Shanahan.

Was that before or after the McD hire? Has he made comments like that since McD was brought in?

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Was that before or after the McD hire? Has he made comments like that since McD was brought in?

I dont think it was said after McD was here, but nevertheless, the comments lead one to believe Jay wouldnt be happy with any change. He didnt even give the organization time to appease him before he said all that.

I think the key is that Jay should probably just stay away from the media when things happen. it would probably go a long way towards making him look alot better amidst adversity.

Northman
03-17-2009, 09:41 AM
People forgot about that Northman... Maybe Rorshach can go kick some ass in Dove Valley.

Well, i hate to be nit picky because i know how much Jay liked Shanahan. But when you make an arguement about the new Coach is not giving Jay a chance to prove himself and yet forget that it was Jay (no other player on the team) who publically criticized the firing of the guy your replacing it would kind of make me feel like "wow, this kid isnt even going to give me a chance here".

I mean, i would of still done what i could to convince him to be my guy but knowing Jay and his stubborness i can start to see why McD toyed with the idea. At the end of the day both of these guys will have to either learn to like each other (which could still happen) or we just simply unload Jay and move forward.

Frankly, i dont give a shit which. This isnt John Elway here so im not going to lose that much sleep over it. Im a Bronco fan first and foremost. I'll wish Jay luck in place he may go but i as a fan am not going to cater to his crying when he is the first one too start all this nonsense by opening the can of worms crying about who should stay or go on the coaching staff. As i said yesterday, if Jay even gives a shit about his teammates he will do his thing and prove to McD that he was wrong about him and vice versa. If not, see ya later gator.........errr Boilermaker.

Mike
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I dont think it was said after McD was here, but nevertheless, the comments lead one to believe Jay wouldnt be happy with any change. He didnt even give the organization time to appease him before he said all that.

I think the key is that Jay should probably just stay away from the media when things happen. it would probably go a long way towards making him look alot better amidst adversity.

I definitely agree with the last.

As to the first, he was shocked (as we all were) about losing his coach. The coach that in all appearances catered to him. A lot of people respond to change negatively but their remarks just aren't recorded. Given time people usually change their opinion. Jay seemed to have changed his opinion about the change up until a few weeks ago.

Northman
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM

A week before. But does it matter? Jay feels the way Jay feels because once Bates was gone he was already going to be hard headed with whomever was coming in.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I definitely agree with the last.

As to the first, he was shocked (as we all were) about losing his coach. The coach that in all appearances catered to him. A lot of people respond to change negatively but their remarks just aren't recorded. Given time people usually change their opinion. Jay seemed to have changed his opinion about the change up until a few weeks ago.

I can understand the shock, but it might be smarter to keep that to yourself until you know what the change will bring.

I cant say for certain, but I guess if I had a player that was upset the old coach was gone regardless of who replaced him, I would listen to trade offers as well. Again, we have no clue what happened in the first meetings between Josh and jay. For all we know, Jay was stubborn about things and it prompted Josh to look at the offer. Again...like everything else...we have no clue and cant assume anything without ignorance.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I like letting him sit (at least initially) better than I like nearly all the packages many fans here are eager to let Cutler walk for. Second-rate QBs, first-round picks we have no idea if our shiny-new-but-probably-not-better draft deciders can convert.

Plenty of teams have ignored the trade pleas of extremely disgruntled players. Hell, Boldin played all year at a high level while calling his team liars--and the Cards went to the Super Bowl. LJ has been asking for a trade for awhile.

While major distractions, not responding to a player's trade request is often the best decision for a team.

Flatinum
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Trade him to Detroit and let him continue his streak of losing seasons as a starting QB. The fans there can blame the rest of the team instead of Jay for the teams misfortunes (just like many Broncos fans do). Jaysus will be wanting out of there too by mid season.

I'd still rather be the Broncos with an extra 1st rounder than the lowly Lions with a loose cannon, pouting qb.

G_Money
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM

He seems to have a version of Curt Schilling disease - I will say whatever comes into my head if you call me up and ask me a question.

It's different in baseball. Guys can do that, because in the end it's a one-on-one sport. One pitcher, one batter, and the other guys are on the field to stop the ball from rolling all over the place and make the game go faster.

Boo Weekley has the same disease, but he's a rube who plays an individual sport (golf). Doesn't matter.

In football? Yeah, Cutler should probably stop fielding press calls when stuff comes up. Say it to your friends, Jay, not the world, so the other 50 guys in the locker room don't have to try to work around whatever it is you said while also trying to get on the same page.

~G

MadMax
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Don't forget the whole not being at the his introductory press conference and not taking McD's calls for a week thing. People said he was on vacation but I'm sorry if you really value the team above all, you make some sacrifices to at least give the appearance that everything is on the up and up. Even if Jay has tons of problems to voice he should have dealt with them behind closed doors.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM

I can honestly say if it were me...the MILLIONS of dollars i am getting would help me look past being lied to.

NickelTG
03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
actually, his value goes up. Other teams know that he wants out, they aren't offering up their best offer. If we wait, and I mean truly wait, his value increases as teams need QB's. It worked with Colorado, and Lindros was anequally coveted player as Cutler is in his sport.

If they waited, they would get alot more tools down the road.

If a player doesn't play for an entire season,his stock isn't going to go up. Regardless of caliber...You can't just omit a year of not playing,and act like it didn't happen. There will be a whole new set of questions.."how good is cutler now that he has rode the bench all year...how rusty is he..is his heart still in football?"....

weazel
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
If a player doesn't play for an entire season,his stock isn't going to go up. Regardless of caliber...You can't just omit a year of not playing,and act like it didn't happen. There will be a whole new set of questions.."how good is cutler now that he has rode the bench all year...how rusty is he..is his heart still in football?"....

exactly!!!! wow, someone got it! He isn't going to sit around for three seasons. If he wants to play, he will. If not, oh well, go have a warm bottle of milk.

Kapaibro
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I like this article Link (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14400754/)

I’m giving Jay Cutler the benefit of the doubt. I’m assuming that when the Denver Broncos’ quarterback met with Josh McDaniels, the new head coach questioned his manhood, his ancestry, his leadership qualities, his haircut, his choice in footwear, his position on the bank bailouts and his take on the finale of “The Bachelor.”

All of that, and more, may be true. I just wonder how wise it is for Cutler to issue a public demand to be traded, and how it will impact his future.

What will life be like at Cutler’s next outpost? If he is traded to, say, Tampa Bay, or Detroit, or Cleveland, will he go there only with the assurance that he will be the starting quarterback? And if he does go in as the No. 1 man somewhere else, and he falters, will he issue another trade demand if his next team decides they want to bring in some competition?

For a professional athlete, what you don’t want to become known as is a guy who is entitled. Instead, you want to establish a reputation as a competition addict, someone who says, “Bring it on” when his status is threatened. That type of person makes the best on-field leader.

Whether he handled it with kindness or with a cudgel, McDaniels was within his rights to try and acquire Matt Cassel when he had the chance, if he believed it would make the Broncos a better team. When it didn’t happen, Cutler should have said, “I’ll show you,” and gone out and competed.

Instead, he threw a tantrum, and that makes me wonder what kind of career he will have elsewhere if his reaction to a personal challenge is to storm off in a huff.

Actually, perhaps McDaniels saw something in Cutler that most of the public didn’t see, and that’s why he wanted to replace him.

weazel
03-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I like this article Link (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14400754/)

I’m giving Jay Cutler the benefit of the doubt. I’m assuming that when the Denver Broncos’ quarterback met with Josh McDaniels, the new head coach questioned his manhood, his ancestry, his leadership qualities, his haircut, his choice in footwear, his position on the bank bailouts and his take on the finale of “The Bachelor.”

All of that, and more, may be true. I just wonder how wise it is for Cutler to issue a public demand to be traded, and how it will impact his future.

What will life be like at Cutler’s next outpost? If he is traded to, say, Tampa Bay, or Detroit, or Cleveland, will he go there only with the assurance that he will be the starting quarterback? And if he does go in as the No. 1 man somewhere else, and he falters, will he issue another trade demand if his next team decides they want to bring in some competition?

For a professional athlete, what you don’t want to become known as is a guy who is entitled. Instead, you want to establish a reputation as a competition addict, someone who says, “Bring it on” when his status is threatened. That type of person makes the best on-field leader.

Whether he handled it with kindness or with a cudgel, McDaniels was within his rights to try and acquire Matt Cassel when he had the chance, if he believed it would make the Broncos a better team. When it didn’t happen, Cutler should have said, “I’ll show you,” and gone out and competed.

Instead, he threw a tantrum, and that makes me wonder what kind of career he will have elsewhere if his reaction to a personal challenge is to storm off in a huff.

Actually, perhaps McDaniels saw something in Cutler that most of the public didn’t see, and that’s why he wanted to replace him.

perfect.

this is exactly what I am saying.