PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

gnomeflinger
02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
For those who like Star Trek, which of the movies did you like the best, and worst?

Canmore
02-17-2012, 11:50 PM
For those who like Star Trek, which of the movies did you like the best, and worst?

I love Star Trek and the best film of the group had to be Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. All of them were fun but that is definitely my favorite.

MOtorboat
02-18-2012, 12:05 AM
The most recent. It's the least worst.

G_Money
02-18-2012, 02:05 AM
1 - Scenic, very much an ocean journey in space, loooong, high-concept, lots of time just watching the screen with nothing happening. GREAT score.
Rating: 5 on a 1-10 scale (with 10 being the best of all qualities possessed by Star Trek movies, and a 1 being the worst POS possible in primary-colored uniforms)

2 - Shakespearean melodrama and magnificent overacting, good character interplay, best villain, finding their stride in story-telling, deliberate bridge to #3, mega-awesome 80s hair.
Rating: 9

3) Doc Brown as a Klingon, more good character work, slightly lamentable "bad guy lair falling down" plot points, nice flip side to the Spock quote in 2... quite workable
Rating: 6

4) Hilarious. Funniest of them all, hippie mission but well intentioned, interesting social commentary and a total departure from the 3 that came before. A welcome break.
Rating: 7

5) Eh. More good character work, weak villain and forced familial by-play, plot feels changed as you watch it and makes you wonder how it was supposed to end originally.
Rating: 4

6) Eh. Good villain, but a bit of a copy of 2. Decent character work, forced plot, some ideas that work and others that don't, and I think the original ending would have been better.
Rating: 5

7) First with the new cast, atrocious screenplay, barfable villain, GIANT suckfest plot holes, bad chemistry, even the music was crap.
Rating: 2

8) Great villain, fully realized cast out from under the shadow of the original cast, felt like a great Trek romp even if some of the elements were a bit wishy-washy.
Rating: 8

9) mostly neutered the rest of the crew, had a snooze-worthy plot and story, and bored the shit out of me.
Rating: 3

10) I love Tom Hardy. Tom Hardy could not make this movie watchable.
Rating: 3

11) Reboot, new actors as original cast characters, good villain, enjoyable plot that changes the structure of the universe (even with plot holes and conventions) and great embodiments of iconic characters. And it has Bruce Greenwood, so rock on.
Rating: 8

~G

G_Money
02-18-2012, 02:10 AM
PS - Forbidden Planet is better than all of em. Just sayin'.

~G

gnomeflinger
02-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I love you G.

Northman
02-18-2012, 02:15 PM
My favorite (and its not even close) is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

The worst was the very first one just because it was slow and boring.

gnomeflinger
02-18-2012, 07:52 PM
My favorite part of the 3rd movie was just after Kirk's son was killed by the Klingons, Kirk said, "you killed MY SON you Klingon ********!" The next frame he shook it off and went back to business. I was entertained by the lack of emotion in that sequence.