PDA

View Full Version : Solomon Wilcox, Rod Woodson, Charles Davis on Cutler

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
All three of these guys say McDaniels is the bozo in all this.

Say what you want, when it comes to listening to Peter King, Woody Paige, Mike Kliz, or any other newsmedia pundit, I'll take the players over the media ANYDAY.

Especially when you hear it from a classy, HOF corner like Rod Woodson.

He said McDaniels comes into the franchise, doesnt have a resume at all as a headcoach, walks into a storied franchise like the Broncos, who have the number 2 offense, and the worse defense, and the first thing the clown does is try and trade the BEST player on the roster. Why not just focus on fixing the DEFENSE?

Not a good way to win over the other players in that lockeroom.

Wilcox and Davis both chime in on the side of Cutler, and said the Broncos are dumb if they trade him, and there are a slew of GMs who are salivating over the chance to get Cutler.

I sure hope we dont prove to be dumb.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I saw that also.

They said that Cutler is probably the 5th best QB in the entire NFL!

Thanks for the great post dude :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
It's a shocker that former players take the side of the...player. When some head coaches begin to say the same, I'll give it some credence.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, and there have been other NFL Players and people from the league who have said the exact opposite. Way to cherry-pick!

JONtheBRONCO
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Because he probably is the 5th best QB in the league. Terrell Owens is probably one of the best players at his position. The point here isn't his talent, thats not even in question, nor is the argument McDaniels might have screwed up by

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Bus Cook is currently in Buffalo. He has no clients that are members of the Buffalo Bills.

A sign??

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Hmmmmmmmm wonder why they would by on cutlers side.

Most folks do not have all the facts chiming. Only empowers BUSS more.

Dean
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
It's a shocker that former players take the side of the...player. When some head coaches begin to say the same, I'll give it some credence. :confused:

Are you sure that is what you would do?

Yeah, and there have been other NFL Players and people from the league who have said the exact opposite. Way to cherry-pick!

Go ahead and cherry pick away. I would be interested in what you find.

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 08:38 PM

Yep. Mike Golic and Tim Hasselbeck were both criticizing Cutler on NFL Live today.

claymore
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Woodson is a DB, but I respect Wilcox and davis.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
All three of these guys say McDaniels is the bozo in all this.

Say what you want, when it comes to listening to Peter King, Woody Paige, Mike Kliz, or any other newsmedia pundit, I'll take the players over the media ANYDAY.

Especially when you hear it from a classy, HOF corner like Rod Woodson.

He said McDaniels comes into the franchise, doesnt have a resume at all as a headcoach, walks into a storied franchise like the Broncos, who have the number 2 offense, and the worse defense, and the first thing the clown does is try and trade the BEST player on the roster. Why not just focus on fixing the DEFENSE?

Not a good way to win over the other players in that lockeroom.

Wilcox and Davis both chime in on the side of Cutler, and said the Broncos are dumb if they trade him, and there are a slew of GMs who are salivating over the chance to get Cutler.

I sure hope we dont prove to be dumb.

Yeah I just watched it.. I was surprised Woodson would take Cutler's side. He normally is big on pointing out QB's are babies every chance he gets..

Did you watch Bruce Allan the voice of the Vikings on the same total Access?

Rich and he were talking about Cutler coming to Minn and he said he was sure the Broncos already called the Vikings about trading Cutler when they were trying to get Cassell.. No one picked up on it but McLiar has been saying all along Denver never called anyone, all they did was receive phone calls about the trade..

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Yep. Mike Golic and Tim Hasselbeck were both criticizing Cutler on NFL Live today.

Golic sided with Cutler, but thinks he should move forward. Thats a personal call.

And besides, everyone has their take on it all, whether pro Cutler or pro McDuck, and I know we all feel free to voice our opinions.:coffee:

As I said, I'll side with the players on this one.

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Golic sided with Cutler, but thinks he should move forward. Thats a personal call.

And besides, everyone has their take on it all, whether pro Cutler or pro McDuck, and I know we all feel free to voice our opinions.:coffee:

As I said, I'll side with the players that agree with me on this one.

Fixed.

hamrob
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Agreed. McDaniels had an oppurtunity...and IMO still has that oppurtunity...to take the high road. He can fix this with Cutler. All he has to do is fly out to see Jay and tell him he wants him as his QB. The players would respect him...the media would say, hey the guy took the high road. And, if JC rebuffed him...then, you know what...that would be it.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM
A great point was made toward Cutler today. Saying something to the affect of Cutler isn't untradeable, Champ was in his prime when he was traded from washington to us.

claymore
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Agreed. McDaniels had an oppurtunity...and IMO still has that oppurtunity...to take the high road. He can fix this with Cutler. All he has to do is fly out to see Jay and tell him he wants him as his QB. The players would respect him...the media would say, hey the guy took the high road. And, if JC rebuffed him...then, you know what...that would be it.

Unless McDaniels was a DB and flew out there to tell Cutler he is tradeable still. Then McDaniels wouls still be a DB.Other that that I agree.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
A great point was made toward Cutler today. Saying something to the affect of Cutler isn't untradeable, Champ was in his prime when he was traded from washington to us.

Champ Bailey isnt or ever was a franchise Quarterback. Champ Bailey was not the face of the Washington Redskins.

Your example is irrelevant...

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Unless McDaniels was a DB and flew out there to tell Cutler he is tradeable still. Then McDaniels wouls still be a DB.Other that that I agree.

I will always view McDaniels as a d-bag....no matter what.

But if he fixes this situation between himself and Cutler...i will gain a little respect for the dumbass...

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Go ahead and cherry pick away. I would be interested in what you find.

I just called Brandon Marshall and he said Cutler needs to stop being a baby.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I just called Brandon Marshall and he said Cutler needs to stop being a baby.

that's the best you got?

:rolleyes:.................:coffee:

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Next time I see Matt Forte around campus I'll ask him what he thinks. It'll be interesting to get a current player's prospective who's around the same age as Cutler.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Next time I see Matt Forte around campus I'll ask him what he thinks. It'll be interesting to get a current player's prospective who's around the same age as Cutler.

Forte:

"I dont care. I'm a Chicago Bear. Although I can say that I really wish WE had a franchise Quarterback to take some pressure off of me. It baffles me that McDaniels is that stupid to want to get rid of one of the most talented Quarterbacks in the entire NFL! LMFAO!"

:tsk:

elsid13
03-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Champ had reached the end of his deal, was franchised and told the skins that he wasn't going to sign another long term deal with them. There was a difference.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Champ Bailey isnt or ever was a franchise Quarterback. Champ Bailey was not the face of the Washington Redskins.

Your example is irrelevant...

really who was the face of the redskins then? as i recall they were becoming notorious for their man to man cover corners. your example of champ not being a francise QB is irrelevent. Hasn't a francise QB been traded before? Right that's what i thought.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
really who was the face of the redskins then? as i recall they were becoming notorious for their man to man cover corners. your example of champ not being a francise QB is irrelevent. Hasn't a francise QB been traded before? Right that's what i thought.

Champ Bailey's deal had ended. The Redskins franchised him and traded him...kind of like with what happened to Matt Cassel and what may happen to Julius Peppers.

I really dont recall the last time a franchise quarterback, who hadn't even reached his prime, has 3 years left on his contract, and because of circumstances like this, was traded under these conditions.

Like I said...your Champ Bailey example is irrelevant

LoyalSoldier
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Except we traded a premier RB for a premier CB. You aren't going to get the same in return for Cutler.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM

Yeah, and how long have we ridiculed the Skins for that?

Unlike Cutler, Portis went to Shanahan and manned up.....He said, " I want to be the highest paid RB in the league, cause I think Im the best player."

Shanahan said, 'OK, thats your personal right, no problem. However, we cannot pay you like that, but since you feel like you are that good, go get us a top ten draft pick.

They came back with Champ and a second.

DONE!

Elway was traded as well.

Pretty smart people.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I will always view McDaniels as a d-bag....no matter what.

pretty much makes your whole take on the situation irrelevant, don't it.

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Forte:

"I dont care. I'm a Chicago Bear. Although I can say that I really wish WE had a franchise Quarterback to take some pressure off of me. It baffles me that McDaniels is that stupid to want to get rid of one of the most talented Quarterbacks in the entire NFL! LMFAO!"

:tsk:

From the brief conversations I've had with Forte he seems much to classy to say that. Perhaps Cutler should take a lesson.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
From the brief conversations I've had with Forte he seems much to classy to say that. Perhaps Cutler should take a lesson.

Well at least we can still take Cutler at his word, which we cannot say about our headcoach.

Right?:coffee:

Zweems56
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
pretty much makes your whole take on the situation irrelevant, don't it.

Basically