PDA

View Full Version : Its a new day !

Superchop 7
02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr.
Foundation says Broncos ex-owner has died
DAN ELLIOTT, The Associated Press

DENVER (AP) — Former Denver Broncos owner Edgar F. Kaiser Jr., who oversaw the trade that brought Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway to Denver, has died, according to a charitable foundation Kaiser established.

The Kaiser Foundation of Vancouver, British Columbia, said in a press release that Kaiser died Wednesday. The cause of death wasn't immediately known, and calls to the foundation were not returned Saturday.

The Vancouver Sun reported Kaiser was in Toronto when he died.

Kaiser was a businessman and philanthropist who lived in Vancouver. The Kaiser Foundation advocates on substance-abuse issues.

He owned the Broncos when the team obtained Elway in a trade with Baltimore.

"He was responsible for executing the trade that made me a Bronco, and I am forever grateful for everything he did for me," Elway said in a statement released by the team in Foxborough, Mass., ahead of a Saturday playoff game against the New England Patriots.

"My thoughts are with the entire Kaiser family and his friends as they mourn their loss," said Elway, now the team's executive vice president for football operations.

Kaiser sold his 60.8 percent share of the Broncos to the current owner, Pat Bowlen, in 1984. Later, he lost a court battle over the right to buy back a stake in the team.

"On behalf of the Denver Broncos, I extend our sincere condolences to the family of Edgar Kaiser," Bowlen said in a statement released by the team.

"I have enormous appreciation for the opportunity Edgar gave me to become owner of this great franchise in 1984. Our deepest sympathies go out to Edgar's family during this difficult time."

Kaiser had served as CEO of Kaiser Resources Ltd. and as chairman and CEO of the Bank of British Columbia.

British Columbia Premier Christy Clark offered condolences to Kaiser's family.

"In British Columbia we knew Edgar as a financier and executive in the resource sector, but many more both here at home and around the globe were encouraged and inspired by his compassion and generosity," Clark said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK.....heres the deal,

I have been waiting for this scumbag to die.

He screwed Pat out of millions......he put John Elway on the stand and had his lawyer lable him a loser.

I am glad you are dead.

Pat has been our owner for years, despite lawsuits from this maniac, if you want to remember Pat for something when he dies......THAT MAN STOOD HIS GROUND.

Ziggy
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, at least Elway and Bowlen showed respect. Stay classy Superchop.

hotcarl
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
didn't read a single word

BroncoJoe
02-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Didn't this happen like a month ago?

spikerman
02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
OK.....heres the deal,

I have been waiting for this scumbag to die.

He screwed Pat out of millions......he put John Elway on the stand and had his lawyer lable him a loser.

I am glad you are dead.

Pat has been our owner for years, despite lawsuits from this maniac, if you want to remember Pat for something when he dies......THAT MAN STOOD HIS GROUND.

Wow..... just.... wow. :tsk:

spikerman
02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
didn't read a single word

I'm jealous of you.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Didn't this happen like a month ago?

Yep - January 11th

WARHORSE
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. Some, like myself, more than others.

Regardless of the things Kaiser did that didnt sit well with some Broncos fans, I think its real easy to judge a man according to what you see.

But unless you were shaped through the same experiences that he walked through in his life, none of us can accurately make any kind of assessment of where the man stands.

Kaiser is dead, as we all will be one day. Perhaps a prayer of comfort for his family at this time.

He was more than just a former owner of the Denver Broncos to his family.

tomjonesrocks
02-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I missed the news. Does this mean Elway can become a part owner now? I though Kaiser was the reason he couldn't before.