PDA

View Full Version : McDaniel's: "I'll take care of it"

Northman
03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
McDaniels: I'll take care of it
By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post

New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels met with his team for the first time this morning as a group and addressed his ongoing feud with quarterback Jay Cutler, who did not attend the meeting and has asked to be traded.

"He said, "I'll take care of it,' and that's pretty much it," said defensive lineman Kenny Peterson. "(As players), you can't control it. You got to control what you can control.

"Let them handle that. My job is to play D-Line and that's it. I don't know the ramifications of what's going on with that. It's a business. Let them handle it, let (management) deal with it."

Peterson said players were eager to begin workouts this week for their new coaches.

"Definitely exciting, definitely you can see the changes, along the walls, the new faces in the locker room. New beginning. Day One."

As for what McDaniels talked about, Peterson said, "Just his philosophy of how he's going to conduct things and what he expects of us as players. Pretty much the basics. He's the head coach. He could be 20, 40, 50, 60 years old, he's the head coach, and he's going to get the respect. He's very methodical, very articulate. I have nothing but respect for him."

Veteran cornerback Andre' Goodman, recently signed as a free agent, said McDaniels asked the players not to talk about what he said in the meeting about Cutler.

As for the controversy in general, with Cutler trying to force a trade after feeling disrespected, he said, "This is nothing new for me. I'm not shocked that a lot is going on, because every team in the league is adjusting. For me, it's not big deal."

He did add, however, that not having Cutler around is a big issue.

"The quarterback is the face of the team," Goodman said. "When you take the coach out of it, (the QB) is the face of the team. Everybody will tell you it starts with the quarterback."

He said it's up to the players to not be distracted by what's happening between McDaniels and Cutler.

"It's only hard if you allow it to be hard," he said. "If you're a professional you don't allow it to be hard. It's all about the approach you take as individuals."

McDaniels told The Denver Post Sunday night that he wants to talk to Cutler further before considering a trade.

"I would like to talk to Jay before we go on and start to discuss some other type of alternative," McDaniels said. "In the last couple weeks, we've been all about trying to communicate and resolve his unhappiness with what happened — which we understand — and that's been our direction."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11924596

tomjonesrocks
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Peterson the go-to guy when you need to know what's going on in the locker room.

I now rest easy knowing Peterson, the heart and soul of the team, is on board...

Just ridiculous.

Northman
03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, i caught Peterson's and Royal's interviews on ESPN. Royal said he is close to Jay but that he also likes McDaniels and says Jay will do what Jay wants to do but believes it all will be resolved in the end. Something to ponder.

frauschieze
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Peterson the go-to guy when you need to know what's going on in the locker room.

I now rest easy knowing Peterson, the heart and soul of the team, is on board...

Just ridiculous.

Peterson is on board because he got resigned and was McDaniels' childhood friend. I just can't get excited about that at all.

JKcatch724
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Well that's reassuring. :lol:

I'll take Massive Understatements for 500, Alex.

"I'll take care of it." That's classic.

dogfish
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
McDaniel's: "I'll take care of it"

Dogfish: "You better"

claymore
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
If he "Takes care of it" he is instant super star in Denver. I hope all this was planned. :drinking:

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
honestly, i think the only way to take care of anything is actually give cutler a new deal. that would put all of this to rest.

claymore
03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
honestly, i think the only way to take care of anything is actually give cutler a new deal. that would put all of this to rest.

I like to believe in conspiracies, and I hope our organization found a cheap way to use unused cap money at Cutler and resigns him/contract extension with monies this year.

JKcatch724
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
If he "Takes care of it" he is instant super star in Denver. I hope all this was planned. :drinking:

I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to start a thread here laughing at how bad we've been Punk'd.

*looks into camera*

"Ohhhhh you got us good Ashton! Jay and Josh, you little rascals!!!"

*tears of relief*

"I thought we were actually going to have to start Chris Simms!"

*looks back into camera*

"Bus Cook, I still hate you."

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I like to believe in conspiracies, and I hope our organization found a cheap way to use unused cap money at Cutler and resigns him/contract extension with monies this year.

makes sense. at least throw in some performance boneses for the guy. its sad the chris simms is making more than j-cut.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, he's taking care of it alright. :tsk:

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Much ado about NADA. If they can talk to Jay 1 on 1 without his string puller things may happen if not then Jay is traded or warms the bench...
One wonders if jay would talk to brady or cassell he would feel better about Josh.

Or if it is only about money for bus the word on the street is non of the upcoming qb's want anything to do with because of Brett and Brett II.

keithbishop
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
McDaniel's: "I'll take care of it"
Dogfish: "You better"

Too bad McDaniels said it, not Batman, Jack Bauer, Chuck Norris, or Jackie Chan. I'd feel better. ;)

Davii
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, he's taking care of it alright. :tsk:

Couldn't you tell how great a job he's done?

I officially can't stand McDaniels, I might come around on the guy eventually, but for right now I think he has managed to take what was a great offense that was only going to get better and smash it to smithereens.

I'm mad at all parties involved, McD for being an asshat, Mr. "I call the shots" Bowlen for not putting his foot down and ending this charade once and for all, Jay for stomping his feet and pouting, and Bus Cook for being a money hungry piece of trash.

Thank god i'm deploying before the regular season starts.

BroncoJoe
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Chris Simms is my new hero.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Couldn't you tell how great a job he's done?

I officially can't stand McDaniels, I might come around on the guy eventually, but for right now I think he has managed to take what was a great offense that was only going to get better and smash it to smithereens.

I'm mad at all parties involved, McD for being an asshat, Mr. "I call the shots" Bowlen for not putting his foot down and ending this charade once and for all, Jay for stomping his feet and pouting, and Bus Cook for being a money hungry piece of trash.

Thank god i'm deploying before the regular season starts.

Agreed on all parts. That said, the new management team isn't management material for allowing this circus to happen.

Davii
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Agreed on all parts. That said, the new management team isn't management material for allowing this circus to happen.

Bingo. We know damn well if they were this would've never blown up #1 and if it started too it would've been squashed immediately.

One thing McD, Jay, and Bowlen all need to learn it's not about Jay, it's not about McD, it's not even about the Broncos. It's about US. WE pay the bills.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Bingo. We know damn well if they were this would've never blown up #1 and if it started too it would've been squashed immediately.

One thing McD, Jay, and Bowlen all need to learn it's not about Jay, it's not about McD, it's not even about the Broncos. It's about US. WE pay the bills.

Exactly right Davii.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm not sure how to read this statement, which is why I'm asking to see where you were headed with this.

Are you saying because we're fans and "pay the bills" -- that we deserved better in this situation? If that is the case, I disagree completely. The NFL is a business, the intricacies of all matters involved are probably higher than any of us could imagine. I think we're all in agreement that this was handled improperly from the management to Jay and Bus, but really -- I'm not sure what we have to do with any of this. Just trying to pick your brain here to see where you were coming from. :beer:

JKcatch724
03-16-2009, 06:24 PM

True. The team answers to McD (except for Jay, apparently), McD answers to Bowlen, and Bowlen answers to US. The fans. And there's going to be a lot of questions after this.

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 06:27 PM
i like cookies cut into little footballs

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Ya know I've been thinking.

What the hell is McDaniels have sooooooooooooo much to do with personel decisions??

We have a GM right? He makes personel decisions with some input from the head coach. Input, not bottom line personel decisions.
Bowlen is so used to letting Shanny run the whole show that he must have forgot the chain of command. :tsk:

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Bowlen will hang for this

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure how to read this statement, which is why I'm asking to see where you were headed with this.

Are you saying because we're fans and "pay the bills" -- that we deserved better in this situation? If that is the case, I disagree completely. The NFL is a business, the intricacies of all matters involved are probably higher than any of us could imagine. I think we're all in agreement that this was handled improperly from the management to Jay and Bus, but really -- I'm not sure what we have to do with any of this. Just trying to pick your brain here to see where you were coming from. :beer:

NFL is a business. A business driven by fan $$'s.

Without the fans there would be no NFL.

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
without lamps there'd be no light

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Too many threads to review and see if this has already been posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f457d4&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler says he wants to break up. The Denver Broncos say they want to make up.

The Pro Bowl quarterback was a no-show Monday for new head coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting and the start of the Broncos' offseason workouts, and if Cutler has his way, he'll never step foot in the team's training facility again.

"The Denver Broncos confirm that Jay Cutler has requested a trade," team spokesman Jim Saccomano told The Associated Press.

McDaniels declined interview requests after telling The Denver Post that he wanted to meet again with Cutler to try to resolve their differences before he considers a trade.

McDaniels briefly addressed his broiling quarterback controversy when he gathered his team as a group for the first time Monday morning.

"He just addressed it and said, 'I'll take care of it,"' defensive lineman Kenny Peterson said.

Cutler is upset that the Broncos tried to trade him for New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel last month and what he considers McDaniels' misleading answers to his inquiries about those discussions. So, Cutler asked for a trade through his agent, Bus Cook, who engineered Brett Favre's departure from the Green Bay Packers last summer.

The Broncos declined Monday interview requests for McDaniels, general manager Brian Xanders and team owner Pat Bowlen. Cook didn't return calls to The AP.

The sides met face-to-face for the first time Saturday, and Cutler came away convinced that McDaniels wanted someone else under center, while the Broncos were incredulous that the gathering didn't result in a resolution to this nasty spat. They told Cutler they expected him to attend Monday's meeting and workout, even though it's voluntary.

Cutler told ESPN he would attend every mandatory minicamp and training camp, but he would skip the offseason training program, which won't subject him to fines. However, Cutler will miss out on a $100,000 bonus if he doesn't attend 90 percent of the workouts.

Cutler is entering the fourth season of a six-year, $48 million contract that he signed as a rookie.

Denver's coaches expect everyone to attend the team's offseason program unless they have an excused absence, such as newcomer Brian Dawkins, who helped the NFL Players Association elect a new executive director in Hawaii on Sunday.

"Right now we're just running and lifting," Peterson said. "You'd like to see everybody here. ... But we'll be all right. I mean, I got faith in the people upstairs and everything else that we'll be just fine."

The Broncos' first minicamp is scheduled for April 17-19, one week before the draft.

The Broncos have said for two weeks that they have no interest in trading Cutler, who set several team passing records last season and just played in his first Pro Bowl. However, it's looking increasingly likely that trading Cutler might be the only way to resolve the dispute.

"Jay's a great quarterback, as we all know, very good teammate, good friend of mine," wide receiver Eddie Royal said. "But we've got to do what's best for the team and the organization. We've got a great coaching staff, great guys upstairs, and they'll make the right decision."

Cutler has been unhappy since learning that McDaniels, who was New England's offensive coordinator the last three seasons, entertained the notion of trading him to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a three-way swap that would have brought Cassel from the Patriots to the Broncos on Feb. 28. New England instead traded Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Cutler believes McDaniels misled him about those trade talks; McDaniels has said all he did was listen to the trade proposals, as he would with any player, as he tries to rebuild the once-proud Denver franchise.

The Broncos have been the NFL's most active team in free agency, signing 15 players, including quarterback Chris Simms, who received a two-year, $6 million contract, ostensibly to serve as Cutler's backup.

Peterson said the players aren't dwelling on the controversy.

"I mean, honestly we've been there all morning, not one person has said anything about it," Peterson said. "... We're worried about what we've got to run tomorrow versus what's going on."

Although the snit with Cutler and his refusal to show up Monday could serve to undermine the 32-year-old coach's authority, McDaniels commanded the room, according to Peterson.

"I don't care if he's 20, 40, 50, 60 years old, you're the head coach," Peterson said. "You're going to get the respect. No question about it."

Newly signed cornerback Andre' Goodman said McDaniels asked the players not to talk about what he said in the meeting regarding Cutler. Still, there was a major void in the room with Cutler missing, Goodman said.

"I think the quarterback is the face of the team," Goodman said. "You take the coach out of it, and he is the face of the team."

Perhaps subconsciously, Royal slipped into the past tense when speaking about Cutler.

"As you know, he was a great competitor, you always saw in his eye that he wanted to win, came to practice prepared every day," Royal said. "So, you knew what you were getting out of Jay."

The question now is whether the Broncos will get anything more out of him on the football field or by way of compensation in a trade.

anton...
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
without lamps there'd be no light

i call bullsh**!

Hardwired
03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Chris Simms is my new hero.

I'll take some of that action. The guy played with a busted SPLEEN, did his rehab with no complaint even though he lost his starting job to Garcia and Simms was playing well at the time he got hurt, and has never placed himself above the team, the game, or the fans for some unknown reason.

Yeah, Chris Simms is my new hero as well. :beer:

Davii
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM

You're right, but the bottom line is the fans are the reason this exists. They call the shots and run the business to please the fans. No matter how you cut it losing Jay at this point in time will set this team back a couple years at least. That in itself is doing a disservice to your fans.

Every business is there for the customers, public infighting and obvious mismanagement are not good for any business. Turning out a crappy product because of those issues is even worse, and in the end, WILL cost you customers and could cost you your business.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh, whew, I'm glad you could finally say this after the fact, McD.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
You're right, but the bottom line is the fans are the reason this exists. They call the shots and run the business to please the fans.

It isn't that simple, and just because the Broncos entertained the option to trade their quarterback doesn't mean they're intentionally pissing off their fans. They did it because it is their job and pending the right offer, could have been better for the team.

No matter how you cut it losing Jay at this point in time will set this team back a couple years at least. That in itself is doing a disservice to your fans.

This is a false dilemma that cannot be proven. So many factors go into making a successful team. If Jay is traded, it could hurt the team -- but it could help just as much. Perhaps we'll get a good defensive player, perhaps we'll get a few picks that turn into impact players like Clady and Royal were offensively this past year. You just never know. The Broncos were an 8-8 team last year with Cutler at the helm. Yes, we can debate why we were 8-8 and all that, but bottom line -- football is a team game. The success of this team long-term or in the immediate future has more to do with a group effort as opposed to having or not having one individual on the team.

Every business is there for the customers, public infighting and obvious mismanagement are not good for any business. Turning out a crappy product because of those issues is even worse, and in the end, WILL cost you customers and could cost you your business.

Well, trading Cutler isn't going to cause the Broncos to run into the ground -- nor do I believe the team will suffer for "years" because of this. Cutler is a great player, a Pro-Bowl player and I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up, but for goodness sakes. The talk that trading him will set us back years is ridiculous. This team has gone nowhere with Cutler over the past two years, so why was this year going to be any different?

This team is not at a pinnacle. It is in a rebuilding process. Obviously McDaniels thought that getting Cassel along with some other picks (probably to address our other needs) would have been great moving forward and worth giving up a player like Cutler.

Jay wants out, and I assume he'll be traded. In my opinion (just like everyone has their own) -- this team was going to struggle even with Jay at the helm. We have a large turnover of players, we have a new coaching staff. We will have even more draft picks and they will all be coming into the NFL with a learning curve. We're also changing systems on both sides of the ball. Couple that in with our schedule and several other factors (injuries that will occur, etc.) and one could state that the Broncos, regardless of Cutler's abilities -- were going to see some bumps.

All those bumps will exist, regardless of who is at quarterback. If the Broncos bag Cutler, I suggest they look into other veteran options as well. Perhaps Garcia can come into camp and compete with Simms. I think either are viable short-term options (one year) until Denver decides to find another long-term option. I fully expect Denver to find a quarterback to develop sometime within rounds 3-5 in this years NFL Draft as well. If McDaniels can make a marginal player (prospect) like Cassel play well, I think he could do that with a guy like Curtis Painter or Graham Harrell. I'm confident in his abilities as a coach to do that.

In summation, to state that this team will be set back years because we unload Cutler is short-sighted and preposterous. Bowlen, McDaniels and Xanders don't owe shit to the fans when it comes to doing what they think is in their best interest to improve their football team. JMHO.

Davii
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
It isn't that simple, and just because the Broncos entertained the option to trade their quarterback doesn't mean they're intentionally pissing off their fans. They did it because it is their job and pending the right offer, could have been better for the team.

This is a false dilemma that cannot be proven. So many factors go into making a successful team. If Jay is traded, it could hurt the team -- but it could help just as much. Perhaps we'll get a good defensive player, perhaps we'll get a few picks that turn into impact players like Clady and Royal were offensively this past year. You just never know. The Broncos were an 8-8 team last year with Cutler at the helm. Yes, we can debate why we were 8-8 and all that, but bottom line -- football is a team game. The success of this team long-term or in the immediate future has more to do with a group effort as opposed to having or not having one individual on the team.

Well, trading Cutler isn't going to cause the Broncos to run into the ground -- nor do I believe the team will suffer for "years" because of this. Cutler is a great player, a Pro-Bowl player and I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up, but for goodness sakes. The talk that trading him will set us back years is ridiculous. This team has gone nowhere with Cutler over the past two years, so why was this year going to be any different?

This team is not at a pinnacle. It is in a rebuilding process. Obviously McDaniels thought that getting Cassel along with some other picks (probably to address our other needs) would have been great moving forward and worth giving up a player like Cutler.

Jay wants out, and I assume he'll be traded. In my opinion (just like everyone has their own) -- this team was going to struggle even with Jay at the helm. We have a large turnover of players, we have a new coaching staff. We will have even more draft picks and they will all be coming into the NFL with a learning curve. We're also changing systems on both sides of the ball. Couple that in with our schedule and several other factors (injuries that will occur, etc.) and one could state that the Broncos, regardless of Cutler's abilities -- were going to see some bumps.

All those bumps will exist, regardless of who is at quarterback. If the Broncos bag Cutler, I suggest they look into other veteran options as well. Perhaps Garcia can come into camp and compete with Simms. I think either are viable short-term options (one year) until Denver decides to find another long-term option. I fully expect Denver to find a quarterback to develop sometime within rounds 3-5 in this years NFL Draft as well. If McDaniels can make a marginal player (prospect) like Cassel play well, I think he could do that with a guy like Curtis Painter or Graham Harrell. I'm confident in his abilities as a coach to do that.

In summation, to state that this team will be set back years because we unload Cutler is short-sighted and preposterous. Bowlen, McDaniels and Xanders don't owe shit to the fans when it comes to doing what they think is in their best interest to improve their football team. JMHO.

I'm not upset they entertained an offer, according to Jay neither is he, i'm upset at the mishandling of the situation since then.

It's not a false dilemna. If Jay leaves and we suck it won't be blamed on the turnover, it won't be blamed on the roster or schematic changes, it will be blamed on the fact that Jay is gone. If Jay bolts and we suck McDaniels will be done as quick, or quicker, than Wade was.

Mark it down.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not upset they entertained an offer, according to Jay neither is he, i'm upset at the mishandling of the situation since then.

Yeah man, I think we all are -- and I think it is justifiable; but we cannot let this swallow us whole. Losing a player of Jay's quality is going to suck and it probably will hurt. However, I do disagree with your assessment that getting rid of Cutler sets us back for years; as some others have stated as well. Too much ambiguity regarding everything. Had we been a 12-4 team and made the playoffs, this situation doesn't happen. Unfortunately, we were an 8-8 football team. Due to that, major changes have been made from coaching to personnel, and now with the players.

All this action in Dove Valley is probably gonna drive us nuts, but like I said -- it is entertaining. We get to come onto forums every day and find something interesting to debate about. I'm not sure other fans have that blessing. For better or for worse, having these conversations kick butt. I love that Denver was active in free agency, seems to be excited about the draft and is considering some big moves. Honestly, I don't see that sort of excitement elsewhere from my friends who are fans of other teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but Hell -- this is a roller coaster ride I don't ever want to end.

Woot. :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
It's not a false dilemna. If Jay leaves and we suck it won't be blamed on the turnover, it won't be blamed on the roster or schematic changes, it will be blamed on the fact that Jay is gone. If Jay bolts and we suck McDaniels will be done as quick, or quicker, than Wade was.

Mark it down.

Well, it still is a false dilemma. You are talking team success. "We did well, because Jay was here." or "We sucked, because we traded Jay." -- People have mentioned that Jay being here or not being here will be determinative of our success moving forward. I whole-heartedly disagree.

OrangeHoof
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Yes, that's the upsetting part to me. A smart management team would have snuffed out this fire quickly and quietly within days of it first erupting. To have let this drag on like this shows me they really don't want to keep Cutler. They might do it for lack of a good trade offer but they've basically put Cutler on notice that he's not welcome in Denver. They've Stephon Marbury'ed him.

If that weren't so, they'd have stopped all this nonsense as soon as it erupted.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes, that's the upsetting part to me. A smart management team would have snuffed out this fire quickly and quietly within days of it first erupting. To have let this drag on like this shows me they really don't want to keep Cutler. They might do it for lack of a good trade offer but they've basically put Cutler on notice that he's not welcome in Denver. They've Stephon Marbury'ed him.

If that weren't so, they'd have stopped all this nonsense as soon as it erupted.

How niave can we be this was all driven by the BUSS. Everybit of it powered by jay and his baby attitude. Had Josh and Xman called a press conference before having a sit down. All of the jay lovers would have reported to dove valley with tar and feathers.

It had to wait till BUSS made his Brett. Part duex move.

Now that it has they can move on to either trading/benching/suspending/fining him if he does not show for minicamp..

Bronco9798
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
How many times does McDaniels have to say he wants Jay to be the Quarterback and leader of the team. Cutler is the one being a little snot nosed turd. He is making the decision to walk away. He has a choice to stay and play for his teammates. He is the one choosing to walk away, nobody kicked him out of Denver. What a perfect situation to prove he can be the leader of the team and prove to the coach that he can run this system and carry this team. However, he is the one choosing to walk away. Jay is the one that needs to man up and quit being the little bitch he is.

McDaniels wants and wanted to meet with him one on one, however, Jay chose to bring his agent. Jay should of accepted the invitation to meet one on one. He declined and brought his agent. Jay is the one that needs to grow up and make this happen. He's the only one that can make this work. However, he rode out of town on his own accord.

Prove to the fans, the team, and the organization that you are more of a man than what you are showing all of us and accept the challenge to run this team. It's really not asking a lot to put your feelings aside and support the team you have been with for the last 3 years.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
he is going to take care of it. Lonie is his personal hitman. Cutlers days are numbered.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I'll take some of that action. The guy played with a busted SPLEEN, did his rehab with no complaint even though he lost his starting job to Garcia and Simms was playing well at the time he got hurt, and has never placed himself above the team, the game, or the fans for some unknown reason.

Yeah, Chris Simms is my new hero as well. :beer:

Keep Simms.

I'll take Cutler.

j3phr3y
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Fix It!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/j3phr3y/snl-fred.jpg

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
How many times does McDaniels have to say he wants Jay to be the Quarterback and leader of the team. Cutler is the one being a little snot nosed turd. He is making the decision to walk away. He has a choice to stay and play for his teammates. He is the one choosing to walk away, nobody kicked him out of Denver. What a perfect situation to prove he can be the leader of the team and prove to the coach that he can run this system and carry this team. However, he is the one choosing to walk away. Jay is the one that needs to man up and quit being the little bitch he is.

McDaniels wants and wanted to meet with him one on one, however, Jay chose to bring his agent. Jay should of accepted the invitation to meet one on one. He declined and brought his agent. Jay is the one that needs to grow up and make this happen. He's the only one that can make this work. However, he rode out of town on his own accord.

Prove to the fans, the team, and the organization that you are more of a man than what you are showing all of us and accept the challenge to run this team. It's really not asking a lot to put your feelings aside and support the team you have been with for the last 3 years.

Napoleon McLIAR is the one whos to blame, not Cutler. We needed our DEFENSE fixed but mighty handed douche bag had to screw around with the best player on our roster.

He admittedly LIED to Cutlers face, and had the chance face to face with Cutler to set things right, and what did he do? He NAPOLEONED himself out of a QB.

Cutler AGREED to a pre-monday morning meeting in order to try and hash things out, instead, he got fed the company line, "Im in charge, youre not, I liked Cassell better than you, and still do, and could possibly trade you during the draft cause Im evaluating everyone at all times.......grow up"

McDamnediels did all the talking, and you know what? He talked us FURTHER into his screw up than we were before.

Why does he need a one on one to say the right things?

He had Cutler in the office, the meeting was very amicable according to all parties, and Cutler said he came away shocked, cause he thought they were going to hash it out, shake hands and laugh afterwards.

Instead, McDaniels screwed the pooch even more.

Cutler hasnt walked away from anything, contrary to the fact, he said he'll be at every mandatory team event.
He doesnt trust McDaniels, and knowing this, understands that the best thing is to part ways since BOWLEN is behind Napoleon.

BroncoBJ
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
:lol: It be funny if all this was a joke. And they wanted us to believe there was something going on. :elefant:

I wonder how this forum will be on April fools day :eek: (If Jay is still here).
I bet EVERY Thread will say hes traded. :lol:

NightTrainLayne
03-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Napoleon McLIAR is the one whos to blame, not Cutler. We needed our DEFENSE fixed but mighty handed douche bag had to screw around with the best player on our roster.

He admittedly LIED to Cutlers face, and had the chance face to face with Cutler to set things right, and what did he do? He NAPOLEONED himself out of a QB.

Cutler AGREED to a pre-monday morning meeting in order to try and hash things out, instead, he got fed the company line, "Im in charge, youre not, I liked Cassell better than you, and still do, and could possibly trade you during the draft cause Im evaluating everyone at all times.......grow up"

McDamnediels did all the talking, and you know what? He talked us FURTHER into his screw up than we were before.

Why does he need a one on one to say the right things?

He had Cutler in the office, the meeting was very amicable according to all parties, and Cutler said he came away shocked, cause he thought they were going to hash it out, shake hands and laugh afterwards.

Instead, McDaniels screwed the pooch even more.

Cutler hasnt walked away from anything, contrary to the fact, he said he'll be at every mandatory team event.
He doesnt trust McDaniels, and knowing this, understands that the best thing is to part ways since BOWLEN is behind Napoleon.

That's a great novel you're working on there War. Keep it up. You can probably hit #1 on the fiction best-sellers list if you can stretch it out to 250 pages.

You could pull in the romance demographic if you had Cutler spend a one-night tryst with McDaniel's wife before all this hit the fan.

G_Money
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
She's hot. That's believable.

~G

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
She's hot. That's believable.

~G

I'm sure she could find a way to persuade Jay to stay.... ;)

Come on McDipshit, to whats best for the team! Send her ass over there pronto!

I wonder how she would feel about being the head coach of a professional football team? :confused:

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm sure she could find a way to persuade Jay to stay.... ;)

Come on McDipshit, to whats best for the team! Send her ass over there pronto!

I wonder how she would feel about being the head coach of a professional football team? :confused:

edited for accuracy..

underrated29
03-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Thats the real big thing thats bothering me right now. He said he (jay) would put this all behind him if he got some good faith from the broncos brass that he would be here long term. He feels that is a great way to show they want him here.

We have the money, if we do really want him here, sooner than later next year or the year after we are going to have to re-sign him anyways, and probably for even more money as he will (yes he will) be that much better of a player.

I dont think jay is going for broke, or wants 20 mil guranteed in the first year or anything like that...Maybe he does.

There just seems to be ZERO negatives to pushing the remaining 3 years out to 7 or 8 and when his rookie contract expires he can hit some big time guranteed dollars, plus his salary.

WHy would the FO not want to extend him and get this over with????

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Thats the real big thing thats bothering me right now. He said he (jay) would put this all behind him if he got some good faith from the broncos brass that he would be here long term. He feels that is a great way to show they want him here.

We have the money, if we do really want him here, sooner than later next year or the year after we are going to have to re-sign him anyways, and probably for even more money as he will (yes he will) be that much better of a player.

I dont think jay is going for broke, or wants 20 mil guranteed in the first year or anything like that...Maybe he does.

There just seems to be ZERO negatives to pushing the remaining 3 years out to 7 or 8 and when his rookie contract expires he can hit some big time guranteed dollars, plus his salary.

I'd guess they might just think he is a flake after the way he has been acting.. and once he has the money might just decide **** it I'm going to do it my way and then force a trade to someone when we do not like his attitude..

JKcatch724
03-17-2009, 01:02 AM

That seems to be the easiest way to fix this mess. If Cutty doesn't want to talk to McD, he'll probably talk to some big time cash... Maybe they don't think $100 million is worth his services.

omac
03-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Here's more commentary on the Cutler-McDaniels situation .....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f4b1f9

They all pretty much agree that McDaniels broke the trust between coach and QB and that he, as the head coach, has to fix it.

Dirk
03-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Here's more commentary on the Cutler-McDaniels situation .....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f4b1f9

They all pretty much agree that McDaniels broke the trust between coach and QB and that he, as the head coach, has to fix it.

Actually a very good vid to watch.

I agree that it's up to Josh to make Jay "feel" better. And in his words "take care of it".

Jay is not without fault though. Jay should have been returning phone calls over the past few weeks.

OMG I just wish it would all get over with. (Albeit, it has made the off season a little more interesting).

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Ask 3 people over here and they blame McD...ask 3 people over there and they blame Jay.

The whole scenario is just F'ing stupid. No one is to blame and both are to blame.

claymore
03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Ask 3 people over here and they blame McD...ask 3 people over there and they blame Jay.

The whole scenario is just F'ing stupid. No one is to blame and both are to blame.

I blame the HC because he initiated this abortion. And made pittiful attemts at squashing it. I blame Bowlen for not telling McD that Cutler was untouchable, and not forcing McD to play nice once all this broke. I blame Cutler for handling this with anger. He is the face off the franchise, and owes it to his team mates and fans to shoulder the brunt of this shit.