PDA

View Full Version : Building Ideas: At the Denver Broncos' home, a Mile High victory for design

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Pure architectural victories are rare in Denver, a city that reveres the natural environment on its edges while frequently neglecting the built environment on its streets.

But it happened last night when the city's planning board hedged against a proposal to add signs as big as a quarterback's ego to the sides of what is now called Sports Authority Field and the idea was dropped.

The issue has galvanized civic hearts, rallying folks near and far to stand up on behalf of design. Design. Turns out people love the way the stadium looks and don't want anyone messing with it — not even Sports Authority.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19981691

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I thought article was gonna be way cooler than it was :(

Thanks for posting anyway...

Thnikkaman
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I think that Sports Authority should embrace the Bronco Orange, and change all the logo colors to Orange on the stadium, and then just be happy having the name.

It can look as cool as the purple lights outlining the top of Coors Field like here (http://yfrog.com/h2m6urbj).

Thnikkaman
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Rev, have you ever been to Mile High, or Downtown Denver? There's some pretty cool architecture there.

BeefStew25
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
The red ring at the top pisses me off. Effing Joe Ellis.

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Rev, have you ever been to Mile High, or Downtown Denver? There's some pretty cool architecture there.

Yes, and that's why I was hopeful this article would be better. To each their own, I'm sure there's plenty of people that liked it way more than I did.

Thnikkaman
02-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes, and that's why I was hopeful this article would be better. To each their own, I'm sure there's plenty of people that liked it way more than I did.

The Stadium, or Denver as a whole?

Nothing will ever be the old Mile High. I still have memories of watching the fireworks from the balcony of our duplex in Lakewood.

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
The Stadium, or Denver as a whole?

Nothing will ever be the old Mile High. I still have memories of watching the fireworks from the balcony of our duplex in Lakewood.

Both.

Chef Zambini
02-17-2012, 09:26 AM
denver library.

wayninja
02-17-2012, 11:59 AM
When are these sponsors going to learn that we are only interested in their money and will basically oppose everything else they want to do besides help pay for the stadium.

Sports Authority should just change THEIR name to Mile High and everyone will be happy.

Thnikkaman
02-17-2012, 12:13 PM
When are these sponsors going to learn that we are only interested in their money and will basically oppose everything else they want to do besides help pay for the stadium.

Sports Authority should just change THEIR name to Mile High and everyone will be happy.

The sarcasm is appreciated, however there is something to be said about them just owning the naming rights to the stadium. Not owning the rights to contribute further to the light pollution to the surrounding area.

dogfish
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
well done, denver. . . put them in their place-- they bought NAMING rights, not re-decorating rights, and certainly not the stadium itself. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
The sarcasm is appreciated, however there is something to be said about them just owning the naming rights to the stadium. Not owning the rights to contribute further to the light pollution to the surrounding area.

IN RED :tsk:

Superchop 7
02-17-2012, 04:24 PM
The red ring at the top pisses me off. Effing Joe Ellis.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________-

amen brother.....I hate that bean counting football losing jerk.

Superchop 7
02-17-2012, 04:38 PM
As far as football is concerned. .....the experience is muddled.......Pat got a nice sound system but played thug music.....so.....next game no stereo.

HERES THE DEAL......Play that funky music white boy.....fire those fans up......If you play Trapt......the Rod Smith song.....STAND UP.....and show some highlights....especially when he got picked off.....ran 100 yards while teamates watched.....and tackled.....stripped the ball ......well....thats how we do it.

Play the stereo Pat......for the FANS.

30 minutes to game time? Same songs.....in order....tradition!

and loud......and proud.

Jackyl.......I stand alone.

Cmon Pat, you can do this.......rock it!

Rocky......? Hell yeah.

Rocky Mountain Way.:elefant: