PDA

View Full Version : If Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky can get traded, Jay can too

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I know its hockey and most hate it, but when 2 of the ALL TIME GREATS
get traded in their sport, then Jay "Jeff George" Cutler whines about "possibly" being traded, shows his immaturity and lack of leadership.

Orr wanted to play in Boston and was the best defenseman of all time
and Gretz was one of the best of all time and some rate him the best and both got traded. It shows that no one is untradeble like Jay thinks he is.

I know that I am going to get :target: on this but I hope he goes.

I personally am so sick of this crap. It makes the Jake Plummer stuff look like childs play and I was far from a huge Plummer fan. Jake showed more class than Jay ever did.

Also I am not going to absolve McDaniels from this. He messed up big time and his lack of communication might be the beginning of the end for him.

Fan since 1982 and right now I am an embarassed fan by all of this nonsenese. This team has so many holes to fill and to be focusing on this crap
might divide this team up for a long time.

It is a sad day in Bronco nation really

weazel
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
see this post for my response. two hockey references in one day? whew...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=588576&postcount=5

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Bobby Orr's knees were shot and he was a shell of his former self. Gretzky's owner needed some cash money so he could imbezzle some folks. bad examples med.

now Eric Cole on the other hand, if HE can get traded no one is safe. :)

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Bobby Orr's knees were shot and he was a shell of his former self. Gretzky's owner needed some cash money so he could imbezzle some folks. bad examples med.

now Eric Cole on the other hand, if HE can get traded no one is safe. :)

Hey go and ruin my thread bc:lol:

Orr had bad knees but the Bruins handled that poorly. (sound familiar)

Yes Gretz did not want to get traded but did, so no one is safe.

:lol: on Cole, I hope it continues their good play, at least I have something to root for amist this crap going on here.

weazel
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
if Babe Ruth could be traded...

bullis26
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
throw favre and montana on this list too for sure theres many more to name

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
throw favre and montana on this list too for sure theres many more to name

Agreed, I only put who I could think of. Montana to me is the best QB I ever saw, including Elway, who was 2nd best I ever saw.

bullis26
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Who was elway drafted by, wasnt it the colts? man whoever it was was dumb for trading him before a game

sneakers
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
How have the oilers done after they traded gretzky?

bullis26
03-16-2009, 05:40 PM

cutler is no wayne gretzky of football no where even close

keithbishop
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Fine with me .............. as long as the draft picks aren't screwed up. No excuses. No Tommy Maddox, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Todd Blackledge, Timm Rosenbach..........
a HR draft pick. Much easier said than done.

The other pick(s) had better address the D line (or get us a stud RB, leaving #12 and the rest of our picks for D).

claymore
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Hockey sucks!!!!!!!! Boooooooooooo!!!!!!

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
cutlers only played 3 years of football and only scheduled to make about 1.2 mill next year. dont see the comparison.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Agreed, I only put who I could think of. Montana to me is the best QB I ever saw, including Elway, who was 2nd best I ever saw.

med, if you could just leave your Bronco fan card with the receptionist on your way out of the clubhouse, that would be great. k'thanks.

Oilers won more cups without Gretzky (1) than Gretzky won without the Coilers (O). so maybe this was a good example after all. :D

bullis26
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
bcb its not that medford isnt a bronco fan just because he says theres a better qb than elway, he just isnt being biest.. im a bronco fan and i think these guys were better than elway Favre, montana, brady, marino
Favre and marino have stats over elway
Brady and Montana have rings over Elway
So what ever you want to base how good a QB is those are players that are better than Elway

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I hear you Med. While the circumstances regarding all the trades are different, I think it important that you put into perspective that even the all-time greats at their respective sports weren't "off-limits" in regards to trades. Jay isn't above the team, and certainly isn't irreplaceable. He's a damn good player, but I'm confident that if he is traded, this team can find someone to replace him and get back on the winning track. I think we all hope for that.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
bcb its not that medford isnt a bronco fan just because he says theres a better qb than elway, he just isnt being biest.. im a bronco fan and i think these guys were better than elway Favre, montana, brady, marino
Favre and marino have stats over elway
Brady and Montana have rings over Elway
So what ever you want to base how good a QB is those are players that are better than Elway

I was just having some fun with Med.

but I do disagree with your QB rankings. Montana and Brady I wouldn't argue too hard over. but Marino and Favre? I definitely disagree with you there. Favre simply throws too many interceptions at the wrong time and Marino, obviously great, but give me one game, winner take all, I wouldn't have Marino in my top 5 list. how do you have Marino on your list of "better than Elway" but not Manning? just curious.

bullis26
03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
med, if you could just leave your Bronco fan card with the receptionist on your way out of the clubhouse, that would be great. k'thanks.

Oilers won more cups without Gretzky (1) than Gretzky won without the Coilers (O). so maybe this was a good example after all. :D

I was just having some fun with Med.

but I do disagree with your QB rankings. Montana and Brady I wouldn't argue too hard over. but Marino and Favre? I definitely disagree with you there. Favre simply throws too many interceptions at the wrong time and Marino, obviously great, but give me one game, winner take all, I wouldn't have Marino in my top 5 list. how do you have Marino on your list of "better than Elway" but not Manning? just curious.

Well it all depends on how you rate your QB's some people rate them by stats and favre owns all the records, and marino is above elway... i go by rings so montana and brady.... Favre though has never had a randy moss, or jerry rice to throw to.... Marino has never had a team around him..... And peyton i thought about putting on here, but he only has one ring and his stats arent up there yet.... by the time he's done i'm sure he'll have passed favre though, and he will be much higher on my list but i dont think he'll win another ring the colts are getting old

KCL
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Fine with me .............. as long as the draft picks aren't screwed up. No excuses. No Tommy Maddox, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Todd Blackledge, Timm Rosenbach..........
a HR draft pick. Much easier said than done.

The other pick(s) had better address the D line (or get us a stud RB, leaving #12 and the rest of our picks for D).

:tsk: