PDA

View Full Version : 1977 memories: Randy Gradishar

East Coast Fan
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I KNOW that this one will get some attention! What else can you say except the man deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and was incredible. Remember him playing on a bad ankle against the Steelers in our first playoff game ever? Amazing....:salute: ORANGE CRUSH :defense:

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I KNOW that this one will get some attention! What else can you say except the man deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and was incredible. Remember him playing on a bad ankle against the Steelers in our first playoff game ever? Amazing....:salute: ORANGE CRUSH :defense:

I miss the old days ECF of a "real defense" :salute: that could stop the run
and get off the field on 3rd down.

I hope we see it again someday.

hotcarl
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
who cares

East Coast Fan
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
who cares

Obviously you don't but you should keep your "thoughts" to yourself; there are other fans here who were around back then that actually have something good to say about some of the great players of Denver past. :tsk:

broncofaninfla
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
The best LB to ever play in Denver hands down. I feel privledged to have watched him and am a more commited fan because of him. Truly one of the all time greats not only for the organiztion but also for the leauge. I won't recognize the HOF until he is in it.

broncofaninfla
03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
who cares

No way you are a Bronco fan.

Grover
03-17-2009, 10:26 AM
This thread is useless without video. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_FcUiqAEY

deacon
03-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree he is the best LB ever to play in Denver and, I believe, one of the top 10-15 ever in the NFL.

NO ONE could stop the short yardage, goal line plays like Gradishar. He was an animal.

Dean
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Randy was the best short yardage LB I've ever seen. It was like he had a homing device. In goal line situation when the back would attampt to dive over the line for a TD, Gradishar would beat him there and meet him in midair on his side of the LOS.

It seemed he was everywhere. It didn't matter if it was an inside run, an outside run, a reverse, a short or long pass. He was in on the play. He was a man among boys.