PDA

View Full Version : Like It Or Not, Cutler Situation Very Real -ESPN

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1782/Like-it-or-not--Cutler-situation-is-very-real.html

It's all out in the open now.

What folks near Cutler have been saying privately for the past 16 days is now public.

Jay Cutler wants out of Denver after the team botched a trade to acquire Matt Cassel. Cutler is not in Denver with the rest of his teammates for the start of the offseason workout program and the start of the Josh McDaniels era.

It's real. It's not going anywhere. Believe it. It's a legitimate problem.

Denver has to address it. As it has since the drama broke wide open on Feb. 28, Denver has two choices: it can try to fix the problem with Cutler or trade him and move on from this unbelievable mess.

OK, the Broncos may have just one course to take: They may have to trade Cutler.

Cutler wanted out as soon as he heard Denver tried to trade him in a move to get Cassel on the second day of the free-agency season. Cutler tried to make nice because he is close to teammates. But he and McDaniels couldn't come to an accord, after meeting once by phone and once in person.

Cutler wants Denver to ensure him any trade talks are off the table and those close to him confirm getting a new contract in Denver (he has three years remaining on his deal) would be a sign of good faith by the team. The Broncos, it seems, just want it all to go away.

The Broncos feel they have been truthful with Cutler. They want him to come and play.

That doesn't seem like it's going to happen. The rift is bigger than it ever has been and now Cutler is on the record about a trade request and he is staying away from team functions. It doesn't seem like communication is going to change this situation.

In fact, Cutler and the Broncos have agreed on one thing in the past 16 days - they want to pursue a trade. Yes, Denver doesn't want to pursue a trade any longer now that Cassel is in Kansas City. Cutler didn't want a trade before the Cassel talks.

Now he does. Now, it's time for Denver to try to figure out a way to fix it and trading him may be the only real option. But the problem is the Broncos have no other options. Who is going to be the quarterback in Denver? Chris Simms, who was just signed to be Simms' backup? Will it be a veteran free-agent stop-gap signee such as Jeff Garcia?

These are not strong options, especially for a team that had a happy 25-year-old Pro Bowl player as their quarterback less than three weeks ago.

Denver's only choice may be to trade Cutler in a package to Cleveland try to get Brady Quinn in return. At least, they'd have a quarterback in return could potentially become a legitimate NFL player. Or the Broncos could try to trade Cutler for a high draft pick and try to draft Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez. Still, these players are no guarantees and it would set the program back while these players develop, which is exactly what Denver rust did with Cutler who was the No. 11 pick in 2006.

Yes, these trade options don't look good. But the idea of Cutler and McDaniels coming to a middle ground don't look good, either.

Whatever happens, it needs to happen soon. A resolution is needed. It's beyond about whose fault it is.

It's about fixing it no matter what the result is.

This situation is hurting everyone in involved. Until this saga (Remember, Cutler never asked to be put in this situation) Cutler was never looked upon as a problem player or a controversial figure. He is quiet, but Cutler was never considered an unhappy player in the Mike Shanahan era.

The situation is also hurting McDaniels. Badly.
McDaniels is just 32 but with six months to go until the regular season, McDaniels already has doubters. You would be hard pressed to find a coach in NFL history who has been in such a pressured situation two months into his tenure. McDaniels' legacy is already in the line in Denver. If he doesn't remedy the situation with Cutler, he will have to have instant success with whoever Cutler's replacement would be or he'd face an incredible backlash in Bronco-crazed Colorado.

What is going to happen? We are not sure but now everyone is sure that the Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels rift is very real and very much alive.

McDumbass = Epic Fail :coffee:

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
ooh, a new thread on Cutler/MCD. Shiny!

Zweems56
03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
QUICK! We must form a vaccine before it spreads!

skycoyote
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Alright Bronco fans, looks like WE are going to have to take our team back from McHitler. Let the verbal bashing begin.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
ooh, a new thread on Cutler/MCD. Shiny!

sorry. i really did not want to make another thread, but this is an article i didnt see posted.

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh Noes! We are Doooooooooomed!

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 02:25 PM
McHitler? really? that's a bit ridiculous, no? this is WAY worse than what Hitler did.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
sorry. i really did not want to make another thread, but this is an article i didnt see posted.

so maybe post it in one of the other 15 Cutler threads on the first page? durrrrrrrrrrr.

Zweems56
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
so maybe post it in one of the other 15 Cutler threads on the first page? durrrrrrrrrrr.

Exactly. Honestly, my god this is getting out of hand.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM

Maybe you can complain to somebody who cares....durrrrrrrrr

G_Money
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I know it's a blog, but it's "just" not "rust" and "assure" not "ensure."

It's very hard to take sports journalists seriously when they can't proof their own stuff.

It makes me think you didn't put any time or thought into what you just wrote.

And soon, very soon, all these random threads are getting smashed together into one giant Cutler/McDaniels mega-thread which will consume the board in fire and ash, I'm pretty sure...

~G

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I know it's a blog, but it's "just" not "rust" and "assure" not "ensure."

It's very hard to take sports journalists seriously when they can't proof their own stuff.

It makes me think you didn't put any time or thought into what you just wrote.

~G

I stopped reading at this point:

"Chris Simms, who was just signed to be Simms' backup?"

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Crytlied brought this upon himself when he asked to be traded after Bates went to USC.

claymore
03-16-2009, 02:35 PM
McHitler? really? that's a bit ridiculous, no? this is WAY worse than what Hitler did.

Cutler is jewish...... I think this is the issue.

claymore
03-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Crytlied brought this upon himself when he asked to be traded after Bates went to USC.

Never happened try again.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Never happened try again.

Yea, just like how McDancingNancy supposed "lied" to Crytlied.

"Never happened, try again."

claymore
03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Yea, just like how McDancingNancy supposed "lied" to Crytlied.

"Never happened, try again."

Exactly, nothing to see here.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Have you guys been over to the Trade Clady thread yet?

Lots of cool threads flying around.

We love what McDonkey is doing here in Denver.:coffee:

Very professional.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Exactly, nothing to see here.

Riiight.

If Crytlied didn't ask to be traded when Bates left, none of this would have happened.

http://broncotalk.net/2009/03/king-cutler-requested-trade-after-oc-bates-fired/

There ya go.

And McDancingNancy never lied.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutler-upset-over-potential-deals-to-detroit-tampa-bay/

The Broncos firmly maintain that they never intended to trade Cutler, that they were approached to make the trades. But, as of Saturday afternoon, Cutler was angry to hear that his name had been floated in any trade conversations.

Schefter > all

Crylied got what he asked for.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Have you guys been over to the Trade Clady thread yet?

Lots of cool threads flying around.

We love what McDonkey is doing here in Denver.:coffee:

Very professional.

And mature...like your posts

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
From Lord Schefter

Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM

He never asked for a trade when Bates when to USC.

FAIL :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
And mature...like your posts

Count me immature like Cutler clown.

Dean
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
QUICK! We must form a vaccine before it spreads!

McKid already pushed it to pandemic proportions. It's too late.

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
this is a very pro-cutler article.

It makes jay the victim,and places the blame entirely with McDaniels.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 11:44 PM

and you could not have added it to one of the 312 other cutller threads..

t is all about a new contract so buss gets paid and perhaps some new rookies to screw with in two years.. now that Brett is gone his pay check dried up..

Follow the money folks..

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 11:44 PM
this is a very pro-cutler article.

It makes jay the victim,and places the blame entirely with McDaniels.

another press release from Busses office..

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
The only victims here are the team players, and us fans

Jay and Josh have both screwed us