PDA

View Full Version : So whos your team

NC_Broncosfan
02-16-2012, 05:46 AM
My Team would have to be the Spurs been snice 99 so whats your team?

Canmore
02-16-2012, 05:50 AM

The Broncos and the Lakers. Used to follow NASCAR when Bill Elliott was racing.

rcsodak
02-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Thunder!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NC_Broncosfan
02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
The Broncos and the Lakers. Used to follow NASCAR when Bill Elliott was racing.
Well I am still with the Broncos same here with nascar untill Dale pass.

Canmore
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Thunder!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I wish the Thunder were still the Sonics and in Seattle. I'd drive up there to see them play. Can't stand the Jailblazers.

MileHighCrew
02-16-2012, 07:24 AM
NBA - Raptors.

If you are opening it to other sports

NFL - Broncos of course
NHL - Canucks
MLB - Blue Jays

sneakers
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
The Bucks.

Thnikkaman
02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm a Colorado Native, and I root for the Home team.

NFL - Broncos
NHL - Avs. (I'll root for the Devils if they aren't playing the Avs)
MLB - Rox
NBA - It's the Nuggets or nobody.

College Hoops - UNLV
College Football - Iowa and CU

Northman
02-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I havent watched the NBA in years. At least religiously but my team is the Trailblazers since the early 90's.

Army Bronco
02-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Broncos my all time fav team. I used to watch the Jazz and the Utes in NCAA. But I don't watch basketball. My other team is Team America......#@!# yeah! Ha ha

Army Bronco
02-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Broncos my all time fav team. I used to watch the Jazz and the Utes in NCAA. But I don't watch basketball anymore. My other team is Team America......#@!# yeah! Ha ha

Nomad
02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Broncos my all time fav team. I used to watch the Jazz and the Utes in NCAA. But I don't watch basketball. My other team is Team America......#@!# yeah! Ha ha

I haven't really followed the NBA since John Stockton retired. We lived in Layton, UT from 1996-2000. I've been to the Delta Center a couple times to watch the Jazz and Key Arena once to watch the Supersonics. I used to watch the NBA alot during the 80's into late 90's.

Northman
02-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I haven't really followed the NBA since John Stockton retired. We lived in Layton, UT from 1996-2000. I've been to the Delta Center a couple times to watch the Jazz and Key Arena once to watch the Supersonics. I used to watch the NBA alot during the 80's into late 90's.

I was pretty much the same way. Once Jordan left it became very bland to me. Nothing will really ever top the 80's (Celtics/Lakers rivalry) and Jordan era for me.

Nomad
02-18-2012, 11:52 AM
I havent watched the NBA in years. At least religiously but my team is the Trailblazers since the early 90's.

I use to like watching Brian Grant when he played with the Trailblazers in the late 90s. I always thought he was a good player and stand up guy. Blazers were fun to watch then as well.

Army Bronco
02-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I went to Highschool in SLC and played Football at Highland. I loved watching Stockton play.

Nomad
02-18-2012, 01:44 PM
I went to Highschool in SLC and played Football at Highland. I loved watching Stockton play.

My wife was stationed at HAFB while we were there and I worked for Wasatch Electric as an electrical apprentice. But her cousins went to Skyline HS and her uncle played OT for the Utes in the early 80s.

Yeah, I use to get a kick out of listening to Hot Rod Hundley when Stockton would drive up the court and shoot "something to the effect of 'the cowhide globe is home' " or Stockton to Malone.

Army Bronco
02-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Lol, Skyline was our rivals... Man we hated them. I'll never forget how much we hated their QB Brandon Doman. I think he played for BYU. This was in the 90s. I graduated back home in Puerto Rico though. I just wanted to play football so I moved up there with my aunt. I also wrestled and ran track.

red 19
03-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Jazz fan here- great run snapped tonight in Atl in a 4 ot game. The west is going to be a race right down to the wire for positioning of 4-8 in the western conference playoffs.

red 19
03-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Yep Nomad-that was good ol Hot Rod- "with a gentle push and a mild arc the cowhide globe hits home"

or another of my personal favorites "Stockton to the the angle left with the yo yo dribble"

Dzone
03-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Anything Nuggets! Anything Broncos!

I hated the Jets, but now I will be cheering for them as long as Sanchez is on the bench.LOL

NightTrainLayne
03-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Thunder Up! Just dismantled the Heat. Fun game.

Dapper Dan
03-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I find it hard to get into NBA stuff. But when JJ Redick entered the draft I decide to follow him wherever he went. So I've followed the Magic since then. Former teams have been Nuggets and Knicks. But I'm still sticking with Orlando.

red 19
03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
I truly hate Kevin Garnett

skins_fan82
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Wizards. :tsk:

topscribe
03-30-2012, 12:29 AM
I was a Nuggets fan when they were the Rockets . . .

Steelers24
04-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Lakers. Loved the old allstars and Kobe Bryant. Fun to watch them play. I also live in California.

Canmore
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Lakers. Loved the old allstars and Kobe Bryant. Fun to watch them play. I also live in California.

I started following the Lakers when they had Wilt (I'm dating myself, lol). Loved the Showtime era. That was the best.

Poet
06-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Bengals, Blackhawks/Penguins, Celtics, Reds and your reigning NCAA National Champions of Men's Basketball, the Kentucky Wildcats.

moning
06-01-2012, 07:25 AM

spurs are so stable all the way ..that;s zmazing

chazoe60
06-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I've found that in the NBA if I root for the refs I win every time, so I'm an Official fan of the NBA.

weazel
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I really like the Chatanooga Steamrollers, how did they do this season?

chazoe60
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I really like the Chatanooga Steamrollers, how did they do this season?

Just in front of the Cincinatti Bowties and behind the Cleveland Steamers.

NorCalBronco7
06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Kings

Padres

USC

Rivercats

Ninja Turtles From Outerspace

BroncoJoe
06-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm a Colorado Native, and I root for the Home team.

NFL - Broncos
NHL - Avs. (I'll root for the Devils if they aren't playing the Avs)
MLB - Rox
NBA - It's the Nuggets or nobody.

College Hoops - UNLV
College Football - Iowa and CU

This, except for the college teams. I'm all CU.

I do keep an eye on the New Jersey Devils, since they were the original Colorado Rockies (rocky hockey!). Nickle beer night at McNichols was a blast.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2012, 10:14 AM
It's always been the Lakers, but my love for the NBA has dwindled. I might be bummed for a few minutes if they lose, but it's not like it is with the NFL and the Broncos. It changed for me when the Lakers traded for Shaq.

Ravage!!!
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
It's always been the Lakers, but my love for the NBA has dwindled. I might be bummed for a few minutes if they lose, but it's not like it is with the NFL and the Broncos. It changed for me when the Lakers traded for Shaq.

You didn't like winning those titles?

Slick
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
This, except for the college teams. I'm all CU.

I do keep an eye on the New Jersey Devils, since they were the original Colorado Rockies (rocky hockey!). Nickle beer night at McNichols was a blast.

My cousin used to take me to Rockies games at McNichols. Good times. Those Rockies jerseys are the coolest hockey jersery ever.

Skinny
06-02-2012, 12:53 PM
The Broncos and South Carolina Gamecocks (football, baseball, and basketball) are the only teams i follow religiously. I use to be a Orioles fan when i cared about major league baseball. College baseball has filled that void for me. Never had a favorite NBA team and don't watch hockey. When i use to follow NASCAR i pulled for Mark Martin, but i've just lost interest in it over the years with the cars being so evenly matched.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
You didn't like winning those titles?

Yes, of course I did, but I really disliked Shaq. It was a time of change in my life and the mystique and heroism of the NBA disappeared. I still like the Lakers, but I'm not as emotionally vested as I use to be. It's just different.

ShaneFalco
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
It's always been the Lakers, but my love for the NBA has dwindled. I might be bummed for a few minutes if they lose, but it's not like it is with the NFL and the Broncos. It changed for me when the Lakers traded for Shaq.know how ya feel

it changed me when the rams let warner go :( Martz drove him away, needed some Vermeil!

just like when cardinals let pujols go :(

Poet
06-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Just in front of the Cincinatti Bowties and behind the Cleveland Steamers.

If you ever disrespect Cincinnati again I will unleash a beating on you that is similar to Claymore at a spelling bee.

chazoe60
06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
If you ever disrespect Cincinnati again I will unleash a beating on you that is similar to Claymore at a spelling bee.

Cincinnati, a town so special that Jerry Springer was mayor. :laugh:

CoachChaz
06-04-2012, 10:00 AM
The Broncos and South Carolina Gamecocks (football, baseball, and basketball) are the only teams i follow religiously. I use to be a Orioles fan when i cared about major league baseball. College baseball has filled that void for me. Never had a favorite NBA team and don't watch hockey. When i use to follow NASCAR i pulled for Mark Martin, but i've just lost interest in it over the years with the cars being so evenly matched.

The Orioles play over the last 15 years could scare away ANY fan. Feel free to come back and share in the misery with me.

Poet
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Cincinnati, a town so special that Jerry Springer was mayor. :laugh:

He was a good mayor. Dumbass wrote a check to a hooker though.

CoachChaz
06-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Tell me about Christian Walker. Orioles drafted him in the 4th round. I have concerns about low power guys that are limited to 1st base.

NightTerror218
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
NBA-Bulls (raised a Jordan fan)
NFL- Broncos (raised a bronco fan)
MLB- Braves (born in Atlanta and they have an A on cap which is my first initial)
NHL- Sharks (grew in cali and loved them and Ducks)

Skinny
06-07-2012, 06:00 AM
The Orioles play over the last 15 years could scare away ANY fan. Feel free to come back and share in the misery with me.Major league baseball scared this fan away. I still sometimes check the box score or the Draft in the mornings if a workmate left the sports section in the stall, i just don't watch it. But i still do have my autographed lithograph of Brooks Robinson on my office wall at home.

Tell me about Christian Walker. Orioles drafted him in the 4th round. I have concerns about low power guys that are limited to 1st base.

Good player. Plays hurt (CWS '11), which his hand hasn't given him any problems this year btw, and can be effective. Atleast not out loud or to where he's missed any playing time because of it. Best hitter on the team, especially in clutch situations. Hits with power when given the green light, but that isn't much with our small ball style play like your Aggies. We're not going to hit for power or have big power numbers like Florida with Zunino and Tucker.

Good pitches were hard to come by for him this year with no other real threat power hitter in the lineup to help him out like a Tucker to a Zunino for ex.. He's got power, he can crank it. He's well built. Short, compact, thick, thick trunk. Opponents would rather just pitch around him, wouldn't give him anything to hit being he was our only proven power guy. They'd just settle on trying to get him to chase something and be ok just walking him (43bb on the season so far) and taking their chances with the Fresh. and Soph's.

Solid defensive player. Appearantly he did some catching in H.S. I don't know if there's a future for him there or not, he may be limited to 1st. Scouting baseball players is not my cup of tea. I only say that because he's a average athlete, good athlete but not super, whos glove is better than his arm imo. The transition from college baseball to the MLB is ALOT diffrent than it is from college football to the NFL or High School/College basketball to the NBA.

Nomad
06-09-2012, 11:13 AM

I saw that the Orioles drafted Kevin Gausman (LSU). He's done a solid job for the Tigers.

Skinny....Good luck to your Gamecocks against Oklahoma. Stony Brook giving LSU all they can handle. Last night's game is in a rain delay in the 12th inning, will resume today.

skins_fan82
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Being from DC, for me its the Wizards. Yes, feel sorry for me LOL.

But i've been out here for about a year now and I've fallen in love with the Nuggets. :)