PDA

View Full Version : Message to Jay, prove McDaniels wrong

Northman
03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Its quite simple to me.

Rather than Jay try and run away from the doubters (specifically McD) Jay should just stay and prove him wrong. Prove to his teammates that he can do the things that McD eludes to him that he cant. I know whenever someone tells me i cant do something i make it mission to prove them wrong. Jay has essentially packed up his toys and stomped his feet on the way home. What does that say about his character or leadership qualities?

Im one of the biggest Theismann haters ever but his quote that i posted up a few days ago still rings with truth to me. Theismann said that when the Foreskins drafted a QB he made sure there was no doubt who the starting Qb was. This senario is no different, Jay feels slighted that McD doesnt think that highly of him. So? Go out and prove him wrong. Your under contract and the team loves you so why turn tail and quit on them? They arent the ones that should be feeling your wrath.

People want to keep making excuses for Jay here saying that McD has lied to him, tried to trade him. Ok, if he did those things than prove to that ******* that it would be a mistake to even think of it. Prove to your teammates that your not going to quit just because the new Coach has concerns about you. So far all you have done is verified what people are worried about. Jay has all the talent in the world but lets his emotions get the better of him. But honestly? I want a Qb who is willing to go out and prove the doubters wrong no matter who they are. Right now Jay doesnt seem to be that guy. All i see is a guy who would much rather quit than face his doubters and prove them wrong.

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
just show up, be a man and show you have a little character cutler. this is what we have all been waiting to see, if you can actually see the big picture. its time to grow up....dont sabotage the fans.

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
To be fair, both parties agreed that McD never said that there were things Jay did that he didnt like or that Jay needed to improve his game.

But I do agree that it would be in Jay's best interest to just put it behind him and play football. Take your anger out in the weight room and on your opponents, not on your teammates.

Traveler
03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Seems Jay can't handle a little tough love. No wonder he "sometimes" seems to lose it on the field when things get tough.

Stop crying Jay, come and learn the offense, support/lead the players you say you appreciate so much, and show some sort of respect for the chain of command. Even if you might not like the person, at a minimum, you have to respect the position. No one person is bigger than the team.

As has been stated in numerous threads, the Broncos hold all the leverage. So come in, do your job and earn that next big payday.

One last comment. We are again seeing the precident set by the Ashley Lelie drama. I'm hoping McD and the FO sticks to their guns and not reward another player by either trading him just because he doesn't like something that was done or said or by renegotiating his contract.

tubby
03-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Good idea but apparently he is too big of a bitch.

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Bump.

Argueing about who is right or who is wrong is just silly. From here on out this is what needs to be done. Everything else is trivial.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Crytlied doesn't have enough balls to try that approach. That approach takes balls.

tubby
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I am actually leaning towards believing Cutler will eventually get past all this shit and be a better man because of it. Weather he pouts for another month or whatever, sooner or later it will get worked out. Mc.D will have earned the respect of the entire organization, Cutler will have choked down a monumental piece of humble pie and Broncos will take the league by storm.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I am actually leaning towards believing Cutler will eventually get past all this shit and be a better man because of it. Weather he pouts for another month or whatever, sooner or later it will get worked out. Mc.D will have earned the respect of the entire organization, Cutler will have choked down a monumental piece of humble pie and Broncos will take the league by storm.

If he does, more power to him. It will make him a better player, and a better individual. And Denver will probably be better off for it too.

tubby
03-16-2009, 03:28 PM
If he does, more power to him. It will make him a better player, and a better individual. And Denver will probably be better off for it too.

Yep. Maybe McD is the Mastermind v2.0.

Rex
03-16-2009, 03:31 PM

I hope you are right.

:badadviceallalong:

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 03:33 PM

oh, gawd, please no. I can't handle this going on for another month. :shocked:

Rex
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Clay will die.

Northman
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM

What about all season? :lol:

tubby
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM

What is the date of the first mandatory mini-camp?

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
What about all season? :lol:

or the next decade?

:mad:

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 03:48 PM
or the next decade?

:mad:
Hey, the only way it goes on for the next decade is if the Broncos pick up a Lombardi or three..................

I can live with that ;)

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
What is the date of the first mandatory mini-camp?

April 17th I think

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Its quite simple to me.

People want to keep making excuses for Jay here saying that McD has lied to him, tried to trade him. Ok, if he did those things than prove to that ******* that it would be a mistake to even think of it. Prove to your teammates that your not going to quit just because the new Coach has concerns about you. So far all you have done is verified what people are worried about. Jay has all the talent in the world but lets his emotions get the better of him. But honestly? I want a Qb who is willing to go out and prove the doubters wrong no matter who they are. Right now Jay doesnt seem to be that guy. All i see is a guy who would much rather quit than face his doubters and prove them wrong.

This speaks of Jeff George to me.

Great post Northman :beer::salute:

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 04:00 PM
My solution to this problem is to kidnap jay and josh and put them out in the wilderness together. Being stranded trying to survive will either make them best friends or one of them will mysteriously disappear. Either way the problem will be solved.

I'm betting Josh makes it back alive because he don't have "the beetus".

Northman
03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
This speaks of Jeff George to me.

Great post Northman :beer::salute:

Its painful to watch what this kid is doing to himself now. McD is a douche for his role also but man i still cant believe Jay is letting it eat him up like this. Thats the biggest problem with all the young talent on this team no one can call this guy and try to encourage or guide him at all.

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Its painful to watch what this kid is doing to himself now. McD is a douche for his role also but man i still cant believe Jay is letting it eat him up like this. Thats the biggest problem with all the young talent on this team no one can call this guy and try to encourage or guide him at all.

I miss the old days of having real leaders like

John Elway
Rod Smith
Mark Schlareth
Al Wilson
Shannon Sharpe

These young guys should learn from the success of the former Broncos
and not be primadonnas like some of them are.

Mcd Deserves blame as well but Cutler has blown this way out of proportion

Northman
03-16-2009, 04:26 PM

John Elway
Rod Smith
Mark Schlareth
Al Wilson
Shannon Sharpe

Yea, i liked it better when the worse thing that happened is that we had to choose a new uniform for this team. lol

gnomeflinger
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Cutler just needs to suck it up.

Medford Bronco
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Cutler just needs to suck it up.

The only think he is sucking right now is a pacifier

ready for :target: :flame:

gnomeflinger
03-16-2009, 04:54 PM

:hahaha:

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 05:18 PM

And Bus Cook's ****.

dunk7
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I find it truly amazing how quickly people turn on a player (with probably 10% knowledge of the situation).

I just think this whole situation takes all the heat off of the fact that McDouche hasn't brought in any worthwhile talent this off-season. The acquisitions seem so similar to last year and that scares me.

BroncoJoe
03-16-2009, 05:22 PM

John Elway
Rod Smith
Mark Schlareth
Al Wilson
Shannon Sharpe

Yep, and one of those leaders was let loose (Sharpe) and another discarded (Wilson).

Cutler is NOT above the franchise, and frankly it makes me sick that several people here have said they won't support the Broncos if we trade Cutler.

Me? I'm a Broncos fan forever. Period.

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I find it truly amazing how quickly people turn on a player (with probably 10% knowledge of the situation).

I just think this whole situation takes all the heat off of the fact that McDouche hasn't brought in any worthwhile talent this off-season. The acquisitions seem so similar to last year and that scares me.

And you are turning on a coach who hasn't coached a game for us. Calling him MCDouche or any other stupid ass nickname is gay. Jay is screwing this team over for his own personal gain $$$$$. Screw him what an *******.

dunk7
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
And you are turning on a coach who hasn't coached a game for us. Calling him MCDouche or any other stupid ass nickname is gay. Jay is screwing this team over for his own personal gain $$$$$. Screw him what an *******.

I am turning on him because what has he brought us, lack of results and turmoil. If this turns out to be a ploy by Jay and his agent then yes, I'll think differently but as of right now, I see an inexperienced coach who hasn't produced a decent starting lineup on defense and has alienated our franchise QB.

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I am turning on him because what has he brought us, lack of results and turmoil. If this turns out to be a ploy by Jay and his agent then yes, I'll think differently but as of right now, I see an inexperienced coach who hasn't produced a decent starting lineup on defense and has alienated our franchise QB.

Lack of results???What results are you looking for we haven't played a game yet. We have alot of holes on defense and he has brought it alot of players to help fill them. Doesn't mean they will work out long term but we have definitely upgraded from last year. Who exactly did you expect him to bring in? Not to many superstar FA's out there and the ones that were wanted a huge payday.

Jay has alienated himself by acting the way he has. Most nfl players act like they should and suck it up and go to work. And so far it is looking like a ploy by Jay and his agent so why turn on McDaniels?

dunk7
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Lack of results???What results are you looking for we haven't played a game yet. We have alot of holes on defense and he has brought it alot of players to help fill them. Doesn't mean they will work out long term but we have definitely upgraded from last year. Who exactly did you expect him to bring in? Not to many superstar FA's out there and the ones that were wanted a huge payday.

Jay has alienated himself by acting the way he has. Most nfl players act like they should and suck it up and go to work. And so far it is looking like a ploy by Jay and his agent so why turn on McDaniels?

If we didn't sign Paxton, Buckhalter, Arrignton, Gaffney, Jordan, we could have gone after some bigger payday players. Look at the situation we are in now...Chris Freaking Simms will be our starting QB and still same crappy defence (on paper). Atta Boy McDouche. I WANT SHANNY bACK!!!

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
If we still had shannhy we would still have slowick. McDaniels has brought us a real D coordinator and some veteran leadership. Guys that Mike Nolan wants on his defense. I bet this D will be better than what we had last couple of years.

and the only signing you mentioned that doesn't make sense is Paxton.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Many folks are easy to throw Josh and Pat under the "bus" so to speak and take jays side because he has a big arm.. Sad day in Bronco land IMHO.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Many folks are easy to throw Josh and Pat under the "bus" so to speak and take jays side because he has a big arm.. Sad day in Bronco land IMHO.

I throw them under the bus because they didn't manage this WHOLE freeking incident very well at all as a management team.

BeefStew25
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM

Be quiet.

dbwitadb719
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't even know why McDaniels would even think about trading a young quarterback like cutler. It's very hard to find some one at the qb position with the kind of talent that he's got. At the same time though cutler needs to stop wining about it because the nfl is a business and sometimes your name gets brought up. This is just huge mess and i feel that cutler needs to swallow is proud and come and have a monster season to show McD whats up.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I throw them under the bus because they didn't manage this WHOLE freeking incident very well at all as a management team.

What was to magage this all boils down to BUSS wanting a new payday. other than breaking BUSSES legs they were screwed day one.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 07:20 PM
JR, you are a never ending stream of witicisms. For years I loathed your skepticism, but with age has come wisdom and I finally understand your negativity. Preach on brother!

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't even know why McDaniels would even think about trading a young quarterback like cutler. It's very hard to find some one at the qb position with the kind of talent that he's got. At the same time though cutler needs to stop wining about it because the nfl is a business and sometimes your name gets brought up. This is just huge mess and i feel that cutler needs to swallow is proud and come and have a monster season to show McD whats up.

Other than to to have QB he knows one day one that already has the offense down PAT . Not much he already knows he is not a cry baby something that jay appears to be.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 07:27 PM
JR, you are a never ending stream of witicisms. For years I loathed your skepticism, but with age has come wisdom and I finally understand your negativity. Preach on brother!

Maybe I need to be sitting in a doctors office on drugs and a 102 fever more often to get your approval. All this time on a blackberry. Whose keyboard is small

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe I need to be sitting in a doctors office on drugs and a 102 fever more often to get your approval. All this time on a blackberry. Whose keyboard is small

You went to the doctor you *****.:D

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Its quite simple to me.

Rather than Jay try and run away from the doubters (specifically McD) Jay should just stay and prove him wrong. Prove to his teammates that he can do the things that McD eludes to him that he cant. I know whenever someone tells me i cant do something i make it mission to prove them wrong. Jay has essentially packed up his toys and stomped his feet on the way home. What does that say about his character or leadership qualities?

Im one of the biggest Theismann haters ever but his quote that i posted up a few days ago still rings with truth to me. Theismann said that when the Foreskins drafted a QB he made sure there was no doubt who the starting Qb was. This senario is no different, Jay feels slighted that McD doesnt think that highly of him. So? Go out and prove him wrong. Your under contract and the team loves you so why turn tail and quit on them? They arent the ones that should be feeling your wrath.

I agree. And I dont have any problem with Cutler doing that, and hope he does.

My problem comes when Cutler does all his proving in another jersey.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Other than to to have QB he knows one day one that already has the offense down PAT . Not much he already knows he is not a cry baby something that jay appears to be.

Stunningly smart how Josh was going to bring in a 14 million dollar salary onto our payroll, for this years Bubby Brister to play for us, and cut Cutler who has a 1.5 million dollar salary on our payroll.

And the difference between Cutler and Cassell would be astonishing. With Cutler, we would only have what, under his awesome QB tuteledge? But with Cassell, we would win the superbowl!!!!

McDonkey is sooooooooo smart. And so are his backers, including Bowlen, who I really like.

Northman
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
My problem comes when Cutler does all his proving in another jersey.

Well, when he says he wants a trade it tells me he isnt willing to do what i initially posted. Its no longer about McD wanting to trade Jay, now its Jay himself who wants the trade so that only tells me he would rather run than prove himself in this situation.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
War, you did forget how Cutler whined like a bitch when Shanahan got the axe. I'm not on the side of McD or Cut anymore, I just want this **** resolved, but some people forget that Jay did a lot to make this spiral out of control.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Stunningly smart how Josh was going to bring in a 14 million dollar salary onto our payroll, for this years Bubby Brister to play for us, and cut Cutler who has a 1.5 million dollar salary on our payroll.

And the difference between Cutler and Cassell would be astonishing. With Cutler, we would only have what, under his awesome QB tuteledge? But with Cassell, we would win the superbowl!!!!

McDonkey is sooooooooo smart. And so are his backers, including Bowlen, who I really like.

once again you have no idea that should it have happened if they would have negotiated the salary down to a reasonable number for a longer termed contract.. You really do not know do you?????..

frankly I do not see a drastically big difference in the two QB other than Cassell is a winner.. and KNOWS the system that rewards the TEAM for accuracy, and hitting the open man.. Not just lobbing it downfield into double and triple coverage so one can get to the pro bowl and earn more money through incentives.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe the coaches know abit more about this kid than you do.. afterall they are professionals and your an armed chair Monday morning QB..

Davii
03-17-2009, 12:08 AM
once again you have no idea that should it have happened if they would have negotiated the salary down to a reasonable number for a longer termed contract.. You really do not know do you?????..

frankly I do not see a drastically big difference in the two QB other than Cassell is a winner.. and KNOWS the system that rewards the TEAM for accuracy, and hitting the open man.. Not just lobbing it downfield into double and triple coverage so one can get to the pro bowl and earn more money through incentives.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe the coaches know abit more about this kid than you do.. afterall they are professionals and your an armed chair Monday morning QB..

Correct me if i'm wrong, but could they have done that? Working the contract down...

I mean, he's already got a contract that the team would've been obligated to pay unless something could be worked out. Seems to me, if they wanted to lower my pay after trading for me i'd say "hell no" and they'd have to pay me.

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but could they have done that? Working the contract down...

I mean, he's already got a contract that the team would've been obligated to pay unless something could be worked out. Seems to me, if they wanted to lower my pay after trading for me i'd say "hell no" and they'd have to pay me.

yes but remember who your talking bout here Josh was his mentor last year.. he owes Josh for that contract and frankly for getting him starting job.. build in incentives and give him some cash up front but there is no way he would get the 14.6.. Unless he wanted to screw with Josh and I do not think he would considering what he had done for him..

atwater27
03-17-2009, 12:45 AM
In regards to this thread.... Message to McDaniels.... Prove Jay Cutler wrong.... that you are not a bullheaded fool who takes over the 2nd rated offense and 30 whatevereth rated defense and decides to "fix" the offense first. That is all.
Mc ******* retard.

bcbronc
03-17-2009, 01:00 AM
yes but remember who your talking bout here Josh was his mentor last year.. he owes Josh for that contract and frankly for getting him starting job.. build in incentives and give him some cash up front but there is no way he would get the 14.6.. Unless he wanted to screw with Josh and I do not think he would considering what he had done for him..

he might still get the $14.6m, but it would be guaranteed money spread over 5-7 years. the cap hit next season would probably have been 1/3-1/2 the franchise tag.