PDA

View Full Version : Tebow works on throwing motion in L.A.

DenBronx
02-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2012, 11:06 PM EST

Two years ago, as Tim Tebow tried to get himself in position to be taken in the first round of the draft, he embarked on an effort to change his throwing motion.

Today, the effort continues. According to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Tebow is working on his mechanics with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

“He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he’s doing,” Mazzone said. “Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/tebow-works-on-throwing-motion-in-l-a/

dogfish
02-16-2012, 12:22 AM
i wish they'd just work on his feet, and leave the throwing motion alone for now-- but what do i know? hopefully it produces some results. . .

Jsteve01
02-16-2012, 01:14 AM
i wish they'd just work on his feet, and leave the throwing motion alone for now-- but what do i know? hopefully it produces some results. . .

You know a lot. The motion is much less concerning than his feet. Talk to any coach and they'll tell u that. Feet first for my money. Let him focus all his energy on fixing that

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Old news, yes?

I get thay its Florio doing the repost and not OP, but there's no actual updates from the last news of Tim working with Mazzone

TXBRONC
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM

Maybe what Mazzone is going to try and do is try and tighten up the arm action not necessarily change it as such. But as you said the most important thing is that it produces lasting results.

hotcarl
02-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Tebow had bowl of cereal, check it out www.clownpenis.fart what you want when you want it

claymore
02-16-2012, 08:32 AM

Hell yeah. The kid has been effed up enough. Its to late for the throwing motion. Work on the other shit.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Any work is good work. I wouldn't worry as much about his arm motion as much as I would his footwork, decision making, and speeding up his release a little - especially his timing on short passes.

TXBRONC
02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Hell yeah. The kid has been effed up enough. Its to late for the throwing motion. Work on the other shit.

I don't if it's safe to assume that when they talk about working on his throwing motion that mean a radical change. As I said earlier there may be away to quicken (I used the term clean it up earlier) it without altering what he does naturally.

claymore
02-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't if it's same to assume that when they talk about working on his throwing motion that mean a radical change. As I said earlier there may be away to quicken (I used the term clean it up earlier) it without altering what he does naturally.

Tebow has probably had (Im guessing) At least 3 different throwing motions in the past 3 years. His college, the ridiculous effed up McDaniels towell under the arm throwing motion, and what he has now.

I dont care if he shoots the ball out of his ass as long as he can hit the receiver in stride.

If they can fix it, Im for it, but I just think it will set him back further.

Footwork, decision making, I think that can be fixed.

I respect your opion though, not that strong in my stance. I just want him to get better overall by a whole lot. However that happens, Im good with.

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Tebow had bowl of cereal, check it out www.clownpenis.fart what you want when you want it

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.clownpenis.fart
Did you mean: www.*clownpenis.*fart.*com"

???

dunk7
02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm curious as to why he keeps going back to Mazzone? Is it because he worked with Rivers? Seems like Mazzone has worked with Tebow the past two years. I can't say that I've seen much improvement.

VonSackemMiller
02-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm curious as to why he keeps going back to Mazzone? Is it because he worked with Rivers? Seems like Mazzone has worked with Tebow the past two years. I can't say that I've seen much improvement.

Tebow only worked with this guy once and that was pre draft. So what are you tLking about? And why is,this even a new thread? Its already been made.

claymore
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM

Oh Noes!

capt. Jack
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I think it is probably a good thing that he is trying. I always say "right or wrong just do something" Maybe something good can come out of it. It's better than waiting for Mr. Elway to work with him. Cause that probably is not going to happen! :-)

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't give a shit what his throwing motion is like in L.A.

TXBRONC
02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Tebow has probably had (Im guessing) At least 3 different throwing motions in the past 3 years. His college, the ridiculous effed up McDaniels towell under the arm throwing motion, and what he has now.

I dont care if he shoots the ball out of his ass as long as he can hit the receiver in stride.

I respect your opion though, not that strong in my stance. I just want him to get better overall by a whole lot. However that happens, Im good with.

I don't throwing motion has ever really changed. In the game against the Vikings Brian Billick showed his throwing motion from college to the present. The arm action is the same. Again all I'm saying is that just because they working on throwing motion doesn't mean that trying to radically change it.

That aside whether we agree on it or isn't an issue. I agree with what matters is being able to improve his accuracy through better footwork and better decision making.

TXBRONC
02-16-2012, 12:22 PM

It says he worked with him two years ago not that he's worked with him the last two years.

catfish
02-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't throwing motion has ever really changed. In the game against the Vikings Brian Billick showed his throwing motion from college to the present. The arm action is the same. Again all I'm saying is that just because they working on throwing motion doesn't mean that trying to radically change it.

That aside whether we agree on it or isn't an issue. I agree with what matters is being able to improve his accuracy through better footwork and better decision making.

I saw an article that said Mazzone shaved 33% off Tebows windup time prior to the combine with like 2 weeks of working with him...it just didn't stick at game speed. Maybe with more work it will stick...footwork is still a much bigger concern

Lancane
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I saw an article that said Mazzone shaved 33% off Tebows windup time prior to the combine with like 2 weeks of working with him...it just didn't stick at game speed. Maybe with more work it will stick...footwork is still a much bigger concern

I would say that working on his footwork is prevalent, but it's just one issue of many. People need to quit selling the kid short regarding some things, because he can still learn. Some are acting like he's an eight year veteran who is beyond set in his ways, he is still raw and as such can still be broken in terms of mechanics. The reason the throwing motion and the timing of it didn't stick is because he had a short time in which to practice it before going to new coaches, it has to be something he does so continuously that his body literally remembers each bit of the process. Another thing some are not realizing is that his release is also of concern and does effect his timing and the overall spin on the football which can effect the accuracy of the pass itself.

The one thing this kid has is drive, a will to succeed despite the odds and if he lacked that and wasn't so raw I would say this is a lost cause. But since he does not lack that, there is a chance he'll succeed in making the changes needed to re-create himself. Another thing, someone needs to put his ass on a treadmill, he could stand to lose a good ten to fifteen pounds and shed some of the muscle, that would also help him IMHO.

wayninja
02-16-2012, 07:54 PM

Do you know how many voice-mails he has from Rex Ryan offering to work on his feet? It's substantial.

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Do you know how many voice-mails he has from Rex Ryan offering to work on his feet? It's substantial.

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f54/10118d1328590894t-swiftors-awesome-132674302118.gif

catfish
02-16-2012, 08:10 PM
5AsbCFNauAw

it was 30 days...my bad

dogfish
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM

way, i love ya, man. . . but rex ryan foot fetish jokes are mad played-out. . . .

:D

wayninja
02-16-2012, 09:02 PM
way, i love ya, man. . . but rex ryan foot fetish jokes are mad played-out. . . .

:D

That's toe bad, dogfish. I'm not trying to be your arch enemy, but I won't be put back on my heels like this. Posting stuff for you isn't the sole reason I'm here and I won't have you trying to get a leg up on me like this.

dogfish
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
That's toe bad, dogfish. I'm not trying to be your arch enemy, but I won't be put back on my heels like this. Posting stuff for you isn't the sole reason I'm here and I won't have you trying to get a leg up on me like this.

don't make me hafta send chazoe after you!

:elefant:

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 09:59 PM
don't make me hafta send chazoe after you!

:elefant:

...And we wouldn't that.

How would he possibly bear the barrage of e-insults completely devoid of any creativity or originality?

wayninja
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
...And we wouldn't that.

How would he possibly bear the barrage of e-insults completely devoid of any creativity or originality?

I would actually consider it an honor to have Chazoe e-ssassinate me. I think your beef is with Coach Chaz.

TheReverend
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I would actually consider it an honor to have Chazoe e-ssassinate me. I think your beef is with Coach Chaz.

I don't have "beef" with anyone.

Vice versa is a different story for many, many people lol

dunk7
02-17-2012, 10:26 PM
It says he worked with him two years ago not that he's worked with him the last two years.

From: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000571600_nfl-roundup-tebow-working-on-mechanics-with-mazzone

"The Mazzones helped Tebow become a first-round pick when he was coming out of Florida, and again last offseason."

So for everyone who said I didn't know what I was talking about: :elefant:

Npba900
02-18-2012, 12:33 AM

Hmmm......I don't know, 26 years old and Tebow is still a project with continuous fundamental flaws at this stage in his career! I think its safe to say Tim isn't going to get much better. Its going to be a miracle in 2012 if Tebow can even get his passing percentage up above the middle 50 percentile.

Elway was right to only name Tebow the starter for training camp and looking to draft a QB out of college to compete with Tebow.

Don't know how munch longer the Tebow experiment will go on, but the 2012 or 2013 season could be the end. Maybe Tim will shock me and his 2012 season as the starter will be his coming out party.

Remember, perseverance and hard work can only get you so far.....sooner or later you simple need to show you have the talent to perform at the NFL level with executing from within the pocket and from behind center.

Davii
02-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Hmmm......I don't know, 26 years old and Tebow is still a project with continuous fundamental flaws at this stage in his career! I think its safe to say Tim isn't going to get much better. Its going to be a miracle in 2012 if Tebow can even get his passing percentage up above the middle 50 percentile.

Elway was right to only name Tebow the starter for training camp and looking to draft a QB out of college to compete with Tebow.

Don't know how munch longer the Tebow experiment will go on, but the 2012 or 2013 season could be the end. Maybe Tim will shock me and his 2012 season as the starter will be his coming out party.

Remember, perseverance and hard work can only get you so far.....sooner or later you simple need to show you have the talent to perform at the NFL level with executing from within the pocket and from behind center.

Weren't you saying something along the lines of Tebow not being successful last year, and didn't you make 4 different threads about moving him to tight end I
or fullback?

Chef Zambini
02-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm curious as to why he keeps going back to Mazzone? Is it because he worked with Rivers? Seems like Mazzone has worked with Tebow the past two years. I can't say that I've seen much improvement.my guess is 3 reasons, location, location, location. in LA he can justify being in so-cal 'working on his craft' while he makes himself more readily avaILABLE TO SHOOT MORE COMMERCIALS FOR JOCKEY and all his other endorsements !
dont kid yourselves bronco fans, TBEOW is a commodity, and his "handlers' know when to strike when the iron is hot !
When I see RESULTS, I will be convinced that tebow has taken the right steps.
for now, this is just PR in a media market.

hotcarl
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Who cares

Npba900
02-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Weren't you saying something along the lines of Tebow not being successful last year, and didn't you make 4 different threads about moving him to tight end I
or fullback?

Calm down Davii. Point I'm trying to make, in games against Detroit, Buffalo, and the NE Patriots twice! Tebow has looked horrendous when forced to play from within the pocket against those teams.

Now if you want to call Tebow's success playing against teams who were not very good or against teams that had key injuries to starters and squeaked out wins in the 4th qtrs with moving forward. Then good on you. But myself and many Broncos fans are not convinced quite yet. When required to pass the ball from within the pocket Tebow looked totally lost.

The NFL teams have figured out Tebow Ball/Read Option. Tebow was then forced to executive and perform from within the pocket and exposed just how raw and a project Tebow is. There out any NFL teams right now willing to give up draft picks for Tebow after the 2011 season.

Npba900
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2012, 11:06 PM EST

Two years ago, as Tim Tebow tried to get himself in position to be taken in the first round of the draft, he embarked on an effort to change his throwing motion.

Today, the effort continues. According to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Tebow is working on his mechanics with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

“He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he’s doing,” Mazzone said. “Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/tebow-works-on-throwing-motion-in-l-a/

People can defend Tebow all they want, they are wrong. Tebow doesn’t have the tools to play QB in the NFL. Is he a great athlete? Yes. Is he a great person? Appears so. Is he an NFL QB. Not even close to resembling one. He can’t pass and will never be consistent there. Almost half of his balls aren’t even a tight spiral. Can he improve? Of course but what is his ceiling? Do you want to spend three years grooming a guy who will always be an option QB?

The option doesn’t work on this level. The more teams see it the more the will stop it. The NFL won’t change for Tebow, Tebow will have to change for it and he simply doesn’t have the raw skills to play QB at this level. Worked on other levels but it won’t work here.

The playoff win vs a beat up Steeler team just set back the Broncos who have a good young core 2 years.

BroncoStud
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Why don't you stop be such an absolutist and wait and see how Tim progresses in the offseason? Since you are appear to believe you are omniscient why don't you give me some stock tips for next week...

What a joke. I seriously doubt you've ever coached anyone on mechanics let alone thrown a football over 10 yards, what makes you think someone who works hard can't improve? It's no different than changing a golf swing, and that happens all the time.

Why don't you do the intelligent thing and wait and see how Tebow is throwing the ball in August or September before you delcare him a bust.

spikerman
02-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm still in "wait and see" mode, but TT has shown that he can make NFL-caliber throws. Personally, I thought the best pass he threw against the Steelers was the quick slant that Thomas dropped even though it hit him in the numbers. That's a throw NFL QB's have to make - and he did. What he hasn't shown is that he can do it consistently. Let's give him a chance to work on it and see what happens. Denver isn't drafting a franchise QB this year anyway. If TT can't do it, or shows no improvement, then they can start looking at quarterbacks and they'll have a lot higher draft pick with which to do it.

jlarsiii
02-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Why don't you stop be such an absolutist and wait and see how Tim progresses in the offseason? Since you are appear to believe you are omniscient why don't you give me some stock tips for next week...

What a joke. I seriously doubt you've ever coached anyone on mechanics let alone thrown a football over 10 yards, what makes you think someone who works hard can't improve? It's no different than changing a golf swing, and that happens all the time.

Why don't you do the intelligent thing and wait and see how Tebow is throwing the ball in August or September before you delcare him a bust.

I don't want to argue or debate with you about most of your post. Even if I don't have much belief that Tebow can change enough to be what the Broncos truly need I think it is too early to throw in the towel just yet.

I do think your golf analogy isn't the strongest though. Golfers do change their swing much more often, and they do it with a lot more success then any QB trying to change his mechanics in the pros. You could make a long list of golfers who have done this, whereas the list of pro QBs who have successfully done the same would be quite small.

Considering how Tebow reverts to his old throwing mechanics, like his long windup, when under pressure I am leaning towards thinking that no matter what he works on in the offseason when it comes to game time we will still see the same old throwing mechanics. I believe his only hope of improving is through footwork, decision making, reading of defenses, and anticipation of opportunities.

If he can improve there then maybe he can eventually become the guy in Denver. If not it wouldn't surprise me to see him out of the Denver QB picture by the end of next season...

jlarsiii
02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm still in "wait and see" mode, but TT has shown that he can make NFL-caliber throws. Personally, I thought the best pass he threw against the Steelers was the quick slant that Thomas dropped even though it hit him in the numbers. That's a throw NFL QB's have to make - and he did. What he hasn't shown is that he can do it consistently. Let's give him a chance to work on it and see what happens. Denver isn't drafting a franchise QB this year anyway. If TT can't do it, or shows no improvement, then they can start looking at quarterbacks and they'll have a lot higher draft pick with which to do it.

I agree with most of your post, but I don't state that he can make NFL caliber throws yet. Yes, he can throw a football. I can throw one too.

I have to take into account all of his throws, and when he stops chucking the ball into the dirt 8 yards away from the receiver is when I will give him credit for throwing. I would be willing to bet that most of us could make a throw on a slant route and hit the receiver "between the numbers" occasionally. Does that mean we all can "make NFL caliber throws"?

To me, if there is one part of Tebow's game that is anything but NFL caliber yet it has to be his throwing. He just isn't there yet...

spikerman
02-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree with most of your post, but I don't state that he can make NFL caliber throws yet. Yes, he can throw a football. I can throw one too.

I have to take into account all of his throws, and when he stops chucking the ball into the dirt 8 yards away from the receiver is when I will give him credit for throwing. I would be willing to bet that most of us could make a throw on a slant route and hit the receiver "between the numbers" occasionally. Does that mean we all can "make NFL caliber throws"?

To me, if there is one part of Tebow's game that is anything but NFL caliber yet it has to be his throwing. He just isn't there yet...

That slant was only one example. That was also a pass that a lot of his critics have said that he has trouble with. I've seen him float the ball 40-50 yards downfield perfectly on target and throw frozen ropes on target 20-30 yards downfield as well. My guess is that, although I don't know your background, most of us cannot make those throws. I've also seen him throw it in the dirt and miss receivers badly. That's where the consistency part comes in. Every QB misses occasionally - Tebow just seems to do it more. He has to get better, no doubt, but it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to make the throws at all, he just needs to show that he can make them more often than not.

** Edit - One pass that I have not seen him hit that concerns me is the deep cross.

Lancane
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm one of the kid's biggest detractors, and right now I'm going to wait and see what happens. However, I'm going to add a 'but', because Denver should draft a quarterback they believe is not only more pro-ready, but who they feel can challenge Tebow in all aspects of the position in case the 'what if' factor does come into effect. As I stated, Denver needs to separate themselves from the Read Option as a base offense, it's evident from Elway's comments that he wants a more pocket capable quarterback and believes in Tim, but 'if' Tim fails to find his niche in that area, Denver's current regime will be in a place they don't want to be. Drafting a kid this year makes the most sense when you consider a season to get the kid use to the speed of the NFL and the offense, another year to get reps and tweak any issues and another to see if he is a pro quarterback or a bust. This is a make or break year for Tebow, and if Denver waits till next year to draft a quarterback to groom, we could see a change in the regime before we find the answer once more.

Chef Zambini
02-19-2012, 09:46 AM

To me, if there is one part of Tebow's game that is anything but NFL caliber yet it has to be his throwing. He just isn't there yet...he has NOT shown that he is capapble of reading defenses either beforte or after the snap either !
converting to a pocket passer works against his skill set, instincts and all of his football experience.
sorry, but i predict FAILURE !

broncobryce
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/funnybumjerk.gif

Chef Zambini
02-19-2012, 02:08 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/funnybumjerk.gifthis guy has been working on his motion too.
but as you can see, he is a natural.

Chef Zambini
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
great use of the stiff arm as well!
that wall is not going anywhere !

Chef Zambini
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
"... love what you do and never work a day in your life'
i think this guy misenterpreted the message.

broncobryce
02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
You're on fire dude, ha ha ha

Npba900
02-19-2012, 10:52 PM

I don't have to wait....until I give my opinion!!! Why don't you wait and give yours. You can wait and see if you want too that's your prerogative and choice.

Tebow has shown he's a bust thus far from his performances against Buffalo, Detroit, and two games with the Patriots. In those 4 games Tebow was made to play from behind center and from within the pocket! With disastrous outcomes.

Tebow is in his middle twenties and is still a project at best with many questionable flaws and fundamental issues. Its going to take a miracle for Tim to overcome them at this stage in his professional career.

jlarsiii
02-20-2012, 02:41 AM
That slant was only one example. That was also a pass that a lot of his critics have said that he has trouble with. I've seen him float the ball 40-50 yards downfield perfectly on target and throw frozen ropes on target 20-30 yards downfield as well. My guess is that, although I don't know your background, most of us cannot make those throws. I've also seen him throw it in the dirt and miss receivers badly. That's where the consistency part comes in. Every QB misses occasionally - Tebow just seems to do it more. He has to get better, no doubt, but it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to make the throws at all, he just needs to show that he can make them more often than not.

** Edit - One pass that I have not seen him hit that concerns me is the deep cross.

That is the key right there. Personally, I don't care what his motion looks like if he can hit passes consistently. Hell, we would all be happy with that at this point. That is why it will be debated all off-season though because no one knows if he will become more consistent, or if he can actually make all the throws as your edit referred to.

I will admit this, even if it is completely out of place in this thread: I do not understand the unmitigated support he gets from some of the fans. I have never seen a QB with more flaws get this type of support from part of the fan base since I can remember (based solely on the Broncos franchise of course). Every QB since Elway has been crucified for the same flaws that people are more than willing to overlook with Tebow, and I really don't understand why...

jlarsiii
02-20-2012, 02:48 AM
he has NOT shown that he is capapble of reading defenses either beforte or after the snap either !
converting to a pocket passer works against his skill set, instincts and all of his football experience.
sorry, but i predict FAILURE !

I agree that last season he didn't show he could read defenses in any aspect of the game. However, I was only referring to the part of the post referring to his capability to make NFL caliber throws. I wasn't trying to broaden the discussion with that particular poster. Since he made no mention of reading defenses I didn't put that in my response to his post, but I assure you that I eagerly await next season to evaluate whether he has improved in that area.

If he hasn't then we all can make our own conclusions about that...

wayninja
02-20-2012, 05:18 AM
I don't have to wait....until I give my opinion!!! Why don't you wait and give yours. You can wait and see if you want too that's your prerogative and choice.

Every little step he takes, I found the greatest love of all inside of me.

TimTebow's#1fan
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM

Next year will be a trip to the SUPERBOWL!

spikerman
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Next year will be a trip to the SUPERBOWL!

No doubt. Look for the Broncos in section 520, row 14, seats 1-53.

Not just because the jury is still out on TT, but the team overall has a lot of weaknesses. Even Elway predicted 3 years. I would assume it will take at least that long and that's IF TT is able to become more of a passing threat, which I am hoping for.

BroncoStud
02-20-2012, 08:44 PM

Tebow has shown he's a bust thus far from his performances against Buffalo, Detroit, and two games with the Patriots. In those 4 games Tebow was made to play from behind center and from within the pocket! With disastrous outcomes.

Tebow is in his middle twenties and is still a project at best with many questionable flaws and fundamental issues. Its going to take a miracle for Tim to overcome them at this stage in his professional career.

Nonsense... Not that I care if it's Tebow, Quinn, or someone else... Tebow led Denver to their first playoff win since Jake. Total "busts" don't make the sort of impact he has.

He may or may not become a good NFL QB, but that remains to be seen. Yes, your entitled to your opinion but frankly, it pretty much blows.

TXBRONC
02-21-2012, 08:31 AM
]That is the key right there. Personally, I don't care what his motion looks like if he can hit passes consistently. [/B] Hell, we would all be happy with that at this point. That is why it will be debated all off-season though because no one knows if he will become more consistent, or if he can actually make all the throws as your edit referred to.

I will admit this, even if it is completely out of place in this thread: I do not understand the unmitigated support he gets from some of the fans. I have never seen a QB with more flaws get this type of support from part of the fan base since I can remember (based solely on the Broncos franchise of course). Every QB since Elway has been crucified for the same flaws that people are more than willing to overlook with Tebow, and I really don't understand why...

I love for him to have a more orthodox throwing motion but it wont matter if he can be more consistent with the one has.

Chef Zambini
02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
That is the key right there. Personally, I don't care what his motion looks like if he can hit passes consistently. Hell, we would all be happy with that at this point. That is why it will be debated all off-season though because no one knows if he will become more consistent, or if he can actually make all the throws as your edit referred to.

I will admit this, even if it is completely out of place in this thread: I do not understand the unmitigated support he gets from some of the fans. I have never seen a QB with more flaws get this type of support from part of the fan base since I can remember (based solely on the Broncos franchise of course). Every QB since Elway has been crucified for the same flaws that people are more than willing to overlook with Tebow, and I really don't understand why...JVG said an interesting thing, "coachspeak" while doing a B-ball game with J LIN and regarding his TURNOVERS.

"something unacceptable in defeat, is still unacceptable in victory"
he was of course, refering to Lins record setting TURNOVERS, and regardless of the wins, it was imperative that LIN work to minimize his TOs.
and so it is with tebow.
a handfull of miraculous wins in 2011 dont mean squat in 2012.TEBOW must get better or he will be replaced.

BroncoNut
02-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd like to see Tim throw the ball quicker to the receivers so that he minimizes the chances of getting sacked by the opposition.