PDA

View Full Version : Cutler equals Cancer

rationalfan
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Can we change the name of this forum to the Cutler Fans Support Group?

Damn, people, when did one person become more important than the team - especially when the prima donna in question hasn't once mentioned "team" in any of his public comments?

Granted, Cutler has a laser rocket arm that Maddenphiles get hard over, but aside from one off-season workout with his receiving friends Cutler hasn't once shown that he's a leader of a young team trying to move into the playoffs.

He yells (at players and coaches) rather than encourages. He pouts when things don't go his way. He makes the kind of brash, ignorant statements that typically come out of the mouth of TO (and, by the way, why the double standard with Jay? why not hate on him too?) And he retreats from the team at the first mention of being trade bait. If this was behaviour coming from Chad Johnson or even Brandon Marshall you'd all be screaming "trade him." But not Cutler. And why?

Why side with a selfish quarterback who has a losing record and an alarming interception to TD ratio over a young coach who actually has Super Bowl rings? Why pretend Cutler was a choir boy under Shanahan's watch? Why act like Bowlen should be wiping the tears off of his crybaby QB's cheeks?

Seriously, why?

In my limited organized sports experience (high school, a little college) Cutler has the demeanor of a locker room cancer. And the only way to survive cancer is to eliminate it so the team survives. Remember, this is about the Broncos; not one player who has nothing but an invitation to a meaningless post-season all-star game on the resume of his supposed "greatness."

Forget about Cutler. Wins are more important than a QB's ego. And through this entire offseason drama, Cutler has shown he's more worried about being treated like royalty than warming up to an organization that's taking considerable steps to be relevant again. He's cancer. Eliminate him.

G_Money
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Here, Joe, you'll be proud of my succinctness:

:rolleyes:

~G

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree. Everyone wants to **** on McD but he has the same credentials that Shanahan had before coming to the Broncos minus the Elway relationship. I can't blame McD for wanting his guy here either, who I also think is a good QB. We'll all get to see Cassel first hand.

Jay Cutler is not John Elway and he isn't even the best athlete on the team.

Someone should've punched him in the face after saying he had a bigger arm than Elway.

This team was a contender with the prince of mediocrity Jake Plummer at QB. Denver will come out of this ok one way or the other.

They need to move on with him or without him ASAP. Give him a new contract, shut him up and get moving for 2009. Or get Stafford.

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 11:38 AM
beat up line, 8 different RBs, and a garbage defense.....

i dont think that falls on jay

Rex
03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
beat up line, 8 different RBs, and a garbage defense.....

i dont think that falls on jay

beat up line.

Hmmmm..

Italianmobstr7
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
People are defending Cutler because he has a huge upside and is a good player who has the ability to be great. Our idiot coach attempted to trade our franchise qb, then denied it and lied to Cutler's face. Cutler acted like a big baby, but at least he had some reason. Then Cutler comes in ready to reconcile, and McD pulls the same crap as before... That's why people are defending Cutler. Because if he goes, so do our chances in the next few years (at least).

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I still cant find the proof that McDaniels lied. Will someone please shoe me the quotes backing it up...and I dont mean what Jay said...I mean what McDaniels said.

dogfish
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Here, Joe, you'll be proud of my succinctness:

~G

took the words right outta my mouth, G. . . .

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I agree. Everyone wants to **** on McD but he has the same credentials that Shanahan had before coming to the Broncos minus the Elway relationship..

Not strictly true...........................McD's never been a loser with the Faiders ;)

Chris90210
03-16-2009, 01:29 PM
http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/October_2008/newthreadcat_1.gif (http://upshizzle.com)

Slick
03-16-2009, 01:44 PM
beat up line.

Hmmmm..

For the most part, I've stayed out of these threads, but I think there's validity in what Hoes said. It's a team game.

Sure Jay had made some bad mistakes, maybe cost us a game or two, but he's won some for us as well. The playoffs have alluded him, but I still think that's more the team's fault than it is Jay's. I'm not trying to be a Jay apologist here, just the way I see it.

Coming from someone who doesn't watch ESPN or NFL network, I think the situation has been handled poorly by all sides. Jay's acting immature, McD is standing pat, almost with a chip on his shoulder, it seems.

I'd really like to hear more from our new Coach. Does he think we're going to find someone better to play QB anytime soon? Chris Simms?

I'm supporting the team in this case, this includes the coach and our current QB. I believe Jay is the best QB we've had post Elway, and I would hate to see him go. I'm supporting the coach as well, because I find it hard to believe that he doesn't want to win in Denver.

I'm longing for the day this goes away, I'm tired of it. We're getting nowhere, fast.

Flatinum
03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I still cant find the proof that McDaniels lied. Will someone please shoe me the quotes backing it up...and I dont mean what Jay said...I mean what McDaniels said.

Jay said it, it must be true.

Just like there's two sides to the story of how their recent meeting went. But most people choose to believe Jaysus' version instead of managements.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 01:55 PM
When other teams like Minnesota start pulling their interest because of Cutlers off field personality and his "image" in this entire situation, you know there's a problem there.

underrated29
03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Can we change the name of this forum to the Cutler Fans Support Group?

Damn, people, when did one person become more important than the team - especially when the prima donna in question hasn't once mentioned "team" in any of his public comments?

Granted, Cutler has a laser rocket arm that Maddenphiles get hard over, but aside from one off-season workout with his receiving friends Cutler hasn't once shown that he's a leader of a young team trying to move into the playoffs.

He yells (at players and coaches) rather than encourages. He pouts when things don't go his way. He makes the kind of brash, ignorant statements that typically come out of the mouth of TO (and, by the way, why the double standard with Jay? why not hate on him too?) And he retreats from the team at the first mention of being trade bait. If this was behaviour coming from Chad Johnson or even Brandon Marshall you'd all be screaming "trade him." But not Cutler. And why?

Why side with a selfish quarterback who has a losing record and an alarming interception to TD ratio over a young coach who actually has Super Bowl rings? Why pretend Cutler was a choir boy under Shanahan's watch? Why act like Bowlen should be wiping the tears off of his crybaby QB's cheeks?

Seriously, why?

In my limited organized sports experience (high school, a little college) Cutler has the demeanor of a locker room cancer. And the only way to survive cancer is to eliminate it so the team survives. Remember, this is about the Broncos; not one player who has nothing but an invitation to a meaningless post-season all-star game on the resume of his supposed "greatness."

Forget about Cutler. Wins are more important than a QB's ego. And through this entire offseason drama, Cutler has shown he's more worried about being treated like royalty than warming up to an organization that's taking considerable steps to be relevant again. He's cancer. Eliminate him.

Jay????

Is that you? :confused:

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 02:54 PM
beat up line.

Hmmmm..

ok maybe i needed to fill the issue with 3 facts instead of 2......

the line played well... the injuries were not a huge issue...

Fact is this...... dan marino never won a super and never went back after year 1 for a reason......

This D has been the problem since Plummer was here..

PLUMMER, a mediocre QB that could not sniff Jay's jockstrap almost got us to the superbowl.... Had our Dline been half way decent we could have won that game...