PDA

View Full Version : Fire McDanials!

Nature Boy
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Who is bigger to this team? Josh McDanials or Jay Cutler?

Seeing that Cutler will have it no other way if he is to stay in Denver, I suggest that Pat Bowlen appease our 25 years young star pro-bowl QB and fire McDanials, a young inexperience HC with zero head coaching experience.

We can always bring in a new HC, if not now, then at end of next season but we can not find a young franchise star QB like Cutler so easily.

nthngd2say
03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't think McDaniels is going anywhere because of $. Bowlen is already paying Shanny $7 million to golf and he can't afford to pay McDaniels another $4 million to do the same while hiring another head coach to $2-4 million a season.

Bowlen painted himself in a corner regarding his head coach. I guess it wouldn't be impossible to pay nearly $15 million for a new head coach [paying all three salaries] but I don't see how Bowlen can swing it when he's been quoted in the Post as saying the Broncos are struggling just like everyone else with the economy [not that I buy that].

skycoyote
03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Bring Shanny Back! Now Slowik is gone and we got a new DC. I never thought I would be saying that.

nthngd2say
03-16-2009, 10:34 AM
McDaniels still deserves and will get his chance to show what he can do as head coach. People make mistakes, hopefully McDaniels can still get the situation resolved and prove he is worth all the praise he has gotten so far.

claymore
03-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I doubt McDaniels gets fired because of Shannies money. But.... I damn sure want him reeled in. And if he quits, then we dont owe him shit.

hotcarl
03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
trade mcdaniels and a cutler to the chiefs for scott pioli and matt cassel :welcome:

nthngd2say
03-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I doubt McDaniels gets fired because of Shannies money. But.... I damn sure want him reeled in. And if he quits, then we dont owe him shit.

I'm not saying McDaniels hasn't helped himself out regarding the trade situation, cutting Leach for Paxson, etc [especially based on Reggie Rivers article] but I guess I think a new head coach should be allowed to build his team, make some mistakes and learn from them. McDaniels has no HC experience so he's gonna make some mistakes and I've always believed that I personally learn more from my mistakes than the situations I got right from go. That said, a good owner would also step in when a situation is spiraling out of control and hopefully facilitate a resolution. That's just my opinion though.

weazel
03-16-2009, 10:46 AM
McDaniels isn't going anywhere. I can't beieve the mess he has put this team in though. I still don't see anything being done with the DL and now we are losing the kind of player teams build around. Doesn't look like great managerial skills to me.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 10:49 AM

This is a WIN NOW league. Lets how how many wins McBozo gets with the toughest schedule in the league, no Cutler and a bunch of new FA scrubs he brought in. :tsk:

This franchise is in trouble.

claymore
03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not saying McDaniels hasn't helped himself out regarding the trade situation, cutting Leach for Paxson, etc [especially based on Reggie Rivers article] but I guess I think a new head coach should be allowed to build his team, make some mistakes and learn from them. McDaniels has no HC experience so he's gonna make some mistakes and I've always believed that I personally learn more from my mistakes than the situations I got right from go. That said, a good owner would also step in when a situation is spiraling out of control and hopefully facilitate a resolution. That's just my opinion though.

I believe that from an extent but some players are just not trade bait. An organization needs to show some loyalty.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I believe that from an extent but some players are just not trade bait. An organization needs to show some loyalty.

To who? It's players or the fans? It's a crazy notion, but in some scenarios it's the bottom line.

MadMax
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I vote Keep McDaniels and tell Cutler he can play for us or warm the bench for three years.

nthngd2say
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM

I would agree except for whether Cutler was trade bait or not still seems debatable. According to Klis' article, Billicheat contacted McDaniels 1st and McDaniels mistake was continuing to listen to offers but from all of the articles I have read, I don't recall McDaniels ever shopping Cutler around. I guess McDaniels listening to offers I don't see as the issue but rather that he initially told Cutler he did not do so. I think that is due to inexperience and McDaniels thinking that the trade proposals would not be leaked since his buddy Billicheat was involved. Bad mistake but I believe its due to lack of experience. That of course is jsut my opinion and maybe McDaniels knew exactly what he was doing. I like to naively think not as a Broncos fan because McDaniels will be here for at least 2 seasons just for $ reasons alone. That and Bowlen is clearly backing McDaniels play so I can't see Bowlen quickly washing his hands of McDaniels barring some really terrible seasons back-to-back. We still have alot of talent on this team and if QBs like K.Collins, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson can take a team to the SuperBowl, I think our Broncos will at least stay around 8-8 if Cutler ends up being traded. So... we are stuck with McDaniels for a while I think

Jaws
03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Trade them both for three year's supply of beer so I can get drunk while the team sort's itself out ;)

Maybe add a few pokemon cards in on the deal too.

topscribe
03-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Trade them both for three year's supply of beer so I can get drunk while the team sort's itself out ;)

Sounds as if you want to consume that three year's supply in about three months or so? :laugh:

-----

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Fire a Coach after not even playing a single game and let the inmates run the asylum. Things are getting crazy here.

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Only if you promise to share ;)

Nature Boy
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't care what Bowlen does, he better not let Cutler leave the Broncos.

This would be like letting Elway go when he and Dan Reeves wern't getting long.

Bring Back Mikey! Bring Back Mikey! Bring Back Mikey!

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:55 PM
I voted fire McDaniels, change the uni's to black on silver, and move the franchise to Los Angelas, at least for a couple of years.