PDA

View Full Version : Another VERY interesting McMoron/Cutler Article..

Tebow4Ever
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

at this point, I say that Chris Simms may actually be a viable Option. I really could care less who throws the football as long as Eddie Royal gets another season like last year and we are able to draft a decent RB to help out. Cutler is a crybaby. Not the kind of leader you see on many NFL football teams.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:12 AM
You sure are clever with the "McMoron" name drop. Very original. When he goes and gets a Big Mac meal, do you call me McFatsies or McFatDonaldsLover?

claymore
03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

at this point, I say that Chris Simms may actually be a viable Option. I really could care less who throws the football as long as Eddie Royal gets another season like last year and we are able to draft a decent RB to help out. Cutler is a crybaby. Not the kind of leader you see on many NFL football teams.

I hope Royal gets traded for a 3rd rounder while his value is high.

And we dont see many Cherry Douchebag Coaches try and trade their best player before training camp.

Tebow4Ever
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
very cute. I just wanted to be with the in crowd.

Tebow4Ever
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I hope Royal gets traded for a 3rd rounder while his value is high.

And we dont see many Cherry Douchebag Coaches try and trade their best player before training camp.

WHY, With Brandon Marshall not being resigned yet would you want to get rid of Royal?

Chris90210
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
this article has never been posted before....................

claymore
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
WHY, With Brandon Marshall not being resigned yet would you want to get rid of Royal?

Because its just as ridiculous as saying we will be fine without Cutler, and will be able to win with Chris simms.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Because its just as ridiculous as saying we will be fine without Cutler, and will be able to win with Chris simms.

Whoa. Look back at how many winning seasons Simms has as a starter compared to Cutler and then think about what you just said.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I like Simms. Not saying he's better than Cutler, but the kid has balls. Plus, he WANTS to be the Broncos QB...

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
I think with the right system and an improved defense, Simms could definately be a successful QB. More of a game manager, but so are Brady and Cassell.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
The Broncos won games with Jake friggin' Plummer. Hello?! With or without Cutler, they'll be ok.

Tebow4Ever
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I like Simms. Not saying he's better than Cutler, but the kid has balls. Plus, he WANTS to be the Broncos QB...

"Plus, he WANTS to be the Broncos QB" ....That right there is reason enough for me to want to Start Simms, he's a better character guy. Not all SB MVP Quarterbacks led the NFL in stats. Cutler is here for his name and to keep his cool haircut. Simms wants to play, flatout. ONE player does not make a team. We could get by with an average QB if the Defense can get fixed and the running game gets back to what it's supposed to do best...Run down the clock when we have a lead and Move the chains on downs.

Dirk
03-16-2009, 09:42 AM
The Broncos won games with Jake friggin' Plummer. Hello?! With or without Cutler, they'll be ok.

Agreed, but remember, that was with Shanny at the helm if you are talking post Elway...

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Agreed, but remember, that was with Shanny at the helm if you are talking post Elway...

Here's a concept. Maybe we wait and see what actually happens with McDaniels running the show before we run him out of town.

Crazy idea...I know

Dirk
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Here's a concept. Maybe we wait and see what actually happens with McDaniels running the show before we run him out of town.

Crazy idea...I know

Hold your horse here...I was playing devil's advocate here. No one knows how this season is going to pan out. I was only pointing out the obvious. :D

G_Money
03-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I think with the right system and an improved defense, Simms could definately be a successful QB. More of a game manager, but so are Brady and Cassell.

We have the sort of OL that should be able to keep Simms alive long enough to be a game manager. On some teams he would never last. Here? Here, Simms can be okay.

Will he be? I dunno. Spleen removal, near-death, couple years as a backup....I don't know what he's got in the tank.

He's a tough kid, raised on the New York media so daddy taught him from a young age to be fairly unflappable. He won't have the sensitivity issues that are bugging so many people about Cutler.

He also doesn't have Cutler's gifts, and his TD-to-INT ratio isn't exactly Chad Pennington-esque, so he'll have a lot to learn from McDaniels.

Hopefully he's a good student.

~G

turftoad
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
We have the sort of OL that should be able to keep Simms alive long enough to be a game manager. On some teams he would never last. Here? Here, Simms can be okay.

Will he be? I dunno. Spleen removal, near-death, couple years as a backup....I don't know what he's got in the tank.

He's a tough kid, raised on the New York media so daddy taught him from a young age to be fairly unflappable. He won't have the sensitivity issues that are bugging so many people about Cutler.

He also doesn't have Cutler's gifts, and his TD-to-INT ratio isn't exactly Chad Pennington-esque, so he'll have a lot to learn from McDaniels.

~G

Hopefully Cutler stays so we don't have to worry about it.

claymore
03-16-2009, 10:46 AM

~G
He couldnt keep Griese off the field.

Northman
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
He couldnt keep Griese off the field.

With that revolving circus no one could keep anyone else on the field. :lol:

G_Money
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, but Griese was already as good as he was ever gonna be. Simms still had growing pains to get through, which were cut short by his injury. When coaches are in win-now mode, they normally try to get the most complete player on the field. Sadly, that was Griese.

~G

topscribe
03-16-2009, 10:59 AM

Crazy idea...I know

Nah. I'd like to see him run out of town. At this point, it doesn't matter to me
who is "wronger" than who. Before McDaniels came to town, the Broncos had
(1) huge questions involving the defense and (2) a star QB.

Now, they have (1) huge questions involving the defense and (2) apparently
no star QB. Meanwhile, even the other players are beginning to distrust the
HC over not only Cutler but also the Leach deal.

The whole thing is a mess, and it all began at the HC position. The only thing
they have to go on in judging McDaniels is how things have come down so
far. So how has that worked out?

Sorry kid, you need a few years under your belt to develop some people
skills and to find out that cronyism and nepotism do not fly with your other
constituents when it means they cannot feel secure about their own jobs.
You're a good kid, but not a head coach.

You're the weakest link. Goodbye.

-----

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Cutler said when asked if he would show up on Monday "As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

Cutler: "I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco,"

Cutler: "I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco."

Cutler: “If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver.”

Cutler: “I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday]”

Cutler: “I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed because I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

Cutler: “as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy.”

Cutler: “He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”

Cutler: "At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite.”

Cutler: “It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

But Cook: “But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

McDaniels: “As McDaniels pointed out, Cutler had a completely different expectation when he left their private meeting on Saturday.”

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
You sure are clever with the "McMoron" name drop. Very original. When he goes and gets a Big Mac meal, do you call me McFatsies or McFatDonaldsLover?

Looks like the McMoron lovers are finding out McMoron is a McMoron too.