PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what Mike Shanahan feels about this?

sneakers
03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
I would pay money to get inside Shanahan's head to find out what he thinks about this whole HeyLetsBeIdiotsAndTryToTradeOurStarQBForSomeOverAc hievingQBInNewEnglandAndThenDenyIt-Gate situation?

I wonder if he is like "thats' what you get", or if he is indifferent.

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 05:59 AM
I would pay money to get inside Shanahan's head to find out what he thinks about this whole HeyLetsBeIdiotsAndTryToTradeOurStarQBForSomeOverAc hievingQBInNewEnglandAndThenDenyIt-Gate situation?

He's probably hoping Jay will settle down, and show up................

And then he can try and trade for him wherever Shanny ends up next season ;)

sneakers
03-16-2009, 06:01 AM

In that case I hope Shanny still has Cutler's phone number...he could use a good talking to.

Dirk
03-16-2009, 06:20 AM
In that case I hope Shanny still has Cutler's phone number...he could use a good talking to.

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that if indeed, Bowlen and Shanny are "friends" like they said they are, Pat called up 'ol Mickey and asked him to call Jay and talk to him and get him to settle down.

At the same time, I am hoping that Bowlen takes McNobrains and tells him to get this thing settled so he can stop thinking about dumping him and bringing Shanny back...if only for a "scare" tactic.

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 06:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that if indeed, Bowlen and Shanny are "friends" like they said they are, Pat called up 'ol Mickey and asked him to call Jay and talk to him and get him to settle down.

At the same time, I am hoping that Bowlen takes McNobrains and tells him to get this thing settled so he can stop thinking about dumping him and bringing Shanny back...if only for a "scare" tactic.
Certainly agree with the first part of that.................

I was thinking earlier of an episode of The Shield where Vic Mackey took two gang lords, and locked them in a shipping container.............basically telling them to sort out their differences (however they saw fit), or only one of them would be coming out...............maybe worth a try ;)

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 06:35 AM

Cutler said when asked if he would show up on Monday "As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

Sounds to me like "coach" was telling Jay he didn't want him at the meeting Monday morning :coffee: If someone told you that, what would you think it meant?

Dirk
03-16-2009, 07:15 AM
I was thinking earlier of an episode of The Shield where Vic Mackey took two gang lords, and locked them in a shipping container.............basically telling them to sort out their differences (however they saw fit), or only one of them would be coming out...............maybe worth a try ;)

Ha! I like that idea! Put Jay and McNoBrains in the locker room, lock the doors and tell them that they aren't coming out until they resolve their issues. Whether it be that they are ready to coach/play together nicely or that Jay will be traded. Quit with all the wishy washy stuff!

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 07:42 AM
I like how people just ?!@# on Cassel like he's some sort of douche, it's hilarious. Who was Brady before Bledsoe went down? Please. He doesn't have the physical tools Cutler has, but Montana didn't have Elway's either. Not comparing Cutler to Elway or Cassel to Montana, just making a point. Some should be careful, playing him twice a year now. Cassel could be good, and if he blossoms, NE will become the fountain of QBs.

Dirk
03-16-2009, 07:46 AM
I like how people just ?!@# on Cassel like he's some sort of douche, it's hilarious. Who was Brady before Bledsoe went down? Please. He doesn't have the physical tools Cutler has, but Montana didn't have Elway's either. Not comparing Cutler to Elway or Cassel to Montana, just making a point. Some should be careful, playing him twice a year now. Cassel could be good, and if he blossoms, NE will become the fountain of QBs.

I never wish anything bad on people...but I sure hope Cassell doesn't blossom into a great QB...at least not when he plays us or other AFC West teams...:lol:

BroncoJoe
03-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Cutler said when asked if he would show up on Monday "As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

Sounds to me like "coach" was telling Jay he didn't want him at the meeting Monday morning :coffee: If someone told you that, what would you think it meant?

Sounds to me like if he WASN'T there, it would be a big problem...

Tned
03-16-2009, 08:02 AM

I'm sure he is laughing his ass off, all the way to the bank -- $7 million a year to sit back and watch things implode behind him.

My guess is that on one hand he is sad, seeing this much chaos in an organization where he spent most of his career and one SBs, on the other hand, I am sure he's thinking something like "so, you thought things would be better without me, Pat."

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM
You have to think that Shanny has to take some pleasure out of watching his replacement seemingly make dumb mistake after dumb mistake. Cutler isn't free of fault either but I'm guessing Cutler respected Shanny enough not to second guess him.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 08:34 AM

How on Earth can you possibly decipher that translation from that comment?

Krugan
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM
How on Earth can you possibly decipher that translation from that comment?

I can see where he gets that from. Need to look at the whole situation.

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
You know....

There may be good reason Mike's not coaching anywhere right now.....

He's a very, very smart man who knows this business from the inside out.

Just sayin........

Nobody will pay very close attention to this post, but I'll pull it back out later on.

Chris90210
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
shanny is laughing his butt off right now

cause I know I would

GEM
03-16-2009, 09:23 AM
He's sitting in his 34k sf house laughing his ass off saying....so this is what you wanted?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
He's too busy tanning to care. I bet he is having a real hard time dealing with this when he's getting millions to do nothing. Awesome.

TXBRONC
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm sure he is laughing his ass off, all the way to the bank -- $7 million a year to sit back and watch things implode behind him.

My guess is that on one hand he is sad, seeing this much chaos in an organization where he spent most of his career and one SBs, on the other hand, I am sure he's thinking something like "so, you thought things would be better without me, Pat."

I would not be surprised in the least if he was feeling vindicated.

nj10
03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
We are not trading Jay Cutler...Period

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 12:06 PM
he's looksing at this and saying

"sweet"

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
"Not only did I tear that organization down by neglecting defense, I also held Crytler's hand so much that there won't be another coach that will be able to work with him. Awesome!"

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 12:47 PM
he's looksing at this and saying

"sweet"

Dude.....

NOW do you see why this site is so addictive?

Lol....

Let's hope we don't have to go through this next season.
:salute:

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Dude.....

NOW do you see why this site is so addictive?

Lol....

Let's hope we don't have to go through this next season.
:salute:

I really do

i dnt think Irsay would screw up like this IMO, you're prob. just like me: on pins and needles how Caldwell wil step up and what he has to offer this team

I'm ready to see what our draft will be like

hell i feel like a Bronco fan with all this crap going on right now :tsk:;)

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I really do

i dnt think Irsay would screw up like this IMO, you're prob. just like me: on pins and needles how Caldwell wil step up and what he has to offer this team

I'm ready to see what our draft will be like

hell i feel like a Bronco fan with all this crap going on right now :tsk:;)

I PM'ed you. Lol.

There's no way in hell I feel like a Bronco fan right now.
I feel sorry that this is going on with them.

However, when it's time for Jeff Sat & Manning to be done (cuz you know they're going out about the same time together)...it's gonna be scary.

Jim knows better...dad taught him what NOT to do, lol.

It's been nasty for us too though...if you remember back a bit.

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I PM'ed you. Lol.

There's no way in hell I feel like a Bronco fan right now.
I feel sorry that this is going on with them.

However, when it's time for Jeff Sat & Manning to be done (cuz you know they're going out about the same time together)...it's gonna be scary.

Jim knows better...dad taught him what NOT to do, lol.

It's been nasty for us too though...if you remember back a bit.

Paul Justin....remember him? :lol:

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Paul Justin....remember him? :lol:

:barf:

Hey, isn't he still hiding out somewhere in the AFL?

:lol:

That's sad, really. Poor guy.

We've seen our fair share of bad coaches too.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
I wanted Slowick gone but man.........was it worth all of this?

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM

Hey, isn't he still hiding out somewhere in the AFL?

:lol:

That's sad, really. Poor guy.

:lol::lol::lol:

at least he beat the SB champs that year

but its sad he's the last one that lead a comeback drive before Peyton was drafted :tsk:

BroncoNut
03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought shanahan was going to KC?

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

at least he beat the SB champs that year

but its sad he's the last one that lead a comeback drive before Peyton was drafted :tsk:

Once we got Peyton, nobody remembered anything else.
You know that, lol.

But that time will be up soon. As far as coaches go though....

I just don't want another Infante.

or Mora....
Talk about a pissy fit thrower...Mora was the best piss and moaner I've ever seen. "Playoffs?" "Playoffs?!!?!"

God, the best thing to ever come out of him were those commercials.

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Once we got Peyton, nobody remembered anything else.
You know that, lol.

But that time will be up soon. As far as coaches go though....

I just don't want another Infante.

or Mora....
Talk about a pissy fit thrower...Mora was the best piss and moaner I've ever seen. "Playoffs?" "Playoffs?!!?!"

God, the best thing to ever come out of him were those commercials.

agreed, I hated Mora even when we were winning, he'd piss and moan about that too

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
agreed, I hated Mora even when we were winning, he'd piss and moan about that too

"You think you know...but you have no idea."

"I know you think you know you know....."

He'll be back...more than likely to help Wade Phillips retire :lol:

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
"You think you know...but you have no idea."

"I know you think you know you know....."

He'll be back...more than likely to help Wade Phillips retire :lol:

:pound:

Gamechanger
03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
you guys are gonna hate me but look what I found:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/cutler-shanahan.jpg

Dr Velcro
03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
you guys are gonna hate me but look what I found:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/cutler-shanahan.jpg

They will be ours.....

The day is coming.

It's almost time for everything to come full circle.