PDA

View Full Version : Ask Anything (Be Offensive)

BeefStew25
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey guys. This thread is here for any offensive questions. I once also had a podcast, so you guys know I am prepared to answer any offensive questions.

Fire away.

chazoe60
02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
What does urine taste like?

BeefStew25
02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
What does urine taste like?

Better than poop. Did you know Stink used to piss himself during games?

MOtorboat
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Beef can you please explain the convergence of the tight end and wide receiver positions over the last 20 years?

Thnikkaman
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Beef, if you and an ex member of this forum decided to start a podcast again, would you let me host it?

BeefStew25
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Beef can you please explain the convergence of the tight end and wide receiver positions over the last 20 years?

Easy. The league is QB driven.

BeefStew25
02-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Beef, if you and an ex member of this forum decided to start a podcast again, would you let me host it?

There is some behind the scenes action going on as we speak.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 12:35 AM

I just came a little bit. I'll send you the boxers

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Hoe and I are going balls deep on the production value.

topscribe
02-15-2012, 08:17 AM

How's the boy doing? He's a Yahoo contact, but I never see him logged in.

-----

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 08:59 AM

so when are the "retards" like Tink and I going to know more about this?

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 09:00 AM

you still keep in touch with Hoe? He was telling me over some bong hits in his dining room how he felt a bit dissed by you

claymore
02-15-2012, 09:05 AM
This thread is alot more informational than the Defensive one.

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Stay on topic.

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
you still keep in touch with Hoe? He was telling me over some bong hits in his dining room how he felt a bit dissed by you

Don't try to drive a wedge into our relationship. That is offensive.

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
so when are the "retards" like Tink and I going to know more about this?

In due time.

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't try to drive a wedge into our relationship. That is offensive.

he did say that Beef. I don't know what your relationship is like now, and it's apparently none of my business. but the diaglogue did occur over the weekend. and i will add that I smiled and nodded and made comments like "yeah, I can see where beef would be that way"

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
he did say that Beef. I don't know what your relationship is like now, and it's apparently none of my business. but the diaglogue did occur over the weekend. and i will add that I smiled and nodded and made comments like "yeah, I can see where beef would be that way"

You sounded like Holy Diver right there.

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 10:18 AM

as much as I wanted to be Holy Diver, I know now that I will always be bronconut

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Beef, do you think Lance Ball has a shot at being our feature back?

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Beef, do you think Lance Ball has a shot at being our feature back?

No. I think that Johnson dude could be our next Tater Bell.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
No. I think that Johnson dude could be our next Tater Bell.

So our next superstar back isn't on the team right now is what you're saying.

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
So our next superstar back isn't on the team right now is what you're saying.

Yeah, I don't think so. But I don't care about that really. RBBC is the new bareback.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think so. But I don't care about that really. RBBC is the new bareback.

I can get on board with RBBC, especially if it extends talented backs careers. How much life do you think these offenses who have all but abandoned the running game are going to last in pro football?

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I can get on board with RBBC, especially if it extends talented backs careers. How much life do you think these offenses who have all but abandoned the running game are going to last in pro football?

Well, the QB will be the focus of offenses. But a solid running game will grind out the defensive defense.

Hard hitting opinions.

SR
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM

I thought he sounded like Jack Handey a little bit there at the end.

SR
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Beef,

If one team scores more points than another team during the game, is it possible for the team that scored fewer points to be victorious? Thanks for your time.

SR

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Beef, how close am I to approaching Nut's level of tardness?

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Beef,

If one team scores more points than another team during the game, is it possible for the team that scored fewer points to be victorious? Thanks for your time.

SR

Yes. Bush beat Gore.

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Beef, how close am I to approaching Nut's level of tardness?

You are a dork, not a retard.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
You are a dork, not a retard.

So you're calling me a girl now?

SR
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes. Bush beat Gore.

I'm speaking merely about football here Beef. Stay on topic.

SR
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
So you're calling me a girl now?

If by "girl" he meant "man among boys" then yeah, he called you a girl.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Beef is getting uppity today. I'm worried that he contracted an STD from a rest stop or something.

slim
02-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Beef, who is the queer in your avy?

BeefStew25
02-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Beef, who is the queer in your avy?

TheReverend

slim
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
TheReverend

How did you get a pick of the Rev?

Also, why is he sucking in his gut like that?

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Beef is getting uppity today. I'm worried that he contracted an STD from a rest stop or something.

ignore him Tink. post around him when he's like that. eff him

slim
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
ignore him Tink. post around him when he's like that. eff him

He has had his status as resident BAMF challenged by a better conditioned, better looking, more intelligent, gayer poster. It was bound to cause him some consternation.

SR
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
TheReverend

You've gotta be shitting me.

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
He has had his status as resident BAMF challenged by a better conditioned, better looking, more intelligent, gayer poster. It was bound to cause him some consternation.

he's like this off and on. I can't help but think that the reclusive Rex is the puppeteer and Beef is his puppet. I believe the Horsemen are alive and welll

BroncoNut
02-15-2012, 02:41 PM

that would be cool to shit you, or any person for that matter.

SR
02-15-2012, 08:54 PM

that would be cool to shit you, or any person for that matter.

It would be entertaining to watch you shit me

sneakers
02-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Beef, is it ever awkward when the quarterback goes up to the center who he has never really met and puts his hand between his legs? If so, how do they overcome this?

BeefStew25
02-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Usually a weekend in Palm Springs or Key West solves that issue.

OMorange&blue
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I have a Q. During the NE game it looked like NE was putting alot of guys in the box and playing the CBs waaaaayyyy off the wrs. Why didn't McCoy install some quick slant audible when NE gave that look?

TIA

OMorange&blue
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
What, wrong thread?

BeefStew25
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Damn. I won't watch the WR's until a ball is thrown to them. You stumped me Omo.

How about.....McCoy sucks?

topscribe
02-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Beef, is it ever awkward when the quarterback goes up to the center who he has never really met and puts his hand between his legs? If so, how do they overcome this?

If you watch real closely (you might have to use the pause/slo-mo feature),
you will see a little piece of paper in the quarterback's fingers. He's slipping
his phone number to the center . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Damn. I won't watch the WR's until a ball is thrown to them. You stumped me Omo.

How about.....McCoy sucks?

it's diffiult to evaluate that part of the game as a home veiwer of most. I am not that adept at cover defenses and the strategies used there.

Jsteve01
02-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Stay in character nut

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Stay in character nut

you mean clueless? I'm actually learning alot about the game in my spare time. not having played it, I need to study it to get the most out of it at this point in my life.

go ahead and make fun of me all you want, that goes for everyone. I may not have followed for years and years and know everyone coming out of college, but I like to watch football and appreciate athletic talent. It is fun

TheReverend
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
you mean clueless? I'm actually learning alot about the game in my spare time. not having played it, I need to study it to get the most out of it at this point in my life.

go ahead and make fun of me all you want, that goes for everyone. I may not have followed for years and years and know everyone coming out of college, but I like to watch football and appreciate athletic talent. It is fun

Why didn't you want to play it? Developed the interest later in life?

topscribe
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM

Don't feel bad, my friend. I've watched football for some 50-odd years and
played it (a long time ago), and much of what I know today I learned right
here on these boards -- and I'm still no expert by any shot . . . :confused:

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Why didn't you want to play it? Developed the interest later in life?

well, I was not that great of an athlete in high school (or didnt' think I was, I hated hs), but I loved watching the game, college ball especially (go hawks). then I fell away from even that in college as I drank, chased dudes, and discovered rugby. LOVED rugby, and I was good. Played for several years after college with city clubs, then went to grad school looking for a silver bullet and by that time, I was into my early 30's and wasn't training. went to a few practices when I moved out here, but I just wasn't into it anymore. figured I'd never become a fan of any sport or player as I was not "an observer" My denver fandom really dates back to a CO vacation in 78. fell in love with mountains, all that. was always looking for a team since I was from Iowa (no pro teams). I selected them as my team at about that time. they were in thier first sb that year (sb12 i believe) anyway, I got really pissed off at steeler fans here in the DC area and I just said eff it. I'm a Denver fan. I've really apprecidated the sport and being an observer. but I don't have a long term knowledge of the game. It's a great game, but definitely still learning.

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Don't feel bad, my friend. I've watched football for some 50-odd years and
played it (a long time ago), and much of what I know today I learned right
here on these boards -- and I'm still no expert by any shot . . . :confused:

-----
I need to always be learning to stay tuned into something. It's weird becauese I'll be watching games with people that follow and I see things developing before they do. I think alot of that is that I played contact sports (know what it's like to hit and be hit) (and am competitive as hell in general) and can kinda "put" myself into the player/game.

TheReverend
02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
well, I was not that great of an athlete in high school (or didnt' think I was, I hated hs), but I loved watching the game, college ball especially (go hawks). then I fell away from even that in college as I drank, chased dudes, and discovered rugby. LOVED rugby, and I was good. Played for several years after college with city clubs, then went to grad school looking for a silver bullet and by that time, I was into my early 30's and wasn't training. went to a few practices when I moved out here, but I just wasn't into it anymore. figured I'd never become a fan of any sport or player as I was not "an observer" My denver fandom really dates back to a CO vacation in 78. fell in love with mountains, all that. was always looking for a team since I was from Iowa (no pro teams). I selected them as my team at about that time. they were in thier first sb that year (sb12 i believe) anyway, I got really pissed off at steeler fans here in the DC area and I just said eff it. I'm a Denver fan. I've really apprecidated the sport and being an observer. but I don't have a long term knowledge of the game. It's a great game, but definitely still learning.

Interesting story.

It's certainly even more fun to play. Cultured, civilized and evolved as we may want to believe we are, we're still animals that take pleasure in delivering pain in a push for asserting physical dominance.

Granted, the catharsis from watching it is still great.

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Interesting story.

It's certainly even more fun to play. Cultured, civilized and evolved as we may want to believe we are, we're still animals that take pleasure in delivering pain in a push for asserting physical dominance.

absolutely and totally.we are social animals. Whoever wins the game gets the lioness. sports are great.

btw. rugby is NOT football without pads. Rugby's tough and physical, but they are quite a bit different to me anyway

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Interesting story.

For this reason, I often watch only one football game: the Broncos. As for the
rest, I find the tennis/raquetball courts, swimming pool, and my bicycle more
appealing . . .

-----

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I need to always be learning to stay tuned into something. It's weird becauese I'll be watching games with people that follow and I see things developing before they do. I think alot of that is that I played contact sports (know what it's like to hit and be hit) (and am competitive as hell in general) and can kinda "put" myself into the player/game.

Y'know, come to think of it, I often will, say, look at a linebacker and say to
myself, "that guy's gonna blitz," and he does. Kinda fun . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Y'know, come to think of it, I often will, say, look at a linebacker and say to
myself, "that guy's gonna blitz," and he does. Kinda fun . . .

-----

I have a nose for the lose ball. I can tell when a player's in position to rip the ball, things like that. Or in the melee of play, I say oh, shit, that play has fumble written all over it. It's such game of inches in so many aspects.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I have a nose for the lose ball. I can tell when a player's in position to rip the ball, things like that. Or in the melee of play, I say oh, shit, that play has fumble written all over it. It's such game of inches in so many aspects.

Like when Tebow is winding up to throw, and his arm is fully extended behind him?

-----

turftoad
02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Like when Tebow is winding up to throw, and his arm is fully extended behind him?

-----

Thats his secret round house throw. Nobody knows it's comming. ;)

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Thats his secret round house throw. Nobody knows it's comming. ;)

Have you ever studied his throwing motion? He extends it way back behind him,
then it comes up clear behind his head, and then he puts everything he has
into it. He looks like a center fielder trying to throw the ball to home plate. It
really makes me question his arm strength. Elway could throw the thing 70
yards with seemingly little more than the flick of a wrist . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM

-----

yes. I can tell on running backs too. they way they are running. other indidcators besides how secure the ball is at the moment.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
yes. I can tell on running backs too. they way they are running. other indidcators besides how secure the ball is at the moment.

You should have been a coach . . .

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Have you ever studied his throwing motion? He extends it way back behind him,
then it comes up clear behind his head, and then he puts everything he has
into it. He looks like a center fielder trying to throw the ball to home plate. It
really makes me question his arm strength. Elway could throw the thing 70
yards with seemingly little more than the flick of a wrist . . .

-----
I hope this is does not violoate our pm'd agreement of a couple weeks ago (don't really remember that specifics of that anymore anyway), but speaking of being productive with just a flick of the wrist, I know of a thread that should be bumped here soon

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I hope this is does not violoate our pm'd agreement of a couple weeks ago (don't really remember that specifics of that anymore anyway), but speaking of being productive with just a flick of the wrist, I know of a thread that should be bumped here soon

I don't remember that agreement. PM me again.

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:32 PM
You should have been a coach . . .

-----

in some regard, maybe. I'm more of a technician than a manager though. but yeah, I think I would have an eye for talent and weaknesses in the game

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't remember that agreement. PM me again.

-----

you asked me to not do something. post something. It wasn't like a big secret. something you wanted to keep out of the P and R or something?

topscribe
02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
you asked me to not do something. post something. It wasn't like a big secret. something you wanted to keep out of the P and R or something?

Oh yeah, about my site . . .

Well, there are some folks here who don't care about all that. :focus:

:)

-----

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, about my site . . .

Well, there are some folks here who don't care about that. :focus:

:)

-----

was that what it was on? I dont kow anything about it,

BeefStew25
02-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Top was the forward pass a big deal at first?

BroncoNut
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM

back in the 60s and 70s the game was really run oriented

turftoad
02-23-2012, 03:58 PM

back in the 60s and 70s the game was really run oriented

Thanks Top.

topscribe
02-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks Top.

Sometimes, I have Nut do my speaking for me.

He's good at that . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

WTE
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM

I hope he ansers that. I'm dying to know.

I also heard that concussions would be greatly reduced if players wore leather helmets again. Tops, were there a lot less concussions when you used to play?

topscribe
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM

I also heard that concussions would be greatly reduced if players wore leather helmets again. Tops, were there a lot less concussions when you used to play?

Well, actually . . .

Um . . . what was the question again?

-----

Lancane
02-26-2012, 01:11 AM

They just had thicker skulls! :D

topscribe
02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
They just had thicker skulls! :D

Are you saying I'm hard-headed?

-----

Lancane
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Are you saying I'm hard-headed?

-----

Me? Never! :D

;)