PDA

View Full Version : McLIAR

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 04:21 AM
McLIAR:
"Jay is very talented. I have had an opportunity to watch him a number of times on film and in person once this year. He has a lot of ability. I know just from some of the information that I gathered on him coming out of college that he is a very intelligent person, a very intelligent player. He does a lot of things well. I think Jay is going to enjoy playing in this system, this offense. It is very quarterback friendly once you get to the point where you can use all the tools that it gives the quarterback. Obviously he is a very important part of our success going forward and I can’t wait to get started working with him."

McDaniels claimed that Cutler hasn’t been responsive to his calls (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) or Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen.

“Again, I think that’s been a pattern,” McDaniels said. “When he came here this weekend, we couldn’t get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone.

Cutler:
“Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because -he -wanted -to -coach -me -and that we needed to trust each other,” Cutler said. “He’s never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?”

Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#), only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

Bus Cook:

For his part, Cutler’s agent said he’s shocked that things have gone so badly.
“I thought it was going to get worked out,” Cook said. “But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team.”

McDONKEY lied.............then admitted it................but is trying to tell Jay hes gonna do what he thinks is best...................but hes NOT trading Jay.....................but he might trade him if he feels like it.

Hey, its easy to see why someone would want to lie to Cutler considering the whole circumstance. But that doesnt make it right........and it ALSO means that you need to admit you screwed up, and take whats coming.

If McDonkey owns up to the truth, then things can get straight. If he doesnt, he wont be a headcoach for very long.

McDonkey wants a one on one with Cutler cause he doesnt want anyone else to hear him tell Jay he lied and hes sorry................no witnesses that way.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
McLIAR:
"Jay is very talented. I have had an opportunity to watch him a number of times on film and in person once this year. He has a lot of ability. I know just from some of the information that I gathered on him coming out of college that he is a very intelligent person, a very intelligent player. He does a lot of things well. I think Jay is going to enjoy playing in this system, this offense. It is very quarterback friendly once you get to the point where you can use all the tools that it gives the quarterback. Obviously he is a very important part of our success going forward and I can’t wait to get started working with him."

McDaniels claimed that Cutler hasn’t been responsive to his calls (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) or Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen.

“Again, I think that’s been a pattern,” McDaniels said. “When he came here this weekend, we couldn’t get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone.

Cutler:
“Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because -he -wanted -to -coach -me -and that we needed to trust each other,” Cutler said. “He’s never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?”

Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#), only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

Bus Cook:

“I thought it was going to get worked out,” Cook said. “But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team.”

McDONKEY lied.............then admitted it................but is trying to tell Jay hes gonna do what he thinks is best...................but hes NOT trading Jay.....................but he might trade him if he feels like it.

Hey, its easy to see why someone would want to lie to Cutler considering the whole circumstance. But that doesnt make it right........and it ALSO means that you need to admit you screwed up, and take whats coming.

If McDonkey owns up to the truth, then things can get straight. If he doesnt, he wont be a headcoach for very long.

McDonkey wants a one on one with Cutler cause he doesnt want anyone else to hear him tell Jay he lied and hes sorry................no witnesses that way.

Cutler said: "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things, but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

Sounds to me like Cutler was willing to meet McDonkey one on one... He just wanted to mend this so he could be a Bronco.. It's really hard to believe so many are coming down on a guy who is willing to put up with so much deceit and BS just so he can remain a Bronco....:tsk:

Dirk
03-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Sounds to me like Cutler was willing to meet McDonkey one on one... He just wanted to mend this so he could be a Bronco.. It's really hard to believe so many are coming down on a guy who is willing to put up with so much deceit and BS just so he can remain a Bronco....:tsk:

Yeah, how can a person feel comfortable knowing that the one person that is supposed to have your back...lies to you all the time.

Can you imagine how McNoBrains is going to throw Jay under the bus any time the Broncos lose? (that's saying if Jay is still a Broncos QB).

"Oh, we could have won that game, I had everything in place to win, but Jay just didn't execute it the way I wanted him too."

I can see it now...the Coach just needs to grow up and away from the lying, cheating Patriots way.....(sorry Pats fans, but it had to be said) :D

turftoad
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Yep, he lied plain and simple.

This whole thing has been a trust issue from the day McBozo stepped off the plane.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh goody. Another thread interpreting what was said without any evidence.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Man, people just keep getting more and more clever with the names for Josh. Woot.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM

REPORT: CUTLER WANTS OUT OF DENVER, ASKS TO BE TRADED
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 16, 2009, 1:31 a.m.
Breaking his public silence, disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com that he doesn’t trust coach Josh McDaniels and wants to be traded.

Cutler and McDaniels had vastly differing views about their Saturday meeting intended to deal with the fallout of the Broncos engaging in trade discussions about quarterback Matt Cassel.

“I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco,” Cutler told ESPN.com. “We weren’t in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I’m concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy.

“He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn’t sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he’ll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”

From his standpoint, Cutler said he felt like it’s clear he’s unwanted by Broncos management.

“At the end of the meeting, he wasn’t like, ‘Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you’re our guy,’” Cutler said. “It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can’t work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco.

“Really, I figured we’d hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened was the last thing I expected. If I didn’t think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and [Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook] it’s not something they want to fix.”

Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

The Broncos have since told Cook, who also represents retired quarterback Brett Favre, that they don’t intend to trade Cutler.

“Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other,” Cutler said. “He’s never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?”

Responding to Cutler’s remarks, McDaniels told ESPN.com that he had wanted to avoid this kind of back-and-forth through the media.

“I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it’s only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context,” McDaniels said.

McDaniels claimed that Cutler hasn’t been responsive to his calls or Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen.

“There wasn’t any yelling, none of that. I can’t believe we get to a totally different [interpretation]. It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we’ve done our best to limit that.”

About the only thing McDaniels and Cutler seem to agree on is that McDaniels hasn’t knocked Cutler’s performance from last season.

Cutler reiterated that he won’t attend Monday’s workouts, but will show up for mandatory minicamps as well as training camp. Of course, that’s assuming that Cutler is still on the roster.

Plus, the quarterback emphasized that recently putting his house up for sale isn’t a reaction to this controversy.

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Man, people just keep getting more and more clever with the names for Josh. Woot.

beat me to it.....

very funny...

i wanna try.....

McLyingnopenis!!:elefant::elefant::elefant:

claymore
03-16-2009, 09:55 AM

And you guys will continue to blindly follow McDaniels. The McDaniels road show has been a disaster. He turned this organization, its fans etc... upside down in less than a couple of weeks.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll believe whatever Jay says, cause he says it.

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 10:00 AM
And you guys will continue to blindly follow McDaniels. The McDaniels road show has been a disaster. He turned this organization, its fans etc... upside down in less than a couple of weeks.

this is bowlens fault...... He got had by rookie coach....

And why didnt we wait 2 more days for Spagnolo??? Telling me that the the RAMS coaching job was more prominant that Denver's?

Give me a break....We needed defense to save this team.... So Bowlen hires a stuck up rookie offensive coordinater coach....

Firing Shanny for a downgrade was not what i wanted....

DenverBronkHoes
03-16-2009, 10:02 AM
our team a laffing stock right now......

theres prolly atleast 8 teams just drooling over this shit... Waiting for their new franchise QB to leave D-town and play with a team who wants him

turftoad
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I'll believe whatever Jay says, cause he says it.

"“He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn’t sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he’ll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”

He..............would be McDanels. McDaneils admitted it.

Hows that so hard to understand?

Flatinum
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
This is how Jay wanted the meeting to go:

McDaniels - We love you Jay, please stay. Your the best qb in the league and we'd be crazy to even think of trading you. I really screwed up and an sorry for doing so. We need you more than anyone else on the team. Please stay, I'm begging you.

Really people, Jay's crying started 2 seasons ago when he said that Phillis and the Bolts were disrespecting him at the end of a game. He's a whiner and a crybaby and he's continuing to show his true colours. If he wants out now - bye bye. The last thing the Broncos need now is a cancer in the locker room and if the Broncos don't trade him that's exactly what they'll get. After all Jay has shown everyone that he's out for himself and that's it.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
This is how Jay wanted the meeting to go:

McDaniels - We love you Jay, please stay. Your the best qb in the league and we'd be crazy to even think of trading you. I really screwed up and an sorry for doing so. We need you more than anyone else on the team. Please stay, I'm begging you.

Really people, Jay's crying started 2 seasons ago when he said that Phillis and the Bolts were disrespecting him at the end of a game. He's a whiner and a crybaby and he's continuing to show his true colours. If he wants out now - bye bye. The last thing the Broncos need now is a cancer in the locker room and if the Broncos don't trade him that's exactly what they'll get. After all Jay has shown everyone that he's out for himself and that's it.

Oh, you must have talked to Jay.

Flatinum
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh, you must have talked to Jay.

I talk to Jay just like everyone else on here.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Hows that so hard to understand?

Does it change that Cutler's acted like a little bitch over the past two weeks? Like I said, even with all this nobody here knows everything that went on. Just because Jay came out and talked to ESPN doesn't mean everything he is saying is the gospel. Same goes for McDaniels. I'm just ready for this to end. Trade him. I bet Jay will look super cool in the Lions new uniforms.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 10:08 AM

That's the misconception. None of us are blindly choosing one side or the other. The problem is that Cutler and Cook are out in the open whining about it all. Sorry, but the credibility of a story holds more value to me if you arent a bitch about it.

claymore
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
That's the misconception. None of us are blindly choosing one side or the other. The problem is that Cutler and Cook are out in the open whining about it all. Sorry, but the credibility of a story holds more value to me if you arent a bitch about it.
I dont think he is being a bitch...

I am angry with management for allowing this to happen. The gaaf is on McDaniels....

He is the HC.... How does he allow this sideshow to happen?

claymore
03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Does it change that Cutler's acted like a little bitch over the past two weeks? Like I said, even with all this nobody here knows everything that went on. Just because Jay came out and talked to ESPN doesn't mean everything he is saying is the gospel. Same goes for McDaniels. I'm just ready for this to end. Trade him. I bet Jay will look super cool in the Lions new uniforms.

Why is trading Jay Cutler the best thing for the Broncos? And where did he act like a bitch? He opened his mouth more than he should have yeah, but McDaniels got to big for his britches, and couldnt/cant man up admit a mistake and drive on.

turftoad
03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I dont think he is being a bitch...

I am angry with management for allowing this to happen. The gaaf is on McDaniels....

He is the HC.... How does he allow this sideshow to happen?

He's angry at managment for not telling him the truth.

It's always been about trust. McDanials lied, plain and simple. He admitted it.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Why is trading Jay Cutler the best thing for the Broncos? And where did he act like a bitch? He opened his mouth more than he should have yeah, but McDaniels got to big for his britches, and couldnt/cant man up admit a mistake and drive on.

I've already discussed ad nauseum why it's the best idea. You know, yesterday I was saying, "If it gets to the point where Jay comes out and shows he doesn't want to play in Denver or we have no ability to re-sign him. . ." -- well, that shit happened. He asked to be traded. His wish should be McDaniels' command.