PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow working with QB guru

Magnificent Seven
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
The Broncos cannot work with him yet, but Tebow has gotten a jump on his improvement plan. Bruce Feldman of CBS tweeted that Tebow is in Los Angles this week to work with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone on his mechanics.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39901/tim-tebow-working-with-qb-guru

iLands
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
:elefant:

MileHighCrew
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
that can't be anything but good news.

TXBRONC
02-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope whatever he gets out of it sticks.

wayninja
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to jump on this:

Mazzone is considered one of the premier quarterback coaches in the college ranks.

LTC Pain
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I hope whatever he gets out of sticks.

What? :confused:

And where are the handful of folks mocking TT and claiming he's not doing anything to improve in the off season???

MOtorboat
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Good. Hopefully it works.

iLands
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll take this over workouts with his brother EVERY day.

So far, this offseason has been nothing but good news.

WHOEVER you are, this is what you hope to see.

Broncos fans UNITE

Lancane
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to jump on this:

Why? I think Noel was a good choice, he's worked with Rivers, Osweiler, Stouffer among others. He could have chose a far worse passing coach, and Coach Mazzone has worked with those quarterbacks that have unusual physical builds and mechanics.

So we'll see what comes of it.

wayninja
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Why? I think Noel was a good choice, he's worked with Rivers, Osweiler, Stouffer among others. He could have chose a far worse passing coach, and Coach Mazzone has worked with those quarterbacks that have unusual physical builds and mechanics.

So we'll see what comes of it.

Oh, I think it's a good choice too, that's not why I think it will be jumped on.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Here is background on Mazzone - and on the link it states he worked with TT prior to the NFL Combines

http://www.championshipsystems.com/noel-mazzone

Lancane
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh, I think it's a good choice too, that's not why I think it will be jumped on.

What, that he's a Collegiate Coach? That doesn't bother me, he's coached at the Pro level as a member of Mangini's staff with the Jets. Not that he produced a quarterback while there, but all in all, he is a quarterback coach and that's what Tim needs.

Thnikkaman
02-14-2012, 03:39 PM

Well if you share the reason you think it will be jumped on, it may be a preemptive strike to prevent it.

Otherwise, if you are going to be coy on a message board about a theory you have, why post?

Lancane
02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Here is background on Mazzone - and on the link it states he worked with TT prior to the NFL Combines

Not the best site to show his accomplishments Carol, that's basically to sell his collegiate style spread offensive system to those who want to use it mainly at the High School level. And the man knows more then a spread offense and has produced more kids then that list mentions. As I stated above, he worked with Osweiler this season under Erickson who as we all know was Jack Elway Sr.'s friend, a mentor to John and then to his son when he went to Arizona State. Such a site might ignite a bigger, more heated debate.

claymore
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Hopefully Elway hand selected this guy to teach Tebow. Id hate for Tebow to learn more bad habits in a system Elway didnt want to run.

WARHORSE
02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
How come no ones talkin about Brady?

Bradys lonely.

Wonder who hes working out with?

Its a sad day when no one is talkin about Brady Quinn.:coffee:

wayninja
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Well if you share the reason you think it will be jumped on, it may be a preemptive strike to prevent it.

Otherwise, if you are going to be coy on a message board about a theory you have, why post?

Tink, do you really need the theory spelled out?

Tebow is polarizing. Critics have been bashing the fact that he's not working with anyone during the offseason like Cam. Now that he is, same critics will want to find a new angle. I suspect this as the angle.

Sorry, I didn't think I was being coy with something so obvious.

weazel
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
sounds good to me, can't wait to see what else this team does to get better in the offseason!!

BORDERLINE
02-14-2012, 04:52 PM
*fingers crossed* hope it works.

Northman
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
What, that he's a Collegiate Coach? That doesn't bother me, he's coached at the Pro level as a member of Mangini's staff with the Jets. Not that he produced a quarterback while there, but all in all, he is a quarterback coach and that's what Tim needs.

I think he was just trolling Lan. Lately he's been trying to push buttons in his posts so i think that is where he was going with it.

VonSackemMiller
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Hopefully Elway hand selected this guy to teach Tebow. Id hate for Tebow to learn more bad habits in a system Elway didnt want to run.

What does mechanics have to do with a system??? :/

Thnikkaman
02-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Tink, do you really need the theory spelled out?

Tebow is polarizing. Critics have been bashing the fact that he's not working with anyone during the offseason like Cam. Now that he is, same critics will want to find a new angle. I suspect this as the angle.

Sorry, I didn't think I was being coy with something so obvious.

Your message would be conveyed better without heavy reliance on pronouns. What is obvious for some, is not to others.

MOtorboat
02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, the rumors that he's dating Katy Perry while in SoCal are not true...

Lancane
02-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately, the rumors that he's dating Katy Perry while in SoCal are not true...

Yeah, we know she could help him work on his mechanics! :lol:

MasterShake
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah, we know she could help him work on his mechanics! :lol:

But she is a pop singer, not a footba... ooooohhhh!

SEXUALLY YOU MEAN! This guy! Watch out for him!

8X_Ot0k4XJc

catfish
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM

based on the interviw with bayless i doubt tebow does anything (football related) without running it by the coaches first. I was really worried he wasn't going to get a coach for that reason, thank God he did

skins_fan82
02-14-2012, 06:01 PM
This is the best news of the Broncos off-season so far...

I'm telling you man, if Tebow can learn to throw the ball accurately and make quicker decisions...he's going to be a PROBLEM for opposing defenses...

wayninja
02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
I think he was just trolling Lan. Lately he's been trying to push buttons in his posts so i think that is where he was going with it.

I was trolling? By posting that I think this will be criticised? Who's buttons have I been pushing?

Please explain.

broncobryce
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
WTF? He's got chicks to bang an books to write. Very disappointing news.

Lancane
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
WTF? He's got chicks to bang an books to write. Very disappointing news.

I know...he should at least sow his holy oats! :lol:

Jsteve01
02-14-2012, 07:22 PM
what is it with guys named Mazzone. Leo Mazzone was the best pitching coach in the majors for over a decade.

Hope this guy has that type of effect on Tim

claymore
02-14-2012, 07:29 PM
What does mechanics have to do with a system??? :/

You are right. I should have said "I hope JE Approves of this guy." I dont want him to learn bad habbits and confuse him more". I have never seen a "Pro" QB need so much work. He doesnt have time to learn the wrong things.

The stuff he is getting now, needs to be reenforced later. Im critical of the dude because I think he is terrible. Not knocking him for trying to get better.

claymore
02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
based on the interviw with bayless i doubt tebow does anything (football related) without running it by the coaches first. I was really worried he wasn't going to get a coach for that reason, thank God he did

I think everyone on the planet wants this guy to succeed. So, I couldnt imagine Elway and company not finding a guy for Tebow. Or at least helping with the process.

Im sure Tebow has every nut swinger on the planet trying to fix him, and attach their name to him if he succeeds. It probably does alot of good to run that stuff thru the Broncos.

nevcraw
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
You are right. I should have said "I hope JE Approves of this guy." I dont want him to learn bad habbits and confuse him more". I have never seen a "Pro" QB need so much work. He doesnt have time to learn the wrong things.

The stuff he is getting now, needs to be reenforced later. Im critical of the dude because I think he is terrible. Not knocking him for trying to get better.

agreed I hope he finds a guy who fits what he needs to fix..

But terrible -- tough word to describe a guy who won enough games to get to the playoffs and win one there.. terrible and unconventional are 2 different things..

slim
02-14-2012, 07:57 PM
what is it with guys named Mazzone. Leo Mazzone was the best pitching coach in the majors for over a decade.

Well, this guy turned Kelly Stouffer into what you see today.

So, there is that.

catfish
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
I think everyone on the planet wants this guy to succeed. So, I couldnt imagine Elway and company not finding a guy for Tebow. Or at least helping with the process.

Im sure Tebow has every nut swinger on the planet trying to fix him, and attach their name to him if he succeeds. It probably does alot of good to run that stuff thru the Broncos.

I didn't mean to imply that they would tell him not to get a coach, more along the lines of if they didn't specifically bring it up he might not get one on his own

pnbronco
02-14-2012, 11:45 PM

I don't anything about this guy, but from what they said on "The Fan" today, he worked with this guy before the combine. Also they kept saying this is "Tebow" guy, like they have worked together more than once before.

I hope it all works out and he gets what he needs.

tomjonesrocks
02-14-2012, 11:53 PM
No one questions his work ethic...

Guess we will see if mechanics can change.

VonSackemMiller
02-15-2012, 12:19 AM
mechanics can change, when alot of high school qbs come in thwy either have em or they dont. Its up to that college staff to install em the best to there abilities. Urban myer never once had tenow working on mechanics. Tebow will have a new motion this year.

Canmore
02-15-2012, 12:30 AM
mechanics can change, when a lot of high school qbs come in they either have em or they don't. Its up to that college staff to install em the best to there abilities. Urban myer never once had tebow working on mechanics. Tebow will have a new motion this year.

I would be happy to see him with more consistent footwork. I don't know that you change his delivery at this point, as much as I hate the windup.

Northman
02-15-2012, 03:35 AM
I was trolling? By posting that I think this will be criticised? Who's buttons have I been pushing?

Please explain.

Settle down Way. I think your a great poster but you have to admit lately you've been popping off smart ass remarks in just about every Tebow thread to get a rise out of people. Not saying your the only one that does it but i have noticed it as of late. Doesnt make you the anti-christ, just calling it like i see it mate.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Good news. I didn't have much doubt that Tebow would work hard this offseason to improve. He's one of his own harshest critics.

As for all you guys talking about Katy Perry and Tim hooking up, that's a terrible idea! I want him to stay a virgin forever (or at least until after he's become a top 5 QB with SB rings). Seriously, you remember the first time for you (you were probably in high school)? Tim didn't do it in high school and therefore he'll probably end up just like a high school kid when it finally does.

Once it happens, it tends to dominate your thoughts and screw up your priorities a little. It becomes the #1 thing for most guys and Tim doesn't need any more distractions :shocked: . I know I spent the majority of my time chasing tail until I was married. It messes with your brain! Tim needs to not be distracted by hot chicks (because they are the devil) and focus on football.

Keep it up, Tim! Don't give in to the temptations of the flesh until the Broncos are hoisting the Lombardi once more! Stay on target! :D

TXBRONC
02-15-2012, 07:36 AM
What? :confused:

And where are the handful of folks mocking TT and claiming he's not doing anything to improve in the off season???

I hope whatever he does with this quarterback guru sticks with him.

Northman
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM
As for all you guys talking about Katy Perry and Tim hooking up, that's a terrible idea! I want him to stay a virgin forever (or at least until after he's become a top 5 QB with SB rings). Seriously, you remember the first time for you (you were probably in high school)? Tim didn't do it in high school and therefore he'll probably end up just like a high school kid when it finally does.

Once it happens, it tends to dominate your thoughts and screw up your priorities a little. It becomes the #1 thing for most guys and Tim doesn't need any more distractions :shocked: . I know I spent the majority of my time chasing tail until I was married. It messes with your brain! Tim needs to not be distracted by hot chicks (because they are the devil) and focus on football.

Keep it up, Tim! Don't give in to the temptations of the flesh until the Broncos are hoisting the Lombardi once more! Stay on target! :D

Dead on. At least let me hit up Katy first Teebs!

hotcarl
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Who cares

broncobryce
02-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Its footwork I think, and timing he needs to fix mostly.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

iLands
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Its footwork I think, and timing he needs to fix mostly.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

This QB trainer improved the footwork of Rivers dramatically, so I'm not in the least surprised if that is the focus.

Chef Zambini
02-15-2012, 11:53 AM
This is the best news of the Broncos off-season so far...

I'm telling you man, if Tebow can learn to throw the ball accurately and make quicker decisions...he's going to be a PROBLEM for opposing defenses...

the best news of the off season is tuten being DUMPED fpr a professional !
\ Glad to read tebow doing football things and nopt pissing away his off season like he did last year!
less muscle, more mensa!
less commercials, more completions, thank you !

OrangeHoof
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM

The link touts more running backs he's coached than quarterbacks. And if you have to tout that you coached Tebow before the combines, doesn't that say rather little about how well you coach quarterbacks?

I'm not trying to knock Mazzone, but I'm just underwhelmed by the resume. Where are all the big name quarterback coaches?

OrangeHoof
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM

If he were coached by Leo Mazzone, he would throw everything at the receiver's knees on the outside corner.

Chef Zambini
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
The link touts more running backs he's coached than quarterbacks. And if you have to tout that you coached Tebow before the combines, doesn't that say rather little about how well you coach quarterbacks?

I'm not trying to knock Mazzone, but I'm just underwhelmed by the resume. Where are all the big name quarterback coaches?they may not have the same religious convictions.

TXBRONC
02-15-2012, 01:52 PM
If he were coached by Leo Mazzone, he would throw everything at the receiver's knees on the outside corner.

He would also teach him how to throw a circle change up.

TheReverend
02-15-2012, 02:09 PM
This QB trainer improved the footwork of Rivers dramatically, so I'm not in the least surprised if that is the focus.

According to Elway that's the primary goal this off-season:

Jan. 16, 2012 5:29 p.m. - by Lee Rasizer - Elway: Footwork, timing changes important for Tebow
The Broncos aren’t looking for major changes in QB Tim Tebow's delivery. But executive VP John Elway said Tebow’s footwork, drops, timing and rhythm are all teachable changes he’ll try to help instill. “Your feet (are) your time clock and being able to time those things together.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16900224

Npba900
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Tebow just needs to allowed to start all 16 games in 2012 and make him sink or swim from the pocket and from behind center. This way he can be better evaluated on whether he's worth the risk and time moving forward.

Fox IMHO made a huge mistake by installing the gimmicky offense/Tebow ball last season because it severely hampered Tebows development of learning how to play in a pro style-inside-the-pocket system.

What the Broncos got for their troubles was the opportunity to draft with the 25th pick. Sure the Bronco's won their division, made the playoffs, and won one playoff game, however, in truth last years Bronco's were really a 3-5 win team and should have had the top 4-7th pick in the draft vs the 25th pick.

wayninja
02-19-2012, 09:34 PM

Um, wouldn't that be a pretty damn impressive improvement?

wayninja
02-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Tebow just needs to allowed to start all 16 games in 2012 and make him sink or swim from the pocket and from behind center. This way he can be better evaluated on whether he's worth the risk and time moving forward.

Fox IMHO made a huge mistake by installing the gimmicky offense/Tebow ball last season because it severely hampered Tebows development of learning how to play in a pro style-inside-the-pocket system.

What the Broncos got for their troubles was the opportunity to draft with the 25th pick. Sure the Bronco's won their division, made the playoffs, and won one playoff game, however, in truth last years Bronco's were really a 3-5 win team and should have had the top 4-7th pick in the draft vs the 25th pick.

I'm one of the rare few around here that values beating the hated bolts/faiders/queefs over draft position. So for me, the season was an incredible coup.

I would go so far as to claim that a 5 division titles is worth 1 Lombardi trophy. Again, just me.

echobravo
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I like that he is working with a QB "guru". I am not so much bothered by the footwork as watching him hold the ball for a slow eight count.

vandammage13
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM

Steve Young?...Is that you??

Simple Jaded
02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I don't know what's more disturbing; that Tebow actually did work with a coach last offseason or that Tebow went back to the same coach he worked with last offseason.

Tebow has seen more one-on-one training from "guru" after "guru" since the 2010 Sr Bowl than any QB l can remember. He's entering his 11th season of organized football, yet they're still debating whether or not Tebow can master basic fundamentals that most QB's master before they're offered scholarships.

This is by far the worst QB situation in the NFL, at least the other teams with massive issues at QB can openly talk about drafting/signing QB's without half the worlds population losing the frekking mind.......

Magnificent Seven
02-22-2012, 02:44 AM
I wish Tebow could works with Coach Tom Martinez. (Tom Brady's long time mentor) However, Coach Martinez passed away today.

jlarsiii
02-22-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm one of the rare few around here that values beating the hated bolts/faiders/queefs over draft position. So for me, the season was an incredible coup.

I would go so far as to claim that a 5 division titles is worth 1 Lombardi trophy. Again, just me.

I guess that is where we differ. For me, an incredible coup is wining the superbowl, not winning a division with an 8-8 record (the same record as 2 of the other 3 teams in the division).

That is an incredible coup to you? Incredible? Really? Your standards are really low...

And what is "a 5 division titles" anyway? If you mean 5 division titles is worth 1 superbowl then I couldn't disagree more. Division titles are worth nothing. It is superbowl or bust...

claymore
02-22-2012, 07:57 AM
I guess that is where we differ. For me, an incredible coup is wining the superbowl, not winning a division with an 8-8 record (the same record as 2 of the other 3 teams in the division).

That is an incredible coup to you? Incredible? Really? Your standards are really low...

And what is "a 5 division titles" anyway? If you mean 5 division titles is worth 1 superbowl then I couldn't disagree more. Division titles are worth nothing. It is superbowl or bust...

The division crown would have meant more if we won it outright. We had to wait till the raiders lost their game before we broke out the champagne.

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
The division crown would have meant more if we won it outright. We had to wait till the raiders lost their game before we broke out the champagne.

How would it have meant more to win it outright when the legitimacy of every victory we had with Tebow at quarterback has been criticized as being lucky? The critics would still say title is illegitimate.

Jsteve01
02-22-2012, 09:51 AM

just ask the 96-97 team. Or ask the team from the previous season if winning the division was consolation for being bumped by the Jagwads

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM

I agree that a division title or even five is not equivalent to even won Super Bowl.

What I do take positively from this season is that did win the division title when just about everyone said that Denver wouldn't even be competitive in the division. It was nice to get back to the playoffs but that's not end game.

The goal is to win Super Bowl and that's only going happen if Tebow and the rest of the team can improve.

Chef Zambini
02-22-2012, 12:06 PM
The division crown would have meant more if we won it outright. We had to wait till the raiders lost their game before we broke out the champagne.no question we backed into the title but it will still add to the column as history winds its watch.
If our last 5 games of the season are an indication of what we can ... never mind, last year really means nothing. WTF we gonna do this year!