PDA

View Full Version : So? Despite what has transpired do you still give McDaniels a chance this year?

Northman
03-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Poll to come.

tubby
03-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Winning is all that matters.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Cutler has helped this thing spiral out of control. If the original deal went down, trade Jay for Cassel and have 3 1st rd. picks, Denver would have been instantly better for 2009 with the inclusion of all the new FA personnel and Nolan running the defense. I can't blame McD or Broncos brass for thinking about that offer.

McD has a hand in making this ?!@# happen, but Cutler is responsible too. If dealing Cut will make the Broncos better than so be it. I'm a fan of the team first, and a cancer like this is getting me sick. Rivers is looking liek a better QB day after day on and off the field. With QBs like Flacco and ryan showing teams can win with young QBs, I say go after Stafford, or have Chris Simms get all the knowledge he can from Daddy who was a great QB in his own right.

I won't throw McD under the bus yet. Denver desperately need a new Coach and a new direction. If there aren't wins and sniffing postseason by 2010, then he's gotta go.

dogfish
03-16-2009, 01:06 AM
enh. . .

you've always got a CHANCE, and i'm still waiting to see how the rest of the offseason plays out, but i have very, VERY little confidence at this point. . . all dude needed to do was fix the stinkin' defense, he inherited an offense that didn't need anything more than maybe a few tweaks, a little bit more depth, and some polish for youngsters like cutler and marshall. . .

instead, he's now got a situation where he might be dismantling the offense, and IMO he really hasn't made much tangible progress on defense. . . dawkins is nice and all, but a 35-year old DB isn't exactly the savior for the worst defense the franchise has ever had. . .

if he can't resolve the cutler situation, he damn well better get a hell of a trade out of it, or he's going to look extremely ridiculous. . . we'll see how it goes, but my impression so far is that he's in waaaaay over his head-- i'll be glad to be proven wrong, though. . .

i think the real question shouldn't be whether we're giving him a chance, but whether doogie is giving himself a chance. . . .

atwater27
03-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Winning is all that matters.

Then look to last season's .500 record as 'the good ol' days'.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 01:49 AM
He deserves a chance. He is undoubtedly the laughing stock of the entire ****ing league, but whatever.

honz
03-16-2009, 01:56 AM
More like Jay Cutler is the laughing stock of the entire league, but whatever. Also, epic avy, tubby.

LoyalSoldier
03-16-2009, 02:01 AM
More like Jay Cutler is the laughing stock of the entire league, but whatever. Also, epic avy, tubby.

More like the Broncos are the laughing stock of the entire league.

honz
03-16-2009, 02:03 AM
I'd also like to add that I still think Jay will be our QB next year. Until he is actually traded he is still our QB. I have faith that the Broncos and Jay will work something out.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Of course, we have no choice

But hes not off to a good start at all, this organization has never been in this kind of mess before.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 02:05 AM
The guy who can end up on another team, make bank, and possibly rub our nose in a pile of shit isn't going to be the laughing stock.

The team who took its one saving grace and flushed it down the toilet, however, will be.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Hopefully we gut it out and keep Jay..... He said he will report to every mandatory meeting... And we both know Jay isnt going to half ass it on the field.... By the way Bowlen is acting it looks like hes gone though, Mcdaniels has gotten to his head.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:08 AM

All 31 teams are laughing at this Front Office right now

Letting a Quarterback this young, with that much potential go?

We are definately the laughing stock of the league.

If any GM wanted to know how Cutler acted they would go to the man that actually coached him who has done something in this league, and Shanahan would have nothing but praise for him.

who has more respect in this league some 32 year old Rookie who hasnt even coached Cutler or a potential Hall of fame coach who coached him for 3 years?

honz
03-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Jay's letting himself go. The Bronco's have made it clear that they don't want to trade him.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Honz, did you read the article on ESPN by Mortensen?

Its obvious Mcdaniels does not want Cutler for the future, hes as immature if not more then Cutler

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Last I checked there will be 52 players on the squad.

Yup, the team is bigger than Cutler.

McDaniels has a chance.

Leadership on D with Dawkins and Champ.

Good Oline

So I'm telling ya there's a chance.

honz
03-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Honz, did you read the article on ESPN by Mortensen?

Its obvious Mcdaniels does not want Cutler for the future, hes as immature if not more then Cutler
Yes, I read it. Both sides have different stories. Bowlen reportedly sides with McDaniels...and I side with Bowlen.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Bowlen wasnt there

And Mcdaniels has already been proven that hes the liar of the 2.

Ill go with a guy whos been here 3 seasons over a rookie whos been here 3 months

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Last I checked there will be 52 players on the squad.

Yup, the team is bigger than Cutler.

McDaniels has a chance.

Leadership on D with Dawkins and Champ.

Good Oline

So I'm telling ya there's a chance.

Lol.

OrangeHoof
This year? No way. Without Jay, they won't win six games. In 2 or 3 years, maybe it will turn out alright if we build a good defense but I've got to say McDaniels is in the same spot replacing Shanahan that Griese had replacing Elway - and likely with the same success rate. He'll have a very short honeymoon with the fans and if he doesn't win a few out of the gate, he may be gone before snow hits the Rockies.

EMB6903
lol @ trusting a guy from the Belichick tree

You know he was caught cheating right?

JetsFanNYC
03-16-2009, 02:21 AM
If a coach said I don't want you on the team to me I would say no problem, trade me. That's what looks like is going on here.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:23 AM
If a coach said I don't want you on the team to me I would say no problem, trade me. That's what looks like is going on here.

exactly, Mcdaniels needs Jay more then Jay needs Mcdaniels

Jay will go on and have a HOF career while Mcdaniels career last a year or 2 before heading back to New England as a position coach.

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 02:24 AM
lol @ trusting a guy from the Belichick tree

You know he was caught cheating right?

Ya, those Belichek tree roots sure don't know how to win...especially the organization they all come from. :rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 02:24 AM

Jay will go on and have a HOF career while Mcdaniels career last a year or 2 before heading back to New England as a position coach.

:rofl:

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Ya, those Belichek tree roots sure don't know how to win...especially the organization they all come from. :rolleyes:

Mangini.
Crennel.
Weis.

Lol.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:35 AM

LMAO you killed yourself with this argument. Really, this shows your ignorance.

Mangini= Fired

Crennell= Fired

Weis= had a little success with Willinghams recruits, has done nothing in 2 years.

Great argument!

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
all im focused on as a fan now is seeing mcdaniels fired.

claymore
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
If Bowlen can grow a set of balls and tell Mcdaniels to back off, I would give McD another shot.

Winning isnt all that matters to me. I thought of the Broncos as the good guys. I really dont want an organization similar to the patriots.

I like loyalty, I like rooting for the same players for years etc....

With McDaniels it isnt safe for fans to buy jersey's.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
we weren't doing anything in 09 anyways.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Mcd has shown me he isn't capable of ready to be a head coach in this league. He hasn't shown me much in free agency and has handled EVERY aspect of the "Cutler Gate" wrong. At this point I can't but think we are going to witness mistake after mistake from Mcd until he is terminated by the man who initiated the change in the first place. Bowlen has a lot of blame in this as far as I am concerned.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
I really wish I would have voted "No." -- because I feel I've missed out on the fan boat of reason.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Let him coach a season and then see what happens. Considering the schedule we have coming up and the BS that has been going on...anything 8-8 or better is a success in my eyes.

To be honest...we can do that with or without Jay.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I honetsly wouldn't be surprsied at all at this point if McD is fired half way into the season and replaced by Mike Nolan.

Bronco Bible
03-16-2009, 08:57 AM

HOF career he has yet to have a winning season:eek:

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM

These are the comments that need to be filtered out.

Flatinum
03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
These are the comments that need to be filtered out.

So do all the "We believe what Cutler says and anything coming from Broncos Management is a lie" comments. Although if we did that there probably wouldn't be many postings or threads left.

p.s - The lovefest for Jaysus- I mean Jay is starting to make me naucious.

skycoyote
03-16-2009, 10:14 AM
[I]Reggie Rivers quote:[I][I][/U][/U]

"Although the rift with Cutler is the issue that has drawn the most public attention, I've spoken to several Broncos players who believe that McDaniels sabotaged his credibility in the locker room when he cut long-snapper Mike Leach and signed former Patriots long-snapper Lonnie Paxton to a $2 million contract.

Leach has proven to be among the most reliable snappers in the NFL, and replacing him seemed completely unnecessary and out of step with the message that a new coach should be sending to his team.

The players who were drafted or signed by the previous coach want to believe that the new coach will judge them based on their ability to perform on the field. But when McDaniels got rid of Leach it sent a very clear message that no matter how well the veterans performed, the new coach would cut them and pay more money to get players with whom he was more familiar.

Engaging in trade talks for Cutler was another McDaniels mistake. It's true that any player on any team is subject to trade, but this particular trade didn't make any sense. McDaniels wanted to ship Cutler to Tampa Bay in a three-way deal that would have brought then-Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver.

This is a carbon-copy of the Leach exchange, only worse. At least Leach and Paxton have similar ability. There was no reason to swap them out, but at least it wasn't a downgrade.

In the proposed Cutler-Cassel exchange, McDaniels would have been putting a less talented player under center, and the only rationale is the McDaniels is familiar with Cassel.

Again, the message to the Broncos veterans is clear: Your ability and performance on the field are irrelevant. McDaniels will replace you with someone less talented if he has had a longer relationship with that person.

This feud has the potential to doom McDaniels first stint as a head coach."

The FNG pissed everybody off.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
So do all the "We believe what Cutler says and anything coming from Broncos Management is a lie" comments. Although if we did that there probably wouldn't be many postings or threads left.

p.s - The lovefest for Jaysus- I mean Jay is starting to make me naucious.

I agree on both accounts

MadMax
03-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Josh McDaniels has three years. That is how long every new head coach deserves before you can begin to think about a coaching change. New coaches have to have that window of time because part of the reason they're brought in is to make hard choices that the previous coaching staff wouldn't make. Coaching changes are by their nature controversial and I'm not saying that we don't have the right to be skeptical of McDaniels' moves, afterall thats what forums are for. But the Broncos have to give him three years and we as fans have to be ready for that.

TXBRONC
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Yeah those former New Englands assistants have been really taking the League by storm haven't they WTM? :lol: