PDA

View Full Version : Broncos took look at RG3

Magnificent Seven
02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
How close did Baylor QB Robert Griffin III come to being a legitimate target of the Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft? Pretty darn close, apparently.

“At a certain point this season,” NFL.com’s Steve Wyche said Monday on “NFL Total Access,” “with conversations I had there, they were really doing their due diligence on RG3 because of some of the things he can do to the offense.”

Wyche didn’t specify when, exactly, the Broncos were doing their homework on Griffin, although you’d have to believe it was before and/or at the beginning of Tim Tebow supplanting Kyle Orton as the team’s starting QB.

So what are the chances the Broncos, who own the 25th pick, now would make a play for RG3?

“No shot,” Wyche said. “They’d have to give up a whole lot of draft picks to get up to No. 1, and that quarterback up there is pretty popular.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/13/broncos-once-had-their-eye-on-rg3/?module=HP11_content_stream&module=HP11_headline_stack

DenBronx
02-14-2012, 12:16 AM
No thanks. The only QB worth trading up that high is Luck.

And we all know that shyt aint happenin!

PAINTERDAVE
02-14-2012, 12:33 AM
elwya MUST do his due diligence...
you never know what will happen...
what if Tim was killed in a car accident next week?..
or broke a leg.. or needed surgery...

the team MUST be prepared....

underrated29
02-14-2012, 12:37 AM
yup due diligence. We will scout every single player that is projected to go top 40. Every single one. Even players we dont need...like......like...well we kinda need every position, but you get the point.

WARHORSE
02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
No thanks. The only QB worth trading up that high is Luck.

And we all know that shyt aint happenin!

RG is not Mike Vick, and I think hes going to be a butt kicker in this league just like Cam will eventually be.

claymore
02-14-2012, 07:51 AM
RG is not Mike Vick, and I think hes going to be a butt kicker in this league just like Cam will eventually be.

Cam is a butt kicker now. That dude tore the league up this year. Its a team sport, but that team did not lose because of him.

Northman
02-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Ive come around on RG3 and think he has some real tools that could be good in the NFL. But, he will be taken way high in the draft and Denver has far too many needs this offseason so i highly doubt we make a play for him.

Jsteve01
02-14-2012, 08:27 AM
What an unbelievable piece this is. I mean Wyche scooped everyone on this.

Ziggy
02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
The Broncos scouted every QB in the draft last year also. No news here.

TXBRONC
02-14-2012, 09:34 AM
I mentioned it before, if you watch the end of the draft press conference from last year Elway was emphatic about them scouting quarterbacks this year. If a person agrees with the concept of taking the bpa this shouldn't bother them in the least especially given our set circumstances. Even if Tebow was already entrenched as the franchise quarterback it still makes sense to scout them.

rationalfan
02-14-2012, 11:29 AM
What an unbelievable piece this is. I mean Wyche scooped everyone on this.

i'm not sure about that. i remember reading toward the beginning of last season that elway/EFX was high on RGIII.

DenBronx
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
i'm not sure about that. i remember reading toward the beginning of last season that elway/EFX was high on RGIII.

He went to several of RG3s games, so I would think so.

From what I've seen, RG3 looks like he will be even better than Cam. He has track speed and a bigger arm.

BeefStew25
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Is RG3 light or dark skinned?

VonSackemMiller
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
wishful dreaming.

skins_fan82
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
There's no way the Broncos would've won a bidding war anyway.

A lot of insider sources around Redskins Park are saying that Shanny is willing to trade the HOUSE for RG3. And this is coming from a guy who spends 3+ hours a day on extremeskins.com :)

topscribe
02-14-2012, 06:17 PM

I'd say dark but not too dark. Light but not too light. Kinda tawny.

Might be he just spends a lot of time on the beach . . .

-----

CoachChaz
02-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Texas sun makes us all a few shades darker than normal

Jsteve01
02-14-2012, 07:17 PM

turn your sarcasm meter up. Everyone everywhere knew the Broncos were looking at RG3. You know he had to intrigue EFX.

In other new Wyche reports that Elway was seen talking to players at the Senior Bowl

WARHORSE
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Same color as Barney the dinosaur.:laugh:

TheReverend
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
I had a buddy of mine hear directly from Elway that he was looking at Atlanta's Julio Jones trade model to try and get RG3 around mid-season.

Disclaimer: Yes I'm willing to accept the mockery that comes with posting an unsubstantiated rumor, so feel free to commence with the bashing of it.

TXBRONC
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I had a buddy of mine hear directly from Elway that he was looking at Atlanta's Julio Jones trade model to try and get RG3 around mid-season.

Disclaimer: Yes I'm willing to accept the mockery that comes with posting an unsubstantiated rumor, so feel free to commence with the bashing of it.

It's an option but not a very good one. Also last year they were unwilling to try and go back into the first round to pick Nick Fairley so I don't see Denver want give up mortgage the future for just one play.

TheReverend
02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
It's an option but not a very good one. Also last year they were unwilling to try and go back into the first round to pick Nick Fairley so I don't see Denver want give up mortgage the future for just one play.

Personally, I think it's a HORRID idea and a massive waste of resources.

We have a roster completely bereft of talent in probably half our positions, and a good portion of the proven talent we have is nearing retirement. To take that many top draft selections and flush them down the toilet for yet ANOTHER first round QB would be completely asinine, imo.

Let's improve the roster as a whole and give Tim his chance to sink or swim. If he sinks, we'll have a clear shot at a Barkley next year.

Jsteve01
02-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Personally, I think it's a HORRID idea and a massive waste of resources.

We have a roster completely bereft of talent in probably half our positions, and a good portion of the proven talent we have is nearing retirement. To take that many top draft selections and flush them down the toilet for yet ANOTHER first round QB would be completely asinine, imo.

Let's improve the roster as a whole and give Tim his chance to sink or swim. If he sinks, we'll have a clear shot at a Barkley next year.

Teams who feel they're one player away don't have holes at virtually every position. Also, if you make that trade because you're one player away this year, you may find you're five players away in 3 years. And far more importantly even if said player does have a huge impact you set your team back by making Julio Jones deals. I thought it was horrid when the Falcons did it. Especially for a WR. They had major holes on defense and the trade didn't allow them to address many of them.

TheReverend
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Teams who feel they're one player away don't have holes at virtually every position. Also, if you make that trade because you're one player away this year, you may find you're five players away in 3 years. And far more importantly even if said player does have a huge impact you set your team back by making Julio Jones deals. I thought it was horrid when the Falcons did it. Especially for a WR. They had major holes on defense and the trade didn't allow them to address many of them.

Agree.

Proof was in the pudding. JJ played very well, but he simply did NOT add that last tier of explosion they were looking for offensively to put them over the top.

Jsteve01
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
yeah especially when you free agent class this year that features names like Bowe, Jackson, Jackson and Welker.

TheReverend
02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
yeah especially when you free agent class this year that features names like Bowe, Jackson, Jackson and Welker.

To be fair, we'll see how many of those names are ACTUALLY available when FA opens.