PDA

View Full Version : Cutler officially wants to be traded....

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoBJ
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

oh boy.. :rolleyes:

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
oh shit!!

Thanks for ruining my evening JC :lol:

This sucks...

Kapaibro
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
From the link:

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver and is done negotiating with the team. Cutler will not be attending Monday's voluntary team workout. Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

Cuter and his agent met face to face with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

Shazam!
03-15-2009, 10:22 PM
?!@# you Jay Cutler you spoiled little ?!@#. You are not John Elway. You are not the Denver Broncos. This franchise has been around before you were even born you ?!@#. This team won with a QB with half your skills not too long ago. I was loving this team when you were just a baby. Go >!@# yourself you selfish little piece of ?!@#. Good riddance.

Tony Sheffler, good riddance too, you're another little ?!@#.

Mr. Bowlen, Mr. Xanders, Mr. McDaniels, please package the two together and trade them to Detroit.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Great. I going to get drunk now.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Great. I going to get drunk now.

Me too. Say goodbye to this franchise...

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Amazing how an inexperienced head coach has managed to walk in and destroy everything that was going right for the organization in less than a month.

KCL
03-15-2009, 10:25 PM
?!@# you Jay Cutler you spoiled little ?!@#. You are not John Elway. You are not the Denver Broncos. This franchise has been around before you were even born you ?!@#. This team won with a QB with half your skills not too long ago. I was loving this team when you were just a baby. Go >!@# yourself you selfish little piece of ?!@#. Good riddance.

Mr. Bowlen, Mr. Xanders, Mr. McDaniels, please package the two together and trade them to Detroit.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel....:shocked:

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I hope this is true. Finally, get the little snot nosed punk out of here and get somebody that wants to play QB here. Screw Cutler and his little kid antics.

Get the phones working and get him out of here as soon as possible.

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Fine, trade him. All this situation has done is exploit what a whining, pouting bitch Cutler is. Message to Cutler: you are not bigger than the team.

BeefStew25
Shitty management, emo QB.

May the Chris Simms Era begin!

underrated29
Trade mcdaniels too. Our team WILL NOT get better this way.

skycoyote
That Cutler sure is one hell of a poker player. Give him the money Pat. Oh I forgot you spent it on a bunch of washed up free agents again. Rats.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
wow, a 32 year old rookie head coach set this team back another 4 years ATLEAST in a span of 3 months.... Im amazed

underrated29
03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
All we needed was a defense. now we need a defense and the most important player on the team,.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:31 PM
wow, a 25 year old spoiled QB set this team back another 4 years ATLEAST in a span of 3 months.... Im amazed

Fixed your post.

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Well now we get to run Chris Simms out of Denver and then draft another QB and wait another 3 years. I am going to have my PHD by the time the Broncos are good again.

honz
03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
What a ******* schmuck. So much for playing for his teammates...

If he wants to act this immaturely over this situation maybe I don't want him to be our QB anyways.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Way to go McDumbass, McDipShit, McSorryExcuseForACoach, McBroncoDestroyer, McRetard, McLetsDemolishThisHighlyPotentOffense, McIHaventProvedADamnThingAsAnNFLCoachAndBowlenGave MeAllThePowerShanahanHadSoIMightAsWellDestroyThisE ntireTeam.

Screw you McDaniels...

I hope a bird takes a crap on your sorry ass face in a football game.

Say Hello to the Denver Lions (0-16)

slim
03-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Me too. Say goodbye to this franchise...

LOL...yeah, Jay Cutler is the franchise. They were nothing before he got there.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Fixed your post.

Could care less if hes a snob, he is a pro bowl player at 25 years old.... without him this team wouldnt have won crap last year. Jay came to Denver this weekend expecting to attend the team meeting and to meet with Mcdaniels privately. Obviously Mcdaniels said something else to Jay to upset him.

Whatever though Mcdaniels most likely lost his job over this (give it a year or two) unless he can some how find a pro bowl QB to run his system, which isnt likely to happen.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:39 PM

Yeah but at least we had the defense to carry this franchise. The defense will suck again (maybe not as bad as the last two years), and without a threat at QB, our running game will suck.

Like i said....kiss the franchise goodbye :coffee:

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 10:40 PM

Your right they were something before he got here, but they have been nothing without Cutler since he's been here.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Could care less if hes a snob, he is a pro bowl player at 25 years old.... without him this team wouldnt have won crap last year. Jay came to Denver this weekend expecting to attend the team meeting and to meet with Mcdaniels privately. Obviously Mcdaniels said something else to Jay to upset him.

Whatever though Mcdaniels most likely lost his job over this (give it a year or two) unless he can some how find a pro bowl QB to run his system, which isnt likely to happen.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Poor Jay. The sooner he is gone, the better this team is.

Broncospsycho77
And that's how the cookie crumbles...

honz
From the Devner Post:

Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11919325

skycoyote
We are kinda hard on quarterbacks. lol Could this be "the John Elway curse?"

EMB6903
People dont realize Denver had the 2nd worst defense of all time last year, and still won 8 games

expect a top 5 pick next year, there is no doubt about that.

BeefStew25
If Cutler's on the block, Bucs need to grab him

March 15, 2009 10:43 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

They drafted "franchise'' quarterbacks that didn't work out in Vinny Testaverde and Trent Dilfer. For years now, they've been using patchwork QBs -- Shaun King, Brad Johnson and Jeff Garcia.

Now, there's a growing chance the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a chance to get their hands on a sure-fire franchise quarterback. That's Jay Cutler, who the Bucs tried to trade for a few weeks back. It didn't happen then and the Broncos came out and said they wouldn't be trading their quarterback.

But now it's time to re-examine that possibility. Cutler and the Broncos haven't put their differences aside and owner Pat Bowlen today admitted what the Broncos weren't admitting. Cutler officially could be on the block.

"I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback,'' Bowlen told The Denver Post.

The fact Bowlen is talking like that means Cutler could be available and the Bucs have to be watching. In fact, they should be acting. This is a chance for them to get the franchise quarterback Jon Gruden never could -- heck, Cutler would become the only franchise quarterback besides Doug Williams in Tampa Bay history.

The guy is 25 and has a huge arm. He'd be perfect in the new offense of coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski, who wants to throw downfield. Yeah, Cutler can pout at times and he's not always produced at critical times. But he's far better than anything the Bucs have (Luke McCown), or any available free agent or any quarterback that's going to be available at No. 19 in the draft.

The Bucs have done a nice job of overhauling their offense. They traded for tight end Kellen Winslow. They signed running back Derrick Ward. The placed the franchise tag on Antonio Bryant and have a very solid offensive line in place. Sure, they still need some role players on defense and, perhaps, a speed receiver.

But the one thing that could legitimize the new regime of coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik would be to trade for Cutler. They tried to do it once before.

If that's an alternative again, the Bucs have to make it happen. Throw out a first-round pick and maybe another draft choice or two or even a player. Throw in some Cuban sandwiches, Tampa cigars or whatever it takes. Then, turn around and give Cutler a nice new contract to make him happy in his new home. The Bucs have the cap room to make all that happen.

A lot of fans were upset with the Bucs after Tampa Bay cut the likes of Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard. They could make people start to forget those moves -- heck, they could make fans start to see the logic in those moves -- if they go out and get Cutler.

Broncospsycho77
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Who wants a Jay Cutler jersey, mint condition, official NFL licensed?

Fifty bucks.

Okay, twenty bucks.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Who wants a Jay Cutler jersey, mint condition, official NFL licensed?

Fifty bucks.

Okay, twenty bucks.

Never buy the jersey until they are about or have retired.

Bronco9798
If Cutler's on the block, Bucs need to grab him

March 15, 2009 10:43 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

They drafted "franchise'' quarterbacks that didn't work out in Vinny Testaverde and Trent Dilfer. For years now, they've been using patchwork QBs -- Shaun King, Brad Johnson and Jeff Garcia.

Now, there's a growing chance the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a chance to get their hands on a sure-fire franchise quarterback. That's Jay Cutler, who the Bucs tried to trade for a few weeks back. It didn't happen then and the Broncos came out and said they wouldn't be trading their quarterback.

But now it's time to re-examine that possibility. Cutler and the Broncos haven't put their differences aside and owner Pat Bowlen today admitted what the Broncos weren't admitting. Cutler officially could be on the block.

"I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback,'' Bowlen told The Denver Post.

The fact Bowlen is talking like that means Cutler could be available and the Bucs have to be watching. In fact, they should be acting. This is a chance for them to get the franchise quarterback Jon Gruden never could -- heck, Cutler would become the only franchise quarterback besides Doug Williams in Tampa Bay history.

The guy is 25 and has a huge arm. He'd be perfect in the new offense of coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski, who wants to throw downfield. Yeah, Cutler can pout at times and he's not always produced at critical times. But he's far better than anything the Bucs have (Luke McCown), or any available free agent or any quarterback that's going to be available at No. 19 in the draft.

The Bucs have done a nice job of overhauling their offense. They traded for tight end Kellen Winslow. They signed running back Derrick Ward. The placed the franchise tag on Antonio Bryant and have a very solid offensive line in place. Sure, they still need some role players on defense and, perhaps, a speed receiver.

But the one thing that could legitimize the new regime of coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik would be to trade for Cutler. They tried to do it once before.

If that's an alternative again, the Bucs have to make it happen. Throw out a first-round pick and maybe another draft choice or two or even a player. Throw in some Cuban sandwiches, Tampa cigars or whatever it takes. Then, turn around and give Cutler a nice new contract to make him happy in his new home. The Bucs have the cap room to make all that happen.

A lot of fans were upset with the Bucs after Tampa Bay cut the likes of Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard. They could make people start to forget those moves -- heck, they could make fans start to see the logic in those moves -- if they go out and get Cutler.

Screw TB, send his little punk ass to Detroit.

Broncospsycho77

Okay. Ten bucks.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 10:44 PM
From the link:

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver and is done negotiating with the team. Cutler will not be attending Monday's voluntary team workout. Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

Cuter and his agent met face to face with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

not exactly sure where it say he wants to be traded..

did I miss something there.. source again I get it.

he told them that when mikey left and then again wehn bates left.. whats new..

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Well, being bitter about it does nothing. Get the best deal (which is NOT the 1st pick).

G_Money

This is the problem.

Whether or not Cutler was destined for greatness or to be a failure, the way we've gone about it does not instill a lot of high expectations. Now we're looking for a QB, and the number of offensive minded head coaches inheriting what was the worst D in the league who can win playoff games in a couple of years after throwing most of their skill-position talent overboard is...small.

Your odds are better with a good QB already installed.

We now don't have that.

So the odds are going up that after a few more years of futility - especially as Denverites watch whatever success Cutler has with his new team - McDaniels will not be here either and we'll be doing this "new coach, new QB" dance again.

It didn't have to happen. People are blaming Cutler, and they're blaming McDaniels, but however much blame you apportion to each it simply didn't have to happen.

Here's hoping McDaniels can buck the odds, I guess, and that Cutler was Bledsoe/Don Majkowski and Brady/Favre is still on the way. Course, what are the odds of that? :rolleyes:

~G

slim

I hope so, that would serve him right. In fact, that would make me LOL.

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Would Cutler be offended if I sent him a pacifier as a going away gift?

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:46 PM
not exactly sure where it say he wants to be traded..

did I miss something there.. source again I get it.

he told them that when mikey left and then again wehn bates left.. whats new..

Are you senile?

Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:47 PM

No. the fast Jay Cutler is traded....the faster this sorry ass franchise goes down the tube...

Bronco9798
Well, being bitter about it does nothing. Get the best deal (which is NOT the 1st pick).

I was never much of a Cutler fan, so it really doesn't bother me. I'm glad he's being a little bitch. Just really shows what he is all about. Jay "Quittison" Kennison. He's going to walk out on all his teammates. Real stand up guy!!!

bullis26
i find this funny that 90% of you blam this on mcdaniels....cutler is a whinny little kid, hes a player josh is a coach, let the players play and the coaches coach.... yes josh might have critisized jay at the wrong time but jay did need criisism, and no player in this league is untradeable jay needs to learn that, and that the NFL is a business

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 10:48 PM

seems like you are upset with how hes acting, did he hurt your feelings?

Like I said, I could care less how he acts in the offseason... There is no QB tougher then Jay Cutler when hes on the field, there is no doubt about that

You couldnt name 8 QBs more productive then him either. Whoever thinks Denver is going to get the equal amount of talent back for Cutler is dreaming

This franchise is in as big of mess as its ever been since ive been a fan all because a 32 year old rookie with no proven success was hired 3 MONTHS AGO

3 MONTHS!

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:49 PM
No. the fast Jay Cutler is traded....the faster this sorry ass franchise goes down the tube...

I'm a Bronco fan, not a Cutler fan. The team will be better off without him in the long run!!!!

getlynched47
i find this funny that 90% of you blam this on mcdaniels....cutler is a whinny little kid, hes a player josh is a coach, let the players play and the coaches coach.... yes josh might have critisized jay at the wrong time but jay did need criisism, and no player in this league is untradeable jay needs to learn that, and that the NFL is a business

No i find it funny that 90% of ignorant fans blame this soley on Cutler.

BOTH OF THEM ARE TO BLAME!!

Why should Cutler suffer the consequences, criticism, etc. if BOTH ARE TO BLAME!

honz

Even Bowlen said that he supports McDaniels and is disappointed with the way Cutler has handled this. That tells me everything right there.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm a Bronco fan, not a Cutler fan. The team will be better off without him in the long run!!!!

We were ready to go to the playoffs this season with Cutler.

Now we'll have to wait another 3+ years :coffee:

We will not be better off without Cutler...Cutler, wherever he goes, will take control of the "Best QB in the NFL" title very soon once Manning and Brady decline.

GEM
Amazing how an inexperienced head coach has managed to walk in and destroy everything that was going right for the organization in less than a month.

And not fixed anything that was ridiculously wrong with the team.

Taking a few words from Shazam....Eff you Josh McDaniels.

EMB6903
All because Tom Brady got hurt this year....

DAMN YOU TOM!

BigSarge87
Screw him. I'm fully behind McDaniels. I think Cutler has wanted out of Denver since Bates was canned and has used this whole thing as a catalyst to make it happen. I think after this is over, McD will clear the air on what REALLY happened with Cutler. He's smart enough to keep quiet until it's over.

McD is gonna make a GOOD QB out of someone and hopefully we will get enough out of Cutler to take another huge step in rebuiling out defense.

I think Detroit would trade the first pick (Curry) and 33rd pick (best defensive player or RB available) for Cutler. I would be thrilled to watch him go to Detroit and die slowly. If Washington can find a way to do what they did with the cap this year, Denver can find a way to sign three great rookie picks.

D1g1tal j1m
Most telling quote from the DP article:

Cutler has insisted that until his situation gets resolved, all conversation with Broncos officials must include Cook, who led the discussions in both a conference call last Monday with Broncos officials that included Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis, and in the meeting Saturday at Dove Valley with McDaniels and Xanders.

So the player has decided that the Agent should be involved in everything that is going on (even though it looks like it all started with his interference). Jay has Cook krazy glued to his ear giving him horrible advise on how to deal with this situation. Jay may be talented but anytime a young player listens solely to the advise of his Agent (who only wants the most money they can get) then stuff like this happens.
Sorry to see Jay go (as it appears that a deal may happen at the draft), we may get some solid players in the draft. IF the team can acquire major Defensive talent in the draft then we may be able to get by with a average veteran QB who doesn't make mistakes.
But Jay has ruined his reputation as a leader and I hope we can get fair value for him.

LoyalSoldier
This trade would make us a worse team overall. We don't have the cap room to be receiving high draft picks and there are no QBs available that would replace what we lost.

This is a bad mess for the Broncos and it was one that could have easily been avoided.

bullis26
Would Cutler be offended if I sent him a pacifier as a going away gift?

i think he'd prolly just go to the media about it and cry alittle bit more, but he really could use it, please send him one, maybe thats all he needs something to go in his whinny little mouth to shut him up

honz
03-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Sam Bradford in 2010!

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Pat White in the 3rd!

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:52 PM
This trade would make us a worse team overall. We don't have the cap room to be receiving high draft picks and there are no QBs available that would replace what we lost.

This is a bad mess for the Broncos and it was one that could have easily been avoided.

Some ignorant posters cant seem to grasp this.

We have roughly $16 mil of cap space left. A franchise QB will take more than half of that...in addition we need to extend Marshall...and sign our entire rookie class.

This is horrible...bye bye Broncos

honz
03-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Some ignorant posters cant seem to grasp this.

We have roughly $16 mil of cap space left. A franchise QB will take more than half of that...in addition we need to extend Marshall...and sign our entire rookie class.

This is horrible...bye bye Broncos
Cutler's salary would be off the books...

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:54 PM

We will not be better off without Cutler...Cutler, wherever he goes, will take control of the "Best QB in the NFL" title very soon once Manning and Brady decline.

LMAO! OK, bookmark this post, please.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:55 PM

Cutler's salary is irrelevant. I heard somebody say that it would not make a big deal at all.

scott.475
I'll be stunned if we win half our games this year. Though shocked when Shanny was fired, I was actually a little excited that someone might come in and turn the DEFENSE around to just give us a couple more wins a season, just a couple!

I really think we are hosed for a few years now...I hope I am wrong. With our luck we will find some great QB, but one with a glass jaw and can never finish a season.

What a disaster, on all fronts. Yeah, Chris Simms!

getlynched47

go ahead....

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 10:56 PM

You mean that isnt realistic?

He doesnt have the potential to be the best QB in the league in a few years?

The guys in your avator for christ sakes, you know damn well he is capable of being the best

atwater27

Careful what you wish for. Or you can watch longingly as he kicks ass with another team.

getlynched47

thanks for having my back on this.

I know we've had our differences...but this is completely different.

Cutler has the potential to be the best QB in the league...:salute:

honz
03-15-2009, 10:57 PM

Not if he doesn't grow up and start acting like an adult.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 10:57 PM
the sky is is falling the sky is falling

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:58 PM

why's that?

Last time I checked...Terrell Owens was one of the best WR's in the league...and that idiot has not grown up since being in the league for 13 years!

Good point captain :rolleyes:......:coffee:

Broncospsycho77
03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Remember that one time when we almost hired Raheem Morris?

Oh, the good old days.

EMB6903

who knows the story behind the situation?

we dont know what went on during that meeting saturday

this franchise made a turn for the worse when Bowlen fired the Goodmans and gave full control to some amateurs.

honz
why's that?

Last time I checked...Terrell Owens was one of the best WR's in the league...and that idiot has not grown up since being in the league for 13 years!

And he's never won a damn thing...Cutler is basically going T.O. on us as we speak.

BigSarge87
03-15-2009, 11:00 PM
why's that?

look how far that's got him!! WOW you set yourself up big time on that one.

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 11:00 PM
the sky is is falling the sky is falling

Honestly this is a damn good time to say that since it basically is.

I don't see any way to make this work in a positive way.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:01 PM
And he's never won a damn thing...Cutler is basically going T.O. on us as we speak.

Cutler had no problems until Josh Mcdaniels was hired...

ikillz0mbies
I'm sure this whole crying and moaning attitude goes over really well in a locker room. I'm sure all teams in the NFL would want someone like that.

Lonestar
Honestly this is a damn good time to say that since it basically is.

I don't see any way to make this work in a positive way.

been watching this team for almost 5 decades.. SSDY

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Chargers vs Broncos week 2 game on NFL Network right now, just in case any of you want to see him pass for 4 TD's

BigSarge87
03-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I would much rather have a mediocre team with high character athletes that I feel good about cheering for than a bunch of whiny little bitches that have a lot of potential.

I can take losing if it means not selling out to a-holes like Cutler.

Broncospsycho77
03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't wait until Gary Kubiak is hired in 4 years.

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
been watching this team for almost 5 decades.. SSDY

And yet we didn't trade Elway. So this is a rather new situation.

The Raiders haven't always sucked as bad as they do now so apparently it had to start somewhere.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Well now we get to run Chris Simms out of Denver and then draft another QB and wait another 3 years. I am going to have my PHD by the time the Broncos are good again.

Then after 3 years if he is worth anything the Broncos can talk about trading him to better the team.... What a mother ******* idiot!!

honz
03-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Cutler had no problems until Josh Mcdaniels was hired...

There have always been signs of immaturity and arrogance, but they are starting show themselves in full force. I've always defended Cutler against his critics, but not anymore.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:05 PM
There have always been signs of immaturity and arrogance, but they are starting show themselves in full force. I've always defended Cutler against his critics, but not anymore.

what signs?

OB
god almighty wtf is going on - this is a circus - how is bowlen dealing with all of this - has he said anything?

Bronco9798
Then after 3 years if he is worth anything the Broncos can talk about trading him to better the team.... What a mother ******* idiot!!

The new QB probably won't be a little snot nosed punk like Cutler is.

BigSarge87
03-15-2009, 11:07 PM

I completley agree, he has had attitude problems from the start. If you don't agree then you've been blinded by your hope that he'll replace Elway.

Lonestar

The Raiders haven't always sucked as bad as they do now so apparently it had to start somewhere.

please do not use Elway in this situation.. He was far from a whiny pantie waist..

He was the Duke stuck it in dannys ear.. and got him fired.. unlike prissy pants..

honz
what signs?

Saying stupid things to the media, whining to the officials when the Broncos are losing, comparing his arm to Elway's, throwing ridiculously stupid INT's...I'm sure there are a few more examples as well.

D1g1tal j1m
03-15-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think Jay is on the T.O. path, it just that he does not take criticism well at all and it has led to him listening to his Agent who is probably telling him he is the second coming of Brett Favre. Jay is talented but aloof. He loves to bask in the wins but sulks and hides with the losses. He was Shan's guy who realizes that things change rapidly in the NFL and that he has to learn to adapt with the situation.
McD has had a hand in making this situation fester and demanding a certain level of obedience that he has not yet earned with this team (as he has never been a HC and is so young).
To those who think we are taking a step back 5 years, have you watched this team deteriorate the last 3 years. Shan has ran this team to the ground with his lousy FA signings on D and taking the "I can plug any RB into this system and churn out 1,000+ yards" to his head. We were heading for a fall and Shan was losing this team. We were starting over anyways and so just be patient as this team is rebuilt.

fcspikeit

Even if he found another Probowl QB to run his system, they will never commit to this team because McRetard will not commit to them... How can you fully commit to a team if you know they would trade you at any time for the right offer?

EMB6903
what do you mean by attitude problems?

Honz compared him as if he was TO like he has had problems in the past with his team mates

what other attitude problems has he had?

bullis26
Pat White in the 3rd!

tottally agree, i like pat white, i think theres really two teams he could be succussful with in the NFL the pats, and the broncos.... He's a spread QB lets keep him in a spread offense... Tim Tebow in 2010 in the 3rd or later also could be good, but im still for trading cutler to the browns for Quinn and rodgers and hopefully a draft pick or two

atwater27
03-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Sure you aren't a McDaniels fan?

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:10 PM
what do you mean by attitude problems?

Honz compared him as if he was TO like he has had problems in the past with his team mates

what other attitude problems has he had?

i'm with EMB mostly on this one he's had signs, but i dont think he's done much to call out his team he's a cancer to the organization, but he doesnt call out teammates....one more sign fighting with phillip rivers

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
tottally agree, i like pat white, i think theres really two teams he could be succussful with in the NFL the pats, and the broncos.... He's a spread QB lets keep him in a spread offense... Tim Tebow in 2010 in the 3rd or later also could be good, but im still for trading cutler to the browns for Quinn and rodgers and hopefully a draft pick or two

Pat White's stock has just soared. I don't think he will make it past the 2nd round. He would be a great draft pick, but if Cutler can be dealt to the Lions for their #1 pick, draft Aaron Curry.

Tned
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM

I hope this get's resolved, because I do think Jay will be one of the tops QB's in the league for the next 5-10 years. However, even if Jay goes elsewhere, it doesn't necessarily mean we are 3 years off. With the o-line and receivers we have, and a QB friendly system that McDaniels will implement, Simms could do a fine and we can win if the defense at least middle of the pack this year.

We would also be hit with what's left of his signing/roster bonuses that were prorated out. Don't have time to look now, but i my guess is that best case is break even.

Careful what you wish for. Or you can watch longingly as he kicks ass with another team.

Yep, careful what you wish for.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Saying stupid things to the media, whining to the officials when the Broncos are losing, comparing his arm to Elway's, throwing ridiculously stupid INT's...I'm sure there are a few more examples as well.

he never compared his arm to Elways, he was asked a question

Can you tell me what answer would have been more appropriate?

He might have shown signs of immaturity on the field, but that shows how competitive a player he is.

You act as if hes had a problem with his teammates or made this much drama before Mcdaniels came

He was cool for around 4 years in Denver, until a 32 year old stepped in

3 months later, Cutler wants out.... Its all Cutlers fault though

atwater27
03-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Odds are he won't be half as good, either.

fcspikeit

Especially if McRetard is running the operation. For the right offer, anyone could be traded at any time..

BigSarge87
Sure you aren't a McDaniels fan?

What's wrong with being a McDaniels fan? He's the coach of the Broncos and if you want them to be successful then you better hope HE was right all along and that he can pull this team together after this.

Cutler is as good as gone, time to move on guys.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler said Sunday night that he will not report to the team's first meeting on Monday and has formally asked to be traded. He confirmed that a Saturday meeting with first-year coach Josh McDaniels ended badly from his perspective while McDaniels offered another viewpoint on Sunday night.

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," said Cutler. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first team meeting on Monday as they begin their off-season program.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen told the Denver Post on Sunday that he was disappointed with how Cutler has handled the situation. In a telephone interview with ESPN, McDaniels was reluctantly expansive on the story.

"I realy have wanted to avoided a he-said, she-said thing but it's only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context," said McDaniels. "There's been a pattern here for the past two weeks the way things [have been represented] in our communications. I don't think anythng that happened [Saturday] was out of the ordinary. At the end of the meeting, Jay said he had thought about things quite a bit and requested a few more hours to mull things over. He said he wanted to talk to Bus on how to proceed. He was gonna call me on my cell phone and that never happened. Instead, Bus called [GM] Brian [Xanders].

"Again, I think that's been a pattern. I couldn't get [Cutler] to talk to me for two weeks or to talk to Mr. Bowlen. Then when he came here this weekend, we couldn't get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone. He wanted Bus in there, so I had Brian sit in, too. And it was the four of us, there wasn't any yelling, none of that. I can't believe we get to a totally different [interpretation].

"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we've done our best to limit that. The main message I want to get out is that we're excited to start our off-season program [Monday]. It's an exciting time for us."

Cutler won't be present at the team meeting.

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday] but not now," said Cutler. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

As McDaniels pointed out, Cutler had a completely different expectation when he left their private meeting on Saturday.

Cutler said, "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

Cutler denied recent reports that he had asked to be traded when the Broncos fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because [it] was the second-ranked offense in football," said Cutler. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," said McDaniels. "Not a word has been said about that."

Cutler added, "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

McDaniels admitted that the team got involved in trade discussions for Cassel, who instead was dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs. However, he said any perception Cutler felt that the team could still trade him was misleading.

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," said McDaniels. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

Cutler feels like McDaniels lost his credibility with him when he initially denied to the quarterback that the Broncos tried to acquire Cassel only to admit it later.

"Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other," said Cutler. "He's never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?"

He also explained that his house being placed for sale on the market was "nothing more than a coincidence."

"I had already shown my house privately to some interested buyers a couple of months ago," said Cutler. "I've really been looking to buy 40 to 70 acres of land there."

As for ignoring phone calls from McDaniels and Bowlen, Cutler said, "Josh and I have exchanged text messages. We had a conference call. And if Pat wanted to speak to me, why didn't he come to the meeting on Saturday?"

Cook said that as an agent he was "totally in shock" that it has gotten so ugly.

"I would have bet my house going into Saturday's meeting that everyone would be shaking hands and smiling," said Cook. "I thought it was going to get worked out. But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

Yet Cook admitted that when he called Xanders to request a trade on Saturday night, the team's general manager said it wasn't going to happen and that "Jay should show up Monday."

That wasn't going to happen, either.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

bullis26
Chargers vs Broncos week 2 game on NFL Network right now, just in case any of you want to see him pass for 4 TD's

and while watching that game watch when jay cutler should've lost that game for us, who remebers the defining play of that game... Hoculee thank you for that game, it wasnt a fumble? definately was, that bailey interception early in the game is questionable.... But about his stats, would you rather have a player getting you personal stats and fails to make it to the playoffs or a guy with ok stats and makes it to the post season? and a lot of the failures can be placed on the defense, but cutler did throw 18(didnt look up his stats its coming from my head, dont quote me on this) interceptions, i just remeber he had a positive TD interception ratio of +7, which isnt horrible, but not great

Lonestar
I don't think Jay is on the T.O. path, it just that he does not take criticism well at all and it has led to him listening to his Agent who is probably telling him he is the second coming of Brett Favre. Jay is talented but aloof. He loves to bask in the wins but sulks and hides with the losses. He was Shan's guy who realizes that things change rapidly in the NFL and that he has to learn to adapt with the situation.
McD has had a hand in making this situation fester and demanding a certain level of obedience that he has not yet earned with this team (as he has never been a HC and is so young).
To those who think we are taking a step back 5 years, have you watched this team deteriorate the last 3 years. Shan has ran this team to the ground with his lousy FA signings on D and taking the "I can plug any RB into this system and churn out 1,000+ yards" to his head. We were heading for a fall and Shan was losing this team. We were starting over anyways and so just be patient as this team is rebuilt.

outstanding post best of thread..

LoyalSoldier
03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
please do not use Elway in this situation.. He was far from a whiny pantie waist..

Oh yes because we all know that whining to get traded to the Broncos is perfect character......

In the case of Elway we were the benefactors of his whining.

fcspikeit

I hope he does go to Detroit.. With CJ and JC they would have one hell of an offense.

bullis26
Pat White's stock has just soared. I don't think he will make it past the 2nd round. He would be a great draft pick, but if Cutler can be dealt to the Lions for their #1 pick, draft Aaron Curry.

would be grat, yeah i was thinking that about his stock too, but i really hope he's available in the third

Magnificent Seven
03-15-2009, 11:16 PM
**** YOU, MCDANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pissed!!!!!! McDaniels started the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:16 PM
I hope he does go to Detroit.. With CJ and JC they would have one hell of an offense.

because the lions have a great line, wr corps, and tes.... they have CJ and Kevin Smith, nobody else

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:17 PM

ya All Pat White needs is a little coaching, and if Mcdaniels can do one thing he can improve a Quarterbacks game overall, I think he'd be great in the spread.

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:18 PM
**** YOU, MCDANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pissed!!!!!! McDaniels started the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really, becuase cutler was the one who started crying, mcdaniels was doing his job and was contemplating on weather Cassel or cutler was the right guy for the spread and i think he made the wrong choice... cutler hasnt ever played the spread(dont think the run it at vandy but could be wrong)... and cutler is a better qb, but now look what this mess is

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
ya All Pat White needs is a little coaching, and if Mcdaniels can do one thing he can improve a Quarterbacks game overall, I think he'd be great in the spread.

well we definately agree on one thing, Pat White heres to hoping somehow we can get you in the third, or maybe if we do get cutler we'll accquire enough picks to where we can take a chance on you in the second(im saying chance because he is small for a qb but it can still work... i think he could be the best qb in this draft, as long as he gets in the spread)

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
to blame one person is ridiculous... Its Bowlen,Cutler,Bus and Mcdaniels fault that were in this situation right now.... cant pin it on 1 certain person

atwater27
03-15-2009, 11:22 PM
it takes 2 to tango indeed... By the way, I've been playing Madden with Cutler in Detroit throwing bombs to Calvin Johnson.... It's like a TD pass every other play.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 11:23 PM

It is the coaches ******* job to make the team better! If he can't get along with the good players of this league his team will never be worth the shit!

Don't you get it? You will never win shit with 22 Rudy's starting for your team...

Don't even give me any NE bull shit... Belachick has never been dumb enough to concider trading Brady.. He treats his star players better then that.. You can't build a winning team without any star players..

McRetard will never win anything anywhere until he learns that...

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:23 PM
to blame one person is ridiculous... Its Bowlen,Cutler,Bus and Mcdaniels fault that were in this situation right now.... cant pin it on 1 certain person

very, very true

in the beginning i was going all cutler, but now after mcdaniels crisitized jay at the time he did it was pretty dumb on his part, MCD needed to critisize him but not at that particular moment.... i dont think bowlen should be in this discussion though, and i think Xanders should be in this disscussion

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 11:24 PM
"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," said McDaniels. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

McDaniels is only doing his job. Like any other coach in the NFL, a coaches job is to improve a team. Who ever can't see that the Broncos are a team in need of some improving, they need a slap in the face. If trading Cutler helps improve this team, you do it. People are saying that if Cutler gets traded, then this team is the 0-16 Lions. Even without Cutler, this team is no where near the 0-16 Lions. Hell, without Cutler, the Broncos could be 12-4. As long as the Broncos can win and win a championship, then you do anything to make that happen.

Magnificent Seven
03-15-2009, 11:26 PM
really, becuase cutler was the one who started crying, mcdaniels was doing his job and was contemplating on weather Cassel or cutler was the right guy for the spread and i think he made the wrong choice... cutler hasnt ever played the spread(dont think the run it at vandy but could be wrong)... and cutler is a better qb, but now look what this mess is

Well, McDaniels should think triple before he decided to do the 3-way trade. That was really hurt Cutler's feelings and I bet that McDaniels do not know Cutler very well or didn't see him play often. What the hell???? McDaniels can tutor Cutler, too!

If McDaniels didn't do it, then everything will be fine. However, I don't blame it on Cutler. Yes, I know Cutler needs to move on and befriends with McDaniels.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:26 PM

look how far that's got him!! WOW you set yourself up big time on that one.

Jay Cutler was fine until McDaniels effed everything up.

T.O. has been messed up since the beginning...

Jay Cutler is NOT Terrell Owens :coffee:

bud
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM

You're not going to start campaigning for Plummer to come back... are you?... :D

Have you really thought about the long term outlook for the team--in the aftermath of Cutler's departure?

:confused: Think about it.

What would it take for this to end well?... Honestly, what would it take?

And, just when it SEEMED like quarterbacks in Denver MIGHT get a break from the shadow of Elway... here's a NEW challenge to contend with.

Now, the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has to outperform Jay Cutler every week AND live up to Elway's mystique!

That's a tall order.

This whole thing stinks.

Keep in mind that history won't look into details. Bronconation is going to look at the wins, losses, and what Cutler is doing. If it looks like the Broncos got a raw deal, McDaniels will pay with his job. Success and failure are the ultimate measurements in the NFL.

If McDaniels loses this season because the Broncos' passing game is struggling, Bronconation will be calling for his head. That's an ugly outlook for a new head coach... And, it's not just this season. The comparisons between McDaniels' QB and Jay Cutler will never end. If Cutler is outplaying our quarterback, it will always be an issue.

When today's feelings fade, there will be fresh future emotions; and those will be based on the Broncos' performance. Will the Broncos be able to say they are better off without Cutler?... I'm not convinced that will happen. And, if it doesn't, I don't believe McDaniels will able to remain head coach for long.

Any way you cut it, this stinks. :tsk: And, the fans are the ones that will be most unhappy.

BigSarge87
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Jay Cutler was fine until McDaniels effed everything up.

T.O. has been messed up since the beginning...

Jay Cutler is NOT Terrell Owens :coffee:

Well, he's well on his way. Going to the media about EVERYTHING as soon as it happens will tear a team apart faster than Owens ever could.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 11:29 PM
very, very true

in the beginning i was going all cutler, but now after mcdaniels crisitized jay at the time he did it was pretty dumb on his part, MCD needed to critisize him but not at that particular moment.... i dont think bowlen should be in this discussion though, and i think Xanders should be in this disscussion

according to jay he never brought criticism up in the conversations at any time..

might want to revisit the post above about that..

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:29 PM
It is the coaches ******* job to make the team better! If he can't get along with the good players of this league his team will never be worth the shit!

Don't you get it? You will never win shit with 22 Rudy's starting for your team...

Don't even give me any NE bull shit... Belachick has never been dumb enough to concider trading Brady.. He treats his star players better then that.. You can't build a winning team without any star players..

McRetard will never win anything anywhere until he learns that...

oh really he treats brady above the team? i remeber brady was late once so he publically embarrassed him in front of the team, and you can too build a team without star players.... How many probowlers on NE's 2001 team? How many pro bowlers on NYG 2007 team? How many probowlers on DAL 2007 team? stars dont always win games for you, i think its been proven that team chemistry is above stars....and to the pink meaning, its mcdaniels job to make the team better, well what if in his opinion of better its a guy thats played in a spread offense.. you ever think about that? i think your just upset about this and would take cutlers side over rhyme and reasoning

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:31 PM
according to jay he never brought criticism up in the conversations at any time..

might want to revisit the post above about that..

really becuase nfl.com espn.com foxsports.com all reported that he did, cutler is just trying to make MCD look bad

And Cutler = Cancer

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 11:33 PM

Why should Cutler suffer the consequences, criticism, etc. if BOTH ARE TO BLAME!

It is not Cutler job to build the best football team he can.. Losing Cutler and turning him on this organization did not make this team better..

It is McRetard's job to put the pest team together. There is no way in hell the Broncos are a better team with Simms instead of Cutler.. He has weakened this team..

McRetard is basically saying Cutler was the problem in the situation.. If Cutler leaves how could he be blamed for hurting the Broncos? he wont even be a Bronco anymore.. If it hurts the team by him leaving then wouldn't that prove what Cutler has been saying? He should have been more valued then he was..

This failure falls solely on McRetards shoulders..

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, he's well on his way. Going to the media about EVERYTHING as soon as it happens will tear a team apart faster than Owens ever could.

Like i said...Jay Cutler was fine until McDaniels shook everything up.

Terrell Owens complains for EVERYTHING.

Cutler has never been a problem...until some idiot head coach lied to his face

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:34 PM
oh really he treats brady above the team? i remeber brady was late once so he publically embarrassed him in front of the team, and you can too build a team without star players.... How many probowlers on NE's 2001 team? How many pro bowlers on NYG 2007 team? How many probowlers on DAL 2007 team? stars dont always win games for you, i think its been proven that team chemistry is above stars....and to the pink meaning, its mcdaniels job to make the team better, well what if in his opinion of better its a guy thats played in a spread offense.. you ever think about that? i think your just upset about this and would take cutlers side over rhyme and reasoning

when was this? im sure there would be a link to this if it happened.

Italianmobstr7
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler said Sunday night that he will not report to the team's first meeting on Monday and has formally asked to be traded. He confirmed that a Saturday meeting with first-year coach Josh McDaniels ended badly from his perspective while McDaniels offered another viewpoint on Sunday night.

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," said Cutler. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first team meeting on Monday as they begin their off-season program.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen told the Denver Post on Sunday that he was disappointed with how Cutler has handled the situation. In a telephone interview with ESPN, McDaniels was reluctantly expansive on the story.

"I realy have wanted to avoided a he-said, she-said thing but it's only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context," said McDaniels. "There's been a pattern here for the past two weeks the way things [have been represented] in our communications. I don't think anythng that happened [Saturday] was out of the ordinary. At the end of the meeting, Jay said he had thought about things quite a bit and requested a few more hours to mull things over. He said he wanted to talk to Bus on how to proceed. He was gonna call me on my cell phone and that never happened. Instead, Bus called [GM] Brian [Xanders].

"Again, I think that's been a pattern. I couldn't get [Cutler] to talk to me for two weeks or to talk to Mr. Bowlen. Then when he came here this weekend, we couldn't get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone. He wanted Bus in there, so I had Brian sit in, too. And it was the four of us, there wasn't any yelling, none of that. I can't believe we get to a totally different [interpretation].

"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we've done our best to limit that. The main message I want to get out is that we're excited to start our off-season program [Monday]. It's an exciting time for us."

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday] but not now," said Cutler. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

As McDaniels pointed out, Cutler had a completely different expectation when he left their private meeting on Saturday.

Cutler said, "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

Cutler denied recent reports that he had asked to be traded when the Broncos fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates.

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because [it] was the second-ranked offense in football," said Cutler. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

McDaniels and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

Cutler added, "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

McDaniels admitted that the team got involved in trade discussions for Cassel, who instead was dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs. However, he said any perception Cutler felt that the team could still trade him was misleading.

Cutler feels like McDaniels lost his credibility with him when he initially denied to the quarterback that the Broncos tried to acquire Cassel only to admit it later.

"Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other," said Cutler. "He's never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?"

He also explained that his house being placed for sale on the market was "nothing more than a coincidence."

"I had already shown my house privately to some interested buyers a couple of months ago," said Cutler. "I've really been looking to buy 40 to 70 acres of land there."

As for ignoring phone calls from McDaniels and Bowlen, Cutler said, "Josh and I have exchanged text messages. We had a conference call. And if Pat wanted to speak to me, why didn't he come to the meeting on Saturday?"

Cook said that as an agent he was "totally in shock" that it has gotten so ugly.

"I would have bet my house going into Saturday's meeting that everyone would be shaking hands and smiling," said Cook. "I thought it was going to get worked out. But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

Yet Cook admitted that when he called Xanders to request a trade on Saturday night, the team's general manager said it wasn't going to happen and that "Jay should show up Monday."

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

I hadn't taken sides through this whole thing. I felt both were in the wrong the entire time. I still think that Cutler could have returned some phone calls, and been more mature about some things but the fact that McDaniels straight up LIED to Cutler pisses me off. He's finally come out and admitted that he did try to get Cassell (which is freaking retarded by the way). Jay obviously feels that the Denver Broncos or at least Josh McDaniels don't think that he's the quarterback for this team. Well that's just stupid. McD should at least let Cutler throw a few passes before deciding to try and get rid of Cutler, or make him feel that he's not the guy they're looking for.

Jay has been a big baby about a lot of this too, so I'm not putting the blame squarely on McD either. It's just ridiculous to me that you don't give any confidence in a guy that just went to a Pro Bowl in his 3rd season and is considered by many the best young qb in the league.

The only thing I was happy to hear in that whole article was that Jay WILL show up for mandatory things, and the Xanders has told Cook that the Broncos will not trade Jay. They really, really need to work this out. McDaniels needs to get off his high horse and tell Jay that he IS the guy that he wants to QB the Broncos. Jay needs to stop whining about being brought up in trade talks too.

How in the hell does Jay go into a meeting ready to reconcile and McD makes him feel like he still doesn't want him? It doesn't make any sense. I don't think McD needs to kiss Jay's ass, but he does need to make it known that he wants Jay to be the qb, and not the opposite. He's about to ruin a really great thing. All these people talking shit on Cutler is just ridiculous. Saying he hasn't won anything and he's immature and this and that. When we put Cutler in almost EVERYONE wanted it to happen or eventually grew to love him. Now that he's been upset and been immature everyone is ready to throw him under the bus. It's ridiculous.

P.S. **** BUS COOK

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
how is cutler not being a cancer? he's crying, going to the media, thinks he above the team, and has his period or something (bates and shanny get fired ge wants to get traded, his name gets mentioned in a trade now he's upset even though he asked for a trade, and now he again has publicly said he wants to be traded... moral of the story be careful what you wish for)

so please tell me lynch how is cutler doing this team any good by crying?

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:37 PM
when was this? im sure there would be a link to this if it happened.

i do not have a link it is in Sporting News Magizine, this weeks issue...if you have a subscription send me a message ill tell you the page, but otherwise im sorry cant help you otherwise EMB

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 11:38 PM
really becuase nfl.com espn.com foxsports.com all reported that he did, cutler is just trying to make MCD look bad

And Cutler = Cancer

here is a quote from post 100

McDaniel's and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," said McDaniel's. "Not a word has been said about that."

so like much of the crap reported much ado about nothing..

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I'll be stunned if we win half our games this year. Though shocked when Shanny was fired, I was actually a little excited that someone might come in and turn the DEFENSE around to just give us a couple more wins a season, just a couple!

I really think we are hosed for a few years now...I hope I am wrong. With our luck we will find some great QB, but one with a glass jaw and can never finish a season.

What a disaster, on all fronts. Yeah, Chris Simms!

I would have been surprised if we won half our games WITH JAY CUTLER in the line up this upcoming year.

Now?? Im predicting around 5 at best.

Magnificent Seven
So....... are they going to draft a QB in first round draft pick or are they still going to draft enither Baji or Manuagla?

getlynched47
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first team meeting on Monday as they begin their offseason program.

"I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it's only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context," McDaniels said. "There's been a pattern here for the past two weeks the way things [have been represented] in our communications. I don't think anythng that happened [Saturday] was out of the ordinary. At the end of the meeting, Jay said he had thought about things quite a bit and requested a few more hours to mull things over. He said he wanted to talk to Bus on how to proceed. He was gonna call me on my cell phone and that never happened. Instead, Bus called [GM] Brian [Xanders].

"Again, I think that's been a pattern. I couldn't get [Cutler] to talk to me for two weeks or to talk to Mr. Bowlen. Then when he came here this weekend, we couldn't get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone. He wanted Bus in there, so I had Brian sit in, too. And it was the four of us. There wasn't any yelling, none of that. I can't believe we get to a totally different [interpretation].

"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we've done our best to limit that. The main message I want to get out is that we're excited to start our offseason program [Monday]. It's an exciting time for us."

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there [Monday] but not now," Cutler said. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

Cutler said: "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things, but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

"Yes, I was upset when they let Jeremy go because Mr. Bowlen had assured me when Mike [Shanahan] was fired that the offense wouldn't change because it was the second-ranked offense in football," Cutler said. "But I didn't push for a trade then."

"That just isn't true," McDaniels said. "Not a word has been said about that."

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

"Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other," Cutler said. "He's never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?"

He also explained that his house being put up for sale was "nothing more than a coincidence."

"I had already shown my house privately to some interested buyers a couple of months ago," Cutler said. "I've really been looking to buy 40 to 70 acres of land there."

As for ignoring phone calls from McDaniels and Bowlen, Cutler said: "Josh and I have exchanged text messages. We had a conference call. And if Pat wanted to speak to me, why didn't he come to the meeting on Saturday?"

"I would have bet my house going into Saturday's meeting that everyone would be shaking hands and smiling," Cook said. "I thought it was going to get worked out. But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team."

:tsk:

eff McDaniels

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
here is a quote from post 100

McDaniel's and Cutler agreed on at least one element of the controversy, knocking down a Sunday report on NFL Network that the coach had criticized the quarterback's play in 2008.

"That just isn't true," said McDaniel's. "Not a word has been said about that."

so like much of the crap reported much ado about nothing..

So that means the BS reports about Cutler not being able to take critisism are off?

that makes me even more pissed that he isnt going to be the QB for this team anymore.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
if anybody is ignorant its you... how is cutler not being a cancer? he's crying, going to the media, thinks he above the team, and has his period or something (bates and shanny get fired ge wants to get traded, his name gets mentioned in a trade now he's upset even though he asked for a trade, and now he again has publicly said he wants to be traded... moral of the story be careful what you wish for)

so please tell me lynch how is cutler doing this team any good by crying?

He isnt going to the media...the media is coming to him.

He is pissed that McDaniels lied to him, not for the fact that he was brought up in trade talks.

I would not trust a liar...

McDaniels is setting himself up for an epic failure...and when I mean epic...i mean him bringing this entire franchise down.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 11:42 PM

Good point accept there was no problems with Cutler until they looked into trading him..

What's going to stop McRetard from wanting to trade the next QB who is of value?

bud
03-15-2009, 11:43 PM

Pro Bowlers are often chosen on reputation alone. The Pro Bowl isn't a meter for talent. Brian Griese and Rick Mirer played in the Pro Bowl; pardon me if I'm not impressed.

Anyhow, the Pats sent four players in '01. That's not too bad.

The Giants and Cowboys crashed back to Earth last year. I'm not interested in talking about teams that got lucky on a weak schedule.

If coaching alone were enough, Mike Shanahan would still be in Denver. After all, it was the lack of true talent on the defense that got him fired. Talent matters. Don't kid yourself.

Shanahan got fired because he couldn't find enough of it.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:43 PM

too long of an article to post, but it's very fresh with new info.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Mcdaniels just threw away his chance at being a successful head coach

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
So that means the BS reports about Cutler not being able to take critisism are off?

that makes me even more pissed that he isnt going to be the QB for this team anymore.

to me is means he had less to be pissy about..

Just because Josh did not say it, does not mean he did not know it and would bring it up at a more appropriate time.. but so far it was not pertinent...

Everyone was blowing this up and making Josh look bad before, it was time to set that record straight..

make sense?

getlynched47
Mcdaniels just threw away his chance at being a successful head coach

I agree. Whoever reads this article gets to see the true McDaniels.

He's lost all credibility in my eyes...

LoyalSoldier
If anything this shows how much speculation and crap that has been thrown out by the media.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Pro Bowlers are often chosen on reputation alone. The Pro Bowl isn't a meter for talent. Brian Griese and Rick Mirer played in the Pro Bowl; pardon me if I'm not impressed.

Anyhow, the Pats sent four players in '01. That's not too bad.

The Giants and Cowboys crashed back to Earth last year. I'm not interested in talking about teams that got lucky on a weak schedule.

If coaching alone were enough, Mike Shanahan would still be in Denver. After all, it was the lack of true talent on the defense that got him fired. Talent matters. Don't kid yourself.

Shanahan got fired because he couldn't find enough of it.

greasy was chosen on stats but was injured so could not play..

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:49 PM
He isnt going to the media...the media is coming to him.

He is pissed that McDaniels lied to him, not for the fact that he was brought up in trade talks.

I would not trust a liar...

McDaniels is setting himself up for an epic failure...and when I mean epic...i mean him bringing this entire franchise down.

yeah but he's talking to the media about it thats bad enough, and mcdaniels didnt lie to him, how does cutler know MCD called people, from everything i heard MCD was contacted, and i dont believe cutler, he's a whinny little kid, i believe Bowlen has MCD's side for a reason....... If MCD was this horrible guy your portraying him as why wouldnt bowlen tell him to make ends meet? its because bowlen believes in this guy, he believes Josh is doing whats best for the team...Bowlen didnt have to comment about this either, but he chose to because he's backing MCD

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:50 PM

Just because Josh did not say it, does not mean he did not know it and would bring it up at a more appropriate time.. but so far it was not pertinent...

Everyone was blowing this up and making Josh look bad before, it was time to set that record straight..

make sense?

make your way here Mr. Stubborn
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35192

this should change your perception of your beloved McDaniels...

EMB6903
mcdaniels braught the new england way to Denver, meaning hes a classless punk that has no respect for his players..... Im surprised at this.. maybe its because Im so used to Shanahan always being a class act who went to war for his players.

getlynched47
yeah but he's talking to the media about it thats bad enough, and mcdaniels didnt lie to him, how does cutler know MCD called people, from everything i heard MCD was contacted, and i dont believe cutler, he's a whinny little kid, i believe Bowlen has MCD's side for a reason....... If MCD was this horrible guy your portraying him as why wouldnt bowlen tell him to make ends meet? its because bowlen believes in this guy, he believes Josh is doing whats best for the team

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35192

:coffee:

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:51 PM
mcdaniels braught the new england way to Denver, meaning hes a classless punk that has no respect for his players..... Im surprised at this.. maybe its because Im so used to Shanahan always being a class act who went to war for his players.

Now i really miss Shanahan :(

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 11:52 PM

make sense?

Maybe this makes a little more sense as to why Cutler wants to be traded

(thanks to Getlynched for the link in the other thread)

bud
03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
greasy was chosen on stats but was injured so could not play..

Nice try.

Want to tell me how Neil Smith got selected in '97?

How about Michael Dean Perry in '95?

I didn't say Griese was selected on reputation.

I did say that many players are.

I also pointed out that players like Griese or Mirer can have one decent year and suddenly become a "Pro Bowl quarterback". And, once you put a label like that on a guy like Griese, it loses ALL MEANING.

Nice try.

Tell me about Smith and Perry. This should be good. Explain it.

bud
03-15-2009, 11:59 PM
The bottom line for jrwiz remains the same:

The Pro Bowl does not (and cannot) help you make your ridiculous point about talent in the NFL.

You can't distract me from the core point. You essentially tried to tell everybody that talent doesn't matter. And, that just pure bu//$*1t.

scott.475
03-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Didn't McD first say they had no trade talks, only to have to change his story later? I would have a hard time trusting him too.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:02 AM

it said the same thing that I quoted in my orignal post..

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

I can care less about what the he said she said was going on.. the prissy fart wants out..

If DEN is smart they will either get a boat load of picks for him or he sit on the bench or better yet gets suspended without pay for conduct unbecoming a Bronco..

Or the punk comes back with a new agent and his tail between his legs..

Folks this has been about money from the get go.. Busses other cash cow retired now he has a stupid young kid that is not smart enough to be adult about all of this.. follow the money folks.. jay needs a new contract and bus need the commission.. if jay is dumb enough to listen then he should deal with the consequences..

the sky is falling, the sky is falling
Follow the money ..

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Didn't McD first say they had no trade talks, only to have to change his story later? I would have a hard time trusting him too.

he said they were called and said no.. simple

CPS22
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Trade Cutler to Detroit for both of their 1st rounders and then trade Tony Scheffler and our 20th over all pick from Detroit to the Cleveland Browns for Derek Anderson and Shaun Rodgers! Bye Bye Cutlet :salute:

bud
03-16-2009, 12:04 AM

I can care less about what the he said she said was going on.. the prissy fart wants out..

If DEN is smart they will either get a boat load of picks for him or he sit on the bench or better yet gets suspended without pay for conduct unbecoming a Bronco..

Folks this has been about money from the get go.. Busses other cash cow retired now he has a stupid young kid that is not smart enough to be adult about all of this.. follow the money folks.. jay needs a new contract and bus need the commission.. if jay is dumb enough to listen then he should deal with the consequences..

Follow the money ..

Wow. You're a crackpot.

Is this a conspiracy theory board?

G_Money
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
So we'll be going with a less talented QB in 09 than the one we had in 08.

This is not insurmountable.

Of course, we wouldn't have had to surmount anything if McDaniels had just said the, "I want to go to war with you as my QB" magic words.

I hate seeing stupid player management. And that stupidity usually spills over into so many other areas. :tsk:

~G

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Follow the money ..

along with a lot more then that on why Cutler was AND SHOULD BE UPSET

Mcdaniels needs Cutler more then Cutler needs Mcdaniels, I think EVERYBODY knows this, right?

bullis26
03-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Trade Cutler to Detroit for both of their 1st rounders and then trade Tony Scheffler and our 20th over all pick from Detroit to the Cleveland Browns for Derek Anderson and Shaun Rodgers! Bye Bye Cutlet :salute:

because we could get those things for that... sheff has very little trade value and i highly doubt we could get the top pick and the 20th pick for jay.... a more realistic and IMO better trade would be Cutler to Cleveland for Quinn, Rodgers, and maybe another draft pick if we're lucky

bud
03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
So we'll be going with a less talented QB in 09 than the one we had in 08.

This is not insurmountable.

Of course, we wouldn't have had to surmount anything if McDaniels had just said the, "I want to go to war with you as my QB" magic words.

I hate seeing stupid player management. And that stupidity usually spills over into so many other areas. :tsk:

~G

Now we can compare our quarterback to a retired superstar AND an active one!

Yay! I can't wait.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Nice try.

Want to tell me how Neil Smith got selected in '97?

How about Michael Dean Perry in '95?

I didn't say Griese was selected on reputation.

I did say that many players are.

I also pointed out that players like Griese or Mirer can have one decent year and suddenly become a "Pro Bowl quarterback". And, once you put a label like that on a guy like Griese, it loses ALL MEANING.

Nice try.

Tell me about Smith and Perry. This should be good. Explain it.

hey I was agreeing with you I was saying he got in on stats alone for just over a half a season sorry if I did not make it crystal clear..

I have no issues over the pro bowl BS.. Probowl for the most part are prom votes..

bullis26

Mcdaniels needs Cutler more then Cutler needs Mcdaniels, I think EVERYBODY knows this, right?

If MCD doesnt think Jay can run the spread then its debatable, i think he could and i think MCD does need Jay, but Jay wont be as good in the spread as he was running the bootlegs

scott.475
"Cutler feels like McDaniels lost his credibility with him when he initially denied to the quarterback that the Broncos tried to acquire Cassel only to admit it later."

No, I would not trust him either.

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Well since there are plenty of people blaming McDaniels, yourself included, then this isn't an issue.

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Josh needs QB that is smart and will play his game plan as called.. jay needs to have his hand held..

No I do not think they need each other to win..

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Mcdaniels knows Jay can run the spread, he just knew it would take a few years to adjust, he wanted production right away, thats why he wanted to bring in a player that already knows his system

I guarentee you 31 other teams are laughing at how the Front office is handling things right now

and you ignorant fools thought we were in a bad situation with Shanahan

Never in Shanahans career in Denver did he let things get this bad

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:11 AM

I read it three time each time it was posted from various sources.. it doe not change my mind whatsoever..

Northman
03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Im not happy about it but at the same time at least now we know where he stands. Better to do it now than let this kind of crap linger for months on end. Thanks Jay, i hope you find what your looking for out there in the NFL. But as for me, im with the Broncos and i hope that we can also find what we are looking for.

bud
03-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Maybe Bowlen will get involved tomorrow.

Somebody needs to look Cutler in the eye and tell him that he matters. And, there's no shame in apoligizing. That's what an apology is for; to let somebody know you are sorry for hurting their feelings. That's how that works. That's why human beings invented it. That's why their is a term for "I'm sorry" in every language in human history.

It's there for a reason.

Anyhow, goodnight.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Josh needs QB that is smart and will play his game plan as called.. jay needs to have his hand held..

No I do not think they need each other to win..

Jay needs to have his hand held, what makes you say that?

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow. You're a crackpot.

Is this a conspiracy theory board?

not at all I'm the one bring it to the attention of the the sky is falling crowd that thinks will be a 0-16 team without jay..

putting it easier terms for them to say..

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Shanahan leaves and this franchise goes down hill

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Jay needs to have his hand held, what makes you say that?

it has been told ad nauseam from the start of all of this..

Look I know you like jay.. I could care less about him.. I just want a QB that will be able to work with the the HC and that does not look like jay can deal with it.. so I'll move on tomorrow if they trade him.. and be happy for jay and the broncos.

night I've had enough of this tonight..

Northman
03-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Shanahan leaves and this franchise goes down hill

Well, he really didnt leave......:lol:

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Where's Mtnman? :confused:

Anyway...

We are going to make out on whatever trade deal we get. I have mucho faith!!

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 12:29 AM
And good for you Sheffler....thanks for letting the team down also if you decide not to show up. All you are is another Nate Jackson...always injured.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:30 AM
it has been told ad nauseam from the start of all of this..

Look I know you like jay.. I could care less about him.. I just want a QB that will be able to work with the the HC and that does not look like jay can deal with it.. so I'll move on tomorrow if they trade him.. and be happy for jay and the broncos.

night I've had enough of this tonight..

I like Jay, I cant stand what he pulled this off season... Its not like I want to keep him because hes my biggest fan... I know how hard it is to find a franchise quarterback (a thing I think you have trouble realizing)

and now we are just giving one away because a 32 year old rookie head coach who has been here 3 months

Jay was looking forward to working with Mcdaniels.... Mcdaniels has shown what type of person he is though

a liar.

Northman
03-16-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cutlerjacko.JPG

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1912/jaycutler.jpg

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:35 AM
I like Jay, I cant stand what he pulled this off season... Its not like I want to keep him because hes my biggest fan... I know how hard it is to find a franchise quarterback (a thing I think you have trouble realizing)

and now we are just giving one away because a 32 year old rookie head coach who has been here 3 months

Jay was looking forward to working with Mcdaniels.... Mcdaniels has shown what type of person he is though

a liar.

we do not know that for fact only jays assumptions..

franchise QB wow I think in a lot of cases they are drafted high or groomed.. Brady is a prime example.. some just fall out of the grocery store aisle warner.. If you have a great coach and QB mentor and scheme well they might not be all that hard to find..

Have some faith in Pat..

Northman
03-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Chargers have some interesting takes on the situation.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=67017&page=3

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Chargers have some interesting takes on the situation.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=67017&page=3

Thats some interesting reading.

It's going to be hard to bash on the Bolts Qb after what we have just been through with ours

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:40 AM

the Raiders suck started with an owner incapable of any long term vision. thankfully Bowlen is showing trust in his own hiring process.

It is not Cutler job to build the best football team he can.. Losing Cutler and turning him on this organization did not make this team better..

It is McRetard's job to put the pest team together. There is no way in hell the Broncos are a better team with Simms instead of Cutler.. He has weakened this team..

McRetard is basically saying Cutler was the problem in the situation.. If Cutler leaves how could he be blamed for hurting the Broncos? he wont even be a Bronco anymore.. If it hurts the team by him leaving then wouldn't that prove what Cutler has been saying? He should have been more valued then he was..

This failure falls solely on McRetards shoulders..

first off...McRetard? you're still a Bronco fan, show some class.

secondly, that equation isn't quite right. you have to add whatever we get in return for Cutler. if we get two picks that turn into a Bronco version of Jamaal Williams and Merriman, and McD turns a 3rd round pick into a top 15 qb, then we ARE better -- long term -- with Sims instead of Cutler. until we see how this shakes out, I'm staying neutral.

the way that article read to me, Cutler wanted to be coddled and have smoke blown up his butt, but McDaniels wouldn't do it. the relationship between the coach and QB is important, and clearly Jay and McD don't give each other what they need. that's the way it goes sometime.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:41 AM
we do not know that for fact only jays assumptions..

franchise QB wow I think in a lot of cases they are drafted high or groomed.. Brady is a prime example.. some just fall out of the grocery store aisle warner.. If you have a great coach and QB mentor and scheme well they might not be all that hard to find..

Have some faith in Pat..

I have no Faith in Pat at all...If Pat cared he would have been at that meeting saturday, you think bob Craft wouldnt have showed up? you think Jerry Jones wouldnt have showed up? the owner of the team doesnt even show up to the biggest meeting of the off season? I think its safe to say this guy writes the checks, thats it.

I didnt realize how bad of an owner Pat was until Shanahan left, this guy is horrible at handling football related issues.. I think thats obvious now

Naming 2 out of the 100's of QB's drafted in the late round or not drafted at all doesnt help your case....and if we had a "great" coach I might not be worried as much... but trusting some 32 year old who hasnt done squat in this league is crazy

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:43 AM
the Raiders suck started with an owner incapable of any long term vision. thankfully Bowlen is showing trust in his own hiring process.

first off...McRetard? you're still a Bronco fan, show some class.

secondly, that equation isn't quite right. you have to add whatever we get in return for Cutler. if we get two picks that turn into a Bronco version of Jamaal Williams and Merriman, and McD turns a 3rd round pick into a top 15 qb, then we ARE better -- long term -- with Sims instead of Cutler. until we see how this shakes out, I'm staying neutral.

the way that article read to me, Cutler wanted to be coddled and have smoke blown up his butt, but McDaniels wouldn't do it. the relationship between the coach and QB is important, and clearly Jay and McD don't give each other what they need. that's the way it goes sometime.

Cutler wanted assurance that he was Mcdaniels guy, it seemed like all Mcdaniels wanted to do was prove a point to Cutler.... Cant believe so many bronco fans are siding with somebody who has been here 3 months over a guy whos been here nearly 4 years who went to battle for this town for 3 seasons (the guy could have died on the field)

Im ashamed to be a Broncos fan right now

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Cutler wanted assurance that he was Mcdaniels guy, it seemed like all Mcdaniels wanted to do was prove a point to Cutler.... Cant believe so many bronco fans are siding with somebody who has been here 3 months over a guy whos been here nearly 4 years who went to battle for this town for 3 seasons (the guy could have died on the field)

Im ashamed to be a Broncos fan right now

actually, I'm siding with the guy that signs both their pay cheques. :salute:

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Ok then, if he doesn't want to play here, then I don't want him here. Bye bye you little bitch.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization."

Cutler wants to be a Bronco, theres no doubt about that

He just doesnt want to play for a jackass of a coach.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 12:52 AM
actually, I'm siding with the guy that signs both their pay cheques. :salute:

you mean the guy that didnt even attend this "private meeting"?

what owner doesnt show up for this?

Jono
03-16-2009, 12:52 AM
the only thing this is going to do is set our franchise back. Probably Mcdaniels was trying to put his stamp on the organization or something. BUT whatever it is jay needs to grow up. He made the pro bowl yes. But haven't really accomplished that much to be acting this way. God we have a long way to go before we even sniff the superbowl

Poet
03-16-2009, 12:53 AM
From an outsider's point of view, your HC and QB are both loony toons. I think that more blame falls on your HC than your QB, but loony toons.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization."

Cutler wants to be a Bronco, theres no doubt about that

He just doesnt want to play for a jackass of a coach.

so McD laid his cards out on the table in regards to the Cassel situation (which is obviously dead) and told Cutler that no individual player is bigger than the organization.

it seems Jay wanted McDaniels to apologize for examining any and all options for improving the Broncos and to stroke his fragile ego.

one was treating the situation like a man, the other like a teen-aged drama queen.

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:58 AM
you mean the guy that didnt even attend this "private meeting"?

what owner doesnt show up for this?

one that trusts the football stuff to the guys he hired to take care of the football stuff?

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
one was treating the situation like a man, the other like a teen-aged drama queen.

Dude, in case you haven't noticed, Jay Cutler has a stronger arm then John Elway.

Now "that's a man"!

Poet
03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
one that trusts the football stuff to the guys he hired to take care of the football stuff?

I think at some point the owner has to realize that if he has two morons on his hands (and he does) that it's time for big daddy (that would be him) to lay down the law and to tell them to both have a nice hot glass of shutup.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Someone like Champ should've spoken publicly about this, or even better, called Jay up and staighten his ass out. This is the long running problem with Denver in the late Shanahan years... No leadership whatsoever.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 01:02 AM
so McD laid his cards out on the table in regards to the Cassel situation (which is obviously dead) and told Cutler that no individual player is bigger than the organization.

it seems Jay wanted McDaniels to apologize for examining any and all options for improving the Broncos and to stroke his fragile ego.

do you like feeling respected?

I think everybody does.. Including Jay

and going into the meeting Jay thought they were going to make up and move on from this situation, and when Mcdaniels said AGAIN for the 3rd straight time "I will entertain a trade with you if it I Think it makes this organization better"

also finally admitting to Jay that he did want Matt Cassel and not apoligizing for lying about it... would you not feel disrespected?

Its all about respect, even when its just a "business" and Mcdaniels needs Jay MUCH more then Jay needs mcdaniels, whoever disagrees is living in a dream world.

Jay Cutler= PROVEN TALENT

Josh Mcdaniels= a nobody at this point

Poet
03-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Someone like Champ should've spoken publicly about this, or even better, called Jay up and staighten his ass out. This is the long running problem with Denver in the late Shanahan years... No leadership whatsoever.

I don't think anyone can straighten out Jay Cutler in the sense that he is your best player, your team lives and dies with him, and a lot of players don't want to get involved in that type of thing. Even the immortal and over-loved Tom Brady got some criticism when he spoke up for Deion Branch.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 01:03 AM

you are seriously trying to feed me this nonsense?

No offense man but thats some BS

Bowlen doesnt care as much as he should, thats obvious.

Foochacho
03-16-2009, 01:04 AM

Sign me up for some of that

BroncoWave
03-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Hell, after reading Mort's article I'm just pissed at both guys. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Bozo Jr.
03-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Go Broncos! :salute:

Go Away Jay! :tsk:

snowfarm
03-16-2009, 01:11 AM
I have been a Broncos fan for many many years, and the past few months of BS are wearing on my die hard nerves. We may not have liked him but he is a very good QB and like someone above said, there are teams who will use him to the fullest against US. I would rather have him on the team than not. Maybe you guys arent old enought to remember but Elway wasnt always loved either, this isnt a popularity contest. So far Im not impressed with the new coaches moves, I pray he can win with all his changes, and I hope the kid dont end up on team in our division

tubby
03-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Grow up Jhey!

Poet
03-16-2009, 01:15 AM
do you like feeling respected?

I think everybody does.. Including Jay
No one likes being dissed, but at some point your reaction can only go so far my man.

and going into the meeting Jay thought they were going to make up and move on from this situation, and when Mcdaniels said AGAIN for the 3rd straight time "I will entertain a trade with you if it I Think it makes this organization better"
Now, I just said that I think McDaniels has more blame, but this is the part where he is right. Why wouldn't he trade Cutler if the trade was for the betterment of the franchise? I don't want to draw up a ton of stupid hypotheticals like "what if the Colts wanted to trade Manning for Cutler" etc etc etc, but at the end of the day anyone is expendable. The fact that Cutler doesn't understand that is enough to make me think that he is a complete and utter moron.

also finally admitting to Jay that he did want Matt Cassel and not apoligizing for lying about it... would you not feel disrespected?

Its all about respect, even when its just a "business" and Mcdaniels needs Jay MUCH more then Jay needs mcdaniels, whoever disagrees is living in a dream world.

Jay Cutler= PROVEN TALENT

Josh Mcdaniels= a nobody at this point

Joe Montana was traded, Brett Farve was traded, players who are on a different level than Cutler career wise have been cut. Yeah, Cutler can feel disrespected all he wants, but saying "trade me" isn't the answer. What happened to "I play for my teammates"? Certain players transcend their coaches; Farve never once had to listen to a damn thing Holmgren, a HOF coach had to say. Carson Palmer can just smile and nod at Marvin Lewis and do whatever he wants, Peyton Manning does what he does on the field and I've seen him ignore Dungy and keep his offense out on the field for fourth down.

McDaniels tried to trade him and failed. That's the reality of it plain and simple. McDaniels is nothing more or less than a talking head to Jay Cutler. And if Cutler does get traded it would be because the GM and owner signed off on it, not just McDaniels. Sometimes your career requires a little bit of politicking, I am finding it damn hard to have any real sympathy for Cutler here.

Here's a grand idea that should have ran through Cutler's head - maybe if I go out there and dominant teams I won't have to worry about being traded.

If it's about respect then treat McDaniels the same way that he treats you, in the end the media and fans don't matter in the sense that they won't be there all the time.

At the same point in time, McDaniels should realize that while any player is expendable, some players are damn close to being untouchable. There are very few teams who could realistically offer a legit deal for Cutler. And, if he thinks that Cassel is better than Cutler he needs some help. Cassel is a worse talent, is less proven, played with better talent, and also had a respectable defense behind him.

We don't know everything, but I don't have to see the rain drops fall to the ground to know if it's going to rain. McDaniels has people skills that are equivalent to a lamp shade. Cutler basically is the team, and you're trying to trade him? How many first day picks are you getting McD? How much cap can you shave off to help sign those guys? Who is really going to play the QB position adequately so you don't announce that you are just rebuilding the team because you fail at QB assessment and have wounded pride?

They both are morons. One is a whiner, the other one looks inept at his job.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I don't think anyone can straighten out Jay Cutler in the sense that he is your best player...

Again, Champ Bailey is the best player on the Broncos. Despite the aging and mileage, he's the only player to be the best in the League at his position on Denver's roster since Elway and TD.

Poet
03-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Again, Champ Bailey is the best player on the Broncos. Despite the aging and mileage, he's the only player to be the best in the League at his position on Denver's roster since Elway and TD.

You do not win and lose games on Champ's back Shazam!

atwater27
03-16-2009, 01:26 AM
If I was Cutler I would demand a trade too. Go Lions!

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 01:26 AM
No one likes being dissed, but at some point your reaction can only go so far my man.

Now, I just said that I think McDaniels has more blame, but this is the part where he is right. Why wouldn't he trade Cutler if the trade was for the betterment of the franchise? I don't want to draw up a ton of stupid hypotheticals like "what if the Colts wanted to trade Manning for Cutler" etc etc etc, but at the end of the day anyone is expendable. The fact that Cutler doesn't understand that is enough to make me think that he is a complete and utter moron.

Joe Montana was traded, Brett Farve was traded, players who are on a different level than Cutler career wise have been cut. Yeah, Cutler can feel disrespected all he wants, but saying "trade me" isn't the answer. What happened to "I play for my teammates"? Certain players transcend their coaches; Farve never once had to listen to a damn thing Holmgren, a HOF coach had to say. Carson Palmer can just smile and nod at Marvin Lewis and do whatever he wants, Peyton Manning does what he does on the field and I've seen him ignore Dungy and keep his offense out on the field for fourth down.

McDaniels tried to trade him and failed. That's the reality of it plain and simple. McDaniels is nothing more or less than a talking head to Jay Cutler. And if Cutler does get traded it would be because the GM and owner signed off on it, not just McDaniels. Sometimes your career requires a little bit of politicking, I am finding it damn hard to have any real sympathy for Cutler here.

Here's a grand idea that should have ran through Cutler's head - maybe if I go out there and dominant teams I won't have to worry about being traded.

If it's about respect then treat McDaniels the same way that he treats you, in the end the media and fans don't matter in the sense that they won't be there all the time.

At the same point in time, McDaniels should realize that while any player is expendable, some players are damn close to being untouchable. There are very few teams who could realistically offer a legit deal for Cutler. And, if he thinks that Cassel is better than Cutler he needs some help. Cassel is a worse talent, is less proven, played with better talent, and also had a respectable defense behind him.

We don't know everything, but I don't have to see the rain drops fall to the ground to know if it's going to rain. McDaniels has people skills that are equivalent to a lamp shade. Cutler basically is the team, and you're trying to trade him? How many first day picks are you getting McD? How much cap can you shave off to help sign those guys? Who is really going to play the QB position adequately so you don't announce that you are just rebuilding the team because you fail at QB assessment and have wounded pride?

They both are morons. One is a whiner, the other one looks inept at his job.

Joe Montana was traded as a 37 year old, Favre was traded as a 38 year old, Cutler is 25 with a long career ahead of him.

Like I said earlier... Jay was going in to try and resolve the situation and move on, Obviously all Josh Mcdaniels wanted to do in this meeting was to prove a point.

I cannot wait until the day this classless bum is fired.

ikillz0mbies
03-16-2009, 01:27 AM
High five for Tubby's avatar.

Poet
03-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Joe Montana was traded as a 37 year old, Favre was traded as a 38 year old, Cutler is 25 with a long career ahead of him.

Like I said earlier... Jay was going in to try and resolve the situation and move on, Obviously all Josh Mcdaniels wanted to do in this meeting was to prove a point.

I cannot wait until the day this classless bum is fired.

Didn't Montana still have a few good years left in him? Favre can still play the game at a fairly high level and the year before he was traded played better than Cutler ever has.

I think my point stands, and the main point is that he's Jay Cutler. He's Jay friggin Cutler, he's had flashes of brilliance and one very good year. That's his career at this point.

Far too many people romanticize about what he has done and how good he really is.

Trading him is not a very good realistic option, but the fact that it does exist shouldn't offend him.

McD still has time to prove himself, although right now, at thismoment it's looking bleak.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 01:34 AM
LOL Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Well, ****ing hold onto your seats.

And by hold onto your seats I mean lie down on the floor and love being the doormat for a few years at least.

atwater27
03-16-2009, 01:36 AM
What's wrong with being a McDaniels fan? He's the coach of the Broncos and if you want them to be successful then you better hope HE was right all along and that he can pull this team together after this.

Cutler is as good as gone, time to move on guys.

Right now I'll take Shanahan back over McD. At least he had a good relationship with Cutler. Now our offense AND defense will suck ass. Bravo McD.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 01:39 AM

Perhaps McDaniels is some kind of franchise assassin sent by Belichick.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Didn't Montana still have a few good years left in him? Favre can still play the game at a fairly high level and the year before he was traded played better than Cutler ever has.

I think my point stands, and the main point is that he's Jay Cutler. He's Jay friggin Cutler, he's had flashes of brilliance and one very good year. That's his career at this point.

Far too many people romanticize about what he has done and how good he really is.

Trading him is not a very good realistic option, but the fact that it does exist shouldn't offend him.

McD still has time to prove himself, although right now, at thismoment it's looking bleak.

He obviously only had 2, and Favre had 1 left

while Aaron Rodgers is the future of Green Bay and Steve Young is a HOF QB who has won a superbowl

Green Bay and San Fransisco knew they had SOLID young 1st round qb's that have been in the system for several years... Denver doesnt have that... completely different situation if you ask me.

Poet
03-16-2009, 01:46 AM
He obviously only had 2, and Favre had 1 left

while Aaron Rodgers is the future of Green Bay and Steve Young is a HOF QB who has won a superbowl

Green Bay and San Fransisco knew they had SOLID young 1st round qb's that have been in the system for several years... Denver doesnt have that... completely different situation if you ask me.

EMB, the amount of good time that each QB had left kind of summarizes the career of Cutler.

I am not comparing the situations as far as ditching QBs, I am saying that JOE MONTANA and BRETT FARVE got traded. Jay Cutler could have half as good as either of them and be a HOFer. If those guys got traded it shouldn't be a complete shocker, or offensive that he could be traded.

Devilspawn
03-16-2009, 01:50 AM

Ironically, it began with Callahan's "Dumbest Team In America" line from 2003, coupled with losing Rich Gannon. The loss of Gannon was big. The biggest problem though was the draft. Davis ignored the offense and defensive lines and took risks on linemen whose downsides outweighed their upsides by plenty. All of the other shenanigans and front office drama would've rited themselves if we stopped the run, had a pass rush and protected the QB. Gruden's tenure wasn't rosy either, but we had pro-bowlers on both sides, so the situation didn't get all Kiffinesque.

Collins to Moss would've worked if we had a line. Tomlinson has killed us, but all he is is an extraordinary back who capitalized on a weak run stoppage to the utmost. I could go on, but losing the battle in the trenches was our downfall, not the drama.

JetsFanNYC
03-16-2009, 01:55 AM
I got news for you Mr. McDaniels, you haven't heard the last of me. You may think I'm **** now, but someday you're gonna be sorry you cut me. I'm gonna catch on somewhere else and every time that I play against you I'm gonna stick it up you're ****in' ass!

http://www.survivinggrady.com/uploaded_images/thesheener-701834.jpg

JetsFanNYC
03-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Right now I'll take Shanahan back over McD. At least he had a good relationship with Cutler. Now our offense AND defense will suck ass. Bravo McD.

May I ask you why you have those exploding WTC as your avatar? I'm curious.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 02:04 AM
On Saturday night, Cutler was a no-show at a fundraiser at Invesco Field where he was on the guest list. The Broncos said Cutler didn’t attend because he didn’t want to be a distraction but that he made a donation to the cause, Dani’s Foundation, which raises money for research and treatment for rare forms of cancer in children."

Team owner Pat Bowlen was in attendance, but he wouldn’t answer any questions and waved off a reporter. Bowlen has yet to publicly address the rift between his new coach and his temperamental quarterback.

Cutler’s name was brought up a lot at that event, a roast for longtime Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos.

Former Denver offensive lineman Mark Cooper, who played in the 1980s, cracked: “Times have changed around here. Now players cry when they hear they’re going to be traded.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnWVHHMXBHehY0XwA21cEaRDubYF?slug=ap-broncos-cutlerrift&prov=ap&type=lgns

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:16 AM
of course this guy wouldnt care if he was traded, he wasnt even a starter.

the only thing he was worrying about was having a roster spot.

could care less what this bum has to say about it

(no offense)

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 02:23 AM
EMB, the amount of good time that each QB had left kind of summarizes the career of Cutler.

I am not comparing the situations as far as ditching QBs, I am saying that JOE MONTANA and BRETT FARVE got traded. Jay Cutler could have half as good as either of them and be a HOFer. If those guys got traded it shouldn't be a complete shocker, or offensive that he could be traded.

Elway almost got traded for crying out loud. Bowlen had a choice back then.....Reeves or Elway..he stuck with Elway. Huh, he must have seen something great out of the kid. I guess we can't say the same for Cutler.

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 02:25 AM
Elway almost got traded for crying out loud. Bowlen had a choice back then.....Reeves or Elway..he stuck with Elway. Huh, he must have seen something great out of the kid. I guess we can't say the same for Cutler.

I would bet my lifesavings that Bowlen knows he's ****ed here. There is no reason for him to be as smug in this decision as some posters around here.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 02:26 AM

I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," said Cutler. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really,I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Cutler said, "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things but that didn't happen So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

I think this article should have been left in its own thread. I fear it got lost in all these pages.

I deleted some of it, chiefly because for what I wanted to say touches on the part I left.

You guys I just don’t see how Cutler can be to blame here. Cutler wanted to work it out.. Even after the meeting he said all he wanted was for McKid to call him and tell him he wanted to make it work. How hard is it to just say I want you to be the QB of the Broncos next year? McKid pushed Cutler into asking to be traded by not wanting to work it out.

Cutler isn’t being a baby or anything else, He just doesn’t feel McKid wants him as the QB of the Broncos.

He said he thought he was antagonizing him. Why couldn’t Josh have just told him, let’s forget about everything that has happened and move on, I am looking forward to working with you this year?

McKid hasn’t so much as said he wants to work it out with Cutler.

Watchthemiddle
03-16-2009, 02:28 AM
I think this article should have been left in its own thread. I fear it got lost in all these pages.

I deleted some of it, chiefly because for what I wanted to say touches on the part I left.

You guys I just don’t see who Cutler can be to blame here. Cutler wanted to work it out.. Even after the meeting he said all he wanted was for McKid to call him and tell him he wanted to make it work. How hard is it to just say I want you to be the QB of the Broncos next year? McKid pushed Cutler into asking to be traded by not wanting to work it out.

Cutler isn’t being a baby or anything else, He just doesn’t feel McKid wants him as the QB of the Broncos.

He said he thought he was antagonizing him. Why couldn’t Josh have just told him, let’s forget about everything that has happened and move on, I am looking forward to working with you this year?

McKid hasn’t so much as said he wants to work it out with Cutler.

Thats basically a one sided Cutler article.

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:31 AM
yes its one sided, but why would Cutler lie?

He said he went in to the meeting wanting to be a Bronco and left wanting to be traded... Mcdaniels obviously did something

NameUsedBefore
03-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Cutler has been pretty professional in his tenure here, being the most determined and hard-working off-season player we have had since Rod Smith hung up his cleats. Maybe Cutler is a bitch, I dunno, but we never saw it for some time.

honz
03-16-2009, 02:33 AM

He said he went in to the meeting wanting to be a Bronco and left wanting to be traded... Mcdaniels obviously did something

He told him the truth? That he isn't a perfect player and his play will be evaluated just like every other players'.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 02:51 AM

Cutler has been pretty professional in his tenure here, being the most determined and hard-working off-season player we have had since Rod Smith hung up his cleats. Maybe Cutler is a bitch, I dunno, but we never saw it for some time.

You guys, right now what is the problem? Why isn't Cutler coming in on Monday? He said he was coming. So why isn't Cutler coming now?

He got the feeling McKid doesn't want him in Denver.. The reason he isn't coming is because McKid has a problem with him. Why are we even talking about this as if its Cutler's problem with McKid?

Cutler was willing to forget everything and come to the meeting. Why didn't McKid want Cutler to come is what we should be asking.. Isn't that what Cutler is saying? McKid doesn't want me to be a Bronco?

Listen to what he said, "If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Then he goes on to say, "You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call meand say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things but that didn't happen So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed beause I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

He also said, "As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me." Cutler believed McKid was telling him not to come tomorrow.

McKid new exactly how Cutler was taking what he was telling him "As McDaniels pointed out, Cutler had a completely different expectation when he left their private meeting on Saturday.

McKid could see Cutlers Expectation changed when he left. He new Cutler was thinking he was telling him he didn't want him on the team anymore.

There was no misunderstandings..

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 02:58 AM
He told him the truth? That he isn't a perfect player and his play will be evaluated just like every other players'.

he told Jay that every time they had talked the last month though, why not try settling things? sorting it out and saying lets move on instead of trying to make a point that its his way or the high way?

I know the one whos lacking maturity here, and it isnt Cutler.

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Seems to me Jay wanted McD to kiss his feet and beg forgiveness and didn't get it

Perhaps he just told Jay that no one player is untradeable, and that's that.

All that interview was was Jay's point of view.

He has said how he felt, and how the things McD made him feel, but that's just his POV.

I am not enjoying Jay's little chats with the media, and I feel like this has aggrevated the situation far worse than it ever needed to be.

Had Jay just taken McD's statement that, yes offers were made, but no, Jay wouldn't be traded, at face value, then none of this would be an issue.

Cook is pissing in Jay's ear and a media circus has ensued. Jay is like the NFL's new Britney Spears. Media money machine.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 03:00 AM

Both Cutler and McKid said he hadn't ever talked negative about Cutlers play..

That was a BS story by NFLN

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Seems to me Jay wanted McD to kiss his feet and beg forgiveness and didn't get it

He has said how he felt, and how the things McD made him feel, but that's just his POV.

I am not enjoying Jay's little chats with the media, and I feel like this has aggrevated the situation far worse than it ever needed to be.

Had Jay just taken McD's statement that, yes offers were made, but no, Jay wouldn't be traded, at face value, then none of this would be an issue.

Cook is pissing in Jay's ear and a media circus has ensued. Jay is like the NFL's new Britney Spears. Media money machine.

not true kap, read wars post about cutler telling what really happened in saturdays discussion. mcdaniels told cutler TO HIS FACE that he wasnt "his guy" and that "he didnt regret trying to move him" and that "he still could move him"

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 03:03 AM

He didn't ask McKid to kiss his feet.. All he wanted was to play football and forget this mess.. McKid was the one who wouldn't let it go, not Cutler.

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 03:11 AM
all of McDaniels quotes as from Warhorse's post.

"I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it's only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context," McDaniels said. "There's been a pattern here for the past two weeks the way things [have been represented] in our communications. I don't think anythng that happened [Saturday] was out of the ordinary. At the end of the meeting, Jay said he had thought about things quite a bit and requested a few more hours to mull things over. He said he wanted to talk to Bus on how to proceed. He was gonna call me on my cell phone and that never happened. Instead, Bus called [GM] Brian [Xanders].
"Again, I think that's been a pattern. I couldn't get [Cutler] to talk to me for two weeks or to talk to Mr. Bowlen. Then when he came here this weekend, we couldn't get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone. He wanted Bus in there, so I had Brian sit in, too. And it was the four of us. There wasn't any yelling, none of that. I can't believe we get to a totally different [interpretation].

"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we've done our best to limit that. The main message I want to get out is that we're excited to start our offseason program [Monday]. It's an exciting time for us."

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

and JAY'S quote

"We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

Jay said McD said this. McD did not say it. Jay says that as far as HE is concerned McD wanted his own guy.

That's different than McD saying it. That was Jay's perception.

He didn't ask McKid to kiss his feet.. All he wanted was to play football and forget this mess.. McKid was the one who wouldn't let it go, not Cutler.
Had Jay really wanted to get on with his job, he wouldn't have been playing media darling to the circus that is going on.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 03:36 AM
all of McDaniels quotes as from Warhorse's post.

and JAY'S quote

Jay said McD said this. McD did not say it. Jay says that as far as HE is concerned McD wanted his own guy.

That's different than McD saying it. That was Jay's perception.

Had Jay really wanted to get on with his job, he wouldn't have been playing media darling to the circus that is going on.

He hasn't talked to the Media for almost a week. All he did this time was basically tell the media he wasn't coming tomorrow because McKid didn't want him on the team anymore..

That is 6 one half dozen the other. If he's saying, I will look into any and all trades to see if the deal will benefit the team, How exactly is that not also saying, you could be traded if I feel the deal will benefit the team? :confused:

Kapaibro
03-16-2009, 03:52 AM
If these quotes from Jay haven't come from Jay speaking to the media then WTF???

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 06:40 AM
If these quotes from Jay haven't come from Jay speaking to the media then WTF???

I meant to write hadn't instead of hasn't, Hit the S instead of the D..

roomemp
03-16-2009, 06:54 AM
So be it. McDaniels should put everyone on notice today.

fcspikeit
03-16-2009, 07:18 AM
So be it. McDaniels should put everyone on notice today.

What that he didn't want Cutler to come to the meeting?

Cutler said when asked if he would be there on Monday "As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

claymore
03-16-2009, 07:38 AM

At this point in his career he is better than John Elway. Cutler deserved some loyalty. And this rat has come in and screwed this franchise.

Boy was I wrong on not wanting Raheem Morris.

atwater27
03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
May I ask you why you have those exploding WTC as your avatar? I'm curious.

Because it happened in my country and it can't be forgotten. Not all of us live in NYC. It's not as fresh in our minds like it should be.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 08:17 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. At some point Bowlen has to step in and either FIX this thing or change directions with the coach (not going to happen). McD is CLEARLY in over his head and the Denver Broncos are going to suffer as a result.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
****!

What a train wreck.

So much for everyone acting like adults and working it out.

Right now I have no love for Cutler, McDaniels, or that drunk retard, Pat Bowlen.

They should hold onto Jay until they get a good trade, if people aren't going to give what we want, let Jay rot on the bench. While we are at it we might as well get rid of Marshall, no point in taking the risk of giving him a big payday if we have no-one to get him the ball.

claymore
03-16-2009, 08:27 AM
****!

What a train wreck.

So much for everyone acting like adults and working it out.

Right now I have no love for Cutler, McDaniels, or that drunk retard, Pat Bowlen.

They should hold onto Jay until they get a good trade, if people aren't going to give what we want, let Jay rot on the bench. While we are at it we might as well get rid of Marshall, no point in taking the risk of giving him a big payday if we have no-one to get him the ball.
I hope the players revolt or dont show today.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I hope the players revolt or dont show today.

Maybe we will be 4-12 next year.

Mike
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Maybe we will be 4-12 next year.

Optimistic at best.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. At some point Bowlen has to step in and either FIX this thing or change directions with the coach (not going to happen). McD is CLEARLY in over his head and the Denver Broncos are going to suffer as a result.

Is this a joke? Bowlen has already stated he was unhappy with the way Jay has handled himself and what do people here say about that? "Oh, he must have just been misinterpreted".

Pathetic how blind the sheep are.

claymore
03-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Is this a joke? Bowlen has already stated he was unhappy with the way Jay has handled himself and what do people here say about that? "Oh, he must have just been misinterpreted".

Pathetic how blind the sheep are.

It tells me Bowlen is being lied to or out of touch.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Seriously? There is really NO possible way that WE the public might be the ones not getting the full story on what is going on in HIS organization?

Somehow I doubt that

Mike
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM

And that he has a vested interest in backing the coach after facing critism for firing Shanahan.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Shanahan deserved to be fired, sorry. Of course he backs the Coach. It isn't all on McD, Cutler has mishandled the situation too. "I'm mad you wanted to trade me, now trade me" is no way to respond.