PDA

View Full Version : Draft theory

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I posed this in another thread..

I have a theory question here .. need the draft experts to answer this one..

If we were to trade with DET for #1 and #20 and something else whatever..

If we can't get a great deal with whom we wanted for the #1 pick and we allow the next team to chose. Then perhaps as far down as #4-6 before we make our choice. Who gets the #1 money? the one actually taken or do you think our choice would indeed hold out for it..

We still get one of the top 4-5 choices in the draft and do not have to pay #1 money in guarantees or contract..

Can we defer the choice until we get to a place we feel we can afford it?

I do not need to hear from anyone that thinks we do not have the money to do this just whether its is possible.. or the naysayers that want to keep jay at any cost..

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm glad to hear that you dont care about this person's opinion (sentence highlighted in yellow). Looks like classic Jrwiz to me :coffee:

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Just be quiet Jr.

underrated29
03-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I think we could yes, and wherever we pick them is where they get paid...IE 4.

I think,

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 09:51 PM

I think,

Thanks that is what I understand..

elsid13
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM

I think,

Thanks that is what I understand..

That not correct. The agent will demand be the money for the pick #1 no matter where he was picked see Minnesota and what happened. Going Minnesota just make the franchise look inept and allows other teams to get a better potential player.

In fact that very stupid idea.

bullis26
03-15-2009, 10:25 PM
i'd rather get a package deal.... cutler for quinn, and rodgers...and swap our picks with the browns or get a second or third

Lonestar
03-16-2009, 12:30 AM
That not correct. The agent will demand be the money for the pick #1 no matter where he was picked see Minnesota and what happened. Going Minnesota just make the franchise look inept and allows other teams to get a better potential player.

In fact that very stupid idea.

I knew it happened a time before and did not know what the out come was IIRC it was just one pick before they got their act together.. if it were 3-5 spots..

do you really think an agent could still do that? I think it would be a difficult sell myself..

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 01:30 AM
i posed this in another thread..

I have a theory question here .. Need the draft experts to answer this one..

If we were to trade with det for #1 and #20 and something else whatever..

If we can't get a great deal with whom we wanted for the #1 pick and we allow the next team to chose. Then perhaps as far down as #4-6 before we make our choice. Who gets the #1 money? The one actually taken or do you think our choice would indeed hold out for it..

We still get one of the top 4-5 choices in the draft and do not have to pay #1 money in guarantees or contract..

i do not need to hear from anyone that thinks we do not have the money to do this just whether its is possible.. Or the naysayers that want to keep jay at any cost..

are you saying we have the money?

sneakers
03-16-2009, 01:51 AM
If Cutler survives not being traded before or at the draft, do you think he is safe for this season at least?

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 03:43 AM
I posed this in another thread..

I have a theory question here .. need the draft experts to answer this one..

If we were to trade with DET for #1 and #20 and something else whatever..

If we can't get a great deal with whom we wanted for the #1 pick and we allow the next team to chose. Then perhaps as far down as #4-6 before we make our choice. Who gets the #1 money? the one actually taken or do you think our choice would indeed hold out for it..

I do not need to hear from anyone that thinks we do not have the money to do this just whether its is possible.. or the naysayers that want to keep jay at any cost..

Dont you mean......DAFT Theory?

elsid13
03-16-2009, 04:59 AM
I knew it happened a time before and did not know what the out come was IIRC it was just one pick before they got their act together.. if it were 3-5 spots..

do you really think an agent could still do that? I think it would be a difficult sell myself..

Yes they would. Remember the crap that Rivers and SD went through with the trade?

elsid13
03-16-2009, 05:00 AM
If Cutler survives not being traded before or at the draft, do you think he is safe for this season at least?

Depends. I don't think Cassell has signed a long term deal yet.

sneakers
03-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Depends. I don't think Cassell has signed a long term deal yet.

I would think less of the Broncos decision makers if they are still trying to go after Cassell. (Matt Cassell = Scott Mitchell)

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 05:56 AM
That depends on his attitiude, I would guess..............he may get away with skipping the voluntary stuff, but once the OTAs come around, then he'd better be toeing the line.................for his own sake as much as the Broncos.................