PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Supporters, Let's Vent

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
This thread is for us posters that love Jay Cutler and want him to be our QB. If you support the trade of Cutler and say that "Cutler sucks" followed by ignorant statements, dont post in this thread.

I really want to vent...because I really do not see the logic behind trading a 25 year old, Pro Bowl QB that has not even reached his full potential. How does that make us a better team?

People are saying "He should get traded because it will make us a better team".

How does that work? We trade Cutler for a scrub QB that wont be here in two years?

The fact is that we CAN NOT get equal value for Cutler, because pretty soon he could take the crown of "Best QB in the NFL" once Manning and Tom Brady start to decline.

That's a big maybe though...

We finally have our franchise QB that we have been lacking for 10 years (since Elway retired), and now we want to get rid of him because McDumbass (BTW he hasnt proved anything as a head coach) cant man up and tell Jay that he lied?

All I know is that this whole stupid situation will blow over if we make it through this offseason. Why? Because we will start winning games...and that cures everything.

Let me emphasize this: I am NOT entirely on Jay Cutler's side, but I can no longer stand seeing how people blame him alone.

I believe that BOTH Cutler and McDaniels are to blame, not just McDaniels, not just Cutler.
All I know is...Cutler should not get traded :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
This thread is for us posters that love Jay Cutler and want him to be our QB. If you support the trade of Cutler and say that "Cutler sucks" followed by ignorant statements, dont post in this thread.

I really want to vent...because I really do not see the logic behind trading a 25 year old, Pro Bowl QB that has not even reached his full potential. How does that make us a better team?

I totally agree with you.

slim
03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree, he shouldn't be traded...and I am sure he wont be, if he stops acting like a douche.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Guys, I support him until the minute the team meeting starts. Then he needs to go if he is not there.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Guys, I support him until the minute the team meeting starts. Then he needs to go if he is not there.

He wont be there :lol:

NameUsedBefore
03-15-2009, 09:29 PM
If he's not at the mandatory meetings then yeah he and the team probably need to move and separate ways. I will still blame McDaniels for ****ing this team over, however. It's no accident that we avoided this kind of crap for years under Shanahan and then before McDaniels first season is underway he's already ****ed up.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 09:31 PM
McDick will be on probation for a long while.

G_Money
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm not even really purely a Cutler supporter.

I've just watched us try to replace Elway with Brister, Griese, and Plummer. One was too old and stupid, one was too me-centric and anti-team, one was...wait, which one was too me-centric and anti-team?

And here we have Cutler - better gifts and brain than Plummer, well-liked by other players, puts time in for the weight-room and the film-room, still blossoming as a player, and other than a crack about Elway that got overblown never made a peep as a primadonna QB and beloved by Shanahan (a bad thing in some peoples' books, I know).

And people are chucking him overboard because obviously management must be right because...they're management? :confused:

The new guy who has never been a head coach anywhere and the personnel guy who built nothing must know what they're doing, simply because Pat hired them?

It boggles my mind.

I understand what McDaniels was thinking. He knows he has a 3-4 year clock that starts immediately, and jumping forward with a guy who knows his system and is not as mistake-prone seems like a good idea.

But I can't help feeling like Bill Walsh would have made it work if he had found himself in charge of a John Elway gunslinger instead of a Joe Montana precision passer.

And it worries me that we picked a guy who not only wasn't planning on using our fairly promising, if red-zone-sputtering, offense but has the people skills of a drooling mastiff.

Of course, most of the Patriots tree branches do. Weis pisses people off, Crennel couldn't ever get anyone on the same page, Mangini angers people with his controlling compulsions...it shouldn't be surprising.

The headman, Bill B, has proven you can win that way. HIS mentor, Parcells, keeps proving that. But both get loyalty and buy-in from their guys as they trash the rest. McDaniels way to do that is to bring in a bunch of Patriots and AFC East guys who know him and hope that does the trick.

Which it might...if he gets off to a fast start. Now he needs one. With or without Cutler, he needs one, because if he doesn't, THIS will be the drama-blown-up reason why. Not inexperience, not team talent, this.

And if he had just been able to manage Cutler's drama-queenness...which, once again, was NOT a problem for Shanny, who is not exactly known for being kind to his QBs. He raised up Young and Elway, and crushed Brister, Griese and Plummer beneath his heel. Those with the talent, he gave leeway to, and they destroyed the world for him.

McDaniels is from a different mold. That's not terrible, and we're obviously stuck with him for 3-4 years regardless, so hopefully he can make his way work.

It just shocks me that a guy would take this job and then be prepared to potentially dismantle several of the pieces that were actually in place to build on. Or that Pat would hire someone for such a reconstruction.

The offseason's interesting. The Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times" is certainly pounding down upon us.

But it's really sad to see that either McDaniels is a demon or Cutler is - and that a surprising amount of people will give more leeway to the guy with no track record over the guy with a pretty decent one.

Cutler will be fine. People will line up for his services, now and in 2-3 years when he hits the open market. He has a brand-new head coach who couldn't get along with him, and a HOF coach who thought he was the cat's meow. It swings in his favor for potential coach #3.

I do love the shots at Jay that are coming out now. "Oh, I guess nobody ever told him no at anything, he had his way at Vandy..."

He was an option QB at Vandy his first two years because nobody - NOBODY - would take him as a QB in division 1-A BUT Vandy. Then he shifted coaches and offenses half way through. Made himself a first round QB despite 2 systems, one of which was partly option, 2 coaches, and playing for the weakest team in the toughest conference. Then he stepped into the Plummer mess and the Following Elway footsteps. And he's barely blinked.

Why is he blinking now? There's something else going on, and I don't like it.

Like I said, Cutler will be fine.

And I hope we'll be fine without Cutler.

I'm still hoping we don't have to find out, but every day seems to bring us closer to the zero line on that one.

And it could have been avoided. That's what still aggravates me. It didn't have to get here, but now we're stuck with the consequences.

May they be a boon and not a bane to us, whatever else they are.

~G

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
^^great post

skycoyote
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I have no faith in McDaniels, I knew he was a mistake from the moment I heard that Bowlen was even considering interviewing him. Its obvious that Cutler feels this way too and has created this situation to get traded or get a bigger contract.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 10:10 PM
I couldn't agree more G! 1,000 :salute:

Cutler has never said anything accept he wants to be a Bronco... I know Cutler will be fine regardless what happens.. We are the ones who are stuck with McDipshit.. It doesn't matter who it is, No good QB will want to play for McKid knowing they will forever be on the trading block, knowing that all it will take is enough draft picks to be offered and they will be sent packing...

Belichich would not trade Brady! This isn't even the Patriot way... This is McKids way... and apparently now the Broncos way... :sad:

elsid13
03-15-2009, 10:17 PM

I've just watched us try to replace Elway with Brister, Griese, and Plummer. One was too old and stupid, one was too me-centric and anti-team, one was...wait, which one was too me-centric and anti-team?

And here we have Cutler - better gifts and brain than Plummer, well-liked by other players, puts time in for the weight-room and the film-room, still blossoming as a player, and other than a crack about Elway that got overblown never made a peep as a primadonna QB and beloved by Shanahan (a bad thing in some peoples' books, I know).

And people are chucking him overboard because obviously management must be right because...they're management? :confused:

The new guy who has never been a head coach anywhere and the personnel guy who built nothing must know what they're doing, simply because Pat hired them?

It boggles my mind.

I understand what McDaniels was thinking. He knows he has a 3-4 year clock that starts immediately, and jumping forward with a guy who knows his system and is not as mistake-prone seems like a good idea.

But I can't help feeling like Bill Walsh would have made it work if he had found himself in charge of a John Elway gunslinger instead of a Joe Montana precision passer.

And it worries me that we picked a guy who not only wasn't planning on using our fairly promising, if red-zone-sputtering, offense but has the people skills of a drooling mastiff.

Of course, most of the Patriots tree branches do. Weis pisses people off, Crennel couldn't ever get anyone on the same page, Mangini angers people with his controlling compulsions...it shouldn't be surprising.

The headman, Bill B, has proven you can win that way. HIS mentor, Parcells, keeps proving that. But both get loyalty and buy-in from their guys as they trash the rest. McDaniels way to do that is to bring in a bunch of Patriots and AFC East guys who know him and hope that does the trick.

Which it might...if he gets off to a fast start. Now he needs one. With or without Cutler, he needs one, because if he doesn't, THIS will be the drama-blown-up reason why. Not inexperience, not team talent, this.

And if he had just been able to manage Cutler's drama-queenness...which, once again, was NOT a problem for Shanny, who is not exactly known for being kind to his QBs. He raised up Young and Elway, and crushed Brister, Griese and Plummer beneath his heel. Those with the talent, he gave leeway to, and they destroyed the world for him.

McDaniels is from a different mold. That's not terrible, and we're obviously stuck with him for 3-4 years regardless, so hopefully he can make his way work.

It just shocks me that a guy would take this job and then be prepared to potentially dismantle several of the pieces that were actually in place to build on. Or that Pat would hire someone for such a reconstruction.

The offseason's interesting. The Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times" is certainly pounding down upon us.

But it's really sad to see that either McDaniels is a demon or Cutler is - and that a surprising amount of people will give more leeway to the guy with no track record over the guy with a pretty decent one.

Cutler will be fine. People will line up for his services, now and in 2-3 years when he hits the open market. He has a brand-new head coach who couldn't get along with him, and a HOF coach who thought he was the cat's meow. It swings in his favor for potential coach #3.

I do love the shots at Jay that are coming out now. "Oh, I guess nobody ever told him no at anything, he had his way at Vandy..."

He was an option QB at Vandy his first two years because nobody - NOBODY - would take him as a QB in division 1-A BUT Vandy. Then he shifted coaches and offenses half way through. Made himself a first round QB despite 2 systems, one of which was partly option, 2 coaches, and playing for the weakest team in the toughest conference. Then he stepped into the Plummer mess and the Following Elway footsteps. And he's barely blinked.

I'm still hoping we don't have to find out, but every day seems to bring us closer to the zero line on that one.

And it could have been avoided. That's what still aggravates me. It didn't have to get here, but now we're stuck with the consequences.

~G

Great post, but I have feeling this tied to having Tony Scheffer traded. I think that Cutler was willing to put things behind him until he found out his boy was about to go. Cutler is loyal to a fault.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Great post, but I have feeling this tied to having Tony Scheffer traded. I think that Cutler was willing to put things behind him until he found out his boy was about to go. Cutler is loyal to a fault.

He was said to be coming tomorrow until his meeting with McDipshit on Saturday..

god I hope he comes... I know McKid doesn't want him there, he is just looking for a reason to trade him away regardless the compensation now. But Man I would love for Cutler to show up and force that worthless ***** to be the bad guy..

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 10:22 PM
He was said to be coming tomorrow until his meeting with McDipshit on Saturday..

god I hope he comes... I know McKid doesn't want him there, he is just looking for a reason to trade him away regardless the compensation now. But Man I would love for Cutler to show up and force that worthless ***** to be the bad guy..

:eek:

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

Cutler has left Denver, and now he tells the Broncos to trade him...

this nightmare is the worst ever...

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
:eek:

Cutler has left Denver, and now he tells the Broncos to trade him...

this nightmare is the worst ever...

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver and is done negotiating with the team. Cutler will not be attending Monday's voluntary team workout. Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

Cuter and his agent met face to face with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

G_Money
03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
As I've said before, Shanahan could have traded Scheffler. He had the goodwill built up. McDaniels doesn't. So if you trade Scheffler and make Cutler angry, then he'll tell Marshall to walk...we lose em all.

You can't stay hostage to an oft-injured pass-catching tight end, but there are worse players who have gotten jobs because they were buddies with someone with some pull. Like I said, Shanahan could have gotten away with it, and so could McDaniels - next year. After a year to show what he could do, after Scheff was gonna walk as a free agent. He didn't have to trade Scheff this year. There was no law about it or anything.

But he doesn't seem to feel interpersonal relationships are an important part of a team. That could be costly.

McDaniels can recover from it. He'll get the chance to prove he's a coaching genius now, though he would be well-advised to let someone assist him in the player-relations department. He'll still get his crack at things to prove to us his way really IS the right way, and I don't have a problem seeing whatever his final product winds up being before I call him a fool for it. People told Bill B that he was a fool for dumping Bledsoe for the late round kid who was probably a one year wonder, but Bill knew what he had.

Unfortunately, what we have is Chris Simms right now - better than Ramsey, but not exactly Tom Brady.

But at this point it looks like we're out Scheffler, Cutler, and Marshall in the bargain over
the next year. That's a steep price to pay for some pride and player-relations issues.

I hope it's worth the cost - right now, McDaniels is starting off in the red, though, not the black.

He better get his QB if it isn't Simms, he better find a way to relate better to the players still on the team than he already has to those he's pushing off it.

And if he could stop embarrassing my team in the press by making us look like doofuses, that'd be much appreciated too.

Maybe it's all on Cutler and his high-maintenance approach to life.

I just don't think it is.

~G

atwater27
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Cutler is loyal to a fault.

I wish I could say that about the Mc humpers

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I wish I could say that about the Mc humpers

McDaniels should run his car into a lake...

atwater27
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM

It boggles my mind.

~G
G, the single greatest poster on the board.

Bozo Jr.
03-16-2009, 02:40 AM
He wont be there :lol:

Than Good Riddance!

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 03:06 AM
McDaniels is cutting his teeth on lies here.

This is just as much 'I RUN THE SHOW' Bowlens fault as any.

See, I can write this off as McDaniels is making a young, uneducated mistake, and all young people do that.

But not when you refuse to look in the mirror and your crap dont stink.

He has LIED to Cutler........then ADMITTED IT........even though he doesnt want to CALL it lies........he steered Cutler right into a tree on the side of the road.

And so did BOWLEN when he knew this stuff was going on.

Cutler was quoted on CBS 4 as saying when he heard about it, and tried to gather some information, they all refused to answer his calls........Bowlen included.

So you gonna crank on Cutler because he wont answer your calls?

Sorry jack.........no slack.

You see Bowlen, when it comes to LOOKING A DUDE IN THE EYE, MAN TO MAN.......YOURE MONEY AINT JACK.

The way I see it, Im a man just like Bowlen. And good for him that hes made a name for himself and all as owner of the Denver Broncos. But if you give me the silent treatment and dont answer MY calls when I call you.................are you so dumb as to think I owe it to you to answer YOUR calls just because you pay my check on MY down time?

Hey, I dont care WHO you are or if youre my boss or what. You want to be treated with respect as a man, then you damned well better treat me the same way, or youre on your own. I find out youre dangling me in trade talks, and I want to talk to you to about whats going on, and you stonewall me?

I own my own business, and I do business with some huge contractors that are much bigger than myself. But when Im on vacation, or spending time for myself.......I dont care if the president calls........I answer when I want. If that ruffles your panties cause youre 'the president', then RUFFLE AWAY.

So I dont down Cutler ONE BIT for not answering Bowlens calls. Treat me as you would be treated O rich one.

If you think I owe it to you cause you pay me millions.......the fire me.
Cause there a man right down the street who is willing to pay me MORE.

Of course youre not going to fire me.........cause the fact is.....I make millions for you too. Im the 'vaunted' QB of the mighty Denver Broncos......remember?

Im definitely in CUTLERS CORNER on this one. If he ends up being traded, then I'll be counting the days till McLIAR is fired.

WARHORSE
03-16-2009, 03:13 AM
than good riddance!

Or better yet: Won plus too is tree!

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Cutler might not get traded. McDaniels says that he doesnt want draft picks...he wants a QuarterBack with just as much upside as Cutler if they deal him. There arent really any QuarterBacks with as much upside as Cutler...so that probably isnt going to happen.

I see this situation being treated as the Chad Johnson situation last offseason...

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
:tsk:

Northman
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM

What if Cutler doesnt want to be here?

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
What if Cutler doesnt want to be here?

Chad Johnson didnt want to be in Cincinatti last season...but since he's under contract...he had no choice.

JONtheBRONCO
03-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I WANT Jay Cutler to be our starting quarterback... I love him at the helm of our offense.. But he's acting like a schmuck.. That's not saying McDaniels hasn't acted like a schmuck either... because he has. The only difference is Cutler isn't allowing fences to be mended. Period. Instead he says McDaniels wants to trade him... When McDaniels told Cutler he won't be traded, your our guy. I mean, come on..

You want to play for your teammates, but you won't show up for the first offseason meeting?

Are we Cutler fans? Yes... But are we Bronco fans? For life..

The situation is being handled poorly on both sides. But who is carrying this out? Demanding for a trade? Let's be real here. The NFL is a business, like it or not. It was unfortunate the Broncos listened to trade offers and it was exposed to the media, because this has totally been blown out of proportion IMO.

And what happens next? Would if the Broncos make a contract extension to Cutler for a ridiculous amount of money and he accepts? What does that say about Cutler? So loyalty and trust comes through money? Not your teammates? Then would if he doesn't perform on the same level as we all expect, would if he is just another Jeff George, the money gets to his head? That will set the Broncos back even more years.

Theres two sides to every argument.. McDaniels and Bowlen screwed up, time to get over that Jay. They have told you they won't trade you, but you continue to act like a child. Now you want to be traded. Cutler fan or not, this is getting ridiculous. Sorry guys, I'm a Bronco fan.

G_Money
03-16-2009, 02:16 PM
So's everyone on this board, Jon.

~G

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I WANT Jay Cutler to be our starting quarterback... I love him at the helm of our offense.. But he's acting like a schmuck.. That's not saying McDaniels hasn't acted like a schmuck either... because he has. The only difference is Cutler isn't allowing fences to be mended. Period. Instead he says McDaniels wants to trade him... When McDaniels told Cutler he won't be traded, your our guy. I mean, come on..

You want to play for your teammates, but you won't show up for the first offseason meeting?

Are we Cutler fans? Yes... But are we Bronco fans? For life..

The situation is being handled poorly on both sides. But who is carrying this out? Demanding for a trade? Let's be real here. The NFL is a business, like it or not. It was unfortunate the Broncos listened to trade offers and it was exposed to the media, because this has totally been blown out of proportion IMO.

And what happens next? Would if the Broncos make a contract extension to Cutler for a ridiculous amount of money and he accepts? What does that say about Cutler? So loyalty and trust comes through money? Not your teammates? Then would if he doesn't perform on the same level as we all expect, would if he is just another Jeff George, the money gets to his head? That will set the Broncos backer even more years.

Theres two sides to every argument.. McDaniels and Bowlen screwed up, time to get over that Jay. They have told you they won't trade you, but you continue to act like a child. Now you want to be traded. Cutler fan or not, this is getting ridiculous. Sorry guys, I'm a Bronco fan.

did you read the ESPN article? He wanted to make nice...but McDipShit continued to be a hard ass on Jay Cutler...he didnt help the situation at all.

EDIT: enjoy http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

this shows how great McDonut is :rolleyes:

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Chad Johnson didnt want to be in Cincinatti last season...but since he's under contract...he had no choice.

Doesnt mean that Jay wont sit out or force the trade that he wants.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Doesnt mean that Jay wont sit out or force the trade that he wants.

Again, Chad Johnson tried to do that...but he had no leverage.

Jay Cutler has no leverage. He's under contract for 3 more seasons...

If McDipShit wants him here...he's going to be here. Like it or not...(that sounds harsh :eek:)

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Again, Chad Johnson tried to do that...but he had no leverage.

Jay Cutler has no leverage. He's under contract for 3 more seasons...

If McDipShit wants him here...he's going to be here. Like it or not...(that sounds harsh :eek:)

Than that means all is well and everyone can quit complaining. Awesome.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Than that means all is well and everyone can quit complaining. Awesome.

I wish that were the case...

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I wish that were the case...

Actually, it is the case. Jay can shut the **** up and go prove him wrong. Simple ******* logic.

getlynched47
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually, it is the case. Jay can shut the **** up and go prove him wrong. Simple ******* logic.

Why Jay? Why doesnt McDaniels publicly announce that Jay Cutler is the Quarterback of the Denver Broncos? That would end this quickly...

Northman
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Why Jay? Why doesnt McDaniels publicly announce that Jay Cutler is the Quarterback of the Denver Broncos? That would end this quickly...

Jay is the QB of this team, why does he have to announce it?