PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Will Not Show Up Tomorrow

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2009, 06:22 PM
On CBS4 main page, this says breaking news - but it is dated yesterday???? Also says Tony Scheffler also intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

BreakingNews CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will not report for the team's voluntary workout on Monday. Cutler and his agent met with the Broncos yesterday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler remains in Denver where he recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler also intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

Northman
03-15-2009, 06:24 PM
The voluntary stuff doesnt bother me. But the Mandatory meeting does, so i hope he shows up.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
It over and now we can see if there is anything in the ashes that can be recovered.

nthngd2say
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I guess I could overlook missed voluntary workouts if this wasn't a new offensive system and Cutler will hopefully be directing the offense. We won't really know until tomorrow but not showing up for the new staff's first organized activity/team meeting isn't just something to sniff at. At the very least Cutler is passing up a $100,000 workout bonus if I recall correctly. I know that overall that's small change but its basically free money. I guess we'll all have to wait and see what impact, if any, missing the workouts has.

deacon
03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I hope Denver keeps Cutler on the roster and suspends him. Let him sit for a couple of years without playing if he wants to be such a baby.

spikerman
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I'll bet Brian Dawkins is on the phone with his agent right now telling him to figure out a way to get him back to Philadelphia.

topscribe
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not going to take sides (something for which I will probably again be flamed)
since all I know is that there is a whole lot of vanity and self-centeredness
involved, likely on both sides, from my knowledge of human nature.

But until this clears up somehow, I have just about lost my interest in
professional football.

Go CSU and Arizona Wildcats!!

-----

honz
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm slowly getting to the point where I think we should just ship his ass out of here. I'm sure both sides are to blame for the problems, but Bowlen isn't gonna fire McDaniels and pay for 3 head coaches' salaries so Cutler is the one that is gonna go if they can't settle their differences. There is simply no reason that they shouldn't have been able to work this out by now. Utterly ridiculous.

elsid13
03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I just wonder if the pissing contest deals with Scheffer being traded. What if McKidd told Jay that Scheff is going to be moved and that what causing this lasted pissing contest.

PatrietteAz
03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I'll bet Brian Dawkins is on the phone with his agent right now telling him to figure out a way to get him back to Philadelphia.

:D

Josh is the boss..these guys who think they can pull power plays will learn fast that they ARE priveleged to play in this league. Even Jay freaking Cutler (with no accolades to his name).

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh Shit...

Magnificent Seven
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I believe in Darrell Hackney. He will do a great job.

tomjonesrocks
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Yep. Just got the CBS4 text. More evidence that the team is closer to having to trade Cutler for table scraps.

Good to see McDaniels hard-ass approach is working out splendidly.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Cutler's parents need to spank that baby...

and McDaniels needs to get a swift kick in the ass by Pat Bowlen.

And Bus Cook needs to be "eliminated"...if you know what I mean.

That will solve this entire problem...

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I guess I could overlook missed voluntary workouts if this wasn't a new offensive system and Cutler will hopefully be directing the offense. We won't really know until tomorrow but not showing up for the new staff's first organized activity/team meeting isn't just something to sniff at. At the very least Cutler is passing up a $100,000 workout bonus if I recall correctly. I know that overall that's small change but its basically free money. I guess we'll all have to wait and see what impact, if any, missing the workouts has.

in order to get his $100k he has to attend 90% of the "voluntary time..

so he can be a pantie waist tomorrow and STILL get his workouts in..

a really bad precedent with a new boss..

claymore
03-15-2009, 07:46 PM

100K aint jack to Jay........... He could care less. But he should still show. And Man up and take control of his team.

Dean
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM

I thought that it was obvious by now that everytime he and the new boss communicate they get farther and farther apart. At this stage, what the new boss thinks does not rank foremost in his mind.

broncohead
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I thought he was smarter then that...

NightTrainLayne
03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I hope Denver keeps Cutler on the roster and suspends him. Let him sit for a couple of years without playing if he wants to be such a baby.

I fully support this. He can pout on the bench. . .Of course, it's easy for me to spend Mr. Bowlen's money, I imagine that Pat's business sense will over-ride that emotional response.

spikerman
03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe it's time to try a new approach. From now on - under no circumstances should Cutler and McDaniels speak directly to each other. Things only get worse when they try to "communicate".

The way these two are acting I wouldn't be surprised if they're down to the "I know you are, but what am I" argument.

Northman
03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I fully support this. He can pout on the bench. . .Of course, it's easy for me to spend Mr. Bowlen's money, I imagine that Pat's business sense will over-ride that emotional response.

Whats even worse is too be benched and have Simms playing and MAYBE succeeding in his place. :lol:

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
A suspension would be the lamest thing. Either play him or trade him.

spikerman
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
A suspension would be the lamest thing. Either play him or trade him.

Exactly. It would actually be more harmful to the Broncos. Cutler would still be collecting his money to hold a clipboard and his salary would be counting against the cap (if there is one).

KCL
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
After reading through all these threads...yes I have been reading them...maybe
Jay wants to be traded.... :whoknows:

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
After reading through all these threads...yes I have been reading them...maybe
Jay wants to be traded.... :whoknows:

ya think? :rolleyes:

Right now he wants to be traded. But if this stupid feud gets settled...everthing will be fine :salute:

KCL
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
ya think? :rolleyes:

Right now he wants to be traded. But if this stupid feud gets settled...everthing will be fine :salute:

Yes I think.....:rolleyes:

If this gets settled...how long has this shit been going on for now?
Both sides have to give a little to gain alot and so far that isn't happening.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Exactly. It would actually be more harmful to the Broncos. Cutler would still be collecting his money to hold a clipboard and his salary would be counting against the cap (if there is one).

as I said in another thread suspend him without pay for acts detrimental to the team..

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
as I said in another thread suspend him without pay for acts detrimental to the team..

And then bring in elephants and a Ferris Wheel and maybe some midget clowns to Dove Valley. Because that is what it would be.

KCL
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
And then bring in elephants and a Ferris Wheel and maybe some midget clowns to Dove Valley. Because that is what it would be.

At least it would give Mo something to do.

getlynched47
Yes I think.....:rolleyes:

If this gets settled...how long has this shit been going on for now?
Both sides have to give a little to gain alot and so far that isn't happening.

Cutler is in Denver...and those two idiots (Cutler and McDipShit) are talking...so that's a start :D

getlynched47

:laugh: that would solve everything :coffee:

spikerman
03-15-2009, 08:49 PM

If there is a cap, I don't think that matters.

KCL
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Bief Stue;587498]QUOTE]

Bief....excuse me...I can post in these Cutler threads if I want.You posted crap in my DT thread.:rolleyes:

okay :focus:

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
If there is a cap, I don't think that matters.

it matters to his bank account..

if it does not we were overpaying him..:laugh: