PDA

View Full Version : Cutler keeps distance from trainer's roast

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Posted: 03/15/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos, right (File photo )The drama surrounding Jay Cutler continues. The Broncos quarterback was on the guest list at a roast honoring Broncos trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos on Saturday evening at Mile High at Invesco Field. However, Cutler decided against attending.

"With everything that's gone on in the last couple weeks, Jay didn't want to take away from the event," said Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth. "He is making a donation to the cause."

But according to a sourced report late Saturday night on KCNC-4's website, Cutler met face-to-face Saturday morning with coach Josh McDaniels. The source said the meeting did not go well and that is why Cutler did not attend the event Saturday night.

Antonopulos is in his 33rd year as Broncos head trainer.

Proceeds from the roast will benefit Dani's Foundation, which raises money for research and treatment for rare forms of cancer.

honz
03-15-2009, 02:16 AM
No moar spekulation plz! I can't wait until Monday...

broncobryce
03-15-2009, 02:29 AM
ZZZzzzzzz.........

WARHORSE
03-15-2009, 02:30 AM
If Cutler shows up.........there is a mob of media around him.

Good move on his part.

SR
03-15-2009, 02:53 AM
If Cutler shows up.........there is a mob of media around him.

Good move on his part.

Definitely agree with you there. He made the right choice by not attending.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2009, 07:26 AM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.nfl.broncos.2.958850.html

It appears the feud continues.

CBS4 Sports has learned Jay Cutler met face-to-face with head coach Josh McDaniels on Saturday morning. But the outcome was not good. We are told that much like last Monday's conference call between Cutler and the Broncos brass, Saturday's discussion did not go well. Cutler and the Broncos remain at odds.

The quarterback was scheduled to attend a "roast" for long-time Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos on Saturday night. But as guests began to arrive, we learned Cutler would not be coming. A Broncos spokesperson told media members who were gathered at the event that Cutler decided not to attend because he did not want the attention on him to overshadow the evening's festivities.

Sources tell CBS4 Sports that Cutler made his decision not to attend the event after the meeting with the Broncos went sour.

Now we await the next chapter in this soap opera. Monday morning, McDaniels will hold his first team meeting at Dove Valley. But will Cutler be there? A few days ago we were told Cutler was likely to report on Monday because he did not want to let down his teammates.

Now we're left to wonder if Saturday morning's meeting will make Cutler a Monday morning no-show.

claymore
03-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Personally I think it would be cool if the whole team missed Mondays meeting in support of Cutler.

AndyUKBronco
03-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm sick of Cutler's childish ways. What did it for me was when he wouldn't take Bowlen's calls.

It seems Rivers was right all along.

I couldn't care less whether he turns up Monday morning at Dove Valley. Trade him.

Den21vsBal19
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm sick of Cutler's childish ways. What did it for me was when he wouldn't take Bowlen's calls.

I couldn't care less whether he turns up Monday morning at Dove Valley. Trade him.
I don't think I'd go that far just yet...................but he certainly hasn't helped his cause.................

UnderArmour
03-15-2009, 09:41 AM

Cutler sucks dude! Trade him to the Raiders for a 7th round pick! We can find a good quarterback anywhere, I've played Madden before I know this. Quarterbacks grow on trees! Elway retires and poof, we replace him with the future HOFer Brian Griese. Just like that. Dan Marino retires and they replace him with a bunch of HOF QBs! Big time players man.

Look at how easy teams like Washington, Minnesota, and Chicago have stabilized their QB situations in the past 5 years! We could have a Rex Grossman come in and lead this team to a Super Bowl! LET'S DO THIS! Cutler needs to be traded to the Raiders for a 7th round pick now, well actually screw that. Cutler is such a cancer he should just be cut. Terrible QB who throws an interception every time he drops back to pass the ball. Get rid of the cancer now!!!!!!!!!!!!