PDA

View Full Version : Broncos must be concerned with depth at quarterback

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Christopher W. in Nebraska:

Q: With the NFL's scouting combine coming up, do you have any sense of what the Broncos want to do at quarterback other than Tim Tebow?

A: Christopher, the Broncos' plan all along has been to add a prospect and a veteran at the position to go with Tebow.

rest - good article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19931004

weazel
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Im not concerned... Tebow is pretty deep

BroncoJoe
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Duh. They have Tebow (which I'm and I believe they are OK with) and a practice squad guy under contract. Of course they're concerned and know they need depth.

wayninja
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Clearly we should use our first 4 or 5 draft picks on QB's. The only average about 1.5 years around here, so let's stock up now.

weazel
02-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Clearly we should use our first 4 or 5 draft picks on QB's. The only average about 1.5 years around here, so let's stock up now.

nice to see your letting you inner Shanny out

SOCALORADO.
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Jeez, guys. Many of us have been saying that they will add a QB in the draft, and a vet in FA. This is really a no brainer, and no big deal.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2012, 05:27 PM
The article uses the reason why they need depth, in regards to how Chicago fell apart after Cutler's injury. I thought the article was very good, and got the point across.

SOCALORADO.
02-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Leave you guys with something to argue about all weekend.
FA
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZJIII74zuT8/TSECmcZKU3I/AAAAAAAAHNk/-b4J0Tr_0r8/s1600/mark-brunell.jpg
OR!
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/750883/jake_delhomme.jpg

And then in the draft...
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brock+Osweiler+Missouri+v+Arizona+State+r8OFKNWJuB nl.jpg
OR!
http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/mock-draft/files/2011/05/Nick-Foles.jpg

Lancane
02-10-2012, 05:56 PM

Unless they're the size of JaMarcus Russell that would be a waste of four out of those five picks!

RebelRocker
02-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Leave you guys with something to argue about all weekend.
FA
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZJIII74zuT8/TSECmcZKU3I/AAAAAAAAHNk/-b4J0Tr_0r8/s1600/mark-brunell.jpg
OR!
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/750883/jake_delhomme.jpg

And then in the draft...
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brock+Osweiler+Missouri+v+Arizona+State+r8OFKNWJuB nl.jpg
OR!
http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/mock-draft/files/2011/05/Nick-Foles.jpg

I can get on board with that. :salute:

topscribe
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't want a "mentor," and I don't want a designated backup. I want a
guy who can get out there, complete passes, and win games. I hope that
is what EFX wants, too . . .

-----

dogfish
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
they better be concerned with their lack of young talent at cornerback, and who the **** besides carter can hold down a safety spot if dawk's not coming back. . . oh yea, and who's going to play nosetackle if they don't re-sign bunk, and whether we have a middle linebacker, and who's gonna carry the ball besides willis. . . we have no starting fullback or TE currently under contract. . . no WR depth under contract behind DT and decker. . .

but yes, depth at quarterback is obviously a need also. . .

oh yea, and O-line also. . .

dogfish
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM

-----

ho, topper. . .

you'll get what john elway wants, and like it. . . . :D

:defense::defense:

BORDERLINE
02-10-2012, 10:58 PM

-----

But top, we have a guy that can somewhat throw but he still wins games!!!!

in the voice of Russell Crowe in The Gladiator *Are You Not Entertained!!!!!*

MOtorboat
02-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Man, I hope next year's quarterback can look remotely like an NFL quarterback...

It would be teh awesome.

SiouxperBronco
02-11-2012, 02:42 AM
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/sicangucop/packersmattflynn.jpg I wonder how much he would want to play for us ?

dogfish
02-11-2012, 04:07 AM
and i wonder how badly john elway wants to pay him ten-plus million a year. . .

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/461/2wclkpk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/2wclkpk.png/)

probably not badly enough. . .

unless we're ready to reserve last year's spending patterns, flynn won't even be on our radar. . .

TXBRONC
02-11-2012, 08:38 AM
I can get on board with that. :salute:

Same here.

TXBRONC
02-11-2012, 08:41 AM
and i wonder how badly john elway wants to pay him ten-plus million a year. . .

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/461/2wclkpk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/2wclkpk.png/)

probably not badly enough. . .

unless we're ready to reserve last year's spending patterns, flynn won't even be on our radar. . .

I can't see them pursuing Errol Flynn either.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 08:52 AM
But top, we have a guy that can somewhat throw but he still wins games!!!!

in the voice of Russell Crowe in The Gladiator *Are You Not Entertained!!!!!*

Like, for instance, the last five games the Broncos played? Have we
forgotten that another starting QB was shipped out because of a 1-4
record? Have we never realized that it was the DEFENSE that kept the
game close so the present QB could play his five minutes in each game?

But that's not the point: Elway said that if a QB didn't think he could
compete for the starting job, then Elway didn't want him. So some of you
seemingly want a QB to come in for the sole purpose of backing up one
who hasn't proven he can command the game from the pocket? What is so
bad about bringing in a guy who can COMPETE? Do you REALLY want a
sandbagger who is good for nothing but sitting on the bench as a glorified
"mentor"? In that case, give Quinn a new contract.

But then, I don't think the Broncos have a chance at keeping Quinn. Quinn
believes he can COMPETE, and it doesn't look as if the Broncos are willing
to give him that chance. So he's gone . . .

-----

TXBRONC
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Well at least he can say he say he's actually started a playoff game and been on the winning end of the score.

wayninja
02-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Like, for instance, the last five games the Broncos played? Have we
forgotten that another starting QB was shipped out because of a 1-4
record? Have we never realized that it was the DEFENSE that kept the
game close so the present QB could play his five minutes in each game?

If you think 1-4 was the only reason Orton was shipped, you are seriously delusional.

Also, the last 5 games the broncos played includes a fantastic win against the number 1 ranked defense in a postseason win.

The difference between the present QB and the past was in what you wrote. The present one can win close games. The past one, not so much.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM
If you think 1-4 was the only reason Orton was shipped, you are seriously delusional.

Also, the last 5 games the broncos played includes a fantastic win against the number 1 ranked defense in a postseason win.

The difference between the present QB and the past was in what you wrote. The present one can win close games. The past one, not so much.

That's just like you to try to turn this into an Orton/Tebow debate and
ignore my point, even though I prefaced my point with, "My point is . . . "
But that's no surprise to me. I expected it when I saw that you had
posted in this thread, even before I read your post. :lol:

Once again *sigh*, my point is, I believe the Broncos should bring in a QB
who can compete for the starting job, not just to backup Tebow, and
Elway seems to feel the same way. That is my point.

Read the preceding paragraph once again, and as many times as it takes
to understand what my point is. Because that is all I'm going to discuss
here. I am not going to allow you to highjack the thread and make a big
issue out of a side comment that I made.

That is all.

-----

wayninja
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
That's just like you to try to turn this into an Orton/Tebow debate and
ignore my point, even though I prefaced my point with, "My point is . . . "
But that's no surprise to me. I expected it when I saw that you had
posted in this thread, even before I read your post. :lol:

Once again *sigh*, my point is, I believe the Broncos should bring in a QB
who can compete for the starting job, not just to backup Tebow, and
Elway seems to feel the same way. That is my point.

Read the preceding paragraph once again, and as many times as it takes
to understand what my point is. Because that is all I'm going to discuss
here. I am not going to allow you to highjack the thread and make a big
issue out of a side comment that I made.

That is all.

-----

If you don't want to talk about stuff, then don't bring it up? "That's beside the point" doesn't give you a free pass to spout nonsense.

Good for you for predicting though. I predicted you would post some silly nonsense before I saw you post in this thread.

I'm not responding to your point about bringing in a QB to compete because it doesn't need responding. Why would you bring in an uncompetitive QB? Your point is obvious and banal.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
If you don't want to talk about stuff, then don't bring it up? "That's beside the point" doesn't give you a free pass to spout nonsense.

Good for you for predicting though. I predicted you would post some silly nonsense before I saw you post in this thread.

I'm not responding to your point about bringing in a QB to compete because it doesn't need responding. Why would you bring in an uncompetitive QB? Your point is obvious and banal.

I'll let you talk about "stuff," if that's what you want to do. Knock yourself
out. I'll talk about the point I made. That's why I made the point. So, carry
on. Talk about your "stuff." Don't let me stop you.

I, however, choose not to start talking about "stuff." Have a nice day. :coffee:

P.S. I could care less about your opinion. Trust me, you were absolutely
the last person I had in mind when I made my point.

-----

wayninja
02-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I'll let you talk about "stuff," if that's what you want to do. Knock yourself
out. I'll talk about the point I made. That's why I made the point. So, carry
on. Talk about your "stuff." Don't let me stop you.

You can't stop me. But thanks for you permission, I was living in fear of my opinion until you graciously granted it. I do enjoy the hypocrisy of claiming that you are staying on topic while admitting adding tangents. I should ignore the tangents because they are off topic, but you are cool in having made them in the first place. Good stuff.

I, however, choose not to start talking about "stuff." Have a nice day. :coffee:

P.S. I could care less about your opinion. Trust me, you were absolutely
the last person I had in mind when I made my point.

-----

My feelings are hurt. Almost to the point that can't laugh about how you are responding to me that you don't care and are not going to respond. Almost.

wayninja
02-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Just a note to the mods to assure you that I have posted my last remark
in this particlular pissing contest. I will delete this post in a few minutes.

-----

Um... what? Maybe the PM feature would be better? Or the report post button? I don't think you actually need to post something that you say you are going to delete to alert the mods that... I'm not sure exactly what?

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Hot DAMN!!!

WE GETTING WORKED UP IN HERE!!!

Once they start adding/subtracting to the roster we can really show our FANGS. Till then let's all take a CHILL PILL.

But to respond to you TOP, yeah those last three games where BRUTAL to watch. The Buffalo debacle was real bad. Then against the Chiefs he played un-inspired. But to me all that was forgotten (forgiven) the moment he chucked the pig-skin for 300+ yard and gave us a post season victory after just months earlier we where in competition to get LUCK. Even though I believe anything close to that 8-8 record was good enough for me to make EFX let him go into the next season as a starter. I believe By Tebow winning all those games he beat out his competition by not allowing Denver to select one of those 1st round QB's people wanted.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Hot DAMN!!!

WE GETTING WORKED UP IN HERE!!!

Once they start adding/subtracting to the roster we can really show our FANGS. Till then let's all take a CHILL PILL.

But to respond to you TOP, yeah those last three games where BRUTAL to watch. The Buffalo debacle was real bad. Then against the Chiefs he played un-inspired. But to me all that was forgotten (forgiven) the moment he chucked the pig-skin for 300+ yard and gave us a post season victory after just months earlier we where in competition to get LUCK. Even though I believe anything close to that 8-8 record was good enough for me to make EFX let him go into the next season as a starter. I believe By Tebow winning all those games he beat out his competition by not allowing Denver to select one of those 1st round QB's people wanted.

The problems is, Tebow did not win "all those" games. The defense had
more to do with that than Tebow, IMO. The only reason Tebow was able
to win those games, having scored as much as 20 points in only four of
his 13 games, was because the defense did not allow the other team to
score.

Sorry, but I give Tebow credit only partly for those wins. In fact, had the
Broncos last year's last-place defense, we might have been giving Tebow
"credit" for a bunch of losses . . .

-----

wayninja
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
score.

-----

And just think. If the Mayans are right, we won't finish the next season!

But seriously, it's fun to play make believe and all, but all teams win because offenses score more than they allow the other team to score. That's not really a big revelation, top.

Our offense wasn't super explosive, everyone knows that. No team that runs as often as we did is really going to put up GB type numbers. Again, the big turnaround in our team wasn't so much our defense (although they get a lot of credit for keeping games close), but our offense was able to deliver the knockout or sweep in and steal close games. Something we've rarely done before this season and last season vs Houston. At least for me, that's what I like most about Tebow. The fact that if it's close, but we are behind, we are not out of it.

You can question the production all you want, but just understand that the only way it doesn't work out for us is if you play what if.

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 03:37 PM
score.

-----

yes TOP I understand that the defense played AMAZING during that nice 6 game winning streak. My counter argument would be Tebow took care of the ball during that stretch. He didn't get picked off or fumbled the ball much either. Again the defense deserves a large amount of credit but let's not ignore the QB. Plus when we LOST the anti Tebow crowd blames him and the defense is let off the hook. That I will never understand

Had the Broncos been lead by Orton or Quinn who's to say they don't turn it over in the most crucial times of the game. We can look at week one where Orton dropped the ball (literally). after the Raiders with all their penalties where giving us the game and HE (Orton) could not close the deal. Same thing in Tenn where we have the ball inside the 5 and cannot get the ball in the endzone. I'm almost positive Tebow get's that TD.

The defense was the same defense that was on the field those first 5 games where we went 1-4 TOP. Ask them what changed when Tebow came in because in all honesty the defense responded to Tim Tebow at QB. With Tebow at QB and being down by 4 with 3 minutes left. I believe we can win. I never felt that way about Orton. I'm sure there are plenty of QB's that look the part can throw a ball perfectly but really ain't sh**.

Charlie Whitehurst
Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Clausen
Davis Carr
Joey Harrington
Derek Anderson
Trent Edwards

These guys are prototypical QB's that will never sniff Tebow's jock strap. I rather WIN over having my QB look good in a poster.

dogfish
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
dumb argument is dumb. . .

topscribe
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
yes TOP I understand that the defense played AMAZING during that nice 6 game winning streak. My counter argument would be Tebow took care of the ball during that stretch. He didn't get picked off or fumbled the ball much either. Again the defense deserves a large amount of credit but let's not ignore the QB. Plus when we LOST the anti Tebow crowd blames him and the defense is let off the hook. That I will never understand

Had the Broncos been lead by Orton or Quinn who's to say they don't turn it over in the most crucial times of the game. We can look at week one where Orton dropped the ball (literally). after the Raiders with all their penalties where giving us the game and HE (Orton) could not close the deal. Same thing in Tenn where we have the ball inside the 5 and cannot get the ball in the endzone. I'm almost positive Tebow get's that TD.

The defense was the same defense that was on the field those first 5 games where we went 1-4 TOP. Ask them what changed when Tebow came in because in all honesty the defense responded to Tim Tebow at QB. With Tebow at QB and being down by 4 with 3 minutes left. I believe we can win. I never felt that way about Orton. I'm sure there are plenty of QB's that look the part can throw a ball perfectly but really ain't sh**.

Charlie Whitehurst
Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Clausen
Davis Carr
Joey Harrington
Derek Anderson
Trent Edwards

These guys are prototypical QB's that will never sniff Tebow's jock strap. I rather WIN over having my QB look good in a poster.

It has been amazing to me the great big deal people have made of the one
time in his life that Orton dropped the ball like he did. Even Cutler didn't
undergo that kind of criticism when he dropped the ball in much the same
way, which should have ended in a SD win, but for dumb luck.

We can go back to the 11 game stretch in 2010, when a healthy Orton
took care of the ball as he did: 20 TDs vs. 6 INTs -- that's when he
averaged 306 yards a game on his way to a 106.0 QBR. How much good
did that do him with a last-place defense?

Now, it is true that Tebow had better success than Orton in the fourth
quarter when they needed a FG or TD for the win. I'm not debating that.
If Orton ever hopes to become a top QB, he is going to have to learn to
close the deal. But, of course, this isn't about Orton.

What I am pointing out is, how successful is Tebow going to be, now that
opposing defenses apparently have figured him out? It is true that, with
the help of Demaryius Thomas, Tebow passed the Steelers dizzy during
those last five games. But in the other four, the passing game was pathetic.

So which Tebow is going to step up? Well, I hope it is the one who played
against the Steelers. However, in only four out of his 13 games did he
pass for as many as 200 yards, while the defense played out of their minds.

Therefore, I personally am just not comfortable with finding a "backup" for
Tebow. If it is at all possible, I would like to see them recruit/draft a QB
who projects to be a starter and create a competition -- and let the best
man win.

-----

Canmore
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
...Therefore, I personally am just not comfortable with finding a "backup" for Tebow. If it is at all possible, I would like to see them recruit/draft a QB who projects to be a starter and create a competition -- and let the best man win.

-----

Finding a starter capable quarterback is not going to be easy. The list of available free agents that I have seen is pretty poor. Are we going to invest a first round draft pick on a quarterback just to create a viable competition? We have so many holes. I see us taking a quarterback in the mid rounds and picking up a veteran but I don't know that you are going to find anyone to really challenge Tebow.

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
It has been amazing to me the great big deal people have made of the one
time in his life that Orton dropped the ball like he did. Even Cutler didn't
undergo that kind of criticism when he dropped the ball in much the same
way, which should have ended in a SD win, but for dumb luck.

We can go back to the 11 game stretch in 2010, when a healthy Orton
took care of the ball as he did: 20 TDs vs. 6 INTs -- that's when he
averaged 306 yards a game on his way to a 106.0 QBR. How much good
did that do him with a last-place defense?

Now, it is true that Tebow had better success than Orton in the fourth
quarter when they needed a FG or TD for the win. I'm not debating that.
If Orton ever hopes to become a top QB, he is going to have to learn to
close the deal. But, of course, this isn't about Orton.

What I am pointing out is, how successful is Tebow going to be, now that
opposing defenses apparently have figured him out? It is true that, with
the help of Demaryius Thomas, Tebow passed the Steelers dizzy during
those last five games. But in the other four, the passing game was pathetic.

So which Tebow is going to step up? Well, I hope it is the one who played
against the Steelers. However, in only four out of his 13 games did he
pass for as many as 200 yards, while the defense played out of their minds.

Therefore, I personally am just not comfortable with finding a "backup" for
Tebow. If it is at all possible, I would like to see them recruit/draft a QB
who projects to be a starter and create a competition -- and let the best
man win.

-----

It was a big deal TOP. We can overlook and shake our heads when it Cutler did almost the same thing but we did end up with a W so we can't feel as bad about it.

And as far as the defenses "figuring out" Tebow. I don't believe that. The Pats played very well against us. The Lions did as well. The Bills did too. But what about the Bears, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Raiders, Vikings. The games we LOST where not all on Tebow. You make it seem like they where. When they WIN it's because the opposing defense stacked the box, our defense played amazing, D.T's Y.A.C won the game, Praters Leg was the reason. Everything under the sun except the Q.B was responsible for the victory.

I'll ask you this question.

Broncos draft/pick up a FA QB in the offseason. He is the prototypical passer you want behind center.

Q.B X beats out Tebow for the starting job in training camp. He ends the season around the middle of the pack as Q.B's are concerned numbers wise. Finishes the season 9-7 and we sneak into the playoffs because let's say the Titans lost a Win and Your in Game. Q.B X has a decent game in the wild-card round but we still lose the game. Would YOU classify that season as a SUCCESS? And if you do..WHY?

topscribe
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Finding a starter capable quarterback is not going to be easy. The list of available free agents that I have seen is pretty poor. Are we going to invest a first round draft pick on a quarterback just to create a viable competition? We have so many holes. I see us taking a quarterback in the mid rounds and picking up a veteran but I don't know that you are going to find anyone to really challenge Tebow.

I understand. That is precisely why I added "if at all possible."

It was a big deal TOP. We can overlook and shake our heads when it Cutler did almost the same thing but we did end up with a W so we can't feel as bad about it.

And as far as the defenses "figuring out" Tebow. I don't believe that. The Pats played very well against us. The Lions did as well. The Bills did too. But what about the Bears, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Raiders, Vikings. The games we LOST where not all on Tebow. You make it seem like they where. When they WIN it's because the opposing defense stacked the box, our defense played amazing, D.T's Y.A.C won the game, Praters Leg was the reason. Everything under the sun except the Q.B was responsible for the victory.

I'll ask you this question.

Broncos draft/pick up a FA QB in the offseason. He is the prototypical passer you want behind center.

Q.B X beats out Tebow for the starting job in training camp. He ends the season around the middle of the pack as Q.B's are concerned numbers wise. Finishes the season 9-7 and we sneak into the playoffs because let's say the Titans lost a Win and Your in Game. Q.B X has a decent game in the wild-card round but we still lose the game. Would YOU classify that season as a SUCCESS? And if you do..WHY?

Since you're playing "what-if," put Tebow in there now, with the same results.
Would it be a success now? It seems we kind of did that in 2011, didn't we?
Who was the QB then?

The fact is, if another QB beats out Tebow, then all that means to me is
that they have a better QB there. :whoknows:

-----

wayninja
02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Who was the QB then?

-----

This is the definition of bizarre. I will summarize this as; the results are meaningless as long as Tebow isn't our QB.

And yes, considering 2010 and how we started 2011, this season was a success. Not sure how you can see it any other way. Huge rebound for a very young team.

Lancane
02-11-2012, 07:15 PM
This is the definition of bizarre. I will summarize this as; the results are meaningless as long as Tebow isn't our QB.

And yes, considering 2010 and how we started 2011, this season was a success. Not sure how you can see it any other way. Huge rebound for a very young team.

That's a two way street, I would say it was successful in terms of wins-losses to what most believed would be the record, the same for defense and special teams as units, but was not successful in terms of improving the offense. We used a 'dumbed-down' offense that won due more to the gimmicky nature of it compared to successful pro-style offensive systems and due to Tebow's asset's in such a system. Do you believe we'd have been 8-8 had we retained the Erhardt-Perkins or Air-Coryell?

wayninja
02-11-2012, 07:27 PM
That's a two way street, I would say it was successful in terms of wins-losses to what most believed would be the record, the same for defense and special teams as units, but was not successful in terms of improving the offense. We used a 'dumbed-down' offense that won due more to the gimmicky nature of it compared to successful pro-style offensive systems and due to Tebow's asset's in such a system. Do you believe we'd have been 8-8 had we retained the Erhardt-Perkins or Air-Coryell?

I'm not sure I care what system is used. I judge in terms of w's. That what teams are measured by.

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I understand. That is precisely why I added "if at all possible."

Who was the QB then?

-----

you didn't answer my question TOP.

If Tebow had the same results next year I would consider it a success. Because if defenses have Tebow 'Figured OUT' and he is still able to get us a playoff WIN. I'm sure our FO could reinforce our defense all while Tebow improves.

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure I care what system is used. I judge in terms of w's. That what teams are measured by.

You HIT the nail on the head with that one.

Everybody wants to WIN..Just in a different WAY.

You and I don't seem to CARE as long as we WIN

topscribe
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
you didn't answer my question TOP.

If Tebow had the same results next year I would consider it a success. Because if defenses have Tebow 'Figured OUT' and he is still able to get us a playoff WIN. I'm sure our FO could reinforce our defense all while Tebow improves.

I'm not sure what your point is. Mine is that I would like to see the
Broncos get a QB who will compete for the starting job, then the better
one take it. I'm not sure how whatever you're trying to say fits into that.

-----

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure what your point is. Mine is that I would like to see the
Broncos get a QB who will compete for the starting job, then the better
one take it. I'm not sure how whatever you're trying to say fits into that.

-----

It's cool I have a hard time getting that answer from the "Bring in another QB to compete with Tebow crowd" Clay was the only one to answer it. So it's cool.

But to respond to your comment about the broncos getting a QB to compete and the better man wins comment. How did that work out for us this last year? Did the FO make the right decision going into the start of the season. And if they did what did you see out of those first 5 games to justify that decision.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
It's cool I have a hard time getting that answer from the "Bring in another QB to compete with Tebow crowd" Clay was the only one to answer it. So it's cool.

But to respond to your comment about the broncos getting a QB to compete and the better man wins comment. How did that work out for us this last year? Did the FO make the right decision going into the start of the season. And if they did what did you see out of those first 5 games to justify that decision.

Poor logic. The better QB gives the team a better chance at winning games.
If you want to stay status quo, that is up to you. But that is not how to
establish a winning tradition. You try to get better at each position. And if
you don't have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers -- where you can't get better --
then QB is not immune to that. If the team is going to bring in another QB,
they bring in the best they can find. And then that QB competes for the
starting job. As Elway said, if he doesn't think he can compete for the job,
then I don't want him.

I really don't know how you can possibly argue with that . . .

-----

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Poor logic. The better QB gives the team a better chance at winning games.
If you want to stay status quo, that is up to you. But that is not how to
establish a winning tradition. You try to get better at each position. And if
you don't have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers -- where you can't get better --
then QB is not immune to that. If the team is going to bring in another QB,
they bring in the best they can find. And then that QB competes for the
starting job. As Elway said, if he doesn't think he can compete for the job,
then I don't want him.

I really don't know how you can possibly argue with that . . .

-----

i'm not arguing that. Yeah I know we need a back-up QB. But you believe Tebow needs someone to compete against. I feel he earned his place as the starter.

Do you think the Ravens/Falcons are drafting/looking for FA QB to compete with what they have? Matt Ryan has not WON a playoff game do you see the Falcons FO trying to replace him or bring in competition to what push him to win a playoff game? And you bringing up Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers come on. Those guys don't come around that often OK. And let me remind you Rodgers did have a 6-10 season after that team went to the NFCCG the year previous, and then the following year had a quick exit in the playoffs.

Tebow would have NEVER survive a 6-10 season in DENVER.

topscribe
02-11-2012, 09:07 PM
i'm not arguing that. Yeah I know we need a back-up QB. But you believe Tebow needs someone to compete against. I feel he earned his place as the starter.

Do you think the Ravens/Falcons are drafting/looking for FA QB to compete with what they have? Matt Ryan has not WON a playoff game do you see the Falcons FO trying to replace him or bring in competition to what push him to win a playoff game? And you bringing up Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers come on. Those guys don't come around that often OK. And let me remind you Rodgers did have a 6-10 season after that team went to the NFCCG the year previous, and then the following year had a quick exit in the playoffs.

Fine. You know what Elway said. I know what Elway said. I agree with Elway.

That is all.

-----

BORDERLINE
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Fine. You know what Elway said. I know what Elway said. I agree with Elway.

That is all.

-----

OK TOP:salute:

randyschwimmer7
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Grab Russell Wilson in the fourth and let him be a viable back up to TT

HammeredOut
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
We should bring in Jeff Garcia??? lol

topscribe
02-12-2012, 12:01 AM
OK TOP:salute:

Always gotta salute a salute. :D

-----

RebelRocker
02-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Borderline, I have to respectfully disagree. Anybody who thinks Tebow has permanently cemented the starting job like you're assuming is delusional. Elway has said it himself that there will be competition AND he's not going to bring in guys to be "back ups". He said if a guy isn't comfortable competing with Tebow, then he won't be signed.

That means that whoever we bring in WILL be confident enough to compete and possibly beat out Tebow for the starting job.

Yes, Tebow was the QB of record for the win streak and the postseason run, but who's to say if we had another QB outside of Orton that we couldn't have done just as good or better with that guy? The lack of credit the defense and SPECIAL TEAMS has gotten this past season is just appalling.

I'm about the TEAM and so is EFX. People were running around like chickens with their heads cut off last year saying that we needed to get Dareus with our first pick in the draft because he "fits a need". EFX decided to take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and look at what happened. Miller was DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and probably one of the main reasons why we won the division this year.

I'm not saying get a QB in the 1st this year, but if a QB is the BPA when we pick, EFX better consider the damn guy or try to trade out of that pick. The teams winning super bowls are teams that draft TALENT. Teams that reach for a need usually don't fare well. You draft the BPA and whatever weaknesses are left you supplement through FA and try to find some gems late in the draft/UDFAs to potentially fill those needs.

Canmore
02-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Borderline, I have to respectfully disagree. Anybody who thinks Tebow has permanently cemented the starting job like you're assuming is delusional. Elway has said it himself that there will be competition AND he's not going to bring in guys to be "back ups". He said if a guy isn't comfortable competing with Tebow, then he won't be signed.

That means that whoever we bring in WILL be confident enough to compete and possibly beat out Tebow for the starting job.

Yes, Tebow was the QB of record for the win streak and the postseason run, but who's to say if we had another QB outside of Orton that we couldn't have done just as good or better with that guy? The lack of credit the defense and SPECIAL TEAMS has gotten this past season is just appalling.

I'm about the TEAM and so is EFX. People were running around like chickens with their heads cut off last year saying that we needed to get Dareus with our first pick in the draft because he "fits a need". EFX decided to take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and look at what happened. Miller was DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and probably one of the main reasons why we won the division this year.

I'm not saying get a QB in the 1st this year, but if a QB is the BPA when we pick, EFX better consider the damn guy or try to trade out of that pick. The teams winning super bowls are teams that draft TALENT. Teams that reach for a need usually don't fare well. You draft the BPA and whatever weaknesses are left you supplement through FA and try to find some gems late in the draft/UDFAs to potentially fill those needs.

The list of free agent veteran quarterbacks I've seen posted is pretty bleak. Don't remember anyone of note that I thought would be a good choice. It would be nice to bring in some competition but ...

BORDERLINE
02-12-2012, 02:09 AM

Call me delusional if I believe that a 2nd year QB who inherited a 1-4 team. And Ended the year in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs is at least Guaranteed the starting job the following year.

Yes, I am well aware of what Elway said and as a childhood hero of mine and Bronco legend I respect it. It doesn't mean that I agree. Elway along with Fox also said that Orton gave the Broncos the best chance to WIN...and how did that turn out?

Teebs will need a back-up if Quinn is not retained so agree with adding to the QB position. I just believe we need to focus more on other POSITIONS first and foremost.

The anti-Tebow crowd for the most part made sure that EVERYONE knew why the Broncos where on a HOT winning streak. SO even though they where not on the front of the paper the Denver D was very much talked about during that stretch. And can you really name a back-up QB that could have taken the Broncos on that amazing run this past year. I have a hard time seeing Quinn do that partly because HE NEVER has done IT. Or Weber the rookie QB who was supposedly in front of Tebow during Training Camp? Could you see him passing like crazy on the Steelers Defense in the Playoffs?

If your about "team" than look no further than TIM TEBOW. The guy had two completions in a WIN against the Chiefs this past year!! What Q.B would be OK with that? Guys rally around him and believe in him. There level of play just rises. I can't explain it during the whole winning streak all these "analyst" couldn't do it either.

The crowd that's asking for a competition for the most part are EXPECTING tebow to fail. Like my homie Ninja said "Let's Cross that Bridge When We Get There". Truer words where never spoken.

And about wanting Dareus. I was one of those people. I have eaten crow so much and i'm ashamed are YOU HAPPY!!!LOL. This team has many missing pieces but let's not kid ourselves if put together right, this team can be something special again for years to come!!!

RebelRocker
02-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Call me delusional if I believe that a 2nd year QB who inherited a 1-4 team. And Ended the year in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs is at least Guaranteed the starting job the following year.

Yes, I am well aware of what Elway said and as a childhood hero of mine and Bronco legend I respect it. It doesn't mean that I agree. Elway along with Fox also said that Orton gave the Broncos the best chance to WIN...and how did that turn out?

Teebs will need a back-up if Quinn is not retained so agree with adding to the QB position. I just believe we need to focus more on other POSITIONS first and foremost.

The anti-Tebow crowd for the most part made sure that EVERYONE knew why the Broncos where on a HOT winning streak. SO even though they where not on the front of the paper the Denver D was very much talked about during that stretch. And can you really name a back-up QB that could have taken the Broncos on that amazing run this past year. I have a hard time seeing Quinn do that partly because HE NEVER has done IT. Or Weber the rookie QB who was supposedly in front of Tebow during Training Camp? Could you see him passing like crazy on the Steelers Defense in the Playoffs?

If your about "team" than look no further than TIM TEBOW. The guy had two completions in a WIN against the Chiefs this past year!! What Q.B would be OK with that? Guys rally around him and believe in him. There level of play just rises. I can't explain it during the whole winning streak all these "analyst" couldn't do it either.

The crowd that's asking for a competition for the most part are EXPECTING tebow to fail. Like my homie Ninja said "Let's Cross that Bridge When We Get There". Truer words where never spoken.

And about wanting Dareus. I was one of those people. I have eaten crow so much and i'm ashamed are YOU HAPPY!!!LOL. This team has many missing pieces but let's not kid ourselves if put together right, this team can be something special again for years to come!!!

You failed to mention that Tebow finished the season 1-4, so your "1-4 with Orton" argument is irrelevant. You also failed in giving anybody else, BUT Tebow credit for our success this season.

So you're saying if I'm about the "team", then I need to blindly support a guy who we had to adjust our offense to because he can't read defenses well and complete half of his passes? Tebow's ability as a runner saved him more than anything else. That's not a dis, that's the truth!

Nobody said we're "expecting" Tebow to fail. Why should he be handed the keys to this franchise when he clearly hasn't shown anything as a consistent passer and have no proven depth behind him in case of emergency? Last I checked, teams that pass the ball consistently and EFFECTIVELY are the teams that are winning super bowls. You're saying that we should add some old fart to "mentor" him for a year or two? How well did that work out for the Jets and Sanchez/Brunell? Sanchez hasn't shown a whole lot of progress.

I will say this, if we can make our defense a stout, elite group and Tebow becomes a more consistent passer, I'm on board with that. You're talking to a guy that was on the Tebow bandwagon before we even drafted him, but he needs to prove himself on a consistent basis and I'll be damned if OUR beloved Broncos are stuck with him as our starter because some phoney, dipshit fans can't handle Tebow not playing. I want what's best for this team.... Period.

RebelRocker
02-12-2012, 02:48 AM
The list of free agent veteran quarterbacks I've seen posted is pretty bleak. Don't remember anyone of note that I thought would be a good choice. It would be nice to bring in some competition but ...

Which is exactly why I can't see EFX passing on a QB this year in the draft.

You can't tell me that a Tebow/Stanton/Weber or Tebow/Dixon/Weber depth chart is all that appealing.

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Lol people do forget elway has been wrong on the qb position already, he did say orton gave us the best CHANCE to wn week after week when it was clearly tebow regardless of how the season ended. Tebow has earned the job. If he does what he will do imo then nobody will take his job regardlessof who it is. The next qb wouldhave to win early and often or get bood afterevery incompletion and loss.. Elway shoud focus on the rest of the team getting better not unseating starters, draft a late round developemental znd go with tebow all theway.

BORDERLINE
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
You failed to mention that Tebow finished the season 1-4, so your "1-4 with Orton" argument is irrelevant. You also failed in giving anybody else, BUT Tebow credit for our success this season.

So you're saying if I'm about the "team", then I need to blindly support a guy who we had to adjust our offense to because he can't read defenses well and complete half of his passes? Tebow's ability as a runner saved him more than anything else. That's not a dis, that's the truth!

Nobody said we're "expecting" Tebow to fail. Why should he be handed the keys to this franchise when he clearly hasn't shown anything as a consistent passer and have no proven depth behind him in case of emergency? Last I checked, teams that pass the ball consistently and EFFECTIVELY are the teams that are winning super bowls. You're saying that we should add some old fart to "mentor" him for a year or two? How well did that work out for the Jets and Sanchez/Brunell? Sanchez hasn't shown a whole lot of progress.

I will say this, if we can make our defense a stout, elite group and Tebow becomes a more consistent passer, I'm on board with that. You're talking to a guy that was on the Tebow bandwagon before we even drafted him, but he needs to prove himself on a consistent basis and I'll be damned if OUR beloved Broncos are stuck with him as our starter because some phoney, dipshit fans can't handle Tebow not playing. I want what's best for this team.... Period.

So you completely dismiss all the games the Broncos WON with Tebow under center just because he finished the season 1-4? Mind you that "THE ONE WIN" was in the playoffs but OK. What did you see of Orton that would make you believe he was gonna turn the season around? I'm sorry your counter-argument is irrelevant because there are no facts to back it up. The Broncos with Tebow under center did turn it around. They got in the playoffs for the games that they WON, not LOST

I know the DEFENSE was a big part of the success that was had. I never said they didn't. I pointed out that the DEFENSE was talked about by the "analyst" and fans like you who just want to see a different QB under center plain and simple.

I know it sucks to "adjust" an offense so we can WIN. We had a perfectly good OFFENSE and a Prototypical QB in Orton that was lighting up the scoreboard in the NFL. How many WINS did that kind of thinking get us?? ummm i'll let you figure that out on your own. And like I have been saying in this thread, I know we need a back-up if Quinn is not retained. EFX should have a capable QB to back up Tebow. Whoever they deem to be capable i'm sure will get the NOD. I never said for them to add an old fart, please don't make up stuff. But what I don't believe is necessary is to have another QB circus going into Training Camp. I ask you again, HOW DID THAT TURN OUT LAST TIME?? WAS THE RIGHT DECISION MADE?

And again here we go with the SUPER BOWL talk. The "teams need to be able to pass to win super bowls talk". DO you remember early October when this team was in the THICK of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes? As soon as Tebow was inserted it turned into. "He can't win consistently". Then "He can't WIN in the playoffs". UP to " well he will never win a super bowl playing that way". Oh please save your breath with that talk. Tebow needs to improve YES, I , WE, Broncos fan know that. Is he a good passer? NO by any means NO. But he does WIN and comes through when the times get HARD. Let's rally around him. Give him better weapons and HELP him improve.

And reading your last handful of lines I believe our opinion isn't all that different on Tebow. What it BOILS down to. Is "you want a competition" I don't. We both want Tebow to succeed but also to have a capable QB in case of emergency. I'll ask it AGAIN. How did that competition work out for us this past year?? was the right choice made? And why?

topscribe
02-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Once again, if at all possible, get a QB to COMPETE for the STARTING job.
The winner will start. The other will be the backup. Both problems solved.

-----

RebelRocker
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
So you completely dismiss all the games the Broncos WON with Tebow under center just because he finished the season 1-4? Mind you that "THE ONE WIN" was in the playoffs but OK. What did you see of Orton that would make you believe he was gonna turn the season around? I'm sorry your counter-argument is irrelevant because there are no facts to back it up. The Broncos with Tebow under center did turn it around. They got in the playoffs for the games that they WON, not LOST

I know the DEFENSE was a big part of the success that was had. I never said they didn't. I pointed out that the DEFENSE was talked about by the "analyst" and fans like you who just want to see a different QB under center plain and simple.

I know it sucks to "adjust" an offense so we can WIN. We had a perfectly good OFFENSE and a Prototypical QB in Orton that was lighting up the scoreboard in the NFL. How many WINS did that kind of thinking get us?? ummm i'll let you figure that out on your own. And like I have been saying in this thread, I know we need a back-up if Quinn is not retained. EFX should have a capable QB to back up Tebow. Whoever they deem to be capable i'm sure will get the NOD. I never said for them to add an old fart, please don't make up stuff. But what I don't believe is necessary is to have another QB circus going into Training Camp. I ask you again, HOW DID THAT TURN OUT LAST TIME?? WAS THE RIGHT DECISION MADE?

And again here we go with the SUPER BOWL talk. The "teams need to be able to pass to win super bowls talk". DO you remember early October when this team was in the THICK of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes? As soon as Tebow was inserted it turned into. "He can't win consistently". Then "He can't WIN in the playoffs". UP to " well he will never win a super bowl playing that way". Oh please save your breath with that talk. Tebow needs to improve YES, I , WE, Broncos fan know that. Is he a good passer? NO by any means NO. But he does WIN and comes through when the times get HARD. Let's rally around him. Give him better weapons and HELP him improve.

And reading your last handful of lines I believe our opinion isn't all that different on Tebow. What it BOILS down to. Is "you want a competition" I don't. We both want Tebow to succeed but also to have a capable QB in case of emergency. I'll ask it AGAIN. How did that competition work out for us this past year?? was the right choice made? And why?

If Jake Plummer can win us 13 games, beat a NE that had YET to lose a playoff game with Brady/Belichick and go to the AFC Championship game and STILL be forced to compete for his job the next year, then I would certainly say Tebow has to compete, as well.
Kind of hard to dismiss 8 of the 9 games we won this year, but it's also pretty hard for me to imagine that some people dismiss the rest of the team during that run and want to give Tebow all of the credit.

So if this team gets off to a 1-4 or 0-5 start next year, who are you going to blame?

You know where I stand. IF he can improve and our defense becomes a stout group, then I'm in. I was skeptical of Tebow, but during the season I put that to the wayside and just wanted us to win because I want what's best for the BRONCOS. The question is, where do you stand in all of this?

IF Tebow got beat out for the starting job, are you going to throw a hissy fit or be a real fan and support whoever's on the field? Judging by your join date and main pic, it certainly looks like you're here for one person and one person only.

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Plummer was a 9yr veteran who had no ceiling.

wayninja
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
This is silly. Barring a trade or injury, Tebow will be the starter next season. EFX are not going to invite the same situation as last season.

BORDERLINE
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
[/B]

If Jake Plummer can win us 13 games, beat a NE that had YET to lose a playoff game with Brady/Belichick and go to the AFC Championship game and STILL be forced to compete for his job the next year, then I would certainly say Tebow has to compete, as well.
Kind of hard to dismiss 8 of the 9 games we won this year, but it's also pretty hard for me to imagine that some people dismiss the rest of the team during that run and want to give Tebow all of the credit.

So if this team gets off to a 1-4 or 0-5 start next year, who are you going to blame?

You know where I stand. IF he can improve and our defense becomes a stout group, then I'm in. I was skeptical of Tebow, but during the season I put that to the wayside and just wanted us to win because I want what's best for the BRONCOS. The question is, where do you stand in all of this?

IF Tebow got beat out for the starting job, are you going to throw a hissy fit or be a real fan and support whoever's on the field? Judging by your join date and main pic, it certainly looks like you're here for one person and one person only.

What does Plummer have to do with this???

If you want my take about the Plummer deal here it is. I liked him personally. We where a very good team with him under center. We won a lot of regular season games with him. My only problem with him was his Passion/Desire. When he would throw a pick or make a bone head play he acted like he didn't give a F***. Come to find out in interviews Plummer said Shanny took the LOVE of the game from him. Making him work TON's of hours and memorize a trillion plays they never used. Could be true, It might NOT. I'm on the fence about that. Shanny needed to inject new LIFE into the Broncos that's why I believe he went and grabbed Cutler. But that's NOT THE POINT of this little chat. Back to what you mentioned.

If the Broncos start off 1-3, 1-4, 2-5 etc. Tebow will not survive in Denver. His leash is super short. And "IF" he FAILS, he FAILS plain and simple. Then as an organization we can be sure of where we are gonna go in the draft or any other notable FA QB's. Who am I gonna blame? NOBODY. Instead I will commend the FO for TRYING to find out if the QB they had could have been a a solid contributor to the franchise for many years. Instead of giving up on him while he was producing.

And i'm sorry I cheer for Broncos players. Am I not suppose to buy anything TEBOW related? Mind you I live in southern california. I bought my son's jersey at WAL*MART and something makes me believe if ORTON was starting there would not have been any merchandise available for me to purchase from the Broncos at the Wal*Mart I patron.

Also if you look close enough behind my son on the wall there is a 3 Broncos posters. Far left is a poster of 5 Broncos players i.e John Elway/Willie Green/Neil Smith/Terrell Davis/Shannon Sharp. In the middle the one i'm sure you'll be able to see is a framed picture of MILE HIGH STADIUM:defense:. The third and certantlly not the least is a picture of a whole crop of Broncos players with the headline SUPER BOWL 33 Champs:salute: and all kind of jungle animals I believe that was the theme for the SB in MIAMI that year. With Tebow here or NO tebow here I will still be a fan buddy.

Sorry to spoil your vision of me being a Floridian Christian Gator loving left handed football fan.

wayninja
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, B-line, I'm the same way. Some folks have a hard time believing that you can be a Tebow fan if you didn't follow him in college (or in my case give a shit about college football whatsoever), aren't a devout christian, or have some sort of pro life agenda.

topscribe
02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Plummer was a 9yr veteran who had no ceiling.

Yes, just another among a string of underappreciated Denver QBs . . .

-----

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I liked plummer... But at the end of the day he didnt have a ceiling and he was around too lomg to be so limited, not to mention didnt he flip the fans off? Lol

topscribe
02-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I liked plummer... But at the end of the day he didnt have a ceiling and he was around too lomg to be so limited, not to mention didnt he flip the fans off? Lol

He flipped one fan off. That has long since been resolved.

And he threw real spirals . . .

-----

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
oh you believed him when he said it was one fan? Lol true and no plummer threw wobblers too exspecially deep.

topscribe
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
oh you believed him when he said it was one fan? Lol true and no plummer threw wobblers too exspecially deep.

No, I know who the fan was. I'm not going to name that fan because
someone might recognize the name, to that fan's embarrassment. But I do
know who that fan was. As I said, it has long since been resolved.

And, while Plummer wasn't a superlative pocket passer, he was exceptional
at it once he got outside the pocket. He had a good, tight throwing motion,
not a javelin throw, such as a more recent QB seems to display . . .

-----

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Im sure plenty qbs can run an offense that onlyrequires u to use one side of the field every play. Plummers play declined when teams took away the bootleg, then plummer quit. Oh well we move on. Im just tired of having quitters at qb.i kno tebow wont,quit

topscribe
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Im sure plenty qbs can run an offense that onlyrequires u to use one side of the field every play. Plummers play declined when teams took away the bootleg, then plummer quit. Oh well we move on. Im just tired of having quitters at qb.i kno tebow wont,quit

I see . . . so you like Plummer

I'd hate to see it if you didn't.

You're right: moving on . . .

-----

RebelRocker
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Don't worry, B-line, I'm the same way. Some folks have a hard time believing that you can be a Tebow fan if you didn't follow him in college (or in my case give a shit about college football whatsoever), aren't a devout christian, or have some sort of pro life agenda.

Well, Wayninja. If you could read one of my previous posts, I clearly stated that I was a Tebow supporter and was happy that we drafted him(even bought his jersey), but that doesn't mean I think everything that he does is great. Haven't we seen that when he has competition, he plays better?

BORDERLINE
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Haven't we seen that when he has competition, he plays better?

how so? please explain?....

wayninja
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Well, Wayninja. If you could read one of my previous posts, I clearly stated that I was a Tebow supporter and was happy that we drafted him(even bought his jersey), but that doesn't mean I think everything that he does is great. Haven't we seen that when he has competition, he plays better?

I wasn't responding to you.

Having said that, I have no problem bringing in other quarterbacks. We need at least 1 other QB and we may as well get the best we can reasonably get.

That still doesn't change the fact that barring injury or trade, Tebow starts. Competition is great, but I just don't see EFX setting themselves up for an embarrassment like the start of last season. If whomever they bring in wins the job and starts poorly... what then? Last season it was excusable because of regime change blah blah, but if it happens again, EFX will flat look like idiots. Better to let Tebow start and have him either succeed and they look good or fail and they can move on.

TXBRONC
02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Lol people do forget elway has been wrong on the qb position already, he did say orton gave us the best CHANCE to wn week after week when it was clearly tebow regardless of how the season ended. Tebow has earned the job. If he does what he will do imo then nobody will take his job regardlessof who it is. The next qb wouldhave to win early and often or get bood afterevery incompletion and loss.. Elway shoud focus on the rest of the team getting better not unseating starters, draft a late round developemental znd go with tebow all theway.

It only takes a little common sense to see that Elway was backing his head coach. To say something contrary to what Fox would have been a super dumb ass move that would only undermine his coach. Elway is not stupid.

Well at this point it doesn't look like Tebow has solidified it. His position as the starter. You're just going have to deal with that fact. What he's done is bought himself some time.

No what Elway needs to do is focus on the team because that's what he was hired to do. Maybe you're not aware of this but even Tebow remains the starting quarterback will still need at least one more quarterback on the roster. So yeah he needs to quarterback as well. Drafting a late round quarterback would be foolish at best and incompetent at worst and I don't think Elway is neither foolish or incompetent.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums