PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige: Broncos face a brutal schedule in 2012

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Ringo Starr had it rationally, if not grammatically, right. It don't come easy.

Based on their opponents' records and accomplishments, the Broncos will have the second-toughest NFL schedule in 2012.

The Giants have the hardest schedule — slightly.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19933552

camdisco24
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Good, at least when we get to the Superbowl we will be battle tested. :D

Shazam!
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Meh. I've heard that every year (including 2011). All NFL teams have a tough schedule. The best luck you can have is playing in a weak division.

BroncoJoe
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Ssdd.

MasterShake
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Meh. I've heard that every year (including 2011). All NFL teams have a tough schedule. The best luck you can have is playing in a weak division.

Same here. Teams that were great this year could fizzle out the next, and a few key injuries can really knock a team down a peg or five. I remember looking at this years schedule and thinking Detroit and Buffalo would be easy and that we would have a tough time against the Jets and Chicago.

I'm starting to think its more about how teams match up against each other than whether they are good or not. The Giants weren't a "Great" team record wise, but they matched up well against their opponents down the stretch.

wayninja
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Just more proof as to why the best strategy is to turtle to get high draft picks and easy schedules!

Softskull
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Yikes, look at our away schedule. Not many softies here.

Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England, Atlanta, Carolina, Oakland, San Diego and Kansas City.

MileHighCrew
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Tebow shines, or Barkley signs....

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Our schedule this past season was considered difficult. Not at the same level because we weren't the division but it was still a difficult schedule. It's a clique but sometimes it's not who you play but when you play them.

A few weeks back Mike Klis said that he thinks there is nine winnable in our schedule.

capt. Jack
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Our schedule this past season was considered difficult. Not at the same level because we weren't the division but it was still a difficult schedule. It's a clique but sometimes it's not who you play but when you play them.

A few weeks back Mike Klis said that he thinks there is nine winnable in our schedule.

This is so true! They could have injurys, etc.,etc., good teams get cold, bad teams get hot? I thought we would have beat the Bills this year? Go figure.

iLands
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
We have the second toughest schedule in the league based on the combined win/loss record of our opponents (Giants' opponents won one more game in aggregate than ours).

I'd be absolutely shocked if 9-7 wasn't enough to win the division.

If only you could win a Super Bowl with that record in the regular season ;)

madmanbryan
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Wasnt tha the giants record?

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Wasnt tha the giants record?

That's why he winked.

We have the second toughest schedule in the league based on the combined win/loss record of our opponents (Giants' opponents won one more game in aggregate than ours).

I'd be absolutely shocked if 9-7 wasn't enough to win the division.

If only you could win a Super Bowl with that record in the regular season ;)

TheReverend
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Every team, every year: Some of the games that seem hard will be ending up much easier than they seemed. Some of the soft balls will end up being some of the tougher games.

Meh.

Ravage!!!
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Every team, every year: Some of the games that seem hard will be ending up much easier than they seemed. Some of the soft balls will end up being some of the tougher games.

Meh.

Exactly. The last two years people thought we had this incredibly hard schedule coming. But a lot of the time a team doesn't necessarily repeat their good season. So tough teams aren't so tough.

BORDERLINE
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
BLAH, hard schedule my a**. Every year is different I bet the JETS/BEARS this year believed we where an easy WIN. Well that didn't happen. Next year new teams will be on the ip and up and some will be on the slippery slope of defeat

Canmore
02-11-2012, 03:02 AM
We definitely have a long road ahead of us next year. The schedules the last couple of years have been arduous. What ever happens, we definitely will be battle tested.

Dapper Dan
02-11-2012, 03:27 AM
At least it will help us with the BCS.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Any team can beat any other team on any Sunday. Parity is at an all time high. How many teams saw SF on their schedule at the beginning of the year and weren't worried? By season's end everything had changed.

Happens every year. Teams that are supposed to be dominant aren't and teams that aren't supposed to be competitive are. I'd be surprised if our schedule really turns out to be the 2nd toughest when everything plays out.

I look at it this way, instead of us saying, "darn, we've got to play them", they should be saying, "Darn, we've got to play the Broncos!" :D

wayninja
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Any team can beat any other team on any Sunday. Parity is at an all time high. How many teams saw SF on their schedule at the beginning of the year and weren't worried? By season's end everything had changed.

Happens every year. Teams that are supposed to be dominant aren't and teams that aren't supposed to be competitive are. I'd be surprised if our schedule really turns out to be the 2nd toughest when everything plays out.

I look at it this way, instead of us saying, "darn, we've got to play them", they should be saying, "Darn, we've got to play the Broncos!" :D

To be fair, the same happened to us. The Steelers were absolutely ecstatic when they found out we would be their first round opponent.

nevcraw
02-11-2012, 11:40 AM
most important draft class in EFX reign coming up... better get som e immediate impact players..

Ravage!!!
02-11-2012, 02:10 PM
True.. we were able to beat a injury depleted Bears and Steelers team. You never know what injuries may weaken our opponents next season.

bigjara
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Indeed a very, very rough schedule. The sad thing is, if Tebow doesn't at least match the success which the Broncos had last year, than the haters will be all over them. I don't think people expect to much from the Broncos though, but this could be the chance to prove that they've turned the corner.

Hopefully, the Broncos make some solid picks in the draft and get some free agents in. Its either going to be a really exciting season or a very painful one.

TXBRONC
02-11-2012, 06:35 PM

On paper it looks like this season could be nut buster but we wont know that until we actually play opponents.

I wont be shocked if Denver takes a step back this year because it's still very young team that's still has a lot holes to fills. Nevertheless the bottom we wont know until the games are actually played.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2012, 09:15 AM
True.. we were able to beat a injury depleted Bears and Steelers team. You never know what injuries may weaken our opponents next season.

Easy killer, it's not like we were "healthy" when we played them, either. I'm so tired of hearing the excuse about Pittsburgh's injuries. We were without Kuper (O-captain and one of our best/most experienced O-linemen), Dawkins (D-captain and starting safety), Decker (one of our best WRs), Larsen (starting FB), and Von Miller playing with a bad hand. All starters and we still won. It all evens out as far as I'm concerned.

The Steelers were without Keisel, Hampton, Clark, and Mendenhall. Yep, pretty even to me. Would they have brought up our injuries as an excuse had we lost to the Steelers? Did we get to pull that card after the Pats loss? Does it only count when it's not the Broncos?