PDA

View Full Version : Call your shot today regarding Cutler!

MasterShake
03-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Since this is all heresy and nonsense so far, lets all go on a limb and see what we THINK will happen.

Personally, I think Jay comes back and has the season of his life. We get to the playoffs and get knocked out in the divisional round after a wildcard win at home. All this talk of a trade is a distant memory as we gear up for a Super Bowl run!

Yup, I'm a homer. Its the offseason and I don't care! :salute::D

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Nothing's going to happen. Jay can't trade himself, and Denver already said no to a deal that won't be topped.

It's up to Jay to make it work or not.

getlynched47
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Since this is all heresy and nonsense so far, lets all go on a limb and see what we THINK will happen.

Personally, I think Jay comes back and has the season of his life. We get to the playoffs and get knocked out in the divisional round after a wildcard win at home. All this talk of a trade is a distant memory as we gear up for a Super Bowl run!

Yup, I'm a homer. Its the offseason and I don't care! :salute::D

Yup. Jay Cutler isnt going to be traded. He will be our QB next year and light it up. I think Jay has another 4,000 yard season...30 TD's...and less than 12 INT's.

He leads us to the playoffs behind a revamped defense and running game lead by Peyton Hillis and Correll Buckhalter.

Then we sign Cutler and Marshall to a contract extension and start our dynasty :D

honz
03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Jay will be our starting QB in 2009 and play as well as he has ever played. McDaniels and Jay will eventually realize that they both just want to win and settle their differences. I won't go as far as saying we will make the playoffs, but I think we will have a successful season this year and we will all be laughing about the offseason drama when it is all said and done.

UnderArmour
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Jay will be our starting QB in 2009 and play as well as he has ever played. McDaniels and Jay will eventually realize that they both just want to win and settle their differences. I won't go as far as saying we will make the playoffs, but I think we will have a successful season this year and we will all be laughing about the offseason drama when it is all said and done.

You won't go as far as to say we'll make the playoffs but you predict right after that we're going to win the Super Bowl? ;)

honz
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
You won't go as far as to say we'll make the playoffs but you predict right after that we're going to win the Super Bowl? ;)

It's all relatively speaking...by successful I mean 8-8 or better. :salute:

Foochacho
03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Jay will come out of the closet and announce that he is leaving the NFL to pursue his dream of being an actor on broadway. After this announcement it will be clear as to why he couldn't be a man about the trade talks and acted like an emotional little girl.

Broncospsycho77
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
We go 7-9, regardless of who's at QB.

getlynched47
03-14-2009, 10:36 PM
We go 7-9, regardless of who's at QB.

The thread is called "call your shot REGARDING CUTLER!"

:coffee:

BeefStew25
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Shake, War and I welcome you to Team Positive.

Northman
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I think he will be traded.

atwater27
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I call Cutler and the new head cheese have irreconcileable differences. Cutler will be traded for below what he is worth, and will own Denver in future matchups.

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Cutler will show up to OTA's, both the FO and Cutler will decline to talk about the situation. The team will rally behind Cutler as their leader.. There will be more rumors of a Cutler trade.. Cutler will still be reported to feel he will be traded.. McKid will do everything in his power to make Cutler act up so he can have an excuse to trade him.

Cutler will realize the only reason he is still here is in spite of McKid, Bowlen wants him here. Cutler will make a mends with Bowlen. At this point Cutler will have caught on to McKids game, he simply wont give him a good reason to trade him because he knows Pat is in his corner.

Mckid will be furious he doesn't have the power to just trade Cutler and our draft will suffer. The Broncos will take a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Not high enough to where it will be a direct statement but high enough people will say he is being groomed to replace Cutler..

At the beginning of training camp, it will be rumored there is an open competition at QB in Denver. McKid won't address the question, instead he will drop bs remarks about how competition in camp at "every position" is good, he will talk about how putting starters in place is a proses. With each passing day the rumors will pile in because of his comments.

I'm not sure Cutler will be able to take the disrespect of not being named the starter? McKid might get what he wants here, Cutler might just ask to be traded?.. I think in the end, before he asks for the trade, he will fall back on his newly found confidant, Pat Bowlen. Pat will be stuck in a bad position.. If he doesn't back Cutler here, Cutler will ask to be traded. Once his mind,is made up, feeling like there is no one he can trust in the organization. Cutler will do everything he can to get out, even holding out.

Now, I believe Pat will do the right thing, he will back Cutler, Cutler will not ask for the trade but McKid will be upset realizing he isn't the commander and chief and doesn't have the say he thought he would when he came in.

Now the rest will depend on McKid. If he can't accept the fact he doesn't have complete control over who is on "his" team, he might resign as head coach of the Broncos or he might force Pat to fire him by not naming Cutler the starter going into the season.. I can't be sure but IMO Josh is smart enough to know that would be a bad idea. Therefore I believe he will eat some pride and do what he's told.

If things go well and the Broncos are winning, Cutler and Mckid will build a mutual respect for one another throughout the season.. If the Broncos are losing all bets are off.. Either Jay or Josh will be gone by the start of the 2010 season.. My guess would be whoever Pat feels is to blame for them not getting along and causing the losing season. :salute:

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-15-2009, 12:19 AM
he will be our QB through training camp but during the first preseason game, he will sustain a serious hangnail and will land on IR. Simms will step in and will fall victim to a sprained right finger and will land on IR aswell. we'll make a trade for Vince Young and he will lose the starting job to Hack and at that point Vince will begin his career at Kicker.

slim
03-15-2009, 12:40 AM
For 2009...

Cutler stays

MO does not get any

NTL is still not funny

Cswil comes out of the closet and moves to Massachusetts with beef

Clay makes everyone laugh

DC gets owned by Atwater

BroncoJoe does NOT grow hair

Timmy gets drunk

Dread says something spot on

Frau flashes her neighbor more than once

BDB smells like roses

Tubby joins the Idaho Regional Raquetball Association

Yardog does whatever he wants

Gator considers the benefits of chasity belts

Dream sucks a fat one

Dog changes his avy 365 times

Nut move up to horses

Tinker says somthing dorky that no one understands

Buff realizes why Obama was the wrong choice

NUB fails to realize why Obama was the wrong choice

BG7 thinks she realizes why Obama was the wrong choice, but random spam email changes her mind

Grover
03-15-2009, 12:44 AM
We do a deal with Carolina for Peppers in exchange for Cutler and a box of tampons.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Jay is going to be the starting Quarterback for the Denver Broncos the next 10 years atleast.... Multiple Superbowls and MVP's

broncophan
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Cutler will be traded on or before draft day.............and the broncos will be better for it....

Krugan
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Best Cajun "Ahhhh we suck again". Or still do.

Same outcome new faces.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Cutler gets traded for defensive help and Plummer comes back and takes the team to the Super Bowl laughing at Shanny the whole way. OK, just a thought. :-)

BroncoJoe
03-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Cutler gets traded for defensive help and Plummer comes back and takes the team to the Super Bowl laughing at Shanny the whole way. OK, just a thought. :-)

Where the hell have you been?

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 09:53 AM

Holy shit! A ghost!

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Where the hell have you been?

In Idaho talking to Jake!! :D

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Holy shit! A ghost!

I live!!!! Been watching this Cutler fiasco and getting a good laugh.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 09:55 AM
I live!!!! Been watching this Cutler fiasco and getting a good laugh.

Yeah, our new coach is getting played, huh?

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, our new coach is getting played, huh?

Yeah, crybaby Jay's scene is getting really pathetic. I could go on all day about it. I just sit and laugh at how stupid he makes himself look each day.

BroncoJoe
03-15-2009, 10:06 AM
I've been wondering what your thoughts are, 9'er.

Actually, I pretty much knew what they were...

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I've been wondering what your thoughts are, 9'er.

Actually, I pretty much knew what they were...

I wonder how Scar is taking all this in. I'm sure he wants McDaniels out of Denver and Jay has done nothing wrong?

BroncoJoe
03-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I wonder how Scar is taking all this in. I'm sure he wants McDaniels out of Denver and Jay has done nothing wrong?

Hammer. Nail.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Doesn't Tampa Bay have the rights to Plummer? Denver was trying to do a 3 way with Tampa Bay involved. Wasn't Jake in Pats office last week? That's far fetched, but I would LMAO if something like that was in the works. I know it won't and it's stupid, but I would still laugh. It would be hilarious.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Doesn't Tampa Bay have the rights to Plummer? Denver was trying to do a 3 way with Tampa Bay involved. Wasn't Jake in Pats office last week? That far fetched, but I would LMAO if something like that was in the works. I know it won't and it's stupid, but I would still laugh. It would be hilarious.

Yes, a good old lefthanded INT is good for the soul.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes, a good old lefthanded INT is good for the soul.

No different then what Cutler does with the right hand..........:beer:

LordTrychon
03-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I predict a long offseason, but when all is said and done, we do not trade Cutler, and when it gets around to everyone doing their jobs... they establish a decent enough working relationship, and eventual success leads to mutual respect and we'll all forget about this whole thing.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM
No different then what Cutler does with the right hand..........:beer:

I just wish we had management worth a damn.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:22 AM
I just wish we had management worth a damn.

I wish we had a QB that could grow up and mature a bit. Management is fine, it's that so called QB that seems to be having the problem.

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I wish we had a QB that could grow up and mature a bit. Management is fine, it's that so called QB that seems to be having the problem.

I think the blame RIGHT NOW is 50/50, Niner. Tomorrow could change that.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I think the blame RIGHT NOW is 50/50, Niner. Tomorrow could change that.

A grown man would say, "Ok Boss, understand the trade discussions and it all went south so now let's get this thing together and go win us a Super Bowl." Feelings shouldn't come into play from Cutler. Be a man and accept what happened and put it behind you and use it as a motivational tool.

Zweems56
03-15-2009, 10:30 AM
a grown man would say, "ok boss, understand the trade discussions and it all went south so now let's get this thing together and go win us a super bowl." feelings shouldn't come into play from cutler. Be a man and accept what happened and put it behind you and use it as a motivational tool.

holy ******* shit its niner

BeefStew25
03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
A grown man would say, "Ok Boss, understand the trade discussions and it all went south so now let's get this thing together and go win us a Super Bowl." Feelings shouldn't come into play from Cutler. Be a man and accept what happened and put it behind you and use it as a motivational tool.

Sounds all nice and good, but our QB is an Emo.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 10:32 AM
holy ******* shit its niner

:D:D:beer:

Dr Velcro
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I predict a long offseason, but when all is said and done, we do not trade Cutler, and when it gets around to everyone doing their jobs... they establish a decent enough working relationship, and eventual success leads to mutual respect and we'll all forget about this whole thing.

From what you told me, Cutler should find a new agent.

But for the most part, I'm going to agree on this.

Being hopeful.

frauschieze
03-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Niner! :hi:

I have this sinking suspicion Cutler will be gone in a draft day trade. I will be sick.

Bronco9798
03-15-2009, 11:00 AM

I have this sinking suspicion Cutler will be gone in a draft day trade. I will be sick.

I hope he is, I'm tired of his little kid antics. I'll take a new QB and a losing season to get rid of his little squabbling act. This relationship will never last. I think McDaniels is at least making an effort to move on but little spoiled Jay keeps the drama going. He really needs to go before it gets worse. You are who you are, and Cutler is proving who he is and what he is all about.

I don't think this relationship can last much longer unless little Jay pulls his head out of his ass and acts like a man. If he can, and just play football, then all would be fine, but He can't. It's just who he is.

underrated29
03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I think Jay stays. And the offense that we have with Jay leading the charge will have people say we are watching the birth of a superstar. We will still go 8-8, but our season will more or less replicate the cotls a few years back...

Unstoppable offense, no defense yet..The following year, nolan puts together a respectable top 13 defense and we are in the playoffs for the next 9 years, with some bowls in between.

Lonestar
03-15-2009, 11:46 AM
here is another scenario this does not get better, no one offers a worthy trade and jay sets sulking on the bench. until he gets his head out of his ass and decides to grow up..

or he is suspended without pay..

Once he decides he can't make any incentive money and his agent is not getting paid the attitude changes..

food for thought folks..

Requiem / The Dagda
03-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Cutler bitterly leaves the Broncos and the NFL completely to replace Wilford Brimley as the marquee celebrity spokesperson for diabetes at Liberty Medical.

Dr Velcro
03-15-2009, 12:00 PM

You are stalking me.

muse
03-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I think Cutler does show up on Monday. I just have this feeling that his teammates are more important to him than disliking McDaniels. That said, who knows what will happen?

frauschieze
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
You are stalking me.

Is that a problem? :confused:

topscribe
03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Is that a problem? :confused:

May I stalk you, Frau? :heh:

-----

NameUsedBefore
03-15-2009, 02:20 PM
A) Cutler stays. Who knows what happens.

B) Cutler leaves. McDaniels fails. McDaniels leaves making the "but McDaniels is the coach" arguments entirely irrelevant.

OrangeHoof
03-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I call Cutler and the new head cheese have irreconcileable differences. Cutler will be traded for below what he is worth, and will own Denver in future matchups.

I agree. If he fails to show up for the next mini-camp, his trade value will plummet and X-dude and McDiapers will be forced to cut a deal for far less than he should have been traded for.

He may be dealt for as little as a 2nd-rounder.

EMB6903
03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
damn Im anxious to hear what Shanahan thinks about this situation.... during his entire career in Denver it was never this bad.

RunYouOver
03-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Cutler to the Jets for the #17 this year and a second rounder next year.

And the franchise is set back 5 years as we draft Sanchez, who struggles mightily.