PDA

View Full Version : Denver should get RB Mike Tolbert

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Mike Tolbert expected to hit free agency.

Mike Tolbert is a powerful runner that would provide a fantastic compliment to Willis McGahee in Denver’s backfield. Last season, quarterback Tim Tebow led the team with six rushing touchdowns (McGahee came in second with four). The Broncos need a hard-nosed power back that can punch it in from a few yards out. Over the past four years, that’s exactly what Tolbert has done in San Diego, scoring 21 touchdowns since 2010. With receiving option Knowshon Moreno possibly headed out of Denver, the Broncos may be in need of a third-down running back this season. Tolbert fits the bill perfectly.

IMO, I think they should move him from RB to FB position. McGahee and Tolbert would look awesome together on the field.

Buff
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
I love Tolbert's style. But IMO Willis already gives us a hard nosed big body at that position. I think our bigger need is a speed threat at RB.

That said, if we could bring in a speed back in addition to Tolbert, and let him get some time at FB, then that would be the best of both worlds.

camdisco24
02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I would LOVE to pick him up. He's young enough to give us a great complement to McGahee and he could easily step up as a #1 if McGahee were to go down. In the right system that guy could be amazing.

weazel
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Lamar Miller

Ravage!!!
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't count on McGahee lasting through the next season. So even picking up a RB with the same style makes sense considering Mc is on the last of his career.

VonSackemMiller
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Id rather get lamar miller and let mcgahee be the back up, maybe draft another bruiser late in the draft.

Jsteve01
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I love Tolbert's style. But IMO Willis already gives us a hard nosed big body at that position. I think our bigger need is a speed threat at RB.

That said, if we could bring in a speed back in addition to Tolbert, and let him get some time at FB, then that would be the best of both worlds.

I prefer to get another bruiser. Change of pace is great but you can get those guys for your third down back. I want another guy that punishes opposing defenders

Jsteve01
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Lamar Miller

I counter with Doug Martin. Not quite as fast but very explosive in his own right and a punisher at 5'9" and 220. He also brings better pass pro and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

rcsodak
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Speed kills.
What'd kc's offense do with/without it over the last 2yrs?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I think they should get Mike Tolbert, trade Moreno for better DT or DB, and draft a stud RB.

nevcraw
02-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I think they should get Mike Tolbert, trade Moreno for better DT or DB, and draft a stud RB.

If you think we can get better DT's or CB's with the 5th or 6th Moreno will fetch then I'm all all for it.. if you think a bad knee, oft injured, DUI holding over paid bust will get more IMO you are mistaken...

FireAce
02-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Lamichael James

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Sign Micheal Bush in FA and draft the best speed/3rd down guy you can at a reasonable spot in the draft. Problem solved.

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM
If you think we can get better DT's or CB's with the 5th or 6th Moreno will fetch then I'm all all for it.. if you think a bad knee, oft injured, DUI holding over paid bust will get more IMO you are mistaken...
I doubt Moreno could honestly pull a 5th or 6th at this point unless it was conditional. Dude has done nothing to help himself the past two years.

DenBronx
02-10-2012, 02:22 AM
La

Michael

James

/Thread.

WARHORSE
02-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Id take Bush in FAgency if the price is right.

I like Tolbert as well at a good price.

Moreno might get a.........5th or 6th......if we're lucky.

I think RBs would like to run in this system..........hopefully it attracts someone like Tolbert or Bush.

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm normally against signing the hot FA RB, but I think Bush could turn out much like Michael Turner 2.0. Very talented player who slid in the draft and became stuck behind an entrenched star player. Any other team with the money would resign this guy. He's got low mileage, good hands and you just might not have to break the bank for him.

RB is a need. This season would have been much, much worse without McGahee.

arapaho2
02-10-2012, 01:14 PM
tolbert is a huge upgrade...dude can run, can make people miss, has great hands...and will not be denied that goal line very much

speed backs as we would use them, are every where in the draft...guys with tolberts size, hands, and speed power are not

get tolbert for those short yardage situations...draft a speed one cut back to compliment mcgahee...somewhere in the draft...that way we can focus on the dline and defense:elefant:

VonSackemMiller
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
make people miss?

SR
02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
No offense MS, but any time a moderate to big name player is said to be hitting FA, you suggest we get him. It rarely makes sense, even in this case.

Jsteve01
02-10-2012, 11:58 PM
No offense MS, but any time a moderate to big name player is said to be hitting FA, you suggest we get him. It rarely makes sense, even in this case. tolbert fits the bill for a fox run game

MOtorboat
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
It is fun to dream...

arapaho2
02-11-2012, 02:39 AM
make people miss?

yes he can and does...or runs over them...either way he's probably better than any back we have