PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5

Foochacho
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM
What a gay ass game. Why the hell did I buy this without waiting for a review or playing a demo.

bullis26
03-14-2009, 12:09 PM
i was smart and downloaded the demo, haha take that back to walmart say it stopped working, then take it back again and say you got it for a gift and you already had it....if we didnt get it from wal-mart just tell wal-mart you lost your recipt, they'll give you your money back (or atleast a $60 gift card) it works everytime

Shazam!
03-14-2009, 01:50 PM
The reviews are all good so it's a matter of taste I guess. The combat in RE I think moves a little too slow for me.

Foochacho
03-14-2009, 09:20 PM
The reviews were good so that is why I jumped on it. That and Left 4 dead was awesome so I'm really into killing zombies right now. It needs to be a first person shooter to be decent. The controls are retarded and annoying.

MasterShake
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Resident Evil has always been a niche market game. I never liked the first one and never went back.

honz
03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Capcom turned it into a generic 3rd person action shooter with clunky controls. For shame. I played the demo and didn't enjoy it at all.

jrelway
03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
i love this game. almost done with it.

Shazam!
04-23-2009, 12:51 AM
I picked this up when I traded in Riddick and I am promptly returning it.

It's so ****ing ridiculous.

Surrounded by an army of enemies with only 15 bullets available.

You can't even tippy-toe while aiming.

The items menu is a complete joke.

The game is gorgeous but that is not enough.

Returning it to Gamestop tomorrow and exchanging it.

ikillz0mbies
05-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I know this thread is over a month old, but I never got across to reading it until today. I will say that Resident Evil 5 was quite disappointing. Not to the point where I am going to return it though.

One of the biggest disappointments in this game is the lack of change from Resident Evil 4. The controls are the same. I'm still unhappy that you cannot move around while aiming, as the character has to stay stationary when aiming with a weapon.

There is also no more purchasing of the briefcase. Playing throughout the game, you come across tons of items. TONS. But with only 9 slots, how can you carry all the essential items? Now they did add a new feature, in which the directional pad can be used as a quick item change function. But here's my biggest complaint. When organizing your items in a middle of a fight, you can't pause the game. When you are trying to organize your items and all kinds of enemies are coming after you, you are left vulnerable to attack.

Capcom made Resident Evil 5 a co-op game and added Sheva to solo play. But is it just me or is Sheva more annoying than she is helpful? When running from enemies, she is almost always left behind and wasting ammo and such. She normally just gets in the way and often causes damage for both characters.

On a positive note, it was great to see Jill Valentine make her return to the Resident Evil series. Perhaps it leaves the door open to her being the protagonist of RE6?

Overall I do give this game a 6/10 because of the lack of changes from RE4 and Sheva's annoyance. The biggest improvement to this game should be the ability to move when aiming. Chris should be able to maneuver around when faced against a swarm of enemies, rather than being stand-still and becoming shark bait.

What I'm hoping to see in RE6 is the return of the zombies. I think the storyline of the infected humans has been prolonged and hopefully ended in RE5. I'd love to see the dead rise as well as see a female lead protagonist. With Leon and Chris being the only 2 main male protagonists in the series, they have already taken turns being the lead guy in the last 2 games. I have read a few polls in which gamers want to see Leon back in RE6. But I think that is rather ridiculous because he was just used. RE5 opened the door for Jill Valentine and I think she should be the lead in RE6, as I think she is the most popular character next to Leon and Wesker.

I can guarantee that the co-op feature will be back in the sixth installment, but it better be improved with the partner having a higher IQ.

Shazam!
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
RE is officially dead to me. What a disappointment.