PDA

View Full Version : Just some first round guys I think we should look at.

BroncoBowlby 88
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Number 1 in my opinion is Vontaze Burfict: This dude is crazy good. Top 10 type of talent, who would stuff the run and is athletic enough to defend the pass. I think to much fuss is made over his "maturity issues", with a lot of good vets like Bailey, and Dawkins (if he doesn't retire) to help guide him, and I'd rather have someone who plays with to much passion and gets caught up in the game than someone who has a ton of off the field issues. Mays was serviceable but got burned on a lot of plays and missed some key tackles, would make a good back up.

2. Lamar Miller: Only big set back is that he is not the most powerful back. Good speed, good agility would learn a lot behind Willis. A better choice than Moreno or Ball. He would give our back field a nice 1, 2 punch.

3. Devon Still: Good against the run, big enough dude to clog up space and let the LB's do what they do. Not my faviorite DT but would be a good counter piece to Bunk.

Other than a RB (which could be found in later rounds even), I really want to see the first three rounds devoted to defense, on all three levels. We need to pick up some young CB's. But I'm still a fan of BPA.

weazel
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Im jones'n for Miller as well.

CoachChaz
02-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Great. Then we can lead the NFL in rushing and games giving up 40+ points again on our way to another mediocre season

nevcraw
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Number 1 in my opinion is Vontaze Burfict: This dude is crazy good. Top 10 type of talent, who would stuff the run and is athletic enough to defend the pass. I think to much fuss is made over his "maturity issues", with a lot of good vets like Bailey, and Dawkins (if he doesn't retire) to help guide him, and I'd rather have someone who plays with to much passion and gets caught up in the game than someone who has a ton of off the field issues. Mays was serviceable but got burned on a lot of plays and missed some key tackles, would make a good back up.

2. Lamar Miller: Only big set back is that he is not the most powerful back. Good speed, good agility would learn a lot behind Willis. A better choice than Moreno or Ball. He would give our back field a nice 1, 2 punch.

3. Devon Still: Good against the run, big enough dude to clog up space and let the LB's do what they do. Not my faviorite DT but would be a good counter piece to Bunk.

Other than a RB (which could be found in later rounds even), I really want to see the first three rounds devoted to defense, on all three levels. We need to pick up some young CB's. But I'm still a fan of BPA.

I agree on burfict.. bad ass and a great player to stuff the MLB spot.. we need a hunter..

weazel
02-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Great. Then we can lead the NFL in rushing and games giving up 40+ points again on our way to another mediocre season

nah, the tebowites have convinced me that all we need is Timmy! we dont really need anyone else on the team, really. Tebow will lead us to the promised land all on his own.

Seriously though... our #25 pick isnt going to get us anything worth while anyway, so complaining about a running back is kind of pointless.

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Burfict is overrated, but you're kidding yourself if you think McGahee has the legs to carry the entire workload like this over the course of another season. Adding a RB is absolutely necessary, so we should at least try to find a good one.

CoachChaz
02-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Then when we're down by 20, we can run the ball and catch up real fast.

No. I do agree we need a back, but not 1st round

BroncoBowlby 88
02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Burfict has the potential to be a Ray Lewis type player on this defense. It would be nice to see another stud at MLB, we've been missing one since Al Wilson retired.

WARHORSE
02-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Wilson will be a better RB than Miller in my opium.

Vontae is a loose missile, but if he can be controlled, hes a beast for sure.

Id take Devon because he can stop the run as well as bring pressure up the gut.......something that will help our D tremendously.

SOCALORADO.
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Michael Brockers, DT, LSU - No other player is even close to being as important to aquire in the 1st round. And DEN is more than likely out of the running.
Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn State - Huge upgrade.
Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State- Like Brockers, not a ton of tape on him, but hes a beast. DEN needs to collapse the pocket.

Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - Sooo talented.....and such a complete F-up at the same time.
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia - He plays well in man coverage and zone coverage. Minnifield has that special physical skill set for the next level.

Vontaze is a complete moron, and will fall when he gets interviewed. Just a team cancer.

weazel
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
best player available at the time of the pick... I just dont want to see a Shanahan draft where he picks all one position hoping to find one good player.

catfish
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
nah, the tebowites have convinced me that all we need is Timmy! we dont really need anyone else on the team, really. Tebow will lead us to the promised land all on his own.

Seriously though... our #25 pick isnt going to get us anything worth while anyway, so complaining about a running back is kind of pointless.

I disagree, Tebow is the worst QB to ever play the game ever, we should use our first 3 picks on QB's one of the is bound to be good enough to get us to the next draft.;)

If you are switching sides so am I....keeps things nice and even:D

WARHORSE
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Russell Wilson is the guy I want to draft to play with Teebs.

He'll have a chip on his shoulder the size of a truck.

Tebow will be pushed, and we have a QB that can run and pass, who isnt the prototypical QB that you'll want to keep in the pocket to save him from hits.

I think Wilson would love to run this offense, and excel at it.

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Michael Brockers, DT, LSU - No other player is even close to being as important to aquire in the 1st round. And DEN is more than likely out of the running.
Yeah, it's a shame. After the combine he could be sitting in the top ten.

BroncoBowlby 88
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM

He's deffinatly the DT I would love to see fall in the draft, close enough so we could trade up and not use a lot of picks to get him. But I think we can find solid DT's in the first 3 rounds, even if they don't start right away and work in rotationally with Warren and Bunk. Im all for BPA, I just hope its Miller or Burfict. haha

Ziggy
02-10-2012, 05:13 PM
BPA regardless of position. I don't care if it's a RB, QB, DT, or any other position. Championship teams are by drafting for talent, not need.

SOCALORADO.
02-10-2012, 05:15 PM

I know. What a shame. CAR at #9 is gonna nab a special player.

TheReverend
02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
S t i l l or g t f o

HammeredOut
02-11-2012, 04:29 PM

What are you talking about... we won like 6 games this year with 18 points scored or less... The defense was solid, and our identity the past season.

LTC Pain
02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
BPA on the board at the CB, DT, RB positions. Hope EFX does this through the first three rounds.

Shananahan
02-11-2012, 05:55 PM
What are you talking about... we won like 6 games this year with 18 points scored or less... The defense was solid, and our identity the past season.
Some people think the best measuring stick of the defense is how it plays against unstoppable offenses like New England.

yuhateme80
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I think we need to draft bpa on defense

HammeredOut
02-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Zack Brown, and L.James. Enough said..

Canmore
02-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Zack Brown, and L.James. Enough said..

From everything I have seen, Lamichael James is a third round talent.

VonSackemMiller
02-12-2012, 06:18 AM
From everything I have seen, Lamichael James is a third round talent.

if your righy then I hope we can get such a steal in round 3. This offense needs explosion players. Hed be one of them.if mcgahee had some get up east/west some of the running lanes to the outside were there, alot of cutback and gone lanes too.

Superchop 7
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
DeCastro is my guy we all know that......I know you are all hot for defense.....but this kid is too good to pass up and our o line needs help if we want to keep our QB out of the hospital. We need our offense to keep drives alive....you cant ask the defense to play 75 times a game....they wear out and get killed late in the season.

DenBronx
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not so sure about drafting a RB in round 1 unless his name is Trent Richardson.

Burfict IMO, would bring just as big of an impact to our defense as Von Miller did. We would instantly upgrade the ILB position for years to come. He's a very nasty LB and hits like a brick house. I will be very happy if we draft him.

Now, why not go get a guy like Marshawn Lynch? Isnt he like 26/27 years old? Have you seen him run? I was pounding the table to get him before Seattle did. He runs like he's got anger management problems and would bring us into another demension in the running game. We're already the #1 running offense and this would guarantee us the #1 rushing offense next year. Seattle could franchise him though, so I'm not sure if he's even available.

If not, then draft a RB on day two or three.

But, we need help in the secondary more than any other position. Whatever we do this must be addressed.

Medford Bronco
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Some people think the best measuring stick of the defense is how it plays against unstoppable offenses like New England.

It shows how far we are behind teams like the Giants and Ravens then.

We made some progress on D, but must continue to build, esp if this offense will still be so conservative (not that I want the offense that conservative, just stating what I think a fact may be)

DenBronx
02-12-2012, 05:23 PM
It shows how far we are behind teams like the Giants and Ravens then.

We made some progress on D, but must continue to build, esp if this offense will still be so conservative (not that I want the offense that conservative, just stating what I think a fact may be)

We continue to get blown out by high powered offenses.

Meanwhile, teams like the G-Men are the blueprint on how to stop them. It starts with creating pressure on the QB, Tuck, JPP and Osi are Rogers, Brees and Bradys worst nightmares.

Makes you wonder if we had Mario Williams or Osi, what it would do to this defense. I like Ayers but he's no Osi.

Shananahan
02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Now, why not go get a guy like Marshawn Lynch?
......because nobody will have the opportunity?

CoachChaz
02-12-2012, 08:29 PM

How many did the "unstoppable offense" put up against the Giants defense? Hell...how about the Colts defense for that matter? We had two shots and couldnt contsin them once. Thinking our defense is currently our identity is a very scary thought

DenBronx
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
......because nobody will have the opportunity?

As of right now he's a free agent, so you never know.

We could also dangle Moreno in a trade.

Canmore
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
As of right now he's a free agent, so you never know.

We could also dangle Moreno in a trade.

That will certainly seal the deal. :D

Shananahan
02-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah, that's pretty hilarious.

"Hey Seattle, could you maybe please not franchise your best offensive player so we could sign him? Please? We'll even throw in Moreno! He'll stay healthy this year, we promise!"

Superchop 7
02-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Seattle owes us. (See McDaniels, Josh)

ShooterJM
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Burifict is like a LB version of Randy Moss. Maybe worse. Great tools, bad attitude and seems mentally weak. He should have stayed in another year and played nice.

I'd much prefer a CB.

TXBRONC
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
BPA regardless of position. I don't care if it's a RB, QB, DT, or any other position. Championship teams are by drafting for talent, not need.

If our quarterback position was completely settled might change things a little bit. You might try to trade out that spot and pick player that is the bpa for that spot.