PDA

View Full Version : Cutler expected to attend meeting Monday

ursak
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Broncos | Cutler expected to attend meeting Monday
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:00:58 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports a source close to Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler said Cutler is expected to attend head coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting Monday, March 16, and that Cutler has considered selling his 7,516-square-foot home for more than a year. Thus Cutler putting his home for sale may not necessarily mean a potential trade is in the works.

underrated29
03-14-2009, 10:26 AM
F*** Yeah!!!!

Except its from another one of those infamous "annonymous sources" so after all that has transpired i can only remain cautiously optomistic this is true.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Good job Jay. Way to be smart and (consider) show up for your job!

Italianmobstr7
03-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Awesome. Hopefully we can get this all reconciled. Jay needs to stay a Bronco for a long time.

WARHORSE
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
REPORT: CUTLER WILL ATTEND TEAM MEETING ON MONDAY (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/report-cutler-will-attend-team-meeting-on-monday/)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 9:59 a.m.
A week after Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels reportedly experienced a deterioration of their relationship during a conference call, Cutler is expected to attend a team meeting at the outset of the team’s offseason program.
According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, a source close to Cutler (the name of the source possibly rhymes with “Pus Book”) said that Cutler “most likely will attend (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11910135)” the first team meeting of McDaniels’ tenure.
Though Klis reports that all players have been told to show for the meeting, it’s unclear whether this is among the few “mandatory” offseason activities. Typically, the mandatory events come much later in the offseason, and involve on-field practice sessions in helmets and underwear.
In March, the focus is strength and conditioning.
So if the session isn’t mandatory, Cutler isn’t required to be there.

It’s the kind of “let’s f–k with ‘em” thing that folks who are squabbling with each other tend to do, and at this point it would be a surprise to us if more ugliness doesn’t emerge from the McDaniels-Cutler relationship.

Good.

Looks like the 'baby' is coming in.........so much for that argument.

TXBRONC
03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
REPORT: CUTLER WILL ATTEND TEAM MEETING ON MONDAY (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/report-cutler-will-attend-team-meeting-on-monday/)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 9:59 a.m.
A week after Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels reportedly experienced a deterioration of their relationship during a conference call, Cutler is expected to attend a team meeting at the outset of the team’s offseason program.
According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, a source close to Cutler (the name of the source possibly rhymes with “Pus Book”) said that Cutler “most likely will attend (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11910135)” the first team meeting of McDaniels’ tenure.
Though Klis reports that all players have been told to show for the meeting, it’s unclear whether this is among the few “mandatory” offseason activities. Typically, the mandatory events come much later in the offseason, and involve on-field practice sessions in helmets and underwear.
In March, the focus is strength and conditioning.
So if the session isn’t mandatory, Cutler isn’t required to be there.
Meanwhile, Klis addresses Friday’s news that Cutler has placed his Denver-area house on the market. And, frankly, we disagree with Klis’s assessment that the development is meaningless. Even if Cutler has been planning to sell the thing from the day he bought it, the fact that it went on the market in the wake of Monday’s call with McDaniels tells us that Cutler was, at a minimum, trying to rouse some rabble.
The only other explanation is that Cutler was completely clueless as to the potential impact that the move would have.
One thing we’re all seeming to forget here is that Cutler’s agent — the guy whose name rhymes with “Pus Book” — was in the eye of last year’s Brett Favre fiasco. So it’s only fair to assume that he has had a hand in every move Cutler is making, and we’re also prepared also to assume that the guy whose name rhymes with “Pus Book” came up with the idea to do one of the few things in Cutler’s power to send a message to the masses (and 31 other NFL teams) regarding his desire to get out of town.
It’s the kind of “let’s f–k with ‘em” thing that folks who are squabbling with each other tend to do, and at this point it would be a surprise to us if more ugliness doesn’t emerge from the McDaniels-Cutler relationship.

Good.

Looks like the 'baby' is coming in.........so much for that argument.

Yeah but look what else Florio wrote, that stupid jerk who doesn't know jack. That idiot is trying make more out Jay selling that house that is really there. Florio the ignorant gossip columnist doesn't seem to know that Jay has three properties in Denver and the one that is no market isn't even his primary residence.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Florio seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

LordTrychon
03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I think and hope this is great news. :salute:

LRtagger
03-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Yea Florio is always spot on with his reports.

:lol:

SR
03-14-2009, 04:28 PM
With all that has transpired with this crap, it wouldn't surprise me if Jay came in and demanded a trade or some other kind of nonsense.

Broncospsycho77
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah, nothing's settled yet. The bad dream can't be over.

SoCalImport
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
With all that has transpired with this crap, it wouldn't surprise me if Jay came in and demanded a trade or some other kind of nonsense.

Lalalalalal.. I can't here you... (happy thoughts, happy thoughts)

I really gotta believe that this has been a clash of egos that SEEMED to take us a lot closer to the abyss than it actually ever did.
Now that everyone has had time to count to ten, cooler heads will prevail.

SR
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I've learned to expect the worst, hope for the best with Jay. He has already lost a ton of points with me in the way he has handled himself through this. To be frank, I don't care if he isn't a Bronco next year. I don't get along well with drama.

getlynched47
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Great news! :salute:

Cugel
03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I've learned to expect the worst, hope for the best with Jay. He has already lost a ton of points with me in the way he has handled himself through this. To be frank, I don't care if he isn't a Bronco next year. I don't get along well with drama.

Yeah? Well I don't deal well with the Broncos going 4-12 this season, and then maybe 6-10 NEXT season with out Jay Cutler and some scrub like Chris Simms as QB! :coffee:

Day1BroncoFan
03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
If Jay wants to be a Bronco great. If he don't then we need a QB that does. I would rather have someone playing that wants to play than someone who is looking for another job with another team.

Don't get me wrong, Jay is OK with me but if he doesn't want to stay a Bronco then maybe better if he leaves.

WARHORSE
03-14-2009, 08:25 PM

So does Sheik Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

SR
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah? Well I don't deal well with the Broncos going 4-12 this season, and then maybe 6-10 NEXT season with out Jay Cutler and some scrub like Chris Simms as QB! :coffee:

Yeah well there's always next season, and it's just a game. I'd rather have a quality CHARACTER guy taking the snaps for my team versus a fricken crybaby egomaniac.

DenBronx
03-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah well there's always next season, and it's just a game. I'd rather have a quality CHARACTER guy taking the snaps for my team versus a fricken crybaby egomaniac.

its more than just a game. :coffee:

some people live their whole lives around football...

fcspikeit
03-15-2009, 01:12 AM
If Jay wants to be a Bronco great. If he don't then we need a QB that does. I would rather have someone playing that wants to play than someone who is looking for another job with another team.

Don't get me wrong, Jay is OK with me but if he doesn't want to stay a Bronco then maybe better if he leaves.

Where are you getting Jay doesn't want to be a Bronco? Seriously, the guy said he was upset about the trade talks because he wants to be a Bronco..

My guess would be he doesn't want to be a Patriot ;)

Do you feel the same way about what you want as a head coach?

SR
03-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Where are you getting Jay doesn't want to be a Bronco? Seriously, the guy said he was upset about the trade talks because he wants to be a Bronco..

My guess would be he doesn't want to be a Patriot ;)

Do you feel the same way about what you want as a head coach?

I agree. I think Jay wants to be a Bronco. Otherwise he would not have been pissed his name was brought up in trade rumors.

And yes, that is the way I feel about who I want as a head coach. That's one of the reasons I'm glad Shanny is gone.