PDA

View Full Version : Woody's Mailbag: Maybe Tim Tebow doesn't need so much "fixing"

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Very interesting article - things people have said to Woody about Tebow, plus many other things included in article.

http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19922048?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

wayninja
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
:popcorn:

rationalfan
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
more and more, woody's mailbags are becoming required reading. seems like this format is where he spills the most inside info about the broncos.

spikerman
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I wonder why the Broncos would be opposed to him hiring a coach before OTA's start. Since the Broncos can't officially work with him until April it seems like working with an independent coach before OTA's would give him a head start.

Although I don't really have any evidence that they don't want him to work with a coach - when Skip Bayless told Tebow he would pay for him to go work with Brady's coach, he deflected and said he would work with Gase. Seems like a waste of a good few weeks or months of work to me.

VonSackemMiller
02-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Tebow needs to work with somebody outside of the team leading up too mini camps, he probably denied working with the patriots guy because he has alot more important things to worry about like his health. The guy he worked with before his pro day had the motion getting better and better. This off season shouldnt be about lifting weights for tebow like last year. It should be all mechanics, footwork and studying defenses.

PAINTERDAVE
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
"I have now talked to at least a dozen ex- and current coaches (Dan Reeves and Jim Fassel and Bratkowski, a former long-time assistant, and Boyd Dowler, who played for the Packers and coached and scouted in the NFL for years and others off the record because they asked that their names not be used, but they are former quarterbacks), and not in any discussion did I know going in what they thought of Tebow, and I didn't push them for positive responses about him, and I was stunned that every one of them thinks he will be a great NFL quarterback. I know that there are many others who think otherwise, but these are people I trust. Fox believes in Tebow. Elway believes in Tebow as a person and as a player, but is not totally convinced about him as a quarterback. I know that many of the veteran players who were unwilling to come forward when Orton was the quarterback believe in Tebow. They have said it directly to me even when I haven't asked.

So I am amazed when I hear Denver media claim that players and coaches and Elway don't believe Tebow will ever be a player. I've never had one player or coach or executive at Dove Valley tell me that on or off the record, and I actually talk to them. "

~ Woody Paige.

This is exactly OPPOSITE of what Les Shapiro constantly harps on.

If I was Elway.. I'd ban Shapiro from Dove Valley..
since Les claims constantly that what John thinks
is NOT what John says in public.
(basicly calling John a liar over and over, all season long)

Npba900
02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I wonder why the Broncos would be opposed to him hiring a coach before OTA's start. Since the Broncos can't officially work with him until April it seems like working with an independent coach before OTA's would give him a head start.

Although I don't really have any evidence that they don't want him to work with a coach - when Skip Bayless told Tebow he would pay for him to go work with Brady's coach, he deflected and said he would work with Gase. Seems like a waste of a good few weeks or months of work to me.

Why can't Tebow, Decker, Thomas, and the TE's just work out by themselves? Surely they know where all they're weaknesses are!

You don't need a coach to help you in film study to help you read defenses. The WR's know whether or not they need to improve they're rout running, reading defenses, etc.

Tebow will need to turn in to a Monk and Dove Valley will need to become his Monastery; and eat sleep nothing but football while trying to make the vast improvements he will be required to show when training camp starts.

Same goes for D. Thomas, if he doesn't want to become a "Bust", perhaps he needs to take on a Jerry Rice type perseverance, desire, and determination and workout regiment as well.

Thomas, Decker, and the TE's could run patterns/routes to help Tebow improve his passing accuracy.

Like I've said in earlier threads, Tebow and the Broncos WR's need to get to work immediately after the Super Bowl is over. Well, the SB is over......its time for Tim and his WR's to embark upon training program to where when July comes around at the start of training camp they are all on the same page and all are much improved.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Why can't Tebow, Decker, Thomas, and the TE's just work out by themselves? Surely they know where all they're weaknesses are!

You don't need a coach to help you in film study to help you read defenses. The WR's know whether or not they need to improve they're rout running, reading defenses, etc.

Tebow will need to turn in to a Monk and Dove Valley will need to become his Monastery; and eat sleep nothing but football while trying to make the vast improvements he will be required to show when training camp starts.

Same goes for D. Thomas, if he doesn't want to become a "Bust", perhaps he needs to take on a Jerry Rice type perseverance, desire, and determination and workout regiment as well.

Thomas, Decker, and the TE's could run patterns/routes to help Tebow improve his passing accuracy.

Like I've said in earlier threads, Tebow and the Broncos WR's need to get to work immediately after the Super Bowl is over. Well, the SB is over......its time for Tim and his WR's to embark upon training program to where when July comes around at the start of training camp they are all on the same page and all are much improved.

Decker was on Xfinity Live with Vic Lombardi this past Monday, and he stated that him and Tebow will get together this off season. It's already planned.

spikerman
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM

They need coaches because knowing what your weaknesses are and knowing how to fix them are two different things. Tebow won't be able to correct his footwork or mechanics on his own without someone helping him. Working out on his own would result in him doing things as he always has and would only reinforce bad habits. Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Very interesting article - things people have said to Woody about Tebow, plus many other things included in article.

http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19922048?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I read his mailbag yesterday and I think the Q & A about Tebow was pretty interesting. He mentioned several things that I've heard previously like Tebow working on footwork in the middle of the season. It wasn't going to happen when you have to prepare for your next opponent. I've heard criticism here about why he didn't work on this while he was at Florida and maybe it's because Urban Meyer do anything about because things were going well so why mess with it?

SOCALORADO.
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome read. Woody seems to have all the dirt and all the inside goings on at Dove Valley. I liked the grades, and i agree with his draft analysis, both last year, and this upcoming next year. I also agree on his FA needs as well.
I also like all the info on how EFX are running the organization.

The Glue Factory
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
They need coaches because knowing what your weaknesses are and knowing how to fix them are two different things. Tebow won't be able to correct his footwork or mechanics on his own without someone helping him. Working out on his own would result in him doing things as he always has and would only reinforce bad habits. Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

And it's not like Tebow is strapped for cash. Surely he could plunk down an obscene amount of money for a 2 to 4 week contract to work with one of these guys.

Npba900
02-10-2012, 09:32 AM

This is why Tebow needs to hire his own personal QB coach to help him work on on all his flaws both on the field and in the film room. I don't buy into any meme that Tebow is not aware of what his flaws are, deep down he knows what they are. Hiring a no-BS quarterback coach to help him overcome and improve his flaws is what Tebow can do until the OTA's/April camp starts.

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
This is why Tebow needs to hire his own personal QB coach to help him work on on all his flaws both on the field and in the film room. I don't buy into any meme that Tebow is not aware of what his flaws are, deep down he knows what they are. Hiring a no-BS quarterback coach to help him overcome and improve his flaws is what Tebow can do until the OTA's/April camp starts.

I know of three things he need to work on and that's his footwork and maybe tightening up is throwing motion. Radically changing it probably will not happen but being able to throw to his right with consistency needs to be done.

Yeah he knows what he needs to work on because he's said it in various comments and interviews that he's given.

catfish
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM

I think he said in the interview with Bayless that he would do whatever his coaches wanted him to do. I sincerely hope they suggest he hire a QB trainer.

weazel
02-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I didnt read it, we dont need to read anything to know that Tebow is the best QB in the league! Tebow is already the GOAT!!!

VonSackemMiller
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Tebow might be too loyal, he shouldnt need his coaches to tell him who to go out and work with.

catfish
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Tebow might be too loyal, he shouldnt need his coaches to tell him who to go out and work with.

I remember it being a worrying statement when he said it, my immediate thought was he needs to look out for himself not be blindly loyal to the coach

VonSackemMiller
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
yeah thats dumb, tebow should be doing all he can to improve himself so that when he does go back to dove valley hes ahead of schedule. Its not like we have any qb gurus on staff, elways a great qb but hes never coached any qbs so thata not good enough for me. He needs more than gase and elway. What the hell does he plan on doing for a whole month untkll the first mini camp? Lifting more weights

vettesplus
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
yeah thats dumb, tebow should be doing all he can to improve himself so that when he does go back to dove valley hes ahead of schedule. Its not like we have any qb gurus on staff, elways a great qb but hes never coached any qbs so thata not good enough for me. He needs more than gase and elway. What the hell does he plan on doing for a whole month untkll the first mini camp? Lifting more weights

rest the body and mind.....:coffee:

wayninja
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Tebow should give us weekly updates to prove to us what he's doing to fix all the problems with his footwork, mechanics, throwing motion, reading defenses, holding the ball too long and slow release.

As long as he improves in these areas, it doesn't matter if we go 0-16 next season, we will all be happy.

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Tebow should give us weekly updates to prove to us what he's doing to fix all the problems with his footwork, mechanics, throwing motion, reading defenses, holding the ball too long and slow release.

As long as he improves in these areas, it doesn't matter if we go 0-16 next season, we will all be happy.

Absolutely. :elefant:

spikerman
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM

In a football sense the Denver Broncos own Tim Tebow. He won't, and shouldn't, do anything football related without the team's input.

TXBRONC
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Wellif he really wants a chance for a successful career he'll listen to them If not... :wave:

It would be idiotic for him not listen them.