PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Select Cox, Gilmore In 2-Rd Mock

OrangeHoof
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Just another log to throw into the fire but Houston columnist Lance Zeirlein has done a two-round mock in which he has the Broncos selecting:

25. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664281

In the two CBS Sports mocks, Cox goes at #27 and #28.

In the second round, Zeirlein chooses for Denver:

57. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664166/stephon-gilmore

One of the two CBS mocks has Gilmore going at #27. Both players declared for the draft a year early.

Not sexy, but it looks like two solid contributors to help the defense continue to rebuild if they're available.

Discuss.

catfish
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Just another log to throw into the fire but Houston columnist Lance Zeirlein has done a two-round mock in which he has the Broncos selecting:

25. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664281

In the two CBS Sports mocks, Cox goes at #27 and #28.

In the second round, Zeirlein chooses for Denver:

57. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664166/stephon-gilmore

One of the two CBS mocks has Gilmore going at #27. Both players declared for the draft a year early.

Not sexy, but it looks like two solid contributors to help the defense continue to rebuild if they're available.

Discuss.

I can't really speak to the quality of the players, but the positions would make an immediate impact. Sounds in line with what I understand fox's philosophy to be

underrated29
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I wouldnt be upset with that

CoachChaz
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Cox may take a year or two, but he will be a stud. I dont think Gilmore lasts that long, but it's possible and I would love the pick

dogfish
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
i can work with that, thanks. . .

silkamilkamonico
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Do they take playoff success in account with draft order?

How does Pittsburgh and Detroit draft before Denver and they have better records? I thought the only drafted positions altered from the playoffs was the SuperBowl teams?

Lancane
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM

How does Pittsburgh and Detroit draft before Denver and they have better records? I thought the only drafted positions altered from the playoffs was the SuperBowl teams?

I think it got changed under the new agreement, or that is at least my take.

CoachChaz
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM

I think you answered you own question.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-08-2012, 09:24 PM

It depends on the round of the playoffs in which you were eliminated with the tie breaker being record.

silkamilkamonico
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Dam. Been so long since Denver been in the playoffs its like I forgot that's how the NFL rolled.

LMAO

FanInAZ
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM

It depends on the round of the playoffs in which you were eliminated with the tie breaker being record.

Keep in mind that the current draft order also reflex draft picks that were traded between teams.

SOCALORADO.
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I would rather move up a little and get Brockers or Still.
As muxh as i like Cox, he is kinda a 1 year wonder, and has a bit of a bust potential.

Rather take Trufant, and i really think Casey Hayward is a much better prospect than Gilmore too. I think Hayward is gonna be a baller in the NFL.

The Glue Factory
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
So what's the big deal about mock drafts anyways? Seems to me there's just too much speculation involved to make it something more than just a game of "What if." There's speculation about how good each draftee is, what each team thinks about the draftees and the drafting philosophy of each team. Given all that speculation how accurate can a mock draft be after the first 3 to 5 teams speculated selections? If a mock draft is about as accurate as me predicting next week's weather, why even bother (other than the pure boredom of the offseason)?

HammeredOut
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
In the perfect draft, I would select Zack Brown LB, and L. James.