PDA

View Full Version : What would you want for Cutler?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
This is a complete "WHAT IF" scenario. I don't have a feeling that Cutler does or does not get traded. But IF he did, what do you want for him? Please keep the answer reasonable and logical. I'd like to avoid..."Detroit's first 3 picks and their #2 and #3 in 2010"...cuz that would never happen and we'd spend a lot in rookie salaries.

So who would be the ideal trade partner and what would you want from them?

claymore
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
This is a complete "WHAT IF" scenario. I don't have a feeling that Cutler does or does not get traded. But IF he did, what do you want for him? Please keep the answer reasonable and logical. I'd like to avoid..."Detroit's first 3 picks and their #2 and #3 in 2010"...cuz that would never happen and we'd spend a lot in rookie salaries.

In all seriousness...... That is just about what it would take for me. We are going to need allot of picks and prayers to make sure its wort trading a QB that went to the Pro Bowl in his 3rd year.

Lonestar
03-13-2009, 06:46 PM
this thread is gonna be fun to see how the jay lovers give him up for a song..

claymore
03-13-2009, 06:47 PM
this thread is gonna be fun to see how the jay lovers give him up for a song..

I just do not see how a 1st and a 3rd would benefit our team more than Jay Cutler would.

bcbronc
03-13-2009, 06:47 PM
a decent 1st, a solid vet qb, and a good player for our front 7. and by good, I mean past, present, or future probowler.

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
screw picks, If we traded Jay I would want proven "young" talent in return... not questionable 1st rounders that we have to unload the bank on.

Lonestar
03-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I just do not see how a 1st and a 3rd would benefit our team more than Jay Cutler would.

hey I'm just watching this dogfight.. Y'all have a ball....

UnderArmour
03-13-2009, 06:59 PM

The 1987 Denver Broncos. I'd want John Elway.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking the ideal trade partner would be Detroit, but not for the picks folks have been listing in prior discussions. I don't want the #1 overall pick. I'd want the #20...and the #33...and a 3rd rounder. It may be too much to ask for this as well, but I'd also want a #2 in 2010. Here is my reasoning:

The #1 overall pick is pretty expensive. We are already gonna be paying the #12 pick and the rookie salaries will add up quickly. The #20 pick will cost way less than the #1.

There would be plenty of good fits for us at #20. Heyward-Bey, Moreno, McCoy, Cushing, Maualuga, Vontae Davis, Sintim, Sanchez (if we wanted the new QB now) and Wells just to name a few folks who will/could be there for us.

And we'd still have the #33 pick. Many call it basically a first round pick and, again, there would be plenty of options. We would have 3 of the first 33 picks in this draft. Given our free agent signings, we could completely overhaul the defense in 1 single offseason...if we decided to go that route. oh yeah...and we'd still have the #48 pick coming. And we'd have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Detroit is the team w/ the picks to lose. Trading Roy Williams made them rich w/ picks. As much as the Lions need quality bodies, they would still have the luxury of having a franchise QB of the future, who is proven, to go w/ Calvin Johnson as well as their own #1. They could draft for defense or get a premiere LT prospect to go with Gosder Cherilus who they took last year for RT. In essence, it'd be like they traded Roy Williams for Cutler.

It would give us flexibility on the QB search front. If Detroit has Cutler and KC has Cassell...who is taking Stafford? Sure, someone in the top 12 could (San Fran) or someone could trade up, but he could also drop tin our laps...if we wanted him. And even if we had interest in Sanchez, we could grab him at #12 and still have #20 for a defensive talent. OR.....we could pass em both up, sign a FA and go after a QB in 2010.

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
At the very least I would want all there of their first day pick.

DallasChief
03-13-2009, 07:03 PM

I'd be surprised if you could see anything being so far up Cutler's ass. :D

claymore
03-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'd be surprised if you could see anything being so far up Cutler's ass. :D

Walk a mile in my shoes DC. I actually expect to go to the playoffs.

DallasChief
03-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Walk a mile in my shoes DC. I actually expect to go to the playoffs.

So, you want Jake back? I think that was the last QB to take the Broncos to the playoffs. :D

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
A "proven" player that knows how to win

A couple first day picks.

scott.475
03-13-2009, 07:19 PM
A new, new coach...

OrangeHoof
03-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I offered something similar but I will up the ante:

Broncos trade with the Texans.

Texans receive QB Jay Cutler and DE Elvis Dumervil
Broncos receive QB Matt Schaub, WR David Anderson, DT Travis Johnson, Houston's 2009 first-rounder (#15) and Houston's 2009 fourth-rounder.

Why Houston does it? They get a franchise QB to pair with Andre Johnson. Dumervil provides a pass rush the Texans lack opposite Mario Williams.

Why Denver does it? Two extra draft choices, a competant if unspectacular starting QB, a former first-rounder for the d-line and a WR they tried to sign to an offer sheet. As an "undertackle", Johnson's role would be a DE in a 3-4 defense.

While I think Houston gets the better deal, that should be expected as soon as the Broncos state their intention to trade Cutler. It automatically discounts Cutler's value because other teams know they wouldn't be trading Cutler without some reason to do it.
While Cutler is obviously a better QB than Schaub, Schaub may be a better fit for the sort of passing game McDiapers wants to run with short accurate timing passes.

Denver would essentially be unloading a player it no longer seems to want (Cutler) and a player they no longer can use in a 3-4 scheme (Dumervil), so getting two very serviceable players at need positions, a wide receiver they covet and two draft picks is not a bad deal for them.

claymore
03-13-2009, 07:20 PM
So, you want Jake back? I think that was the last QB to take the Broncos to the playoffs. :D

LOL! Hell no!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Broncos receive QB Matt Schaub, WR David Anderson, DT Travis Johnson, Houston's 2009 first-rounder (#15) and Houston's 2009 fourth-rounder.

Why Houston does it? They get a franchise QB to pair with Andre Johnson. Dumervil provides a pass rush the Texans lack opposite Mario Williams.

Why Denver does it? Two extra draft choices, a competant if unspectacular starting QB, a former first-rounder for the d-line and a WR they tried to sign to an offer sheet. As an "undertackle", Johnson's role would be a DE in a 3-4 defense.

While I think Houston gets the better deal, that should be expected as soon as the Broncos state their intention to trade Cutler. It automatically discounts Cutler's value because other teams know they wouldn't be trading Cutler without some reason to do it.
While Cutler is obviously a better QB than Schaub, Schaub may be a better fit for the sort of passing game McDiapers wants to run with short accurate timing passes.

Denver would essentially be unloading a player it no longer seems to want (Cutler) and a player they no longer can use in a 3-4 scheme (Dumervil), so getting two very serviceable players at need positions, a wide receiver they covet and two draft picks is not a bad deal for them.

Nice...as much as I'd like to see Doom get a shot as a pass rushing 3-4 OLB, I could live w/ this.

BroncoAV06
03-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Has there ever been an NFL trade with that many players invovlved? Now if this was the NBA I could see it but to many contracts to work around.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Has there ever been an NFL trade with that many players invovlved? Now if this was the NBA I could see it but to many contracts to work around.

Not many 3 for 2 deals in the NFL, but I'd be willing to bet the $$ is close. Schaub is getting paid, but Cutty is on a top 12 deal.

OrangeHoof
03-13-2009, 07:36 PM
You'd have to face facts that if you deal Cutler, you're going to need a starting NFL QB in return because drafting a QB and starting him right away would be a disaster (see Russell, JaMarcus). You don't want to go to camp with a backup as your #1 either (such as Matt Leinart). Chris Simms? Don't make me laugh.

You need someone who can step in and be "the man" from Day 1. Schaub can do that. You're not going to find any top-flight NFL QBs on the trading block (you can forget Brady, Big Ben, the Mannings, etc. - stop dreaming) so you're going to have to settle for someone less than optimal.

There goes about half your trade value in the QB you get back. Your other alternative is to not get a QB in trade and sign Jeff Garcia. He's about the only available QB on the market I would trust as a starter, at least while the offense is being rebuilt.

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Yeah the Lions were 0-16 who would you suggest we get as proven winner from the them? :pound:

WARHORSE
03-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Which reminds us.........last time you were in the playoffs was............um.........errrrrrr................ ....well......................HHMMMmmmm........... ..lessee...............geezzz..................cou ld it have been.......................gosh its on the tip of my tongue.................I think Im gonna have ta look it up.................wow.............tough one, eh?.......................holy kashmolie................that is just too much......................gimme a minute now..........................sheeeeeeesh!......... .....................cmon War!.............I KNOW this...........................................dam n.

I give up.:coffee:

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM

By far the most realistic offer yet, but we wouldnt be getting back nearly as much talent as we are giving away.... But thats likely the scenario with whoever we trade Cutler with (if we do which is highly doubtful)

Ziggy
03-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I'd take Brady Quinn and Sean Rodgers straight up. I think Quinn can be a very good QB in the right scheme, and Rodgers gives us a legit power player and anchor at NT.

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah the Lions were 0-16 who would you suggest we get as proven winner from the them? :pound:

Last I checked there is 30 other teams to choose from.

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd take Brady Quinn and Sean Rodgers straight up. I think Quinn can be a very good QB in the right scheme, and Rodgers gives us a legit power player and anchor at NT.

Isn't Brady Quinn a "McDaniels" system guy coming from the days of Charlie Weiss?

Look for a HUGE splash come draft day...:laugh:

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I would take Michael Turner and Matt Ryan straight up for Cutler and Champ bailey.

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Isn't Brady Quinn a "McDaniels" system guy coming from the days of Charlie Weiss?

Look for a HUGE splash come draft day...:laugh:

I dont want Quinn as a Denver Bronco when Boulder is as close as it is.

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Last I checked there is 30 other teams to choose from.

Really? :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I actually got kind of excited when I heard the Quinn/Rodgers rumors on the local radio show last week. That was one deal I could have lived with. I rthink Quinn will be plenty good and Rodgers woulda fixed the gaping hole in the middle.

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I would take Michael Turner and Matt Ryan straight up for Cutler and Champ bailey.

Ha ha ...I don't think the Falcons are that dumb.

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Ha ha ...I don't think the Falcons are that dumb.

Thats literally what the local radio station says about Denver right now!

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Thats literally what the local radio station says about Denver right now!

Not the local Denver media.....:laugh:

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I actually got kind of excited when I heard the Quinn/Rodgers rumors on the local radio show last week. That was one deal I could have lived with. I rthink Quinn will be plenty good and Rodgers woulda fixed the gaping hole in the middle.

I'm not so sure about Quinn. IIRC he has always struggled with accuracy.

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Not the local Denver media.....:laugh:

Weird...... All the callers hosts etc are saying 2 # ones for Cutler. I was on the show yesterday as a caller, and today I broke the story of Cutler selling his house.

Im a big deal here over this. :D

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not so sure about Quinn. IIRC he has always struggled with accuracy.

And his sexuality. :D

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Weird...... All the callers hosts etc are saying 2 # ones for Cutler. I was on the show yesterday as a caller, and today I broke the story of Cutler selling his house.

Im a big deal here over this. :D

Monday, tune into 104.3 the fan....they are online....its interesting to hear the talk show hosts talk about Jay, and the fans call in and talk about him as well. Today is was like a comedy show talking about Jay. He is not very well liked locally.

I am starting to believe that all the Cutler fans on this board are in the minority with the rest of us based on all of the people calling in.

dogfish
03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
i want scarlett johansson, otherwise no deal. . . .

and i'd probably give up a 3rd to not have brady queen on the team. . . .

OrangeHoof
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I dont want Quinn as a Denver Bronco when Boulder is as close as it is.

I give up. What does Quinn have to do with Boulder? :confused:

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Monday, tune into 104.3 the fan....they are online....its interesting to hear the talk show hosts talk about Jay, and the fans call in and talk about him as well. Today is was like a comedy show talking about Jay. He is not very well liked locally.

I am starting to believe that all the Cutler fans on this board are in the minority with the rest of us based on all of the people calling in.

Seriously? Wow!

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I give up. What does Quinn have to do with Boulder? :confused:

Quinn is a flaming homosexual.

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Quinn is a flaming homosexual.

How do you know this?

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:32 PM
How do you know this?

http://sportscomplex.blogs.citypaper.net/blogs/mu/files/2009/01/bradyquinn.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/yipesbrady.jpg
http://www.bradyquinnonline.com/images/bradyquinn-1.jpg

Broncospsycho77
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Well... statistically... call-in talk shows hardly represent the majority.

Because it's a volunteer-oriented, people who are passionate or have extreme opinions about an issue are more likely to volunteer than those who have either indifferent or tied opinions. Sure, some will call in like that, but one can't let a call-in-show proportionally represent the whole.

I'm not saying you're wrong... just pointing out that The Fan's opinions aren't representative of everyone...

/mathrant

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 08:37 PM
i want scarlett johansson, otherwise no deal. . . .

and i'd probably give up a 3rd to not have brady queen on the team. . . .

We need football players not wrestlers. ;)

Broncospsycho77
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Brady Quinn's not gay.

Broncogator
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Hmmmm, what would I trade for Cutler??? I know, I'll keep Jay and give you a big box of SHUT THE FUK UP!!! :coffee:

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Brady Quinn's not gay.

:rolleyes:

Seriously?

Broncospsycho77
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Seriously?

I actually live in the town where he graduated from high school... he went to my Catholic church. He's one of God's children, Clay.

(No, you can't make a gay priest joke. Statistically there are more molesters on the Protestant side of Christianity, no offense.)

:shrug:

claymore
03-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I actually live in the town where he graduated from high school... he went to my Catholic church. He's one of God's children, Clay.

(No, you can't make a gay priest joke. Statistically there are more molesters on the Protestant side of Christianity, no offense.)

:shrug:
He lets non Doctor men touch his wedding tackle, and poses for pictures. Even mormons call that gay.

Broncogator
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
He lets non Doctor men touch his wedding tackle, and poses for pictures. Even mormons call that gay.

And the reason Winslow got traded was Brady trying to touch him is his "Special No-No place" too many times...:tsk:

Broncospsycho77
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Probably just lost a bet or something... I can't defend that.

But he's not gay.

DallasChief
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Which reminds us.........last time you were in the playoffs was............um.........errrrrrr................ ....well......................HHMMMmmmm........... ..lessee...............geezzz..................cou ld it have been.......................gosh its on the tip of my tongue.................I think Im gonna have ta look it up.................wow.............tough one, eh?.......................holy kashmolie................that is just too much......................gimme a minute now..........................sheeeeeeesh!......... .....................cmon War!.............I KNOW this...........................................dam n.

I give up.:coffee:

Well, the Chiefs have been to the playoffs more recently then the Broncos. Herm the Sperm actually got the Chiefs there his first season with the Chiefs.

I'll go ahead and save you the keystrokes about the last time the Chiefs actually won in the playoff.

Foochacho
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
http://sportscomplex.blogs.citypaper.net/blogs/mu/files/2009/01/bradyquinn.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/yipesbrady.jpg
http://www.bradyquinnonline.com/images/bradyquinn-1.jpg

I had to put burn cream on my eyes after seeing these photos. Flaming Homo :flame:

Northman
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Right now i would still go for Vikings #2, One of the Williams, and their #1 next year.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-15-2009, 03:32 PM
A number one and three this year, and a future first.

claymore
03-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I would do it to cure Brett Favres Autisim.

nthngd2say
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Not sure how realistic this is as this trade is off the top of my head and its just for the sake of the thread but:

Denver trades Cutler & Marshall to Carolina
Carolina trades Delhomme & Peppers to Denver

I know Delhomme has his issues and is no Cutler but a vet QB and Peppers right now works for me. I have no idea the cap figures involved though and Carolina might not be interested in Marshall. I'd rather keep both players although they have both become headaches. Carolina probably should through us a 3rd or 4th also but I have no clue what B Marsh's value would be not knowing what his suspension will be.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Talentwise...I wouldn't be upset...it's the ages of the incoming guys that would bother me.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Another thread listed the Titans as a possible location. That would be interesting. I'd take VY and 2 #1s. I'm not a huge VY guy, but think he can do some things.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 07:33 PM

Its stupid to trade a 25 year old, Pro Bowl Quarterback who hasnt even reached the potential that he has.

But for the sake of this thread...I want Peyton Manning and the Colts first round pick for Cutler :coffee:

ursak
03-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Send Cutler & Scheffler to Cleveland for Quinn & Shaun Rogers + maybe something like a 2nd or 3rd round or swap picks...

claymore
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Another thread listed the Titans as a possible location. That would be interesting. I'd take VY and 2 #1s. I'm not a huge VY guy, but think he can do some things.

Yeah, he solves our running back issue.

slim
03-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Dude, VY is not a QB. He is now sitting behind Collins. He will be out of the league in 3 years (unless he changes positions).

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Send Cutler & Scheffler to Cleveland for Quinn & Shaun Rogers + maybe something like a 2nd or 3rd round or swap picks...

Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady Quinn :coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Give me Detroit's #20 pick, their 2nd round pick and next years 2nd round pick and I would be good.

Rebuild the defense, change the design of the team, and try and draft the QB of the future next year.

ursak
03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady Quinn :coffee:

i totally agree but i'd rather have Quinn than a veteran QB, or Simms, or a drafted one.
i think that Quinn could do "well" in McD's system...

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 08:00 PM
i totally agree but i'd rather have Quinn than a veteran QB, or Simms, or a drafted one.

I would rather have Cutler over any of the scrubs you mentioned...heck I'd rather have Cutler over every QB in the league except Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

How does that make sense to get rid of our QB if we arent getting an even better QB in return? It just makes no sense.....

BigDaddyBronco
03-15-2009, 08:02 PM

That would be a great trade, but for some reason I don't think it will happen. Two hardest positions to find good players is QB and NT. Quinn is a step down in the QB dept, but we can't get better than Shaun Rogers with what is available right now (Raji included).

ursak
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
I would rather have Cutler over any of the scrubs you mentioned...heck I'd rather have Cutler over every QB in the league except Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

How does that make sense to get rid of our QB if we arent getting an even better QB in return? It just makes no sense.....

yes, me too but it doesn't seem that Cutler wants to play for us anymore!
we cant have a better QB in return but we can maybe try to have a beter overall team in return

Watchthemiddle
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
we cant have a better QB in return but we can maybe try to have a beter overall team in return

:beer:

In the end that's what matters the most.

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM

That still doesnt make sense.

Getting rid of a Pro Bowl quarterback who has the potential to replace Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in a few years as the best Quarterback in the NFL.....and getting a scrub in return? that makes us a better team?

I must revisit my logic...

ursak
03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
That still doesnt make sense.

Getting rid of a Pro Bowl quarterback who has the potential to replace Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in a few years as the best Quarterback in the NFL.....and getting a scrub in return? that makes us a better team?

I must revisit my logic...

we were a better football team with Jake Plummer as our starting QB... if we can grab someone to help our defense too...
and we still don't know how Jay would perform in the new system, _neither Quinn, ok.
the thing is that Jay is now unhappy, every team is aware of that, i'm afraid his value will go down if we have to trade him

getlynched47
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
we were a better football team with Jake Plummer as our starting QB... if we can grab someone to help our defense too...
and we still don't know how Jay would perform in the new system, _neither Quinn, ok.
the thing is that Jay is now unhappy, every team is aware of that, i'm afraid his value will go down if we have to trade him

It wasnt Jay Cutler's fault that our defense went to shit when he took over as the Quarterback.

Jay Cutler will be fine in this system. He has the mental ability to crack it down...and a nice addition is that he has all of the physical tools as well.

The only problem here, like you said, is that Jay Cutler is unhappy. But that doesnt mean that we should give up on a future star Quarterback.

He's unhappy...big whoop...he'll get over it when we win 9+ games this season.

ursak
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
It wasnt Jay Cutler's fault that our defense went to shit when he took over as the Quarterback.

Jay Cutler will be fine in this system. He has the mental ability to crack it down...and a nice addition is that he has all of the physical tools as well.

The only problem here, like you said, is that Jay Cutler is unhappy. But that doesnt mean that we should give up on a future star Quarterback.

He's unhappy...big whoop...he'll get over it when we win 9+ games this season.

i hope so!!!! :salute:
GO BRONCOS

broncophan
03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
a couple first round draft picks would be nice.....but if we don't trade him soon we won't even get that.....his value is dropping the longer this mess goes on...

bullis26
03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
we wont win 9 games this year...have you seen our schedule, its brutaul.... but i would really like to get rid of this baby now, i would like to trade him for brady quinn shaun rodgers, and swap 1st round pick, or a second or a third

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
we wont win 9 games this year...have you seen our schedule, its brutaul.... but i would really like to get rid of this baby now, i would like to trade him for brady quinn shaun rodgers, and swap 1st round pick, or a second or a third

That's one of the better scenarios I've seen.

bullis26
03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
That's one of the better scenarios I've seen.

yeah but realistically i think we could only get quinn, rodgers, and a third...rodgers wants out, CLE has ab issues, and denver has a baby

Broncospsycho77
03-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I doubt we could get Quinn... they'd try to sell Anderson, I'd imagine.

But that's one of the better scenarios for sure.

bullis26
03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I doubt we could get Quinn... they'd try to sell Anderson, I'd imagine.

But that's one of the better scenarios for sure.

i think quinn is a possibilty cutler is proven and he's only been in the league a year longer, so i think quinn is definately a possibility but i'd be happy with a quinn and rodgers alone deal

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
From their perspective, if Cutler was being offered to them, I would take it. He would be the immediate starter and they could trade Anderson to who ever needs a QB. Rogers would be nice. Big body that qualifies for the NT the Broncos are looking for.

skycoyote
03-15-2009, 11:06 PM

McD's system? McD isn't going to be here in 2 years.

bullis26
03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
McD's system? McD isn't going to be here in 2 years.

oh really? well than if he's not why is bowlen taking his side over cutlers? i think your talking out of your ass sir.... but we're all entitled to our own opinions and i suppose thats yours

sneakers
03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
The rights to Michael Vick

:lol:

bullis26
03-16-2009, 12:01 AM
The rights to Michael Vick

:lol:

i honestly wouldnt mind MV#7 if he restucted his contact but not for Jay for maybe a 7th rd pick.... or if he's a FA

bcbronc
03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
i honestly wouldnt mind MV#7 if he restucted his contact but not for Jay for maybe a 7th rd pick.... or if he's a FA

I don't think there could be a poorer fit for McD's system than Vick.

Shazam!
03-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Vick? You gotta be ****ing kidding. Denver will never stoop so low as getting a convicted felon piece of trash to play QB.

atwater27
03-16-2009, 01:34 AM

**** that. Trade McDaniels back for Shanny

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Cutler our 3rd and 6th to Cleveland

We get:

Quinn
Rogers
Their 2nd

McDaniels has said they don't want picks for Jay...so I think this would work as far as players go.

This also might be our opportunity to get Peppers.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Why should we throw anything other than Cutler into a trade? Stop this Madden bullshit right now.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Why should we throw anything other than Cutler into a trade? Stop this Madden bullshit right now.

Because regardless of the pedastal that fans put Cutler on, the GM's and coaches around the league might see him as a whiny risk-taker. If he is what he appears to be, would you want to invest the future on him?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Because regardless of the pedastal that fans put Cutler on, the GM's and coaches around the league might see him as a whiny risk-taker. If he is what he appears to be, would you want to invest the future on him?

That'd be a reason to devalue Cutler's compensation from another team, not for us to have to "up" our end of the bargain. I'd just like to make it easy. "What can we get for Jay Cutler?" Not. . . "What can we get with Jay Cutler, our third and sixth rounder. . ." -- I mean, **** Chaz. Really?

Even despite Cutler's attitude and all this, teams will be interested in him.

Who do you want? A 25 year old quarterbacks with their best football (I assume) ahead of them who made the Pro-Bowl and tossed for 4,500 yards last year and has already become somewhat of a commodity in the league. . . or spending your first-rounder on a quarterback?

I think it's simple. Teams like Detroit and Tampa Bay, (moreso Tampa Bay) would like to win now. It's possible with a rookie QB, but I have a feeling that they'd rather get a guy like Jay than "risk" drafting Stafford, Freeman or Sanchez early on. Then again, that's just me.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
That'd be a reason to devalue Cutler's compensation from another team, not for us to have to "up" our end of the bargain. I'd just like to make it easy. "What can we get for Jay Cutler?" Not. . . "What can we get with Jay Cutler, our third and sixth rounder. . ." -- I mean, **** Chaz. Really?

Even despite Cutler's attitude and all this, teams will be interested in him.

Who do you want? A 25 year old quarterbacks with their best football (I assume) ahead of them who made the Pro-Bowl and tossed for 4,500 yards last year and has already become somewhat of a commodity in the league. . . or spending your first-rounder on a quarterback?

I think it's simple. Teams like Detroit and Tampa Bay, (moreso Tampa Bay) would like to win now. It's possible with a rookie QB, but I have a feeling that they'd rather get a guy like Jay than "risk" drafting Stafford, Freeman or Sanchez early on. Then again, that's just me.

But look at it from the standpoint of another team with no love or investment in the Broncos. Based on all this, would you give up a 1st for Cutler? If you are Detroit or another weak team in need of a QB and Cutler turns out to be what he looks like, then you could set your team back another 5 years or so.

I just dont think the rest of the NFL puts the same value on Cutler that Denver fans do.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
But look at it from the standpoint of another team with no love or investment in the Broncos. Based on all this, would you give up a 1st for Cutler? If you are Detroit or another weak team in need of a QB and Cutler turns out to be what he looks like, then you could set your team back another 5 years or so.

I just dont think the rest of the NFL puts the same value on Cutler that Denver fans do.

C'mon Chaz, he is still a Pro-bowler with a great arm and threw for 4500 yards last year. He is a somewhat proven commodity compared to undrafted guys who would cost a 1st round pick or high second round pick. The only reason they wouldn't give up a 1st is because they are trying to "get over" on Denver.

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Yea you're right...Cleveland would give up Quinn and Rogers straight up for Cutler. :rolleyes:

I want players and a potential good QB and great NT would be worth adding picks with Cutler. We have two sixths so I threw one in for good measure. And we would get a second back.

You add picks to make it look like a better deal for both teams. People talking about giving up Cutler an getting 3 day 1 picks and a first next year are smoking dope.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:11 AM
C'mon Chaz, he is still a Pro-bowler with a great arm and threw for 4500 yards last year. He is a somewhat proven commodity compared to undrafted guys who would cost a 1st round pick or high second round pick. The only reason they wouldn't give up a 1st is because they are trying to "get over" on Denver.

Fair enough, but the argument can be legitimately made that others deserved to be in the Pro-Bowl ahead of him and that the 4500 yards was the result of the offense having no choice but to pass. Brees does it every year with a weak arm. Would you give up a first for Drew Brees? Didnt think so.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Reports were showing that Detroit was willing to give up more than a first-rounder for Jay Cutler, as well as Tampa Bay. Yes, I'm willing to bet teams are. Actually, I guarantee it.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Fair enough, but the argument can be legitimately made that others deserved to be in the Pro-Bowl ahead of him and that the 4500 yards was the result of the offense having no choice but to pass. Brees does it every year with a weak arm. Would you give up a first for Drew Brees? Didnt think so.
Right now I might. :D

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Reports were showing that Detroit was willing to give up more than a first-rounder for Jay Cutler, as well as Tampa Bay. Yes, I'm willing to bet teams are. Actually, I guarantee it.

I'm not saying it wont happen...I'm just saying I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt. Regardless of what McD says, I say if we find someone willing to give up a #1 for him, we should jump on it at this point

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

Granted, the situation has changed now that Jay has asked to be traded, but you cant expect them to pull the trigger on draft picks alone.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2009, 09:20 AM
That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [Saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve. I think most people [in the NFL] feel the same way. You make smart, educated decisions that are best for your football team."

Granted, the situation has changed now that Jay has asked to be traded, but you cant expect them to pull the trigger on draft picks alone.

Why not? Like you said the situation has changed now.

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Peppers doesn't want to play in Carolina and has repeatedly asked for a trade, but you dont see them dumping him for less than what they want. On the contrary, they are going to pay him $13+mil in 2009.

Even if Cutler wants out, I dont think they trade him unless they get exactly what they want and that is a QB they can work with. They wont trade him for a 1st rounder and waste the pick on the small selection of QBs this year.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I hope we don't trade Cutler but after the demand to be traded I bet the phones are ringing today and I bet it builds up steam leading up to the draft. No point in rushing a deal at this point, Denver should sit back and try and work things out with Cutler or let teams compete to outbid each other for Cutler.

If we do trade him I'd hope we would receive a young franchise QB in return PLUS picks are a defensive starter to boot. I like the LRtagger Cleveland trade scenario the best in which we get Quinn and Rodgers.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Peppers doesn't want to play in Carolina and has repeatedly asked for a trade, but you dont see them dumping him for less than what they want. On the contrary, they are going to pay him $13+mil in 2009.

Even if Cutler wants out, I dont think they trade him unless they get exactly what they want and that is a QB they can work with. They wont trade him for a 1st rounder and waste the pick on the small selection of QBs this year.

I say keep Cutler for a year and draft a guy like McGee or Bomar in a mid round. Work him with the offense and see if he's the type you think can run the system, then deal Cutler in the off-season.

If we actively pursue a trade, we wont get the same value because we are then a seller more than other teams being a buyer.

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
I say keep Cutler for a year and draft a guy like McGee or Bomar in a mid round. Work him with the offense and see if he's the type you think can run the system, then deal Cutler in the off-season.

If we actively pursue a trade, we wont get the same value because we are then a seller more than other teams being a buyer.

Yep. I think we still sit on it and let other teams come to us.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Other teams have already came for us. Trade him now. Value won't increase if he sits for a ******* year.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Other teams have already came for us. Trade him now. Value won't increase if he sits for a ******* year.

If he decides to sit for a year, he truly is an idiot

LRtagger
03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
If he is on the roster, he will be playing.

OB
03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I heard a rumor about Brady Quinn plus their (cle) #5 overall pick for Cutler?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd drive up to cleveland myself to help Brady pack his bags.

bullis26
03-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I heard a rumor about Brady Quinn plus their (cle) #5 overall pick for Cutler?

id prefer shaun rodgers over the #5, plus get a later rd selection

bullis26
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM

i like bomar but id prefer to get pat white, we'd have to take him earlier, but white is the best spread QB in this draft

EMB6903
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM

he wont sit out, He said he will attend every mandatory meeting, and obviously attend games.... I say keep him and hope he and Mcdaniels can work things out while actually working together..

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 04:35 AM
he wont sit out, He said he will attend every mandatory meeting, and obviously attend games.... I say keep him and hope he and Mcdaniels can work things out while actually working together..

He also said he would. There today and he plays for his teammates. Wonder what his next excuse will be.

JKcatch724
03-17-2009, 04:48 AM
I'd drive up to cleveland myself to help Brady pack his bags.

I'd drive up to Cleveland myself and take a baseball bat to Brady's knees. If we somehow end up with that queen after all of this I would consider jumping ship.

omac
03-17-2009, 04:51 AM
For the Broncos sake, I like the deals involving Brady Quinn to Denver. Like Cutler, Quinn works and studies hard. Also like Cutler, his offense plays hard for him and has confidence in him. He may not have Cutler's arm, but he has the same kind of poise. McDaniels will like him even more, since Quinn is more of a conservative, checkdown QB; he doesn't like taking much risks. Bowlen will like him, because he's been trained well since his college days in handling questions from the press, since he was a high profile athlete from Notre Dame.

For Cutler's sake, I'd like to see him go to Chicago, Detroit, or maybe Minnesota. I don't think Tampa really knows what they're doing.

The best scenario would be for Denver to trade McDaniels to the Chiefs for Haley; that way, Pioli gets the coach he wants in McDaniels, McDaniels gets the QB he wants in Cassel, and we get to have a coach in Haley who knows offensively how to maximize the talent he has on the field.

omac
03-17-2009, 07:08 AM
BTW, here's some short commentary from NFL network on Cutler's value, and just how good is Jay Cutler. They try to rate him against other QBs, and break down film on his assets.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f4a9eb

Zweems56
03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
I'd drive up to Cleveland myself and take a baseball bat to Brady's knees. If we somehow end up with that queen after all of this I would consider jumping ship.

Are you attempting to receive the highest amount of neg reps in a 5 second span for douchebaggery in the history of the board?

Dirk
03-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Good vid Omac. It does show the value of Jay.

As far as the Cleveland trade goes, I wouldn't bat an eye trading Jay for Quinn and Rogers. Instant upgrade to the D and a very intelligent QB.

The more I keep thinking about the Jay situation, if he doesn't want to be here, ship him out. He is competative enough to play hard, but if he doesn't want to play for Coach McD, he probably won't play at the level he is capable of.

Thnikkaman
03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
If he gets his demands, I would hope he lands in Detroit where he never ever ever ever gets a taste of the post season. I am convinced that if he can't make amends in Denver that he is just in it for the bling.

omac
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
If he gets his demands, I would hope he lands in Detroit where he never ever ever ever gets a taste of the post season. I am convinced that if he can't make amends in Denver that he is just in it for the bling.

Detroit has Schwartz as their head coach, who's been the Titan's DC since 2001, and we all know how consistent the Titans have been on defense, an experienced DC in Cunningham, and an experienced OC in Linehan. They also have Calvin Johnson who has the makings of a superstar, and solid (but not great), effective, non-injury prone RBs in Smith and Morris. Smith had a pretty decent rookie year. They also have Bryant Johnson, who will at worst be decent. Don't like Gosder Cherilus, but who knows, he might turn out good.

This team might not be as bad people expect them to be.

weazel
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
what would I want for Cutler? I would want a pacifier for Cutler, he seems to need it.

Northman
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Detroit has Schwartz as their head coach, who's been the Titan's DC since 2001, and we all know how consistent the Titans have been on defense, an experienced DC in Cunningham, and an experienced OC in Linehan. They also have Calvin Johnson who has the makings of a superstar, and solid (but not great), effective, non-injury prone RBs in Smith and Morris. Smith had a pretty decent rookie year. They also have Bryant Johnson, who will at worst be decent. Don't like Gosder Cherilus, but who knows, he might turn out good.

This team might not be as bad people expect them to be.

Ive been saying that the last 4 years. Problem is, the Lions have continued to underachieve every year. Schwartz may turn them around and a QB like Jay could go a long way for them but if they continue to struggle and Jay doesnt play well i can see Jay having another meltdown out there should things turn bad to worse.

CoachChaz
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, the Lions probably shouldnt have been as bad as they've seemed for quite a few years, but they always seem to accomplish that.

weazel
03-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Im using your avy!

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
So... this seems like the closest thread to this question. Can anyone tell me why the same analysts who write columns with titles like "Leinart: time to call him a bust?" are now saying that trading him for Jay Cutler would be a good deal for both sides?

claymore
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
So... this seems like the closest thread to this question. Can anyone tell me why the same analysts who write columns with titles like "Leinart: time to call him a bust?" are now saying that trading him for Jay Cutler would be a good deal for both sides?

LOL..... I want to cry.

weazel
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
so... This seems like the closest thread to this question. Can anyone tell me why the same analysts who write columns with titles like "leinart: Time to call him a bust?" are now saying that trading him for jay cutler would be a good deal for both sides?

nooooo!

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Lions #1, #20, and #1 next year

I say let the bidding war begin and see where it leads.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 11:56 AM

Because the casual sports fan just laps up their tripe. Its all about the money.

claymore
03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I say we put McDaniels on the Block. He is worth a 5th at least.

Dirk
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I say we put McDaniels on the Block. He is worth a 5th at least.

I don't care who you are...that's funny! :lol:

Dirk
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Now back to subject. I still think that Jay has great marketability. Even with his percieved/actual childish behavior.

He is very competative, has a great arm, smart and young. Any team that is looking for a franchise QB and has a coach that can actually coach him not only on the field but as a person should jump on getting Jay.

The Lions as mentioned by a couple of you, have a lot of pieces in place to be good. They have lacked good leadership on the sidelines and on the field. I think the coaching staff is in place to make them better and if Jay were to go there would instantly boost the confidence level of the other players.

That being said, I would still rather see something like Jay for Quinn and Rogers from Cleveland.

A first round pick for Jay is crazy this year. None of the rookie QBs can step in and fill Jay's shoes. Neither can Chris Simms (albeit he isn't awful). Quinn I have a feeling would come in and fill Jay's shoes just fine in a spread offense.

But if Denver isn't going to trade him....McD and Jay need to get together have some green beer tonight and hash this **** out now!

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't care who you are...that's funny! :lol:

Which part? Putting McD on the block or that he is worth a 5th :lol:

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
If you package Jay and Tony together that ups both of their values being friends and having worked together.

claymore
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
If you package Jay and Tony together that ups both of their values being friends and having worked together.

Your not helping.

MadMax
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM

Shoot, as the receiving team I would throw in a draft pick not to get Scheffler, because as soon as I decide to trade him or not resign him, my new franchise QB is going to throw a fit and quit yet another team.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Your not helping.

I think trading Jay is going to set us back years but if they cant get him onboard we better get some serious shit in return.

I just dont see anyway at this point McDoogie and Jay are going to work together and Pat aint going to can McDoogie.

I guess I'm of the opinon that we need to rape someone of draft picks/players while we can.

omac
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Ive been saying that the last 4 years. Problem is, the Lions have continued to underachieve every year. Schwartz may turn them around and a QB like Jay could go a long way for them but if they continue to struggle and Jay doesnt play well i can see Jay having another meltdown out there should things turn bad to worse.

Jay's "meltdown" has to do with what he perceives as the trust element of the coach-QB relationship violated by McDaniels. He's played for bad teams before; Vandy was like the Detroit Lions of the SEC, and he still excelled there. Until this McDaniels incident, Jay hasn't done anything but work hard and obey his coaches, and not just in the NFL.

But you're right, the Lions have continued to underachieve. They have a new GM and new coach, so maybe they won't make the same stupid mistakes. They look like they have a definite plan on how they want to build this team .....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-15-pompei-inside-nfl-mar15,0,3289754.column

The philosophy "sounds" good, hehehe. :D

JONtheBRONCO
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Jay to Carolina for Peppers and a 3rd... Draft Sanchez at 12...

claymore
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I think trading Jay is going to set us back years but if they cant get him onboard we better get some serious shit in return.

I just dont see anyway at this point McDoogie and Jay are going to work together and Pat aint going to can McDoogie.

I guess I'm of the opinon that we need to rape someone of draft picks/players while we can.

We can always package Gaffney, Paxton, and Mcdaniels and probably be better off. Never forget that.

Dirk
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Jay to Carolina for Peppers and a 3rd... Draft Sanchez at 12...

Outside of grabbing Peppers out from underneath Bellicheat (for spite reasons). No thanks....and no thanks to Sanchez all the way around.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Outside of grabbing Peppers out from underneath Bellicheat (for spite reasons). No thanks....and no thanks to Sanchez all the way around.

Will Sanchez even be on the board at #12???

In Simms we trust :shocked:

Dirk
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Will Sanchez even be on the board at #12???

In Simms we trust :shocked:

I think Sanchez will be there. He has a lot of upside, but his downsides are: only 6'2"ish, has trouble with the deep ball, gets flustered if rushed, makes bad decisions.

Besides the fact that he was accused of sexually assualting a woman but there wasn't sufficient evidence. So no thanks to Sanchez.

Broncospsycho77
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
It's a Jeff Garcia kind of year.

Dortoh
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I think Sanchez will be there. He has a lot of upside, but his downsides are: only 6'2"ish, has trouble with the deep ball, gets flustered if rushed, makes bad decisions.

Besides the fact that he was accused of sexually assualting a woman but there wasn't sufficient evidence. So no thanks to Sanchez.

Odd he sounds like a short Jake Plummer :laugh:

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't think we need a QB this year as a priority if Cutler's traded. This could almost be a good thing for Jay. We're probably not going to be very good next year regardless, considering all the factors and he has an opportunity to get a fresh start elsewhere, as do we.

I would wanna move him for an opportunity to get Bradford next year. By then our defense will be closer to the 3-4 and we'll have a QB that won't have as much pressure in breaking into the system like this year.

bullis26
03-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't think we need a QB this year as a priority if Cutler's traded. This could almost be a good thing for Jay. We're probably not going to be very good next year regardless, considering all the factors and he has an opportunity to get a fresh start elsewhere, as do we.

I would wanna move him for an opportunity to get Bradford next year. By then our defense will be closer to the 3-4 and we'll have a QB that won't have as much pressure in breaking into the system like this year.

Bradford will more than likely be the top pick, we wont be THAT bad.... i'd rather take Pat White this year, even if that means using a second on him

atwater27
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
All the 1st round QB prospects to me look like busts.

bullis26
03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
All the 1st round QB prospects to me look like busts.

this years? yes definately

i think white will be great in a spread offense, but if he doesnt work out he brings a lot to the table..... wildcat, WR, KR

I think he'll pan out though in a spread

gnomeflinger
03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I would trade West and King for Cutler. Oh, and toss in Dortoh too. :D