PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Gets DUI

Ziggy
02-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno was arrested last week on drunken driving charges in Denver.

The arrest was first reported by KDVR on Monday.

The Broncos issued a statement acknowledging the arrest of the former first-round draft pick.

"We take the incident involving Knowshon Moreno very seriously, and are thoroughly reviewing this matter," the statement read. "Our organization will continue to gather information and closely monitor this issue while the legal process takes it course."

According to KDVR, Moreno was pulled over on Feb. 1 while driving a Bentley at 70 mph on Interstate 25 near Quincy Ave. The posted speed limit in the area — a construction zone — is 45 mph. The television station reported that police gave Moreno a breath test and a field sobriety test, and took Moreno to a detox facility.

The personalized license plate on the car read "SAUCED," according to the report.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19905845

Really?

wayninja
02-06-2012, 07:41 PM
It's sorta a tradition around here. Knowmo is no mo'.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, I guess we'll really be in the market for a RB...

spikerman
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
He was probably actually sober, but he tripped and fell over the white line on the road.

Nomad
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
:tsk:I just can't understand why these highly paid players can't call a cab or have a DD.

I read that Aldon Smith got a DUI in Miami.

Ziggy
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I heard he tore his achilles trying to walk in a straight line.

Jsteve01
02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
what a waste. Im done with that kid.

D1g1tal j1m
02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
He was asking to be pulled over with a plate that spelled out his crime.

Guess we are drafting a RB to fill the roster spot left by this former Bronco, hope he gets the help he needs....

LTC Pain
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Dumbass!

TheReverend
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Little known fact: he got pulled over because the car was only swerving laterally and never up the road.

camdisco24
02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Wow... please get this kid out of town. I was sorta kinda trying to justify keeping him... but now? No way. What an idiot.

Medford Bronco
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19905845

Really?

I am surprised he did not fumble the give of his license to the police officer

or pull a muscle bending down to pick up his registration

Dzone
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
He was going East to West on a North-South road. Get rid of this waste of a roster spot. Another Mcdaniels waste of a draft pick

Driving a Bentley and the idiot cant afford a driver? Reminds of the night carmelo anthony got a dui after a game. How many ways can you spell STUPID?

I guess one way to spell stupid is S-A-U-C-E-D. Pick up the clue phone sparky!!!!

topscribe
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL!! As I was reading this thread, the ad below it read, "Fighting a DUI charge?" ROTF!! :lol:

-----

Tned
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
You guys are brutal!!

Buff
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
The personalized license plate on the car read "SAUCED," according to the report.

Why not just get a plate that says "DUI PLZ" ??

Buff
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I honestly wonder if his career is over.

He was destined to get cut before he tore his ACL. Now he's a guy with below average speed and mediocre production coming off a serious knee injury with a pending suspension.

Slick
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
This is the first time Knowshon's been in any sort of trouble off the field, right?

Tned is right, you guys are brutal.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dapper Dan
02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
From the story, he seems like he was driving fine I usually go about 10 over. Too bad it was a construction zone. Unless he was swerving, they definitily didn't hold back by giving him reckless driving on top of it. I wonder how many of these DUIs are from the guys blowing one or two points over the legal limit. They usually don't go into details. If he had 3 drinks instead of 2, I won't be so harsh about it. If he was completely wasted, I'd bash him.

I don't think these guys ever get a free pass, like maybe they would have in the 70's or 80's. Making $5 million a year, the PD won't hold back. Easy money for funding.

camdisco24
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
This is the first time Knowshon's been in any sort of trouble off the field, right?

Tned is right, you guys are brutal.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I think this has less to do with the DUI and more to do with it being the final straw. The guy was already on thin ice with a lot of fans and this DUI certainly doesn't help his case or make it easy to defend him.

Dapper Dan
02-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I think this has less to do with the DUI and more to do with it being the final straw. The guy was already on thin ice with a lot of fans and this DUI certainly doesn't help his case or make it easy to defend him.

So, people are being biased because they are unhappy with his on-field play?

capt. Jack
02-06-2012, 08:40 PM
:tsk:I just can't understand why these highly paid players can't call a cab or have a DD.

I read that Aldon Smith got a DUI in Miami.

I agree with you, He has to make alot of clams, He should be able to hire a driver?

bcbronc
02-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Getting a DUI seemed to improve DJ's on field Performance so who knows.

Dapper Dan
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I agree with you, He has to make alot of clams, He should be able to hire a driver?

...I need a job. Just throwing that out there. Just in case there are pro athletes on the boards, I guess. :D

Tned
02-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I honestly wonder if his career is over.

He was destined to get cut before he tore his ACL. Now he's a guy with below average speed and mediocre production coming off a serious knee injury with a pending suspension.

But, other than those things, he's still got a lot of upside and was a hell of a number one pick.

Why did I just get a vision of the Geico commercial.

O-r-a-k-p-o-e-d

Yep, the Broncos got Orakpoed!

Tned
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Getting a DUI seemed to improve DJ's on field Performance so who knows.

True, all we have to do is move Moreno to weak side linebacker, like DJ (DJ's natural position) and I'm sure he'll have a great year as well.

Canmore
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM

I don't think anyone is biased. Moreno doesn't produce as expected by most and he can't stay healthy. Now he has legal problems. I was expecting him to get cut or traded before this incident. This pretty much confirms it for me.

camdisco24
02-06-2012, 08:56 PM

I don't think bias is the right word... I would say they are not letting it slide as easy.

That being said, I think driving drunk is one of the most selfish things any human could do, so from that standpoint, I am DEF being bias. John Elway could get a DUI and I would be railing on him too. Would I be calling for him to be fired? No... But he has proven himself on the job so I would direct my disappointment to him as a person instead.

Knowshon was on thin ice and he just broke it IMO.

rationalfan
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
[/QUOTE]
. The guy was already on thin ice with a lot of fans and this DUI certainly doesn't help his case or make it easy to defend him.[/QUOTE]

Good thing the fans don't make roster decisions.

OrangeHoof
02-06-2012, 09:22 PM
No sweat folks. Tim Tebow will just testify on Knosho's behalf.

"Your honor, I practice with him every day and I can say those wheels don't go above 45."

Better than a station wagon full of nuns.

OrangeHoof
02-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Was Moreno possibly dating a chick named "Saucedo"?

Dapper Dan
02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
So we should cut him just like we should have cut DJ?

Krugan
02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Better ship DJ "im a DUI magnet" outta town too, that kid seems forever to be in trouble....

The double standard around here is ******* amazing...

BeefStew25
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
He is innocent until proven guilty.

Canmore
02-06-2012, 10:43 PM
He is innocent until proven guilty.

He blew over the limit. By how much, I'd like to know.

Your avy is so creepy.

sneakers
02-06-2012, 10:44 PM
I miss the good ole days in the 70s and 80s where Athletes were above the law....

wayninja
02-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Agree with sneakers. If you are young, athletic and rich you should be able to blow through construction zones at almost double the speed limit in your convertible bentley no matter how much you've had to drink. This is outrageous.

PAINTERDAVE
02-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Or what about this novel idea...

If you are driving.. just dont drink?

Dzone
02-07-2012, 12:40 AM
He shouldnt be drinking anyway.
This kid has some bad karma or something...we should get rid of it..its bad Fenshui
lol

G_Money
02-07-2012, 12:45 AM
We are so cutting that jack-tard.

~G

G_Money
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM

I would have traded DJ, not cut him...but yes.

Move Moreno on. No one will trade for him, he's no hit against the salary cap at this point. Kneecap him (though that's hardly necessary, he'll do it to himself if he runs a wind sprint), throw him in a trunk and stuff him next to Hoffa.

~G

BeefStew25
02-07-2012, 12:58 AM
I suppose he would be a dude to make an example out of. He will be kind of cheap next year, but I don't like him because he reeks of entitlement and cognac.

G_Money
02-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Cheap like a 1976 pinto isn't something we can use.

Can't even set it on fire for insurance money.

~G

BeefStew25
02-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Cheap like a 1976 pinto isn't something we can use.

Can't even set it on fire for insurance money.

~G

Good point. I guess I can argue I am cheap also. I mean, I am about the same height and weight as Gronkowski, right?

:shocked:

DenBronx
02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Please trade him to NE for ANYTHING we can get and draft LaMichael James in round III.

Also, I want to add that this is 100% Josh McDaniels fault.

Kthnxbai.

G_Money
02-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Good point. I guess I can argue I am cheap also. I mean, I am about the same height and weight as Gronkowski, right?

:shocked:

Go post yourself shirtless in the Gronk thread and GEM will letcha know how you measure up.

~G

Canmore
02-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Go post yourself shirtless in the Gronk thread and GEM will letcha know how you measure up.

~G

GEM is ruthless. Just saying.

capt. Jack
02-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Or what about this novel idea...

If you are driving.. just dont drink?

You know, Thats a pretty good idea!!!! :-)

capt. Jack
02-07-2012, 06:46 AM
He was asking to be pulled over with a plate that spelled out his crime.

Guess we are drafting a RB to fill the roster spot left by this former Bronco, hope he gets the help he needs....

Hey were did you get knowyards baby pics? :-)

vandammage13
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Cut this guy already...He has done nothing to live up to his expectations.

The fact that his judgment is so poor that he has personalized license plates saying "SAUCED" is all you need to know about him.

What a freaking moron...I hope the judge doesn't go easy on him...There's no excuse to put others in harm's way especially when you have the dough to afford a freaking chauffeur.

Chef Zambini
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
wasted first round pick gets wasted.
moreno writes his own ticket out of town and its a dui.moreno is a moron, his cranioum is filled with dog escrement.
time to unload thios worthless loser.
I felt that way before the DUI, this just confirms him for the punk that he is !
soonn he will be robbing a mcdonalds in his home town wearing his old jersey.
PUNK is what his licence plate should read.

tomjonesrocks
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
What a worthless piece of shit this guy is.

I don't pretend I've never been guilty of this crime--but considering how little this guy offers on the field feel free to cut this ass.

GEM
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
GEM is ruthless. Just saying.

:shocked: No freaking way!

dogfish
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
if his license plate actually says SAUCED on it, he deserves to be cut for that alone. . . .

wayninja
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
if his license plate actually says SAUCED on it, he deserves to be cut for that alone. . . .

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/02/07/0207-knoshon-moreno-fastandrare-1.jpg

dogfish
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
that's it!

send the worthless little punk on his way. . .

weazel
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I dont think he should be cut because of this... he should be cut because he's absolutely horrible.

draft Lamar Miller

rationalfan
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Better ship DJ "im a DUI magnet" outta town too, that kid seems forever to be in trouble....

The double standard around here is ******* amazing...

the fact-checking around here is ******** amazing. DJ has had two DUIs; hardly "magnet" material. granted, two is too many, but it's not like those reports of people who have 12 or so.

also, i still don't get the DJ hate. the guy has been the epitome of a team player; switching linebacker positions seemingly every year while still producing very well through all the moves. he hasn't demanded trades. he hasn't bitched publicly. he's been in trouble with the law twice and owned up to it each time. and he plays with a feisty streak.

these are the kind of guys i want playing for the broncos. but i don't expect them all to be saints.

Buff
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
the fact-checking around here is ******** amazing. DJ has had two DUIs; hardly "magnet" material. granted, two is too many, but it's not like those reports of people who have 12 or so.

also, i still don't get the DJ hate. the guy has been the epitome of a team player; switching linebacker positions seemingly every year while still producing very well through all the moves. he hasn't demanded trades. he hasn't bitched publicly. he's been in trouble with the law twice and owned up to it each time. and he plays with a feisty streak.

these are the kind of guys i want playing for the broncos. but i don't expect them all to be saints.

I don't dislike DJ. But I'll take a stab at why he hasn't been all that highly regarded around here:

1.) He arguably got paid more than his production warranted a couple years ago - so A.) he has nothing to complain about. B.) He has always been a big hitter whose knock is that he is out of position too much (which, in his defense, is understandable when you play a new position every year) and/or has other mental lapses that take away from his production. *See bonehead late hit penalty against SD this year.

2.) He played on a bunch of really bad defenses. Which isn't all his fault obviously - but he never really elevated the play of his teammates or acted like a captain.

So when you combine all those factors with the off-the-field trouble, it's kind of easy to understand why his support has been lackluster.

Northman
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Man, i wonder if it improved his vision at all?

Northman
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM

DJ despite being overrated is still worlds better than Moreno. Yes, Moreno is a waste of a space.

Northman
02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't dislike DJ. But I'll take a stab at why he hasn't been all that highly regarded around here:

1.) He arguably got paid more than his production warranted a couple years ago - so A.) he has nothing to complain about. B.) He has always been a big hitter whose knock is that he is out of position too much (which, in his defense, is understandable when you play a new position every year) and/or has other mental lapses that take away from his production. *See bonehead late hit penalty against SD this year.

2.) He played on a bunch of really bad defenses. Which isn't all his fault obviously - but he never really elevated the play of his teammates or acted like a captain.

So when you combine all those factors with the off-the-field trouble, it's kind of easy to understand why his support has been lackluster.

You would think it would of been that obvious to a rational fan.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
This is the bad part about the boards. People have to be extreme one way or the other. Calling him a waste of space is ignorant. He hasn't lived up to being a first round pick or the money he's been paid. Waste of space? No. He's made some plays. People just overlook anything he does during games because he's a first round pick. What makes people think Lamar Miller or any college runningback will come in and live up to their pick? They don't. It's easy to throw out an extreme opinion when your job isn't on the line and you don't know all the facts.

I'm not sure why posters are so confident in their assumptions. I guess humble isn't in their vocabulary.

camdisco24
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
This is the bad part about the boards. People have to be extreme one way or the other. Calling him a waste of space is ignorant. He hasn't lived up to being a first round pick or the money he's been paid. Waste of space? No. He's made some plays. People just overlook anything he does during games because he's a first round pick. What makes people think Lamar Miller or any college runningback will come in and live up to their pick? They don't. It's easy to throw out an extreme opinion when your job isn't on the line and you don't know all the facts.

I'm not sure why posters are so confident in their assumptions. I guess humble isn't in their vocabulary.

When you're a football player you are always evaluated based on your contributions. Knowshon has made very little plays, in fact, I would say his contributions are barely worth that of a 5th or 6th round pick. Add this bonehead DUI on top of all that and it's pretty hard to not call the guy a waste of space.

IMO you're a waste of space when you could be cut from a team and there would be little to no change in the on field product. Let's be honest... do we really lose anything if we cut/trade Knowshon? Heck, we were number 1 rushing in the league without him.

Jsteve01
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
He averaged 4.8 per carry this year. In all honesty his production was ok until the injury. Take a gander at the top 10 list for this year. 4.8 is better than MJD, Foster, Rice, Turner, Lynch, Jackson or Gore. It's actually the same avg as Willis.

No Mo has been a disappointment but the bust label is a little over the top

spikerman
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
He averaged 4.8 per carry this year. In all honesty his production was ok until the injury. Take a gander at the top 10 list for this year. 4.8 is better than MJD, Foster, Rice, Turner, Lynch, Jackson or Gore. It's actually the same avg as Willis.

No Mo has been a disappointment but the bust label is a little over the top

His numbers might be ok if he was a 3rd or 4th round pick, but as the 12th pick in the entire draft he's been a major disappointment. You would have expected him to have at least one 1000 yard season by now. That's only about 60 ypg.

Jsteve01
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I understand all that and Im not defending him. He's fragile and has shown a lack of character and judgment. But he's not a bust by definition.

Dapper Dan
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
When you run it about 55 times per game, that's how you end up being the number one rush offense.

Knowshon has over 4 ypc.

Buff
02-07-2012, 08:42 PM
When you run it about 55 times per game, that's how you end up being the number one rush offense.

Knowshon has over 4 ypc.

That's the classic meaningless, hollow stat. If you look at his YPC relative to the league average, he is in the lower third of starting backs.

I am honestly dumbfounded that people still come to his defense. He has been a huge disappointment in every way possible. His character sucks. His work ethic sucks. His speed sucks. His vision sucks. His production sucks.

There is nothing to defend, and yet, here you are.

dogfish
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
That's the classic meaningless, hollow stat. If you look at his YPC relative to the league average, he is in the lower third of starting backs.

I am honestly dumbfounded that people still come to his defense. He has been a huge disappointment in every way possible. His character sucks. His work ethic sucks. His speed sucks. His vision sucks. His production sucks.

you forgot his supposed toughness and durability-- those really suck. . .

rationalfan
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM

Most sensible post I've read on here in a while.

Softskull
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
We're thin at RB. He'll be here next year in a backup roll. First DUI (even if you LP say Sh*tfaced) will get you a hand slap. Moreno will be our 3rd down back next year.

dogfish
02-07-2012, 10:21 PM
We're thin at RB. He'll be here next year in a backup roll. First DUI (even if you LP say Sh*tfaced) will get you a hand slap. Moreno will be our 3rd down back next year.

don't bet your house on it. . . he's a powerless RB in a power running scheme-- i doubt fox is much of a fan. . . keeping a receiving back on a team that doesn't throw the ball to the RB is a waste of a roster space. . .

Softskull
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
don't bet your house on it. . . he's a powerless RB in a power running scheme-- i doubt fox is much of a fan. . . keeping a receiving back on a team that doesn't throw the ball to the RB is a waste of a roster space. . .

Maybe, but he's under contract for another year. If he come's in even mostly healthy, I'll bet we keep him. We're thin as hell in a position that Fox desperately needs. Up until the injury this year, Sh*tfaced was having his best statistical year ever.

MOtorboat
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0808/they-see-me-rollin-ridin-demotivational-poster-1217733723.jpg

broncobryce
02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I like Knowshon, but the system has changed and he's not a Fox running back. He'll be playing elsewhere next year.

Jsteve01
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM

Knowshon has over 4 ypc.

Wtf are you talking about? 4.8 last year isn't bottom third. I understand we are all frustrated with him but that's just inaccurate

Buff
02-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Wtf are you talking about? 4.8 last year isn't bottom third. I understand we are all frustrated with him but that's just inaccurate

He has a 4.1 career YPC average, which is decidedly average.

He had a tiny little sample size where he put up 4.8 YPC - no chance he puts up those numbers as the featured back. Nor could he ever stay healthy enough to be a feature back.

Jsteve01
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
He has a 4.1 career YPC average, which is decidedly average.

He had a tiny little sample size where he put up 4.8 YPC - no chance he puts up those numbers as the featured back. Nor could he ever stay healthy enough to be a feature back.

So you're willing to throw out last year with a run oriented offense as n anomaly because of the small sample size but you aren't going to acknowledge that that lack of emphasis on the run and horrid o lines during the McDaniels regime may have skewed the ypc? Gotcha

Like I said to a certain degree I'm playing devil's advocate here. He's never produced like a number 12 pick but at the same time his deficiencies have also been a little exaggerated.

Northman
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
He's never produced like a number 12 pick but at the same time his deficiencies have also been a little exaggerated.

Totally disagree.

He is fragile for one which is never a plus and spends a lot of time hurt. When he is healthy, he doesnt have great vision and often tap dances in the backfield followed by running straight into the back of the Oline. The one thing he does excell at is catching it out of the backfield. Unfortuantely, that isnt something that we utilize a lot in the current offense and considering where he was drafted and how much money was paid to him its quite a waste. But no, nothing is exaggerated here. The Oline from 2010 is the same from last year. The only difference is McGahee actually knows how to run the ball like a true RB.

Jsteve01
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Totally disagree.

He is fragile for one which is never a plus and spends a lot of time hurt. When he is healthy, he doesnt have great vision and often tap dances in the backfield followed by running straight into the back of the Oline. The one thing he does excell at is catching it out of the backfield. Unfortuantely, that isnt something that we utilize a lot in the current offense and considering where he was drafted and how much money was paid to him its quite a waste. But no, nothing is exaggerated here. The Oline from 2010 is the same from last year. The only difference is McGahee actually knows how to run the ball like a true RB.

and as I stated earlier in this thread Kno Mo ran for much better ypc this year than he did last year in fact his ypc was equal to Willis. And comparing this year's line to last year's is not a valid comparison. We had a huge upgrade at RT, Clady was another year removed from injury, Beadles, and Walton have another year under their belts, and most importantly Magazu is a real grown up o line coach.

I'm not a Moreno fan. I do think he's frail, but I think the bust label is over the top and besides that it's the off season and I feel like arguing. thh i could take either side on this lmao

dogfish
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
honestly, it doesn't matter whether people want to call him a bust or not. . . fox and elway have the opinions that matter. . . either they like him enough to keep him, or they don't. . . we'll know in a few months, and arguing whether he's a bust or not is just semantics to fill the time until then. . .

Northman
02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
and as I stated earlier in this thread Kno Mo ran for much better ypc this year than he did last year in fact his ypc was equal to Willis. And comparing this year's line to last year's is not a valid comparison. We had a huge upgrade at RT, Clady was another year removed from injury, Beadles, and Walton have another year under their belts, and most importantly Magazu is a real grown up o line coach.

I'm not a Moreno fan. I do think he's frail, but I think the bust label is over the top and besides that it's the off season and I feel like arguing. thh i could take either side on this lmao

I dont know if he is a bust, right now i would say yes just based on where he was taken in the draft. But, maybe he just needs a change of scenery. Right now im not happy with him as a player, nothing personal, i just expected far more than ive seen from him.

Jsteve01
02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
as do I. I expected much more from him. The odd thing is though that if you go back and look at his film in college he never showed a huge amount of explosion. I don't even know of a good comparison. Above average athleticism with marginal speed and vision and good hands. He's a classic 3rd down back, and I think Jeremiah brings more to the table in that role.

dogfish
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
i still think curtis martin is the best comparison for knowshon's physical skill set-- but it's very obvious that he doesn't have martin's grit. . .

Northman
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
as do I. I expected much more from him. The odd thing is though that if you go back and look at his film in college he never showed a huge amount of explosion. I don't even know of a good comparison. Above average athleticism with marginal speed and vision and good hands. He's a classic 3rd down back, and I think Jeremiah brings more to the table in that role.

Indeed.

But, i do wonder if a changing of scenery would do him wonders. I wasnt a huge fan of Reggie Bush (even though he showed more than Moreno) early on but this year in Miami Bush showed he can run with authority. Whether or not getting let go from NO was a kick in the pants i dont know but maybe thats all Knowmo needs.

Canmore
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Indeed.

But, i do wonder if a changing of scenery would do him wonders. I wasnt a huge fan of Reggie Bush (even though he showed more than Moreno) early on but this year in Miami Bush showed he can run with authority. Whether or not getting let go from NO was a kick in the pants i dont know but maybe thats all Knowmo needs.

Moreno can't stay healthy! I don't see a change in scenery helping that problem.

Jsteve01
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Moreno can't stay healthy! I don't see a change in scenery helping that problem.

Well that's been a problem for Denver backs in general. Hopefully getting rid of Tuten will help in that regard

bcbronc
02-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Moreno's production hasn't sucked. Disappointing, maybe to a degree. But his first two seasons he averaged just over 1100 yards from scrimmage and 8.5 TDs in a crappy offense. Not great, but not teh sux either.

He's too fragile to be a feature back, but he can still contribute in a platoon.

I dunno dog, pretty much every year Fox was in Carolina a RB was top 3 in receptions. Part of that is probably lack of talent at other positions, but I think Fox appreciates having a back who can catch.

If you can get good value in a trade, fine trade him. He is fragile. But unless he gets beat out for a roster spot in camp, makes zero sense to cut him. Good third down backs are an essential part of an offense imo, and Moreno is that already.

dogfish
02-08-2012, 07:14 PM
If you can get good value in a trade, fine trade him. He is fragile. But unless he gets beat out for a roster spot in camp, makes zero sense to cut him. Good third down backs are an essential part of an offense imo, and Moreno is that already.

i just don't have much use for a guy that can't stay healthy even in a limited role. . . and i didn't see us throw to the backs much at all last year, and am not convinced it's going to be a big part of our offense. . . IMO, with our current line, pass pro is more important for our third down back than hands. . .

i would trade moreno for ANY draft pick, even one at the end of the 7th-- i don't think we're likely to get any offers, though, unless mcdaniels can fool belly with a powerpoint presentation. . . :laugh: FTR, i'm not suggesting cutting him outright-- i think he's VERY beatable in camp, though. . . i simply don't think he's a fox kind of back, and no one besides xanders in the current regime was involved in picking him. . .

Jsteve01
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
i just don't have much use for a guy that can't stay healthy even in a limited role. . . and i didn't see us throw to the backs much at all last year, and am not convinced it's going to be a big part of our offense. . . IMO, with our current line, pass pro is more important for our third down back than hands. . .

i would trade moreno for ANY draft pick, even one at the end of the 7th-- i don't think we're likely to get any offers, though, unless mcdaniels can fool belly with a powerpoint presentation. . . :laugh: FTR, i'm not suggesting cutting him outright-- i think he's VERY beatable in camp, though. . . i simply don't think he's a fox kind of back, and no one besides xanders in the current regime was involved in picking him. . .

Studesville and McCoy are still around and lets not forget that it took him getting hurt for Willis to get the job. He was Foxy's starter going into the season

Chef Zambini
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Moreno's production hasn't sucked. Disappointing, maybe to a degree. But his first two seasons he averaged just over 1100 yards from scrimmage and 8.5 TDs in a crappy offense. Not great, but not teh sux either.

He's too fragile to be a feature back, but he can still contribute in a platoon.

I dunno dog, pretty much every year Fox was in Carolina a RB was top 3 in receptions. Part of that is probably lack of talent at other positions, but I think Fox appreciates having a back who can catch.

If you can get good value in a trade, fine trade him. He is fragile. But unless he gets beat out for a roster spot in camp, makes zero sense to cut him. Good third down backs are an essential part of an offense imo, and Moreno is that already.moreno is a dissapointment , REGArdless OF WHAT ROUND HE WAS SELECTED, HOWEVER...
because he was a FRDC, he is definately a poor value !
we can do better and we can do it cheaper.
we can get 3 backs for the price of moreno, they will all play special teams and contribute more to the team.
moreno is toast as a bronco !
(unless his agent can renegotiate for the league minimum plus incentives)

Chef Zambini
02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
for 3 years, the broncos have given KM every opportunity to justify his existence. he has FAILED to do that EVERY season!
Time to recognise reality and CUT our losses!
The DUI just makes it a FRONT PAGE REALITY.

Bronco Bible
02-09-2012, 09:44 AM
his deficiencies have also been a little exaggerated.

How?:confused:

HammeredOut
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I said Moreno was a bust when they drafted him. I still think he is a bust. Now all the guys who are saying he is wasnt a bust, are saying he is a bust. You guys should have just agreed with me a few years ago, so we don't have to have this "I told you so" discussion.

madmanbryan
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Sucks that this happened to him..
I like moreno and i hope he stays a bronco
I think he can be good in the future..
Not td good,but some help

scott.475
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
For what it's worth, I think he was probably quite drunk, just based on the fact he was sent to a detox center. A lot of agencies I know of do that when a bac level is .3 or above. I don't think we are taking about him being just a little buzzed, or even +/- a few hundredths of .08.

VonSackemMiller
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
If we ge rid of a talent,like this over one incident his entire life then thats pathetic. Moreno is a good player who can help this team.

Chef Zambini
02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
If we ge rid of a talent,like this over one incident his entire life then thats pathetic. Moreno is a good player who can help this team.most would disagree before the DUI?
how much are we paying KM this year/
answer: too much.
broncos will dump him for someone better and CHEAPER !
his talent can best be discribed as
" often injured, mediocrity"

TheReverend
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM
most would disagree before the DUI?
how much are we paying KM this year/
answer: too much.
broncos will dump him for someone better and CHEAPER !
his talent can best be discribed as
" often injured, mediocrity"

Well his cap number is like 800k or something silly low this coming season so you won't really find something cheaper....

madmanbryan
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I agree it was a stupid thing to do
But id really like to see him reach what he is capable of,in denver
Wouldnt be surprised if he isnt here next season

Chef Zambini
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I agree it was a stupid thing to do
But id really like to see him reach what he is capable of,in denver
Wouldnt be surprised if he isnt here next seasonyes, after paying him MILLIONS for doing a mediocre and absentee act for 3 years, lets give him another shot in his contract year he can step up, perform, get a new deal and go back to being a bum.
yes, lets do that.

Chef Zambini
02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Well his cap number is like 800k or something silly low this coming season so you won't really find something cheaper....A FTH ROUND ROKKIE WILL BE CHEAPER, AND MOSTlikely more productive.

TheReverend
02-10-2012, 04:44 PM
A FTH ROUND ROKKIE WILL BE CHEAPER, AND MOSTlikely more productive.

Well now you're just being silly.

MOtorboat
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM

This post is being quoted for epicness purposes.

VonSackemMiller
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM

you wild zam. moreno will have a big year next year. Hes been a solid dual threat RB, he hasnt lived up to max potential because hes always hurt or playing with nagging injuries. Moreno has great ability. If this new condition coach cant build him up just right he will rush for alot, catch alot and put the ball in the endzone. That great vision he has will show. Sit back and watch. I know ive watched him at georgia his entire career, when healy at about 190 pounds moreno is a beast like portis was untill he bulked up for washington and then started gettin a ton of nagging injuries. Moreno back at 190 next year will be productive. All we need is lamichael james to pair with him and ,cgahee

spikerman
02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
you wild zam. moreno will have a big year next year. Hes been a solid dual threat RB, he hasnt lived up to max potential because hes always hurt or playing with nagging injuries.

Plus he's had that ongoing battle with his arch-nemesis - gravity.