PDA

View Full Version : Your top TV Shows RIGHT NOW

Pages : [1] 2 3

MasterShake
02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on their favorite shows to get ideas of what to watch on the weekends now that football is over, or just see where my favorite shows stack up with others. Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Game of Thrones (just finally started watching, totally hooked)
4. American Dad (best and smartest late night cartoon on FOX)
5. Dexter (though the last season was more of a miss than a hit)

chazoe60
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM
It's always sunny in philidalphia
Breaking bad
Raising hope
The league
The increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margerette

Except for the league and IASIP I am behind with and am catching up via Netflix.

WTE
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Game of Thrones
Bored to Death
Being Human
New Girl

SR
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
The Office
Justified
Impractical Jokers

underrated29
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Game of thrones
I survived...beyond and back

Each of these is a once a week show...Game of thrones does not even start until april. I do not see how so many people have all this time to watch all these tv shows. But I also have a 5 year old.

Not saying any of you do this but there is like 5 shows back to back that people watch. Thats like 5 hours of nothing. With that amount of time I could learn to play the guitar, speak another language, take kickboxing lessons. It just baffles me.

Buff
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM
60 Minutes
Meet the Press
American Idol
American Greed

NightTrainLayne
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Right now? Right now I'm using my spare tv time to watch The Wire because there's not anything better on. :D But I'm almost finished, and it seems the show is jumping the shark in season 5. Probably a good thing they cut it off at 5 seasons. 1-4 were awesome.

The Office
Game of Thrones

I think when I finish with The Wire, I'll start on Dexter or Breaking Bad.

broncogirl7
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Tru Blood
Bones
Being Human (UK version)
Dr. Who
Any home show...House Hunters International, House Hunters, ect...

Buff
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Right now? Right now I'm using my spare tv time to watch The Wire because there's not anything better on. :D But I'm almost finished, and it seems the show is jumping the shark in season 5. Probably a good thing they cut it off at 5 seasons. 1-4 were awesome.

The Office
Game of Thrones

I think when I finish with The Wire, I'll start on Dexter or Breaking Bad.

The Wire is on the top of my "to see" list. Then Boardwalk Empire.

CoachChaz
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
In no particular order...

The Firm is proving to be a pretty good show.
Walking Dead
New Girl
Raising Hope
Always Sunny

WTE
02-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Tru Blood

True Dat True Blood.

weazel
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Sons of Anarchy
Shameless --- just freaking hilarious and William H Macy is awesome!
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire
Spartacus
Watched Game of Thrones and liked it until the season finale... it totally ruined it for me and I dont think I will watch season 2

CoachChaz
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Read the books on Game of Thrones. Every character I got attached to got killed. So I never bothered with the TV show.

WTE
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Read the books on Game of Thrones. Every character I got attached to got killed. So I never bothered with the TV show.

I said the same thing to my mom but from watching the shows, not the book. I thought the characters that played the King and the King's Hand were perfect for their roles but they only gave them like 7 shows before they were killed off.

gnomeflinger
02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
House
Modern Family
How I Met Your Mother
New Girl
The Office

Thnikkaman
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
The shows I watch every week:

Big Bang Theory
New Girl
The League
Person of Interest

Kapaibro
02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Yay! I'm not the only one who like New Girl! Schmidt is sooo funny!

Thnikkaman
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM

Schmidt quickly became my favorite character; that being said, all the other characters are developing quite nicely.

I also really liked the show Man Up but unfortunately it got cancelled.

skins_fan82
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
The Big C
Boardwalk Empire
Californication
Parenthood
Modern Family
True Blood
The Closer

all i can think of off the top of my head...all great shows.

WTE
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM

Cece has very nice boobs and a great ass. Don't you think?

Did you know that Damon Wayons was originally cast as Winston and even played him in the pilot?

But Fox had to go w/ the character that plays Winston now because Wayons also has a part in Happy Endings and that show was picked up for another season.

CoachChaz
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Cece has very nice boobs and a great ass. Don't you think?

Did you know that Damon Wayons was originally cast as Winston and even played him in the pilot?

But Fox had to go w/ the character that plays Winston now because Wayons also has a part in Happy Endings and that show was picked up for another season.

Yep...he was Coach. I actually liked him better in the pilot than I like Winston.

SR
I'm also catching up on Deadwood. I had never watched it when it was on HBO because I didn't care about it, but now that I live 45 minutes from Deadwood and go there regularly, I feel obligated to know the history and stories. Besides, Timothy Olyphant is a badass. I also watch South Park frequently. I appreciate the Pop Culture parodies. I'm in season six right now. I started season one about two years ago.

Kapaibro
Schmidt quickly became my favorite character; that being said, all the other characters are developing quite nicely.

I also really liked the show Man Up but unfortunately it got cancelled.

It did? That sucks.

I download all my TV, beats having to get a fricking cable deal. I'm enjoying Alcatraz as well, always watch Justified, Bones, Greys, CSI NY.

CoachChaz
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
It did? That sucks.

I download all my TV, beats having to get a fricking cable deal. I'm enjoying Alcatraz as well, always watch Justified, Bones, Greys, CSI NY.

Ditto. I have digital antenna, so I can watch the basics, but I download all the rest. Saves money.

Kapaibro
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm also catching up on Deadwood. I had never watched it when it was on HBO because I didn't care about it, but now that I live 45 minutes from Deadwood and go there regularly, I feel obligated to know the history and stories. Besides, Timothy Olyphant is a badass. I also watch South Park frequently. I appreciate the Pop Culture parodies. I'm in season six right now. I started season one about two years ago.

Deadwood is awesome.
I got my folks watching it, and they went and bought all 3 seasons.
Olyphant is awesome. His character Raylan in Justified is a modern version of his Deadwood role.

He has a perfect gunslinger walk.

SR
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Deadwood is awesome.
I got my folks watching it, and they went and bought all 3 seasons.
Olyphant is awesome. His character Raylan in Justified is a modern version of his Deadwood role.

He has a perfect gunslinger walk.

Agreed. He walks like his mission is to **** shit up. His character in Deadwood and his character in Justified do have a lot of similarities though.

rcsodak
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Castle
H5O
NCIS'
Justified
Person of Interest
Supernatural
Leverage

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WTE
02-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Yep...he was Coach. I actually liked him better in the pilot than I like Winston.

I saw very little of the pilot but knew the producers of New Girl had to react quickly when Wayons was no longer available.

It seems they're really struggling to find a role for Winston. He's often the 3rd wheel. They're trying to get him hooked up with a former sexy flame but it seems a little forced at this point.

I think the actor who plays Winston does a great job but the producers are clearly struggling w/ his role right now.

Thnikkaman
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I saw very little of the pilot but knew the producers of New Girl had to react quickly when Wayons was no longer available.

It seems they're really struggling to find a role for Winston. He's often the 3rd wheel. They're trying to get him hooked up with a former sexy flame but it seems a little forced at this point.

I think the actor who plays Winston does a great job but the producers are clearly struggling w/ his role right now.

I really liked his role in the New Years episode. I can see potential for his character, and I'm hoping it gets developed well.

MasterShake
02-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Game of thrones
I survived...beyond and back

Each of these is a once a week show...Game of thrones does not even start until april. I do not see how so many people have all this time to watch all these tv shows. But I also have a 5 year old.

Not saying any of you do this but there is like 5 shows back to back that people watch. Thats like 5 hours of nothing. With that amount of time I could learn to play the guitar, speak another language, take kickboxing lessons. It just baffles me.

I have a three year old and he is in bed around 7 or 730 pm sharp and he doesn't get up until 7 am. I have him trained. My wife usually works until 10 Friday through Monday so that gives me plenty of time to do homework for my Masters degree, read, or watch TV. If I get hooked on a show thats already out, I'll watch a couple of episodes a day depending on how long it is to get caught up and when the new season starts up I'll just watch it once a week like normal. Project Free TV :lol: is my best friend right now!

I also read Game of Thrones before getting into the show, so losing the characters will hopefully not be such a shocker even though I love the actors portrayal.

Boardwalk Empire is easily the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad, but the second season was like a punch in the gut. Really cool show though, I was surprised at how much I liked it. Its neat how Al Capone and Lucky Luciano are merely sub-characters and the show is still really interesting. Steve Buscemi is great in it, and they do a good job of recreating early 20th century Atlantic City.

Kapaibro
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
The Big Bang Theory is easily one of the best shows of late. Sheldon is a brilliant, no pun intended, character.

Benetto
02-06-2012, 06:06 PM
chopped
infested!
American dad
How i met your mother
king of queens (been watching reruns I havent seen and been laughing my ass off)

underrated29
02-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a three year old and he is in bed around 7 or 730 pm sharp and he doesn't get up until 7 am. I have him trained. My wife usually works until 10 Friday through Monday so that gives me plenty of time to do homework for my Masters degree, read, or watch TV. If I get hooked on a show thats already out, I'll watch a couple of episodes a day depending on how long it is to get caught up and when the new season starts up I'll just watch it once a week like normal. Project Free TV :lol: is my best friend right now!

I also read Game of Thrones before getting into the show, so losing the characters will hopefully not be such a shocker even though I love the actors portrayal.

Boardwalk Empire is easily the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad, but the second season was like a punch in the gut. Really cool show though, I was surprised at how much I liked it. Its neat how Al Capone and Lucky Luciano are merely sub-characters and the show is still really interesting. Steve Buscemi is great in it, and they do a good job of recreating early 20th century Atlantic City.

Holy cottonballs! He goes to bed at 7/730 and wakes up at 7!?!?!--when mine was 3 he went to bed at 9 and Just barely slept in til 7...It was always 6:47am....now that he is in school he goes to bed at 8 and gets up at 7-7:10am....How did you get him to sleep so long. SOB.

And I am reading Game of thrones right now...im on the 4th book, just a bit over halfway through. I love both the books and the show. I re-watch an episode of season one each night after working out to get back into where the show is.

PS- I left this off my list as its not really show anymore, but there is a show called "out of the wild"- I watch that show like crazy- I have the Alaska and South Americas all DVRd, and usually watch an episode of that after working out (havent since Game of thrones is almost back) but Out of the wild hasnt been on- to my knowledge- since '09- i had never seen it though so I am watching them now. LOVE THEM!

MasterShake
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Holy cottonballs! He goes to bed at 7/730 and wakes up at 7!?!?!--when mine was 3 he went to bed at 9 and Just barely slept in til 7...It was always 6:47am....now that he is in school he goes to bed at 8 and gets up at 7-7:10am....How did you get him to sleep so long. SOB.

He doesn't fall asleep for a good half hour, he's just in bed by then. Got him on a routine at about 6 months old, got the advice from a book. I'm sure every kid is different, but it really works for him. He's been in a full sized bed for about a year now and loves it.

Tned
02-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I live in Arkansas, all I have to do is work and watch TV, so it's easier to say what I don't like than what I do. Coming to mind:

Strike Back on Cinemax -- great show if you haven't seen it and like action shows with a little cursing and sex thrown in.
Weeds
Californication
Dexter
Another newer showtime show I'm forgetting

Game of Thrones
Spartacus
I think there's another Starz program I'm forgetting
Royal Pain
Fairly Legal (she & her MIL are cute as hell)
The League

Hawaii Five Oh
NCIS Los Angelos
Mentalist
Big Bang
Chuck (but just ended)
Greys Anatomy
Revenge
House
Teranova

Ok, I'm tired of typing, but you get the point...

OrangeHoof
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I've been spending this winter watching all four seasons of Mad Men on DVD. Season 5 will start in March. I also follow The Amazing Race which will have their 20th season starting in two weeks.

BroncoWave
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Only one mention of this show so far but Californication is a very good one. Started watching because I liked Duchovny from X-Files and now I am hooked.

Other shows I catch every week are The League, How I Met Your Mother, and Bones. Also Community whenever it comes back.

MasterShake
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Only one mention of this show so far but Californication is a very good one. Started watching because I liked Duchovny from X-Files and now I am hooked.

Yes, forgot about that! Community is good too.

I also forgot to mention my favorite comedy on HBO, Eastbound and Down. New season starts next Sunday (the same night as the 500th episode of the Simpsons, which has been great lately).

BeefStew25
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Spongebob.

A snail that meows. Hilarious.

aberdien
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Breaking Bad
Parks and Recreation
Community
Doctor Who
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Those are all shows that have/will grow to be some of my favorite of all time. Breaking Bad is the best TV show ever. Parks and Rec is one of the funniest and likeable shows out there. Community is just clever and fun. Doctor Who allows me to geek out. IASIP gives me my fix on vulgarity and hilarity.

gnomeflinger
02-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Tned watches too much TV.

Dzone
02-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Well, I got lured into watching The Voice with all the commercials about it on the super bowl. I dont even watch tv cept for football and basketball...Now I tune in to The Voice now to watch Christina Aguilera..I mean, I couldnt care less about those 3 guys on the show.

MileHighCrew
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Storage Wars (don't understand why but I like it alot)
2 Broke Girls
New Girl
Big Bang
Around the world in 80 ways.
Blue bloods

Thnikkaman
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Storage Wars (don't understand why but I like it alot)
2 Broke Girls
New Girl
Big Bang
Around the world in 80 ways.
Blue bloods

I think I can watch 2 Broke Girls just to stare at Kat Dennings. The blonde, I could live without.

Buff
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
You people watch a lot of really bad TV.

Timmy!
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Big Bang
Boardwalk Empire
Sports nation (beadle :drool:)

BroncoWave
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
You people watch a lot of really bad TV.

Ah, Buff just couldn't resist coming in here and douching it out.

Guess we gotta quit watching TV guys, Buff says the shows we watch are bad!

Buff
02-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Not only that, but you should stop inter-netting too.

G_Money
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Justified
Breaking Bad
Fringe (though it's weakening significantly)
Boardwalk Empire
Sherlock Holmes

Thats like 5 hours of nothing. With that amount of time I could learn to play the guitar, speak another language, take kickboxing lessons. It just baffles me.

True...but what ARE you doing with those 5 hours? Reading these boards? ;)

~G

GEM
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I catch minimal amounts of tv. I am with Coach, I don't pay for cable. Just don't watch it enough for it to make sense paying for it. I watch a couple shows a week, Glee with my daughters and Vampire Diaries because Ian Whatchmacallit is hot as hell and he's usually shirtless at least once an episode. :laugh: Other than those, I usually watch History Channel DVD's and Ghost Hunters box sets. :shrugs:

gnomeflinger
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
My husband and kids are the TV watchers. My kids don't watch a lot, but the younger ones like the Boomerang channel.

I watch 90% of TV on the computer, thru Hulu their network sites. I will often go a few weeks of not watching any shows, then have an evening where I'll watch them all at once.

GEM
02-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I usually love the period shows on Showtime. The Tudors was fantastic. Borgias is pretty good, but I haven't followed it as closely.

aberdien
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM

Yeah, but Big Bang Theory is objectively unfunny.

WTE
02-07-2012, 02:55 PM
I usually watch History Channel DVD's and Ghost Hunters box sets. :shrugs:

Ghost Hunters. Is that the show where someone off camera throws a nickel off a wall to make it seem like there's a spirit and the hosts turn their heads quickly and say "Did you hear that!!??"

SR
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, I got lured into watching The Voice with all the commercials about it on the super bowl. I dont even watch tv cept for football and basketball...Now I tune in to The Voice now to watch Christina Aguilera..I mean, I couldnt care less about those 3 guys on the show.

Justify it how you want...she damn near looks rough enough now to fit in with those dudes.

underrated29
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Justified
Breaking Bad
Fringe (though it's weakening significantly)
Boardwalk Empire
Sherlock Holmes

True...but what ARE you doing with those 5 hours? Reading these boards? ;)

~G

Negative. I read the boards when I am on the phone at work. Or doing updates or anything that I can concentrate 50% of brain to what im doing and 50% to this mindless activity.

gnomeflinger
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Justify it how you want...she damn near looks rough enough now to fit in with those dudes.

She needs to realize that a 20 pound weight gain doesn't mean she should be wearing "Hollywood thin" clothes.

Buff
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
She needs to realize that a 20 pound weight gain doesn't mean she should be wearing "Hollywood thin" clothes.

Yeah, but 15 of those pounds went straight to her bust... So I'm ok with it.

gnomeflinger
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM

She does have nice boobs...

SR
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Along with the silicone she had installed.

GEM
02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Ghost Hunters. Is that the show where someone off camera throws a nickel off a wall to make it seem like there's a spirit and the hosts turn their heads quickly and say "Did you hear that!!??"

You sound like my mom. :rolleyes:

Buff
02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd rather fly down to New Orleans and have BTB lecture me about being self righteous for a couple hours than be forced to watch an episode of ghost hunters.

Buff
02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Wait, no, I'd rather watch Ghost Hunters... But it's a tossup.

gnomeflinger
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Mr. Gnome watches that show. Every time it's on, I make fun of it and he then tells me they really try to "debunk" it. In all fairness, it's slightly better than Ghost Adventures.

SR
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
IMO, anything ghost or vampire-related is ridiculous.

Thnikkaman
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I enjoy Last Man Standing as well

SR
02-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh. I forgot Jersey Shore. How silly of me.

MOtorboat
02-07-2012, 10:31 PM
IMO, anything ghost or vampire-related is ridiculous.

:click:

Tned
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Tned watches too much TV.

Yep, this is true.

I probably only listed about half of the shows we watch.

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Yep, this is true.

I probably only listed about half of the shows we watch.

How in the heck? I can only watch one or two shows a week it seems, and it still seems like I'm in front of the tv all the time.

Tned
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
How in the heck? I can only watch one or two shows a week it seems, and it still seems like I'm in front of the tv all the time.

We record everything. Then we watch a show or two after I get home from work and usually something in bed before going to sleep. So, typically, we watch at least two shows a night, sometimes three.

However, some of the shows I might not watch until the summer when most of the network stuff has ended. I have expanded hard drives on all of my DVRs, so sometimes we have a whole season of something recorded before we ever watch it.

Tned
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh yea, a new AMC show looks pretty good, Hell on Wheels, it's a western.

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh yea, a new AMC show looks pretty good, Hell on Wheels, it's a western.

I love the Western genre when done right. I wish more current film/tv makers would explore it.

Deadwood for example was one of the best television shows I've ever watched.

BigDaddyBronco
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Man, I haven't watched almost any of these shows. My attention span just doesn't help me out. I'll watch an episode or two of Game of Thrones, then I'll just forget about it.

Mostly I watch shows that my kids like and even then it's only with passing interest.

i have watched a lot of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and Man vs. Food. LOL. Maybe that is why I'm fat.

Tned
02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I love the Western genre when done right. I wish more current film/tv makers would explore it.

Deadwood for example was one of the best television shows I've ever watched.

Yea, loved Deadwood. Can't believe the idiot creator stopped it for what he thought would be a masterpiece, John in Cincinnati.

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Yea, loved Deadwood. Can't believe the idiot creator stopped it for what he thought would be a masterpiece, John in Cincinnati.

HBO put the brakes on them as I understand it. It was hugely expensive to film that show.

Tned
02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
HBO put the brakes on them as I understand it. It was hugely expensive to film that show.

I know that was the case with Rome. I thought with Deadwood, it was driven by the creator, but I might have heard or be remembering wrong.

Either way, it's a shame. It was a great show.

Dirk
02-09-2012, 01:19 PM
In no particular order:

Justified
Walking Dead
Falling Skies
Big Bang Theory (best sitcom in years)
Sons of Anarchy
Alcatraz (fairly new but it has me intrigued)

Reality Types:

Pawn Stars
American Restoration
Cajun Pawn Stars
Auction Hunters
Storage Wars
Ink Master (fairly new and interesting)

Wow! I watch too damned much TV!

Thnikkaman
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I do watch Top Chef on the regular. And that new Key and Peele comedy show isn't bad either.

Tned
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
In no particular order:

Justified
Walking Dead
Falling Skies
Big Bang Theory (best sitcom in years)
Sons of Anarchy
Alcatraz (fairly new but it has me intrigued)

Reality Types:

Pawn Stars
American Restoration
Cajun Pawn Stars
Auction Hunters
Storage Wars
Ink Master (fairly new and interesting)

Wow! I watch too damned much TV!

Falling skies turned out better than I expected. Hope it's coming back for another season. Same with Torchwood - miracle day (I think that's the name). I had never watched Dr. Who or Torchwood and was skeptical, but it turned out to be a good show.

SR
02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I forgot to add Drinking Made Easy to my list

Kapaibro
02-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Alcatraz is very interesting, great premise. and as an added bonus for me, Sam Neill (veteran NZ actor)

Pan Am (which may have been canned, which would suck)

Once Upon a Time, and Grimm are very well done.
The Mentalist.

yuhateme80
02-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Shark tank
NCis
Castle
Pawn stars
Grimm

chazoe60
02-12-2012, 10:29 AM
The Middle is a good show too. Sue Heck is the bomb.

MasterShake
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
The Middle is a good show too. Sue Heck is the bomb.

Yeah, I almost like that better than Modern Family sometimes. Add Mythbusters and Futurama to my list as well.

AZOmae
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Spartacus: Vengeance
Grimm
Restaurant Impossible
Kitchen Nightmares
Family Guy/American Dad/Simpsons
Deadliest Catch
Tosh.O
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Those are the ones I watch religiously.
I'll skim through the channels here and there, and watch 'whatever.'

Thnikkaman
02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Just discovered
The IT Crowd

One of the stars of the show was the Cop in Bridesmades.

******* hilarious show.

MOtorboat
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Because of this thread I now have the first three discs of Boardwalk Empire's season one. Almost two episodes in. Pretty good.

MasterShake
02-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Because of this thread I now have the first three discs of Boardwalk Empire's season one. Almost two episodes in. Pretty good.

Boardwalk and Game of Thrones are two shows that took me forever to get around to watching and now I'm kicking myself for not watching sooner.

dogfish
02-27-2012, 02:56 AM
i've been watching NFL network's coverage of the scouting combine. . . does that count?

Tned
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Boardwalk and Game of Thrones are two shows that took me forever to get around to watching and now I'm kicking myself for not watching sooner.

Yea, but on the bright side, you didn't have as long to wait to watch season 2 as those of us that watched it as it aired.

skins_fan82
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
"The Walking Dead" doesn't have it's own thread? It's only one of the top 5 shows on TV right now. :D

Kapaibro
03-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Holy hell.
Why the hell did it take me so long to watch Sons of Anarchy?
Just started watching Season 2!

OrangeHoof
03-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Mad Men season 5 begins Sunday on AMC at 8 p.m. Central. When last we left off, Donald Draper got engaged to his secretary and is trying to rebuild his ad agency after Lucky Strike pulled out leaving them with no major accounts. Timeline-wise, we are probably around 1966 now.

Thnikkaman
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I've really been enjoying Key & Peele. Funny.

MasterShake
03-25-2012, 11:33 AM
"The Walking Dead" doesn't have it's own thread? It's only one of the top 5 shows on TV right now. :D

Just finished up the Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 this past week, and while its a good show it doesn't crack my top 5 quite yet. It has a ton of potential, but whatever momentum they had in the first season got stalled on that damn farm. I hope it picks up like the graphic novel did once they hit the prison.

SR
06-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Check out the new show on A&E called Longmire. I watched the pilot episode last night and it looks to be pretty good. It looks like it's following the lines of Justified a little bit, but should still be pretty good.

MOtorboat
06-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Forgot about this thread. I'm behind everyone because I don't have HBO, but I'm addicted to the first season of Game of Thrones.

Read the book, then saw the show, then bought the show and saw it again.

150 pages into book 2, which I will finish before watching season two.

gnomeflinger
06-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm waiting for True Blood to start up again.

MOtorboat
06-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Am also in the middle of season two of True Blood. Decent show. Not as good as Game of Thrones.

MOtorboat
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
The only problem I have with True Blood is I spend more time wondering when the newly introduced hot chick is gonna get nekked than I do paying attention to the plot when there's a new character...

NightTerror218
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Netflix and streaming me some Cheers!!

Tned
06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Check out the new show on A&E called Longmire. I watched the pilot episode last night and it looks to be pretty good. It looks like it's following the lines of Justified a little bit, but should still be pretty good.

I watched the pilot and it looked pretty good.

gnomeflinger
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
The only problem I have with True Blood is I spend more time wondering when the newly introduced hot chick is gonna get nekked than I do paying attention to the plot when there's a new character...

Which hot chick? Most of them get naked at one point.

MOtorboat
06-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Which hot chick? Most of them get naked at one point.

Exactly.

SR
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I watched the pilot and it looked pretty good.

I really like the show a lot

GEM
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I love The Walking Dead. :D

BroncoJoe
10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
666 Park Avenue is starting out very good
Dexter's new season
Homeland is still awesome
Scandal

Those are the favorites in the BroncoJoe household.

MileHighCrew
10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
really like the new comedy's men at work and sullivan's and son on the comedy channel

tubby
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Himym

Dapper Dan
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Criminal Minds and Law & Order Criminal Intent. I can't stand waiting through commercials just to watch a weekly show. So anything I watch, I usually get the seasons or watch it on Netflix.

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I am going to be jumping into Walking Dead (since they finally updated it on netflix).

aberdien
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Season 2 sucks.

But last nights episode was great. So hopefully it stays that way.

MasterShake
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
My new rankings:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Boardwalk Empire
2A. Game of Thrones
3. Dexter
4. Walking Dead

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
My new rankings:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Boardwalk Empire
2A. Game of Thrones
3. Dexter
4. Walking Dead

how is game of thrones?

I have the books and will read them soon

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 07:16 PM
how is game of thrones?

I have the books and will read them soon

So awesome that I watched the first season via Netflix (don't have HBO) and immediately bought the series and watched it again, then watched it with the commentary.

I recommend reading the book first before diving in, which reminds me, I've got to finish book two before season two comes out DVD...

P.S. The books are better, they are awesome too, so don't forget to read them as well. Sopranos meets Lord of the Rings, I think is an apt description of the books and the movies.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
My new rankings:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Boardwalk Empire
2A. Game of Thrones
3. Dexter
4. Walking Dead

I have it:
1. Game of Thrones
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Grimm

And honestly, those are the four shows I'm watching now, and that's about it.

MasterShake
10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
I have it:
1. Game of Thrones
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Breaking Bad
4. Grimm

And honestly, those are the four shows I'm watching now, and that's about it.

Grimm is interesting, haven't got to watch it much.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Grimm is interesting, haven't got to watch it much.

Watched the first season on Netflix and first three episodes of the second season on HULU. I have two episodes to catch up on Hulu right now.

The idea is just intriguing to me.

MasterShake
10-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Watched the first season on Netflix and first three episodes of the second season on HULU. I have two episodes to catch up on Hulu right now.

The idea is just intriguing to me.

It sounded so stupid when I heard the premise and was surprised how well it translated.

weazel
10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
The "Phillip Rivers', I just shit the bed show"!

CrazyHorse
10-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Does SportsCenter count?

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
There are so many plot holes in the pilot of Revolution, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Dapper Dan
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not big on SyFy, but I've been watching Alphas and really enjoying it.

Dzone
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Excellent 60 minutes show tonight called Rocky Mountain High , about the MMJ business in Colorado and elsewhere. HIghly interesting and I wasnt even smoking pot while watching it.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
OK, so I like Revolution, but some of the plot holes, mostly the ones related to the society as a whole, are laughable.

Man has been distilling wine, spirits and beer for thousands of years, and after 15 years, everyone just forgot how to do it without electricity?

Entire neighborhoods have been completely destroyed in 15 years, simply because there is no electricity? Some homes have stayed nearly in tact?

Not a single window survived 15 years?

Chicago was flooded permanently, despite there not being a single damn anywhere near Chicago?

Every single person can do nothing but fight and get drunk (despite the fact that no one can remember how to distill beverages)?

Wrigley Field remains nearly intact, while the entire neighborhood surrounding it has been demolished, without the proper tools to demolish it?

I could go on. But still an enjoyable show, if you can get past plot holes.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 08:35 PM
The interstate system, which in some places has gone unreplaced, or unrepaired for 40 years (see I-76 for you Colorado folk), has completely dissolved into dirt in 15?

But the bridges...oh...those are A-OK.

chazoe60
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
OK, so I like Revolution, but some of the plot holes, mostly the ones related to the society as a whole, are laughable.

Man has been distilling wine, spirits and beer for thousands of years, and after 15 years, everyone just forgot how to do it without electricity?

Entire neighborhoods have been completely destroyed in 15 years, simply because there is no electricity? Some homes have stayed nearly in tact?

Not a single window survived 15 years?

Chicago was flooded permanently, despite there not being a single damn anywhere near Chicago?

Every single person can do nothing but fight and get drunk (despite the fact that no one can remember how to distill beverages)?

Wrigley Field remains nearly intact, while the entire neighborhood surrounding it has been demolished, without the proper tools to demolish it?

I could go on. But still an enjoyable show, if you can get past plot holes.

The interstate system, which in some places has gone unreplaced, or unrepaired for 40 years (see I-76 for you Colorado folk), has completely dissolved into dirt in 15?

But the bridges...oh...those are A-OK.
Just shows you how important Substation Electricians are to society as a whole. It's a thankless job but I do it with a smile.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Just shows you how important Substation Electricians are to society as a whole. It's a thankless job but I do it with a smile.

LOL

I'm actually disappointed a little, because I found out Jon Favreau is the director of this sucker. Favreau is way smarter than this...

chazoe60
10-21-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL

I'm actually disappointed a little, because I found out Jon Favreau is the director of this sucker. Favreau is way smarter than this...
It's probably very hard to balance what the execs tell you they want because of ratings and what will work with the public and realism.

BTW if you're into apocalyptic stories you should read a book called The Passage. It's an awesome book which is part 1 in a trillogy that I believe is slated to be a movie in like summer of '14 maybe. Excellent book and book two, The Twelve, just came out. If they do the movie right it's going to be amazing.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Humans manufactured guns and bullets for literally 400 years before electricity.

But in 15 years, they completely forgot how...Jeebus, why am I watching this?

MasterShake
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Humans manufactured guns and bullets for literally 400 years before electricity.

I flipped that show on and saw everyone using muskets, rolled my eyes, then jammed a spoon in them. Stupid, stupid, show.

gnomeflinger
10-22-2012, 10:39 AM

Because you like movies with bad script writing. Why not TV shows too?

rjent
10-22-2012, 10:46 AM
No wonder you people are so screwed up in the head. Some of you actually watch this shit ..... :D

gnomeflinger
10-22-2012, 10:53 AM
The shows I watch wouldn't make everyone's best list, but here it is (in no particular order):

Dexter
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Modern Family
Grey's Anatomy
New Girl

during the summer, I watch True Blood.

I love Breaking Bad and will watch that when it's back on in 2013.

MOtorboat
10-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Because you like movies with bad script writing. Why not TV shows too?

Well, when I turn it to SyFy I know what I'm getting.

When I tune into a "hit show" with "26 million" viewers, directed by Jon Favreau, my expectations rise a little.

gnomeflinger
10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, when I turn it to SyFy I know what I'm getting.

When I tune into a "hit show" with "26 million" viewers, directed by Jon Favreau, my expectations rise a little.

Good point.

MasterShake
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
The shows I watch wouldn't make everyone's best list, but here it is (in no particular order):

Dexter
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Parenthood
Modern Family
Grey's Anatomy
New Girl

during the summer, I watch True Blood.

I love Breaking Bad and will watch that when it's back on in 2013.

Actually, I think most of those shows rank pretty highly with most people. Just a lot more network shows than most of us have been listing. I have very little tolerance for network TV aside from Animation Domination on FOX right now and that is being screwed up by baseball right now. :lol:

MOtorboat
10-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Actually, I think most of those shows rank pretty highly with most people. Just a lot more network shows than most of us have been listing. I have very little tolerance for network TV aside from Animation Domination on FOX right now and that is being screwed up by baseball right now. :lol:

Hold your tongue, dear sir.

CoachChaz
10-22-2012, 11:43 AM

A bitchslap is in order

MasterShake
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM

Sorry, just can't get into baseball unless the Rockies are involved and that aint happening any time soon. Though that Giants series has been pretty epic, I'd rather watch American Dad.

Thnikkaman
10-22-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm really enjoying Elementary.

aberdien
10-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I would like Elementary more if I didn't already love BBC's Sherlock, which is just superb superb superb.

MOtorboat
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Where can I find Elementary?

aberdien
10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
CBS.

Or illegally on the internet.

MOtorboat
10-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Good point.

Man has sailed oceans for thousands of years.

15 years after electricity...not possible.

:whoknows:

chazoe60
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Where can I find Elementary?
Aren't you supposed to stay at least 200 feet away from Elementary schools?

MOtorboat
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Aren't you supposed to stay at least 200 feet away from Elementary schools?

No. That's nut.

gnomeflinger
10-22-2012, 08:35 PM

I watch 95% of TV shows on the internet.

I remember the days when baseball screwed up most TV shows, especially during October.

FanInAZ
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
CBS.

Or illegally on the internet.

Actually you can watch the recent episodes on the websites of the networks that they appear on. Each network has its own policies, but CBS’s is that you can watch the last 2 episodes to air. You can also watch classic series as well.

http://www.cbs.com/

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 07:47 AM
I watch 95% of TV shows on the internet.

I remember the days when baseball screwed up most TV shows, especially during October.

Me too. I watched Boardwalk Empire and Dexter last night after the debate on my laptop. I think cable or satellite companies could make a KILLING if they would just offer a service with a base package of local channels plus channels only you choose. I'd happily pay JUST for things like The Discovery Channel, Comedy Central, AMC, etc. if I didn't have to buy a whole tier of crappy channels I'd never watch. All they are doing now is pushing people away from cable and towards the internet and losing money. I'd much rather watch things on my big HDTV then a laptop, but I will if I have to!:lol:

Nomad
10-23-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm off for a week, so I'll get to watch NCIS, even though the show hasn't changed much since it first started.....murder a Marine/Navy person, hunt for bad guys, action scene, catch/interrogate bad guys, another action scene and NCIS wins again:lol:. I don't get to watch many primetime shows working nights.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm off for a week, so I'll get to watch NCIS, even though the show hasn't changed much since it first started.....murder a Marine/Navy person, hunt for bad guys, action scene, catch/interrogate bad guys, another action scene and NCIS wins again:lol:. I don't get to watch many primetime shows working nights.

Sounds like Law & Order. Always the same formula but I watched all the time. Jogger finds body. Obvious killer is caught. Obvious killer is red herring. TWIST. REAL Killer is caught.

Nomad
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Sounds like Law & Order. Always the same formula but I watched all the time. Jogger finds body. Obvious killer is caught. Obvious killer is red herring. TWIST. REAL Killer is caught.

My wife is really into 'Criminal Minds' (though that show has some messed up plots), Law and Order, NCIS etc. I watch the reruns with her sometimes. I never could get into the sitcoms nowadays. Last one I watched religiously was Seinfield. I'm not much into the zombie thing they have on tv either.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 08:28 AM
My wife is really into 'Criminal Minds' (though that show has some messed up plots), Law and Order, NCIS etc. I watch the reruns with her sometimes. I never could get into the sitcoms nowadays. Last one I watched religiously was Seinfield. I'm not much into the zombie thing they have on tv either.

Yeah, I like the first season of The Walking Dead, then it just turned into people arguing and a zombie pops up every now and then. Season 3 has been good so far though.

weazel
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
A show some of you may be interested in is "Luther". Its about a semi-dirty violent crimes detective in England starring Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire). Its a damn good show. You can watch it on BBC and netflix. It's a mini series that is two seasons in with 10 episodes. There will be one more season of about 6 episodes and then they will just be doing movies.

weazel
10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I like the first season of The Walking Dead, then it just turned into people arguing and a zombie pops up every now and then. Season 3 has been good so far though.

I disagree... the first few episodes of season two were fairly slow but the last half of it was awesome! They have to develop story lines or people would stop watching.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 11:45 AM
I disagree... the first few episodes of season two were fairly slow but the last half of it was awesome! They have to develop story lines or people would stop watching.

The story line is zombies are after you. GO. :lol:

BroncoWave
10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm a big fan of Parks and Rec. It loses a bunch of people because the first season isn't very good, but if you stick it out it gets WAY better in seasons 2-4. I think I laugh harder at that show than any comedy that has been on TV in quite a while, other than maybe South Park.

aberdien
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Parks and Rec is the funniest show on TV and has been for the past few years.

aberdien
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM

They could've developed things a lot quicker and in more relevant ways. You can develop characters while progressing the storyline. Good writers develop characters while progressing the story. The second season hardly did that and it just amounted to a bunch of unnecessary drama that developed characters forcefully rather than allowing the story and the character development to intertwine and complement/conflict with eachother on their own. It was total stagnation.

But so far this season seems much better. Hope it stays that way.

MasterShake
10-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Saw this earlier this morning. Too perfect!:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/daily-morning-awesomeness-13-145.jpg

NightTerror218
10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I just started season 2 of the walking dead. and I have to agree with MS, spot on.

BroncoWave
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Parks and Rec is the funniest show on TV and has been for the past few years.

Completely agree. Season 5 has slipped a little bit but that's about when network comedies tend to start declining a bit in quality. Seasons 2-4 were 3 of the funniest seasons of TV I've ever seen though. I can't remember a show that has made me laugh out loud more often.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Me too. I watched Boardwalk Empire and Dexter last night after the debate on my laptop. I think cable or satellite companies could make a KILLING if they would just offer a service with a base package of local channels plus channels only you choose. I'd happily pay JUST for things like The Discovery Channel, Comedy Central, AMC, etc. if I didn't have to buy a whole tier of crappy channels I'd never watch. All they are doing now is pushing people away from cable and towards the internet and losing money. I'd much rather watch things on my big HDTV then a laptop, but I will if I have to!:lol:

Its illegal to have a la-carte tv packages. Thats why you don't see it.

MasterShake
10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Its illegal to have a la-carte tv packages. Thats why you don't see it.

I understand, but they need to change that law. Otherwise they are going to keep losing money. Its a bad business model with the ready available of internet TV (both legal and not).

Ravage!!!
10-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I understand, but they need to change that law. Otherwise they are going to keep losing money. Its a bad business model with the ready available of internet TV (both legal and not).

Its not bad business if you are one of the small channels that relies on the 'cut' from the packages. Otherwise, you are going to kill a ton of stations/networks/channels because they don't have the volume. Its a bad business model to kill that many channels off your 'options' purely because they don't get enough a la carte clientel.

BroncoWave
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Its not bad business if you are one of the small channels that relies on the 'cut' from the packages. Otherwise, you are going to kill a ton of stations/networks/channels because they don't have the volume. Its a bad business model to kill that many channels off your 'options' purely because they don't get enough a la carte clientel.

So the free market is now a bad business model? In pretty much any industry, if you don't get enough clientele to make money, then you go out of business. Why should TV stations be exempt from that?

Rex
10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Breaking Bad
Justified
Top Chef
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
The Ultimate Fighter

Buff
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Anybody watching Homeland?

Bill Simmons keeps talking it up, and all the first season and a half is on OnDemand, so I'm considering it.

MOtorboat
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Bill Simmons keeps talking it up, and all the first season and a half is on OnDemand, so I'm considering it.

Rolling Stone seems to like it a lot too.

CoachChaz
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Claire Danes is favorite nerdy hot chick. But I've never bothered with the show

Freyaka
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Right now my top 10 is in no order

Sherlock
Dr Who
Big Bang Theory
Fringe
Arrow
Two Broke Girls
How I met your Mother
Raising Hope
Walking Dead
Dexter (just started it so I'm only a few episodes in but it seems good)

Ravage!!!
01-09-2013, 06:48 PM

I watched the first season last week on DVD, and am now watching the second season via the internet.... GREAT show.

Ravage!!!
01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
So the free market is now a bad business model? In pretty much any industry, if you don't get enough clientele to make money, then you go out of business. Why should TV stations be exempt from that?

The TV stations are the ones that own the smaller stations/shows. THEY are the ones that don't want it changed, and THEY are the ones that are now hiring thousands of people to run, operate, and be IN Those shows. "FREE enterprise" is on THEIR end, not yours. How many things do you have to buy, but ONLY if you get "somethign" else along with it? That happens allllll the time and to think that the TV stations are exempt of something that is nearly a part of your everyday life, in all fashions of life, is being blind to the reality.

Turner isn't putting out millions on TV stations so that it can go bankrupt.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
I've got time for these:

Person of Interest
Elementary
Big Bang Theory
Finishing up with the season of the League
And Community whenever October 19th happens.

slim
01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I currently only watch NFL Total Access.

slim
01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh and sometimes Chopped, if I have time.

Timmy!
01-10-2013, 05:16 AM
I currently only watch NFL Total Access.

How are u liking the "lets all blow ray lewis" week?

weazel
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
for the "Shameless" fans out there, the season premiere is Sunday at 9. I love that show, makes you feel good about yourself

slim
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
How are u liking the "lets all blow ray lewis" week?

It makes me want to puke.

Good thing it will only last a few more days.

Freyaka
01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
It makes me want to puke.

Good thing it will only last a few more days.

Ya don't worry, we'll shut them up on Saturday.

WTE
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM

We just got Showtime a couple weeks ago and this has quickly become me and my wife's favorite show. We're still on season one, around episode 7 and it's fantastic.

My wife works nights so I wait for her to get home to watch. We watched two episodes last night and didn't get to bed till past 1:00am even though my alarm is set for 5:30.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Homeland is my favorite right now. but was watching Dexter last week. After finished with season 2 of Homeland, moving to Breaking Bad, finishing out the last season of Weeds, and I want to watch the 2nd season of Wilfred.

WTE
01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Homeland is my favorite right now. but was watching Dexter last week. After finished with season 2 of Homeland, moving to Breaking Bad, finishing out the last season of Weeds, and I want to watch the 2nd season of Wilfred.

My son loves Dexter. As soon as we hot Showtime he was on a 4 day Dexter Binge. It was all Dexter, all the time.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
My son loves Dexter. As soon as we hot Showtime he was on a 4 day Dexter Binge. It was all Dexter, all the time.

You know... with watching Breaking Bad, Weeds, and Wilfred.... one could assume I'm really into smoking weed. Ironically, Im much against weed smoking, but the shows are funny

Dexter is great.

If you guys want to save money, get a cheap laptop and hook up to CokeandPopcorn.eu, and cancel your showtime

Buff
01-25-2013, 12:24 PM
We just got Showtime a couple weeks ago and this has quickly become me and my wife's favorite show. We're still on season one, around episode 7 and it's fantastic.

My wife works nights so I wait for her to get home to watch. We watched two episodes last night and didn't get to bed till past 1:00am even though my alarm is set for 5:30.

I finally watched the first couple episodes of season 1 this week... It definitely piqued my interest. Been busy so haven't had a chance to binge watch - but will probably do so this weekend.

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I guess I'll wait until season 6 or so of Homeland, and then watch it all together in the space of a month like I did "The Wire" last year. It's very enjoyable to watch a series that way. :D

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I just wait for seasons to end and then hit up Pirate Bay.

Finished this season of AHS last night. What a disappointment

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I guess I'll wait until season 6 or so of Homeland, and then watch it all together in the space of a month like I did "The Wire" last year. It's very enjoyable to watch a series that way. :D

So you'll wait 6 years to get caught up on what everyone has moved on from? No wonder you are always a day late and a dollar short.:D

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I just wait for seasons to end and then hit up Pirate Bay.

Finished this season of AHS last night. What a disappointment

CokeandPopcorn has the show online within an hour of it showing live. In the meantime, they have all the back seasons of the shows you are looking to watch (well, most, but not all obviously. Not yet).

I watched all 8 seasons of Dexter, and have already watched nearlly 2 seasons of Homeland. But I'm going to look up Pirate Bay? is that online?

With Cokeandpopcorn.. there is no downloading.. and no torrents. Everything is live stream, so no viruses to worry about.

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
So you'll wait 6 years to get caught up on what everyone has moved on from? No wonder you are always a day late and a dollar short.

At that point I know if it's worth investing my time in. :D

Buff
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM

The problem is I never get around to doing that... But I need to do that very thing with The Wire and Boardwalk Empire... Also Game of Thrones, although I think that is only 1 or 2 seasons.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:32 PM
At that point I know if it's worth investing my time in. :D

Hah.. not into finding out for yourself, huh? I keed I keed...but seriously..... its ok to be at the front of the line. Try it!

WTE
I finally watched the first couple episodes of season 1 this week... It definitely piqued my interest. Been busy so haven't had a chance to binge watch - but will probably do so this weekend.

Homeland is from the same producers who did 24. That's why it has a similar structure. It's a takeoff from an Israeli show and is filmed in N.C.

CoachChaz
CokeandPopcorn has the show online within an hour of it showing live. In the meantime, they have all the back seasons of the shows you are looking to watch (well, most, but not all obviously. Not yet).

I watched all 8 seasons of Dexter, and have already watched nearlly 2 seasons of Homeland. But I'm going to look up Pirate Bay? is that online?

Yeah. www.thepiratebay.se...or something like that. You have to download the torrent files, but that's where I rip everything from since Demonoid got squashed. TV, music, movies, you name it

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
If you havent already, check out The Following. My buddy has a cousin that works for Fox and he got the first 4 episodes from her. All I can say is Holy Shit. Non stop action from beginning to end and really good story line.

WTE
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Is cokeandpopcorn HD quality?

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah. www.thepiratebay.se...or something like that. You have to download the torrent files, but that's where I rip everything from since Demonoid got squashed. TV, music, movies, you name it

Ahh.. Cokeandpopcorn doesn't require any downloading or torrents... so no viruses to worry about. Everything is live stream.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Is cokeandpopcorn HD quality?

Yes. It has different servers. Some have the HD and others don't. I use the 480 HD and blow it up to my 55" and its a gorgeous picture. Also is available for your ipad.. which is nice.

WTE
01-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes. It has different servers. Some have the HD and others don't. I use the 480 HD and blow it up to my 55" and its a gorgeous picture. Also is available for your ipad.. which is nice.

I just checked out the site. I'm not a big fan of giving my credit card number even though they say they won't charge you.

Not comfy with that.

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 12:41 PM
You guys should not be pirating these programs if you enjoy them. If the production companies can't make a profit, then they can't continue to make good series. .. . and we'll be stuck with more "King of the Nerds" and "Real Housewives" bullshit.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I just checked out the site. I'm not a big fan of giving my credit card number even though they say they won't charge you.

Not comfy with that.

I don't give my credit card number. Did you go to cokeandpopcorn.eu?

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
You guys should not be pirating these programs if you enjoy them. If the production companies can't make a profit, then they can't continue to make good series. .. . and we'll be stuck with more "King of the Nerds" and "Real Housewives" bullshit.

King of the Nerds?? :confused:

Cokeandpopcorn.eu isn't pirating. Right now, the service is free. I'm sure down the road, they will charge. Hulu used to be free, too, but its moved to a $8 month for the "Hulu Plus" program. Eventually, I'm sure Cokeandpopcorn will be a pay service as well, but, right now not only is it free, but its MUCH nicer than Hulu.

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 01:01 PM

It's not pirating...it's sharing

weazel
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM

1... I have never got a virus from downloading movies, shows or music on Piratebay and have been using it for at least 8 or 9 years
2... 480 is NOT HD... I dont care what kind of spin they try to give, it is not and never will be.

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Ahh.. Cokeandpopcorn doesn't require any downloading or torrents... so no viruses to worry about. Everything is live stream.

I like it because I can put it on a thumb drive and plug it into my tv in any room or put it on my phone and watch at work or wherever. I've yet to have any virus issues with it yet.

WTE
01-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't give my credit card number. Did you go to cokeandpopcorn.eu?

Yes, I went to register and it asked for a cc yet said they wouldn't charge it.

CoachChaz
01-25-2013, 01:13 PM

I had to do the same thing with my wife's Kindle. They've yet to charge me for anything. Might be legit

WTE
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
I had to do the same thing with my wife's Kindle. They've yet to charge me for anything. Might be legit

I will wait to register until I feel I really have a need. Between having ON Demand, A DVR and most movie channels I might be OK. But the site intrigues me.

weazel
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM
hmmm, I've never ahd to give my credit card info to Piratebay...

why would I give my credit card info to a site in Europe? people do the strangest things and then get mad when someone steals their money or identity.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM

Thats weird, I've never had to put my credit card in. In fact, ai'M watching the first episode of King of Thrones on my Ipad... no cc numbers had to be put in. Are you watching from a regular computer?

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
1... I have never got a virus from downloading movies, shows or music on Piratebay and have been using it for at least 8 or 9 years
2... 480 is NOT HD... I dont care what kind of spin they try to give, it is not and never will be.

1) Thats great for you, but downloading and using torrents increases the odds of viruses by a great deal

2) you can also stream in 720.... but sometimes streaming is slower unless you want to give time to buffer, which normally only takes a fiew minutes to give enough ahead to not cause stuttering.

WTE
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Thats weird, I've never had to put my credit card in. In fact, ai'M watching the first episode of King of Thrones on my Ipad... no cc numbers had to be put in. Are you watching from a regular computer?

Yes. I'm on a desktop.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Yes. I'm on a desktop.

cokeandpopcorn.EU???? I've never had to ut a cc in. Read on the website, I think you accidently clicked an advertisement. Seriously. You don't have to put in your CC number, I assure you. They say something about this on the website about clicking something wrong if you are asked for your cc.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Game of Thrones.. not King of Thrones

WTE
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I just saw excerpts from last night's Jimmy Kimmel Live where Matt Damon duck taped Jimmy to a chair and took over his show. He had all kinds of guests on like Robin Williams, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Sheryl Crow took over the band.

It was good.

NightTrainLayne
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Jimmy Kimmel's the best.

Thnikkaman
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Jimmy Kimmel's the best.

Yet he can't hold a candle to Craig Ferguson

SR
01-28-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm excited for The Americans to start on FX Wedneday night.

WTE
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm excited for The Americans to start on FX Wedneday night.

I saw the Trailer. It looks like a ripoff of Homeland.

Is it?

Skinny
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm excited for The Americans to start on FX Wedneday night.Looking forward to that one as well. It looks really good from the sneak peaks.

SR
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I saw the Trailer. It looks like a ripoff of Homeland.

Is it?

I don't know what Homeland is, but The Americans is about a couple of KGB spies in America. Is that what Homeland is about?

WTE
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know what Homeland is, but The Americans is about a couple of KGB spies in America. Is that what Homeland is about?

Homeland is about spies in general. The CIA vs. Terrorists. It's on Showtime and is excellent.

MileHighCrew
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Homeland is an excellent show

chazoe60
01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
I watched the first episode of The Following. I liked it a lot. I love serial killer stories so that show is right up my alley.

BTW, have any of you guys seen my duck tape, bone saw, and shovel. I need them back, they're important for my, ummmm......... job.......yeah that's it.......my job.

aberdien
01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Yet he can't hold a candle to Craig Ferguson

Absolutely. He's filming in New Orleans this week, should be a good time.

SR
01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Homeland is about spies in general. The CIA vs. Terrorists. It's on Showtime and is excellent.

I don't have Showtime. Sounds like an interesting show though.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
I watched the first episode of The Following. I liked it a lot. I love serial killer stories so that show is right up my alley.

BTW, have any of you guys seen my duck tape, bone saw, and shovel. I need them back, they're important for my, ummmm......... job.......yeah that's it.......my job.

The wife and I really enjoyed the pilot too. Going to be an interesting story line.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't have Showtime. Sounds like an interesting show though.

Get it. That show alone is worth the $$, and Showtime has several excellent shows right now.

WTE
01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Get it. That show alone is worth the $$, and Showtime has several excellent shows right now.

We just got it a couple weeks back for Homeland and Dexter. There's plenty other good shows too.

The last two nights my wife and I couldn't stop watching Homeland on demand. Saturday night we watched six episodes in a row and last night we were watching until 2:00 am and we had a 5:30am wake-up.

Buff
01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
I am halfway through Season 1 of Homeland. But I think I saw that it expires on OnDemand tomorrow or the next day, so I need to find a way to cram 6 episodes into tonight/tomorrow.

Thnikkaman
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I am halfway through Season 1 of Homeland. But I think I saw that it expires on OnDemand tomorrow or the next day, so I need to find a way to cram 6 episodes into tonight/tomorrow.

They talk about a drug in a show called Breaking Bad that may be a solution for you.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
We just got it a couple weeks back for Homeland and Dexter. There's plenty other good shows too.

The last two nights my wife and I couldn't stop watching Homeland on demand. Saturday night we watched six episodes in a row and last night we were watching until 2:00 am and we had a 5:30am wake-up.

Check out Shameless. Awesome. keep the kiddos away while watching though.

WTE
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM

We did try it. I liked it. The wife thought there was too much going on at one time. We only watched the series premier and I told her we should keep checking it out. That's often the case with series premiers anyway. They try to describe too much too quickly.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
You'll grow to absolutely hate the Dad.

Based on Thnik's description of his mom, it's the same person.

WTE
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
You'll grow to absolutely hate the Dad.

Based on Thnik's description of his mom, it's the same person.

He cracked me up in the premier.

SR
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that

SR
01-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Is it as bad as Californication or Hung?

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Is it as bad as Californication or Hung?

I haven't watched those shows, but from what I've heard, nearly as bad.

And, you have time. You make time.

SR
01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I haven't watched those shows, but from what I've heard, nearly as bad.

And, you have time. You make time.

I wish I could :(

BroncoJoe
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
My wife and I usually watch the shows we like in bed.

SR
01-28-2013, 03:20 PM
My wife and I usually watch the shows we like in bed.

We do too. I usually watch my shows when she's at school on Monday and Thursday night after I put my boy to bed.

Buff
01-29-2013, 10:39 AM
I finished Season 1 of Homeland last night...

On the whole, I like the show, but was a little disappointed with the season finale.

WTE
01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I finished Season 1 of Homeland last night...

On the whole, I like the show, but was a little disappointed with the season finale.

I don't know. That bunker sequence was pretty tense.

Buff
01-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't know. That bunker sequence was pretty tense.

Yeah - tense but anticlimactic. I don't like how they ended it.

WTE
01-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah - tense but anticlimactic. I don't like how they ended it.

It's just season 1 though. You can't expect them to tie up all loose ends and answer everything.

Although I think they should have ended the season finale in the bunker. The part w/ Carrie getting the electric shock treatment was the anticlimactic part for me.

Buff
01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
** HOMELAND SPOILERS**

It's just season 1 though. You can't expect them to tie up all loose ends and answer everything.

Although I think they should have ended the season finale in the bunker. The part w/ Carrie getting the electric shock treatment was the anticlimactic part for me.

Right - that's what I'm referring to. I think it was sort of a lame ending with her getting shock therapy and then them sort of quickly tying up the Nazir/Walker/Brody connection by Brody saying that he can infiltrate higher levels of gov't. Their 8 year plan just blew up in their face, and they just quickly shrug it off.

And finally - I thought it was sort of silly that they'd allow Brody in the bunker when his former sniper partner was the sole suspect.

WTE
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM
** HOMELAND SPOILERS**

Right - that's what I'm referring to. I think it was sort of a lame ending with her getting shock therapy and then them sort of quickly tying up the Nazir/Walker/Brody connection by Brody saying that he can infiltrate higher levels of gov't. Their 8 year plan just blew up in their face, and they just quickly shrug it off.

And finally - I thought it was sort of silly that they'd allow Brody in the bunker when his former sniper partner was the sole suspect.

There's a lot of stuff they let slide on that show w/out explaining. For example, when a President or VP has a function the whole area is sealed off and everyone has to pass through metal detectors. His vest would have been spotted.

Also, Walker cut a good size hole in a window. You don't think the Secret Service would have noticed that?

Ravage!!!
01-29-2013, 11:08 AM
** HOMELAND SPOILERS**

But yyou have to see that the shock treatment to Carrie is to just eliminate the "problem" she has, so they can move on with the series and her not being outed by the CIA because of her medical condition. Obviously, they will want to show "time has passed" between season 1 and 2, and having the shock treatments during the season doesn't give them that ability to show the time lapse as easily.