PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to visit Malcolm Jenkins

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 09:13 PM
The Broncos plan on traveling to Ohio State for an individual workout with CB Malcolm Jenkins next Friday.

Denver is a lock to go defense early in the draft, and Jenkins would bring much needed youth to the secondary.

interesting....i wouldnt draft him at 12 though...that's too high for a guy that will eventually convert to safety

elsid13
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
If he BPA on board then there is good chance he is the selection. There isn't much of talent drop off the LB or DE/DT position between the 1st and 3rd rounds.

EMB6903
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I would love to have Malcolm Jenkins fall to 12.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I would love to have Malcolm Jenkins fall to 12.

Malcolm Jenkins will be at 12 no doubt...i just dont feel he's worth the 12th pick because most likely he will be converting to safety (he's too slow to be a Cornerback in the NFL) and that's a huge risk drafting a Cornerback with the 12th overall pick only to convert him to free safety.

If we decide to go cornerback, Vontae Davis is the pick. i just dont see us taking Jenkins

EMB6903
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
He can play CB in a cover 2 scheme,

Safety or CB, I dont really care what position he plays... hes a football player and we need a ball hawk safety desperately... Rather wait it out and hope Chung lasts in the 2nd but I wouldnt be upset if we took a definate playmaker at 12

cuzz4169
03-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I do know are secondary was the worst in nfl history. Based on qb rating. I like him at 12 cb or s he's a playmaker. If raji is not there draft jenkins. 3-4 des are not worthy of the 12th pick they just aren't difference makers.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
He fits what Nolan would like at corner or safety. He has value at both positions for us. Took me a while to grasp Jenkins' value for us at #12, but Chaz has been spot in in that regard for a while. If the top options say Raji/Brown (IMHO) are gone at that point in time; Jackson/Jenkins would be two people to heavily consider there. It is good we're bringing him in.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 10:42 PM
He can play CB in a cover 2 scheme,

Safety or CB, I dont really care what position he plays... hes a football player and we need a ball hawk safety desperately... Rather wait it out and hope Chung lasts in the 2nd but I wouldnt be upset if we took a definate playmaker at 12

we wont run a tampa 2...and just because we draft Jenkins doesnt mean we'll convert entirely to a full-time cover-2 scheme.

Its too risky spending the 12th pick on him to play safety...and he would get burned worse than Dre Bly did since he's way too slow to play corner in the NFL.

For all we know...his skills might not translate to Free Safety :eek:

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
No, he is not too slow to play corner in the NFL. Might want to check the 40 times of the corners that were invited to Indy. You might find about five guys that ran sub 4.5 times. Only one of those players is projected to be a top round pick as well. Wanna play guess who? Might as well tell the top 20 prospects at corner in this years draft that they can't play corner if you are going to go with that logic.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 10:52 PM
No, he is not too slow to play corner in the NFL. Might want to check the 40 times of the corners that were invited to Indy. You might find about five guys that ran sub 4.5 times. Only one of those players is projected to be a top round pick as well. Wanna play guess who? Might as well tell the top 20 prospects at corner in this years draft that they can't play corner if you are going to go with that logic.

I'm not going soley based on 40-time :rolleyes:

IMO he was unimpressive at the combine...very stiff, slow, and mediocre.

I like the guy, i just dont think he'd make it in the NFL as a cornerback. He's basically Karl Paymah minus the speed...Paymah was a track star.

Tough, physical at the line, and good tackler

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah, which is why Karl Paymah was first-round pick, right?

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, which is why Karl Paymah was first-round pick, right?

Malcolm Jenkins has the football instincts and went to a great college progam. Karl Paymah has all the tools to be a great corner...except the brain

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Malcolm Jenkins has the football instincts and went to a great college progam. Karl Paymah has all the tools to be a great corner...except the brain

Malcolm Jenkins just ran a 4.12 forty because of what you said.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Malcolm Jenkins just ran a 4.12 forty because of what you said.

http://kevinrobinson.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/epic_fail.jpg

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Malcolm Lynch is who I'm all about.

honz
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Brice McCain is the best corner in this class. He ran a 4.24 forty.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Malcolm Lynch is who I'm all about.

http://insultants.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/epic-fail2.jpg

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

UnderArmour
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
If Malcolm Jenkins is the best non-offensive tackle/non-quarterback available, I want him at 12.

slim
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Brice McCain is the best corner in this class. He ran a 4.24 forty.

His 40 time makes him the best corner? Really?

I hope this is sarcasm.

EMB6903
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
My top 5 CB list....

1.Darius Butler
2.Malcolm Jenkins (although I think he will be an all pro safety in the league)
3.Alphonso Smith
4.Sean Smith
5.DJ Moore

I dont know what the hype is with Vonte Davis, I have never impressed with him.

honz
03-13-2009, 12:26 AM
His 40 time makes him the best corner? Really?

I hope this is sarcasm.

:coffee:

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
My top 5 CB list....

1.Darius Butler
2.Malcolm Jenkins (although I think he will be an all pro safety in the league)
3.Alphonso Smith
4.Sean Smith
5.DJ Moore

I dont know what the hype is with Vonte Davis, I have never impressed with him.

good thing you arent a scout...because Vontae Davis is the best cornerback in this draft :coffee:

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
good thing you arent a scout...because Vontae Davis is the best cornerback in this draft :coffee:

and why do you think that??

I bet its because his brother

Tell me what Vontae Davis does better then any of my top 5?

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 12:49 AM

No, the fact that his college career speaks for itself. He's very fast, physical, and a ballhawk. He's got ball skills, he's a playmaker, and it doesnt hurt to have good genes...

Vontae Davis will probably be the first corner picked...

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
His career speaks for itself??

He got BENCHED this year for disapearing in games and inconsistant play, Every draft analyst I hear when talking about him say he has a hard time being coached....(this is the number 1 sign to stay away from him in my opinion)

he has horrible instincts, doesnt have the greatest ball skills, he can deliver the blow but never wraps up
I like his athletisism, but thats about it.

You might be right him and Darius Butler have the most potential of anybody out of this group, but is the mentality there?

High risk high reward type of player

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Malcolm Jenkins will definately be the 1st CB taken

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:19 AM

whats Vernon done in the NFL? He's just a physical freak and thats it, if he had a qb i think he'd be great but so far he's done nothing..... and your really the only person i ve heard say vontae has no ball skills

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:26 AM

He got BENCHED this year for disapearing in games and inconsistant play, Every draft analyst I hear when talking about him say he has a hard time being coached....(this is the number 1 sign to stay away from him in my opinion)

he has horrible instincts, doesnt have the greatest ball skills, he can deliver the blow but never wraps up

You might be right him and Darius Butler have the most potential of anybody out of this group, but is the mentality there?

He got benched because of his work ethic not because of inconsistant play

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Overview
Few prospects -- in the 2009 draft or otherwise -- boast Davis' combination of size and athleticism. This is, outside of maybe his brother. Three years ago, it was Vernon Davis, Vontae's older brother, who rode a shocking Combine performance into being the San Francisco 49ers' choice with the sixth overall pick of the 2006 draft.

Throughout his career, Vontae Davis has demonstrated the same caliber of jaw-dropping athleticism as his older brother -- and been even more impressive in his ability to transfer that athleticism into gridiron success. Despite leaving after his junior season, Davis is a two-time first-team All-Big Ten selection at cornerback with a history of stepping up his play against top competition. He's physical (led all Big Ten cornerbacks with 78 tackles in 2008) and flashes playmaking ability (seven interceptions, two blocked kicks), but perhaps because the game seems to come so easy to him, there remain concerns about just how far he will develop.

Analysis
Positives: Rare combination of size and pure athleticism. Chiseled frame. Excellent straight-line speed. Loose hips to turn and run. Instinctive defender who recognizes the action when playing off-man or zone and closes downhill. Rare aggression in run support. Physical tackler with legitimate explosive hitting ability. Can separate the ball from the ball-carrier. Times his blitzes well and can close when the opportunity presents itself. Good special teams performer with punt and kick return experience. Blocked two kicks in 2007. May boast unmatched upside at this position.

Negatives: Inconsistent hands for the interception. Doesn't fight through blocks with the physicality in which he comes up to tackle. Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball. Faster in shorts than on the field. Peeks back at the quarterback and savvy route-runners can beat him with double moves. Was benched in 2008 by coach Ron Zook, creating questions about his work ethic. Concerns that Vontae, like his brother, Vernon Davis, may lack the drive to turn his unique athleticism into NFL success.

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

Was a top performer in 40, bench, 3 cone, and 20

was one of 2 corners to post sub 4.5's at the combine

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 02:55 AM
^^^ this kiddo is in love with me

challenges EVERYTHING I say

LMAO!

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Malcolm Jenkins will definately be the 1st CB taken

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1647

Vontae Davis is the younger brother of San Francisco tight end and former top ten pick, Vernon Davis. Athleticism obviously runs in this family, because both of the Davis brothers are freakishly strong and fast. Vontae is coming off an impressive sophomore campaign that saw him smother even the best receivers the Big Ten has to offer. Davis finished the season with 76 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions, 8 passes broken up, and he even blocked 2 kicks on special teams. Other than Malcolm Jenkins, Davis is the best defensive back available in this year's draft. Davis has the potential to put up an untouchable amount of reps on the bench press, and possibly run in the high 4.3 range in the 40. Davis had a down year by his standards, but Illinois' abysmal pass rush didn't make his job any easier. He recorded 78 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions, 10 passes broken up in coverage, and 3 forced fumbles during the 2008 campaign. During his time at Illinois, Davis has improved drastically. He has gotten to the point where opposing defenses have virtually stopped throwing in his direction; cutting the field in half for offenses. He would be a great fit for an aggressive team because he's an excellent blitzer. Davis is just as comfortable rushing the passer from the corner spot as he is in coverage. Davis is a sure fire first rounder this year, and shouldn't slide past the top 20 for any reason.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vontae-davis?id=79901#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis
Top performer in: 40-yard dash | Bench press | 3-cone drill | 20-yard shuttle.

Vontae Davis isnt a "tweener", he's a pure Cornerback. Malcolm Jenkins wont make it in the NFL as a cornerback...he's a free safety in the NFL. IMO.

BTW, the reason that "kiddo" is challenging everything you say is because you dont know what you're talking about half the time :coffee:

bullis26
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
couldnt have said it better myself getlynched, perfect

West
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
:rolleyes: I really hope we don't waste a pick on this guy. If we were going to draft a DB in round 1.. I would hope it would be Alphonso Smith.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Alphlonso smith is a great playmaker, too bad the guy had to play for WF. but 12 is a bit high for smith, i'd prefer Vontae Davis. I really would like chung though in the second but we have bigger needs than in our secondary IMO i think we need front 7 guys

West
03-13-2009, 02:01 PM

Agreed 100%. He should be in jail for theft of the Thorpe Award. He stole that from Eric Berry.

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Agreed 100%. He should be in jail for theft of the Thorpe Award. He stole that from Eric Berry.

Good one West :lol:....it would of been funny if you were right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe_Award

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM

davis didnt win the thorpe, that was jenkins....and once again davis was benched because of attitude problems

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vontae-davis?id=79901#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Vontae Davis isnt a "tweener", he's a pure Cornerback. Malcolm Jenkins wont make it in the NFL as a cornerback...he's a free safety in the NFL. IMO.

BTW, the reason that "kiddo" is challenging everything you say is because you dont know what you're talking about half the time :coffee:

Arent you the one that said one of the dumbest football comments ive ever seen on this board?? I think it was this... "Nose Tackles dont need to be explosive"

LMAO! im still laughing at that one....

anyways....

who said Vontae Davis was a tweener?

you keep bringing up Malcolm Jenkins speed, hows Ronde Barbers speed?

How is Marlin Jackson's speed?

what about Chris Mccallister?

I highly doubt you have seen both play you are just going by what you hear off of ESPN, the only thing Vontae Davis brings to the table more then Malcolm Jenkins is speed, other then that Jenkins is better at every aspect.... who cares about the combine? I never once argued the combine, Vontae will be a work out warrior just like his brother... he wont make it in the NFL though and I guarentee you he wont be the first CB taken

Lets put it this way... how about we bet who the first CB will be taken, If Vontae is Ill leave this site for good... If Malcolm Jenkins gets picked first, you go back to your trashy little Broncos site you got banned from for acting like a child, deal?

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
who said Vontae Davis was a tweener?

you keep bringing up Malcolm Jenkins speed, hows Ronde Barbers speed?

How is Marlin Jackson's speed?

what about Chris Mccallister?

I highly doubt you have seen both play you are just going by what you hear off of ESPN, the only thing Vontae Davis brings to the table more then Malcolm Jenkins is speed, other then that Jenkins is better at every aspect.... who cares about the combine? I never once argued the combine, Vontae will be a work out warrior just like his brother... he wont make it in the NFL though and I guarentee you he wont be the first CB taken

Lets put it this way... how about we bet who the first CB will be taken, If Vontae is Ill leave this site for good... If Malcolm Jenkins gets picked first, you go back to your trashy little Broncos site you got banned from for acting like a child, deal?

just because somebody is picked first doesnt mean they'll be a better pro

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
I guess the private work out was pushed back until next week...

"Breer reports that Jenkins’ private workout with the Denver Broncos has been shifted to the middle of next week."

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 06:26 PM
davis didnt win the thorpe, that was jenkins....and once again davis was benched because of attitude problems

I get that you are rebutting his point...but how is this necessarily better?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I like Jenkins. I've said it for a while now. We could just take him and then figure out where to put him. He can be successful at CB or Safety. Our Free Agents aren't great, but they are an upggrade over the 08 bunch and give us some flexibility if we wanted to try a guy like Jenkins at either Saftey or CB. I still prefer Jackson and Brown (front 7 please), but I could definitely live w/ Jenkins.

West
03-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Good one West :lol:....it would of been funny if you were right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe_Award

Dang. I thought he was talking about Jenkins.

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Some one is high on berry...

Na I like Berry a lot too I think he will be the first defensive player taken next year, and I agree he should have won it, him or Alphonso Smith had great years.... But to say Jenkins wasnt worthy is crazy, teams didnt even look his way 90% of the time he was on the field, and is great against the run.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Berry=Clapton...and Clapton=God!

EMB6903
03-13-2009, 11:44 PM
dumbest football comment? LMFAO okay captain Ignoramus :coffee:

Last time I checked, not all 3-4 teams have an explosive Nose Tackle. Jamal Williams of San Diego is not explosive, he's just a huge presence inside with great strength.

:rolleyes:

Jamal Williams isnt explosive?

LMAO!

what makes you say that?

you act as if whoever is bigger then 320+ pounds isnt explosive nor athletic but just a "presense"

Dr Velcro
03-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I never said that...you did genious :coffee:

Shaun Rogers is explosive. Kris Jenkins is explosive, Haloti Ngata is explosive. BJ Raji is explosive

Jamal Williams is not explosive...he's a big man in the middle.

Ron Brace is not explosive...he's a big man in the middle.

Dont bother to respond again, because I'll just make you look like a fool again :coffee:

Is that spelled right?

And if it's not....
Is that considered irony?

Dr Velcro
03-14-2009, 12:25 AM
ya I love when people spell genius wrong, that right there tells you how ignorant they really are....

OMG, I like this guy.

But yeah, he spelled it wrong.

And that's irony.

Glorious irony.

getlynched47
03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
every productive interior lineman, regardless offense or defense has to be explosive, esspecially when you are a nose tackle containing 2 gaps.... Now let me ask you 1 more time since you failed to answer the question

What makes you think Jamall Williams isnt explosive?

Explosive in the sense of "pass-rush"...that's how I measure explosion in a defensive lineman...heck that's how many scouts measure explosion on defensive lineman. When they say a defensive lineman is "explosive", they usually follow it up with "sacks".

Jamal Williams has 13 sacks in 12 years.

Shaun Rogers has 33.5 sacks in 9 years.

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Explosive in the sense of "pass-rush"...that's how I measure explosion in a defensive lineman...heck that's how many scouts measure explosion on defensive lineman. When they say a defensive lineman is "explosive", they usually follow it up with "sacks".

Jamal Williams has 13 sacks in 12 years.

Shaun Rogers has 33.5 sacks in 9 years.

Judging a defensive tackles production based on stats is retarded, Jamal williams isnt asked to go out and rack up sacks, hes asked to contain both a gaps, as well as hold his blockers, that doesnt happen if you arent explosive off the snap... I cant believe you are trying to argue that an all pro defensive tackle is just a "presense" because his size

Scouts measure how explosive a player is by game film, then broad jump and a verticle jump, not "how many sacks they produce"

Make me laugh some more

Dr Velcro
03-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Judging a defensive tackles production based on stats is retarded, Jamal williams isnt asked to go out and rack up sacks, hes asked to contain both a gaps, as well as hold his blockers, that doesnt happen if you arent explosive off the snap... I cant believe you are trying to argue that an all pro defensive tackle is just a "presense" because his size

Scouts measure how explosive a player is by game film, then broad jump and a verticle jump, not "how many sacks they produce"

Make me laugh some more

Presents?

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey atleast I didnt mis-spell "genious" right?

thats like calling somebody "retarted"

he high fived himself LMAO!

getlynched47
03-14-2009, 12:48 AM

Make me laugh some more

it's "presence" :rolleyes:

honestly, if you're gonna make fun of my spelling...you should learn how to spell first :coffee:.

Watch some Shaun Rogers, then watch some Jamal Williams...then come back to me because you obviously do not know the difference between an explosive Defensive Tackle and a Run stuffing, block-occupying, PRESENCE :coffee:

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 12:49 AM
it's "presence" :rolleyes:

honestly, if you're gonna make fun of my spelling...you should learn how to spell first :coffee:.

Watch some Shaun Rogers, then watch some Jamal Williams...then come back to me because you obviously do not know the difference between an explosive Defensive Tackle and a Run stuffing, block-occupying, PRESENCE :coffee:

Tell me why Jamal Williams isnt explosive, quit dodging

I know you arent just gonna use "he doesnt have that many sacks" as the reason right?

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Let me be the first to tell you, any defensive tackle/Interior lineman that is successful in this league is explosive

are you and Bullis the same person?

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Wipe the tears off of your eyes and explain why you dont think a NT needs to be explosive?

ive asked you many times this week yet you keep dodging the question...

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 01:13 AM
I know this is way off topic but Get Lynched.... Bullis.... Here ya go

Imagine walking down a crowded New York sidewalk and colliding head-on with someone heading in the other direction. While the two of you try to disengage, another guy sideswipes you. Then, someone else shoves you from the other side. These other pedestrians are big, strong and wear heavy body padding, and the jostling continues block after block after block.

Now you know how it feels to be a 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL. Sort of. "To play that position, you really have to be a stud" says the Raiders' Ted Washington, 36, who is playing nose tackle for the 14th season and with his sixth team. "You get pounded on every play."

"You've got to be a bad ass to play there, no question" says Ravens defensive line coach Rex Ryan.

Nose tackle is a down-and-dirty position--the most physically demanding in football. It comprises lots of exertion, body trauma and grunt work but no glamour and little recognition. It requires you to sacrifice your body so your teammates can make the tackles and capture the glory.

Here's the job description: Needs to be strong and stout. Has a quickly diagnose blocking schemes and plays. Must stand his ground, plug the gaps on either side of the center, take on constant double- teams and keep offensive line men from reaching linebackers. Physical distress is to be expected.

"Oh, man, everything hurts," says Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton. "Your legs hurt, your hips hurt from getting hit so much. All my fingers are jammed by the third or fourth game of the season. You just get used to it. The best nose tackles share several physical characteristics besides aches and pains. Necessary traits include girth, balance, quick hands, a low center of gravity, explosive hips and strength in both the upper and lower body. Nose tackles must establish hand position on the center, absorb--and sometimes shed--combination blocks and stay on their feet. If they can't make the play, they have to keep linebackers free so they can.

A 3-4 nose tackle has to stay square to the line, get underneath the center's pads, anchor and hold his ground. His primary responsibility is to control the "A" gaps, the two openings between the center and guards, and not get pushed back into his linebackers. If a running play comes through one of those gaps, he must make the tackle or control what is called the "jump-through"--the guard or center who is trying to get out to the linebackers.

For example, if the Texans' Seth Payne can stop a lineman from getting to the next level, inside linebackers Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman can be free to make tackles. And if the nose tackle can penetrate inside and collapse the pocket on a pass play--a bonus--it creates one-on-one matchups for the ends and outside linebackers.

Leverage is essential. Half the battle is getting inside hand position on the center, jamming him and standing him up. That's why being shorter isn't necessarily a bad thing. The taller the nose tackle, the more he has to bend his knees. Lean, slender bodies need not apply.

One of the biggest challenges for a nose tackle--especially in the face of all the double- and sometimes triple-teams--is to stand his ground and not allow himself to be displaced. "The worst thing is not knowing where that double-team is coming from when you're head-up on the center;' says Washington. "You're looking for the ballcarrier, and one of the guards can ring your bell."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_42_228/ai_n6249316

Lonestar
03-14-2009, 01:55 AM
needless to say there was alot of Personal Attack/Insults going on in this thread..

Most of which where totally off topic..

so lets get
:focus:

bullis26
03-14-2009, 01:57 AM
says Ravens defensive line coach Rex Ryan - this must be VERY VERY OLD, T.O. in the niners days..... very credible information

But arent you the same guy thats so high on Ron Brace, he's not explosive at all, so you dont know what your talking about, must we bring up kris jenkins again, we both agreed he's a great NT, but he hardly plays in the backfield

bullis26
03-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Some one is high on berry...

Na I like Berry a lot too I think he will be the first defensive player taken next year, and I agree he should have won it, him or Alphonso Smith had great years.... But to say Jenkins wasnt worthy is crazy, teams didnt even look his way 90% of the time he was on the field, and is great against the run.

berry first defensive player taken next year? you must be thinking taylor mays is going to get seriously hurt or just dont know who he is.... he's one of the hardest hitting people i've seen play this game, and he's pretty big guy, that runs a 4.3. Berry will be the second maybe third defensive player taken after mays, maybe spikes

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 02:04 AM
says Ravens defensive line coach Rex Ryan - this must be VERY VERY OLD, T.O. in the niners days..... very credible information

But arent you the same guy thats so high on Ron Brace, he's not explosive at all, so you dont know what your talking about, must we bring up kris jenkins again, we both agreed he's a great NT, but he hardly plays in the backfield

Im not high on Ron Brace at all, you must have me mistaken for somebody else.

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 02:10 AM
berry first defensive player taken next year? you must be thinking taylor mays is going to get seriously hurt or just dont know who he is.... he's one of the hardest hitting people i've seen play this game, and he's pretty big guy, that runs a 4.3. Berry will be the second maybe third defensive player taken after mays, maybe spikes

Eric Berry has more INT's in a 5 game span then Taylor mays has in his entire career

Mays= 180 tackles 4 ints in 3 years at usc = ALL HYPE

Berry= 158 tackles 12 ints in 2 years at tennessee = best safety prospect since Sean Taylor

bullis26
03-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Eric Berry has more INT's in a 5 game span then Taylor mays has in his entire career

Mays= 180 tackles 4 ints in 3 years at usc = ALL HYPE

Berry= 158 tackles 12 ints in 2 years at tennessee = best safety prospect since Sean Taylor

have you seen mays hits? obviously not..... mays puts fear in the opposing players they think twice about coming down the middle, and berry i havent seen him hit like sean taylor yeah the guy can hit but not like mays or taylor.... and i think berry will be a FS in the NFL, and mays didnt start all three years so that number is false, mays will be a ss in the nfl and he will dominate....dont get me wrong berry will be more like ed reed(not as good but still great) while taylor mays will be like sean taylor....either one take your pick they'll both be good, but berry better play making ability, and mays bigger hitter, bigger, faster (hes a BEAST)

bullis26
03-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Im not high on Ron Brace at all, you must have me mistaken for somebody else.

well your smart for once, but oh well i was wrong about that being you, i atleast can admit when im wrong

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Ive seen Mays hit, hes a good hitter NOT a ball hawk nor a playmaker though, hes definately a freak athlete who will run in the 4.3's but as much as I watch USC he doesnt stand out as much as he should, in fact I was more impressed with Ellison this year.

Eric Berry is the true definition of a playmaker, every single time I watch Tennessee the kid is making plays. I think he could play either CB or Safety in the pro's

bullis26
03-14-2009, 02:30 AM
nvm i was wrong about mays, he started in week 2 of freshman year..... sean taylor wasnt much of a playmaker, he jsut could hit VERY hard, you dont need to be a playmaker at SS, at FS you do trust me i know A LOT about safeties, a SS is basically another LB but in the secondary, he needs to be able to punish everybody running by him, he needs to hit like no other.... Ed reed played SS beginning this year, look at his stats in the beggining of the year(he played SS due to injury) he didnt have many INTS, but he came back to FS and started dominating again....Bob sanders, Polumulu those guys are SS they get picks but they arent on the same level as reed playmaker wise(an argument can be made for troy but he plays out of position a lot and takes many chances) but reed isnt on the same level as them with hitting, tackling, or anything due to SS

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 02:49 AM
nvm i was wrong about mays, he started in week 2 of freshman year..... sean taylor wasnt much of a playmaker, he jsut could hit VERY hard, you dont need to be a playmaker at SS, at FS you do trust me i know A LOT about safeties, a SS is basically another LB but in the secondary, he needs to be able to punish everybody running by him, he needs to hit like no other.... Ed reed played SS beginning this year, look at his stats in the beggining of the year(he played SS due to injury) he didnt have many INTS, but he came back to FS and started dominating again....Bob sanders, Polumulu those guys are SS they get picks but they arent on the same level as reed playmaker wise(an argument can be made for troy but he plays out of position a lot and takes many chances) but reed isnt on the same level as them with hitting, tackling, or anything due to SS

I dont know where you are getting this information from, Sean Taylor was probably the best playmaker ive ever seen playing safety at the college level, he had 14 ints in 3 years at miami starting only 2 years(10 interceptions alone as a junior, I think thats a record) was the big east special teams player of the year his freshman year and big east defensive player of the year during his junior season

11 Ints in the pro's in 3 1/2 years

and Mays has played FS his entire career at USC and had 4 ints, all hype no production if you ask me.

EMB6903
03-14-2009, 04:49 AM

It depends what scheme you are in, In a cover 2 Strong Safetys have to be very versatile, they have pretty much the same responsibility as a Free Safety

Also you are completely wrong about Ed Reed not being able to play on the same level as Polamalu at Strong Safety..... the year Ed Reed won the defensive player of the year award he was the strong safety I believe he made the switch to free 2 years ago.

http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsFBP/BC-FBP-LGNS-BALTIMOREDEPTH-R.html

:salute:

bullis26
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
It depends what scheme you are in, In a cover 2 Strong Safetys have to be very versatile, they have pretty much the same responsibility as a Free Safety

Also you are completely wrong about Ed Reed not being able to play on the same level as Polamalu at Strong Safety..... the year Ed Reed won the defensive player of the year award he was the strong safety I believe he made the switch to free 2 years ago.

http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsFBP/BC-FBP-LGNS-BALTIMOREDEPTH-R.html

:salute:

well idk what happened to him this year, but did you watch ravens games in the beginning of the year? he was a SS, he didnt impress me at all but by the time he came back to FS he was a beast again, and that would've had to been atleast two years ago because adalius was still on that team.....and SS in cover 2 still has to strike fear in the offense, he just normally wont line up in the box unless his name is troy polumulu, FS 99% have better play making ability, and SS 99% can hit MUCH MUCH harder, except i'm pretty sure sean taylor was a FS(not 100% sure, dont feel like checking) but he's an exception to that rule

bullis26
03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
My top 10 prospect list
1.Aaron Curry 2.Michael Crabtree 3.B.J. Raji 4.Everette Brown 5.Andre Smith 6.Jason Smith 7.Jeremy Maclin 8.Tyson Jackson 9.Malcolm Jenkins 10.Patrick Chung

you have patrick chung in there? hes the best safety in this draft IMO, but not a top 10 prospect, Andre smith? the guy is great but is very immature, wheres michael oher... Chung will be a 2nd rd pick

My Top 10 Prospects 1. Curry 2. Crabtree 3. Mauluga 4. Raji 5. Jason Smith 6. Everette Brown 7.Micheal Oher 8. Brian Orakapo 9. Malcolm Jenkins 9. Brian Cushing 10. Knowshon Moreno
With tyson jackson closely behind at 11

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Malcolm Jenkins will be at 12 no doubt...i just dont feel he's worth the 12th pick because most likely he will be converting to safety (he's too slow to be a Cornerback in the NFL) and that's a huge risk drafting a Cornerback with the 12th overall pick only to convert him to free safety.

If we decide to go cornerback, Vontae Davis is the pick. i just dont see us taking Jenkins

Safety is not TOO much of a grab although, He can play NB.

Vontae Davis is a flavor clown. Mark it down Jenkins will be a better pro then Davis. if he is anything like his other relative in the NFL he is gonna struggle mightily.

Also you have to factor in Vontee not being a team player and a malcontent. Denver is sidestepping that pot hole.

Cancers eat the team from the Inside. I.E. Check TO in his last couple of stops.

McD puts a high priority on team first players.
Just my two cents.

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not going soley based on 40-time :rolleyes:

IMO he was unimpressive at the combine...very stiff, slow, and mediocre.

I like the guy, i just dont think he'd make it in the NFL as a cornerback. He's basically Karl Paymah minus the speed...Paymah was a track star.

Tough, physical at the line, and good tackler

How can you like the guy and then say. He is stiff and slow mediocre. and then question if he can play FS. It's posts like this that make me laugh at you.

bullis26
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Safety is not TOO much of a grab although, He can play NB.

Vontae Davis is a flavor clown. Mark it down Jenkins will be a better pro then Davis. if he is anything like his other relative in the NFL he is gonna struggle mightily.

Just my two cents.

i think jenkins will be an antrel rolle (i dont think rolle has been too bad) but about vernon davis, look who he's had throwing him the ball, IMO he's a decent if not better than decent blocker, but he's a recieving TE and he's had JT O' sullivan, Trent Dilfer, Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, and am i missing anybody else? Throwing him the ball, remeber moss in oakland he didnt put up good stats, it sometimes can be the qb's fault not always the reciever and vice versa

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 12:11 PM

I think you just read vernon davis scouting profile.

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 12:16 PM
i think jenkins will be an antrel rolle (i dont think rolle has been too bad) but about vernon davis, look who he's had throwing him the ball, IMO he's a decent if not better than decent blocker, but he's a recieving TE and he's had JT O' sullivan, Trent Dilfer, Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, and am i missing anybody else? Throwing him the ball, remeber moss in oakland he didnt put up good stats, it sometimes can be the qb's fault not always the reciever and vice versa

If indeed he does convert to safety i heard he was quoted as saying that he is gonna have to make the adjustment. It will take him a year or so much like it did Rolle. Rolle last year towards the end played lights out. and i expect him to only build on it.

Look what mike singletary says about the guy. So i understand he doesn't have a great QB but he is a cancer to the team about NOT getting the ball. He is a me first player and i am glad he isn't with the broncos.

Teams firing on all cylinders win games. players don't win games. Every man must do his job selflessly . The epitome of this thought is a 3-4 NT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 12:19 PM

BTW, the reason that "kiddo" is challenging everything you say is because you dont know what you're talking about half the time :coffee:Pot meet Kettle.

bullis26
03-14-2009, 12:30 PM
If indeed he does convert to safety i heard he was quoted as saying that he is gonna have to make the adjustment. It will take him a year or so much like it did Rolle. Rolle last year towards the end played lights out. and i expect him to only build on it.

Look what mike singletary says about the guy. So i understand he doesn't have a great QB but he is a cancer to the team about NOT getting the ball. He is a me first player and i am glad he isn't with the broncos.

Teams firing on all cylinders win games. players don't win games. Every man must do his job selfishly. The epitome of this thought is a 3-4 NT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

no arguing he's a cancer, but i think give him a QB, he'll be a BEAST