PDA

View Full Version : Broncos bringing in raji

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Broncos are bringing in Raji this week. Came out of Rajis mouth on NFL Access.....

HHHHMMMMMMMmmmm...............:confused:

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
So.........is this a smokescreen?

Is this where they put him through NT specific workouts and knowledge tests?

Why would Denver show their hand?

Is it just in case hes available?

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm................:conf used:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I'll be shocked out of my mind if he makes it past #10.

dogfish
03-12-2009, 08:58 PM

maybe bus cook can plant a kilo of coke in the trunk of bj's car. . . .

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 09:03 PM

we should be able to get him with the #1 choice we get from DET if we use it the way..

Scarface
03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Denver is going to look at a lot of the top guys. No big deal.

OrangeStar7
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Duh...er...uh....or maybe McDip is working out a trade involving Jay with one of the teams drafting in the top 5 in Round One! Wonder who??

slim
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Good Lord...this place is going to hell in a hand basket.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Good Lord...this place is going to hell in a hand basket.

think this is a shot over the bus to let them think about someones stupidity or lack of maturity.

Wonder if jay will like DET..

slim
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
think this is a shot over the bus to let them think about someones stupidity or lack of maturity.

No, I think they are interviewing prospects that are available in the upcoming draft.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Raji at #12 would be a gift...

slim
03-12-2009, 09:17 PM
You guys are right, we should probably just ignore every player that may be drafted before we pick. That is a good idea. I like it.

In fact, we should probably just ignore anyone that has first round talent.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
No, I think they are interviewing prospects that are available in the upcoming draft.

If you really think he will be there at 12..

Psssst I have some ocean front land for sale next door to my house..

I see this as a hey stupid we can get something of value for your whinny ass..

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
You guys are right, we should probably just ignore every player that may be drafted before we pick. That is a good idea. I like it.

In fact, we should probably just ignore anyone that has first round talent.

Why? we are gonna have three picks might as well bring a bunch in to chat with..

slim
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Due diligence....it is a good thing.

red98
03-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Good point, last year at this time most mocks had Clady gone
by the 8th pick (BAL) at the latest.

dogfish
03-12-2009, 09:33 PM
If you really think he will be there at 12..

Psssst I have some ocean front land for sale next door to my house..

I see this as a hey stupid we can get something of value for your whinny ass..

exactly! even if you don't THINK he's going to be there at 12, you never know-- guys fall all the time, and if you haven't done your due dilligence you're faced with either picking him blindly or passing over a great value. . . admittedly, right now raji looks like a top ten lock, but a lot can happen between now and the end of april. . . maybe he gets drunk and punches some dude at a bar, or something stupid like that that's just enough to cause teams to question whether they want to pay him that much money when there's also a prospect like michael crabtree or everette brown sitting there. . . tommie harris fell to 15 and vince wilfork fell to 18-- alan branch fell all the way to 32. . . i don't think raji will, but being prepared for as many scenarios as possible is just smart management. . .

or, maybe they're considering trading up to #8 to get him if he happens to fall past seattle and cincy, and they're trying to decide if it'd be worth it. . . who knows, but even if the chances are remote, IMO we'd be awfully stupid not to at least take a look at him considering how badly we need a nosetackle. . . . sure doesn't hurt anything. . .

slim
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Red and Dog are both right.

You can't just assume someone will be gone before you pick. You have to look at everybody (which I think was one of Shanny's biggest weakness as a FO guy).

Now, lets assume that Raji does fall to number 12. If we have never looked at him, studied the film, interviewed him, etc...then how the hell do we know if we want him?

I can imagine the outrage we would hear on this board if after the draft McD said at his presser, "well, we didn't think Raji would be there...so we never really looked at him. That is why we took dream, instead".

Yeah, you guys are right. McD has no clue what he is doing.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm glad Denver is being very active in bringing in prospects for the interview process. Jennings and Brown at running back, now Jenkins and Raji on the defensive side of the ball. Cody Brown, DE/OLB has been mentioned as well. That's four or five. . . pending on if the Cody Brown one has any truth to it. I believe teams have a limit of around 15-20 private workouts they can have; but I'm not sure of the exact number. Thanks for the heads up.

honz
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Nobody knows how the draft is gonna go down. Raji may be lower on teams' boards than he is on the draft "experts'" boards...when does a draft actually go down as predicted by the draft gurus?

Bring him in, take a look at him, cover your bases.

DenBronx
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
i think were just preparing in case raji does drop to 12. highley unlikely at this point but hey anything can happen on draft day and its better we know 100% now what he is all about other then scrambling around in the war room on draft day.

id be happy with this pick.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
i think were just preparing in case raji does drop to 12. highley unlikely at this point but hey anything can happen on draft day and its better we know 100% now what he is all about other then scrambling around in the war room on draft day.

id be happy with this pick.

They're doing their homework just in case he falls all the way to 12 or possible some point in the top 10 where he is attainable.

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM

If you think hes going to Detroit........yer mama didnt do a good job.

Broncos6FTW
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM

Those left with Shanny. :elefant:

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Those left with Shanny. :elefant:

HHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................... .:confused:

Maybe.:D

Broncos6FTW
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
HHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................... .:confused:

Maybe.:D

The management seems very upfront lately.. :lol:

DenBronx
03-12-2009, 11:46 PM
if were going to do our homework then we might as well bring in crabtree, orakpo, cushing, jl and rey. with the way things are going with mcimabigfatliar id say bring in sanchez just in case.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 11:58 PM
The management seems very upfront lately.. :lol:

Bronocos management fails harder than Homer Simpson trying to use his brain...

Requiem / The Dagda
03-13-2009, 12:04 AM
You're way too into the Simpsons.

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
You're way too into the Simpsons.

You're way too into failing :coffee:

Broncos6FTW
03-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Bronocos management fails harder than Homer Simpson trying to use his brain...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4491/homerdohl.jpg = Front Office lately. :lol:

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 12:24 AM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4491/homerdohl.jpg = Front Office lately. :lol:

:laugh:
http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/idiot2.jpg= Josh McDaniels :lol:

Magnificent Seven
03-13-2009, 12:27 AM
I dont think so. Bring Rey Maualuga in.

Broncos6FTW
03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
http://dontdatethatdude.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/idiot2.jpg= Josh McDaniels :lol:

How come you didnt call him McDipShit?! :confused:

Broncos6FTW
03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
I dont think so. Bring Rey Maualuga in.

He's probably next on their list, who knows? :confused:

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 12:34 AM

How come you didnt call him McDipShit?! :confused:

Because calling him McDipShit is giving him too much credit :lol:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/01/20/inside1-2006-1-20-josh-mcdaniels.jpg

A face only a mother could love...

WARHORSE
03-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Couple of photos from the New England Patitots website of Josh.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/01/20/inside1-2006-1-20-josh-mcdaniels.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/monkey.jpg

Astrass
03-13-2009, 01:57 AM
What happened to Raji not being a fit for the 3-4? I haven't been following the draft class.

OrangeStar7
03-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Because calling him McDipShit is giving him too much credit :lol:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/01/20/inside1-2006-1-20-josh-mcdaniels.jpg

A face only a mother could love...

That's why I just call him McDip or McS**t; or sometimes just leave off the Mc.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Analysis
Positives: Flashes rare burst off the snap for a man his size and can penetrate into the backfield and disrupt the play without necessarily making the tackle. ... Good strength and mass at the point of attack to create a pile. ... Good short-area lateral quickness. ... Experienced. Missed the 2007 season due to academics, but leaves BC with 38 career starts. ... Locates the ball quickly and works to make the play. ... At his best lining up at the nose, though he flashes the initial burst off the snap to be effective as the under-tackle in the 4-3 alignment. ... Strong enough to pull down ballcarriers with just his arms. ... Arguably the single-most dominant player during the week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

Negatives: Marginal height for the position. ... Only adequate to shed blocks due to his short arms and lack of sustained quickness. ... Rare quickness in confined space, but lacks the speed to sustain and struggles to make an impact outside of the guard box. ... Flashes the burst off the snap for the three-technique (under tackle in the 4-3 alignment), but is only a marginal pass rusher. ... Relies on his initial burst off the snap and an occasional spin move to pressure. ... Reliable tackler, but lacks the balance and lateral quickness to break down and make the tackle in space. ... Most effective when operating as part of a rotation. ... Maturity is a concern. ... Has struggled with his weight, playing in 2006 at more than 350 pounds. ... Was suspended for the first half of the Clemson game in 2006 for throwing a punch at a Central Michigan player. ... Missed the entire 2007 season due to academics.

he's been suspended twice, his maturity is being questioned....not sure he's what i want

fcspikeit
03-13-2009, 04:40 AM

Is this where they put him through NT specific workouts and knowledge tests?

Why would Denver show their hand?

Is it just in case hes available?

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm................:conf used:

Now if he does fall, everyone will know they have to trade up just in front of us to take him :laugh:

You never know, that could be the plan? Makes as much sense as wanting to trade a 25 year old Probowl QB..

I'm sure Raji will want to be valued over that of the average LS, therefore he isn't a good fit with McDaniels plans.. Who wants a selfish player like that anyways?

WARHORSE
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Howard Ulman, of the Associated Press, reports Boston College DT B.J. Raji (http://www.kffl.com/player/19339/nfl) is scheduled to work out with the Denver Broncos (http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl) March 20.

frauschieze
03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Don't know if this has been said or not, haven't read the whole thread.....

But how strange is it to know that we could actually make a play for this guy, where we knew in the past, if we brought in a 1st round talent, it meant we weren't touching them. :laugh:

CoachChaz
03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Some people just cant help themselves but to say really dumb things. Make this place suck...alot.

Mike
03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Pat Kirwan's recent mock. :noidea:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f330d5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

1.Lions - Jason Smith OT Baylor

2. Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

3. Chiefs - Brian Orakpo LB Texas

4. Seahawks - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

5. Browns - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

6. Bengals - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

7. Raiders - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

8. Jaguars - Mark Sanchez QB USC

9. Packers - Andre Smith OT Alabama

10. 49ers - Michael Oher OT Mississippi

11. Bills - Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

12. Broncos - B.J. Raji DT Boston College

underrated29
03-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Weird...Seriously had a dream last night that we drafted raji then laruinits and then brace- and then they all threw a halloween party and i was the juice guy, but instead of serving juice to people i had to serve jello with chopsticks. Everyone was mad at me. It didnt go to well.

It was weird.

Thought y'all might want to know that....

PS- raji just might make it to us. I have a feeling that 2-3 OTs are going to go top 10. Instead of just one like most are thinking.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Weird...Seriously had a dream last night that we drafted raji then laruinits and then brace- and then they all threw a halloween party and i was the juice guy, but instead of serving juice to people i had to serve jello with chopsticks. Everyone was mad at me. It didnt go to well.

It was weird.

Thought y'all might want to know that....

PS- raji just might make it to us. I have a feeling that 2-3 OTs are going to go top 10. Instead of just one like most are thinking.

whose thinking just one will be taken in the top ten? Jason Smith For sure, Eugene Monroe for sure..... if it wasnt for andre smiths immaturity and poor proday he would be in the top ten, and he still possibly could but i doubt it, and Michael Oher could possibly go top ten but thats unlikely also

underrated29
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
whose thinking just one will be taken in the top ten? Jason Smith For sure, Eugene Monroe for sure..... if it wasnt for andre smiths immaturity and poor proday he would be in the top ten, and he still possibly could but i doubt it, and Michael Oher could possibly go top ten but thats unlikely also

Ummm... You know i am not sure. Some mocks or something? :whoknows:

Maybe i dreamt that too. I do think that smith will still go top 10. Even with his poor workout and smarts. Lots of people were knocking Clady for getting a 10 or whatever on the wonderlic...I hope he does, all the more reason for raj to fall to us.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Ummm... You know i am not sure. Some mocks or something? :whoknows:

Maybe i dreamt that too. I do think that smith will still go top 10. Even with his poor workout and smarts. Lots of people were knocking Clady for getting a 10 or whatever on the wonderlic...I hope he does, all the more reason for raj to fall to us.

I was really high on smith, but he got suspended from the sugar bowl, left the combine, and poor pro day. HEY luckily the raiders are at 7 he sounds like there type of guy. I do think another possiblity is the jags even with tra thomas, they need OL help. I think andre smith is better suited for the right side though, i think he's the best RT in this draft, and IMO the best blocking T in this draft

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Pat Kirwan's recent mock. :noidea:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f330d5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

1.Lions - Jason Smith OT Baylor

2. Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

3. Chiefs - Brian Orakpo LB Texas

4. Seahawks - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

5. Browns - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

6. Bengals - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

7. Raiders - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

8. Jaguars - Mark Sanchez QB USC

9. Packers - Andre Smith OT Alabama

10. 49ers - Michael Oher OT Mississippi

11. Bills - Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

12. Broncos - B.J. Raji DT Boston College

I like the idea but I don't agree with Kirwan that Raji falls out of the top ten. If he falls out of the top 7 I think the only way we have an opportunity to get him is if he falls out of the top 7.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I like the idea but I don't agree with Kirwan that Raji falls out of the top ten. If he falls out of the top 7 I think the only way we have an opportunity to get him is if he falls out of the top 7.

i really wouldnt be suprised to see any team but the bills draft raji after 7, but i think he's gone at #4