PDA

View Full Version : Franchise Trade Question...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah..I know this goes elsewhere, but I really need some quick feedback. I am in a franchise Fantasy league where we can keep as many guys as we want. Long story short...I'm being offered:

Matt Ryan and a 2010 1st round pick for Matt Cassell and Felix Jones.

My other QBs are Brady and Flacco and my RBs are Portis, Thomas Jones, Torain and Ray Rice. Plus I have 2 #1s in the upcong draft.

My main concern is the offense Cassell is about to play in. His new coach will be tossing the pigskin all over the place. I'm indifferent regarding Felix as he will be in a trio of RBs in Dallas. Would you make this deal if you were me?

BroncoWave
03-12-2009, 04:35 PM
If I'm reading this right, you're being offered Ryan and the pick?

If so, I'd accept that in a heartbeat.

EMB6903
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd accept that quick before he changes his mind.

underrated29
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Hell yes!

You got great backup qbs- /starters if brady is healthy- assuming you start 1 each week. and you are good at RB too. Plus with TO out of dallas teams are going to stack the run more....

Get ryan get the pick and win your superbowl.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
yes you are...I wanted to accept immediately, but I said I'd sleep on it. The more I thought about it, the more I considered the new KC offensive scheme w/ Gonzo and Bowe. It at least gave me enough doubt to ask.

JKcatch724
03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah..I know this goes elsewhere, but I really need some quick feedback. I am in a franchise Fantasy league where we can keep as many guys as we want. Long story short...I'm being offered:

Matt Ryan and a 2010 1st round pick for Matt Cassell and Felix Jones.

My other QBs are Brady and Flacco and my RBs are Portis, Thomas Jones, Torain and Ray Rice. Plus I have 2 #1s in the upcong draft.

My main concern is the offense Cassell is about to play in. His new coach will be tossing the pigskin all over the place. I'm indifferent regarding Felix as he will be in a trio of RBs in Dallas. Would you make this deal if you were me?

Absolutely. Dump Cassel before his fairy tale strikes midnight for Matt Ryan who's about to begin his stellar career...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
That's what I thought...thanx folks.

I have BMarsh, TO, Royal and the Rams rookie WR. He mentioned even doing a 2nd trade gving me Bowe for TO and a 2nd. Looking long term, I'd likely do this as well.

underrated29
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM

I have BMarsh, TO, Royal and the Rams rookie WR. He mentioned even doing a 2nd trade gving me Bowe for TO and a 2nd. Looking long term, I'd likely do this as well.

Can i be in your league. This guy seems like an idiot.

Do you mean donnie avery? the rams wr- he is streaky but good and young

TXBRONC
I did't that trade. Since Cassel isn't in New England anymore I wont be surprised if his numbers go down. By the way, someone mentioned that eventhough Cassel had a nice season in '08 he hasn't been named the starter yet. It may not mean anything but then again.

JKcatch724

Bowe was pretty money for me last year...

turftoad
03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Ryan>Cassell. Plus you get a first rounder next year.

You need to get younger at RB. Spend your first two rounders on RB's this year.

BTW, I'm moving this thread to the fantasy talk forum.

GEM
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Please tell me you have accepted that offer!! Shiasta. I don't see all that good coming for Cassel or Jones. Decent but seriously....Matt Ryan looks incredibly promising.

BroncoJoe
03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
SmilinAss, you sound a bit like McDaniels.

claymore
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
SmilinAss, you sound a bit like McDaniels.

McDaniels would turn it down and trade for Michael Vick, He is a saboteur.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Can i be in your league. This guy seems like an idiot.

Do you mean donnie avery? the rams wr- he is streaky but good and young

Yeah...Avery. After the regular draft, we have a 3 round rookie taxi squad draft. I picked him up there and ended up activating him 1/2 way thru the season. He was quite helpful.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Ryan>Cassell. Plus you get a first rounder next year.

You need to get younger at RB. Spend your first two rounders on RB's this year.

BTW, I'm moving this thread to the fantasy talk forum.

Figured, but thanx. I just needed a quick response to verify what I already thought.

I have pick #s 3 and 10. I'm also trying to trade Jason Campbell and Thomas Jones for the #5 or 6 overall. Otherwise, I'm gonna cut Campbell regardless.

Obviously the draft will determine a lot, but I'm guessing I get McCoy or Moreno at #3. I want a shot at Crabtree or maclin at #5 or 6 and am hoping Donald Brown, Jennings, James Davis or Shonn Greene are there at 10 for me.

MOtorboat
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Ugh...trading is freakin' impossible with some people!

I'm in a sim-league, and our rookie draft starts tonight, and I have 3 No. 1s, so I'm trying to wheel and deal a bit.

New owner just came in yesterday to snatch up one of our open teams, and he throws out six guys that he wants to trade, two of them are Donald Driver at 7 mil, and Isaac Sopoaga at 600k, and he needs OGs...well I've got 4 starting NFL guards, so I offer up Darren Colledge at 3.2 mil, and tell him that straight up for Sopoaga that would be fair, but the salaries don't match, what would it take to get Driver in a trade deal with Colledge.

He replies back to me that he would need a lot in that deal. No specifics, nothing...

Then he makes a post about how he's done this before so "don't try rip him off"...

/rant

MOtorboat
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Damn...seriously...

So I've garnered 4 first round picks in this thing...yes...I know...my team needs a core, so I've been acquiring picks, and I did give away next year's first, and I gave away Roddy White, but the dude gave me two firsts for him, and I just felt like I had to get on that, as I'm kind of patterning my offense around Jacksonville's offense since Garrard is my QB, so I'm looking for RBs and I have one hell of an offensive line...

So, I mention that I'd be open for trades for those four picks, and immediately receive a PM asking me what I want. So I take a look at his roster, and I'm weak at DE, and he's got Justin Tuck. I'm figuring the No. 17 pick is a good starting place (I also have the No. 6 - yes my team sucked last year and that's my slot), so I was gonna start the negotiating with No. 17 for Justin Tuck. Dude tells me he's untradeable. So I send him a PM saying I want young, quality starters if I'm trading away these picks.

So he sends me a PM offering me Tyson Clabo for a first-rounder...yeah, Tyson Clabo. On top of that, my starting tackles this year are going to be Ryan Clady and Jon Jansen, and my backups are Damion McIntosh and Kwame Harris. So, not only does he offer Tyson Clabo for a No. 1 pick, he offers a player at a position where I'm deep.

:tsk:

/rant

SmilinAssasSin27
05-13-2009, 07:24 AM
The thing about my league is that it is pretty trade happy. Really only 1 dude is that guy who always backs out of a deal at the end. The others are great. The league has been @ for 15 years.

I now have the #1 overall. I'm thinking I offer it up to the guy who owns #4 and 5. This way I get 2 of...Moreno, Wells, Brown, McCoy and Crabtree.

I also have a deal in the works for the #9 overall, the #20 overall and Greg Jennings. I'd give up Flacco, TO (aging), Heath Miller (i'd have to cut him anyways) and a future #2 (I'd never use it). That would complete my overhaul at WR and make em all quite young w/ Roddy White, Jennings, Royal, Avery, BMarsh and Kevin Walter. I'd then either have picks 1 and 9 (Moreno and Sanchez) or 4,5 and 9 (hopefully McCoy, Crabtree and Sanchez).

I love this league.

haroldthebarrel
05-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Id keep my hands way off Cassel unless he proves himself which means I would only pick him up as a third qb or on teh waiver wire.

Many people say he can be a great one but the circumstances he is in now begs to differ. The Oline is suspect, LJ is a question mark, and the only steady performer is Bowe.
New system and terminology as well.

But more importantly, the talent the Pats have on their team is so great that any qb should lead them to the playoffs. And Cassel, while he produced some, needs to become a significantly better qb than he was last year if he is to be a leader and qbing a team.
Which is obviously another question mark around him.

So while he may be a better qb and help the Chiefs become a better team, that wont necessariliy show up in that stats collumns which is alfa and omega for a ff team.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-13-2009, 07:44 AM
I made that trade. He was pissed when a few weeks later, Conzalez was traded to Atlanta to play for the QB he gave me.

haroldthebarrel
05-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I wish I could actually play in a league where people take it serious.
Why must people ruin the fun for others with stupid trades when their team isnt good.
And the reason their team isnt good is because they didnt show up for the draft.
And to top it off they have to talk smack and troll as well.

I wanna join a league like yours where peopla take it serious but alas I have yet to find one.

MOtorboat
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
B.J. Raji...ftw...

So far, for my first round picks, I've acquired Raji at No. 6, and I had a trade partner if Raji wasn't there, and Shaun Ellis at defensive end for the No. 22. I have the No. 17 and the No. 21 still. Rookies won't count in this sim league until they acquire status, which is stats and a ranking from this upcoming season, so technically I'm drafting him for NEXT year's season. Ellis will help right away. I'm looking at switching to a 3-4 since I inherited LaMarr Woodley from the previous owner...about the only right draft pick he made. This coming year, I think I'm pretty set at a front line of Chris Kelsay, Shaun Ellis and Rocky Bernard with Maake Kemoeatu rotating in, and Woodley and Kawika Mitchell at OLB and Channing Crowder and Curtis Lofton inside...

MOtorboat
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Ugh...

I want to move into the first round, what do you want?

Well, if all you're offering is your max cap guy, then nothing...

SmilinAssasSin27
05-14-2009, 07:20 AM
I wish I could actually play in a league where people take it serious.
Why must people ruin the fun for others with stupid trades when their team isnt good.
And the reason their team isnt good is because they didnt show up for the draft.
And to top it off they have to talk smack and troll as well.

I wanna join a league like yours where peopla take it serious but alas I have yet to find one.

It took me a while. It's cool cuz everyone in it works at the prison so we see eachother daily. The smack talk gets pretty rough, but noone takes it seriously outside of the fantasy league. I can call a dude a loser POS and go to a game w/ him the same week.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Perhaps I spoke too soon...2 dudes almost got into a fist fight at our draft over teh free agent money. One dude has a history w/ poorly handling money and the other thought he got screwed out of some cash. It was pretty bad for a minute. we almost got booted from the restaurant.