PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm not quite ready to call Cutler a God nor McDaniels a demon" thread

CoachChaz
03-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty tired of assumptive statements, name-calling, double standards and sometimes...complete ignorance when it comes to the Cutler soap opera. So, here is a thread for intelligent conversation and debate. However, there are guidlines.

1. The names are Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler. No posts with McKid or McIdiot or cry-baby, etc. If you are so compelled to do this...just leave.

2. Stats or pretty much irrelevant. There is no stat on Earth that will prove Cutler is a lock for the HOF or that he'll be the next Jeff George. If you are convinced otherwise...just leave.

3. No one knows jack. We all have a few rumors and tidbits from "unnamed sources", but nothing is concrete, proven or tangible. If you are compelled to quote people without the balls to say their name and assume what is meant by another persons words...just leave.

Now...inevitably some ass clown will come in here and spew his/her verbal diahrea because some people simply cant control the level of immaturity they do or do not possess. But for the most part, can we have just this ONE thread where a conversation can be had without blind ignorance toward one side or another?

claymore
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty tired of assumptive statements, name-calling, double standards and sometimes...complete ignorance when it comes to the Cutler soap opera. So, here is a thread for intelligent conversation and debate. However, there are guidlines.

1. The names are Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler. No posts with McKid or McIdiot or cry-baby, etc. If you are so compelled to do this...just leave.

2. Stats or pretty much irrelevant. There is no stat on Earth that will prove Cutler is a lock for the HOF or that he'll be the next Jeff George. If you are convinced otherwise...just leave.

3. No one knows jack. We all have a few rumors and tidbits from "unnamed sources", but nothing is concrete, proven or tangible. If you are compelled to quote people without the balls to say their name and assume what is meant by another persons words...just leave.

Now...inevitably some ass clown will come in here and spew his/her verbal diahrea because some people simply cant control the level of immaturity they do or do not possess. But for the most part, can we have just this ONE thread where a conversation can be had without blind ignorance toward one side or another?
This needs to be named the thread of impossibility. :D

Requiem / The Dagda
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Nothing has made this much sense since McDonald's brought back the McRib. I agree with Coach Chaz. Good stuff.

gobroncsnv
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
It HAS been hard to classify this, because we have seen the media just try to keep such wars blazing. What both men need to keep in mind is that this should be about the team, and neither trying to build/enhance their own legacy, trying to be billed as a superstar or the next "genius". I know there have to be some ego issues involved, because of the time either a player OR a coach has to spend honing their craft to compete at this level, but success comes easier to those who are willing to shovel through all this kind of crap and check their pride at the door. Come together, realize they are on the same team, and build something here. The Josh and Jay show could be really cool to watch if they both got to a point where they agreed to grow together into their jobs, each saying of the other, "he's why I succeed".

Grover
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow, these groundrules are set so tight that it's almost impossible to say anything! Good job Coach!

Jay Cutler is the only one that seems to be "on the record" with what his thoughts are. Coach McDaniels has said little/nothing, and Agent Cook is stirring things up through the media.

My opinion is that Jay's immaturity has shown through in his comments, and I hope he sucks it up and attends McDaniel's team meeting and the team's volunteer workouts. Having Jay be a team player and team leader is what is needed now.

I also think that Coach McDaniel's inexperience has shown through this, and based on what I've read from second hand accounts, I think McDaniels is good at excitable rah-rah motivation, but maybe not so good at empathy and understanding other people's points of view. He certainly could use a bit of a public relations brush up, or perhaps even a PR consultant.

I'm disappointed in Pat Bowlen. He created all this turmoil due to his decision for change. I think it would have been good for him to talk with the media and explain his confidence in Jay Cutler as his quarterback, in Josh McDaniels as his coach, as Brian Xandes as his General Manager, and say he is looking forward to all of them working together to bring greatness back to Denver.

But I haven't heard that from Pat. Too bad.

underrated29
03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
i JUST WAnt Jay to stay. Regardless of the picks/players we would receive, i think the team will benefit sooo much more with him here..

One thing i keep thinking about is that if Mcd can replicate the NE offense here and it is as potent as we have seen. Then just imagine what Jay can do in this offense. We saw what cassell did and he did a really good job, so assuming Jay can shatter that and bring a whole new level would be sooo much fun to be a part of.

Another qb would be successful i think, but unless the picks/ players we got in the trade were able to Instantly and successfully upgrade the defense to standard i think we are in for a top 5 pick.

BroncoJoe
03-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Jay did say he "plays for his teammates, not the coach." I think he'll show up on Monday. If for no other reason, to keep his teammates "on his side" so to speak.

nthngd2say
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
I would also like to see Cutler stay. I think his publicly questioning Bowlen's moves [to fire Shanny, letting Bates go, etc] is the reason why Bowlen signed off on trade talks to begin with. Bowlen stated in his last interview with the Post that he makes the decisions now so the decision to trade Cutler must go through Bowlen. I guess I naively think there must be a reason why Bowlen would agree to McDaniels shopping Cutler.

I don't think the Broncos will be as good without Cutler but the Broncos would not be one of the worst teams in the NFL if Cutler ended up being traded. I guess I would also like to think that Bowlen would not give Cutler away and there would be a plan in place if Cutler was ultimately traded. Bowlen's track record for the past 15 years is pretty solid to me. The Broncos were still competitive despite poor playoff record from 1998-2006 without Cutler. Again, we'd be better with Cutler but life would go on without him.

CBS4 has stated that Bowlen attempted to contact Cutler last week but his calls were unsuccessful. I view that as the Broncos making an attempt to smooth things over with Cutler. Bowlen is the Broncos.

I think Jay should be mad about the trade talks but he should realize that he could play better and maybe he should keep his opinions about his bosses decisions out of the media. Bowlen isn't going anywhere. Let your play define you and in 3 years take your services to the highest bidder if you still feel unappreciated. Besides the Raiders, who will get in a bidding war for a QB that publicly questions their organization, its coaches and/or players.

I hope they can work it out or neither Cutler or McDaniels has a great chance to be successful and a fixture for our Broncos.

topscribe
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
But how come you didn't call it the " 'I'm not quite ready to call McDaniels a God nor Cutler a demon' Thread"? :D

P.S. Are we allowed to say anything about Bus Crook?

-----

BeefStew25
03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Jay did say he "plays for his teammates, not the coach." I think he'll show up on Monday. If for no other reason, to keep his teammates "on his side" so to speak.

Spot on Joe. Everything before this did not involve his teammates. If he doesn't show on Monday, move his ass.

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Spot on Joe. Everything before this did not involve his teammates. If he doesn't show on Monday, move his ass.

If he doesn't show up on Monday this could all be a big game by Cutler and Bus Cook. Jump on a mistake by the new rookie regime to make your mark and try and get the media and fans on your side.

It worked in GB with Favre and his retirement BS. GB, I'm sure, wanted to get rid of Favre earlier than they did, but they had them bent over a barrel.

BroncoJoe
03-13-2009, 12:58 PM

That little hippie shit had better show up on Monday.

BeefStew25
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
That little hippie shit had better show up on Monday.

I would take Brady Quinn and a number one for Cutler.

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I would take Brady Quinn and a number one for Cutler.
Cswil just fell out of bed.

BeefStew25
03-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Cswil just fell out of bed.

What does that mean?

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
What does that mean?
I'm guessing he called in sick today after Kansas lost to Baylor and that he would be shocked by your turnaround in your Cutler-love.

Lonestar
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Jay Cutler is the only one that seems to be "on the record" with what his thoughts are. Coach McDaniels has said little/nothing, and Agent Cook is stirring things up through the media.

My opinion is that Jay's immaturity has shown through in his comments, and I hope he sucks it up and attends McDaniel's team meeting and the team's volunteer workouts. Having Jay be a team player and team leader is what is needed now.

I'm disappointed in Pat Bowlen. He created all this turmoil due to his decision for change. I think it would have been good for him to talk with the media and explain his confidence in Jay Cutler as his quarterback, in Josh McDaniels as his coach, as Brian Xandes as his General Manager, and say he is looking forward to all of them working together to bring greatness back to Denver.

But I haven't heard that from Pat. Too bad.

Yes jay has been on record:

Was unhappy that mikey was fired.

Whined about bates leaving.

Supposedly wanted a trade because he left.

They lied to me

I believe I'm going to be traded..

Yes Josh (Etal) have been on record:

They called us, we did not initiate those calls...

We did not like the deal and Jay is not on the trading block..

Pat was on record because he was tried of wasting tons of money in a sink hole..

Pat has said plenty by not saying* anything, he is saying his Head Coach Josh has the authority to manage this team..

I would also like to see Cutler stay. I think his publicly questioning Bowlen's moves [to fire Shanny, letting Bates go, etc] is the reason why Bowlen signed off on trade talks to begin with* . Bowlen stated in his last interview with the Post that he makes the decisions now so the decision to trade Cutler must go through Bowlen. I guess I naively think there must be a reason why Bowlen would agree to McDaniels shopping Cutler.

I don't think the Broncos will be as good without Cutler but the Broncos would not be one of the worst teams in the NFL if Cutler ended up being traded. I guess I would also like to think that Bowlen would not give Cutler away and there would be a plan in place if Cutler was ultimately traded. Bowlen's track record for the past 15 years is pretty solid to me. The Broncos were still competitive despite poor playoff record from 1998-2006 without Cutler. Again, we'd be better with Cutler but life would go on without him.

CBS4 has stated that Bowlen attempted to contact Cutler last week but his calls were unsuccessful. I view that as the Broncos making an attempt to smooth things over with Cutler. Bowlen is the Broncos.

I think Jay should be mad about the trade talks but he should realize that he could play better and maybe he should keep his opinions about his bosses decisions out of the media. Bowlen isn't going anywhere. Let your play define you and in 3 years take your services to the highest bidder if you still feel unappreciated. Besides the Raiders, who will get in a bidding war for a QB that publicly questions their organization, its coaches and/or players.

I hope they can work it out or neither Cutler or McDaniels has a great chance to be successful and a fixture for our Broncos.

Outstanding post

Let me add jay is making a mistake by thinking that his is strong position on this.. at Bowlen and the Broncos are highly respected NFL franchise that have been one of the elite teams since Pat took over.. Many would have to wonder about just how screwed up this kid is if he wants to bail because someone called the Broncos seeking a trade.. Many others may not talk to him because of all the drama his agent brings to the table.. Many teams will not draft kids represented by Drew Rosenhaus because of his rep.. Bus cook is rapidly soiling the already really bad name of sports agents..

That is not to say that a Daniel Snyder or Al davis would not but then we all know how successful they have been in recent years TOO.

* He also said Jay would be on the team.. Now you can read that as we are not going to trade him because he is being a baby and throwing a tantrum so it is time to man up and get back to work Or your gonna set on the bench this year..

BeefStew25
03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm guessing he called in sick today after Kansas lost to Baylor and that he would be shocked by your turnaround in your Cutler-love.

I don't love the guy. We just need options. Trading for another QB is an option. But he hasn't undermined his teammates yet. They all know it is a business. A Monday no-show would be personal.

BeefStew25
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes jay has been on record:

Supposedly wanted a trade because he left.

On record for supposedly? How does that work? Please read Coaches opening thread please. He is not going to be happy reading this written runny poop.

turftoad
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
On record for supposedly? How does that work? Please read Coaches opening thread please. He is not going to be happy reading this written runny poop.

Yep, just like McBozo supposedly did not initiate those calls. I don't believe him and niether does Jay.

That............. is why there are problems. It's all about trust at this point.

bullis26
03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yep, just like McBozo supposedly did not initiate those calls. I don't believe him and niether does Jay.

That............. is why there are problems. It's all about trust at this point.

i thought there was suppose to be no name calling of josh mcdaniels M-C-D-A-N-I-E-L-S, just in case you forgot how to spell it:tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2009, 06:32 PM
My feeling is this....i don't give a frick who did or said what. I really don't. What I do care about is a resolution. I want Jay to stay and everyone be happy. But if he leaves, oh well. Let's move on. But if I could have at least 1 wish granted...get it settled once and for all before the draft. Let's just rip the bandaid off.

Watchthemiddle
03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
If he doesn't show up on Monday this could all be a big game by Cutler and Bus Cook. Jump on a mistake by the new rookie regime to make your mark and try and get the media and fans on your side.

It worked in GB with Favre and his retirement BS. GB, I'm sure, wanted to get rid of Favre earlier than they did, but they had them bent over a barrel.

What good is it to play some kind of game if your Cutler to try and make a point?

broncohead
03-13-2009, 09:43 PM
I guess it was to much to ask people to have an intelligent conversation. Anyway the way I look at it is that there wasn't a problem until the trade talks started and to make it worse when McD and Jay finally had a face to face McD tells him he's expendable. Also by not denying participation (more then picking up the phone) in the trade talks says a lot. Jay going to the media isn't a big deal. He hasn't said anything wrong about the FO or the team for that matter. Now where Jay will get into some trouble is if he decides to miss work outs.

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM
But how come you didn't call it the " 'I'm not quite ready to call McDaniels a God nor Cutler a demon' Thread"? :D

P.S. Are we allowed to say anything about Bus Crook?

-----

I think you hit a nail on the head here... Brett Farve.....

broncosinindy
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Does anyone read the OP anymore. well we almost lasted two pages.