PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Needs A Backup, But Some Of The Names Are Scary

DenBronx
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Simular article a while back but here's another.

by Russ Oates

It's well-known that the Denver Broncos have Tim Tebow and Adam Weber as the only quarterbacks under contract for the 2012 season at the moment. John Elway has publicly told the media that Tebow is the starter entering training camp but that there will be an actual competition for the spot. So, the Broncos will look into signing a quarterback during free agency or at the 2012 NFL Draft.

If we look at the former option, the Denver Post's Mike Klis offers some names for the position:

Chris Redman, Shaun Hill, Chad Henne, Vince Young, David Carr, Kevin O'Connell and Josh Johnson.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/2/4/2771148/tim-tebow-2012-denver-broncos-quarterback-competitoon

DenBronx
02-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I must admit that I'm a little worried about the backup position. Looks like were not interested in keeping Quinn and Quinn might want to move on anyway.

TheReverend
02-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Shaun Hill's a good fit.

Vet enough to have some things he could teach Tim, and in case of emergency: athletic enough to run the offense and good enough to win some games.

fvkw
02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I know it's a little crazy but I like Kellen Moore?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dzone
02-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Anyone but that headcase Vince Young.
We might as well bring back Jawalrus

DenBronx
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I know it's a little crazy but I like Kellen Moore?

I'm with you 100% on that one.

He's my biggest draft sleeper and would be great value! Hopefully we get him around the 4th.

I think he's only 6ft but go tell Drew Brees that he isnt big enough.

fvkw
02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm with you 100% on that one.

He's my biggest draft sleeper and would be great value! Hopefully we get him around the 4th.

I think he's only 6ft but go tell Drew Brees that he isnt big enough.
If they are going with Tebow, it would be a good pick !

PAINTERDAVE
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I must admit that I'm a little worried about the backup position. Looks like were not interested in keeping Quinn and Quinn might want to move on anyway.

Brady has spent 2 years during the prime of his career
riding the bench in Denver.

For him..
it is imperitive to move on and get a shot somewhere...
he aint getting any younger.

turftoad
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Backup position?

Elway has said "Tebow is the starter going to camp" there is going to be competition in camp for the season opener.

Tebow does not have that set in stone yet. Just sayin.

Ziggy
02-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't care who the Broncos bring in to compete with Tebow, as long as they can hit an open receiver and throw out of the pocket. Hopefully, Tim will become that guy, but there's nothing more frustrating than watching a ball get bounced to a wide open receiver or seeing that same receiver overthrown by 10 yards.

dogfish
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM

thank god! he's no better than any of those dudes you mentioned. . . one scrub's the same as another. . .

BroncoAV06
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
The only thing Moore has in common with Brees is he is short. Moore 5'11'' 3/4

Ziggy
02-04-2012, 04:55 PM
The only thing Moore has in common with Brees is he is short. Moore 5'11'' 3/4

Moore has the accuracy, but he has one of the weakest arms in the draft. He's going to be a one dimensional passer in the NFL, which usually equates to a career backup at best.

Dzone
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Tebow has two broncos wide open here and he is locked on to one receiver. Typical Tebow
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/jockey.jpg
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-wearing-jeans-print-ad-jockey-174657248.html

Lancane
02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm leaning towards the Broncos adding Delhomme and Osweiler. It's just a gut feeling, but still, I could easily see that happening.

Northman
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Moore has the accuracy, but he has one of the weakest arms in the draft. He's going to be a one dimensional passer in the NFL, which usually equates to a career backup at best.

Reminds me of Ken Dorsey.

Northman
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm leaning towards the Broncos adding Delhomme and Osweiler. It's just a gut feeling, but still, I could easily see that happening.

That would work for me just fine. :D

nevcraw
02-04-2012, 06:00 PM
If there is more shake up with the Jets maybe we get a crack at Brunell. IMO a better mentor to tebow than Delhomme or any of those other dudes... I would like them to keep Quinn too but think he will go be a BU elsewhere.

DenBronx
02-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Brady has spent 2 years during the prime of his career
riding the bench in Denver.

For him..
it is imperitive to move on and get a shot somewhere...
he aint getting any younger.

Unfortunately for him he's shown no signs of getting any better...

...so good luck Brady.

DenBronx
02-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Tebow has two broncos wide open here and he is locked on to one receiver. Typical Tebow
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/jockey.jpg
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-wearing-jeans-print-ad-jockey-174657248.html

Terrible mechanics.

vettesplus
02-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Payton Manning may be available??????

1. Manning
2. Tebow
3. Weber

Just a thought!!!!!!

HammeredOut
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM

1. Manning
2. Tebow
3. Weber

Just a thought!!!!!!

Just a thought though.. I actually think the Colts keep Manning, and pay the 28 million in bonuses... Then they trade him, get back a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and the towel boy. They will not release him.. Just a prediction.. I don't go with media on how they release Manning... If a team can get back a roster player, and some draft picks... the 28 million may be worth it in compensation. If you are rebuilding, you take the extra draft picks, and player.... Andrew Luck will be like Aaron Rodgers, and not need a lot of time for fans to forget the legends they followed in years past.

Look at Haynesworth.. Washington still payed the bonus .. then made a move afterwords...

WARHORSE
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Kyle Ortons available........... not.:tsk:

First of all, we draft Russell Wilson.

He will be available in round 2, and I would spend our pick on him there without even hesitating.

As for serviceable vet backups, may as well stay with Quinn. He knows the offense and whos available besides Peyton and FLynn that will make you drool over him anyhow?

I'll take Flynn in a heartbeat too.

broncs
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
if cleveland takes GriffinIII, Broncos should try to sign Seneca Wallace

RebelRocker
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM

Eh on Delhomme, but a YES on Osweiler.

topscribe
02-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Backup position?

Elway has said "Tebow is the starter going to camp" there is going to be competition in camp for the season opener.

Tebow does not have that set in stone yet. Just sayin.

I was going to say: Backup? Who wants a backup? I want a guy in there who
threatens to take the starting job, and may the best man win. And that's what
Elway was saying . . .

-----

Lancane
02-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Kyle Ortons available........... not.:tsk:

First of all, we draft Russell Wilson.

He will be available in round 2, and I would spend our pick on him there without even hesitating.

As for serviceable vet backups, may as well stay with Quinn. He knows the offense and whos available besides Peyton and FLynn that will make you drool over him anyhow?

I'll take Flynn in a heartbeat too.

Russell Wilson will be lucky to be drafted by the middle of the fourth round, most teams have learned about taking project quarterbacks too early unless they have a certain ceiling. And Flynn will be signed to be a starter, he's not going to want to come here and compete with Tebow's fan base and media circus hype for the starting role. Quinn will not want to return either, he never got a chance to compete here, why would he return? When Denver is pretty much guaranteeing that Tebow is the starter come camp and knowing that their meaning of competition is suspect right at the moment? They'll be forced to nab someone non traditional like Shaun Hill or way over the hill, like Mark Brunell and draft someone.

Chef Zambini
02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Just a thought though.. I actually think the Colts keep Manning, and pay the 28 million in bonuses... Then they trade him, get back a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and the towel boy. They will not release him.. Just a prediction.. I don't go with media on how they release Manning... If a team can get back a roster player, and some draft picks... the 28 million may be worth it in compensation. If you are rebuilding, you take the extra draft picks, and player.... Andrew Luck will be like Aaron Rodgers, and not need a lot of time for fans to forget the legends they followed in years past.

Look at Haynesworth.. Washington still payed the bonus .. then made a move afterwords...28 million for thaT NECK? YOU ARE PRTETTY FRIVILOUS WITH ERSAYS money !
no way they pay that, PM moves on. PM as a free agent, will play for one of 2 teams , IF healthy.
1. NY JETS
2. REDSKINS
nobody else will stay in that high stakes poker game3.
the broncos havent got a chance, much less desire to include PM.
our potential "vet back-up"
gerrard or delhomme or Mc Nabb.
and if we land either of those 3, then kellen moore woulod be the best bet for the broncos future at minimal risk with huge upside, even if he turns to coaching ala kubiak !

Chef Zambini
02-06-2012, 09:58 AM
flynn, no way we enter that bidding war either !
he goes to the team that does NOT get manning, either DC or the jets.

wayninja
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I was going to say: Backup? Who wants a backup? I want a guy in there who
threatens to take the starting job, and may the best man win. And that's what
Elway was saying . . .

-----

100% agreed. That worked out pretty great for us last season. Our ability to evaluate talent in practice is better than any team bar none.

claymore
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
100% agreed. That worked out pretty great for us last season. Our ability to evaluate talent in practice is better than any team bar none.

Maybe they didnt hold practice long enough since Tebow doesnt show up until the last 5 minutes.

wayninja
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe they didnt hold practice long enough since Tebow doesnt show up until the last 5 minutes.

Actually Tebow has been reported to be the first there and last to leave...

Oh... I see what you did there.

Maybe they just need to practice in Pittsburgh.

Jsteve01
02-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Actually Tebow has been reported to be the first there and last to leave...

Oh... I see what you did there.

Maybe they just need to practice in Pittsburgh.

actually the game was in Denver...you're now 0-2

topscribe
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
If Peyton Manning goes FA, I'd be tempted to go after him with both barrels. Look
at what Brady did: Had the Pats in the SB with a running game and defense that
was inferior to Denver's. Put Peyton there, and Denver gets a real chance at a
championship, IMO -- this year.

Go after him and forget everyone else -- well, except our own FAs. And Dan
Connor. And get a DT stud in the draft.

But then, maybe I'm just nuts . . . :noidea:

-----

Nomad
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
If Peyton Manning goes FA, I'd be tempted to go after him with both barrels. Look
at what Brady did: Had the Pats in the SB with a running game and defense that
was inferior to Denver's. Put Peyton there, and Denver gets a real chance at a
championship, IMO -- this year.

Go after him and forget everyone else -- well, except our own FAs. And Dan
Connor. And get a DT stud in the draft.

But then, maybe I'm just nuts . . . :noidea:

-----

Perhaps it's speculative and a rumor but here's an interesting take.

http://www.businessinsider.com/peyton-manning-wants-to-play-for-the-redskins-in-2012-2012-2

topscribe
02-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Perhaps it's speculative and a rumor but here's an interesting take.

http://www.businessinsider.com/peyton-manning-wants-to-play-for-the-redskins-in-2012-2012-2

Yes, there is a lot of rumor flying around right now, isn't there? Well, if Denver
can't have him, I would be happy for Shanny. Besides, Peyton would be clear
out of the AFCW and the conference . . .

-----

capt. Jack
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't you guy's think we can still get the #1 pick from Indy? Just wondering?

topscribe
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't you guy's think we can still get the #1 pick from Indy? Just wondering?

Sure . . . maybe for all of Denver's draft picks plus Tebow, Doom, and Von.

You can be sure Indy wants Luck in the worst way . . .

-----

wayninja
02-06-2012, 05:00 PM
actually the game was in Denver...you're now 0-2

0-2 on what?

I know the game was in Denver. It was a joke. Just like the 5 minutes comment I responded to.

Npba900
02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
If they are going with Tebow, it would be a good pick !

Doesn't sound like EFX are totally going with Tebow if Elway says Tim is the starter going into training camp ONLY! Elway did not say Tebow is the starter for 2012. I don't think Elway will overlook a top end college QB that somehow falls down the draft board and lands in their lap.

Point is the stakes are high for Tebow this off-season. He's got to impress EFX during the off-season to show he's made the necessary strides of improvement to make EFX feel they don't need draft a top end QB.

If a top end QB that has played in a pro-style offense and operates from within the pocket without major fundamental flaws, EFX can't ignore and must pull the trigger. You don't know if that same opportunity will come again in 2013.

After all, its not a bad idea if EFX are faced with a Drew Breeze vs Phillip Rivers scenario, should Tebow or the top end QB find themselves battling it out as to who will be the face of the Franchise and starter moving forward.

It's a good thing to be in that position.

Npba900
02-06-2012, 07:30 PM

1. Manning
2. Tebow
3. Weber

Just a thought!!!!!!

Shanahan will sell his soul to land Manning. Snyder will pay the asking price as well.:D