PDA

View Full Version : Bus Cook

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
May Jay should fire his agent. It sounds like this guy might be the one feeding the animal as the Sports Guru said on his pod cast last night.

Jay Cutler, Bus Cook, and the Soil From Which Record-Setting Contracts Grow
by styg50 on Mar 11, 2009 8:00 PM MDT in Strictly My Opinion 111 comments

You have all seen the IQ test or logic test questions where they ask you to "complete the next element in the series."

Try to complete this series:

Largest rookie contract in NFL history. (Steve McNair, 1995)
Largest contract in NFL history. (Brett Favre, 1997)
First $100,000,000 contract in NFL History (Brett Favre, 2001)
Record setting contract paying out the most in the first three years in NFL history (McNair, 2001)
Largest non-QB contract in NFL history. (Randy Moss, 2001)
Innovative contract structure involving guaranteed money for Record setting Rookie contract. (Calvin Johnson, 2007)
______________________________________??????
My guess, is it was supposed to read: Largest Contract in NFL History (Jay Cutler, 2010). All by Bus Cook.

But these kinds of deals don't just happen. There has to be groundwork laid down, the soil has to be "cultivated" if you will, and it this kind of cultivation that leads to the desperation and knee-jerk reactions needed to sign these kinds of deals.

You gotta believe that you are signing one of the best of all time. And you gotta feel like if you don't do it NOW, there won't be a second chance.

Enter Bus Cook, and his Methods of Madness.

Bus Cook has no doubt broke some ground and blazed some phenomenal trails for players in terms of earnings. But he has some methods that shouldn't be considered particularly tasteful.

The William Joseph Saga
It's not often that a #25 pick in the draft has the leverage to hold out, but in 2003, DT William Joseph was advised to do just that by Bus Cook, as they tried to work a top-of-the-line deal for the player. The holdout would extend into training camp and cost Joseph almost 3 weeks of practice, and standing with his team and coach.

''I thought we got real close again,'' Fassel said of the negotiations with Joseph and his agent, Bus Cook. ''But I thought we were going to get a response from him last night. We didn't get a response, nothing. Sometimes it bothers me, the lack of urgency. If we're apart and we can't see things, I'd understand. But it's all slotted. It's all there. Now I want to see a sense of urgency to get things done. I don't care if you've got to go sit in a phone booth together, just get it done. My occupation isn't that way. I'm always operating under a sense of urgency.''

The contract that was eventually settled on was record-setting in duration and upfront cash, with creative voiding situations to make the deal legal. Even as the deal was grinding to a stop, many in the Giants organization suspected what the trouble was, but refrained from speculating. Reporters working the beat however, took the hint.

''We've always got our guys,'' Fassel said in reference to the ability of Giants General Manager Ernie Acorsi to get players into camp on time. ''I have an idea what the holdup is, but I'm not going to say. All I know is we've not had a problem getting guys in.''

Cook did not return a phone call seeking comment on Fassel's remarks.

Most observers felt that this was Bus Cook getting back in on the record-setting action, after a two-year hiatus from the news. What particularly stood out to fans of the Giants, and to reporters covering the beat was how long the saga drew out to be. Instead of being settled quickly, one issue followed another in an unending news-cycle that wouldn't let it die.

It seemed that Bus had found a new way to cultivate the soil of record-setting contracts.

The Steve McNair Saga
When Steve McNair's health started to fail him, Cook stepped in quickly and issues came out about what kind of testing was done, and what kind of rights McNair had pertaining to the practice complex for the Titans. Normally this is a non-issue, settled between liability lawyers.

Instead it was a multiple-week saga that would not die, marred by misinformation about the stances of both the Titans and McNair.

Cook said. "Steve will be sad (to leave Nashville). He gave his heart and soul to that team and that town. But he'll be fine."

Like the Joseph saga before, McNair was routinely "out of town" or unavailable, yet there was always info available for the media, including speculation with the Ravens that would eventually blossom into a full-on trade. But initially, the trade talks had no legs:

"That's not going to happen," said Titans General Manager Floyd Reese, who downplayed the seriousness of the talks. "We talked early and they made an offer and it was insufficient, and it died right there. Right now all that is dead."

But Cook wasn't hearing of it.

When you raise something up yourself, care for it, craft it, and bend it to your will, you don't just let it die. McNair would eventually be traded to Baltimore, amidst legal ramifications involving suing the Titans and grievances filed by the Players Association.

The Brett Favre Saga
The Favre saga is recent history, so no need to re hash it, but here quickly is a breakdown of the length of time required to resolve the situation:

March 6, 2008: Favre retires from the Packers.
May 6, 2008: With the NFL draft out of the way, Packers general manager Ted Thompson visits Favre in Mississippi and has lunch on his back porch.
July 2, 2008: Favre reportedly has "itch" to come back and play.
July 3, 2008: Favre saying comeback is just a rumor.
July 8, 2008: Favre meets with McCarthy and Thompson and expresses a strong desire to play in 2008.
July 11, 2008: Favre asks the Packers for his unconditional release.
July 12, 2008: Packers refuse to release Favre.
July 27, 2008: Favre does not show up for Packers training camp.
July 29, 2008: Favre finally faxes his official request for reinstatement to the league.
July 30, 2008: Reports leak that Packers president Mark Murphy flies to Mississippi to extend a lucrative olive branch: $20 million over 10 years for Favre to stay retired and remain with the Packer organization in a marketing capacity.
July 31, 2008: Favre flies to Green Bay.
August 1, 2008: Favre is reportedly leaning towards taking the buyout.
August 3, 2008: Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstates Favre into the league.
Aug. 4, 2008: Favre and McCarthy have a one-on-one meeting which lasts five hours. The length of the meeting forces McCarthy to postpone a scheduled press conference.
Aug. 5, 2008: Favre and McCarthy indicate that it's likely better for both parties if Favre does not stay with the Packers. Favre goes home to Mississippi and trade talks heat up.
Aug. 6, 2008: Packers trade Favre to the New York Jets.
That is a lot of time, all of it tough on fans who didn't know whether their hero was staying or going, or who the bad guy was. Fans turned on Favre. Fans turned on the Packers.

In the end, Bus Cook got what he wanted.

Jay Cutler Saga
This one has only just begun, but make no mistake, Bus Cook is after something, and he will use Cutler and the Broncos to get it. It could barely be avoided when it was about Bus, Favre and the Packers. Now it is about us, and we won't get away from it anytime soon. Before the Shanahan firing, Cook was sure that Cutler was going to get the largest contract in NFL history in 2010. But with the advent of McXanders, and the Broncos new cap-friendly cash plans, that contract isn't realistic. For the Broncos.

Cook allegedly pursued a trade upon Shanny's dismissal. That isn't about Cutler, it is about finding a team that can afford the 2010 record-contract.
Broncos deny those trades, and then teams approach the Broncos with contract offers, specifically Tampa Bay. Maybe there is no connection, but The Tampa Tribune has connections with Cook, and are usually the first to report on his moves. It is possible that Cook helped engage teams in pursuing a trade for Cutler.
The Broncos are trying to clear up this inexplicable mess. What they don't realize, is there is no cleanup possible as long as Cook is in control.
Notice the similarities between the "leaks," "rumors," and "talks" that have occurred between the Favre and Jay sagas.

With contract uncertainties existing for the future, and Cook's penchant and insatiable desire for long-term guarantees, there is no doubt that SOMETHING will have to happen. Cutler will have to fire Bus, or the Broncos will have to make a substantial contract extension offer, or a big-time trade will eventually come to pass.

But as Cook's last three experiments have shown, the teams and coaches involved in these deals tend to come out scarred on the other end. While Cook pads his millions, and the players themselves get windfall via unexpected contracts, these deals tend to spell the beginning of the end for the players. Joseph ended his career in Oakland, McNair hit rock bottom in Baltimore, and Favre became a soap opera star but failed on the football field.

The Broncos and Cutler need to take back control, because this Bus is destined for a crash.

Northman
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Possibly, but i still think Jay just needs to think for himself here and get into camp on Monday. If he is looking at Favre and how he has handled himself the last 5 years im not sure thats the best way to go about things.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Possibly, but i still think Jay just needs to think for himself here and get into camp on Monday. If he is looking at Favre and how he has handled himself the last 5 years im not sure thats the best way to go about things.

No doubt, Bus Cook works for Jay, so its up to Jay to take control of that situation.

NightTrainLayne
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Aha!

Cook said something to the effect of "Jay hasn't asked for a trade. If he did, he didn't ask me."

Well. .surprise, surprise, Cook was technically telling the truth. Cook is the one who asked for the trade. Cook is pulling these strings trying to black-mail our team.

That makes Cook the villain. .. if true. . .and again more pieces fall into place. I argued a week or two ago that Jay initially asking to be traded after Shanny and Bates were gone made virtually all the pieces of this puzzle fit together.

Now, if Cook is the one who actually asked for the trade even more pieces fit. He can claim Jay didn't ask for it. The Broncos look silly when they leak that Jay asked for it and Jay says he didn't.

It's all a game, but if Jay doesn't show up on Monday, he will be complicite in this.

I don't like be held captive or being black-mailed by anyone. And something tells me that Pat Bowlen doesn't like it either. It will be very interesting to see where this leads, but if this breaks down just because Bus Cook wants another record-breaking contract, then I won't have any problems with washing my hands of Jay Cutler. . .whether he's in my sig or not. I love him as a player, but if this is the route he's taking, he will burn any bridges he has with a lot of fans.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Aha!

Cook said something to the effect of "Jay hasn't asked for a trade. If he did, he didn't ask me."

Well. .surprise, surprise, Cook was technically telling the truth. Cook is the one who asked for the trade. Cook is pulling these strings trying to black-mail our team.

That makes Cook the villain. .. if true. . .and again more pieces fall into place. I argued a week or two ago that Jay initially asking to be traded after Shanny and Bates were gone made virtually all the pieces of this puzzle fit together.

Now, if Cook is the one who actually asked for the trade even more pieces fit. He can claim Jay didn't ask for it. The Broncos look silly when they leak that Jay asked for it and Jay says he didn't.

It's all a game, but if Jay doesn't show up on Monday, he will be complicite in this.

I don't like be held captive or being black-mailed by anyone. And something tells me that Pat Bowlen doesn't like it either. It will be very interesting to see where this leads, but if this breaks down just because Bus Cook wants another record-breaking contract, then I won't have any problems with washing my hands of Jay Cutler. . .whether he's in my sig or not. I love him as a player, but if this is the route he's taking, he will burn any bridges he has with a lot of fans.

A record breaking contract wouldn't upset me in the least because fact the matter is players don't have guaranteed contracts. But at the end of the day Jay has to make it perfectly clear to his agent who is in charge.

roomemp
03-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't get the impression that Jay is that type. I mean, I am sure Bus has his own agenda and is doing what is best for him. Jay seems like type that is all about the principals. All he wants the Broncos to do is say basically, "yeah we messed up and we are sorry. You will be our QB for the next 10 years" Normally this would not be a problem. The problem is that we have a new head coaching staff. They are trying to set the tone. How would it look if the first move they made was to admit to Jay that they messed up? They would lose all credibility. I mean they have lost a lot of credibility already but they would lose all. If they don't give in, they will lose Cutler.......Very messing situation. Both sides need to come to their senses.

tubby
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Eff Bus Cook.

D1g1tal j1m
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Where there is smoke, there is usually an agent nearby with a lighter and some gasoline.

NightTrainLayne
03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/12/is-bus-cook-a-troublemaker/

Is Bus Cook a Troublemaker?
Posted Mar 12th 2009 10:00AM by Bruce Ciskie (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Broncos, Lions, Packers, Panthers, AFC West, NFL Fans

Sports agent James "Bus" Cook has, in large part, escaped the kind of criticism other agents get for how they handle negotiations for their clients. He hasn't had to appear in front of a camera to defend a client against accusations of law-breaking behavior.

Clients like Brett Favre and Steve McNair enjoyed long careers in the NFL, and they were able to steer clear of any major controversies until late in their careers. Even then, no one batted an eye at Cook, and there was no reason to.

Even when Favre went through his highly-charged divorce from the Packers last year, no one really looked at Cook as being even partly responsible for what was going on. McNair had a similarly ugly divorce from Tennessee, but again, no one really blamed Cook for anything.

There have been a couple incidents this offseason that involve Cook clients, though, and when you combine them with the Favre disaster, it does make you wonder a little bit.

The highest-profile of these issues surrounds Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, who threw a fit when he learned that the Broncos were dangling him in an attempt to acquire former Patriots signal-caller Matt Cassel. In a conference call with Cutler and Cook this week, the Broncos seemed to think things went well. Leaks coming from the Cutler camp indicate that the call was disappointing.

Obviously, someone is lying.

If that's not enough, Ken Lucas, a Cook client who plays for the Carolina Panthers, may have cost himself a job after making it clear he would not play for the Detroit Lions, just as the Panthers were working on a trade with Detroit for Lucas. The decision means Lucas will either play for the $6.5 million he was scheduled to make in 2009 (whether it be for Carolina or a team more desirable than Detroit), he'll re-work the deal and probably get more money in the end, or he'll get cut by Carolina and be free to pick and choose his new team and new contract.

While there's no evidence that the agent had anything to do with these moves, it does seem a bit fishy. Cutler's case becomes even stranger if you believe this Peter King report from last week.

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.
Now, this report did come and go pretty quickly, so one could assume it's not true. However, King hasn't made his career out of making stuff up, and while I haven't heard any confirmation of this, I also haven't heard any denials.

If it is true, why would Cutler think he can just turn around and blame the Broncos for trying to trade him? Moreover, why would Cutler request a trade in the first place? It wasn't as if he could follow Bates somewhere, being that he had already burned up his eligibility and all.

Cook and Favre would have you believe that the Packers never wanted Favre to play for them again after that NFC Championship loss. Of course, the Packers would like it if you didn't believe that. Even after he admitted that he came back because he wanted to "stick it to (Packers GM) Ted (Thompson)", Favre could only get a classy statement from the Packers out of his re-retirement. While Green Bay took the high road in just about every way, Favre has tried multiple times to publicly harm the Thompson's reputation.

There is no obvious connection between Cook and the trouble that we saw in Packers camp last summer. However, common sense dictates that Cook was the one pushing at least a few of the buttons. When Favre retired for the first time in March of 2008, there was talk from Cook that Favre wanted to play another year, but he didn't feel the Packers wanted him back. Later in the summer, Pro Football Talk ran a report that Cook was pushing Favre to play in 2008. Just like the King/Cutler/trade story, these things don't just appear out of the air.

Normally, such reports would be taken with a grain of salt. However, consider that Thompson is well-known for his way of doing things. He prefers keeping things close to the vest. He's not a pot-stirrer, and those who know him describe him as being extremely honest. The bottom line is that when Thompson says the team wanted Favre to come back, no one has a single reason not to believe him.

Now that Favre and McNair gone, and Randy Moss is under contract for a couple more years, Cook no longer has a high-profile meal ticket. Is he trying to angle to get Cutler more money somewhere? Is he trying to get Cutler in a position to go someplace that would fit his talents more?

(That can't be, right? Cutler threw for over 4,500 yards and was a Pro Bowler last season. And new Denver coach Josh McDaniels is known as a young offensive mastermind. Why would he want to leave?)

You can say what you want about Cook. He's definitely good at his job, and he is able to give his clients a lot of attention because he doesn't have a huge roster of athletes he works for. You don't hear his clients complaining a lot about their contracts.

However, you can also understand frustrations that some may have with him. He could very well be stirring the pot in the Cutler saga, and it's pretty obvious that he did at least some of that with Favre and the Packers. Cook had better be careful, or a near picture-perfect public image (at least as far as agents go) could come crumbling down in front of him.

Someone else picking up on this story. ..

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/12/is-bus-cook-a-troublemaker/

Someone else picking up on this story. ..

It looks that way.

OB
03-12-2009, 11:57 AM
agents are ruining sports and the players :tsk:

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM

I suppose at some level they are necessary evil. :tsk:

MadMax
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
As much as I would love to have someone that we can all come together on and hate with impunity, it seams like this line of argument gives Jay Cutler too much of a free pass. Like it or not Bus Cook is Jay's employee and whatever he does it is with Jay's tacit approval. If everything that has happened the past few weeks was from Bus' manipulations then Jay bares full responsibility for their results.

skycoyote
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
There should be a open season on attorney's.

Gamechanger
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
he isn't no Drew Rosenhaus but after reading that article i'd stay away from him like the plague too

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
As much as I would love to have someone that we can all come together on and hate with impunity, it seams like this line of argument gives Jay Cutler too much of a free pass. Like it or not Bus Cook is Jay's employee and whatever he does it is with Jay's tacit approval. If everything that has happened the past few weeks was from Bus' manipulations then Jay bares full responsibility for their results.

Not by a long shot does it give Cutler to much of a free pass.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM

for the most part they are lawyers..

While there are some classy ones.... For the most part we all see the slick ones advertising on TV telling the masses they can get them HUGE settlements..

Sounds like a naive kid from Christmas got sucked into this ass clowns web..

I said when this first started up to follow the money.. Hmmmmmmmm

Sounds like I was on the Money on this one.. AGAIN

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't get the impression that Jay is that type. I mean, I am sure Bus has his own agenda and is doing what is best for him. Jay seems like type that is all about the principals. All he wants the Broncos to do is say basically, "yeah we messed up and we are sorry. You will be our QB for the next 10 years" Normally this would not be a problem. The problem is that we have a new head coaching staff. They are trying to set the tone. How would it look if the first move they made was to admit to Jay that they messed up? They would lose all credibility. I mean they have lost a lot of credibility already but they would lose all. If they don't give in, they will lose Cutler.......Very messing situation. Both sides need to come to their senses.

I don't know if McDaniels would lose all credibility. What I agree with that needs to happen is that Jay and McDaniels need to sit down together without Bus and without Bowlen and Xanders in the room and what is said there should stay there.

NightTrainLayne
03-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Monday is going to be an interesting day at Dove Valley.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Monday is going to be an interesting day at Dove Valley.

Heard Tned is rescinding all leave to mods for Monday after noon till this all blows over..

also heard a new COC will be introduced to cut down on the jay lovers responses.. will implement a new word filter to cut down on the number of bannings that will happen if jay does not show up and kiss Mc Kids butt....

ahahahahah ahahahahahaha had some o Y'all going for a second there didn't I?

Dreadnought
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
for the most part they are lawyers..

While there are some classy ones.... For the most part we all see the slick ones advertising on TV telling the masses they can get them HUGE settlements..

Sounds like a naive kid from Christmas got sucked into this ass clowns web..

I said when this first started up to follow the money.. Hmmmmmmmm

Sounds like I was on the Money on this one.. at least this one time

Edited for accuracy, Jr :D

DenBronx
03-12-2009, 03:55 PM
cook wants a paycheck. he sees this as an opportunity to get cutler a new contract with or without the broncos.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
cook wants a paycheck. he sees this as an opportunity to get cutler a new contract with or without the broncos.

DUH call this one Brett part duex

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Eff Bus Cook.

Dang Tubby you make one ugly woman. :D

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Eff Bus Cook.

I find Tubby and Jrwitz's avatars offensive. Please remove them or I will do something drastic.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM

All Jay has to is play like he has been and he wil get that big contract but it wont be until after this next year. If Cook isn't the big dumbass I think he is he should be making sureh client gets to OTAs.

DenBronx
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I find Tubby and Jrwitz's avatars offensive. Please remove them or I will do something drastic.

ive never seen jr with an avatar. why not?

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM

I was horsing round with it and frankly when I tried to end it it said unable to use it as it was a invalid URL..

I have really never had a Avy except when I won a weekly contest..

Once Dean brought to my attention that it stuck I removed it..

even though I really do feel he is being an EMO..

BTW what drastic measure were you ready to take?..

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 11:30 PM
ive never seen jr with an avatar. why not?

He had one briefly this morning.

BroncoNut
03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I was horsing round with it and frankly when I tried to end it it said unable to use it as it was a invalid URL..

I have really never had a Avy except when I won a weekly contest..

Once Dean brought to my attention that it stuck I removed it..

even though I really do feel he is being an EMO..

BTW what drastic measure were you ready to take?..

Idk, but I am glad we were able to resolve this without going there.

claymore
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Idk, but I am glad we were able to resolve this without going there.

Im glad your numbchucks werent involved Gray Bush.

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2009, 09:56 AM
My guess, is it was supposed to read: Largest Contract in NFL History (Jay Cutler, 2010). All by Bus Cook.

Jay deserves a raise. But largest contract in NFL History? I don't think he's have seen that under Shanahan either. I'm vehemently opposed to trading him, but he's a long way from the best player in the NFL--why would we pay "Best Player in the NFL" money?

In any case, everyone here would hate on Cutler's agent no matter who he was. He isn't being paid to have the Broncos' best interests in mind. :coffee:

BroncoNut
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I believe in Jay

horsesense
03-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Yep! I said the same thing about Scott Boras in one of the baseball threads.

tubby
03-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I believe in Jay

Me too nut, in fact I am a full fledged member of dicks for six, founded by Jon the Bronco.

BroncoNut
03-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Me too nut, in fact I am a full fledged member of dicks for six, founded by Jon the Bronco.

:tsk:

Dreadnought
03-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Jay deserves a raise. But largest contract in NFL History? I don't think he's have seen that under Shanahan either. I'm vehemently opposed to trading him, but he's a long way from the best player in the NFL--why would we pay "Best Player in the NFL" money?

In any case, everyone here would hate on Cutler's agent no matter who he was. He isn't being paid to have the Broncos' best interests in mind. :coffee:

I also blame Bob Slowick's ineptitude and Shanahan's stubborn insistence on keeping that stiff on the payroll. Had Slowick been able to put together even a semblance of a defense this would all be academic, because we'd have Shanny just fine tuning what was already a top notch and extremely young offense going into '09, and looking to have the Goodmans add some actual defensive players in the draft. Even if Shanahan had been willing to tell Pat "Yep, I blew it with that hiring, Slowick clearly isn't the guy, lets give Dick Nolan a call" the same would apply IMO.

That San Diego fiasco in December will haunt us for the next decade

tubby
03-13-2009, 10:32 AM
:tsk:

Dicks for Six is real, nut.

BroncoNut
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Dicks for Six is real, nut.

please change your avatar. Completely inappropriate for a Bronco fan at this time.

tubby
03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
please change your avatar. Completely inappropriate for a Bronco fan at this time.

No. If he doesn't show up on Monday he is as good as gone anyway.

Gamechanger
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM

your avatar:

http://escoladorock.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/twiggy-ramirez.jpg

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 12:03 PM

I don't disagree, I think Cook will be barking up the wrong tree unless Jay can win the Super Bowl and has phenomenal year.

Cook's job is to look after the best interests of his clients but if he's involved in this story as the "source close to situation" then I think he may be doing more harm to his client than good.

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM

I doubt it.

Lonestar
03-13-2009, 12:58 PM

As for trading him I would entertain it if the price was right.. and then he can pursue a new contract and perhaps be happier in never never land....

While an agents job is not to have the teams best interest as a first concern..

Causing a huge rift between his client and one of the most respected owner in the NFL is beyond dumb IMO..

Most other owners, GM's, Head Coaches players respect Pat.. They know he is a very fair owner that is not afraid to do what he has to done for the the team, the NFL and his players...

Why would they want a troubled player and agent that can't get along with one of the best organizations in Football..

So they could potentially have a stud QB or another Jeff George type..

Hmmmmmmmmm

tubby
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I doubt it.

OK

:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
OK

:rolleyes:

Since you seem to know more than I do, who do they get to play quarterback? :coffee:

getlynched47
03-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Bus Cook is the bad guy in this? I really would have never guessed...thanks for the article.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20080505/001aa018ff9c09896f0306.jpg

Goodbye Bus :coffee:

TXBRONC
03-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Bus Cook is the bad guy in this? I really would have never guessed...thanks for the article.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20080505/001aa018ff9c09896f0306.jpg

Goodbye Bus :coffee:

It's thoughts of the SportsGuru and I think he could very well be right.