PDA

View Full Version : Cutler-McDaniels Poll

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Denver Post Poll - Cutler-McDaniels

Settle it once and for all, Broncos Nation. Which side of the QB-coach spat do you fall on? Are you with Jay Cutler or Josh McDaniels?
Total Votes = 338

Jay Cutler: The star. He'll lead the Broncos back to glory. No coach can do that.http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif 75.44 %

Josh McDaniels: The boss. What he says, goes. Anything else is anarchy.http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif 24.55 %

This was as of midnight.

It says it all.

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 05:16 AM
In his career, in regular-season games in which the opposing team scored 30 points or more, his record is 6-22.
His name? Peyton Manning.
Not even Manning, a three-time MVP, could save the Colts when his defense was atrocious.

In his career, in regular-season games in which the opposing teams scored 30 points or more, his record was 6-31.
John Elway.

Not even Elway, who finished as the greatest comeback quarterback in NFL history, could save the Broncos when his defense was awful. In two separate seasons, the Broncos allowed 30 points or more five times when Elway played. They lost all 10 games.

Trade Jay? No way.

Give him a defense, and Jay Cutler will be one of the premier quarterbacks for a long time in the NFL. Any coach, columnist, commentator or football cynic who suggests otherwise doesn't get it.

In his career, in regular-season games in which opposing teams have scored 30 points or more, Cutler's record, when playing two full quarters or more, is 3-12.

In the past two seasons, no quarterback could have saved the Broncos with the defense they put on the field. Not Manning, not Elway, not Cutler.
When he has played more than a half, and the Broncos have permitted fewer than 30 points, Cutler's record is 14-7.
Attacked by a bunch of clowns, Cutler has gone for the juggler.

I don't blame him.

Nobody contemplated trading Manning, Elway, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman or Joe Montana early in their careers, and look what happened to them. The Atlanta Falcons traded Brett Favre after his first year, and look what happened. The Tampa Bay Bucs traded Steve Young after his second NFL season, and look what happened.

Don't let it happen. Trade Jay, and the deal will bite the Broncos in the business end for years to come.

Elway didn't win a playoff game until his fourth season, Manning his sixth. Cutler will be in his fourth season in 2009. Just imagine if the Broncos had an average defense, not the worst in the league, last season and a healthy, 1,500-yard-type starting running back, instead of eight different (and indifferent) running backs.

The Broncos would have been in the playoffs, and Cutler would have been heralded as an emerging star.

As it is, he still made the Pro Bowl and, despite the Broncos' failures, must be considered one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league.

Who would you rather have? The two Mannings, Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Kurt Warner and Donovan McNabb? Maybe most on that list, but not all.

Matt Cassel?

The Patriots won 11 games, but they didn't make the playoffs, either. The Patriots beat two playoff teams: Miami (a split) and Arizona, (which didn't show up in the next- to-last game). The Broncos beat two playoff teams: San Diego (a split), and Atlanta on the road.

Cassel had a better quarterback rating (89.4-86.0), fewer interceptions (11-18), a higher completion percentage (.634-.623) and more rushing yards (270-200), but Cutler had more completions (384-327), more passing yards (4,526-3,693), a higher yards-per-attempt average (7.3-7.2) and more touchdown passes (25-21).

Cutler is a year younger.

Cassel was not a trade (up) for the Broncos. No quarterback available among the free-agent rejects, backups and aging veterans is worthy of signing.

Nobody available among the starting quarterbacks is worthy of a trade. Nobody available among the college quarterbacks who will be on the board at No. 12 in April is worthy of drafting, and Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez are not worthy of trading up to get, because of the risk and the salary cap obligations.

And Chris Simms, who is available as the Broncos' new QB, is not worthy of starting.

Cutler is the quarterback of the past three seasons, and should be the quarterback of the future 10 seasons.

If Josh McDaniels improves the rest of the team, Cutler is not the problem. He is the solution. Jay's the way.

Dirk
03-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Nice posts!

And I couldn't agree more.

broncofaninfla
03-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I think both sides have some issues but I hope things get worked out and Cutler stays. I think McKid has a lot of things to learn at this point and it's clear he isn't ready for a head coach spot but I hope somehow the coaches and players rise up and move this team forward. It's hard to have faith in McKid at this point.

AndyUKBronco
03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I love Cutler to bits but in my opinion he is acting like a five year old.

With all that has gone on in the past weeks, I can't help but think Cutler has been angling for a trade all along.

Grow up Jay and get on with your job.

claymore
03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I love Cutler to bits but in my opinion he is acting like a five year old.

With all that has gone on in the past weeks, I can't help but think Cutler has been angling for a trade all along.

Grow up Jay and get on with your job.

He hasnt done or said anything wrong. All the Baby talk is nonesense. McDaniels is acting like a frightened woman by not squashing this better.

JONtheBRONCO
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Jay all the way.

tubby
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Gay for Jay.

JONtheBRONCO
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Queer for Cutler.

JONtheBRONCO
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Dicks for six.

skycoyote
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I think most of us wanted a defensive guy to come in and fix the defense. What we got was a inexperienced offensive coordinator. Three years under Bellichick in not what I deem experienced. Thats it--thats all McD has, and the fact that he wants to be a Bellichick clone doesn't impress me, I don't even like Bellichick and I don't like McD either. Jay isn't perfect but I''m sticking with Jay.

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Fiery attitudes are welcome from Jay and the McLovins. Just hug and send the fire in the same direction........on the opposition.

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm not liking McDaniels too much at this point. He lacks experience

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm not liking McDaniel's too much at this point. He lacks experience

I'm not liking jay much as he lacks maturity and good judgment..:laugh:

OB
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Right now they both can kiss my ass - show me some W's bitches!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
Why are broncos fans even taking sides in this saga

BOTH of them have hurt our team - NEITHER is a Broncos veteran - if I were Bowlen I'd be telling BOTH of them to fix this NOW or they are BOTH gone

In the end there is only ONE thing that matters - WINNING - and two of the most important people in the equation are f'ng this whole thing up

We are supposed to be taking steps forward to building a playoff bound/SB TEAM - we are not here to make someone a franchise QB or a phenom HC

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm not liking jay much as he lacks maturity and good judgment..:laugh:

I don't know what to think of Jay's head. I don't feel as if I really understand him yet. I don't see immaturity in him so much as I do frustration.

claymore
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't know what to think of Jay's head. I don't feel as if I really understand him yet. I don't see immaturity in him so much as I do frustration.

I think you are a gray bush. You are as wise as a mountain Oak that has watched the valley for a number of years.

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I think you are a gray bush. You are as wise as a mountain Oak that has watched the valley for a number of years.

those are beautiful words Clay. I must admit, I am somewhat surprised. Maybe we should pm each other more frequently.

claymore
03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
those are beautiful words Clay. I must admit, I am somewhat surprised. Maybe we should pm each other more frequently.

I think once I earn your trust we need to go and slay some mountain cougars...

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I think once I earn your trust we need to go and slay some mountain cougars...

Oh, I trust you. I trust you plenty.

claymore
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh, I trust you. I trust you plenty.

So you would go to battle against the crazy drunk mountain cougars with me?

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
So you would go to battle against the crazy drunk mountain cougars with me?

effin eh, but aren't you married?

claymore
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
effin eh, but aren't you married?

Way to blow my cover DB.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 03:47 PM

Hey I understand him well he liked mikey he allowed him free reign on going deep.. same with bates..

Nothing wrong with that he made the PRO BOWL and a lot of extra cash because of it..

But just lately everyone of our players that have gone to HNL and played they all came back with heads the size of invesco..

poorti$$$$$, ashley, now jay and maybe even Marshall..

all filled with visions of grandeur and MONEY.. and their is nothing wrong with that IF you have a guiding light or a decent agent that is looking out for something mere than his commission/%..

there is a certain point when enough money is enough.. is hanesworth really worth a hundred million? case in point..

He is not going to be any better for a hundred mill than he was for 6 mil a year..

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Bottom line for me is ultimately I don't either one of them to fail, because its bad for the team.

topscribe
03-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Bottom line for me is ultimately I don't either one of them to fail, because its bad for the team.

And that's why I have been critical of both.

-----

Day1BroncoFan
03-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I think they should kiss and make up.

If they can't do that then they should both be spanked.

They're both pissing me off right now.

topscribe
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but I gotta do it here. This is just too good!!

Love Valley: The On-Going Saga of the McDaniels-Cutler Love Affair

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=54431@kcnc.dayport.com

-----

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but I gotta do it here. This is just too good!!

Love Valley: The On-Going Saga of the McDaniels-Cutler Love Affair

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=54431@kcnc.dayport.com

-----

The new Bennifer????

I hope JOSHNJAY see that.........and puke for taking the franchise there.:tsk:

WARHORSE
03-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey I understand him well he liked mikey he allowed him free reign on going deep.. same with bates..

Nothing wrong with that he made the PRO BOWL and a lot of extra cash because of it..

But just lately everyone of our players that have gone to HNL and played they all came back with heads the size of invesco..

poorti$$$$$, ashley, now jay and maybe even Marshall..

all filled with visions of grandeur and MONEY.. and their is nothing wrong with that IF you have a guiding light or a decent agent that is looking out for something mere than his commission/%..

there is a certain point when enough money is enough.. is hanesworth really worth a hundred million? case in point..

He is not going to be any better for a hundred mill than he was for 6 mil a year..

Jay will end up playing out the next couple years.........hopefully he fires Bus by that time and we win at least one ring.

Jay will definitely go over the 100 mil mark though........well beyond.

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2009, 03:47 PM
We need a poll for whether or not Jay is going to show up Monday. What is the line in Vegas?
:pcguru:

We're I a betting man I'd vote "No, he won't" but I certainly hope I am wrong.