PDA

View Full Version : QB Trent Green Comments On Broncos Situation

getlynched47
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM
It was on NFL Total Access. Pretty interesting stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f37153

Basically he thinks the best thing for Jay Cutler is for him to show up on Monday despite the knowledge that there will be HUNDREDS of reporters, actually talk to them and proclaim himself the QB of the Denver Broncos, the leader, and call this "My team".

:salute:

frauschieze
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Interesting. Anyone have any idea which players Woodson was referring to when he said there were rumors that Cutler isn't very nice to certain players in the locker room?

Dean
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I thought some very sound and interesting points were made.

Den21vsBal19
03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Interesting. Anyone have any idea which players Woodson was referring to when he said there were rumors that Cutler isn't very nice to certain players in the locker room?
He can be forgiven if it's any of the defense ;)

Although going back to the SD game where Phyllis was gobbing off, I go tht efeeling that Jay had rubbed a few players up the wrong way..............he just seemed to be on his own all the way through that game :whoknows:

honz
03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
It was on NFL Total Access. Pretty interesting stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f37153

Basically he thinks the best thing for Jay Cutler is for him to show up on Monday despite the knowledge that there will be HUNDREDS of reporters, actually talk to them and proclaim himself the QB of the Denver Broncos, the leader, and call this "My team".

:salute:

Cutler would be smart to listen to him IMO. He and McDaniels have the ability to make this whole thing end really quickly if they want to.

MOtorboat
03-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Trent Green is a smart man.

Sorry, I haven't watched it yet, but hearing four years of him talking every Monday with the afternoon radio guy in KC, I think I can say that Cutler should listen to him. All the making fun of him aside, he's a class act.

He's been through a lot of drama here...remember Carl Peterson was his GM...contract disputes, trade talks, Larry Johnson...and through it all, he was open an honest, and classy.

DenBronx
03-11-2009, 10:06 PM

Sorry, I haven't watched it yet, but hearing four years of him talking every Monday with the afternoon radio guy in KC, I think I can say that Cutler should listen to him. All the making fun of him aside, he's a class act.

He's been through a lot of drama here...remember Carl Peterson was his GM...contract disputes, trade talks, Larry Johnson...and through it all, he was open an honest, and classy.

i agree about trent green. cutler should take his advice. whether he is mad or not the best thing for him is to actually show up. i seriously doubt cutler holds out...

anton...
03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
i agree about trent green. cutler should take his advice. whether he is mad or not the best thing for him is to actually show up. i seriously doubt cutler holds out...

holds out for what??

BroncoWave
03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
holds out for what??

Not necessarily a holdout in that since of the word, it's just that it was reported that he hasn't decided if he's going to come to workouts on Monday.

oobehr
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
When woodson said he had a bad relationship with certain people in the locker room it was probably someone on defense.

underrated29
03-11-2009, 10:52 PM
For the lockeroom part its got to be him harping on guys on defense.

On offense you know its not anyone on the line. THey protect him, and he bought them all suits. You know its not brandon, or scheff. I doubt its royal, how can anyone not like that guy. So that only leaves graham, who is also a part time blocker (more like full time) and stokes-who is imo his go to guy on any short yardage play.

I cant list RB, because we ran out of them so whats to harp on right?

That leaves defense. And in some game film you can read his lips where he says this is the worst defense ever.

I bet in the LR he says things along the lines of you guys need to pull it together and help us out some. We did our part, you need to do yours......yadda yadda.

I think its more his competative nature of wanting to win and get the best out of the players than it is being unfriendly or an ass to one person or a group of people...I do know that the LBs though usually keep to themselves more- so who knows.

Just my 2 cents.

underrated29
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
When woodson said he had a bad relationship with certain people in the locker room it was probably someone on defense.

Ohh, my bad- i type slow. That wasnt there when i started my response.

I like the way you think though.

topscribe
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I hope Jay views that clip . . .

-----

Northman
03-11-2009, 11:25 PM

I never cared for him as a player but i can say had he not got hurt in St. Louis he would probably have a ring as a starter.

Dirk
03-12-2009, 05:27 AM
I never cared for him as a player but i can say had he not got hurt in St. Louis he would probably have a ring as a starter.

That's one of those hard to say things.

I lived in St. Louis at the time and I don't think Trent would have guided the "Greatest Show on Turf" like Warner.

sneakers
03-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Is trent green even semi-lucid these days? How many concussions has he had? :throwrock:

KCL
03-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Is trent green even semi-lucid these days? How many concussions has he had? :throwrock:

A few....

I always liked Trent as our QB...Wish we could get back to have the kind of O we had with him.He seems like a very genuine person.

On topic...he is right and Cutler would be wise to take the high road and show up and take Trent's advice.Show some class on his part.

Dirk
03-12-2009, 06:16 AM
I agree KCL...Cutler needs to just show up on Monday and make a fool out of McKid for even thinking about trading him....go to work and prove to him that he was wrong!

And good luck with Cassell next year...hopefully he will be ok, but out of his familiar element..we will see if he IS that good. :D

BroncoJoe
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
I've made a lot of fun of TrINT in the past, but now that he's no longer a Chief, I can say I've always admired his class, character and play.

Cutler should listen to what he has to say.

Ziggy
03-12-2009, 07:47 AM

Frau, it makes me wonder if there is a connection between that comment and DJ's comment about the Broncos defense, "being treated like second class citizens." Either way , I'm fairly certain that Dawkins and the new coach won't let it happen this season.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm with everyone else on this Jay should take Green's advice and show up.

claymore
03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
I hope Jay just shows up. Im not interested in what Green thinks. The right thing to do is show up.

If Mcdindong is screwing this joint up, Cutler needs to put us on his back and prove its his team too.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I hope Jay just shows up. Im not interested in what Green thinks. The right thing to do is show up.

If Mcdindong is screwing this joint up, Cutler needs to put us on his back and prove its his team too.

I think that is the most important part of what Green said.

claymore
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
I think that is the most important part of what Green said.

I guess my point was that I want Jay to do it cause it is what Jay wants to do. Not cause of advice.

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I guess my point was that I want Jay to do it cause it is what Jay wants to do. Not cause of advice.

Absolutely Jay should want to do it and I hope he does want to do it.

NightTrainLayne
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM
It appears to me that Trent has taken up dying his hair. . .

claymore
03-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Thanks for your contribution NTL.

:rolleyes:

Northman
03-12-2009, 09:40 AM

I lived in St. Louis at the time and I don't think Trent would have guided the "Greatest Show on Turf" like Warner.

Fair enough but i disagree. When you look at what Trent did in KC (minus a defense) offensively it wasnt much different than what St. Louis had and Trent didnt even have guys like Bruce or Holt at the time. Vermin knew that Green had promise and thats why he got him from Washington to begin with. Warner was just a outright surprise that Green became expendable at that point.

KCL
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM

He has but he looks handsome either way....:beer:

NightTrainLayne
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
He has but he looks handsome either way....:beer:

I thought that his gray streaks complimented his whitened and capped teeth. ..

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM

lol :lol:

KCL
03-12-2009, 11:33 AM

He does have a very nice smile.

frauschieze
03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Frau, it makes me wonder if there is a connection between that comment and DJ's comment about the Broncos defense, "being treated like second class citizens." Either way , I'm fairly certain that Dawkins and the new coach won't let it happen this season.

That's kinda what was going through my mind. I've heard so much about how Cutler is so close with his line, and most all of the receivers, it's hard to deny that it's probably the defense...... I hadn't thought about DJ's comment though. That would make perfect sense.

MOtorboat
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
That's kinda what was going through my mind. I've heard so much about how Cutler is so close with his line, and most all of the receivers, it's hard to deny that it's probably the defense...... I hadn't thought about DJ's comment though. That would make perfect sense.

It stinks of a former player, ***cough***cough***DreBlyNateWebster***cough***...

frauschieze
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
It stinks of a former player, ***cough***cough***DreBlyNateWebster***cough***...

Agreed. It sure would be nice to know who though. :D

Anymore, I'm always surprised when I first hear rumors on NFLN since I always "hear" them first on this site, or through other contacts. This one just struck me by surprise......

claymore
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM

March 12th 2009 ....... The day NTL came out of the closet.

KCL
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM

He has good taste in men.:D

BroncoNut
03-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I never thought of Trent as good looking. that is interesting.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Hey he did pretty good Job driving the mess in KC, and they did very well offensively for many years until he and his OLINE retired..

We all see the shambles of what happened after that..

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
He has good taste in men.:D

This may not be the kind of support that NTL wants. :laugh:

LRtagger
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM

He's just stirring the pot. No reason to think Mckid would trade Jay because of the way he acts in the locker room...seeing as how they haven't even shared a locker room yet.

What is he going to say "Oh Jay I heard a rumor about how you treat some of the other players (including the ones that I cut because I think they suck too) so we are going to trade you."

Woodson is completely out of line even suggesting such a thing.

Its just more rumors being spread to make it dramatic.

getlynched47
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM

:laugh:.......thats funny :lol:

Flatinum
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Hopefully Jay puts down his blankie, spits out his pacifier and shows up on Monday. But by his actions and reactions to the situation I doubt he shows up. I hope I'm wrong.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Hopefully Jay puts down his blankie, spits out his pacifier and shows up on Monday. But by his actions and reactions to the situation I doubt he shows up. I hope I'm wrong.

this has Brett Farve written all over it..

he forced the GM and group to come to him in Mississippi wonder if Pat has the G warmed up yet..

Dreadnought
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Cutler needs to just show up on Monday and make a fool out of McKid for even thinking about trading him

Agreed - if Cutler was smart he'd be a total Boy Scout now just to make McKid look even more like an idiot. It might drive up his trade value and future contract numbers as well - or even better re-cement him here as the future of this franchise.

Dean
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
JR- I always thought that you had more class than your avatar indicates.

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Agreed - if Cutler was smart he'd be a total Boy Scout now just to make McKid look even more like an idiot. It might drive up his trade value and future contract numbers as well - or even better re-cement him here as the future of this franchise.

wanna bet it does not happen..

If what his agent did to Brett and the others he managed and the comment made in the other thread of making jay the highest paid player in the NFL well I see no reason to keep him around after this contract is kaput..

He may be good but not worth $20,000,000.00 PLUS a year.. when we can get a system QB for 20% or less than that........

Lonestar
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
JR- I always thought that you had more class than your avatar indicates.

I was goofing around and frankly it said it did not take.. I'll go back and remove it..

I did not show up for me.. actually it is embarssing.. thanks for letting me KNOW..

Den21vsBal19
03-12-2009, 04:17 PM

By the sound of things, part of the problem IS that Jay's spat out his dummy ;)

this has Brett Farve written all over it..

he forced the GM and group to come to him in Mississippi wonder if Pat has the G warmed up yet..

Same agent.......................coincidence? :whoknows:

TXBRONC
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Exactly, if McDaniels really did or does think that Cassel would be a better quarterback for this team, the best thing he could do is come in and prove him wrong. If does that he will get a big contract and it will be from the Broncos.

honz
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Sig of the year nominee from claymore. :rofl:

BeefStew25
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM

I lived in Florida, and I think he would have.